• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grangeomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10816 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So... When there is only one ball left to put in the launch lane.... sometimes It will eject the ball and it will bounce right back into the hole. I have to shake the machine exactly right to get it to sit in the launch lane to shoot out.
It ruins multiball when it happens. It ruins the game if you have 2 locked and it won't eject correctly bc it releases your balls.
Any suggestions?

I had this problem with mine. I just had to bend the little metal flap down a bit on the exit of the trough. Changed the trajectory and kept the balls from bouncing right back in.

Good luck,
Jeff

3 months later
#10964 3 years ago

How about the non-ghosting software patch?

#10970 3 years ago

Not sure if this has the actual patch that I got years ago, but the read looks familiar.
Have a read and see if it’s got a link to the batch file in it,

https://emmytech.com/arcade/led_ghost_busting/

2 months later
#11320 2 years ago

Hey, where's the best place to get that key for the start button? I've looked around, but none look as cool as in the pics above.

Thanks,
Jeff

#11325 2 years ago

How did I not see that? Thanks. I'll put it on my list.

5 months later
#11573 2 years ago

^^^agree with this. That glass is dying, but not dead, I think.
If it was dead, it would be blank, not gibberish. That looks like is dying (half out) AND getting bad data somehow (gibberish)

1 month later
#11664 2 years ago

Mine has the same problem, but for now, I just live with it. I’ve replaced the sleeve and all that, but it still misses about 10% of the time.
One suggestion I was going to look into was that maybe the coil stop is magnetized and can make it sluggish, but I don’t currently have the gumption to take the supercharger apart again. Maybe you do...

Jeff

1 month later
#11825 2 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that the extra ball percentage is variable, so basically, once you GET an extra ball, you become less likely to see one in video mode.
Last time I pulled my batteries and started over, I saw some extra balls for a time, but now, almost never.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Jeff

1 month later
#11947 2 years ago

Here's a guide someone else did about removing the supercharger. It has helped me in the past:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-supercharger-removal-tutorial#post-6204761

Jeff

2 weeks later
#11999 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm a tall guy, and have to tell myself "pull it towards your face" when I'm pulling the playfied to go all the way up.

Jeff

1 month later
#12079 2 years ago

Personally, I'm a fan of the updated ZZTop official music, but prefer to use the original voice callouts on my machine. I'm using a Tilt Audio board that is working pretty well, and I plan to just leave it that way, at least for a while.

Jeff

2 weeks later
#12119 1 year ago

I've got a color LED from them on my Getaway. I bought that because it was cheaper and looked more like the standard DMD format. I'm a fan, and I guess that's all they have right now anyway.
I'd vote that you would be happy with the LED version from them if you were to go with it. It's a little cheaper, and doesn't have any of the other settings, and it installs much easier.

That's what I've got on it at the moment...

Jeff

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#12163 1 year ago

Another idea would be to simply change the LEDs to all white, rather than all those colors. That will generally be a little brighter, and will also keep the current and heat down overall, with about the same amount of work.

Warm white would be pretty close to the stock light color, but personally, I kinda prefer their sunlight, but that’d be up to you.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs

Just an idea.

Jeff

#12164 1 year ago

There’s also this “retro” LED that is designed to simulate an incandescent bulb more accurately, as a suggestion:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/retro-smd-bullet-bulbs

Jeff

11 months later
#13071 10 months ago

I’ve gone through a couple with the doughnut unit. First one was just fine. Second one had the wires in the way like you mentioned. I had to remove the parts on the right and unsolder a couple wires the re connect them so it would work.
It’s not too bad if you’re experienced for that stuff. Might be a bit of a PITA if not experienced.
But it’ll turn out looking MINT when done.

Jeff

3 months later
#13215 7 months ago

Ideas:
- make sure it’s hitting the center of the ball
- make sure the coil is mounted tight
- make sure the tip of the hitter isn’t worn out and needs to be replaced

That’s where I’d start, at least

Jeff

1 month later
#13392 5 months ago

Sometimes they just aren’t set up right.
Make sure they are in the middle of the balls when they are coming down, otherwise they can let them all out.
If that doesn’t make it better, that’s when you may need 3 new balls.

Jeff

#13397 5 months ago

This was from years ago when I set mine up, but if I moved it a little left or right, it didn’t work right. It would let multiple balls through.
When I shifted it right in the center, it started working perfect, and I haven’t had to readjust it at all since then.
Hope that helps a little bit.

Jeff

#13401 5 months ago

If I recall correctly, if I moved the path NEXT TO, not right in the middle, it would start acting funny. When I made sure it was the center of the chute, it went back to releasing balls correctly. So maybe you just need to rearrange some stuff to have it set up correctly.

Good luck!
Jeff

#13408 5 months ago

Those wires need to be repathed, which means you’ll have to unsolder them in one way, then reroute them and resolder them another way. I did it on my buddies, but I don’t really have it in my head right now.

Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grangeomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Grangeomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.