• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 198.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I installed the complete CPR plastics in mine (and did a full shop job while I was at it).
I also took one of the extra pieces they included and added it to the supercharger......what do you think?

That looks really sharp

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I installed the complete CPR plastics in mine (and did a full shop job while I was at it).
I also took one of the extra pieces they included and added it to the supercharger......what do you think?

Looks very cool, except I don't like how "The" obstructs the middle supercharger lite. If it is attached to the "Getaway" plastic, I might cut it and place it on the side of the supercharger ramp, right in front of "Getaway" as high on the ramp as I could place it. Just an idea...

#403 5 years ago

I like it a lot Astro. Looks fancy without being too much - Imo.

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Looks very cool, except I don't like how "The" obstructs the middle supercharger lite. If it is attached to the "Getaway" plastic, I might cut it and place it on the side of the supercharger ramp, right in front of "Getaway" as high on the ramp as I could place it. Just an idea...

Umm.....it does not obstruct the "middle supercharger lite" at all......not unless you're 4ft tall. That was just a camera angle thing.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Umm.....it does not obstruct the "middle supercharger lite" at all......not unless you're 4ft tall. That was just a camera angle thing.

I'm 4' 2 and 1/2"...

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm 4'2 and 1/2"...

No problem then... That's like, 10 meters??

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

No problem then... That's like, 10 meters??

No, more like 1.3 meters--but I'm hoping for a growth spurt soon...

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm 4' 2 and 1/2"...

Then you've cleared it by 2 1/2".

#409 5 years ago

I see you don't have the sticker on the ramp so I'll let you "Getaway" with it. Looks good....now light it up.

#410 5 years ago

Did you use a magnet to attach that?

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Did you use a magnet to attach that?

No, Double sided 3M tape used to hang frames on the wall. Got the wide stuff and It's almost as tall as the plastic. Clamped it in place and left it overnight. Appears to be holding fine so far.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No, more like 1.3 meters--but I'm hoping for a growth spurt soon...

I'm aware It was a lame joke playing on the fact that USA still doesn't use the metric system!

#413 4 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. Looking forward to modding and upgrading the audio. Looking to ditch the purple LEDs too, specifically in the backglass.

"Shift Gears!"

WP_20140920_002.jpg
WP_20140920_003.jpg

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Just joined the club yesterday. Looking forward to modding and upgrading the audio. Looking to ditch the purple LEDs too, specifically in the backglass.
"Shift Gears!"

WP_20140920_002.jpg 116 KB

WP_20140920_003.jpg 113 KB

Looks sharp but yeah get a more natural looking bg.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

"Shift Gears!"

WP_20140920_002.jpg 116 KB

WP_20140920_003.jpg 113 KB

Looks great Elfman, no fade on the cab with the red rails, legs and coin door! Sweet! Wax it up and after you do 3 loops in a row the ball goes so fast that you can not see it! That is a good thing. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#416 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Added the ball trough cliffy today. I am pleased with it. Looks SO much better.

Can you share with us where one buys this protector please?

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Can you share with us where one buys this protector please?

Directly from the man himself .

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

You must email him first telling him what you want.

He is also here on Pinside.

#418 4 years ago

New member here. Got mine about a month ago and love it. It's stock but in great shape with only a little cab fade. I was pretty bad at first but have gotten much better. My high score is 456,890,070 where I got a couple of super jackpots Even my one boy is getting multiball and jackpots. Fixing my supercharger issues (ball hitting the top plastic cover) really helped in making the game more playable and fun. Had some issues with the display but reseating the connectors seems to have fixed it. I've also had air balls go back into the cabinet several times. Found out that I am missing deflector plates so I will track those down.

Beacon light loves to stick even though it has a new motor. It just takes a tap to get it spinning again so no biggie. Sometimes you have to bop it every time it comes on.

I plan on using LED lights with some extras to light up dark places - just have not had the time to experiment. I definitely think the gauges need to be lit as well as the back left corner. The mountain mod also looks right at home. Is that available anywhere or was that a one time offer?

IMG_20141007_203540_845.jpg
#419 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

New member here. Got mine about a month ago and love it. It's stock but in great shape with only a little cab fade. I was pretty bad at first but have gotten much better. My high score is 456,890,070 where I got a couple of super jackpots Even my one boy is getting multiball and jackpots. Fixing my supercharger issues (ball hitting the top plastic cover) really helped in making the game more playable and fun. Had some issues with the display but reseating the connectors seems to have fixed it. I've also had air balls go back into the cabinet several times. Found out that I am missing deflector plates so I will track those down.
Beacon light loves to stick even though it has a new motor. It just takes a tap to get it spinning again so no biggie. Sometimes you have to bop it every time it comes on.
I plan on using LED lights with some extras to light up dark places - just have not had the time to experiment. I definitely think the gauges need to be lit as well as the back left corner. The mountain mod also looks right at home. Is that available anywhere or was that a one time offer?

IMG_20141007_203540_845.jpg 75 KB

Welcome to the club, your really rockin that game. Check out my topic "DIY Getaway Lighting Mod" for some ideas.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, your really rockin that game. Check out my topic "DIY Getaway Lighting Mod" for some ideas.

Yeah, I love what you did and will probably do the same.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

IMG_20141007_203540_845.jpg 75 KB

Getaway was not my first pin, but my second. More came and my first is gone, but not The Getaway! Mine is stock with only the mod flashers, but they are cool. I sucked at it at first and then loved playing it. The pin taught me how to be good at pinball!

For fun keep track of how many games you play over time in the audits. I played the crap out of mine and put in 1000+ plays in the year and a half I have owned it.

Great to see your kids playing and getting mutliball too! When you are ready, I would recommend T2 or WCS to add to it. WCS is a no brainer if your kids like pinball and T2 is fun if you are OK with the PG13 theme. I mean come on, just one? Pinballs are like Gremlins or rabbits!

Take your time and enjoy the ride. The start of Redline Mania is my favorite start of a Wizard Mode in pinball and I cant wait to get to it again!

Enjoy!

#422 4 years ago

I love nailing the super jackpot. At first I struggled to do anything in the game so it's a cool feeling to actually hit the goals of the game. My other favorite part is the 4th gear award - supercharger. I feel like a pro when I can hit the supercharger over and over to score big points.

I definitely want to get more pins. WCS is fun but not sure I want to own it. I do like T2 but next on my list is Funhouse - if I can find one.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

next on my list is Funhouse - if I can find one.

That's a fun game, just played it for the first time this weekend.

#424 4 years ago

Anyone ever have balls jam on the left rpm lane? Now and then the ball will catch something up top, below the supercharger and out of view, when hitting the left rpm loop. It sounds like it rattles around or there is one big clunk then it rolls back down. Other times it's completely smooth and fine. I don't see anything there that would snag the ball so it makes no sense. It's pretty frustrating when you nail the perfect shot for a jackpot and then get the ball rejected. Is this normal?

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone ever have balls jam on the left rpm lane? Now and then the ball will catch something up top, below the supercharger and out of view, when hitting the left rpm loop. It sounds like it rattles around or there is one big clunk then it rolls back down. Other times it's completely smooth and fine. I don't see anything there that would snag the ball so it makes no sense. It's pretty frustrating when you nail the perfect shot for a jackpot and then get the ball rejected. Is this normal?

I would say no. Are there any wires hanging low keeping the ball from making the shot?

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I love nailing the super jackpot. At first I struggled to do anything in the game so it's a cool feeling to actually hit the goals of the game. My other favorite part is the 4th gear award - supercharger. I feel like a pro when I can hit the supercharger over and over to score big points.
I definitely want to get more pins. WCS is fun but not sure I want to own it. I do like T2 but next on my list is Funhouse - if I can find one.

I just time out supercharge half the time, or take very, very conservative shots. The second I start trying to combo shots for supercharger I drain immediately. That mode hates me. Also Funhouse over T2 is just a no brainer.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would say no. Are there any wires hanging low keeping the ball from making the shot?

I've seen that problem before, but never diagnosed it. There are at least two rollover switches through there - perhaps the switches are sticking and the ball gets hung up on weaker shots?

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone ever have balls jam on the left rpm lane?

I've seen it on mine and can't figure out exactly what causes it, but I suspect it's ball spin. Not really sure though.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've seen that problem before, but never diagnosed it. There are at least two rollover switches through there - perhaps the switches are sticking and the ball gets hung up on weaker shots?

That's the only thing I can think of but I don't see how it could stop a fast moving ball. Only fast shots get snagged.

#430 4 years ago

You need to have someone play it and you observe the ball's behavior. That, or get the ball in hand and try to make it happen slinging the ball up there. You might be able to slowly get closer and closer until you can visually see what is happening.

#431 4 years ago

I'm so frustrated. The ball got snagged on the left rpm loop a little while ago and I lost a superjackpot in Redline Mania. Sigh. I did some maintenance today and played with it some more. I can get it to reject the ball when throwing it by hand but only once with a lot of throws. My only theory is that the side metal wall is not a smooth curve so maybe when a ball bounces in the right spot it sends it into obstacles on the other side. If I had to guess, I would say it gets caught about 20% of the time. Like NewPinOwner said, I do need someone else to help observe with the ramps removed.

I knew my rubbers were dirty but to my surprise so was the playfield. I cleaned things up with novus1 and a rubber cleaner. Now the ball seems to get caught up in the lock ramp more than usual. It looks like the ramp doesn't even lift sometimes when it should. The ball just stays stuck until the game does a ball search and lifts the ramp. It's done it before but not that much. I guess I have to learn to take those kind of things apart and figure out how to make it work better.

One thing I am curious about is the launcher. I know it's suppose to send the ball around the loop but mine rarely does. Today, with many plays it did it only once. Not a big deal but it's nice to take a shot at the lock when lit. I suppose if I waxed things it might help but is that typical? I would love to get everything working smoothly but maybe that's impossible.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thing I am curious about is the launcher. I know it's suppose to send the ball around the loop but mine rarely does. Today, with many plays it did it only once. Not a big deal but it's nice to take a shot at the lock when lit. I suppose if I waxed things it might help but is that typical? I would love to get everything working smoothly but maybe that's impossible.

Mine only does it about 50-70% of the time. I've heard that realigning the coil so it gets a good solid hit on the very center of the ball can make a big difference. Also check the gate that it has to shoot through before entering the playfield.

#433 4 years ago

O wow mine does it 100 percent of the time which I believe it is designed to do sounds like something needs adjusting which should be the metal guide and ball gate at the end of the shooter lane .

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's supposed to be 99.9-100% of the time. On mine I had an issue where it wasn't. I needed to adjust the plunger so it was centered on the ball and also the shooter lane guide.

See my thread there on how to fix it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-plunger-alignment

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

It's supposed to be 99.9-100% of the time. On mine I had an issue where it wasn't. I needed to adjust the plunger so it was centered on the ball and also the shooter lane guide.
See my thread there on how to fix it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-plunger-alignment

Thanks for linking that thread. I didn't even think of that. I went to go check and sure enough mine is not aligned. In fact, it looks exactly like yours in the pic so I am going to try the same adjustment.

#436 4 years ago

Had the infamous up/down ramp issue… found a broken link on the ramp plunger. After replacing, the new plunger/link were pretty stiff. I added 3 springs and that did the trick. Of course, it took me f%^&*g all day to figure that shit out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-ramp-problem-w-video

#437 4 years ago

Follow up: I am not happy about the hack job but I got it working much better. I started by shimming the plunger. It looks straight and centered now but it only helped a little. What did the trick was moving the metal side rail that guides the ball. I had to push it as far back as it would go. I can't test it too much because my kids are sleeping but I am happy with the results. It launched successfully 6-7 times in a row and it's never done that since I owned it. Thanks, Steve.

#438 4 years ago

So my flipper coils were lined with yellow duct tape. I put in some new ones and they feel weak, but this is what was recommended for them. Can someone tell me what their game has? (Also I have all new sleeves and bushings as well)

#439 4 years ago

And just to think, it all started with me wanting to install a cliffy for the mountain scoop ....

It_All_Started.jpg
#440 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And just to think, it all started with me wanting to install a cliffy for the mountain scoop ....

It_All_Started.jpg 76 KB

Gee where have I heard that before. Are we having fun yet.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It_All_Started.jpg 76 KB

I'm keep-n up w/ Yr Y_Tube video's about yr faulty HS2 S.Charger bro .. Dial it N around 80 & Yr Ok

#442 4 years ago

Hey B_R. I am tracking with you my man. HS2 is pretty well torn down save for the pop bumpers and some random trim. I used the Mother's Aluminum Polish you recommended - holy crap. The stuff I got off is insane. Gone full in to install the scoop cliffy while I'm in here. It's a dang mess, but I got control of it. Watched your videos - rivets on my diverter are ok. I will be thoroughly cleaning the SC and everything with it, along with changing out the coil sleeve on the diverter and cleaning up any joints I can see.

This definitely just became a weekend project, but hey, no problem!

Couple pictures from all of the fun. Sorry that they're not in any discernable order. I'm busy applying the second coat of wax right now.

20141017_171628.jpg20141017_225010.jpg20141017_225016.jpg20141017_225023.jpg20141017_171746.jpg20141017_172123.jpg20141017_172151.jpg20141017_172136.jpg20141017_172408.jpg20141017_185107.jpg20141017_185002.jpg20141017_185015.jpg20141017_185534.jpg20141017_190041.jpg20141017_190608.jpg20141017_190404.jpg20141017_190615.jpg20141017_190623.jpg20141017_190754.jpg20141017_190805.jpg20141017_190932.jpg20141017_192319.jpg20141017_192328.jpg20141017_192643.jpg20141017_192651.jpg20141017_192844.jpg20141017_194944.jpg20141017_192854.jpg20141017_195004.jpg20141017_195019.jpg20141017_195012.jpg20141017_195907.jpg20141017_195034.jpg20141017_220806.jpg

#443 4 years ago

Thanks for posting...it helped me remember that this thing was built like a tank.

#444 4 years ago

It's lOOk-n Good bro ... I want to see the next video of Yr S.Charger dial'd N Fast !!
Ohh Yea ,, Mother's is some gOod Stuff .. U need some Blue Police Flasher's on Yr Pin ,,
I can Help U w/ that ... I'll check back w/ ya 2-morrow ,, later

HS2 shop 1.jpg
HS2 shop 2.jpg
HS2 shop.jpg
HS2 shop 3.jpg

#445 4 years ago

WOW your really divin into it, that's gonna look sweet. Have you thought about getting Comets led pop cap rings? Got um on my game in the faceted caps, they look great.

#446 4 years ago

Haven't thought much about doing that. I love my plain ol' bumper caps in traffic colors: red, yellow, and green.

Calling it a night for now. Got the scoop cliffy installed. Found a full rubber kit and couldn't help myself, changed all the rubbers tonight and gave the machine 2 coats of wax. I'll continue the rebuild into Saturday. I need to remember why I did this to begin with: to inspect and clean my SC and diverter ....

20141018_020136.jpg20141018_015518.jpg20141018_013146.jpg20141018_013137.jpg20141018_011956.jpg20141018_005203.jpg20141018_020150.jpg

#447 4 years ago

NPO ,, Pull the apron , what # is on yr p/f ? While Yr there , re-sleve yr Kick-back coil and polish the shaft .. gOod Morning !!

#448 4 years ago

How often do you need to wax? Seems like a huge job to take everything apart.

#449 4 years ago

Kickback assembly has been cleaned, polished, and reassembled. Pop bumper caps back as well.

20141018_102558.jpg20141018_103419.jpg20141018_103752.jpg20141018_103945.jpg20141018_111858.jpg20141018_111902.jpg20141018_121905.jpg20141018_123816.jpg20141018_124253.jpg20141018_124747.jpg

#450 4 years ago

I've hit the super jackpot a few times in redline mania but it only gives me 50m. That's the same in multiball but thought it was 100m. I don't watch the score so not sure if the display is wrong. Anyone else's do this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bel Air, MD
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside