• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 97 votes
    35%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 279 votes by 278 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball (resized).PNG
IMG_20200403_105125~2.jpg
CC6AE388-B7B5-473D-BF37-B1E2CA98EF8C (resized).jpeg
2C5DFA54-A34A-485C-8B42-D9AB99A66292 (resized).jpeg
380949B0-220C-4381-8E85-8634BF3C59AE (resized).jpeg
7A0BC7C9-9305-48DA-9392-446FA50FE2B0 (resized).jpeg
37B66112-0AA6-4BE4-B0C2-F3470DC8C0CE (resized).jpeg
66FEB279-D072-4EBB-99EC-E9DC2580EC08 (resized).jpeg
FD553AF1-DADF-4E6A-81DC-4D1EFD3E2FD6 (resized).png
SC.gif
IMG_3588 (resized).JPG
IMG_3694 (resized).JPG
IMG_3693 (resized).JPG
F16856C5-C39B-49CC-9E75-2E8264AE4405 (resized).jpeg
C722F885-C144-4B84-8B3C-8028A79C5DA7 (resized).jpeg
30A4E3F1-2BB4-42CB-A96D-6ED4ECA54E62 (resized).jpeg

There are 10534 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 211.
#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I thought that the ball lock was supposed to be the hideout?
These do look really good though.

What better place to hideout than the Donut Shop? In other words - right in plane sight where the cops hangout . . . they would never suspect you being there.

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I added a couple more. Personally, I don't like #6, but am surprised with #7 as I thought the spacing would detract. However, after seeing it, I like it. Can we please get a consensus from those who wish to purchase as I don't want to leave anyone out?
For what it's worth, my top 2 choices are #7 & #3
Also, I lightened the windows a little so the neon sign would show up better. I originally was going to do blue windows (similar to Duncan DH cover), but 1) it detracts from the neon and 2) I like the black better inside the pin. Thoughts on this?

Whatever you go with is fine with me.

#4703 3 years ago

Aren't there three different animations for each ball being locked? How would it look to have the art from the DMD displayed in a comic book block style on a decal to go on the cover?

My game came with a Donut Heaven mod and I don't appear to have that cover. Where can I find one?

#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What better place to hideout than the Donut Shop? In other words - right in plane sight where the cops hangout . . . they would never suspect you being there.

The cops hang out there.

#4705 3 years ago

Okay guys, here is my final version. I will post to download site & these are the ones I will produce. Thanks for everyone's input and patience!

DonutHeaven4.jpg

#4706 3 years ago

I like it! I'm glad the cops were hiding out last night after my pinball league. I made it home in record time.

#4707 3 years ago

It might be too late to chime in, but my thoughts,

Donut Heaven Doughnuts does look weird, so changing 'doughnuts' makes sense, but graphically I don't think having two words in the bottom line works, one word with even kerning looks much better. So if I were to pick, I'd find a single word for the bottom row. 'Bakery' would work, or 'patisserie' if you want to get fancy. The simplicity of 'bakery' makes more sense if it works graphically. But you might need a wider font and slightly wider kerning to avoid having dead space.

#4708 3 years ago

Also, could you make the icon in pinkish red instead of purplish red, our CEO likes pinkish.

#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Also, could you make the icon in pinkish red instead of purplish red, our CEO likes pinkish.

I appreciate all the input, but I've already gone to press.

At first, I too wanted a single word, but I don't really mind what we settled on. After all, the design is an homage to Krispy Kreme not an exact copy.

Regarding the coloring, it will look a little different on monitors and even in print. I color picked from actual images available on the web. I basically noticed 2 shades: a lighter color and a darker color (which did not seem to be as prevalent). The image I ended up choosing my colors from is the one that is on the header of the actual Krispy Kreme website.

As a FYI, these are going to be a very limited run and not sold for real profit. I am not a company, and not looking to make any more than to compensate me for mailing these out and a little bit of my time to create the artwork. In the end, it adds a little variety and levity to the game, and what better theme to have for a donut shop then KK?

#4710 3 years ago

I think it's cool, Mr. T. KK, to me is the definitive donut store, in America. DD is 2nd for sure. Tim Horton is really good too, but I think only available to our Canadian friends. Have no idea what a country outside of the US would be, if any.

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I think it's cool, Mr. T. KK, to me is the definitive donut store, in America. DD is 2nd for sure. Tim Horton is really good too, but I think only available to our Canadian friends. Have no idea what a country outside of the US would be, if any.

Tim Hortons is the king around Western New York, put a lot of DD out of business. Krispy Kreme stores are also gone.

#4712 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I appreciate all the input, but I've already gone to press.
At first, I too wanted a single word, but I don't really mind what we settled on. After all, the design is an homage to Krispy Kreme not an exact copy.
Regarding the coloring, it will look a little different on monitors and even in print. I color picked from actual images available on the web. I basically noticed 2 shades: a lighter color and a darker color (which did not seem to be as prevalent). The image I ended up choosing my colors from is the one that is on the header of the actual Krispy Kreme website.
As a FYI, these are going to be a very limited run and not sold for real profit. I am not a company, and not looking to make any more than to compensate me for mailing these out and a little bit of my time to create the artwork. In the end, it adds a little variety and levity to the game, and what better theme to have for a donut shop then KK?

I was just joking about the coloring thing, some level of self awareness that I was being nerdy in noticing spacing and layout.

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Tim Hortons is the king around Western New York, put a lot of DD out of business. Krispy Kreme stores are also gone.

Enjoyed TH when we we visited Niagara Falls. I could see how they beat DD.

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Enjoyed TH when we we visited Niagara Falls. I could see how they beat DD.

Heh, that's hilarious. When I lived / worked in Toronto, any time someone from the office travelled to the US, they were obligated to return with 6 dozen krispy cremes. But I find Tim Horton's is gross.

#4715 3 years ago

Now I want a few Hot Original Glazed Krispy Kremes.

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Now I want a few Hot Original Glazed Krispy Kremes.

I can help with that.

IMG_0549.PNG

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

That would be perfect!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm not talking to you after the events of Sunday afternoon.

Okay, I'm over the game and willing to talk to you again . . . I hate that Aaron Rodgers!

#4718 3 years ago

Ok so again, where does one find the original cover for the ball lock?

It prob wouldnt look good because of space issues but if the ball lock cover showed an image for each ball, I think it would look good. Having a donut shop as the ball lock looks good but doesn't make much sense as it's only the second ball being locked that has our driver doing a drive by of the donut shop.

IMG_9430 (resized).PNG

IMG_9431 (resized).PNG

IMG_9432 (resized).PNG

#4719 3 years ago

Besides the obvious like Marco, I wouldn't know where to look. But it is just a bent piece of stainless steel. You could fab one pretty easily I'd think. Someone with a machine shop or just a good set of tools could make one.

#4720 3 years ago

interstate
highway
fast lane
hide out

delicious
heavenly
licking good

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can help with that.

Take one look at me and you'll know that I've been there a few times. And the cool thing also is that there are three places along the way to Krispy Kreme to play pinball.

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm not talking to you after the events of Sunday afternoon.

GO PACK GO!

And we are not even healthy ... so many injuries to starters, especially our secondary ... BUT ... we do have RODGERS!

#4723 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so again, where does one find the original cover for the ball lock

Definitely could be made from some stainless, there's really not a lot to the plate to create, as long as the angle's are correct pretty much all good.

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so again, where does one find the original cover for the ball lock?
It prob wouldnt look good because of space issues but if the ball lock cover showed an image for each ball, I think it would look good. Having a donut shop as the ball lock looks good but doesn't make much sense as it's only the second ball being locked that has our driver doing a drive by of the donut shop.

Myself and other pinsiders that went with Mezel mods donut heaven might have the original bent metal you're looking for.

#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Myself and other pinsiders that went with Mezel mods donut heaven might have the original bent metal you're looking for.

I'd take one off your hands if you wanted a few bucks for it

#4726 3 years ago

You could put up a Wanted ad in the Marketplace.

#4727 3 years ago

Hey guys. I was referred to this thread as I am having trouble finding a specific playfield offset switch for my Getaway.

In order to technically keep from double-posting.... here's the link to my original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-playfield-offset-switch-problem#post-3544404

Thanks for any info you can provide.

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from DonutHeaven:

Hey guys. I was referred to this thread as I am having trouble finding a specific playfield offset switch for my Getaway.
In order to technically keep from double-posting.... here's the link to my original post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-playfield-offset-switch-problem#post-3544404
Thanks for any info you can provide.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-12688-1

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-12688

#4729 3 years ago

Thanks. Ordered 3 and received 3 of those but the wireform is not offset.

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from DonutHeaven:

Thanks. Ordered 3 and received 3 of those but the wireform is not offset.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't really read your post correctly, I thought you needed the switch assembly... but I see your issue.

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from DonutHeaven:

Thanks for any info you can provide

Posted this on your thread also
If you type these numbers >>> 5647-12073-33 into the search box on http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au website, think you'll find that is the switch you are looking for Ohhhhh and remember prices are in Aus dollars NOT US money so not as pricey as you may think!! ALSO, don't think you guys pay the GST added price like we do so cheaper again.

#4732 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If you type these numbers >>> 5647-12073-33 into the search box on http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au website, think you'll find that is the switch you are looking for Ohhhhh and remember prices are in Aus dollars NOT US money so not as pricey as you may think!! ALSO, don't think you guys pay the GST added price like we do so cheaper again.

Yeah you guys get screwed.

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey that looks right! Thanks, mate!

Googled my arse off and this is the first time I have seen a matching picture.

This hobby sure is fun, but it ain't cheap.

You sort of get addicted to the smell of burning rosin after awhile...

#4734 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah you guys get screwed.

We're at the bottom of the world ya know mate I guess it's how they justify petrol prices over here if you're out in the boonies miles away from the cities, mind you, the next town further away can be cheaper Go Figure

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

We're at the bottom of the world ya know mate I guess it's how they justify petrol prices over here if you're out in the boonies miles away from the cities, mind you, the next town further away can be cheaper Go Figure

Same here with gas prices here too, but it can be 15 cents a gallon cheaper 5 miles away and there are 2 big refineries within 15 miles of my house.

#4736 3 years ago

Top 6 reasons to move to Texas:
- Great weather year around (it can get hoy during the summer)
- Diverse Geography (lots to do, see, and enjoy)
- Affordable Realestate
- Wide open spaces with the convenience of the big city
- No state income tax
- CHEAP GAS (Petro for those of you down under)

#4737 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'd take one off your hands if you wanted a few bucks for it

I'll take a look. It should be in the cab. Will send you a PM if I find it.

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I'll take a look. It should be in the cab. Will send you a PM if I find it.

Found it. PM sent

image (resized).jpg

#4739 3 years ago

You know mr_tantrum after looking at that "hideaway" metal from mjw , I'm wondering if the two cutouts would line up with the windows in your Donut Heaven graphic? If so, I then wonder if I were to put a light strip under it, would the light pass through the graphic and appear to light up the Donut Heaven shop? AND, if that would look right, I would connect that light strip to the Lock lamp, so that when the Lock lamp is lit, the Donut Heaven light would come on inside the Donut Heaven shop. Would be pretty cool if that were to work out. Thoughts?

EDIT: After looking at both side by side, they don't appear to line up. I might put it in there anyway just to see how it would look, and mask the inside if light comes through where it shouldn't.

#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Found it. PM sent

Good job!

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

You know mr_tantrum after looking at that "hideaway" metal from mjw , I'm wondering if the two cutouts would line up with the windows in your Donut Heaven graphic? If so, I then wonder if I were to put a light strip under it, would the light pass through the graphic and appear to light up the Donut Heaven shop? AND, if that would look right, I would connect that light strip to the Lock lamp, so that when the Lock lamp is lit, the Donut Heaven light would come on inside the Donut Heaven shop. Would be pretty cool if that were to work out. Thoughts?
EDIT: After looking at both side by side, they don't appear to line up. I might put it in there anyway just to see how it would look, and mask the inside if light comes through where it shouldn't.

Now if someone would take it upon themselves to make a custom metal piece so the openings for the windows and door would do that I'd buy one.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Well, the answer is no as that was never a thought as by default there is no backlighting (plus they are just not positioned correctly for all the windows/doors in my designs. I've seen some designs that have these spots cutout in their decals, but my preference is to cover them in my designs. It is, however, and interesting idea but getting closer to the Mezel mod. What would work, IMHO, is if someone designed a clear plastic version of the cover that you put the decal on. You could "spot" the glass areas that would make them glow (plus they would be printed in lighter colors than the rest of the graphic).

#4743 3 years ago

I like your design better than that other one.

#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Top 6 reasons to move to Texas:
- Great weather year around (it can get hoy during the summer)
- Diverse Geography (lots to do, see, and enjoy)
- Affordable Realestate
- Wide open spaces with the convenience of the big city
- No state income tax
- CHEAP GAS (Petro for those of you down under)

Chris that is all true ... BUT ... then you would NOT live in "TITLETOWN USA" and NOT have the 13 Time "WORLD CHAMPION" Green Bay Packers as your football team!

You also would NOT have the LEGENDARY & HISTORIC "Lambeau Field" (The Frozen Tundra) as your shrine!

#4745 3 years ago

posted this in the main forum, but I'm getting crickets. Thought maybe I would try here!

I recently replaced the bulbs on my Getaway: High Speed 2 with CT LED's, and also replaced the crank assembly under the right flipper. I did not replace the solenoid, just the crank assembly and plastic sleeve that sits in the solenoid.

I got the machine put back together, and made it through 2 balls before the plunger stopped working. The plunger on the Getaway is a "shifter" that you push up or down to launch the ball. The shifter has other uses in-game, too - to shift gears during regular play, or shifting during video mode. These alternative uses still work, but the ball will not launch.

In my attempt to diagnose, I noticed that the mars lamp is not rotating as it had been. It still lights up, but does not rotate.
I did the solenoid test and nothing pulses on either the plunger solenoid or the mars lamp solenoid. I don't really know what to do from here. I tried switching the F104 fuse with F105, just to see if maybe I had burned one out. No change in the solenoid test.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Or where I should go from here as far as testing goes? Any help is appreciated

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

posted this in the main forum, but I'm getting crickets. Thought maybe I would try here!
I recently replaced the bulbs on my Getaway: High Speed 2 with CT LED's, and also replaced the crank assembly under the right flipper. I did not replace the solenoid, just the crank assembly and plastic sleeve that sits in the solenoid.
I got the machine put back together, and made it through 2 balls before the plunger stopped working. The plunger on the Getaway is a "shifter" that you push up or down to launch the ball. The shifter has other uses in-game, too - to shift gears during regular play, or shifting during video mode. These alternative uses still work, but the ball will not launch.
In my attempt to diagnose, I noticed that the mars lamp is not rotating as it had been. It still lights up, but does not rotate.
I did the solenoid test and nothing pulses on either the plunger solenoid or the mars lamp solenoid. I don't really know what to do from here. I tried switching the F104 fuse with F105, just to see if maybe I had burned one out. No change in the solenoid test.
Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Or where I should go from here as far as testing goes? Any help is appreciated

It could be a fuse, the fuses are as follows...

F101-F105, F116 = SB3A
F106-F113 = SB 5A
F114 = FB 8A
F115 = SB .75A

You need to do a fuse test with your multimeter to see if they are working but it is important to use the correct fuses.

You can try to do a test on the shooter, sometimes you'll get a shifter error and it may cause it to stop working, running the test and moving the shifter will clear the error but I wouldn't think it would work in the other phases if that was the case.

Also, and more likely the cause, do a switch test on the shooter lane, sometimes the wire will come off, or the diode is broken off so the switch won't register when the ball is in the shooter lane and it will just sit there, after a while it will launch the ball in a ball search. Check to see if everything is intact.

Mars lamp motors are known to fail after sometime, it could be that the motor is done but I'd test the fuses 1st.

Edit: I'll have to review more details on my schematics to see what goes where for the Mars lamp.

Edit 2: Check to see that the wires are all connected on the solenoid for the shooter, messing around with the PF and the flippers could have caused something to break off...

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It could be a fuse

My immediate thought is also a fuse

#4748 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply! like I said, I tried switching fuses around, f103-f105 (the lamp is f103, the plunger is f104), so I don't think it's that. I also checked for loose wires around the plunger and couldn't find anything. I'm VERY new to pinball ownership, so not real sure what I'm looking for. I will try the rest of your suggestions. Thanks again!

#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks for the reply! like I said, I tried switching fuses around, f103-f105 (the lamp is f103, the plunger is f104)

You said that the mars lamp motor is out (F103) and the plunger (F104) and you swapped the fuses between the 2......BUT if both fuses are blown that won't help you. As Tilt said, test both with a multi meter or if you have some 3A SB fuses, just change them over and see what happens. If it's a short somewhere you only risk blowing the fuses again.

#4750 3 years ago

Nah, I switched 3 of them, I put f105 in one of those slots

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 10534 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside