• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4846 7 years ago

I plan on picking up a HS2 soon, and man I wish the mountain mod was still available. I've been in love with that thing ever since I first saw it a few years back. I'm not much into mods but donut heaven and the mountain mod is a must for me on this game. How come nobody has remade it yet? The demand is certainly there!

#4867 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We have been working on this for the last couple on months. Its almost ready for its reveal.

So happy to see this, and perfect timing too! Guess I'll be putting in an order in the very near future!

1 month later
#5633 7 years ago

Hey Tmezel any updates on the mountain mod? My Getaway arrives soon! I'm excited to put in an order with you guys!

2 years later
#10326 4 years ago

Does anyone offer the pin for the lift ramp? I ordered one from marco but its only like an inch long and doesn't work well. I had to stack washers behind it to get it functional and its still kinda wonky. I've seen pictures of a longer version and thats really what I need. Also if anyone has a spare for sale I'd be interested in it!

edit-solved

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Part number and/or pic would be helpful.

Actually I figured it out. On marco's website this is what they list: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4268 but it is too short to work properly as I described above.

Actual part you need is this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4590

At least in theory. Just ordered one and I hope it works

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10373 4 years ago

Theres no such thing as an alternate translight that doesn't look ugly and gaudy as hell for getaway

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I strongly disagree.
[quoted image]
Seriously, here is my custom backglass (not a translite). Can you see the differences (there are 3 main ones)?
[quoted image]

Close enough to stock where its fine lol. Subtle changes in good taste are one thing.

The CPR backglass is obviously fine too.

Its all the hideous photoshop art ones that look like garbage. Especially ones that don't even have the proper car on it. Just because theres a couple hot chicks slapped on it doesn't make it cool either, in fact thats super cringey, and believe me, I'm no prude. It just doesn't match the look of the game at all.

Quoted from EStroh:

Thanks for your unilateral proclamation. You've now inspired me to put the whole machine back to it's stock condition... Maybe I'll get to work this weekend on my others as well. Does anyone want a boat load of mods and ton of white LED's from any of my pins?

Bro I don't care if your game has a double headed catapillar that comes out and slaps you across the face when you lose the ball. Its your game and you can can make it look however cool or dumb you want.

8 months later
#10851 3 years ago

Any mod black friday sales coming up? I really want to add a color2dmd and/or donut heaven into mine to complete the look!

2 months later
#10941 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I will, now that i know what it is. i will also use it to practice colorization. just read how to make a dump and dumping as we speak.
edit: managed the dump. zppied the textfile as gzip then imported.
edit2: managed to color the "freeplay-DOT"-scene, copying design from the credits scene. now to bed. there is more to come.
edit 3: as of now i have accomplished the following:
bugs discovered:
- ingame: mulitball-intro: cop driveby scene doesnt trigger reliably
- ingame: "hitchhiker at sign"-scene wont trigger reliably
- attract: "williams-logo pixel-in"-scene is white
fixes:
- score colormask triggered also for "free play with DOT"-games
- attract result score triggered for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Grand Champion"-Scene triggered
- re-worked"shift to launch" and "shift to adv gears"-scenes for reliable triggering
- "Push Start"-scene fixed for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Push Start"-scene doesnt reset color mask after highscores for "free play with DOT"-games
- "say no to drugs"-animation restored to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)
- change "game over"-screen back to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)

If you get the video mode colored you will be a true hero. Its a daunting task but as a guy with a pin2dmd on his getaway I hope you do! I appreciate all the little fixes as well. The milenko coloring is great, but definitely still needs tweaking.

#10978 3 years ago

Don't get the non ghosting bulbs just get the non ghosting rom. I run it and it works great. The only problem is you have to go underground to get it because PPS gets mad if people try to sell them. They promised their own non ghosting rom patch years ago, but big shocker it has never showed up.

1 week later
#11025 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

pallettes. My structure-OCD required the color pallettes to be mathematically consistent. Considering the now possible 16x4 colors I

Quoted from Kobaja:

Small update here reagarding the colorization.
- I have finished renaming all assetts (scenes and triggers) in the project file according game structure, i.e. "mbl_awd_l1_talk" is the hitchhiker talking, which is shwon as a confirmation that the 1st ball has been locked. There were lots of assetts, but they are all in order now.
- File was converted to 64 colors, which will allow for much nicer text animations.
- I have created a large excel file that lists all the assetts and noted what colors are dictated by the game according to insert color etc. each asset has a unique set of colors associated with it. i.e. the multiball is a police chase, so MB scenes will be containing blue red white. bonus inserts are green, so anything related to the bonus multipliers will be using green. etc.
Currently I am working on the color pallettes. My structure-OCD required the color pallettes to be mathematically consistent. Considering the now possible 16x4 colors I am drafting a master color table to make sure all reds used in the game are coming from the same tone.
next steps will be to then build something like storyboard with the colors from the new pallettes and see what it looks like.
im having fun doing this and im learning a lot about RGB / hex translations and the mathematical relationships between colors in the hexadecimal system. obviuously im a nerd, but this is a really cool project.
sneak peak attached.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm REALLY excited to see where you take this. The Milenko colorization is good, but theres certainly plenty of room for improvement. If we ever get to the point where the pin2dmd outdoes the colordmd version (which in theory is quite possible) then that will be a huge achievement.

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I need some creative input rom you guys. As you know I am working on exploiting the potential of 64 colors on the colorization for HS2. I am not racing, but taking my time in seting up the frame.
Please tell me which color gradient works best on TEXT (not numbers) with the theme, considering that we dont want to overload with details. After all it is just a font. Areas with same style are circled in blue. Just FYI this screen will not be all red. I'm just using it to test out fint styles because there is so much text
[quoted image][quoted image]
I do have an opinion, but will not share atm to no bias everyone. Pls note the "yellowish" feel is only my smartphon camera shifting colors. It is all the exact same shade of red in different intensities.

You are welcome!
And this is what the color mask (!!!) for the Williams screen will look like. That is decision at this point.
[quoted image]

The first one. LOOP

1 week later
#11058 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

So heres the reworked attract mode. The video gives you an idea - the real thing is a bit better. All letters have the "curved" effect utilizing 4 shades of the color. The globe has a 3d sphere effect and the arm is 4 colors rather than three. All colors are consistent according to the palettes defined and kept in line with the games colors. Grand Champion / Loop Champion and Ace drivers headlines are a goldtype glitter color.
The foundation by malenko and slippifishi is amazing, and a great base for learning. slippifishi has written walls of text to explaining things and its been really cool up to now. Next I'll do the ball launch, -save and -drain sequences. etcetc...

That looks really really good! I love how you put the ZZ top logo in there and the extra color on the arm makes a huge difference! I personally like the gold. What was it before? Green? Red? Either way the gold looks better IMO. Keep up the amazing work

1 week later
#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

this is what i purchased with 2x new coils
https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021992-to-041993/
hopefully, i dont need other parts ?

You'll need another half a kit so you can do the 3rd flipper.

#11082 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

the upper flipper is great, i will leave as it is for now.
thx

Its just weird that you'd replace coils you don't need to replace, but you're not going to rebuild all 3 flippers at the same time.

Edit- You really should should get new bushings as well

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Didn’t think about it since he looked more strong than the bottoms one, i will do it.
This? 3x time?
https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williams-bally-nylon-flipper-bushing/

Yep, 3 of those.

Top flipper might be strong, but I like to know every flipper has all brand new parts in it when I get a new game. I can't tell you how many times I thought a flipper was fine and went to rebuild it and found some sort of hack job, or the sleeve was really worn because some operator (or joker) just replaced the plunger and link last time, ect. Even if it is in great shape, the peace of mind knowing everything is nice and fresh is worth it.

#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Here's yesterday evening's final result (original / 16 color / 64 color). Coloring comes out really well also on the real machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looks so good!!

1 week later
#11112 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I just installed a pinduino, BUT not with the lightstrip which is sold with it. It is too wide and does not provide sufficient clearance. I stead I ordered a slm one to give more space.
It is WS2812B, 60 LED/m, 5V, 3 pad, 4mm
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000982748876.html
Works VERY well. I recommend to get this in stead. See the photo for why.
[quoted image]

Great tip. I put the pinduino supercharger lights in and had a hell of a time getting the lights positioned so they weren't sticking way up out of the charger but could still clear the ball. I've never been completely satisfied with the final result (the mod itself is awesome though!). Thanks for sharing!!

#11118 3 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

This is the Rev counter in the Speakers, the rotation is wrong but this was just a test.

Got some new PCBs for the speakers with proper rotation for the LEDs.
The 3 extra LEDs are the shift gear.[quoted image]

bro that is sick

#11122 3 years ago

Gotta find a little mini supercharger to stick on the back now!

#11131 3 years ago

most of the cop cars in the game look like a Chevy Craprice not the crown vic

#11133 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Both cars are similar. Personally, I don't think the art is necessarily designed after a specific model, but more of a generic police car of the time.

They are similar, as they were direct competitors with each other. The cars are generic but I think its pretty clear they are meant to be Caprices. That said, I don't think a crown vic looks super out of place in there. Most non car nerds are definitely not going to know the difference. I'm probably just way too picky about that kind of stuff personally, plus the art on the PF vs the backglass vs the DMD is all so different anyway

#11135 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also on the plastics and supercharger decal. It's like 5 different cars.

lol stop, its going to drive me crazy! At least its not a 2014 Ferrari in rural Kansas like that horrendous alternate translite (see post #2)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.