• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 277.
#4901 7 years ago

The Hot Light was on this morning. Took some better pics of Mr. T's handiwork with the glass off.

IMG_0534 (resized).JPGIMG_0534 (resized).JPG

IMG_0533 (resized).JPGIMG_0533 (resized).JPG

IMG_0532 (resized).JPGIMG_0532 (resized).JPG

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG

IMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPG

#4902 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I almost hate bringing up this topic because I've seen countless forums addressing supercharger issues, but thought I would give it a shot. Just noticing in some videos of others recently how fast their superchargers are. Since I bought my pin, I've always pretty much had loops in the 110-130 range. All optos have been replaced and tested successfully, each magnet has been tested individually and works, although seem weak. If testing a single magnet, ball will usually make a loop or two before it will not make it all the way around again and drain (the 3 seem similar in power with maybe one a little weaker than the other two). This also occurs with brand new balls (ie not a magnetized issue). The good news is my SC is fully functional, but I know it could be better.
So, my question is how do I make my SC faster? After all, part of the pin's name is "High Speed". Do mags go bad, and if so how do test? Is this an accelerator board issue, and if so what do I look for? FYI, this was an issue before and after replacement of my CPU and power driver boards.

Quoted from simplykind:

I would first go in and test the values of everything on your supercharger board. Lots of the same parts, so just check them to see if there are any inconsistencies, and if so, replace. I just did this and every component that was the same matched up besides a TIP which was where the failure in mine was occuring

Always a good idea before rushing in and doing something that was not necessary so regardless of what you did in the past retest everything.

Those numbers are high, still within the specs so it's up to you if you want to tackle this issue or not.

Yes, magnets go bad as can the accelerator board under the PF. I had mine rebuilt by Clive @ Coin Op many years ago and it's been flawless and working in the high 70's into the low 90's. I have a new magnet on hand but never needed to swap it out.

In test mode for me, any one of the magnets working independently can make the ball continue around the loop on it's own.

I'd have to think on this for a solution to your problems.

#4903 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Maybe wax the supercharger ramp and loop? Also, are you sure that the ball is not hitting the top hairpin turn plastic as it jumps off the loop to make another round? Mine was and was slowing it down each loop. I washered the plastic up about a 1/4" and now the ball clears.

Loop is smooth, and I've tested with all plastics removed and get the same result.

#4904 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Always a good idea before rushing in and doing something that was not necessary so regardless of what you did in the past retest everything.
Those numbers are high, still within the specs so it's up to you if you want to tackle this issue or not.
Yes, magnets go bad as can the accelerator board under the PF. I had mine rebuilt by Clive @ Coin Op many years ago and it's been flawless and working in the high 70's into the low 90's. I have a new magnet on hand but never needed to swap it out.
In test mode for me, any one of the magnets working independently can make the ball continue around the loop on it's own.
I'd have to think on this for a solution to your problems.

Yes, redid all my testing this morning. I guess at this point I'm trying to understand from electronics perspective and not just machine tests. Do I need to test current to each of the mags? What can I measure and look for on the accel board that might contribute to low mag performance. I really don't want to just start throwing money at it for trial and error.

Also, from what I remember in recent past, single mag would just barely keep the ball alive for several loops, but now just 2 or 3 (middle mag maybe 1 or 2). I assume that single mag for you makes it fairly easily? FYI, I just re-leveled since I moved pin placement in my game room and I am dead on L-R and 6.5 degrees slope F-B (used iPhone pinball level app calibrated on flat surface first).

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, redid all my testing this morning. I guess at this point I'm trying to understand from electronics perspective and not just machine tests. Do I need to test current to each of the mags? What can I measure and look for on the accel board that might contribute to low mag performance. I really don't want to just start throwing money at it for trial and error.
Also, from what I remember in recent past, single mag would just barely keep the ball alive for several loops, but now just 2 or 3 (middle mag maybe 1 or 2). I assume that single mag for you makes it fairly easily? FYI, I just re-leveled since I moved pin placement in my game room and I am dead on L-R and 6.5 degrees slope F-B (used iPhone pinball level app calibrated on flat surface first).

Sure, I guess you could test J6, pins 5,6 and 7 on the accelerator board, I think those power the 3 magnets then maybe test what you get at the magnets. I'm no expert, especially when it comes to the magnets but that's where I would look... I don't recall what my issue was with my board when I sent it Clive, it was about 8 years ago, but as I recall it was a similar issue as you're having and that's why I ended up with a "spare magnet thinking I may need to swap one out.

The single magnet for me makes it limp around the loop, yes it makes it but it has no speed, just enough to barley keep it going. That test freaks me out thinking I'm going to cook the magnet by stressing it out.

#4906 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Sure, I guess you could test J6, pins 5,6 and 7 on the accelerator board, I think those power the 3 magnets then maybe test what you get at the magnets. I'm no expert, especially when it comes to the magnets but that's where I would look... I don't recall what my issue was with my board when I sent it Clive, it was about 8 years ago, but as I recall it was a similar issue as you're having and that's why I ended up with a "spare magnet thinking I may need to swap one out.
The single magnet for me makes it limp around the loop, yes it makes it but it has no speed, just enough to barley keep it going. That test freaks me out thinking I'm going to cook the magnet by stressing it out.

Thanks, I will check it out. Regarding your freaking out, I'm no electromagnetic scientist but it's a frictionless device and I would think all of the stress is on the ball. I guess maybe if the test is an "always on" situation instead of being triggered by opto closing then maybe?

#4907 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks, I will check it out. Regarding your freaking out, I'm no electromagnetic scientist but it's a frictionless device and I would think all of the stress is on the ball. I guess maybe if the test is an "always on" situation instead of being triggered by opto closing then maybe?

I'm sure you're right but IDK, it makes me think the 25 year old magnet is working too hard

#4908 7 years ago

Be careful testing that accelerator board ^^^^^ I bought mine non working and had a torpedo hole in it. It had to get replaced. But it is 1 off board for this game only. So it gets repaired or it doesn't get fixed. Because replacments are not out there. FYI it took me a year to fine mine.

Anyways thought i would post this in the club. I bought this game from a operator in Illinois. Bought it in may of 2015. With more problems then you can shake a stick at. I knew that going in and that is why i got it for price i got it for. Game was drove hard!!! I would turn it on there would be a rumbling, blow to 2 fuses, half the lights would turn on and would continuity fire balls. It came with new decals as well but not installed. Well today members is the first day this game is started up, working, operating, playing 100% no credit dot. It has been a long trek with this game but i wanted the game working and playing perfect before I tear the cab down. Will be looking for tips in the summer when i get to it. The kicker is this second time i had this title. The first example i had, had nice clean practical unfading cab and was great working. Sold it years ago. Now kicking myself in the ass for that one. I had steve richie sign the translight on the car hood. What a fun game to play. Super cool to get super jackpot. Good theme. super fast. Underrated for sure. I dont have any before pictures because its been so long i have a new phone

20170202_210037 (resized).jpg20170202_210037 (resized).jpg

20170202_210116 (resized).jpg20170202_210116 (resized).jpg

#4909 7 years ago

My HS2 started acting up yesterday. Switch errors and when starting a game the ball auto launches then displays tilt slam and resets. Not sure where the start. Got it working for a hot second by reseating connectors and pushing on chips on the cou, now the error wont go away. Any ideas? 3 pins down for the superbowl party!

#4910 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

My HS2 started acting up yesterday. Switch errors and when starting a game the ball auto launches then displays tilt slam and resets. Not sure where the start. Got it working for a hot second by reseating connectors and pushing on chips on the cou, now the error wont go away. Any ideas? 3 pins down for the superbowl party!

Sorry. Can't help too much. Start with the known and go backwards. Looks at the tilt slam and see if it bent and making contact. Do a switch to to narrow down things. From there, I'm not much help. If I were to have trouble I'd be stuck. Look at the owners manual. Good luck. Others here can help.

#4911 7 years ago

Looks like I fixed the opto issues(had one pointed the wrong way, doh). Blowing fuse 105 upon starting a game. Will have to dig further. Seems like the shooter coil is staying charged though.

#4912 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Be careful testing that accelerator board ^^^^^ I bought mine non working and had a torpedo hole in it. It had to get replaced. But it is 1 off board for this game only. So it gets repaired or it doesn't get fixed. Because replacments are not out there. FYI it took me a year to fine mine.
Anyways thought i would post this in the club. I bought this game from a operator in Illinois. Bought it in may of 2015. With more problems then you can shake a stick at. I knew that going in and that is why i got it for price i got it for. Game was drove hard!!! I would turn it on there would be a rumbling, blow to 2 fuses, half the lights would turn on and would continuity fire balls. It came with new decals as well but not installed. Well today members is the first day this game is started up, working, operating, playing 100% no credit dot. It has been a long trek with this game but i wanted the game working and playing perfect before I tear the cab down. Will be looking for tips in the summer when i get to it. The kicker is this second time i had this title. The first example i had, had nice clean practical unfading cab and was great working. Sold it years ago. Now kicking myself in the ass for that one. I had steve richie sign the translight on the car hood. What a fun game to play. Super cool to get super jackpot. Good theme. super fast. Underrated for sure. I dont have any before pictures because its been so long i have a new phone

Bravo to you sir.

#4913 7 years ago

My take on a fairly common mod. And you can get a glimpse of my CF blades and black bat conversion.

IMG_3727-2.JPGIMG_3727-2.JPG
IMG_3726-2.JPGIMG_3726-2.JPG

#4914 7 years ago

Need a little help, when I bought my Getaway it came with the key starter mod installed. It also came with the original start button and the light relay switch, which I want to reinstall. Problem is I'm not sure which wires go where on the switch. Any help/pics will be much appreciated!

#4915 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

My take on a fairly common mod. And you can get a glimpse of my CF blades and black bat conversion.

Cool. And I thought you didn't like to tacky up your game with Matchbox cars.

#4916 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Need a little help, when I bought my Getaway it came with the key starter mod installed. It also came with the original start button and the light relay switch, which I want to reinstall. Problem is I'm not sure which wires go where on the switch. Any help/pics will be much appreciated!

I just replaced my switch, button and LED bulb... I hope this helps

Start button (resized).jpgStart button (resized).jpg

#4917 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Cool. And I thought you didn't like to tacky up your game with Matchbox cars.

Well, yes... But this is just ONE car, and it's identical to the car featured in the game. And its not a Matchbox, it's a 1:43 diecast model that I had to build, which allowed me to make it look exactly like the car illustrated on the PF. I made the road in the same color as the roads on the PF, which in my mind, created a mod that blends well as if it had been part of the original design. I am working on the front "KINGPIN" plate for the car, but that's proving to be quite a challenge to make the letters legible at such a small scale.

#4918 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I just replaced my switch, button and LED bulb... I hope this helps

Awesome, thanks tmonster!

#4919 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I forget what scale mine is, but maybe a little larger than yours. My plate is easily legible.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4920 7 years ago

Also, my diecast Lambo does have the optional spoiler unlike the game version. Can't tell you how much time it took me to track down this one, so not sure I want to hack off the spoiler.

PS, I like your carbon blades.

#4921 7 years ago

Here's some more pics... I repositioned the car a bit and came up with a front plate that will suffice for now. In these pics, you can hopefully see where I blacked out the big dumb chrome thing and much of the ball guides from the lift-ramp area to the return lane guides. I also blacked out the hairpin turn deflector and the lock switch cover (where many have put the Donut Heaven sticker). Bats were changed to black, all nuts, bolts and screws are black oxide stainless, and all 3 pop bumpers rebuilt with all brand new plastic bits. I added a spotlight for the car, Matrix LED's under the sling gauges, and an LED strip at the back to light up the back of the loop and lift ramp area. New foam on every target, new stoplight and blacked out the mounting bracket, all new star posts and red Titan rubber. Cliffy added to the saucer hole, which is awesome because it also covers the horrible PF wear behind it!
And another very subtle "mod"... Can anyone spot it??

IMG_3730-2.JPGIMG_3730-2.JPG
IMG_3731-2.JPGIMG_3731-2.JPG
IMG_3732-2.JPGIMG_3732-2.JPG

#4923 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Blacked out supercharger ramp sign.

#4924 7 years ago

I have 2 slingshot plastics if anyone is interested. Left side is a brand new repro never installed in a game. The right side is original and broken.

IMG_1370 (resized).JPGIMG_1370 (resized).JPG

#4925 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Blacked out supercharger ramp sign.

Good eye, and correct (sortof) but not the tiny "mod" i'm referring too. That is actually the metal protector painted black... I have deleted the actual sign support plastic.
Hint: The subtle "mod" is most visible in the 2nd pic.

#4926 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Good eye, and correct (sortof) but not the tiny "mod" i'm referring too. That is actually the metal protector painted black... I have deleted the actual sign support plastic.
Hint: The subtle "mod" is most visible in the 2nd pic.

The plastic piece above the stop light targets?

#4927 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

The plastic piece above the stop light targets?

Nope, that comes with the CPR repro plastics set.

#4928 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Looks to me like you swapped out the star post on the loop lane for a regular red post sleeve.

#4929 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Looks to me like you swapped out the star post on the loop lane for a regular red post sleeve.

Nope, that's still a dual ring star post, as Mr Ritchie intended.

#4930 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nope, that's still a dual ring star post.

Upper PF (resized).jpgUpper PF (resized).jpg

#4931 7 years ago

Am I supposed to see something there ^^

#4932 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Am I supposed to see something there ^^

Yes, the star post on the double post on the inside loop lane

star post (resized).jpgstar post (resized).jpg

Playfiled detail (resized).jpgPlayfiled detail (resized).jpg

#4933 7 years ago

Ah, yes, I should have known right away what you meant, but it didn't dawn on me... On the later machines, that star post was replaced with a sleeve post, I didn't do that, my game came that way. Not the "mod" i'm referring too.

#4934 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I have 2 slingshot plastics if anyone is interested. Left side is a brand new repro never installed in a game. The right side is original and broken.

Just wanted to say thank you! I've been looking one for a while. The CPR repro's scratch easily. My fault when I swapped the playfield last year...

#4935 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Is it the clear small starpost on the plastic in the upper right corner ?

#4936 7 years ago

Either that or that you painted the supercharger bracket black ?

#4937 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Here's some more pics... I repositioned the car a bit and came up with a front plate that will suffice for now. In these pics, you can hopefully see where I blacked out the big dumb chrome thing and much of the ball guides from the lift-ramp area to the return lane guides. I also blacked out the hairpin turn deflector and the lock switch cover (where many have put the Donut Heaven sticker). Bats were changed to black, all nuts, bolts and screws are black oxide stainless, and all 3 pop bumpers rebuilt with all brand new plastic bits. I added a spotlight for the car, Matrix LED's under the sling gauges, and an LED strip at the back to light up the back of the loop and lift ramp area. New foam on every target, new stoplight and blacked out the mounting bracket, all new star posts and red Titan rubber. Cliffy added to the saucer hole, which is awesome because it also covers the horrible PF wear behind it!

First of all, I like what you've done - blackout looks very classy!

- I'm assuming by "subtle" you don't mean the supercharger color (doesn't look to be silver in the picture).
- The upper post on mine just below the flipper in your pic is red with clear ring, while yours is clear with red ring. I also see that the one in the pic to the top left of the stoplight is also clear but with clear ring.
- SC loop support appears to be blacked out.
- The only other thing I see is that the Super Jackpot insert has a UV/purple glow to it. Thought that maybe this was just your photo, but appears that way in 2 photos you posted.

So, where is Waldo, anyway?

#4938 7 years ago

I figured it out . . . you're making stuff up to get everyone to stare at pics of your Getaway for minutes on end. I see what you're doing !

#4939 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is it the clear small starpost on the plastic in the upper right corner ?

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Either that or that you painted the supercharger bracket black ?

I did change the red mini-posts to clear with clear rings, game-wide. And yes, I painted all the mounting points/flanges of the the supercharger ramp black, leaving only the main "U" loop in the original stainless.
But still, neither is the "mod" i'm talking about!

#4940 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I figured it out . . . you're making stuff up to get everyone to stare at pics of your Getaway for minutes on end. I see what you're doing !

LOL!! Ok, last hint... it is a PF element that presumably you all have in your game. It was a neccessary after-thought addition to the game. I have replaced this element with something completely different, yet just as functional and visually far more pleasing. And obviously it blends SO well, you guys cant even notice it!! It is visible in the 2nd and 3rd pics only.

#4941 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

LOL!! Ok, last hint... it is a PF element that presumably you all have in your game. It was a neccessary after-thought addition to the game. I have replaced this element with something completely different, yet just as functional and visually far more pleasing. And obviously it blends SO well, you guys cant even notice it!! It is visible in the 2nd and 3rd pics only.

Well, that hint points to the tunnel/mountain plastic, but I'm not seeing anything unusual there (at least from memory).

Hmm, just looked closer and I see the tunnel/mountain plastic in the first pic also, so can't be it.

#4942 7 years ago

Since I mentioned it, are you doing something to glow SUPER JACKPOT insert UV/Purple or is that just the camera? Looks really cool to me and would fit in with my other UV mods.

#4943 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First of all, I like what you've done - blackout looks very classy!

Thanks btw, I am super happy with the way it all turned out, it looks fantastic in person! (if I do say so myself) I really took my time and payed close attention to the smallest details to get everything perfect for my "vision" of the finished look.

#4944 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Since I mentioned it, are you doing something to glow SUPER JACKPOT insert UV/Purple or is that just the camera? Looks really cool to me and would fit in with my other UV mods.

Just a blue LED, I used them in the 2X inserts atop the return lanes too, they do look slick, I get lots of "player" compliments on those, but that's not something new for this project, I did that a year and a half ago when I converted to LED.

#4945 7 years ago

Clear washers/protectors above the posts next to the metal flap where the ball launches onto the playfield?

No, looked at some other pics and this seems to be the normal plastics.

#4946 7 years ago

I took off my led key starter mod because sometimes it would catch and you'd have to adjust the key slightly to get it to turn smoothly. It wasn't a big deal for me but the grandkids didn't get this and they would just try and use more force when it got caught. So before they broke it I decided to take it off and now I'm offering it up to anyone here who's interested. Not trying to make money on it, so as long as you pay for the shipping you can have it. It comes with a spare key because I was worried about the grandkids breaking or 'misplacing' the original.

IMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG

#4947 7 years ago

You painted the supercharger black. I just thought the pic was dark back there.

#4948 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

You painted the supercharger black. I just thought the pic was dark back there.

I thought it looked like it was a different color, if this is true I'd like to see some pics of it with better lighting.

#4949 7 years ago

The key starter mod has been spoken for.

#4950 7 years ago

Where you have a post, I have a metal L-bracket.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Trade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.