• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EStroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9342 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Comet Pinball https://www.cometpinball.com for their great customer service. I know there are other good LED suppliers, but IMO Comet is the best. Not only do they have great products, but their support is exemplary. Having been in service oriented industries for most of my career, my perspective in business is that things will go wrong. What differentiates the bad from the good and the good from the great, is how they treat their customers and how they address issues when they arise. Comet has always communicated well, takes a customer focused approach to business, and continues to offer great and innovative products.
Comet is and will continue to be my sole source for all things pinball lighting, and I encourage everyone who can use their products to give them a try.

Not to mention that Comet has a wide selection of LED's you won't find anywhere else. I swear by their twin SMDs, and their Matrix light strips are invaluable if you are going for some dynamic lighting.

#9371 4 years ago

Who says Christmas only comes once a year?!

Thank you Mr_Tantrum!!!

IMG_3825 (resized).jpgIMG_3825 (resized).jpg
#9409 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

damn, what did that cost ya for the lot?

Dealing with Chris (Mr_Tantrum) was one of my best experiences in the hobby. He was VERY responsive, offered a lot of options, and had everything fabricated and shipped within a couple days - even though I let him know I wasn't in a rush. I think I had everything installed about a week after I placed my order. I couldn't be happier!
IMG_3831 (resized).jpgIMG_3831 (resized).jpg

IMG_3834 (resized).jpgIMG_3834 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9452 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Most alternate translites are pretty meh... It seems that most of them are just scantily clad photos of women.
I personally love the Getaway translite, so would never think of changing it, but everything else is open to modding.

I'm not a fan of the "cartoon" looking translites (especially my Whirlwind). So just for kicks I made my own for HS2. Not everyone's taste, I know.

IMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#9535 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum

From an earlier post, I thought you were a John Wick fan. Seems like a logical orchestration theme for HS2.

Here's a medley to get you thinking about it:

1 month later
#9626 4 years ago

Upper Left Flipper?

#9654 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

More work than I expected (when isn't it), but here's the fruit of my efforts on the LED shifter.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just installed mine. Installation was a breeze.

The shifter comes with 7 lighting "modes". I pulled the green LED's out of mine so now I have the option of red, blue, red and blue, or red-blue flashing. Pressing the center of the shifter (between the 6 allen heads) changes the mode.

THANK YOU Mr_Tantrum!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a3ba (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a3ba (resized).jpg
#9656 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It was all you, my friend. I just supplied the 3D printed parts, but you came up with the best way to power it and did all of the assembly. Great job, and I really like how it came out.
BTW, did you just desolder the greens? Also, I assume the lights just go dark when you switch to what was previously the green mode?

Yes, I just desoldered the green LED's - so now any time the green would have lit up it is now dark. I was going to jump the green circuit to the red so that I was getting 2x red and 1x blue during the flashing sequence, but I kind of like the way it looks at this point. Also, I think I'll usually just light it up red, so again, I decided not to worry about jumping the green/red circuits.

3 weeks later
#9810 4 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

I was playing my getaway today, and this part dropped onto the play field. Right in front of the rear ramp. I can not work out where it goes ? can anyone please let me know ?[quoted image]

That's a piece of the turbo encabulator. It's similar to to an actual automotive component, explained here:

2 months later
#9990 4 years ago

For those of you with Pinsound on your HS2:
I created 5 sound packages, two of which are posted for download here:
https://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/wpc-alpha-dmd/getaway/

For both:
I loaded 15 different lambo "drive by" sounds to the inlanes (because I really didn't like the beeping "car horn" sound)
I changed the "shift gears" tone to the sound of a lambo's engine winding up - needing to be shifted. The vocal cue "Shift Gears" is still present.
I filtered the police radio voices in Mr_Tantrums custom callout files so that they sound more like they are coming through a police radio (in by opinion). This was done with permission from Mr_Tantrum.
I changed the after-ball bonus multiplier sounds to different lambo engine sounds.

Music for "Outrun" is all new. Call it "up tempo" or "club" or "house" I suppose. I'm not wild about having lyrics in the music, so this fits my requirement. You won't recognize any of the music.

Music for "Speed" is also all backing tracks, except for ball capture (which is Yellow's "OH YEAH"). The rest is Billy Idol, Steve Stevens (from the movie "Speed"), Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Cheap Trick (Top Gun end credits), and even the Blue Man Group. The main theme is made up of multiple versions of "Don't Need a Gun" (but no lyrics). If you're not familiar with the song, listen to it here:

If the music does't strike you, feel free to grab all the Lamborghini "drive by" sound files.

A HUGE thank you to Mr_Tantrum for posting the instructions on how to do this, and for all the PM's and emails that he's responded to along the way. It's like I have an all-new game!

1 month later
#10148 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Update - I copied a zipped file to a different USB, which was old and full of other files, and it loaded on the machine without problem.
The USB I was using just yesterday will not work when doing the same thing. I must have corrupted the USB somehow.

I'm using 6 sound packages on my Pinsound + board - Five I made and one of Mr_Tantrum's mixes ("John Wick" - which rocks). All are working well

First, reformat your flash drive as Mr_Tantrum mentioned (FAT32)
Second, you will need to put an "audio" folder and the config.pinsound file on the root.
Just start with one sound mix for now. I always use uncompressed WAV files. Put it in the audio folder.
Put the USB into the game. Start it up.
You should hear "loading sound files, please wait". This may take a half hour.
You should be good at this point.

To load more sound packages, just put them in the "audio" folder and repeat the process.

Switching sound packages on the Pinsound plus board while playing is a little different than Mr-Tantrum's Pinsound 1 board. To change sound packages you will need to turn the volume to zero twice. There is a little finesse with this, but you will get the hang of the timing of it. You will hear the "jingle" when the sound package changes.

1 week later
#10228 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, since Pinballjah reminded me, I decided to start on my Getaway disco music orchestration today. While I'm a child of the 80's, I do occasionally indulge in 70's disco music, and after listening and downloading tracks all morning I think this will make for an enjoyable mix.
In the process, I needed to cleanup my runsheet format to account for the new PinSound numbering system, so here is a sample including three of my orchestration that some may find useful as a model (PM me if you want the Excel file). This is just the contents of the MUSIC folder, but I could easily make an Excel file that includes all sound files if anyone would find that helpful.[quoted image]

I created this one to help me after a lot of trial and error. Mr_Tantrum, I used yours as a starting point but colored coded mine (first column) Black cells are ones that I don't think ever play. The ones with similar text color are ones that I am using the same song (first column).

I just added the second column prior to making this post. I tried to reflect my experience as to which ones play often or seldom, which ones are "versions" or "intros" of another, and which ones will only play for 20 seconds or so and will require cropping just the "good part" of a song.

I used this to make 5 orchestrations now (although I've only posted 2). Maybe someone will find it useful as well?

Orchestrations (resized).jpgOrchestrations (resized).jpg
#10230 4 years ago

Good point, I don't have the attract sound enabled so that could explain one of those.

BTW, I used your psrec files to determine the "black" cells. Obviously those songs might make it into game play at some point, but just not on those particular files. For some instances I use 3-5 different starting positions of some of the song and put them in a single folder so I don't always hear the same part of a song over and over given the same stage of play. "after_videomode" is one of those folders where I'd like to hear a different starting position of the main theme. Same with the inlane "klaxon" sfx sound - I have 15 different sounds in that one folder alone. Works for me I guess.

And thanks again for the big head start on working with the PinSound system. I would't have attempted it without your instruction. Your shaker programming is also spot-on!

Next up: My T2!

#10233 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I hadn’t planned to put a shaker in my pinsound order. Can you put into words how the Getaway gameplay experience is enhanced? My TNG has a pinbits shaker tied to the enterprise shields flashers and I admit it’s pretty cool.

Tying the shaker to flashlamps only is nice, but if you're already putting in a PinSound board you really should consider their shaker. The shaker can be programmed to respond to much more than when the flashers are activated. It can respond to almost any trigger - all the way down to when a target, slingshot, rollover, etc is tripped. If you're going to put a shaker in your HS2 and are getting PinSound, you don't even have to do the programming - Mr_Tantrum has already done that, and when your shaker arrives it will already be "ready" for your Getaway!

#10237 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Get out the Windex and dust off those mirrored balls you have in the basement, as I've just finished all of the music for my new Getaway PinSound disco mix. I still need to actually test it with a few games, and I'm also considering adding in some of the spblat sound updates. Not sure if I can get everything done today or not, but the orchestration will definitely drop some time this week.
Here's a preview of my runsheet, assuming nothing changes after I test. My favorite track is the confidence booster you get when you set a high score - You Sexy Thing![quoted image]

LMK if "Upside Down" or "More More More" plays on your pin. I don't think those two will come up on mine

#10241 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Here is my orchestration data for AC/DC after much trial and error. I agree with Estroh on the songs that never play. I have never heard Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution play on my machine and I put it in all the files that I thought never played to test that theory.
A big thanks to Tantrum for getting me started on this.[quoted image]

Interesting that you and I both seemed to find the same 11 songs that never seem to play. One of us could have saved some serious time figuring that out.
Also interesting that your folder numbers (prior to the folder name) don't match what I have. I similarly compared mine to both Mr_Tantrum's "000012" old numbering system as well as the folder number system that was resident on the original orchestration. Just curious - where did you come up with those folder numbers? I used Mr_Tantrum's John Wick folder numbers as a template (for example, I have 2425679781 for "ball in shooter lane").

#10242 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, I searched through my old orchestrations and never saw any of those calls referenced, but felt like I needed to have a placeholder there.

I put songs in those 11 folders to as a placeholder as well. I just use songs that I'm already using somewhere else so I don't spend more time editing songs in audacity that I know will (probably) never play.

#10244 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, here is what occurred. When the PinSound convention changed, I had Nicolas convert an orchestration for me since I was doing a new one. Then I later noticed when all my stuff was converted and reposted on the PinSound forum site that there were two different folder naming schemes. Since I was doing shaker development, I wanted to push my shakerization to all my orchestrations just by copying over the config file. What I discovered is that config files are not compatible for the same game if the orchestrations use different numbering schemes (i.e. none of my shaker actions worked). So, I then manually converted all of the orchestration I have over to the numbering system so that my shaker program worked on all of them. I've never re-posted them to the download site, so those still contain some of each.
I don't quite understand things, but I think that somehow if someone downloads a routine and has the PinSound uncompress it then the firmware applies the shaker routine to it. Nicolas is pretty protective of his methodology, so I don't nag him to explain it all to me.

I get that. I'm counting at least 4 different folder numbering systems. Using "Ball in shooter lane" as an example I see:
2425679781 (John Wick as an example)
0025093848 (Original Score as an example)
0000001 (Your earlier work)
0025093848 (Sleepy's spreadsheet)

The folder names are a little different as well. I see main_theme_3 and main_theme_4 on most. Sleepy has main_theme_b and main_theme_2.

Anyway, I'm not going to figure it all out. I'm using your John Wick as my overall template because the config file I'm using works with it and so does my shaker.

Again, I couldn't have done any of this without your head start. Thanks Again!

#10254 4 years ago

I wasn't planning on uploading my other 3 sound packages to the PinSound site because I figure Timothee and Nicolas are getting tired of all the HS2 submissions. However I received a couple PM requests after all these posts today so here goes:

V2 is my orchestration using Rob Zombie's "More Human Than Human" as the main theme and Rammstein as everything else. Make sure the kids are in bed when you get to the ball lock music. "More Human Than Human" can be heard here:

V3 is my orchestration that features the music of Joe Satriani. I'm using a few versions of "Summer Song" as the main theme, which can be heard here:

V4 is my orchestration featuring all the music from Total Nuclear Annihilation. I have this pin and really love the music. I used a few versions of "Heat Exchanger" as the main theme:

All of my sound packages are instrumentals, as my preference is to just hear the music and let the pin's callouts provide any vocal elements. If this isn't your thing, you might want to skip my V2 sound package. I also did a bit of work on the SFX and Vocal sounds on all of these as well, similar to what I've done before on my V1 and V5 packages.

I just uploaded these and they haven't made it to the main download page yet. If you want to give them a try you'll have to get them from the forum site: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/. Send me a PM and let me know what you think if you give them a try. Thanks!

#10262 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Two things:

1) If you download a fresh copy of the factory sound set from Pinsound you will find that the events you've marked yellow are not among the files.
2)
I have started a new spreadsheet in google sheets for planning purposes.<-- click
a) Everyone is free to copy this sheet for your own use.
b) Everyone is free (and encouraged) to edit column D in my copy, which is a note about each sound. Many of the descriptions are self explanatory, but there are some that need a more human description. For example, when specifically do we hear "main_theme_4" as opposed to "main_theme_3"? If you know, click above and enter it in! I'll be adding the notes @estroh
made earlier. Let's crowdsource some intelligence about these actions!
c) As I make progress in my first orchestration I'll be filling in column E. Then I'll probably amend the
scriptI made earlier to take data from this sheet and assemble the folders, taking factory files for any action that has a blank cell.

You might want to add a column if there is an "alternate" sound available (and from which orchestrations it can be found) for something other than music. Maybe a description of the new alternate sound as well?

2 weeks later
#10322 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New decal that goes under lockdown bar. Hides all the old decals and rust, etc.[quoted image]

I used to use those. Now I just give mine a good clean and polish. The stickers are available from Marco.

IMG_4792D (resized).jpgIMG_4792D (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10369 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You should add some whites to that backbox. The colors wash all the graphics out imo.

Of if you've done all that modification to the backbox, why not a custom translite to show how "custom" it is.

Getaway 4 low scan (resized).jpgGetaway 4 low scan (resized).jpg
#10372 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That’s custom but think it would look better if there was a diablo and helicopter that matched the DMD Apache looking one.

I did a couple different ones with a Diablo but I didn't like the look as much. The Diablos on the DMD and the playfield are a little nondescript, so I didn't mind the slight modification (as long as it wasn't a Ferrari!).

Our local police don't make a habit of using Apache gunships to follow speeders, so I didn't mind using an image of an actual police helicopter. Again, I was removing the tie-in to the Apache by changing the translight anyway, but changing it to an Apache would be pretty easy if I wanted to do it.

At a minimum I wanted to get a mountain road, red Lambo, police car(s), and an actual police helicopter.

Here's one with a Diablo (SV Edition), freeway overpass, mountains, and helicopter.
Diablo (resized).jpgDiablo (resized).jpg

#10380 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres no such thing as an alternate translight that doesn't look ugly and gaudy as hell for getaway

Thanks for your unilateral proclamation. You've now inspired me to put the whole machine back to it's stock condition... Maybe I'll get to work this weekend on my others as well. Does anyone want a boat load of mods and ton of white LED's from any of my pins?

#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Neither of those is correct (I did add a license plate light). All of the changes are in the artwork itself.

Black subtitle, logo position and ...

#10387 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oops, one more (I forgot about the black subtitle).
Hint - look at the lower left part of the glass.

The helicopter is banking into the road, and it's rotor is about to make contact with the guardrail. Wait, that's the original one I'm looking at

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Bro I don't care if your game has a double headed catapillar that comes out and slaps you across the face when you lose the ball.

Quoted from spblat:

hello where do I purchase this mod please

Stern sells the "double headed slapping caterpillar" on their Super LE (SLE) versions to the Chinese market only at this point. Use the "DHSC" order code if you want one for other markets. Mine does come out of the translite as Haymaker mentioned, but that required a lot of modification to adapt it to the WPC platform. I admit, it sure adds another element to the game!
catpillar (resized).jpgcatpillar (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#10473 4 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

I gave the Total Nuclear Annihilation mix a go, its really good. Check out the short video of me playing Total Nuclear Annihilation mix on Youtube -
Thanks for the cool mix

Thanks!

For those that don't know, not only did Scott Danesi create Total Nuclear Annihilation (the pin), but he also created all the music for it as well. He continues to be very active on the forums for his game and is constantly improving it based on customer feedback and feature requests. A lot of pinheads dismiss TNA due to it's lack of toys or ramps, but it is a VERY FAST game (like HS2) and a blast to play. I believe it is the only pin with a co-op mode, which is great to play with someone with a different skill set.

1 week later
#10541 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Can you see what I'm missing? This coil just hanging down in there. Previous owner zip-tied the ramp lift in the up position.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You seem to be missing quite a few parts. Check out the diagram on page 2-29 of the manual for a complete list and description.

#10553 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

That is the bracket I was thinking of, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure it would help my issue. What is that supposed to prevent? Here's where my ball keeps getting stuck:[quoted image]

How does the ball make it to that spot? After going up the lift ramp?

1 week later
#10593 4 years ago

Here's something kinda fun. Check out the red/blue apron lights during video mode and multiball (at 20 second mark and again at the 2 minute marks). Please excuse the sloppy gameplay with a camera between me and the pin.

#10596 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's pretty cool. How did you achieve it

The simple answer is that I modified an RGB controller and wired the "green" circuit to the red on one strip and the blue on the other.

The longer answer is that to activate the controller with the beacon I put a relay on the circuit that controls the beacon. With that I drive various mods I came up with: this apron LED display, a police light bar on the top, and others that "become active" when the beacon goes off. The power supply for this (running through the relay) is tapped of of the primary on the transformer, and then powers other things that are aways active: your shifter knob, under cab red/blue lights like on the apron, a pincup with red/blue lights and a few other things. When everything goes off it's like getting slapped in the face by a two-headed caterpillar. (wink)

I don't know if I can simplify things to make it a stand-alone mod. I'll have to think about that...

#10602 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished my second set of Getaway 3D flipper toppers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-ampamp-high-speed-3d-flipper-toppers#post-5605312
These are a road design and come ready to install. Current price is $15 for the set of 3 including US shipping. As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. Makes more sense than the checkered flag flipper toppers (the theme of HS2 doesn't involve a race track).

#10611 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyone know why this happens and how to stop it?!
Multiball starts, first ball drops. Second ball gets trapped by the third ball. And they just sit there the entire time.
COMPLETELY RUINS MULTIBALL!
please help....[quoted image]

My game did the same when I got it. Like pkrobin said, the balls are supposed to be released with a delay between them. If you search the forum you may find what I did... the spring on the solenoid / post that holds the balls in the lock needs to be "beefed up". After researching the forum I also found that if I added a second spring it solved the problem. I don't have a pic of mine, but I "interlaced" two springs together. Not sure why it works, but it did.

1 week later
#10633 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

How difficult is it to install the start game key mod? Is it pretty start forward?
Thanks In Advance,
Pete

Very simple to install, but unless you REALLY tighten up on the lock nut the whole mechanism it will want to turn if someone aggressively turns the key to start the game. Fun for home use only.

1 month later
#10700 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Just finished cleaning mine up. Full playfield strip and some cabinet clean up. Comet LEDs. Time to put it in the lineup.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your cabinet decals look great. Nice deep reds. Where did you get them?

2 weeks later
#10718 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Minor issue (if it’s an issue at all)...
When my multiball starts, I believe the balls are to be released from Donut Heaven one-by-one. Oftentimes, mine releases the first two balls at once...and sometimes even all three. What can be done to correct this? Seems my ball stop is staying down a split second too long. What causes the ball stop to pop back up?

The same thing occurred on mine when I first got it - it always let 3 balls go at once. Somewhere in this forum someone suggested adding a second spring on that coil plunger. That did the trick, and I haven't had a problem since.

2 months later
#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, all orchestrations for Getaway are located here for free download (currently 30 custom orchestrations): http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway
If you can't find at lease one orchestration you like from these selections, there's probably not much hope for you (I refuse to do a country music or opera theme).

I've been revisiting my 80's music recently, and I think this song would be great for the main theme - nice beat and catchy (the opening riff on loop while in the shooter lane would be good too)! However, I don't really want to do a full Robert Palmer / The Power Station mix (only about 4 or 5 songs that I recall being popular, but need 15-16 for a Getaway mix).

Love that version of Bang a Gong! If you make an upbeat 80's mix, I'll be the first to install it!

I was going to make another one and pull some pieces out of this long version of Two Tribes - never got around to it.

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Love that version of Bang a Gong! If you make an upbeat 80's mix, I'll be the first to install it!
I was going to make another one and pull some pieces out of this long version of Two Tribes - never got around to it.

3 weeks later
#10811 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My latest PinSound orchestration for Getaway (version 14) is now available for download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/329-getawayhs2-v14_80smtv_customcallouts_mrtantrum

What's next . . . might be time for someone to do a Van Halen orchestration.
[quoted image]

I put a Van Halen orchestration together awhile ago but never got around to testing it in the pin, and I know the volume levels of the music will have to get punched up a little. If no one else does one, maybe I'll resurrect the one I have.

4 weeks later
#10832 3 years ago

In the absence of a true Van Halen pin, I installed about 20 of my favorite Van Halen tracks into my Getaway.
If you have PinSound in your Getaway you can download and install my Van Halen sound package here if you are interested:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/335-getawayhs2-v6_estroh_vanhalen10/

The main theme soundtrack actually uses five early DLR tracks:
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
And the Cradle will Rock
Jamie's Cryin
Runnin' with the Devil
You Really Got Me (which I think works best after the "Eruption" ball launch track)
If you want to have just one play, you'll have to delete the others.

As the game progresses you'll hear later tracks and more of Sammy's vocals.

Big Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for the instruction and the voice files.

Enjoy!
a3e5ad734b1179c46be3949b179639cf (resized).jpga3e5ad734b1179c46be3949b179639cf (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/336-getawayhs2-v6_estroh_vanhalen10/

1 week later
#10838 3 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Currently working with another pinsider on pop bumper with W2812B LEDs, these will change colour with the traffic light and strobe blue/red when Mars lamp is on. Ive designed the pop bumper PCB with 60mm diameter LEDs to fit inside clear DE caps. Will be adding 2812 speaker LEDs also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would LOVE to see this when you're finished. As a half step in that direction, have you considered just red (or just blue) for normal mode, and then a flashing red/blue when the mars lamp is going? That would be a little smaller pill to swallow...

1 month later
#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

I am looking for a replacement LED bulb for the incandescent located under the Free Ride insert. It's a GE 906
[quoted image]

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flex-flashers

#10930 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

I am suffering from hinge/slide woes. I do have the springs (although likely I should order replacements) but they keep falling off the hinges because the playfield is not sitting on the slides properly. The first pic is how it should be (right side of my TZ with working hinges). The next two pics are my right and left hinges. You will see that the top bolt should be within the hinge and the hinge should be pointing straight up (with the springs attached). My issue is I cannot seem to lift the playfield to get the bolts where they should be in the hinges. On the left side (last pic) I cannot get the hinge to point up because its movement is blocked by the front bolt.
Also some of my bolts need tightening, particularly the top/back bolt on the left. I was able to tighten the front bolts well enough but the back ones (especially the left one) seem to be impossible because the playfield wires, etc. are in the way then the playfield is upright. Also what tool do you guys use to tighten the bolts given it appears to require a monstrous flat head screwdriver?
Any help/ideas with getting this playfield where it needs to be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The piece of the hinge that connects to the long part attached to the playfield appears to be bent. You might want to remove the entire hinge on both sides and straighten things out. The movable part should "stop" at the long flat piece attached to the playfield.

hinge (resized).jpghinge (resized).jpg

You can use your TZ as a guide to see how it's all supposed to work.

1 week later
#10950 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

This pic is taken from around page 133 or so. The metal L-shaped piece to the right of the supercharger (the one with the caution sticker put on), is this a standard part? I don't have it on my machine.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Yes, standard part. Is meant to keep the ball from leaving the playfield. Same thing with the one over the hairpin turn on the left side.

Odds are though, the ball will never hop out of the superchager and hit this piece. I wouldn't sweat it if it's in a home use environment.

8 months later
#11572 2 years ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

DMD saga continues…
I’ve been having some issues with my DMD . It’s mostly out till it warms up for a few hours and when it does it’s working about 0%. I thought I would take a look at the connections unplugged them and then plugged them back in and the screen is now a total mess. Any suggestions as to what I should try or where to start?
[quoted image]

It's VERY EASY to plug the monitor cable back in without noticing that the plug is "shifted" on the pins. Take a close look and make sure you plugged it in correctly, and also that the ribbon is not upside down.

1 month later
#11695 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

There is no flipper test in the solenoid testing mode (somehow whoever set up the testing forgot about the flippers). The only flipper test I could find was in single switch test mode which doesn't really tell me anything, other than it said the switch was open (which it should be normally). While in this test mode, I did press the left flipper button and energized the flipper and it operated just like it does when playing the game - when you press the left flipper button and immediately release it, the flipper immediately returns to the resting position, but if you press the flipper button and hold the button in for 1 or 2 seconds the flipper hesitates for about 1/2 second before it goes back to the resting position. If you hold the button in longer, the hesitation is longer before going to the rest position - this is annoying when you trap the ball on this flipper.
The coil sleeve is new (as of approx. 2-months ago) The coil plunger slides very smoothly back & forth in the sleeve and everything looks to be lined up properly. The entire mechanism looks very clean and operates smoothly. I even installed a 2nd plunger return spring to increase the force to return the flipper to the resting position. When I manually operate the flipper it always immediately returns to the resting position, no matter how long I hold the flipper up. The coil stop isn't adjustable - the screw holes don't have any slop to allow changing its position. I did loosen the screws and retighten them, but they're still in the same position as before.
The flipper leaf switch looks to be in good condition and makes solid contact, and contact is broken immediately when the button is released (the leaf switch contact doesn't stick closed even if the button is held in for a few seconds prior to releasing the button).
I'm convinced that there's no mechanical problem, and my thought, now, is that there may be a problem on the fliptronic board.

If you operate the flipper manually by hand and REALLY PRESS IT (hard) to it's full "flipped" position, do you feel any mechanical "catch"?

2 months later
#11924 2 years ago
Quoted from Duramadmax:

I am in the process of restoring my Getaway. Where has everyone gotten there cab decals from? I see that Planetary Pinball and Classic Arcades both offer them.
Thanks

I've restored two Getaway pins and I used both of the ones you listed. The short answer is that I was MUCH happier with the ones from Classic Arcades - both in terms of color and customer service (I had a slight issue with both).

3 weeks later
#11998 2 years ago
Quoted from retroware99:

I recently picked up a very nice machine and was playing it last night when the ball I was playing went totally missing! I was playing a single ball and if I recall I had an air ball off the left side of the playfield and then poof - it was gone! I was like what? l've searched everywhere for the ball including the cabinet and the floor. Any ideas where the ball could be hiding?
Also, how does one raise the playfield to a full vertical service position? The way I've been doing it (pulling it out as far as it will go and then hinging to vertical) crushes the springs on the hinge.

Check the slings for the ball.

As far as the playfield goes, you need to lift it up when you slide it toward you. The triangular tip of the slide mechanism needs to raise to a point so that it goes above the pin on the cabinet. You will hear a click sound when it finds the correct position. Then you can tilt it all the way up.

2 months later
#12174 1 year ago
Quoted from A1k71:

New to the group.
Tried to installed two 12V strobes (link below)
KaiDengZhe 4pcs 4LED Red Blue Ultra Thin Sync Feature Car Truck Mount Surface Caution Emergency Beacon Hazard Flash Warning Strobe Light Bar 12-24V
https://a.co/d/bfmY1YM
connecting them to the beacon bulb or beacon motor, but looks like they don't get enough power, they barely turn on.
What I'm doing wrong??

I've put something like this on 2 High Speed pins and a Getaway HS2. I always use a separate power supply though.

He's one on my High Speed:

#12177 1 year ago
Quoted from A1k71:

What kind of power supply and how do you connect to, so it will
light up the strobes together with the beacon

I usually tap the wire between the switch and transformer. Then install a 120VAC / 12VDC power supply (5A) off of the tap to power all my mods. I tap the 12VAC power to the beacon and run it through the coil side of a 12VAC/2VDC relay. The power supply runs through the power side of the relay.

Sounds complicated, but it's pretty straightforward. If you have a Pinsound board you don't need the relay.
IMG_8873D (resized).JPGIMG_8873D (resized).JPG

6 months later
#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Acronymicon,
If you put the mirror blades you mentioned in your post into your Getaway, could you pls post some pics. I'm curious of what they do to the look of The Getaway. Thanks.

I've got a decent collection of W/B pins and I prefer mirror blades on most of them - nothing against art blades, but I think the mirror blades really opens up the "environment" of the pin - especially those with a lot of light. I've restored three Getaway's, but the one that's bolted to the floor has mirror blades installed.

IMG_2866 (resized).jpgIMG_2866 (resized).jpgIMG_2867 (resized).jpgIMG_2867 (resized).jpgIMG_2868 (resized).jpgIMG_2868 (resized).jpg

... and a big "thank you" to Mr_Tantrum for all the awesome mods!

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Where do you suggest buying from since you bought so many? Mirror blades for WPC. Thanks

I just bought 4 more sets from Cointaker during their black Friday sale for various machines I'm working on. Looks like they still have them discounted: https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

I've bought them from other vendors though... I'm sure they're all coming from the same manufacturer somewhere.

2 weeks later
#12590 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Hey everyone! I picked up a Getaway as my 2nd pin recently (Mousin' Around was first)! Happy to be in the club! I made a video on my YouTube channel talking about the buying experience, condition of the machine, mods, etc...check it out if interested!

Regarding your lock. When in a single player game and starting multiball, does your lock let all 3 balls out at once, or is there few-second pause between each ball release?

#12603 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Happens all at once. As I understand it is not supposed to happen and perhaps further indicates a worn out spring?

Mine acted this way when I got it. Springs don't "wear out", but adding a second spring on mine fixed the problem. There is a post about that somewhere here from year's ago. I'm surprised that solution worked on mine (and I'm a mechanical engineer). Thank God for these forum posts!

#12632 1 year ago
Quoted from AJSDave:

Hi, I have a Getaway wiring/operation question - I have two wires in the back box that are disconnected (see pics). The yellow/blue seems to be a direct wire from the credit switch, so it is open at the back box. The loose red/gray at the backbox has continuity to J1P2 on the coindoor IO board.
From the credit switch:The red/gray from the switch connects to J6P4 on the coin door IO board as shown in the manual, but I do not get continuity to J133P9 on the Power Driver Board as shown on the Coindoor IO board schematic. There is a red/gray in the harness connecting to J133P9 coming from a factory harness somewhere...
There are two issues with this, first, the an in progress game doesn't restart while holding the credit button in (unless restart is set to instant). Secondly, the credit button lamp doesn't work. I'm thinking that the lamp circuit is more than just to illuminate the lamp?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks, Dave
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those two disconnected wires go to the lamp on your start button. They were once plugged into 9/J135 and 6/J138. J135 and J138 headers have the same circuitry as J133 (red lamp wires) and J137 (yellow lamp wires) directly above them - except J133 and J137 are connected to the playfield lamps, while J135 and J138 are connected to the lamp(s) in the cabinet... just the start button in the case of HS2.

The switch's lamp wires (yellow, red) are completely isolated from it's switching function (white and green wires). In other words, having the red and yellow wires disconnected won't affect the operation of the switch.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the an in progress game doesn't restart while holding the credit button in" Can you clarify?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EStroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=EStroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.