• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6394 6 years ago

Picked up Getaway a few weeks ago. Fun game but was getting frustrated as it was extremely difficult to make lock shots from both upper and lower right flippers. Rebuilt the flippers and WOW what a difference! The olds ones didn't look that worn but the difference is amazing. Much easier to make the lock shots now and the flow is just amazing. Helped me solidify my decision to go all in with ColorDMD and PinSound.

1 week later
#6470 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, thinking about my next original PinSound orchestration. Personally, my favorite band of all time is U2 so I was considering doing an all U2 music orchestration. Just so happens my favorite U2 album "Achtung Baby" was released on '91 (year before Getaway), so much of my selection would come from this album (but not limited to it).
Anyway, there's plenty of music to choose from, and I think many songs work really well. Granted, ZZ Top had the whole roadster-in-every-video thing going which plays to the driving theme of Getaway, but still think other music would work.
Thoughts? Just want to see if I would be doing this for myself or if others would enjoy/appreciate it also.

Sounds cool! I've been trying to think of other songs that fit the theme and the only one that keep popping into my mind is Golden Earring's "Radar Love" from the 70s.

#6510 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished and in process of uploading my latest PinSound orchestration for the Getaway to PinSound Community.
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

Awesome job @mr_tantrum! Just played a couple more games and love the sound package. It would have taken me forever to get the new voice callouts cut up and ready so I'm thrilled you got them incorporated so quickly. Two things I learned from this: 1) Where are a lot of the callouts in the game? - for instance, I seem to never hear the "Get in, hold on, and shut up" lines while playing. 2) Getting voice actors to vocalize lines as you picture them in your mind is a lot harder to do than I expected.

PinSound is finding itself entering the same category as ColorDMD... once you try it you never go back.

4 months later
#7112 6 years ago

I added a Pinduino controlled RGB strip to the SuperCharger ramp. Right now I have it programmed to be off during normal game play but then have a fast red chase effect that follows the ball as it whips around. Pretty impressed with it. I'll take a video when I have a chance. The attached picture is just during attract mode which has the strip fading through colors.

IMG_9404.JPGIMG_9404.JPG

#7116 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If it's anything like the Party Zone one you posted it will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!

Just saw that Party Zone video- that was lyonsden himself. Looks awesome! For Getaway I currently just have a single LED strip hooked up for the supercharger ramp so less effects. My real job is seriously impacting my pinball lifestyle right now so it'll be the end of the week before I'm back to take a video.

#7147 6 years ago

I got a rough video of my Pinduino controlled supercharger ramp LEDs uploaded:

The ramp lights are still in attract mode when the game first starts. Watch for the shot up the supercharger ramp for the red "chase" effect.

#7149 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Damn! That's looking sweet, well I'd be interested in knowing if you can control the lighting effects and color combos but there goes more money...!

Thanks! RGB LED strips are infinitely controllable with a Pinduino- color, effect, which LEDs on the strip to turn on, intensity, speed for effects, etc. The red chase effect I’m using is just the tip of the iceberg; check out the Pinduino thread for some videos of much cooler effects on other games.

Pinduino intercepts your flasher signals so you can trigger any effect off of a specific flasher.

2 months later
#7558 6 years ago

I'm running into a strange issue with a friend's Getaway at TPF- Some of the orbit switches are causing opto 1 to activate. Specifically the bottom three switches in column 1 of the switch matrix- "Right Freeway Top", "Right Freeway Bottom", and "Left Freeway Top". I haven't found any obvious shorts or diode issues under the playfield. Anyone else run into this before?

#7573 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm running into a strange issue with a friend's Getaway at TPF- Some of the orbit switches are causing opto 1 to activate. Specifically the bottom three switches in column 1 of the switch matrix- "Right Freeway Top", "Right Freeway Bottom", and "Left Freeway Top". I haven't found any obvious shorts or diode issues under the playfield. Anyone else run into this before?

Turns out the cause was simply a bad transmitter on opto 1 in the supercharger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Mike_M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.