• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 277.
#4401 7 years ago

Yes, I know that it seems like a lot - but that's just what the market is going for right now. There aren't very many of these left and there are a lot of collectors out there right now that want them. I sold a snow covered one earlier this year for more than that.

#4402 7 years ago

Mine was snow covered. I guess I didn't realize it was worth that much. TiltMonster you got a bargain. Hope you enjoy it.

#4403 7 years ago

Well it is rare and custom painted. Just sayin.

#4404 7 years ago

If I can get 10 people to commit to buying a mountain from me for $150 then I would be glad to buy a 3D printer, design a mountain, and make them for you. If they are really in demand then why doesn't the original creator make another batch? Sounds like a cash cow . . . just sayin'.

BTW, I am not really serious about reproducing these since I don't personally care for them (not to mention getting sued, or at least being on the receiving end of a cease and desist letter), but if anyone wishes to contribute to my 3D printer fund then I'm not too proud to accept your donations.

#4405 7 years ago

Huh, I guess so who would thought but I wouldn't pay close to that much for the mod... I suppose this hobby is spinning out of control with the prices and its seems like it wasn't too long ago a you could buy a good pin for 2k or less.

#4406 7 years ago

True. I felt that I paid too much for my Getaway, $2,600. But compared to what others were selling for, it seemed like a deal, especially since it was already given an LED makeover and had the mountain and donut heaven mod included. I made some of it back by selling the mountain and the donut heaven. This isn't a cheap hobby, for sure. I'd like to get another one, but dropping $5 or $6K is some real money, in my mind and so a tough decision.

#4407 7 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm looking to sell my grey mountain mod and want to see what the interest is. PM me if interested.

I know "to each his own", but kind of looks like the Blob is invading the Getaway (I am glad that the mountain was nixed from the original design). However, I know these are a desirable commodity for some, but whoever buys this should at least have painting skills to make it match the overall theme.

#4408 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

What am I missing here?
Also, during the begining of Multiball, all balls get released at once. Is there supposed to be a delay for each individual one?

Just noticed these white screw caps for the first time. Does anyone have these on their pin, what are they called, do they come in different colors? Don't know if I like them or not yet, but thought I would ask.

#4409 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know "to each his own", but kind of looks like the Blob is invading the Getaway (I am glad that the mountain was nixed from the original design). However, I know these are a desirable commodity for some, but whoever buys this should at least have painting skills to make it match the overall theme.

I like the mod, to me, mods are all about tasteful enhancements and can easily be over done and in this case, I prefer the painted one over the antiqued one; however, as I've always said, mods are subjective. This one was only nixed from production because of the costs and probably would have been left in if they weren't trying to bring down the costs.

As for the hobby, it once was a market driven by operators selling their worn out, outdated pins after they had been paid for and they made back their ROI or they needed to move on to something that would earn better... today with all the HUO pins people try to sell them for more than they paid or expect to get all their money back including upgrades. People are free to ask whatever they want when selling a pin or parts, doesn't mean they will get it but in todays out of control market with Stern & JJ getting 10-15k for a NIB nothing would surprise me.

Blue no flash (resized).jpgBlue no flash (resized).jpg
Blue table 2 (resized).jpgBlue table 2 (resized).jpg

#4410 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I sold my mountain to Tilt for about half that.

I paid $114 USD for mine ( snow covered ) from Pinball Toys in 2013 ( shipping in to Canada included ).

Loonie and green back were @ par then.

#4411 7 years ago

Weird that this mountain was removed as a cost cutting measure, doesn't seem like an expensive part.
It was probably the heating and vacuum forming labor / time / painting that would have been where the cost savings were.
Were any other playfield details eliminated to save cost on HSII ?
Always liked the two spinners on the first HS.

#4412 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just noticed these white screw caps for the first time. Does anyone have these on their pin, what are they called, do they come in different colors? Don't know if I like them or not yet, but thought I would ask.

Action pinball sells these in black and white. Just look up rubber caps at their website. Some people like them for the ease of removing plastics when nedded.

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I like the mod, to me, mods are all about tasteful enhancements and can easily be over done and in this case, I prefer the painted one over the antiqued one; however, as I've always said, mods are subjective. This one was only nixed from production because of the costs and probably would have been left in if they weren't trying to bring down the costs.
As for the hobby, it once was a market driven by operators selling their worn out, outdated pins after they had been paid for and they made back their ROI or they needed to move on to something that would earn better... today with all the HUO pins people try to sell them for more than they paid or expect to get all their money back including upgrades. People are free to ask whatever they want when selling a pin or parts, doesn't mean they will get it but in todays out of control market with Stern & JJ getting 10-15k for a NIB nothing would surprise me.

I'm not criticizing anyone for their taste, it is subjective after all, but if I were to have a mountain mod I would follow after yours. The color scheme definitely matches the theme better and your custom plastic with snow tops it off. I also think those who have kept the original plastic and lit it looks better.

Another observation - blue caps on the SC, that's a creative change. Do you like them better than red? I ended up changing out all of my star posts this weekend from red/yellow/green to just red, and am happier with it now. Kind of fun to change things up on the pin every now and then.

#4414 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Action pinball sells these in black and white. Just look up rubber caps at their website. Some people like them for the ease of removing plastics when nedded.

Thanks. After checking them out, don't think I would be interested. Didn't know if they had different colors or chrome or something. Also, many of the plastics require screws and not nuts. The non-uniformity would drive me crazy of having these in some spots but not others.

#4415 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wait a sec... For $900, the PF isnt even dimpled on both sides??! I'll pass.

What does dimpling mean?

#4416 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

What does dimpling mean?

Putting impressions where screws should go. Most playfield reprod have them. Mine was a first run so perhaps the new run will have them. He did note that he was dimpling in a post so hoping that's the case.

#4417 7 years ago

Hello to all

Yes, we are busy setting the dinple holes for the second run.

Have a nice Sunday

#4418 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They're called "post caps", they were replaced by nylon acorn caps in the mid 80's and those were replaced by nylock nuts in the late 80's. No pinball company has used them since the early 80's, and they dont belong in a Getaway or any other modern SS pinball machine.
But if you can't help yourself from changing virtually every last element of your game... Go nuts at Titan... https://www.titanpinball.com/image/cache/catalog/Silicone%20Rings/Post%20Caps-800x800.jpg

#4419 7 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm looking to sell my grey mountain mod and want to see what the interest is. PM me if interested.

It's been sold, thanks.

#4420 7 years ago

Snagged the mountain mod, little Christmas gift for myself. I've been wanting one for awhile. I think I prefer the gray model too...

In a side note, I can't see how this is a copyrighted part that requires a license to reproduce though. It was just a prototype plastic facade of a mountain for crying out loud, not even ever sold by Williams. Seems like a good market for someone to copy and reproduce. Perhaps even a new original design mountain would be worthwhile.

#4421 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You need chrome screws now. Is that from Starship or Marco?

I got it from Marco..

#4422 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I got it from Marco..

Can you tell if the plastic is thicker then your old one? Starship theirs is better because the plastic thicker.

#4423 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can you tell if the plastic is thicker then your old one? Starship theirs is better because the plastic thicker.

I would be interested to know if one is better than the other also.

#4424 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would be interested to know if one is better than the other also.

If Starship actually has those covers made, then that's where Marco gets them from. So they are one and the same.

#4425 7 years ago

Hey guys, I am currently on the lookout for a mountain mod that is painted (not gray). If any of you have one that you would like to sell, or if you find any leads to where I could buy one, please pm me.

I just played a HS2 that has the mountain mod, now I want one.

#4426 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I might find the metal left drain lane ball guide? Mine is missing, and some previous owner installed a metal rail in its place. Rail is functional, but if I can pickup the right part for cheap then I would do so.

#4427 7 years ago

Hi.
I should habe a left drain guide.
Send me an PM

Peter

#4428 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone know where I might find the metal left drain lane ball guide? Mine is missing, and some previous owner installed a metal rail in its place. Rail is functional, but if I can pickup the right part for cheap then I would do so.

Thanks to those Pinsiders who replied. I now have the proper lane guide on its way to my house. Stopped by Ace Hardware and bought the little pieces I will need. Only issue is that the closest spacers I could find are off-white vinyl 3/16 (assuming these will be close enough to the 5/32 without causing issues). Will probably see if I can color them black with marker or paint (depending upon how it looks). I'm assuming originals were metal? Can someone please post a nice close up of the two standoffs for the thin part of the guide that runs parallel to the side of the cabinet?

#4429 7 years ago

I am finally in the club ... or I should say my grandson Jayden will be, as of Christmas morning!

Very special THANK YOU's go out to Chris, Paul & Brad for making this happen. I am thrilled and I know Jayden will be also ... such a great, fun and addicting pin.

Dan

20161223_190556 (resized).jpg20161223_190556 (resized).jpg

20161223_190306 (resized).jpg20161223_190306 (resized).jpg

20161223_190102 (resized).jpg20161223_190102 (resized).jpg

20161223_190949 (resized).jpg20161223_190949 (resized).jpg

20161223_190141 (resized).jpg20161223_190141 (resized).jpg

#4430 7 years ago

A few more ...

20161223_194620 (resized).jpg20161223_194620 (resized).jpg

20161223_194849 (resized).jpg20161223_194849 (resized).jpg

20161223_191007 (resized).jpg20161223_191007 (resized).jpg

20161223_195214 (resized).jpg20161223_195214 (resized).jpg

20161223_195228 (resized).jpg20161223_195228 (resized).jpg

#4431 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I am finally in the club ... or I should say my grandson Jayden will be, as of Christmas morning!

That's a pretty nice Christmas present there Grandpa!

I just joined the club myself last weekend, mine needs a few mechanical repairs but otherwise a sweet ride!

#4432 7 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

That's a pretty nice Christmas present there Grandpa!
I just joined the club myself last weekend, mine needs a few mechanical repairs but otherwise a sweet ride!

Welcome to the club! Thank you, just trying to get him involved in pinball and he loves cars and police officers, so this is the perfect pin for him ... AND ... who am I kidding, ME ALSO!

#4433 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Welcome to the club! Thank you, just trying to get him involved in pinball and he loves cars and police officers, so this is the perfect pin for him ... AND ... who am I kidding, ME ALSO!

Just curious, how old is your grandson? I wish one of my relatives would have given me a pin for Christmas, better than underwear, that's for sure!

#4434 7 years ago

He is 6 but has taken some interest in my pins and games lately ... I would love it, if he gets involved into this hobby and enjoys it as much as I do.

#4435 7 years ago

My wife is not into pinball much at all. I have 3 grown daughters all over 20 and my grandson's mother loves to play all my stuff, both other daughters play a little bit now and then.

I'm hoping my little buddy becomes a permanent pinball buddy with me
He is a great kid and I love spending time with him, as I do my whole family.

#4436 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Very special THANK YOU's go out to Chris, Paul & Brad for making this happen. I am thrilled and I know Jayden will be also ... such a great, fun and addicting pin.
Dan

Hey Dan, you did a GREAT job. You HAVE to get a face shot of him when he rounds the corner and see's it for the first time. Priceless! He will remember this for the rest of his life. If you need another mod for it I have red Leg Light-Ups that look great on it.

#4437 7 years ago

Paul

Thanks and I will get that kodak money shot of him, when he sees the pin. Yes, I want to do a couple of things to it soon and your leg light up are on the list!

#4438 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Paul
Thanks and I will get that kodak money shot of him, when he sees the pin. Yes, I want to do a couple of things to it soon and your leg light up are on the list!

Go greeen bay!

#4439 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Paul

If you could get video it would even be better. OK you know where to find me....I give quantity discounts too.

#4440 7 years ago

Welcome to the club, you two (DB62 & RONB).

Dan, the pin looks great! It's been fun helping you, and nice to finally see the pics . . . you have a great looking machine! Also, I just have to say, what a great grandpa. I've had a great experience with my 13 year old son working and playing together with my Getaway (first pin for me, ever). In addition to spending time together, we give each other a hard time about who's better, do a little trash talking, then of course dad has to show him who the pinball boss is (well, most of the time). Anything that brings a family together and builds those relationships is a good thing. I'm sure that your grandson will remember this for the rest of his life, and probably tell his friends and family long after we're all gone about how he loved his grandpa, and how special this Christmas was for him.

#4441 7 years ago

Did you know that you can put a custom message on the DMD that will display as part of the attract mode loop? It is in the menu system, so you should have it say something personalized for your grandson. It is kind of a pain the way you have to do it, but with a little patience it adds a personalized touch.

#4442 7 years ago

Not to toot my own horn, but I have to say that even though I've never been a big fan of the Donut Heaven mod, the more of them I see with the personal touches incorporating some of the art I created, the more I like them. Personally, I would have never thought of doing this, but I think the graphics (patrons, brick, cars, etc.) adds a lot to the overall look of the mod.

#4443 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

They're called "post caps", they were replaced by nylon acorn caps in the mid 80's and those were replaced by nylock nuts in the late 80's. No pinball company has used them since the early 80's, and they dont belong in a Getaway or any other modern SS pinball machine.
But if you can't help yourself from changing virtually every last element of your game... Go nuts at Titan... https://www.titanpinball.com/image/cache/catalog/Silicone%20Rings/Post%20Caps-800x800.jpg

Do I detect a pinball purist (not that there's anything wrong with that)? While I am going to pass on the post caps, your opinions, knowledge, and expertise are always appreciated . . . thanks professor.

BTW, I know that it is difficult to convey intent in these short posts, but I am being sincere in my comments and in no way sarcastic when I express my appreciation (albeit, in real life I can be a fairly sarcastic person - just ask my wife). I am still very new to this hobby, and I appreciate others taking their time to share insights and experiences to teach me more about it.

#4444 7 years ago

Question: What happens when you can't sleep and wake up at 3:00am on Christmas Eve?

Answer: You spend hours on Pinside passing the wee hours of the morning, and post 5 times in a row in the Getaway thread.

We'll, I'm done for the morning at getting ready for our annual Christmas road trip. I hope it has been a great year for all of you Getaway owners. I am appreciative and thankful for many things. Even though pinball is rather superfluous when compared to what really matters in life, I am also grateful for being able to get into this hobby this year and having so much fun with my Getaway. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all my Pinside friends who have helped me along the way.

#4445 7 years ago

If you ever pass through Memphis, Tantrum, you better hit me up for some beer and pinball.

#4446 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've had a great experience with my 13 year old son working and playing together with my Getaway (first pin for me, ever). In addition to spending time together, we give each other a hard time about who's better, do a little trash talking, then of course dad has to show him who the pinball boss is (well, most of the time). Anything that brings a family together and builds those relationships is a good thing. I'm sure that your grandson will remember this for the rest of his life, and probably tell his friends and family long after we're all gone about how he loved his grandpa, and how special this Christmas was for him.

LIKE !!!!! This is what's great about the hobby, the passion, the sharing, the stuff ups, the machine breakdowns, the fixing/rebuilds. It's great having fellow pinheads online you can share stories, learn off and copy their ideas BUT to be able to pass on to the next generation that same love of the steel ball mania, DUDE, that shit is priceless

#4447 7 years ago

Well of course, I have some family over for gifts, food and pinball and The Getaway wants to have a meltdown.

A game will start but before long the entire game locks up. The GI will start blinking and nothing is responsive. Hell, once the entire playfield went dark with only the speaker lights and the mini video display working. Another time, I restarted the game, the dmd was all garbled and scrolling down.

What the hell gives?

#4448 7 years ago

I reseat some connectors and played a game with no problems. As the game was running it's match game, I messed with the shifter and it locked up.

Then I turned it off and on and it began to hum and the display looked like this:

IMG_8968 (resized).JPGIMG_8968 (resized).JPG

IMG_8974 (resized).PNGIMG_8974 (resized).PNG

IMG_8973 (resized).PNGIMG_8973 (resized).PNG

#4449 7 years ago

As much as I like my flashy after market shift knob, I wonder if it causes more problems. I know it tends to want to stay in the down position unless I physically put it in neutral.

Anyone hand an extra standard knob to sell me?

#4450 7 years ago

More errors and the game locked up and some leds turned off while the game hummed.

IMG_8980 (resized).JPGIMG_8980 (resized).JPG

IMG_8978 (resized).JPGIMG_8978 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.