• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KSUWildcatFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10760 3 years ago

I'm joining the club very soon (hopefully, anyway.. I agreed to a trade) and just figured I'd see what kind of opinions there would be on how to best hide this? I was thinking maybe a slightly oversized barcode, laminated, to cover the majority of it at least? Really it is what it is, but I'd prefer to hide it as best I can. Can't wait to officially be in the club!

received_332377854857971 (resized).jpegreceived_332377854857971 (resized).jpegreceived_340209383762888 (resized).jpegreceived_340209383762888 (resized).jpeg
#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First thought is "What the heck?!" Personally, I would design some sort of vinyl graphic (you mentioned barcode, but maybe something else). Overlay that with a clear gloss vinyl layer for durability and you're good to go.
I'd probably also ditch what appears to be a very poor attempt at DIY mirror blades. Looks like chrome vinyl stuck on top of a giant orange peel.

Hahahaha yeah I was thinking along those lines for sure. Nothing I do will ever undo the sheer "WTF?!" that was done to it but if I can make that spot look nicer I will. And I'll definitely be changing a few things on this when I get it home. I hadn't even noticed the sides to be honest, that's pretty amusing.

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hard to tell from your pics, but overall it looks pretty nice.
Whenever you're ready to mod it out hit me up: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/pinball

Yeah, looks pretty decent from what I can tell. Fingers crossed that the trade goes through as planned and that by next weekend I have this sitting next to my high speed. I'll check out the list of mods, thanks for the link!

#10767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I see a credit dot on the DMD. Be sure to figure out the cause of that before you finalize your transaction.

Good catch, I'll reach out. I know on my friend's, it was throwing errors because no balls had been locked in forever and his hideout switch needed resoldered. It complained loudly on boot, but I never even checked for the dot--i assume it was there.

I'm not afraid of a little repair work as needed but I'm definitely not looking for some kind of project.

Quoted from nutty:

I would take a high res picture of the damaged area and get someone who is good with Photoshop to print a cleaned up vinyl from the picture to overlay. I have done this on several damaged areas on Funhouse which has single balloons everywhere on the playfield I just had vinyl's made from pictures of the same balloons and stuck them over the damaged areas you cannot tell the difference.

Good suggestion. I'll have to see what I can line up

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I get the dot cause I never shift down , merp

Lol!

He said the top lock was showing error, but also mentioned the rare ball search while he's trying to hit targets (hitting posts instead) so.... I'm gonna guess it's probably not a big deal, could certainly be from no one locking a ball for a bit..

I can fix anything minor, that's no big deal. I had to fix a disconnected hideout switch and research that same top lock on my friend's when I fixed it up a few weeks ago, easy peasy. I'm trading a demo man + $100 for it so I feel pretty good about it even if it does have a few small things to address. Just don't want nightmarish projects obviously.

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Test the supercharger for sure.

Absolutely!

#10774 3 years ago

No errors before we moved it, diverter error now? Diverter works fine. Supercharger works when it's supposed to.

IMG_20200929_194834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200929_194834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200929_195522 (resized).jpgIMG_20200929_195522 (resized).jpg
#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

If that traslite destruction occurred on the move the divertor might not be only only thing that suffered... A few people have this without experiencing any actual problem.

Just a reflection on the translite lol, no damage!

I can't figure out why the error is coming up for the life of me. Everything seems fine.

#10778 3 years ago

I ended up pulling the batteries and setting it back up again. Immediately gave a shifter error after I set the date, but once I played a game that too was gone. No errors now...?

//Edit

Nevermind, it's back already. Bleh.

#10781 3 years ago

Seems every time the ramp raises/lowers it throws an error. When the supercharger activates it clears. No idea.

#10782 3 years ago

Almost ready to get it into the row..

IMG_20201003_153225 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_153225 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_172804 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_172804 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_180440 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_180440 (resized).jpgIMG_20201002_135753 (resized).jpgIMG_20201002_135753 (resized).jpg
#10784 3 years ago

Basement stairs from hell.

#10785 3 years ago

That was touch and go for a bit. She's up and running again though.

IMG_20201003_211946 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_211946 (resized).jpg
#10787 3 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

You have a High Speed too, my first favourite pinball in the 80`s. I bought the Getaway 2 by mistake thought is was the original however never going to sell. Im always on the lookout for the first edition in the UK.

I hardtopped my high speed. By far the most aggressive pinball project I've taken on. It's awesome (IMO) in the way it made it play but it needs some additional adjustments.

I think the two look awesome next to each other.. But I have to say, HS2 feels like a way better game. Both are great though!

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm not sure which is worse: having games in the basement like you, or having games on the second floor like me. I guess it depends on if you are adding to or taking away from the collection more often (i.e. I've found that going down the stairs is much easier than going up them).

Huh? How does this happen?

I don't own HS, but have played it several times. The Getaway is definitely an evolved version of the theme, and the supercharger takes it over the top.
BTW, all High Speed and Getaway owners need to get rid of the checkered flag flipper toppers. This is not a racing/speedway themed pin! Sure it is car themed (not a race car, mind you), but you are on highways running away from the police that are chasing you, and not doing a set number of loops around a track racing against other cars.
I offer 2 options for flipper toppers to go with the themes:
Getaway: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74086
Getaway/High Speed: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/94888

Stairs suck, but if I had a straight shot it wouldn't be so bad. It's that damn hard 90 turn at the bottom with a too-small landing that makes it a nightmare.

I'm not terribly in love with the checkered nonsense so that'll definitely be going at some point. I already trashed the..errr.."custom" gameblades, about as quickly as I could.

I don't like the green pop caps but I didn't have a full set of new red caps OR three red 555 bulbs, and it looked much more..... orange. I'll probably buy another set of faceted Data East caps in red/green/yellow along with color-matching Evo BriteCaps. Or maybe I'll steal them from my Taxi and do something different there, idk. I'm not really planning on doing a whole lot of customizing with Getaway, at least right now. Other than powdercoating rails/lockbar/legs and possibly Cliffys at some point, I just plan on playing it and hopefully eventually clearing off the stupid diverter error.

Not sure if High Speed is a forever keeper now that I have Getaway, either. It seems kind of redundant given the similar layouts. But for right now, it's not going anywhere. They do look awesome next to each other.

IMG_20201004_094639 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_094639 (resized).jpg
#10795 3 years ago

Swapped the green caps to my taxi for now. As much as I love the BriteCaps, I don't like the fact that the bottom LED array is cool white. It doesn't look good set against my otherwise warm white Taxi, IMO.

Sadly it appears I got a bum red BriteCap also, because I can't get it to respond intermittently in the middle. It's either solid on or solid off. So I set all three to full-time on.

Sucks also that PBL, the only place who sells BriteCaps, doesn't have any more of the yellow faceted lenses. Tons of other places do, but they don't have the BriteCaps.. And I hate making a bunch of orders to multiple places.. lol. First world problems.

IMG_20201004_125504 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125504 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125520 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125520 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125528 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125528 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125551_3 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125551_3 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125334 (resized).jpgIMG_20201004_125334 (resized).jpg
#10797 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You know you can control the intensity on the white light on the underside of the brightcaps, right? Might just be the photo, but looks like you have them full blast (maybe that's what you like). Also, are you sure that the underside light on the red is not just turned off?
In both cases, I had to order my brightcap LEDs from a different supplier than my caps.

Top and bottom intensity are controlled with one pot, so in order to get much on the bottom the top has to be pretty bright, at least from my experience. The bottom array works on all of these, it's just that I can't get the intermittent center light (triggered by impact) to work on this one BriteCap. The others, as well as all others I've owned, all worked fine on that function. Just got a dud, it happens. My phone takes crappy pictures and always struggles to make these look good. They look great in person.

I'd kill for independent top/bottom as well as options for the bottom array (warm/cool/sunlight would be sufficient) but I don't expect that to ever become available. I don't think there's enough demand to support such options. But I put these in almost everything I can (World Cup Soccer, Black Knight 2000, High Speed, Getaway, Taxi, Terminator 2, F-14, eventually Space Shuttle) -- I'm doing my part to increase demand! Lol

#10801 3 years ago

Yeah they're technically DE caps. Standard on almost all of their games. But they fit Williams just fine.

#10802 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You're right. I forgot that the one POT controls the outer LEDs (top & bottom), and the other controls the center LED sensitivity. I usually set mine at about half brightness, and I do always color match to my caps which I have found looks best.
I have these installed on my Getaway and red ones on my AFMr LE - I really like how they look and react.

Yep, and that react function is busted on my red one so I either have them all set to react and just accept that red never does it or leave react off on all and have centers on always. I think it's a bit overkill having the centers on full-time but I haven't ordered replacements yet. I was really hoping PBL would restock the yellow caps again after I bought their last two. Alas, it doesn't seem they're coming back. Not that they're not available through many other shops...

I love those bulbs. They're such a nice mod on just about anything early-80s and newer.

1 month later
#10843 3 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but what's buggy with Getaway? I'm using rev P-C 3/24/92 (I think? I'm very green on this stuff) if it matters.

20201118_142209 (resized).jpg20201118_142209 (resized).jpg
#10846 3 years ago

???

20201119_091600 (resized).jpg20201119_091600 (resized).jpg
#10848 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You are running OLD prototype ROMs

Yeesh.

#10850 3 years ago

I haven't identified anything that 'appears' off (aside from the fact that the diverter seems to throw an error every time it lowers the ramp to lock balls and then clears it when I hit the supercharger, and I'm assuming this is a hardware issue I just haven't yet addressed) but admittedly I'm still very green to this game in general since I've only had it a couple months. I'm sure there are things I just don't know any better to question about how this software is running.

1 month later
#10900 3 years ago

I'm finally gonna put something in other than the proto rom (P-C) in mine, I think. I have no idea if it's causing any issues or not (As i mentioned before the only issue I know of is with the diverter and it seems to throw the error when it lowers the ball lock ramp / clears it when I hit the supercharger). But I suck at this game so...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KSUWildcatFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=KSUWildcatFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.