• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Passave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10080 4 years ago

Hi guys! I have a Getaway and going to make it one of the top10 most awesome builds on planet earth...Glad you guys are here to join me!...Lol.

#10083 4 years ago

You guys are pretty harsh, 202 Pages of thread, and than some hep, lots of nice, nice machines, I may have to step up my game some to make the grade...Hello Malenco guess who is wearing her giant sunglasses? (Giggle).

#10085 4 years ago

I can see that...Love the shaker/ pinsound thing you did, and really curious to look into that a bit deeper...For now my Hot mess is over at byoac, "Jenns hot mess" part 2.

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You missed me so much you followed me to pinside?

Before you go get a big head, I finally got to the end of little miss Getaways secrets, and now get to look at other builds as part of my unbiased research....And Oh my, lots to look at could have saved years on that build, currently looking into pinsound, (have you seen MrTs shaker thing?) The sound board seems a little less than OEM as far as quality (Imo) but that could just be modern vs old, however ...anyway Dance,Dance!

#10092 4 years ago

Yes, me too Jenni lives half alive (you have seen my house ), and babysitting 100+ machines is NOT helping...However, I dont feel as we have a choice in the matter, we will be dead and forgotten long before these machines...So Pinsound it is! (And popcorn for dinner).

#10096 4 years ago

That is U..G..L..Y...omg, I am thinking long sleepless nights cursing at a monypit...But upside, quite the upgrade, Thanks for those links ,and all the work you did on that project mrT, that had to have been a brutal project out of the gate.

#10107 4 years ago

I would think most people having troubles with that, would have to consider the fact (correct me if I am wrong) That is an emulator, not unlike Mame, or a vp, and as such it is extracting specific functions from multiple files (watch that video closely and it becomes apparent, If that is the case, G2 is a prime candidate for such a platform since it is controlled by a matrix sending the information discreetly...However Where I get lost is Flipper Fidelity uses 8 ohm speakers (not 4 ohm) and apparently they are to be hooked in series, making it effectively mono not stereo kind of defeating the purpose.

#10109 4 years ago

Here is a fun pic for you guys...It has some fire damage.

Screenshot_20200103-105629_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200103-105629_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10111 4 years ago

Oh yes that pesky thing...I would make you one, However that would be tricky, The board itself may not be consistent from machine to machine and the holes would not line up ...I spose you could scan yours and we could check it out?

20191218_161446 (resized).jpg20191218_161446 (resized).jpg
#10116 4 years ago

Malenco,...OMG, every time I see that thing I gotta just stop what I am doing till I stop laughing, You got me today in the checkout line at W/mart, every was staring at me like I had gone INSANE...Thing looks like a steam boiler in a shipyard or something...OMG...LMAO!

#10117 4 years ago

MrT/Kdude...I can't do pics apparently and see that one got flipped or something (little embarrassed) But yes it does serve purpose and is not just insistent bling...Short story is the board is made from 2 pieces of milled painted oak, and wood as you know (especially planned) is highly susceptible to warpage due to moisture content What you are looking at (upside down I guess) is clad with that stainless mirror to help keep it flat forever...The pic does not do it justice however it just glows in the dark and is absolutely gorgeous....Like Me (giggle,blush)

#10122 4 years ago

Well that is impressive boys, it took a minute to understand what it was I was looking at kinda has a walking dead vibe going on but quite nice....I am going to need more then a mere pink car to beat that MrTantrum*(Jennifer summons her monkeys with an evil laugh)

#10140 4 years ago

That hole is wicked ugly to duplicate, it is actually recessed the thickness of the dome flange, (and 1 1/8 wide If memory serves )but on the underside it has a cutout for the lock cam... It is a nasty project to be sure and to do it correctly would have to be removed and routed out on a template, But be warned, the rest of that panel is a rabbit hole and requires quite a workbench to replicate... one mistake and it is game over.

#10161 4 years ago

Omg you guys are melting my brains!...However does anyone happen to to know the output on that board, that is, That is to say is it set up for 8ohm loads, or 4ohm like the oem was?...Reason I ask is FF is 8 ohm hooked in series, does that affect the stereo capability of this board? (Cant seem to find a build sheet on it)

#10163 4 years ago

Funny man...* Jenni snorts with faux indignation

#10185 4 years ago

Well actually they do, It is called Pinsound, and apparently it is the cats meow.

#10190 4 years ago

Mrs Tantrum, Thanks for that amp, any word on that driver board yet?...(Jenn laughs)

#10214 4 years ago

That's what I was trying to say, yes it is routed so the flage of that dome is flush with the top, Sooo width of the flange times 2 gives you the size of the hole...But be warned before you cut, it is not centered, it is set back towards the rear of the cab.

#10215 4 years ago

I want to say that was a 1 1/8 flange cutter, (Whiteside sells them) with a 1/2 in shaft (for safety beings it is over a inch) and a bearing for riding on a template (another hole panel mounted underneath that one) for the bearing to ride one,...And you will also need to clamp a 2×4 to the top edge of the back so you got a level flat place for the router to ride on.

#10221 4 years ago

The aftermarket stickers do that too, cars, gel coat, it must be something with red pigments...I actually put a set of stickers on mine that were already faded almost to pink (I kinda liked it) However I believe the art was scanned from a pre faded machine and ultimately wound up stripping them and buying a new set just to have the deep red, and clearcoting them for Uv protection....I notice your machine has a few red tidbits that are not found out here in the real world, I wonder if the years will create the same condition?

#10223 4 years ago

I would have to agree with you there (I saw that)...As compared to OEM where the wood can be somewhat unpredictable and susceptible to cracking ,Those decals especially with clear on the is a far better choice (IMO) since it floats on top, and in the event of trauma or fade can be easily replaced.

#10263 4 years ago

OMG this project sounds absolutely miserable...I am so hoping that plug and play is going to be "good enough" and dont need to know all this insanity.

#10266 4 years ago

Well Mr_Tantrum (and every body else)...I just want to take a moment to say thank you for what you are doing, and making it available to the rest of us.

1 week later
#10282 4 years ago

Finally somebody acknowledges the importance of impedance...And the rest of you guys thought I was crazy.

#10309 4 years ago

That crossover is I believe a 60hz coil, The human voice (male) starts around 85hz, so effectively that coil clips the signal and splits it mid/sub...Pinsound speaker sets (and FF for Pinsound) apparently dont use the coil, and since it is also a stereo board my guess would be it manipulated digitally on the board as part of the emulation...A more pressing problem (IMO) would be the 8ohm resistance of those replacements(I know right, why?) , Originally those were only 4ohm speakers in a WPC not 8ohm (although it is not a problem if rewired as series)...I am thinking those are also doubling as a V/pin speaker/amp platform.

#10311 4 years ago

They won't sound good if the speakers are wrong, (unless you hook it in up series to be mono) it would take more power to drive a bigger resistance load, and consequently the amp would have to work harder to drive a load it wasn't designed for...In a best situation this would only manifest itself as excessive heat, and shorten the life of the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Passave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Passave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.