• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 277.
#4351 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Check your date on the Getaway release, as you are a decade early (1992, not 1982).
While I don't sit on the Supreme Court of Getaway judges, I accept your defense of the coupe given your cogent argument. Your.man card has been reinstated understanding that prosecution could appeal to a higher court.

Thank you. I feel vindicated. And so correcting the 1982 with the 1992 Getaway release, even more solidifies that the '32 Coupe should be granted inclusion in the game mods. I even found what appears to be a ZZ Top cover band image with a copy of my Matchbox Coupe, down to the flame job. (OK, that's a stretch.)

And I do have a period Matchbox Lamborghini Countach, but it's white, and so I didn't want to cross a white Lambo with a red one.

I do think about the theme, and how it will all tie in. Everyone makes mistakes. I used to part my hair in the middle in the early 80's.

6ed8c816bb2104bb88f97e4f33555fb2 (resized).jpg6ed8c816bb2104bb88f97e4f33555fb2 (resized).jpg

#4352 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Lamborghini Countach

You know, i reckon it's a Diablo

#4353 7 years ago

Selling a HS2, prototype, nice cabinet, leds, top side was shopped, $2600.

#4354 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You know, i reckon it's a Diablo

You're right. The roundish taillights vs. the trapezoid-ish ones. It's tough. They're all pretty close in style.

#4355 7 years ago

Subtle, classy enhancements to your pin are fine, but you've gone beyond enhancement to cheese! Stopit!

#4356 7 years ago

Don't know what you're saying. When I get a Lamborghini, I'm gonna paint it like this one.

IMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPG

#4357 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Selling a HS2, prototype, nice cabinet, leds, top side was shopped, $2600.

Is it listed in the Market? Link it so we can see it. There was someone on here not long ago looking for one.

#4358 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Don't know what you're saying. When I get a Lamborghini, I'm gonna paint it like this one.

If I ran into the guy who did that to that car, i'd give him a serious beat-down!

#4359 7 years ago

Hey at least I didn't put in one that looks like my car.

IMG_0089 (resized).JPGIMG_0089 (resized).JPG

#4360 7 years ago

Customs was being a bitch about it but this bad boy came in today courtesy of Bill aka NinJaBooT and his thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod

This was just a sample he had made and was a throwaway. The ones he is selling soon are thicker and of even higher quality and color. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. It looks so great in person.

IMG_8861 (resized).JPGIMG_8861 (resized).JPG

IMG_8863 (resized).JPGIMG_8863 (resized).JPG

IMG_8865 (resized).JPGIMG_8865 (resized).JPG

IMG_8866 (resized).JPGIMG_8866 (resized).JPG

#4361 7 years ago

The apron magnets are a cool idea, and I like the way he ties the artwork in on all of them.

I also notice you have a video mod on the left. What do you think about it, and can you mod video at all?

#4362 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The apron magnets are a cool idea, and I like the way he ties the artwork in on all of them.
I also notice you have a video mod on the left. What do you think about it, and can you mod video at all?

Oh I love the video mods. They are made by Sparky here on Pinside and I have them on all my games and yea I believe they can be modded. I'm not sure how though. Wouldn't it be cool to have episodes of COPS playing on it? As of right now it's a three minute or so video of police chases, the red lambo and helicopters flying about.

Sparky could best answer those questions. I know another modder had a video that could play whole episodes of shows but it might be a bit more expensive than my mod.

#4363 7 years ago

On another note, my right flipper acts very weird at times.

When I press the button, the bottom flipper sometimes flip twice in quick succession or hell, it sometimes doesn't flip at all.

I made sure the leaf switches weren't touching and that it made good contact with the flipper button. Any idea what would cause the flipper to act all wonky?

#4364 7 years ago

Do upper and lower behave the same? If just lower, with playfield down look into cab and see if any obstructions (wires, etc.)

#4365 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do upper and lower behave the same? If just lower, with playfield down look into cab and see if any obstructions (wires, etc.)

My tech buddy said "Did you check the end of stroke switches on the flipper under the playfield?"

Now I haven't a clue what a stroke switch is but I have eyes and will see if anything looks out of wack tomorrow if I get time to pull the playfield out.

#4366 7 years ago

In the leaf switch, see if the wood is still in between the metal leaves, sometimes the wood will fall apart after so many years. If so, you may have to replace the leaf switch.

#4367 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

In the leaf switch, see if the wood is still in between the metal leaves, sometimes the wood will fall apart after so many years. If so, you may have to replace the leaf switch.

I'll def take some pictures. The wood seemed ok. Maybe some slight play to the metal switch in between the wood but nothing major.

#4368 7 years ago

Hello to all

We are proud to announce that we are now starting a re-run on Getaway re-pro playfields.
Milling will start in January 2017, approx date of finishing April 2017

The price of the playfield is 750 Euro
The shipping price is 95 Euro shipped via air freight to the US and Canada.
Price approx in US$ including shipping is 895 US$

The shipping price for Australia via air freight is 105 Euro

The shipping inside Germany 18 Euro
The shipping price in the EC is 35 Euro
If the playfield remains in the EC / Germany then its + 19% VAT

We are now ready to start, the wood has been delivered, milling files and artwork are complete.

If you wish to be on the pre-order list, please send me an email directly to [email protected] with your postal address
and your cell phone nr. Please also send 100 Euro pre-payment via PayPal to [email protected] to confirm your order.
You may also pay up complete to secure the good exchange rate US$ / Euro

Lets get ready to rumble.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#4369 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We are proud to announce that we are now starting a re-run on Getaway re-pro playfields.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Got one coming for mine.

#4370 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Price approx in US$ including shipping is 895 US$
The shipping price for Australia via air freight is 105 Euro
The shipping inside Germany 18 Euro
The shipping price in the EC is 35 Euro
If the playfield remains in the EC / Germany then its + 19% VAT
We are now ready to start, the wood has been delivered, milling files and artwork are complete.
If you wish to be on the pre-order list, please send me an email directly to [email protected] with your postal address
and your cell phone nr. Please also send 100 Euro pre-payment via PayPal to [email protected] to confirm your order.
You may also pay up complete to secure the good exchange rate US$ / Euro
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

How many do you think you'll run?

#4371 7 years ago

Pin themed key chains look like a pretty simple DIY. Currently I switched mine out for keyless mech since I seem to be in and out so much. However, if I had a few US buyers lined up I would be happy to order the parts and make some for around $5 +shipping. I could do square with Getaway backglass image or round with center tach logo/medallion. Would just need 4 or 5 who were interested to make it break even for me. I guess I could do other pins if you Getaway owners want to outfit your collection, but I don't want to make it a business or completely steal the Aussie's idea.

#4372 7 years ago

It will be a small run, dont know exactly how many, still waiting on a couple of pre-orders.
Im mainly starting them off for the people whom have pre-ordered some time ago.

#4373 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Pin themed key chains look like a pretty simple DIY. Currently I switched mine out for keyless mech since I seem to be in and out so much. However, if I had a few US buyers lined up I would be happy to order the parts and make some for around $5 +shipping. I could do square with Getaway backglass image or round with center tach logo/medallion. Would just need 4 or 5 who were interested to make it break even for me. I guess I could do other pins if you Getaway owners want to outfit your collection, but I don't want to make it a business or completely steal the Aussie's idea.

Here's an idea of what they could look like.

keychain_sqr.pngkeychain_sqr.png

keychain_rnd.pngkeychain_rnd.png

#4374 7 years ago

Definitely worth the $50..

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4375 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looks awesome !! Mine is in pretty good shape but was thinking about getting a new one if the chrome looked really nice. How is the finish ?

#4376 7 years ago

Finish looks great I would definitely recommend it.. Mine just arrived today, only problem I noticed when I took it out of the plastic bag was a few scratches on the side.. Oh well it looks a 1,000 times better..

#4377 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looks great!

#4378 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Mine just arrived today, only problem I noticed when I took it out of the plastic bag was a few scratches on the side.. Oh well it looks a 1,000 times better..

Yeah, thats what im worried about. Mine is pretty damn nice but if i could get perfection above that i would get one but really not neccissary in my case. You on the other hand...that original was beat !! lol Big time upgrade for you. Looks awesome !

#4379 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mark me down for one!

#4380 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Mine's in good shape too but man that looks nice!

#4381 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You need chrome screws now. Is that from Starship or Marco?

#4382 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Has anyone on this site got one of these ? I am super keen but would like to talk to someone who purchased one Getaway or other in the past

#4383 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

#4384 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

I like that idea. I think the theme song would need to change to "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide";

#4385 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Has anyone on this site got one of these ? I am super keen but would like to talk to someone who purchased one Getaway or other in the past

Yeah i bought one from the first run and they are AWESOME in my eyes, see the pics and post here >>>
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/22#post-260

I do want to say this though, i have seen comments about repro playfields, not just The Getaway one's. It's a very subjective topic and people have different expectations and are also very different in their judgements. Let's put it in a question format!
Q1. Are repro's as good or accurate to the originals? A1. Many original playfields came out of the factory with faults!
Q2. How tough was Diamond Coat? A2. Clear coating is probably more advanced than it was back in 91/92!
Q3. Do i really know what i'm talking about? A3. Probably not BUT i was really happy with my repro playfield (leads me back to the subjective comment)

#4386 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

I've got a BOP from him and it's BEAUTIFUL. Getaway will be the same.

#4387 7 years ago

For those of you not familiar with ZZ Top (the group responsible for the theme song of our Getaways), the irony of it all is that the only member without a beard (the drummer) is Frank Beard.

#4388 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah i bought one from the first run and they are AWESOME in my eyes, see the pics and post here >>>
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/22#post-260
I do want to say this though, i have seen comments about repro playfields, not just The Getaway one's. It's a very subjective topic and people have different expectations and are also very different in their judgements. Let's put it in a question format!
Q1. Are repro's as good or accurate to the originals? A1. Many original playfields came out of the factory with faults!
Q2. How tough was Diamond Coat? A2. Clear coating is probably more advanced than it was back in 91/92!
Q3. Do i really know what i'm talking about? A3. Probably not BUT i was really happy with my repro playfield (leads me back to the subjective comment)

No doubt that is beautiful, and I would love to have one, so the question for me goes:

Q1: My Getaway PF is in good shape so is it worth $900.00? A1. I'm spending $750+ on an EATPM PF, whenever they get done and that PF is worse than my Getaway but not it's not terrible so, do I want to spend $1,650 on two new playfields, and many hours swapping them out or use that money towards another pin? You see, my answer is another questions and I guess it comes down to what type of pin do I really want, a flawless fully restored one or a very good original one...

#4389 7 years ago

I'm on the preorder list for a new playfield but I'm on the fence.

I wonder what the fellow owners on here think my Getaway is worth give or take with all the mods, color and, new decals and all the chrome.

I def won't get the money back on the new playfield plus the time to do the swap. Hmmm...

#4390 7 years ago

Im on the list and on the fence also. By the time it is shipped to canada it will cost me about $1400.00 all in. My playfield is still in pretty decent shape.

#4391 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Yes I did and documented much of it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap

#4392 7 years ago

For questions asking about is it worth it, I'd suggest if you're concerned about getting your money and time spent back out of it, you shouldn't swap one in. Mine played fine with lifted inserts and planking but I love the game and did it for me. But the quality of it was very good. Of the playfield swaps I've done this was the first one without dimpling on the back so it will take you some time to do it right. (Although according EDIT I'm a hack )

#4393 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Of the playfield swaps I've done this was the first one without dimpling on the back so it will take you some time to do it right.

Wait a sec... For $900, the PF isnt even dimpled on both sides??! I'll pass.

#4394 7 years ago

I'm looking to sell my grey mountain mod and want to see what the interest is. PM me if interested.

Mountain_Mod (resized).jpgMountain_Mod (resized).jpg

Getway_Mtn (resized).jpgGetway_Mtn (resized).jpg

#4395 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

No doubt that is beautiful, and I would love to have one, so the question for me goes:
Q1: My Getaway PF is in good shape so is it worth $900.00? A1. I'm spending $750+ on an EATPM PF, whenever they get done and that PF is worse than my Getaway but not it's not terrible so, do I want to spend $1,650 on two new playfields, and many hours swapping them out or use that money towards another pin? You see, my answer is another questions and I guess it comes down to what type of pin do I really want, a flawless fully restored one or a very good original one...

I wouldn't worry about the EATPM pf, the one that will be NEXT is Getaway so if you have the cash now go for Getaway buy it. A year or 2 down the road you'll have the pf and you can always decide then what you want to do. The key here is you'll HAVE it and if you get tight for money or sell the game I'm sure you be able to sell it for what you payed for it....maybe even make a small profit. It's like having money in the bank.

#4396 7 years ago

Just set my high score, and earned super jackpot for the first time ever. Sad part for me is that my game is set to 5 balls, but after hitting 300 million on my 3rd ball I pretty much drained the next two.

IMG_0491 (resized).JPGIMG_0491 (resized).JPG

#4397 7 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm looking to sell my grey mountain mod and want to see what the interest is. PM me if interested.

Pm sent.

#4399 7 years ago

LMAO!

#4400 7 years ago

I sold my mountain to Tilt for about half that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/88?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.