• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

920 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 4.
#134 10 years ago

Looking to join but need one first. Anyone have one for sale within 4-5 hours for pick up of 55117? Thanks.

1 week later
#153 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Hi Guys - first post on pinside to join the HS2 club. So G'day from the most isolated city in the world. This was my first pinball - and as probably some of you can relate to, was an absolute beater. Being new to the hobby I got shafted as well on price by some dodgy operators. I could have conceded, and maybe hated the hobby, but instead I have turned a negative into a positive, and 10 pins later, this is now the pride of my collection.
Here is mine finished today. Restored & ceramic clear coated playfield. Totally rebuilt, re decaled and clear coated cabinet. Custom red pearl trim (thought the door would be a bit much), alternate back glass, cointaker LED's throughout. New plastics, red metallic flipper bats and flipper buttons, Flipper Fidelity complete kit. Many, many brand new parts, I could go on and on - could have had me a Medieval Madness for the cost !!! Supercharger black pearl, with violet flick. I have red, orange and silver metallic flames still to add to this. Have some custom decals for apron & supercharger still coming.

P1010613.JPG 47 KB

P1010614.JPG 52 KB

P1010615.JPG 41 KB

P1010616.JPG 42 KB

P1010617.JPG 61 KB

59647-2.jpg 42 KB

59647-3.jpg 43 KB

59647-4.jpg 50 KB

That is BEAUTIFUL!!

#168 10 years ago

Mine will be arriving in a week or so and I want to get cab. leg protectors. I see some of you have the big plastic ones on, are they any good. The game I bought has the decal wrikle and peeling and my thinking is that the bigger protectors will hide that stuff.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Am I missing something here on the alternative (open top nice boobs) translight... that's a Ferrari. I believe the car themed in HSII is a Lamborghini.

It is.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pretty... but be careful moving the playfield in and out. i just chipped my new supercharger cover on the metal flap that is attached to the cabinet behind the ramp :/

Where did you get a new supercharger cover?

#177 10 years ago

I should have guessed, Marco. Thanks.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I fixed the post where it now spits out individual balls. Then my beacon quit working. I busted it open and found the problem.
Gears are completely stripped. Will a gear from any strobe work?

And another unrelated question. I am thinking of picking up another project pin. I have a chance at a Taxi (and I really want my first System 11.) But someone pointed out that the playfield will be pretty damn close with a Getaway. Your thoughts, is it too similar for a 4 pin lineup? I also ....might.... have a chance at a BOP but not sure on that one

FOT66BD.jpg 185 KB

Sorry can't help ya with the gear prob. and never played Taxi but I do have BoP and it's really cool and a very diff. game but the out lanes take some getting used to. I think you can still get the mini pf, plastic ramps, ramp decals and the helmet. I put them on mine and it really looks nice and when she talks it's really cool.

4 weeks later
#206 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Added the Key mod yesterday - simple but awesome. Also added clear superbands to my red metallic flipper bats. I am very happy with the look.

image.jpg 198 KB

Lookin good.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Very nice.
Anyone know how RAL3000 would look on legs, rails etc?

What's that?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

The cabinet is clearcoated. Many, many times.

Looks like a black mirror. Beautiful.

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

To achieve the result I did was very time consuming and expensive. I have an automotive accident repair centre, so it is top range automotive clearcoat applied in conrolled conditions. After decals were applied, there is a special 2 PAC sealer applied wet, followed immediately by 2 even coats of high solid clear (sprayed of course) heat was then gently applied for 40min (100F for my amercian friends) then it was left overnight. We then cut back the clearcoat with P600 with an orbital sander, this was to remove any imperfections to create an extremely flat surface in order to get a mirror finish. Then we applied the high solid clearcoat again (2 coats as before). The cutting heating and re applying happened about 5 times. We then finally achieved a flawless deep gloss mirror finish that is 100 UV protected. Those reds will be red forever, regardless of where that cab sits.

How much would you have charged someone to do their game like that?

#220 10 years ago

Yeah that's a few $$$ alright. What is ceramic clearcoat?

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Ceramic clearcoat is a virtually scratch proof clear. They are now putting it on the latest BMW's an Merc's. It is similar in nature to a coffee cup surface. Very difficult to vandalise with a key. I have seen completely smashed panels that are squashed - but not scratched. Very durable stuff. My cab and playfield have also been finished in this.
Hey I'll do a playfield and a cab for you if you strip and re assemble my TOM so I can do mine !!

You must have to bake it on then. Got a link to it, my Mustang is going to be painted soon, I could tell my body guy about it.

3 weeks later
#232 9 years ago

I will, that's some fast help for a fellow owner in need.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Crap, I gonna need some help

image-461.jpg 201 KB

Ouch, never had to fix a problem like that.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from PNCPIN:

First pin I ever owned and I've had it for about 9 years and still love playing it.

Got mine a few months ago and it's not going anywhere.

1 week later
#242 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Fixed it. I had the playfield spring laying on a switch shorting the connection.

That was an easy fix....but it took some time to find it.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

To make it worse, it was an arcade party and the room was dark and the ball was tougher to see on the dim play field.

That's why I've been putting Pinballbulbs double spot lights on my games. Here's a before and after shot of my Space Station with 4 doubles on it. BIG diff. Probably could use one more for the ramp entrance. Some of the inserts arn't lit in the before pict.

Spots off.JPGSpots off.JPG
Spots on.JPGSpots on.JPG

#264 9 years ago

That's why we aren't game programers.

#266 9 years ago

Yup....color dmd for Getaway please.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

it gets played ALOT. I love it and its not leaving for quite some time.

Same here.

#271 9 years ago

Great game, you were rockin-n-rollin. A 10 min. game?

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone have custom cards for their getaway?

I think there are some on previous pages.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I had a weird anomaly just occur. I was testing the start of multiball and I slung the balls into the donut shop by hand. The coil let only 2 out of 3 balls out for multiball; it left the third one in the "locked" position. I noticed this, and I tried to gently push the "lock rod" down by hand to get the 3rd ball out. I could tell the lock rod wasn't going to give, so I just kept playing. Then, the game reset all by itself.
I went into diagnostics, and the coil behaved just fine after that; it brought the "lock rod" fully down during the test time in diagnostics mode. Then, I played three games - all of them enabling multiball by use of the flippers rather than "hand slinging" them into the donut shop, and all three times the game played just fine - no problems at all.
There's no credit dot or anything. Game is playing just fine.
Any thoughts? Was that just a random fluke? I read up on PinWiki for reset issues, but this isn't a pattern yet, and the coil was acting up not letting the third ball loose; it wasn't like "all is well" and then "BOOM...reset!"
Figured I'd ask before letting it mess too much with my head!

Have you lifted the pf and checked that assembly for any type of binding, broken or cracked parts? You could have a coil sleeve going bad, it's an old game.

1 month later
#313 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

hey who shifts down?

I do....from 1st to 2nd and again from 3rd to 4th. My Mustang only has a 4 speed.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

So Stu at CPR is doing the plastics and backglass but not the playfield. Do you guys know who plans to make the playfield?? He says it's already being done by someone else.

No clue.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Just joined the club last night!
need to sort out a few bugs but nothing major.
have a few Q's
The lights in the supercharger,when do they come on?are they flashers?
mine dont seem to work at all
the speakers,
I took the dmd panel off for a quick look and the right speaker is smaller than the left.
but it looks stock.(sound is not great )
Cant wait to get stuck into this over the weekend!
Thanks!

2014-07-10 23.16.23.jpg 171 KB

They should come on when the ball is in the Supercharger and yes they are flashers. Yes the speakers are different sizes back there. Welcome to the club

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

whats the deal with the speakers?
whay are they like that?

One is a mid-range and one is a tweeter I believe.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

thanks Paul,
hopefully the flashers are working.!
whats the deal with the speakers?
whay are they like that?

Your in Ireland, I was over there about 5 years ago for the Celtic Woman Homecoming show in Dublin then me and my buddy spent a week driving around. I love your country and want to go back sooooo bad.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Thanks paul.
yeah im Irish!
one of a handful of pinheads,but a growing number thank god.
most of our pins were shipped to the UK by one person back in the early 2000's so there hard to get.
Unless you take the ferry to England.
I blew up a IC in the mainboard today.today. Luckily i had one to hand so got a new socket in and a new chip and back in action.
I have 1 main problem left to sort out.
The opto board for the entrance ramp/loop switch is busted.
when i get that sorted all i have is some flashers in the pops and the superchrger cover to fix and i'll be 100%.
then I can start the few mods I'd like to do.
playing without the supercharger sucks!

Check out my topic "DIY Getaway lighting mod". I think it has some cool lighting mods for Getaway.

2 weeks later
#345 9 years ago

New Getaway plastic set out from CPR. With extra plastics too. REALLY nice.

#351 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've had the machine for awhile now, was the 3rd pin i bought, so, about time i joined the club and posted a few pics. A BIG shout out and THANKS to Mezel Mods, i really LOVE the blue topper flashers, they add to the "feel" of the game (getting chased by the cops, driving like a loonie, wind blowing the hair back, etc, etc), errrmm NOT that i've done that mind you . I also dig the donut heaven store and the police car as well. I've added a few other bits (alternative translite, LED star posts all round and LED price cards). Must also give a big HOY and TY to Dave for the flipper toppers as well (Love your work mate). I've ordered the plastic set and can't wait to put those on too

DSC00725.JPG 148 KB

DSC00727.JPG 299 KB

Looks great but you haven't done my sling plastics light mod yet. Or lit up the highway on the back under the supercharger.

DIY Getaway light mod 3.JPGDIY Getaway light mod 3.JPG DIY Getaway light mod 4.JPGDIY Getaway light mod 4.JPG Highway 1.JPGHighway 1.JPG Highway 4.JPGHighway 4.JPG
#353 9 years ago

OK, you have seen my topic then. And did you know that Comet just came out with their color changing strips?

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I used the comet strips too,no doubt they are the best option!
I used 3 of the 12v flashers ones too.One under each of the supercharger magnets.
Realy adds to the light show but isnt blinding.
A few green leds along side the stripleds really sets off the plastics.
Added a small lambo too with a strip light in it!
A before and after

And the little lambo.

2014-07-28 19.43.30.jpg 258 KB

2014-07-26 10.58.16.jpg 180 KB

2014-07-28 19.43.22.jpg 209 KB

That's good stuff. Makes a big difference.

#357 9 years ago

That looks great......and gave ya a reason to get under the apron squeaky clean I hope.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I sure did . Some some amounts of alcohol and some paper towels, and the wood underneath the apron is looking way better !

Now for 2 or 3 coats of wax and your done. But since your under there how does the shooter coil sleeve and plunger look? Had that apart for inspection and cleaning?

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, if you're like me, you see a speaker like this and shudder:

Well, time to fix that problem. This speaker is available at Parts Express at this link:
http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

That is exactly the speaker in the picture; it is a 100% plug and play install (in terms of fitting in the cabinet).
I love speakers like this - no super duper fancy packing. Just simple box, open and "ooo..ahhh!"

Here is a comparison of the new and old.

And here it is installed in HS2:

Sounds darn good overall - well worth the money. Already installed one in BSD as well. For $30, you can't go wrong!

image002.jpg 112 KB

image003.jpg 90 KB

image005.jpg 149 KB

image006-691.jpg 122 KB

image001-893.jpg 233 KB

I hope your right, I just bought 8 of them, one for Getaway and 7 other games. I put off buying new speakers long enough so thanks for the lead. The shipping is free but they say 5-10 days but hey my games are going no where. and ya gotta love free shipping.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I already tested the speaker, and it works 100%.
Now I have factory backbox speakers, this new cabinet speaker, and the Polk external subwoofer.
It gets loud in here.
I am currently working on a cross-reference set of speakers for the backbox - won't have any results for a while. I am still finishing up BSD as well as learning how to rebuild flippers. Didn't know I needed a flipper bushing until after the order came in .... thankfully I didn't start the rebuild yet.

Nice. If they are the original bushings they are long overdue for replacement.

#372 9 years ago

What's the power rating for the audio board in the game?

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The speaker doesn't draw power directly from the audio board's amp. You're not going to toast your on-board amp if that's your concern.
http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_selection.html

Thanks, good read.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I had 3 balls in the Supercharger today for the first time. My supercharger fortunately still flies and those balls were whipping around like bullets! Needless to say my 30 times around to light the Super Jackpot was done easily and I hit it for 100 Million! I love this game.
Thanks New PinOwner for the speaker advice. Great detail on the how to and what!

3 I've only done 2 once. Good job.

3 weeks later
#395 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OK, installed new plastics (check), went with the rebel ones (check), after being inspired by MustangPaul i've added a led strip for the highway and for the gauges (check), added green led strips under the plastics either side (check), added a MezelMod start key (check and LOVE it) and also added a 1/48th scale Lamborghini Diablo with led strip (CHECK). OHHH and also waxed and polished as well (and about time too). I'm really happy with the results, have i missed anything??

DSC00865.JPG 281 KB

DSC00867.JPG 224 KB

DSC00863.JPG 144 KB

DSC00866.JPG 266 KB

Thanks for the compliment, it looks GREAT but you did forget three.

Mountain 2.JPGMountain 2.JPG Mountain 3.JPGMountain 3.JPG Ramp ent 2.JPGRamp ent 2.JPG Ramp ent 5.JPGRamp ent 5.JPG Strip light 3.JPGStrip light 3.JPG
#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got the spotlight under the accelerator plastic, sooo 2 then
Will look into adding a led strip above the entrance ramp, and the 3rd?, where is the light attached for near the flippers?, on the front of the arch?

Just like this. This is Mustang but it's the same thing on HS2.

IMGA0986.JPGIMGA0986.JPG IMGA0987.JPGIMGA0987.JPG
1 week later
#409 9 years ago

I see you don't have the sticker on the ramp so I'll let you "Getaway" with it. Looks good....now light it up.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Just joined the club yesterday. Looking forward to modding and upgrading the audio. Looking to ditch the purple LEDs too, specifically in the backglass.
"Shift Gears!"

WP_20140920_002.jpg 116 KB

WP_20140920_003.jpg 113 KB

Looks sharp but yeah get a more natural looking bg.

2 weeks later
#419 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

New member here. Got mine about a month ago and love it. It's stock but in great shape with only a little cab fade. I was pretty bad at first but have gotten much better. My high score is 456,890,070 where I got a couple of super jackpots Even my one boy is getting multiball and jackpots. Fixing my supercharger issues (ball hitting the top plastic cover) really helped in making the game more playable and fun. Had some issues with the display but reseating the connectors seems to have fixed it. I've also had air balls go back into the cabinet several times. Found out that I am missing deflector plates so I will track those down.
Beacon light loves to stick even though it has a new motor. It just takes a tap to get it spinning again so no biggie. Sometimes you have to bop it every time it comes on.
I plan on using LED lights with some extras to light up dark places - just have not had the time to experiment. I definitely think the gauges need to be lit as well as the back left corner. The mountain mod also looks right at home. Is that available anywhere or was that a one time offer?

IMG_20141007_203540_845.jpg 75 KB

Welcome to the club, your really rockin that game. Check out my topic "DIY Getaway Lighting Mod" for some ideas.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

next on my list is Funhouse - if I can find one.

That's a fun game, just played it for the first time this weekend.

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And just to think, it all started with me wanting to install a cliffy for the mountain scoop ....

It_All_Started.jpg 76 KB

Gee where have I heard that before. Are we having fun yet.

#445 9 years ago

WOW your really divin into it, that's gonna look sweet. Have you thought about getting Comets led pop cap rings? Got um on my game in the faceted caps, they look great.

#462 9 years ago

Under the apron is the first thing I clean with every game I buy....except a new one that is. I did the same as your doing under the apron when I bought mine but mine was MUCH worse.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

BOOM. Got it!!!!!!!
It was a bad transmitter. Be VERY careful how much faith you put in the idea of swapping transmitters...
I say that because I did it, and it was not until I introduced a completely new opto transmitter that I fixed the problem.
Video explaining things below. Pictures are from when the shop job was initially complete. I didn't want to share them until I figured out the problem. BOOM!
Once again, WeirPinball came in and saved the day. Thank you for your help, Scott!
» YouTube video

Cleaned_up_6.jpg 72 KB

Cleaned_up.jpg 99 KB

Cleaned_up_2.jpg 94 KB

Cleaned_up_4.jpg 80 KB

Cleaned_up_3.jpg 122 KB

Cleaned_up_5.jpg 73 KB

2 weeks later
#521 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

^^^ Huh...yeah, a servo would have been a lot easier. But the challenge is what drew me to the project. I'm in it to learn.
If I connect it under the playfield, I'll end up using 4 separate boards: 3 to intercept the lamp matrix wires on the three playfield tach lamp boards (even then, there are a couple lamps that will need to be desoldered and rerouted to a board), and another board for the micro and tach driver circuitry. Or maybe I can run my own little lamp matrix in parallel with the real lamp matrix and tap into it right off the board in the backbox. The latter would allow me to keep everything on one board. ...but I haven't thought much about how/if a parallel lamp matrix would work. It's definitely going to be a lot of work to integrate.
If I don't do anything to detect attract mode, the needle will probably peg because, if I remember right, all the tach lights flash during attract. I might be able to differentiate attract mode from gameplay by watching the lowest tach insert lamp. I think it flashes during attract, but is solid during gameplay.

WOW, you lost me.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I also want to light up the back corners, especially around the supercharger better but not sure how yet.

Did you see my topic, "DIY Getaway lighting mods". It might help.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Order leds from comet for the back board and some samples to test out on the playfield. I want to check out what some of the colors look like in the inserts and the difference between warm/natural whites. I also got some strips to copy what MustangPaul did and light up the gauges.
I fixed my broken flipper and put on superbands. Love them! They have the right amount of grip and bounce. So much easier to get accurate shots. I even blasted my high score tonight - got 787m. This time I got not one but two 100m super jackpots in redline mania. I swore it only gave out 50m before the few times I did it. My supercharger diverter seems to be malfunctioning more and more. It sticks open so that did help in getting my high score - got 235m in one supercharger mode. I also figured out that some of the rollover switches do not work 100%. That explains why the ramp does not lift out of the way sometimes and balls often get stuck under it. Even with the problems, I still love to play it. Sometimes I don't even let my kids play because one more game.

Sounds like your having fun and problems all at the same time but it's an old game and ya have to maintain them. As you saw I put a "few" led strips on mine but they are sooooo nice. I'm really glad Art came up with them. GREAT score too.

2 weeks later
#553 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think I solved my ball jam problem in the rpm orbit. It was very similar to the above thread. All I did was remove the screw holding the metal wall in the back under the supercharger. The ball must of been getting airborne and hitting that screw head. I've played many games and zero issues with balls getting jammed back there. It's so much more fun playing with all shots getting through the orbit.

Good to hear ya fixed it. Play on.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm the newest member of the club!!! I picked up my Getaway in Gatineau this weekend. It's sitting on my living room floor, just daring me to set it up. Can't wait to get it standing and fire up a game!

Congrats, fun game.

#562 9 years ago

How long did you have the game running for before it started getting goofy? Try playing it for the same time period with the light board of the backbox wide open to see if the heat in the bb is affecting the boards.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Problem: Ball sometimes gets trapped under the lift ramp during multiball. I read thru most of the threads on the lift ramp issues, but curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. When in multi-ball, sometimes one of the balls will get stuck under the lift ramp and will only get released when the games goes into ball search and lifts the ramp. This, of course, ruins multi-ball. Sometimes if more than one ball is still in play, I can knock it loose, but most of the time, the balls stays there until you drain and then goes into ball search looking for the one missing ball. My lift ramp works fine, raising and lowering completely and works fine otherwise during gameplay. The mechanism travels smoothly, up and down, so mechanically there is no binding.
Comments, thoughts, suggestions on what to look for?
Thanks..

I wonder if the speed of the ball has something to do with it? If it's a really fast ball the ramp might catch it. Just thinking out loud.

1 week later
#584 9 years ago

Yup better then the metal and a heck of a lot cheaper then the Donut House.

1 week later
#591 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

So about 3 months ago I sold my getaway... I missed it and made an offer to buy it back from the person I sold it to... this past weekend Getaway is back where it belongs ... so sad I didnt have it I had to go buy it back because it is such a great pin.

Hmmmm, a local guy wants mine and I've been thinking of selling.

2 weeks later
#640 9 years ago

How many games on that circuit with the heater? How many amp is the circuit? How many watts is the heater? Are the games all led'd? Do you have a Kill-a-Watt meter? It's not a good idea to have the heater on an extension cord. Lots of questions need to be answered first.

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I want in the club too! :0) picked this one up for $700 a couple weeks back. GI's weren't working, wouldn't boot up. It had the "check f114 f115 fuse" error. After a light cleaning, replacing burned connectors, socketing and replacing several ic chips and fuses, and a rather dumb switch error last night, I'm proud to say if it's up and running. The last issue I have is with the beacon motor. Pretty sure its toast.
As soon as i i finish shopping the ngs I'm in the middle of it will get a proper shop job.
Fun game. Better than i expected.

20141231_135735.jpg 208 KB

20141231_143837.jpg 184 KB

Crap $700....you got a DEAL.

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Im getting 16v ac to the motor in test mode. Not sure if that is in acceptable range or not but would think it would spin the motor.

Just have to take it apart.

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I've been working on my Getaway for the last month, and I'm down to the last friggin' switch! Come on Marco order, get here so I can put a bow on this and call it done! It's the switch for the up/down ramp.
CPR plastics came today, so I replaced the 2 plastics I need, and it look great! Some day I may decide to decal this thing, but not right now.
Pics to follow soon

Yes pictures please.

1 month later
#698 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I just put led into my getaway, and what I assume was just burned out bulbs in the jets is something different, the top 2 jets still don't light up. Wires don't look broken, what else might this be? Not really sure how to troubleshoot lights that are out.

IMG_20150222_210428577.jpg 248 KB

It could be that the contacts in the sockets are corroded too.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I made some progress on my Getaway tachometer mod. I finished the design of the circuit board and sent it out for fabrication. I also ordered over a thousand separate components (enough to make about 5 boards). Some pictures here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-series-designing-and-building-a-new-mod

I click on the link and nothing happens.

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I always thought it would be cool if the instruments on the speaker panel could be lighted with LEDs. Has that ever been done?

Yeah me too. I looked at it a couple of times and it would be a major pain to do and if ya messed up you'd be in real trouble.

2 weeks later
#763 9 years ago

That looks nice, I've seen blower scoops with a satin finish like that.

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Where to get the alternate translite? Cash waiting...
Ps. May I join?
IMG_4194 2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Only if you keep the original backglass on it. Just kidding.

#780 9 years ago

Hey guys, I have a vertical line out right in the middle of the dmd and it really bugs me. What are my replacement options? Thanks

#798 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My inspiration came from MustangPaul but I know others have done this. The lighting is pretty strong back there so thinking of a way to dial it down with a proper diffuser. Any ideas? I know it is hidden but still want it to look decent.

Go with a purple strip, try a 3 or 7 led strip. Or take the 7 you have and cut one or two off to make it a 6 or a 5 without the diffuser. If still to bright try the cut ones with the diffuser on. Mount the strip so it far to the left behind the Blower and the start of the strip is right next to the left ramp extending to the right. And don't forget to light the kick out hole from the underside.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I took 3 of the 12v strips and added them to the underside of the supercharger magnets,
each one is powered from the respective flasher in the supercharger!
really adds to the lights shows!

That sounds way cool, I'd like to see some video of that in action. Are they 3 different colors?

#802 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

kept them white.
I'm not into the colour leds.
Red could be cool tho!
I'll take a vid later for you.

Thanks.

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would like to light the tunnel saucer but not sure how. There is not much under there to mount or stick a light.

Get a socket, screw it under the pf and use a flex red or a double led flex. That's what I did.

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Yep this,
while your there drop the saucer down using 4 washers and say goodbye to any bounce outs!

and while we're talking about it take it out and clean it with soap and a tooth brush and check that the two little tits are on it.

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

MustangPaul - thanks for the suggestion (re: kick out hole) - didn't even think of that one and will have to add it.

Your welcome.

#812 9 years ago

Big thanks smiley, I love how you improved on the attachment on things, shows your thinking.

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice work, smiley. Man, that saucer does look good lit up. I need to do that. The other light mod this game could really use is spotlights for lighting the center of the playfield. Anyone do that?

Here some other things to do also, if you have the stock mountain plastic in back put a spot light pointing up to light it up, there's a hex post for the plastic under it right there to attach it to. Light the flipper buttons, put a 7 led strip in the center drain and the last 3 pictures are of a pinballbulbs double spot light with purple bulbs in them. They light up the pf better then the pictures and I think those 2 are the only ones needed but you may want more. You can brighten them up by using white instead of purple.

IMGA0848.JPGIMGA0848.JPG IMGA0849.JPGIMGA0849.JPG IMGA0846.JPGIMGA0846.JPG IMGA0847.JPGIMGA0847.JPG IMGA0843.JPGIMGA0843.JPG IMGA0844.JPGIMGA0844.JPG IMGA0845.JPGIMGA0845.JPG
#819 9 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

How long does the sticky hold up? Is it adequate for long term? Thanks.

It's REAL sticky, should last for MANY years.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hi guys, Im new to the club. Just picked up a Getaway on Monday. Needs just a little luv but will be rockin soon. Pics to follow. Question, Im going to be putting Britecaps on it and wonder if anyone had photos of there Getaway with them ? Im thinking either three red caps or red, yellow , and green. Any thoughts ?

Here are mine, Comet pop led rings, red tops red bottoms, blue top white bottom with jewel caps.

Pop cap 2.JPGPop cap 2.JPG
Pop cap 3.JPGPop cap 3.JPG
Pop cap 4.JPGPop cap 4.JPG

#829 9 years ago

They came on the game. Probably got them on ebay.

#831 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Not on ebay, I've seen them before on the thread where Doughslinger's was selling his MINT Getaway.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/HSII_Page.html

Ahhh thanks.

#834 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks great. I think im going to go with the three reds

I went with one blue to break up the red cuz there's so much of it back there. Ya get a little blue reflecting here and there.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

they look really cool but stupid expensive if you ask me.

Yes they are but they are the last ones you'll ever need to put on the game.

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

they are holding up well ?

Perfectly and they are cushioned to I think not just laminated photo paper. But ask them before you buy.

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

Are you using the alligator clips? Everytime I've tried using those I blow a fuse and to my knowledge I'm hooking them up right. I have the game turned off, I hook the clips to a GI socket soldered wire connection (making sure its not touching anything else). Turn game on, instant blown fuses. WTF.

I use the alligator clips and have never blown a fuse. Very strange. Try clipping them to a different socket.

1 week later
#849 9 years ago

Does the game play ok? Unless there's something wrong with the game I wouldn't worry about it.

#851 9 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Yes, it plays OK and it isn't a worry. Just thought I would see if anyone could identify it easily

That's good. When I get a new to me game I vacume the inside of the cab so that I know if a piece comes loose and falls in there I know it just came off the game, that tells me somethings wrong. All my cabs are spotless in the bottoms.

1 week later
#868 8 years ago

Did you cut it length wise? Did you have to remove the shaft from the housing or could it have been left in the housing and cut? This is a cool mod.

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

You don't have to remove it. It will take several cuts. Think of it like cutting meat away from a bone.

That's what I was hoping for, thanks.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I can tear mine apart and see if I can figure something out.

If anyone can figure it out you can. I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I searched ebay and didn't see one like Tbgolfens, they all looked bland to me but if you could rig one like his so it ran on 6.3v vs 6v battery, off the game that would be way cool. No batteries to drain.

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

You could mill a small channel on the underside of the shaft to run wires up.

That's exactly what I was thinking of but man what a pain.

1 week later
#883 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'm in the process of installing LED post lights that are intended to be ran on 12vdc. I was having difficulty finding a 12v source under the play field. I have them hooked up to a 6v GI circuit but for testing purposes because its too dim. Where can I get 12vdc under the play field?
Thanks

Any flasher, that's where mine on my Space Shuttle are hooked up to.

1 week later
#897 8 years ago

I've noticed that when the pops go off so does one of the Superchargers lights, then the other then the other. All 3 come one one at a time with pop hits.

#898 8 years ago

Here's something kind of neat. I just put on a red led strip on the inside of the metal ramp. It's tied into the supercharger right side flasher. The ball does not hit it as it flies around and doesn't mess up the electric eye either and it flashes with every pop hit. I couldn't get a picture of it flashing but it does look neat. You really can't see the strip unless your 6ft tall from the players position.

IMGA0904.JPGIMGA0904.JPG IMGA0903.JPGIMGA0903.JPG IMGA0905.JPGIMGA0905.JPG IMGA0906.JPGIMGA0906.JPG
#900 8 years ago

Sorry about that but I have no way of doin that. I'm a low tech kind of guy. I don't even have a smart phone.

#912 8 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Just got Getaway HSII. Very fun. Has anyone modified the track where the balls spin through the supercharger so it lights up when balls are in it? Playing in dim light can not see balls spining in there.
Thank You

That was me, post #898. I just put the same led strip on the 2 metal ramps on my Refinery Met Pro. Lit and unlit pictures on the Met club, post #3556 I also put them on all 3 ramps of T3, look for my topic in All Modding, "T3 ramp light up".

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Thank You for info. Was not in here when reading this week before going to get HSII. A few questions?
Where to get long red led strips? Do not see long ones at LED bulb vendors? What voltage? What to hook it up to so it comes on while balls are spinning? Thank You New to me.

Got them on ebay from China. I'll look up sellers name and get back to you. I soldered mine to the right most light on the Super Charger. Those 3 lights are 12v as is the led strip the led strips are cutable every 3 leds and will have to be cut to be made shorter.

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Thank You for info. Was not in here when reading this week before going to get HSII. A few questions?
Where to get long red led strips? Do not see long ones at LED bulb vendors? What voltage? What to hook it up to so it comes on while balls are spinning? Thank You New to me.

Here's the info, ebay seller "youcsee". Click to see his store, when that comes up search for the strips with the words "red 60cm 60 led". the ones you want are $5.79 for 2 strips with free shipping. These things are BRIGHT. The bottom strip is the one you want, notice the sized dif. and the dif. in number of leds per inch. I love these strips. If you want other colors try changing the color your looking for in place of the "red" in your search. 60cm is the length you want for this ramp.

IMGA0888.JPGIMGA0888.JPG
#926 8 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Thank You MustangPaul. Ordered a set.

Cool. I used a dab of super glue gel about every 2 inches to stick them on so it takes a while to put them on.

#944 8 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks biglaw and thank your friend for me.

#947 8 years ago

Dang biglaw your fast, I got mine today and it looks GREAT. Thanks.

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

I'll back MustangPaul on his comment! Just got mine yesterday here on the West Coast. Fast shipping and great looking sticker!! Thanks again Allen!!

and take a look how it was shipped....USPS.

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Thanks for the kind words. tried to send pms to those already shipped. MustangPaul brought it to my attention that they are correct in length but only 7/8 inch wide and should be 1inch wide. going to see if I can get that corrected. sorry I didn't catch this earlier. That being said I have about 20 of the 7/8 wide ones left. if anyone wants one of the narrow ones will give them 2 if they pay the 5.05 shipping in US.

Almost Allen, they are 11/16ths, 5/16ths to short. Thanks for being one of the good guys who stands behind what he sells.

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Hey..... sometimes we get things right.

You work for them? I've only had one problem and the insurance claim was settled fast and without a problem. Keep up the great job.

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'm a usps mechanic, downtown Chicago district.
Some of the stuff I see, I just scratch my head.

Cool. I can believe that.

1 month later
#995 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Anyone in on the new Playfield?

Nope mine is good.

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just getting in on this thread for the first time--I look forward to reading all the posts. Thanks to all contributors. These clubs are very helpful to me.
I just finished restoring my Getaway and I'll be routing it at a pizza shop across the street from my house, where I'm sure it will be very popular. I shopped completely, put on all new flipper assemblies, new rubbers, repro plastics from CPR, plastic protectors, cliffy protector, new translite, Cointaker LEDs, and the Donut Heaven mod from Mezel mods. Also redecaled the cabinet, touched up the PF, and installed the full playfield protector. Time will tell on the PF protector. I love its look but I found that I had to trim it and tape it down in a few spots to ensure that all switches worked--no big deal, but we'll see how it holds up over time.
A few pics.

new_assemblies.jpg decaled_backbox.jpg decaled_cabinet.jpg stripped_boards.jpg installed_cliffy.jpg installed_protector_with_film.jpg playfield.jpg

Super nice work.

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm 112% sure that anyone who says they doesn't is either lying, crazy, or somehow confusing it with some other game. This is definitely a top shelf pin, full of speed, lights, adrenaline, and awesome sauce.

But are you really...really...really...really...really sure.

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Help !
Has anyone completely taken the supercharger ramp with magnets and all that comes with it apart ? I am Learning the hard way not having taken enough Pictures when trying to put things back together.. All is taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. Now I look like a big question mark. Naive as I was I would think the manual would show all in detail and ordered it, but not I´m afraid.
Would be very happy if anyone could p.m me . Perhaps someone shot sequence Pictures of the disassemlby with which belonging screws to go where etc.etcc
Thanks in Advance
Matt in Sweden

Wish I could help but I've never had mine apart.

#1014 8 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I've made several mods but one of the best is installing a blue light (6 LED mini-strip) under the super charger pointing downwards, adding a cool 'glow-in-the-dark' feel to that back left 'tunnel'. Best $8 upgrade to this game IMO.

I know what your saying, I put a purple one above that back lane, lights up the lane and the back flip down ramp flap so you can see what's going on there. Lighting the Lambo sounds cool and I gotta get a color dmd for this game one of these days. I'm working on a light up mod for this game that will pretty cool, just waiting for more parts. It will be a DIY type mod that can be put on any game but I will post a how-to when it's ready.

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Ive siad it hear before but 3 of the 12v led strips.One stuck to the underside of each of the supercharger magnets.
Tie each one into the flasher in the supercharger makes for a crazy light show!

I put a red, green and blue there and really didn't see much of a difference but I also have Comet pop cap rings which are bright so maybe that's why. I put a red led strip along the top of the supercharger loop and tied it in to one of the tc lights, looks way cool.

#1018 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I recommend lighting up the gauges on the sling plastics with light strips. I got the idea from MustangPaul and it's a huge improvement to the look of the game.

Sure does, now if we could get the needles on the gauges to move with game play that would be WAY cool.

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Has anyone upgraded the speakers to pinball pros ? Big difference ? Im considering it but i upgraded my f14 tomcat and it wasnt much better although i know the sound card on F14 is very limited.

Put a car amp in it, for the bb speakers anyway.

#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I looked into getting one recently but after postage and exchange rate it was $620

I don't know how you guys can afford anything pin related down there.

#1032 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yup, with exchange and shipping it's a $600.00 dollar hit here also.

Can't a pinball friend on this side of the boarder buy it for you then you come "visit".

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You offering Mustang? Cold beer in the fridge and juicy Steaks on the Bbq.

I was thinking you'd come here or visit a friend in Buffalo.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:I have a cottage in Haliburton. Not far from the Muskokas. Maybe Fast in Muskoka and I can have you up for some good ole fashion Canadian Cottage partying !!!!

ahhh no thanks, I've heard what goes on at those "Canadian Cottage" parties so I think I'll pass.

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Can't handle the Canadian beer, Eh ?

No it's the "other" things that go on.

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Is it normal on this pin, that it gets dirty faster then normal?
One year or hard play has resulted in cracks on the new white rubber and microscopic metalparts on pf.
I am concerned about this metaldust on whole pf, could it be from the supercharger??

If you play it that hard it's normal and you'll have to clean it and change the rubbers alot more often then that, probably 3-4 times a year and every time you clean it change out the balls. You want to clean it more often so the dirt doesn't get ground in which sounds like is happening now.

#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Its not my game. Its a routed pin that gets played alot.
I know the owner, it had a ball stuck, after i opened the glass i noticed the metal dust, and dident close up again before good cleaning everywhere i could get in to.
Game was fully shopped a year ago and waxed.
I personaly LOVE getaway, bored when playing highspeed 1 but have a blast with hgh speed 2, love the callouts music and sc.
Lokking for a getaway in nice condition, any ody want too sell please pm me

I see, a routed pin. The operator has to do a better job then. I had 1 and 2 at the same time and 1 was just boaring compaired to 2 so it got sold.

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Here they are !
IMG_20150723_205606.jpg

Your gonna have fun. I really should do that to my BOP.

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Does anyone know if the originals are decals or screen printed ?

I can't tell. I'm leaning towards screened.

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Had my best game ever tonight and I haven't played it in a while:
L-2 all factory settings.
2015_07_27_20_36_15_ProShot.jpg

Got me beat by a good bit.

1 week later
#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sorry for the crap photos

What you talkin bout, these are great. Enjoy.

1 week later
#1065 8 years ago

Sounds like a good project for ya. We would be so ever grateful.

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Needs cleaning. Wax. Rubbber. Led. Pf protector and. And any cool ideas???
I have many pins. But LOVE getaway, wanna pimp it!!!!

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Nice looking game DEN, a lot of us here would kill for an unfaded game like yours. Check out my mods in my topic DIY Getaway Light Mods. I just made another mod too, look for the topic DIY Leg Light-up.

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Gawwwwdd have i got MORE to add MP

You should see it in person, switched to 12v it lights up the coin door really nice.

#1103 8 years ago

Do you guys use your knee or your hand to shift up? I use my knee.

#1105 8 years ago

OK one hand and one knee, it's a tie so far. Anyone else want to chime in on the little survey?

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Definitely hand, i like to keep my reflex's in top shape
Isn't knee "almost" cheating?

Not really ..... cuz when I'm drivin my Mustang I use my right knee to shift also.

#1122 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can do THIS...
-mof
201508-Get-engine-up1.jpg
201508-Get-engine-up2.jpg

That's one of the nice things about having an unfinished ceiling, all I do is drill a hole in a floor joist and run a wire through it.

#1133 8 years ago

WOW that's bad, is that a plastic sleeve in there.

#1135 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Lol no, just oily gunk. Plays snappy now that it's clean -- I had no idea it was supposed to only zip around 3x then shoot up the left ramp -- neat stuff!
-mof

So it's metal on metal? I'd put a light coat of white moly grease on it then.

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Just joined this club

Welcome to the club.

jawjaw, did you get a complete set for the game? What were the sizes and quanity of those sizes did you order. I'm sure others would like to know also. Thanks.

#1170 8 years ago
Quoted from stateworker37764:

I'd love to join if that's alright with everyone how to love your photographs of I get away it's great to see what everyone else is also done to theirs would really love to add the mountain mod if anyone knows where I might be able to obtain one

Sure you can join, one more is always welcome. The mountain is not made anymore so I don't think you'll find one. Also you can rotate your photos after you upload them with the rotate button.

#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Shopped my Getaway this weekend. Went with full Titan rubbers. Red for slings and flippers. Clear for everything else. Looks pretty good. I also converted my GI from red/green to white. I didn't like how the colored GI washed out some of the playfield art. Not sure I like the all white, though. It's definitely bright enough - Comet 2 smd bulbs and op-max in slings. Maybe too bright. Kinda plain with everything a bright white. With the colored GI, you really noticed the flashers going off but not so much now. I'll give it some time but might switch back.

DSC_7864.jpg DSC_7868.jpg

I have the all white GI and like it. I like seeing all the natural colors of the pf and plastics. Yours looks great.

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Den.
It might be a while before I can play it. All of the rubbers are so dry-rotted, they're just crumbling into dust.
It's next of my shop job list.

Welcome to the club but I've never see all of them crumble, that's gonna be a mess. Better get the shop vac out. I've got some mods on the club pages somewhere, just look for my club posts.

#1222 8 years ago

Welcome to the club. Good choice for a first pin. Question....what are the 2 white decals and other stuff on the front of the cab? Could you post a better picture of the front?

#1235 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Great idea! Know of a source?
image.jpg

Yeah that's the big question. That's a game specific part I'll bet.

#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I just started my shob job on my Getaway.
I noticed the cover plate over the shooter lane is just painted black.
Has anyone created a decal for this?
IMO, anything would look better than just the black paint.

What's a "shob" job? Sorry just had to do it. No one that I've seen has made a decal.

#1255 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

MustangPaul,
I really appreciate all of the input you've done on this post.
I plan on installing all of the lighting mods you've done on Getaway.

Well thank you sir, Getaway is gonna get my red leg light-ups. I'm just glad I don't have 37 games like you do to mod.

#1257 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Silly question - the supercharger plastic is missing the bayonets. Are these GI bulbs or flashers? I can't find anything in the manual describing them. Also - I try putting normal lamp sockets in there and they don't fit right. Assuming these are wider flashers, where can I find proper sockets for these?

They are flashers, not sure about the sockets, did ya try Marco.

#1259 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Thanks! Terry's my go to guy, will try him first.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=300 These look like they may work

Yup Terry is good and his shipping is cheaper. I don't think those will work they are sub miniture, you need the 906 socket I believe. Ask Terry.

#1277 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

When you said mountain mod, I thought it would be over the tunnel shot - like the prototype mountain. Looks out of place there.

Yeah that's what I thought to. Doesn't look good.

#1281 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also - might be a dumb question but how are the LED light strips applied? Seems like you can just attach them to certain areas but I'm sure they need to be wired up as well.

Go to cometpinball.com and get the 6.3v strips, they come with 3 different connectors and are peel and stick.

#1284 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've been busy shopping my Getaway since picking it up on 9/3.
As usual, with most of my shop jobs, I tend to go a little over-board.
I've spent the last 3 days, (19 hours total) measuring/designing/machining my playfield plastic protector set for Getaway. 12 pieces in all.
DSC_1776.jpg
DSC_1778.jpg
PROTECTOR_2.jpg
DSC_1779.jpg

WOW!!! and it looks you have the means to do a top job on them too. Are they laser cut?

#1287 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a BIG advantage over most pinball people...
I have my own cnc machine shop....LOL

Yup that's a BIG help.

#1292 8 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

http://www.pinballcards.com
These are awesome, getaway has been added recently! Pls donate to keep them coming!
Cheers

and do you know what makes the cards even better? Making them bigger and mounting them on that magnetic material. I did a few games like that, Getaway included and what's really great about them besides the size is because there magnetic they never fall off the apron.

#1294 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone ever changed the colors on the Supercharger flasher domes? Was thinking about red, yellow, green, but that might not look right.

Not me, I like-um red.

#1298 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

After working on my turbo ramp for almost 14 hours, it's almost ready to be re-installed. All opto switches have been replaced. 2 of the 3 steel ramp sections are new. New ramp plap installed. Steel ramp components have all been re-grained and polished.
I've installed my plastic protectors on the ramp sign plastics, (both pieces). I wound up installing 1/8 inch spacers in place of the 1/4 inch spacers on the sign assembly. Using the 1/4 inch spacers, along with my protectors, the 2 lamps were set too far back. I didn't like the looks of it. Using 1/8 spacers brought the lamps forward a bit, which looked a lot better IMO.

DSC_1783.jpg

Dang...nice job, it looks new.

#1300 8 years ago

Cool. The red ramp led strip make the racetrack light up way cool along with the red domes on the charger. I think it gives the impression that as the ball is going around it's going soooo fast that the metal starts to heat and glow red. My leg light-up are gonna look cool on the game too. I gots a good imagination. There's a new mod that will be coming from a well known Pinsider that I'm testing that's really neat and should be out in a few weeks that would look great on Getaway. I'll post more when I'm allowed.

#1304 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't see the post on the red LED strip. Is that the one with the long strip mounted inside the turbo ramp?

Yup.

#1305 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't see the post on the red LED strip. Is that the one with the long strip mounted inside the turbo ramp?
I'm going to light the ramp entry w/ a blue LED strip like you did. Also plan on mounting 1 or 2 &LED strips on top of the backboard to light the back of the PF, under the turbo ramp. Plan on adding LED strips to the tachometers on top of the slings. Plan on mounting a spot light, (shining up) below the mountain plastic on the turbo ramp. Doing a full LED install, (flashers too). I've already machined my PF plastic protector set.

Your game is gonna be a killer, don't forget the leg light-ups.

#1310 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Where did you find the thin width LED strip?

I got them on ebay from China. Search for "1210, 12v 30cm red led strip. They also come in 60 and 90cm lengths. Look for the 2 leds strips, they are cheaper in 2's. If you want different colors just substitute whatever color you want for red. They look like the bottom strip in the picture and they can be cut every 3 leds.

IMGA0740.jpgIMGA0740.jpg

#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

Just picked up a Getaway over the weekend. Must say it's a damn fun game! I have quite a clean example of one but just noticed something on mine. I know mine is a first run but I seem to be missing the "RPM" decals but still have all the black key lines in tact.
Correct me if I am wrong but the RPM graphic would be silkscreened and the black key lines put over the top? I am guessing this was a factory mistake,and it does not bother me. Just want to know if anyone has more info.

20150921_203116.jpg 20150921_203122.jpg

Nice to see you in the club, I've never seen one like that. Is it a Diamond Plate pf?

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Hey everyone, just got a Getaway! Super stoked as it's my favorite machine. My friends are already coming over to play it and everyone loves it.
Now, there are a couple issues. The multiball or ball lock area where with the metal piece that covers on the right sometimes jams. It will release one ball but not the second. I then have to manually open the glass and push the stuck ball through. Any idea how to fix this?
Also, how do I remove the factory high scores? Basically, I want the machine to only show the high scores that my friends and I hit. I got 53 million or so but it still is not good enough to get in the top 4 scores the machine shows.
Any help is appreciated. I'm a major n00b to this so be gentle.
Also, any suggested mods? I plan on doing the colordmd ASAP.

12009658_877097539052269_818019899655948-1.jpg

Welcome to the club, for mods, I have done some as well as others and posted here so just read all 27 pages in the club. I know it's alot to sift through but there's so much good info there that your bound to use sooner or later.

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a slight variation to what MustangPaul did to his Getaway. He used polished stainless steel. I went with 1/8 thick, 1 inch wide mirrored acrylic strips to reflect more light onto the playfield.
Some before/after pics...

DSC_1784.jpg DSC_1785.jpg DSC_1786.jpg DSC_1787.jpg

That looks slick, the "mini mirrors" that's what I like to call them really make a diff. for lighting the plastics. Nicely done.

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My Getaway is coming back together. Unlike my usual shop jobs...I'm adding a TON of additional lighting. I've added LED light strips under the gauges on both slingshots. I added a LED strip to the out hole, lighting up the area between the flippers. I added a light strip under the "Drive 65" plastic and a spot light in the same area, shining towards the supercharger ramp. I also add a purple LED strip in the rear playfield area, (that area is normally very dark). I also lit up the red saucer kick-out plate. These are SOME of the lights I've added...2 more to go. I have to stop for now...ran out of heat-shrink tubing....doh!

Dsc_1807.jpg DSC_1808.jpg DSC_1809.jpg DSC_1810.jpg DSC_1811.jpg DSC_1812.jpg

Man that's look great. You gonna light the flipper buttons?

#1362 8 years ago

Oh also are you gonna replace any of the bulbs under the long plastics with 7 led strips? I found they light up the entire plastic so I didn't have the spotty light effect under them.

#1364 8 years ago

Yeah the white strips are popular. I went to order some Ice blue and they were out of frosted so ordered clear instead. I'll see if I like um.

#1368 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

My first thought is you maybe overloading your GI circuits with all the added LED strips?

Not at all, with the entire game led'd that saves about 60% in power right there so adding a bunch of strips won't push it past what a stock set up with incandescents would run.

#1375 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Has anyone ever tried some modified model train scenery? I might go check out my local hobby store.

It better be REALLY small trees.

#1401 8 years ago

I put a strip in the supercharger loop and hooked it up to the right one of the 3 flashers. The whole trough lights up red as the ball runs around. In the last picture the strip on the bottom is the one I used. Because it's so narrow it won't interfere with the ball. It gives the illusion the trough is turning red hot from the ball going around so fast....well that's what I tell myself any way.

IMGA0903.jpgIMGA0903.jpg

IMGA0905.jpgIMGA0905.jpg

IMGA0906.jpgIMGA0906.jpg

IMGA0904.jpgIMGA0904.jpg

IMGA0888.jpgIMGA0888.jpg

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Paul, that's sounds cool, would like to see video!

It really does look cool but I have no way to put vid up, I'm to low tech.

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I thought about doing the same thing on my pin MustangPaul.
With all of the additional lighting I'm adding...I think I'll already have to wear sunglasses when I play...LOL
I appreciate all of the previous posts you've contributed to this thread...it's what's given me my ideas on the additional lighting...though some of my add-ons are slight variations from you had done.
I'll post pics of mine, once the machine is fully reassembled.
Another question....
I recently purchased the mountain mod for this pin...great addition, IMO.
Has anyone done any additional painting to their mountain plastic? I'm looking for ideas on how to make it look a little better than the stock paint job that is on there now.

Thanks a lot Indy, I just come up with the way I do them and I know others will probably do them differently. The led strip on the SC trough is indirect light so it's nice and soft, easy on the eyes.
Your not done with light mods my friend, now ya gotta do the outside of the game with my DIY leg light-ups.

#1412 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Where did you get your LED strips MustangPaul?

On ebay, search for 1210 led strip, 30, 60 or 90cm length and whatever color you want. Just make sure you look and find a picture of their strip that matches the strip in my picture. Prices on these are all over the map so look for the best deal, they are from China with free shipping. They are cutable every 3 leds.

#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Paul is the led mod guru . He loves them and always coming up with new ideas.

Thanks....I think. I'm not done, I'm gonna mod my mod, my DIY leg light-up mod. I haven't done my leg light-up for Getaway yet cuz I'm waiting for more red strips but I've got purple ones so I going to do them for my BoP.

#1417 8 years ago

Here's my BoP with purple cab protectors but I tried something new, I ran the led strips pointed at the chrome leg to get a reflected light all the way down the back of the inside of the legs. It even lights up the bl carpet. I'm gonna do that with Getaway when the strips come in.

IMGA0179.jpgIMGA0179.jpg

IMGA0186.jpgIMGA0186.jpg
IMGA0187.jpgIMGA0187.jpg

IMGA0184.jpgIMGA0184.jpg
IMGA0188.jpgIMGA0188.jpg

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a really nice mod I've come up with on my Getaway.
I really didn't like how the stoplight housing lit up when each of the lamps are lit.
I designed/machined some light barriers for the outside walls of the stoplight housing.
No more glowing stoplight housing !!!
I made these using 2mm black ABS sheet, (one side has a texture). These slide right in, and stay in place when assembled. No need for adhesives.
As you can see in the pic, I also installed the colored flex LEDs from comet. I wanted to put the light source a little closer to the stoplight inserts.
The last few pics were taken w/o flash to show there's no light seepage.

DSC_1960.jpg DSC_1961.jpg DSC_1962.jpg DSC_1964.jpg DSC_1965.jpg DSC_1966.jpg DSC_1967.jpg

Hey Indy, if ya make more I'll take one too.

#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Chet...
I'm going to give this a week or so to gauge interest.
The padded mailers alone will cost me approximately $40 per 100
I just want make sure there is enough interest before placing that order.

Are they more expensive at Staples? Try Walfart.

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I buy my packaging supplies from uline.
They're probably about as cheap as anyone...It's just that I have to pay for shipping to have the envelopes shipped to me.

That's what I thought, better check ebay. What size are they?

#1463 8 years ago

I just found 50, 4x8" bubble padded mailers for $6.34 with free shipping on ebay. So if you bought 100 it would be $12.68 and free shipping. Your getting taken if you buy from uline and you could drop the price a buck or two.

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Let's go with a $11 price...shipped, continental US

How about $5.

#1480 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Here's a video of the light bar running:
» YouTube video

CRAP... now THAT'S intense.

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

MustangPaul, I really like all the LED mods you've done. I'm not capable of doing much in the wiring department. I might just buy the Cointaker kit. Is their non-ghosting premium kit the best one to get? I'd love to do that supercharger red led strip you did, and the red leg light up too. Maybe I could convince you to come over and at least get me started on mine? I've got plenty of beer in the fridge.

Hi Bob, were you a St Paul cop? I got a better idea, why don't you come over to my place and you can see how the leg lights look in real life and you can see how they are made. You may get some other ideas too. Are you free anytime this weekend? Oh and don't forget the beer. PM me.

#1484 8 years ago

Cool a St Paul cop, I have a BIG surprise for you then....don't worry it's a good one. John does all the stuff I can't handle, he's good. I live by Dale and Wheelock.

#1486 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Cool. I hope I didn't tag you. I worked that area. Buddy of my son lives right there on the south side of the park, Cottage?

We have LOTS to talk about. So bring LOTS of beer.

#1490 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Oh oh, I better bring friends (back-up)?

Sure, bring some other pinball people.

#1504 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

A few more...

DSC_2000.jpg DSC_2001.jpg DSC_2002.jpg DSC_2003.jpg

That looks purdy. Now ya gotta spiff up the lock bar receiver and pf hangers.

#1519 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is the proper way to screw in the siren cover? I don't see *any* screw holes in the wood. Can someone snap a pic or two to show?
thanks,
mof

It's held in place with 2 metal tabs and screws 180 degrees from each other. Just go to the hardware store and get a couple.

1 week later
#1546 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I have no experience with led flashers but.....
Afaik there is always voltages at the flasher sockets.
This voltage is not enough to light a incandescent lamp.
But it is enough to light an led.
So put the old lamps back in and see what happens.

Yup could be the warming resistors.

#1551 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

This is driving me nuts. As I've gotten better at playing the pin I can get three balls into donut heaven to start multi-ball consistently each game. The problem is the third ball never gets released staying on the second hook/sensor. So the machine keeps going and I have to remove the glass and manually push it out as it just stays there for some reason. This picture should help illustrate what I mean:
multiball.jpg
It only happens in the multi-ball and any other time there are balls locked the game releases them after the final ball drains without issue. What could be causing this only during multi-ball?
It's no longer fun to play when every time I get the donut heaven multi-ball I have to remove the glass to push the ball out otherwise the machine just sits there going through the solenoids trying to dislodge a ball.
How do I fix this?

The weight of the three balls is what lets the first 2 balls get released so when it comes time to release the 3rd one there's not enough weight to push it past the switch. What's the pitch of the game? All this is just a guess.

#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

Does anyone have a source for new speaker grills with the W's on them for Getaway. Or good ideas on reproducing it.
Thanks Arnie

Check out post # 623 of the Space Station Club thread, toyotaboy did that.

#1573 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I don't know why you're disregarding the warming resister idea.
2/3 transistor s failing at once is unlikely.

Yeah, that's what was causing my Space Shuttle flashers to stay on.

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

$44 USD for the part
$44 for shipping
yikes!
-mof
I wonder if there's a US vendor with one?

But that's a very cheap price for the part though. I bought a new one for my BoP for $79 and the shipping was $14 and that was a US company. So $88 shipped is about the going rate.

#1603 8 years ago

I've always wanted to light up the gauges on that speaker plastic. I wonder if the printing on it is transparent enough to let light through.

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

You have to peel the black sticky tape off back of the original the one from Germany won't work. The silk screen one will.I am doing that to mine working on a template for the speaker panel now

That's good to know about the Germany one. Please post how your doing it, it should be pretty easy if you know how to use a router. I hope the sticky tape comes off clean. Led strips from Comet should make it pretty easy to light them up too.

1 week later
#1612 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

As of this evening I am no longer a club member

Aw man.......sorry to see ya go. Have fun with whatever you replace it with.

#1615 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Likely not replacing it in a hurry. Ive sold off a few games recently unfortunately.
Tommy, HS2, I500, AC/DC prem.
purged a few, trying to consider what is sticking around long term. Was actually surprised to see getaway go. But it isnt far, so Im alright with it.

I see, I'm at 15 and for my size space I could loose one or two and would be more comfortable.

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Well, if you ever want to unload RCT, we can talk

I've thought about it but I don't ship.

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That may pose a problem. Lol

Yup and you live in Canada so the cost of the game is high also.

3 weeks later
#1641 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not really a fan of the Donut Heaven mod but I like the look of this decal; does anyone know where to get this decal?

donut_heaven_cropped.jpg

Now I'd buy that. Where did ya find that picture? The owner of the picture would be a good lead I would think. If you find out who sells it let us know.

#1643 8 years ago

Oh wait, from the Drive 185 plastic I think the owner is the guy that made that totally custom Getaway.

#1645 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

All of the repro PF plastics kits from CPR have that plastic.

Well back to the drawing board.

#1650 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Added some of the Titan Comp silicone rings and Comet's Matrix LEDs... I switched out the Star posts with colored ones and made the slings flash blue.

Lower_PF.jpg Upper_PF.jpg Getaway_LED.jpg

Nice.....now ya gotta get a couple of Comet 3 led 6.3v white strips for under the 2 gauges on top of the slings. You'll be amazed how they make the pf pop.

#1653 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you. I saw that mod, was that on your machine? It looked really nice

Could be, was it me that posted it? I did it first then others did it. I wanted it light the gauge more fully so I cut down a 7 to a 4 led.

#1654 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you tie the led strips in the slings under the gauges? Would like to see how that looks is it somewhere in this thread already? Thanks.

You just position it and stick it down on the sling plastic so it shines up. Go to page 8, post # 351. Some of my other mods are on page 8 also, post # 395 and 399.

2 weeks later
#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Shhhh, keep that for mod on the DL to keep it extra special.

#1660 8 years ago
Quoted from bumpnthump05:

I'm actually the new owner of arcade's getaway and I found the problem. The blu/orng wire going from the triac board is supposed to be plugged into j123 and why it wasn't working is because it was plugged onto j130. It's good as new now!

Just crazy how some people screw up games. Glad you got it straight.

#1661 8 years ago

Here is a picture of mine I got a couple weeks ago completely led with a mountain mod that I just added. I plan on doing mezelmods donut heaven and led strobes, comet 3 led's under gauges, and Lee's parts ramp leds. I would like to figure out how to light up that hair pin in the rear left of the play field it is way too dark. I've seen somebody's mod on here but they never elaborated on how they did it.

20151222_212616_(resized).jpg20151216_214914_(resized).jpg

#1665 8 years ago

Arcade is a pinball pro friend of mine but he didn't mess it up, it was the previous owner that both me and him were trying to fix. There has been all sorts of weird hardware that replaced so many screws for some reason on this thing.

Your having fun then right.

#1669 8 years ago

Oh yeah... loads!!

20151223_011859_(resized).jpg

Whatever they had lying around.

#1686 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What pop bumper caps did you use on your HS2? I installed these on mine.

IMG_2708_(resized).JPG

I have the jewel caps on mine too but with Comet ring leds.

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm tempted to add an led strip under the super charger...

Put a purple strip over the lane behind the CS, works great to light it up back there.

#1693 8 years ago

A Pinsider about 10 or so pages ago. Can't remember his name.

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Agreed
I can understand perhaps not sharing if it's a particular mod someones made (for any machine) from their own design and one they don't wish to make for others or for the general pinball market let's say but something like MustangPaul's creative use of LED lighting, etc, well, that's kinda open for interpretation and really anyone could use LED's in that way if so desired. It's sure not stepping on anyone's creative toes so to speak. I felt the same about sharing the "flamed" supercharger cover, it wasn't my initial idea either, it was "borrowed" from another pinsider who had his done with a Carbon effect and i just ran with the idea but put my own spin on it If anyone wishes to copy that they are welcome to it and i don't think it devalues anyone's machines by adding the same mods that others have. Pinside has been a wealth of ideas, shared knowledge and inspiration to me

I've always shared my mod ideas cuz I think they improve the look of the game and many I have posted I've posted as DIY. Some have contacted me about my leg light-ups and asked if they are for sale so I'm looking into it, they don't want to be bothered trying to make it because it can be frustrating to make something custom.

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Question on those Evo Brite caps, they provide light underneath on the playfield as well as top lighting? Same color on both sides? Looks nice!

I think they are color top white bottom, they are nice but they raise the pop cap up a few mm so they aren't good if height clearance of the cap is a problem. I had them on 2 of my pops of my JM but it wouldn't fit on the 3rd one for that reason....if I remember right.

#1702 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've sure nicked a few of ya ideas MP

Yeah for sure.....maybe I should start charging a design fee for my ideas.

#1707 8 years ago

No it's mounted on the pf backboard and hangs over the pf behind the sc. Just tap into any gi bulb in the area.

#1709 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Now i get. thanks! I have a purple comet strip looking for a home. This looks like a good fit for it. that back left corner is dark on Getaway for sure

I can't find the picture of mine but I went to the hardware store and picked up a metal T corner bracket that one side was as long as the strip and cut the other piece of it so it hung over the pf just right right, drilled a hole in the metal and screwed it to the top of the wood back board. Worked like a champ for about a buck.

#1713 8 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I have also joined the club. I have installed comet pinball leds in the playfield and backbox. I have also installed spotlights on the slingshots, they really brighten up the middle of the playfield, so I can play it without ambient lighting in the room. It's a simple, but effective mod, that I strongly recommend installing. I'll post some pictures soon.

Welcome to the Club, Pinballbulbs double spots are even better, I have 3 of them on mine and a Comet 6.3v purple 7 led strip in the center drain.

#1717 8 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

The double spots from pinball bulbs is what I got. I put 1 on each sling, where did you put the 3rd spotlight? Above the middle flipper?
I am considering adding led strips, but I'm looking at getting an ocd board...

You only have one spot on each sling. Oups, I only have one double above the middle flipper. I have a white 7 led strip cut to 4 under each gauge plastic. I have Comet white Crystal Fan bulbs in my double.

3 weeks later
#1746 8 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

still restoring getaway. keep adding mods. just about got this one done. gauges in speaker panel lit.

IMAG0152_getaway_panel_(resized).jpgIMAG0153_getaway_panel_1_(resized).jpgIMAG0154_getaway_panel_2_(resized).jpg

Nice, I was wondering when someone was going to do this. I hope those bad boys don't melt your plastic. Do you have them running on lower voltage?

#1748 8 years ago

Yeah the slings do light up nice and now you have all the gauges lit which is way cool. Did you try running them at 7v yet?

#1750 8 years ago

From 12v to 9v there's not a lot of brightness diff. but down to 7 you will see a big diff. They will probably look good with 7v.....and you won't melt your plastic either. The bulbs aren't up against the plastic are they?

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Very nice! The only thing better would be real gauges but thats crazy talk, right.

Ah yes it is crazy, they don't make um that small. But one can dream.

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

How about a 3d printer to make the bezel and a led from the backside of the speaker panel.

Sorry I can't visiualize it.

1 week later
#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Could Hooked's tachometer mod be used in a High Speed or Getaway?

image_(resized).png

No it can't, the electronics are to different.

1 week later
#1794 8 years ago

I love all my mods! I hope to one day colordmd it, but ive got the donut heaven mod, top strobes, and mountain mod.

10283_564511160362955_4282898982435370789_n_(resized).jpg

Check out my mods on pg 7 & 8 for some more ideas.

#1799 8 years ago

Well this is what I did for my Batman Forever to solve that problem. This way the many 12v mods don't tax the game power system.

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0322[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0322[1]_(resized).JPG

#1801 8 years ago

You can get the 12v power adapter on ebay, mine is variable cuz that's what I had laying around. The mods you buy need to have a 3 pin Molex female adapter put on and you'll have to put one on the power adapter so it plugs into the distribution board. A mod that uses 12v will have the wires on the 2 outside pins and a 5v mod will need 1 inner pin and 1 outer pin. Can't remember just now which outer pin.

#1805 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

But the accessory outlet is powered even when the game is OFF, right? Probably don't want your speaker lights lit up all the time.

Well of course but I have all my games on GOOD surge suppressors (doesn't everybody) so with a flick of a switch ALL power is turned on and off and when games aren't used for an extended period of time I even unplug the suppressors. I've got to much money tied up in these toys to take ANY chances.

#1806 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks guys. I'll look into it. This is my first WPC game.
You guys have any thoughts on all red or red yellow green led pops?
Here's a picture of the one I'm getting:

image_(resized).jpeg

I have 2 reds/white bottoms and 1 blue with white bottom and a red led strip in the metal trough tied to the left of the 3 blower lights.

IMGA0904[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0904[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0396[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0396[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0397[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0397[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#1827 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dispatch, Car 264 (my actual car number) is officially in the club!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Finally. Now play the heck out of it.

#1834 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I just bought a set of new cabinet decals for my new Getaway. I plan on getting a full set of polished chrome trim as well. How long is it safe to leave the decals in the container they come shipped in? Should I take them out and press/lay them on a flat surface?

image_(resized).png

Nice. They will make your game look new.

#1863 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thank you so much for the photos. I should be home in a few hours as well.
The gear shift was included in the sale from the previous owner. I'll ask the seller where he got it from.
Taking the original knob off was a pain in the butt. It's going to look so good when it gets put on in a few hours. Excited!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Yeah I like that.

#1865 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh yea, I'm digging the red posts and clear rubbers:

Looks great. Ya know your gonna have to get my Leg Light-Ups for this game too.

#1875 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks again,
I'm placing a large order. So many of the bolts on the cabinet are discolored, chipped or rusted. Since I'm doing new decals and chrome, I might as well get all new bolts especially for the front area like the four around the gear shift assembly. Care to steer me towards which bolts I'll need ?
I think the new decal set comes with the decal for the gear shift assembly which is good cuz mines in rough shape.
I mean it's a 25 year old game. It's probably changed half a dozen owners easy. Considering all that, it's in great shape. Now I'm going to do my best to bring it back to its former glory.

You can get those bolts at any hardware store take on in and get the same ones but then you'll have to paint them. I just used a wire wheel on my bench grinder and they cleaned right up and I just painted them. Saved some money that way.

#1876 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Did the new shifter you put on come with a new shaft or just the knob? I'm thinking of doing that but the chrome on the shaft of my original shifter is all corroded.

Just the knob I'm sure.

#1891 8 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gentlemen, new club member as of yesterday here. what's the top 3 or 5 things you guys do to these things? i was thinking speakers, since the sound is pretty crappy. does a kit make a big difference?

Welcome. A powered sub woofer makes a BIG difference.

#1893 8 years ago

Oups...yeah external. Just alligator clip wires to the cab speaker.

As far as other mods just run through all the thread pages and stop at the pictures and you'll get a very good idea of what members are putting on as far as mods. I know I have posted a few. I know my red Leg Light-Up would look nice on the game.

#1895 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm so deep down the shop job hole. This is uncharted territory for me. I'm having everything here chromed by Mike Chestnut. I just hope I can put it all back once it's ready. Playfield is cleaned and about to get waxed:

Oh man I hope you took LOTS of detailed pictures.

#1897 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha no pictures. I love puzzles and a good challenge.
Kidding

#1899 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not chroming the stoplight??

Be nice now. He's having fun.

#1904 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks!!!! Topic added. My playfield has only a few issues and none that really warrant a full playfield replacement. I've been thinking about buying a new playfield and was offered $900 for his. I'm surprised the OCD/perfectionist isn't doing a full playfield swap but I don't think I need to. Years from now maybe.

WOW!!! $900...I'd do it then get the new one cleared by Kruzman.

#1932 8 years ago

Yeah these international orders can sometimes take forever, probably just sitting at customs waiting for someone to clear it.

#1944 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh yea I'm digging it

Lookin gooood dude.

#1949 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I can't decide on what color rubber to use: red, black or hell maybe translucent?

Red, easier to see what the ball is doing.

#1973 8 years ago

Ya know what's cool, that German parts seller (can't remember the name right now) has clear colored plastic pop bumper bodies. I've never heard of anyone putting them on a game. I wonder how they look.

#1975 8 years ago

DANG, I just can't think of the name of that German company.

#1976 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I looked for some. If you find them, post the link Paul

I found it, www.pinball.center.com Look under Pop bumper bodies. They look waaaaaay cool, I'm gonna be getting them for my BOP rebuild, can't make up my mind on color though.

#1985 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Got it James. Looks great. Was thinking about trying to paint it in my patrol car colors. Once I get the super charger back from Mike, I'll mount the car.

Oh man. Lots of good stuff. I can't decide on colored or transparent bodies and skirts. And oh wow they have gold bodies and skirts that might look awesome on my brassed Elvis. Ok I have a shopping cart all ready and let's see the damage and oh sweet baby Jesus $39 euros for shipping!?!?!?

image_(resized).png

You'll be the first I've seen with colored bodies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
920 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.