• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 277.
#4851 7 years ago

anybody that just wants one for their own, hell, paper mache something together. i think that would be kind of fun.

#4852 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure why they stopped making it, perhaps it just wasn't worth the costs as they said they were going to make another run but never did or perhaps they lost the licensing rights... ?

They were all hand painted and took just too much work for it to be viable i would think. Maybe produce and sell it blank and let the individual paint as they please ?

#4853 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

They were all hand painted and took just too much work for it to be viable i would think. Maybe produce and sell it blank and let the individual paint as they please ?

Yes, that's true, good point...

Quoted from weaverj:

anybody that just wants one for their own, hell, paper mache something together. i think that would be kind of fun.

Sure, if you want to make one for yourself you could do anything you want but to copy the "prototype" and try to sell it would be another story, but who wants a hunk of play-doh on their pin?

#4854 7 years ago

Anyone can reproduce that mountain. No, it's not copyrighted. If you made them and marketed them as a licensed piece made from the original Williams mold, then you'd be in trouble. I assume you could easily make a 3D print of it, it's the painting that would be the hard part.
The whole point of that mountain was to cover up the rather unsightly cluster of huge ball guides and bracketry in that area of the game. I'm in the middle of a full teardown shop with mine, and I painted all that metal back there textured flat black to make it all disappear. I also finally painted that big dumb chrome thing over the SC ramp, and made my own blades from black carbon fiber wrap. So far i'm super excited with the way it's looking! I am also using all black oxide stainless hardware and changing all 3 bats to black as finishing touches.

#4855 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Anyone can reproduce that mountain. No, it's not copyrighted. If you made them and marketed them as a licensed piece made from the original Williams mold, then you'd be in trouble. I assume you could easily make a 3D print of it, it's the painting that would be the hard part.
The whole point of that mountain was to cover up the rather unsightly cluster of huge ball guides and bracketry in that area of the game. I'm in the middle of a full teardown shop with mine, and I painted all that metal back there textured flat black to make it all disappear. I also finally painted that big dumb chrome thing over the SC ramp, and made my own blades from black carbon fiber wrap. So far i'm super excited with the way it's looking! I am also using all black oxide stainless hardware and changing all 3 bats to black as finishing touches.

Nice! Let's see some pics when you are done... or sooner if you are up for it.

#4856 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm in the middle of a full teardown shop with mine, and I painted all that metal back there textured flat black to make it all disappear. I also finally painted that big dumb chrome thing over the SC ramp, and made my own blades from black carbon fiber wrap. So far i'm super excited with the way it's looking! I am also using all black oxide stainless hardware and changing all 3 bats to black as finishing touches.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#4857 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

someone can just make a new one. you can't copyright a mountain, can you? lol.

I would think you could mold or 3D print one, and do whatever you want to your pin. Seems like the original designers wanted the blessing of the licensing company given they were selling them as a business venture (would be my guess).

#4858 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I like seeing all the workings back in the corner and have added lighting in that corner. One of the great things about pinball to me, however, is the ability to customize your machine the way you want. Your customizations sound very creative and like they will look great. Would love to see pics of process, and definitely when you complete everything.

#4859 7 years ago

We have been working on this for the last couple on months. Its almost ready for its reveal.

IMG_0641 (resized).JPGIMG_0641 (resized).JPG

#4860 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We have been working on this for the last couple on months. Its almost ready for its reveal.

Hmmmmm is it a bird?, is it a plane?....

#4861 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

get ready to be rich.

#4862 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I will post pics when its done, about another week. I too am working on a special mod that i'm sure you guys will dig, no clues, but its not a mountain.

#4863 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would think you could mold or 3D print one, and do whatever you want to your pin. Seems like the original designers wanted the blessing of the licensing company given they were selling them as a business venture (would be my guess).

That thing is really big for a 3d printer and to print something hollow like that.

#4864 7 years ago

Molding, squished elephant dung. YES!

#4865 7 years ago

A dual filament 3D printer could easily print that (assuming it had a large enough bed). After printing you just dissolve away the supports. Even if I don't like the mountain mod personally (maybe I will like this one better), I've still had the thought of buying a 3D printer and having the mod finance my purchase. Oh well, someone beat me to the punch.

#4866 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I will post pics when its done, about another week. I too am working on a special mod that i'm sure you guys will dig, no clues, but its not a mountain.

Does the mod keep me from draining the ball; cause I'd buy that.

#4867 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

So happy to see this, and perfect timing too! Guess I'll be putting in an order in the very near future!

#4868 7 years ago

Thank you so much for doing this for me Tantrum.

Now I have an option on what to use to cover the locks. I really like it.

IMG_9611 (resized).JPGIMG_9611 (resized).JPG

IMG_9615 (resized).JPGIMG_9615 (resized).JPG

IMG_9618 (resized).JPGIMG_9618 (resized).JPG

#4869 7 years ago

Getting ready to replace my plunger. Popped open the new solenoid and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Are these wires already stripped and soldered to the metal (so I just need to solder my purp/brown wires straight to the metal), or were they just soldered there for transportation? Meaning I need to de-solder, strip the metal wires (w/ sandpaper), and solder both wires together on the metal?

Thanks!

IMG_20170202_181842 (resized).jpgIMG_20170202_181842 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170202_181854 (resized).jpgIMG_20170202_181854 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170202_182311 (resized).jpgIMG_20170202_182311 (resized).jpg

#4870 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Getting ready to replace my plunger. Popped open the new solenoid and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Are these wires already stripped and soldered to the metal (so I just need to solder my purp/brown wires straight to the metal), or were they just soldered there for transportation? Meaning I need to de-solder, strip the metal wires (w/ sandpaper), and solder both wires together on the metal?
Thanks!

Just tin your wires from the machine (brown wire and purple-orange wire) and solder them onto the metal tabs.

EDIT: Yes, this ready to go don't mess with the coil wires

#4871 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just tin your wires from the machine (brown wire and purple-orange wire) and solder them onto the metal tabs.
EDIT: Yes, this ready to go don't mess with the coil wires

Thought so, just thought it would be better to ask that do it wrong. Thanks again, tilt.

#4872 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thought so, just thought it would be better to ask that do it wrong. Thanks again, tilt.

NP, you got this and everything will be awesome!

The shooter rod alignment, once you get everything back in place, could be a little tricky. Sometimes everything lines up perfectly with the shooter tip in the center of the switch but in my case I had to offset it so the ball would make it all the way around the loop when launched (this is what needs to happen when you launch the ball).

Cliffy shooter (resized).jpgCliffy shooter (resized).jpg

#4873 7 years ago

BTW is that a new coil sleeve too? Make sure you install that with the flange end on the back of the coil...

http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/03-7067-6/detail.jpg

rebuilt shooter (resized).jpgrebuilt shooter (resized).jpg

#4874 7 years ago

So Mr_Tantrum sent me these three stickers for a very minimal charge. They didn't make my gameplay any better, but they look great none the less. Thanks, Mr. T. This project called for a brew or two to get through.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

IMG_0517 (resized).JPGIMG_0517 (resized).JPG

IMG_0518 (resized).JPGIMG_0518 (resized).JPG

IMG_0519 (resized).JPGIMG_0519 (resized).JPG

IMG_0520 (resized).JPGIMG_0520 (resized).JPG

IMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).JPG

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

#4875 7 years ago

Also , make sure you at least polish the plunger shaft if not replace it .

#4876 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks, Mr. T. This project called for a brew or two to get through

Beer is the nectar of the gods !!

#4877 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

BTW is that a new coil sleeve too? Make sure you install that with the flange end on the back of the coil...
http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/03-7067-6/detail.jpg

Not sure what the front or back is on this coil, but I installed it the same way the old one came out. The coil sleeve you're seeing is the one it shipped with, not the one I'm using tho.

#4878 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So mr_tantrum sent me these three stickers for a very minimal charge. They didn't make my gameplay any better, but they look great none the less. Thanks, Mr. T. This project called for a brew or two to get through.

Look'n good Charger500! I see your pooch photo bombed your DH close-up pic. Also, what kind of redneck getup is that with your light switch?

#4879 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thank you so much for doing this for me Tantrum.
Now I have an option on what to use to cover the locks. I really like it.

Happy I could be of assistance, enjoy!

#4880 7 years ago

Mr. T
I got my stickers tonight, very good quality. Thanks again.

#4881 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Not sure what the front or back is on this coil, but I installed it the same way the old one came out. The coil sleeve you're seeing is the one it shipped with, not the one I'm using tho.

Good, because that sleeve wouldn't work correctly

#4882 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Mr. T

You are welcome. Would love to see pics on your pin when you get to it.

#4883 7 years ago

Hey Tantrum, got the donut and hairpin decals today and they are BEAUTIFUL. Top notch job.

#4884 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would love to see pics on your pin when you get to it.

I am going to bend a piece of plastic to put the decal on so not to have the notches and screws on it.

#4885 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Tantrum, got the donut and hairpin decals today and they are BEAUTIFUL. Top notch job.

Glad you like them. Give us some pics when you get your Getaway all spruced up.

#4886 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I am going to bend a piece of plastic to put the decal on so not to have the notches and screws on it.

Now that is something I would love to see. If successful, would love some DIY instrucyptins to make my own.

#4887 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

That sounds interesting, if you could design a mask that would only let light through the doors, windows and sign you could light them up from behind maybe.

#4888 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Glad you like them. Give us some pics when you get your Getaway all spruced up.

I'll have to wait till a buddy comes over with a good camera.

#4889 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

DIY instrucyptins

If mine doesn't look like crap I will let you know for sure.

#4890 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll have to wait till a buddy comes over with a good camera.

Oh yeah, I forgot you don't take pics. Maybe a crayon rendering?

#4891 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh yeah, I forgot you don't take pics. Maybe a crayon rendering?

I don't have any crayons....so there.

#4892 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

For all the good Grumpy does on this forum i would give it too him for free and help pay for that honour ...

#4893 7 years ago

Also, just wanted to say thanks to the anonymous Pinsider who graciously printed many of my vinyl,graphics. It was a very nice contribution, and glad to see that everyone is enjoying them.

#4895 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look'n good Charger500! I see your pooch photo bombed your DH close-up pic. Also, what kind of redneck getup is that with your light switch?

The mutt's name is Winston. I'd like to teach him how to play pinball, so i could someone to play with. The taped light switch keeps someone from accidentally turning of the pin, cause the outlet it's plugged into is switched. I need to change it.

#4896 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The mutt's name is Winston. I'd like to teach him how to play pinball, so i could someone to play with. The taped light switch keeps someone from accidentally turning of the pin, cause the outlet it's plugged into is switched. I need to change it.

I can just imagine your having the game olf your life, about to top your best score ever, lights are dim, and them somebody walks into the room thinking it's too dark, and they flip the switch thinking it controls the lights . . . Priceless!

#4897 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can just imagine your having the game olf your life, about to top your best score ever, lights are dim, and them somebody walks into the room thinking it's too dark, and they flip the switch thinking it controls the lights . . . Priceless!

KILL!!!.

#4898 7 years ago

I almost hate bringing up this topic because I've seen countless forums addressing supercharger issues, but thought I would give it a shot. Just noticing in some videos of others recently how fast their superchargers are. Since I bought my pin, I've always pretty much had loops in the 110-130 range. All optos have been replaced and tested successfully, each magnet has been tested individually and works, although seem weak. If testing a single magnet, ball will usually make a loop or two before it will not make it all the way around again and drain (the 3 seem similar in power with maybe one a little weaker than the other two). This also occurs with brand new balls (ie not a magnetized issue). The good news is my SC is fully functional, but I know it could be better.

So, my question is how do I make my SC faster? After all, part of the pin's name is "High Speed". Do mags go bad, and if so how do test? Is this an accelerator board issue, and if so what do I look for? FYI, this was an issue before and after replacement of my CPU and power driver boards.

#4899 7 years ago

I would first go in and test the values of everything on your supercharger board. Lots of the same parts, so just check them to see if there are any inconsistencies, and if so, replace. I just did this and every component that was the same matched up besides a TIP which was where the failure in mine was occuring.

#4900 7 years ago

Maybe wax the supercharger ramp and loop? Also, are you sure that the ball is not hitting the top hairpin turn plastic as it jumps off the loop to make another round? Mine was and was slowing it down each loop. I washered the plastic up about a 1/4" and now the ball clears.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.