• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11395 2 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Picked up a Getaway a couple of months ago, love the game more with unlimited play at home. Have a question of course, have tried so much already, thought I would post here for any additional thoughts.
I was watching game play video, and saw players go up the left ramp, and then put the left flipper up. Ball jumps over to the right flipper for another left ramp shot. Smooth. In my game, the ball dribbles off the left flipper in the same scenario. I have tried everything I can think of. Mainly to increase ball speed. wire ramp alighment, lane divider alignment, new/smaller slingshot rubber, adjust the inline guide, align flipper, tried both low and high, different flipper rubbers, rebuild flippers earlier, level game/increase pitch. Out of ideas.....
See 2:13 of this video:

You do see that the player (probably Bowen Kerins) bumps the machine to make the ball pop up more, right?

#11397 2 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

yes, I saw the bump in the 2nd video (no bump in the first video). I noticed my machine was a bit out of level tonight when I checked, lower on the left, so re-leveled and when up a bit more to see the impact to this scenario. And there it is - the ball moves properly over to the right flipper each time as expected. I think all the other items have some minor impact too (bump, flipper rubber, flipper adjust, inline guide adjust, etc.), but the most impact was the level. Appreciate the replies.

Nice. Glad to hear you got it to work!

Just for the hell of it I tried it on my Getaway tonight and yeah…. It was a no go.

I have super bands on mine so maybe that’s why? Sigh, I guess I’ll have to try to figure mine out now. See what you started!?

Thanks a lot!

#11398 2 years ago

Since I’m posting on here, might as well post some pics of my game after I changed up the lighting and finally got around to installing my art blades!

I Kinda copied the lighting they did on one of Todd Tukey’s videos.

Hope I didn’t already post these pics here and I forgot…

DC9AA64A-BEE9-489F-9593-3356518F6CC1 (resized).jpegDC9AA64A-BEE9-489F-9593-3356518F6CC1 (resized).jpeg
D41CAE34-7A2C-47A5-95DE-4590BBF20E80 (resized).jpegD41CAE34-7A2C-47A5-95DE-4590BBF20E80 (resized).jpeg
22127E0C-1E4F-4BD1-A769-4D1EE488D3AF (resized).jpeg22127E0C-1E4F-4BD1-A769-4D1EE488D3AF (resized).jpeg

D904B51A-7FA6-4E5B-885D-337B7743B823 (resized).jpegD904B51A-7FA6-4E5B-885D-337B7743B823 (resized).jpeg
F6BEFCB8-1274-42AE-9A9D-BE0182B0ECF8 (resized).jpegF6BEFCB8-1274-42AE-9A9D-BE0182B0ECF8 (resized).jpeg
C92B9C25-1E8E-4738-96E2-64E42652F32B (resized).jpegC92B9C25-1E8E-4738-96E2-64E42652F32B (resized).jpeg
9BB279CA-C874-4FC4-A39F-485265AF12A0 (resized).jpeg9BB279CA-C874-4FC4-A39F-485265AF12A0 (resized).jpeg

6 months later
#11767 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Have two 9k + games sitting next to the Getaway and all I want to do is play this game how fucked up is that

Not fucked up at all! Getaway is a great game very underrated and so much fun. Always a blast to play.

1 month later
#11939 2 years ago

I don’t know…. I kinda like my color coordinated lights!

5D57078C-8BCB-4FCB-ADE2-74AE710B56C6 (resized).jpeg5D57078C-8BCB-4FCB-ADE2-74AE710B56C6 (resized).jpeg
#11942 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I got flamed hard by supporting the over-the-rainbow look of some games. IMHO, it's a personal choice. Personally, it's very game specific. My STTNG looks great with a purple hue. I tried the same on TZ and can't wait to remove it. My HSII is cool white, which I think looks great. But to each their own. Frankly, I don't care what color you paint your house or what color shirt you wear. To each their own.
My cell camera does an awful job photographing my rainbow games. They always look over saturated. Not sure if there's a way to adjust the iphone camera to make it look more real-life.....

Agree, the photos don’t do a good job of showing the lighting changes we make.

Bottom line, is like you said, to each his own.

6 months later
#12361 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Tantrum, you make this machine even more enjoyable. Thank you and your prices are on point.
[quoted image]

Post pics when you get that installed! Please.

I may want I get some of that awesomeness!

#12364 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You can see many of my mods in the attached photos.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

I will look at home after work.

2 months later
#12532 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I imagine that the next time I install side art blades (which will be my 2nd time) the process will go more smoothly than it did the 1st time. Has anyone used these ( https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html ) to protect art blades? And, if so, what do you think of them? Does installing & removing them every time you raise the pf become a pain-in-the-butt ?

These are great for protecting your art blades. They pop in and out in less than 3 seconds. No pain at all. Great product and worth the $40 bucks.

I put art blades on my getaway about a year ago and I just pulled the playfield out. Set it on top of my tool chest with wheels and popped the art blades in. Pretty easy as long as you have a helper. The art blade protectors really come in handy when you are putting the playfield back into the cabinet!

7C43C959-FA2B-4748-A636-EA440FF0D087 (resized).png7C43C959-FA2B-4748-A636-EA440FF0D087 (resized).pngF9ABA00C-4FE6-45B6-8261-A5601F33B1C9 (resized).pngF9ABA00C-4FE6-45B6-8261-A5601F33B1C9 (resized).png
9 months later
#13353 6 months ago

What do I win???

IMG_5327 (resized).jpegIMG_5327 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5326 (resized).jpegIMG_5326 (resized).jpegIMG_5324 (resized).jpegIMG_5324 (resized).jpegIMG_5325 (resized).jpegIMG_5325 (resized).jpegIMG_5323 (resized).jpegIMG_5323 (resized).jpeg
#13363 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'm not sure there was a prize for slowest.

oh damn.... that's cold.

ha ha... I didn't realize that a lower number is actually faster ball movement.

so how can I make it faster? is there an adjustment in the settings?
I feel inferior now.

#13369 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm retooling the magnetic field mechanism on mine to get faster times. Only issue is it required me to add a secondary power supply to the pin.
Here are the magnets I went with:
[quoted image]
Here is what it looks like from the outside:
[quoted image]

You gonna need a bigger cabinet…

3 weeks later
#13385 5 months ago

Just wanted to post this.

You never know when you’re going to have that one game and blow it up like never before. I went down to my basement to grab a drink and decided to play my Getaway once (which usually turns into twice or three times!). Anyway, had one of my best games ever and put up my highest score yet, just under 400,000!

I’ve owned this pin since around 2015 and I always say it’s never leaving. My wife and I used to play this in the arcade when it came out… it was my wife’s favorite pin. That’s why I bought. It may not have deep code but man it’s such a thrill when you get it going! I got to red line mania twice, got 3 multi balls, got the helicopter bonus, a few extra balls and at least one 100,000 jackpot! In one game!

I didn’t take a picture because I didn’t have my phone and didn’t plan to be in the basement that long but its saved on my high scores so I’ll take one tomorrow or Monday and post it later.

Such a great pinball machine!!!

#13399 5 months ago

I think mine does one at a time too…

Guess that means I’ll have to play it tonight when I get home. And, I have to play until I get 3 balls locked for the multiball! Might as well have a beer while I’m at it too!

Thanks?

I’ll post what I find later, but I won’t be home for another 7 hours.
oh well, it’ll give me an excuse to add my high score picture from Saturday.

#13411 5 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

All this talk of gameplay and multiballs and jackpots and I thought I better have a few games myself. Had my second highest score ever at 1.19 billion. Had the Superjackpot up to 175 million and choked at least a few times with legit chances to get it and never did, lol. Did realize that the relighting of the superjackpot by going back up the supercharger caps at 50 loops. The game keeps adding 10 loops each time you score a jackpot to get the next one, but it seems like it won't go higher than 50 loops. Crazy game.
Anyone cracking the highscores on my Getaway is going to need at least a billion to do it...

#13414 5 months ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

In my getaway the up/down post releases all the locked balls instead of one at a time. Can anybody advise me of a fix or adjustment I can make for this?

Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mine does not ever do one at a time, never has. New polaris balls, or ninjas, whatever junk was in it when I bought it, etc...mine just dumps them all at the same time.

Took me a few more days to get back to playing a game.

My Getaway releases one ball at a time and always has.

Also here’s that picture of my highest score I got the other day too!

IMG_5656 (resized).jpegIMG_5656 (resized).jpeg
#13416 5 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Nicely done!
Game looks great. I like seeing games in mostly original condition with only a few subtle, tasteful mods.
Are those art blades? Which ones did you get?

Thanks!

I’ll get back to you on where from.
I have to look it up.

IMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpeg
#13417 5 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Nicely done!
Game looks great. I like seeing games in mostly original condition with only a few subtle, tasteful mods.
Are those art blades? Which ones did you get?

here you go...

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/getaway-pinball-sideblades/

3 weeks later
#13453 4 months ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Question. Dialling in my Getaway. I see people mention that the ball returning from the left ramp can be ski jumped from the left flipper onto the right flipper. This is how my mate’s plays too. However on mine, the ball seems to lose a lot of momentum either in the left in lane or as it hits the left flipper. If you hold the left flipper up, the ball will just dribble off the end and go down the center out hole.
Pitch is 6.7 degrees.
Flipper bat is aligned just above the marker
Any tips appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s because of your flipper rubbers. Super bands right? I have the same and can’t do it either.

I’ve been meaning to swap them out to regular rubber again but haven’t gotten around to it.

2 weeks later
#13520 4 months ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi everyone,
I finally managed to purchase a pinball machine that I had wanted to include in my collection for a long time: GETAWAY!
After an in-depth review of the electronic part I dedicated myself to my favorite part: aesthetic modding!
Here are the changes made:
- custom external graphics designed and printed by me
- donut heaven designed and printed by me
- supercharger mod designed and printed by me
- mountains printed by me
- pin2dmd with redrum colorization (fantastic!)
- playfield protector
That's all for now, I'll add some stickers and scorecards soon.
If you are interested in more detailed photos of the mods and graphics, please visit my gallery at dystopicpinball.com
If you like some mod and are interested in a replica, write to me via email or private message.
thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, that’s really nice.

Great work!

2 months later
#13701 43 days ago

Wait, it’s not a Fiero GT?

IMG_7017 (resized).jpegIMG_7017 (resized).jpegIMG_7018 (resized).jpegIMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Pinball-Obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.