• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

11 months later
#5523 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
Williams HIGH SPEED II - The Getaway
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
Run is finished and shipping now. The classic translite converted into a real mirrored & silkscreened tempered glass, intended for complete replacement of the translite (if faded or shoddy) and/or a "pimp up" of the machine.
Stu's mirror bits are shown in our detailed photo gallery:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo196.html
Available now in the Backglass section of the CPR Store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Outstanding work! Ordered.

1 month later
#6098 6 years ago

I have paid 90% for my repro from Peter. Paid 100€ every two weeks since Feb. They are going to be ready around end of July. My original has lifting inserts and they effect game play. I also have some slight gouging in the back orbit from the ramp. Its playable tho. I will be doing a complete restore this winter on my HS2. Cab is beat, faded and all around worn. I have been collecting all the replacement parts for the last two years. Have Mountain, new plastics, supercharger, wire forms, coin door, rails, repro mirror backglass...and a shit tonne of other smaller pieces. Had her for 4 years she deserves the makover because she was the pin that got me back into this great hobby. Just pull the trigger Superbee and give your girl the final touch she needs!

#6102 6 years ago

Awesome! Grats! Put that in right away.
I will definitely contact you when I get stuck!

#6104 6 years ago

This will be my third complete tear down and replace. Take lots of pictures with HD camera. I take my time and it will probably take me 3 months after cab is redone

5 months later
#6861 6 years ago

I have one coming too. The last I heard on 7 Oct, was that they were in the paint shop getting finished clear. So stands to reason that we are at least a month out...

3 months later
#7362 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im wondering if i need to reclear it though. Worried about wear around the inserts. No one else with this issue ?

I will look at my Getaway PF that i got last month from Peter and let you know. I unwrapped it to check it out and didnt notice what you have seen. I put it back in its box and planned to pull it out this summer when I restore my Getaway.

#7363 6 years ago

So I just pulled my Getaway PF out and inspected it. I ran my finger over top of it and the only area I can feel slight bumps, is around the RPM and Redline inserts. Not all of them and I don't feel any bumps around any other inserts (rounds ones, free ride, bonus, jackpot, etc). I took a flashlight and shone it from the bottom of the playfield...no reflection off those inserts, which would indicate a significant raising or lowering. I have replaced two PFs in the past. One cleared by Bill Davis and one done by Mirco. Both had these slight raises on some inserts. I wasn't concerned. Once those PFs are in the machine and that ball rolls around during game play, the clear will flatten. I played the crap out of those two games and there was no damage what so ever around inserts. My advice, unless you have obvious cracking around the inserts (which you say you don't), is to install it and enjoy it. My original in game Getaway PF has insert clear cracking, raising, missing keylines and a couple significant gouges (looks like someone dropped a screwdriver right beside the upper right flipper). This actually causes a slow rolling ball to change direction. I can't wait until this summer to install this new repro. Believe me, I understand OCD, particularly when it comes to pinball machines, but in the case of my current repro that I got from Peter, I am still one happy camper.

3 weeks later
#7449 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Just starting my Getaway restore hoping for help with a couple of things along the way.
Is this spring in the picture a retro fit or is it meant to be there?
Also I notice the flipper switches are just leaf spring type. The buttons had no springs in them is this normal as well?
As I plan to put illuminated ones in. Thanks for any help or advice.
PS I have a new playfield going in as well as discussed above which has been sitting flat for 3 months. Looks beautiful.

That spring does not belong there at all. Some hokery pokery going on there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=Budfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.