• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 99 votes
    35%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 285 votes by 284 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

39BEC5B3-8308-478E-A6CA-C6B9C7B548C5 (resized).jpeg
AC97EBC0-05DC-4FB8-BCB3-3CC2BCA12869 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D9D4BE63-68D3-41F3-B2A6-3D0FFCEC17B7 (resized).jpeg
0849691c25e2256cdf18f251829c3a0d2d079ab5.jpeg (resized).jpeg
A58222C2-9831-4904-83A5-A4CA57BFD99A (resized).jpeg
4732551F-A755-440D-9C73-80AEF9D83764 (resized).jpeg
DonutHeavenNew10 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew09 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew08 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew07 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew05 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew04 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew03 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew02 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew01 (resized).jpg

There are 10668 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 214.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've had the machine for awhile now, was the 3rd pin i bought, so, about time i joined the club and posted a few pics. A BIG shout out and THANKS to Mezel Mods, i really LOVE the blue topper flashers, they add to the "feel" of the game (getting chased by the cops, driving like a loonie, wind blowing the hair back, etc, etc), errrmm NOT that i've done that mind you . I also dig the donut heaven store and the police car as well. I've added a few other bits (alternative translite, LED star posts all round and LED price cards). Must also give a big HOY and TY to Dave for the flipper toppers as well (Love your work mate). I've ordered the plastic set and can't wait to put those on too

DSC00725.JPG 148 KB

DSC00727.JPG 299 KB

Looks great but you haven't done my sling plastics light mod yet. Or lit up the highway on the back under the supercharger.

DIY Getaway light mod 3.JPG DIY Getaway light mod 4.JPG Highway 1.JPG Highway 4.JPG
#352 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great but you haven't done my sling plastics light mod yet. Or lit up the highway on the back under the supercharger.

I'm getting there i did put in a spotlight under the accelerator ramp, top right
I like the idea of lighting up the ramp and the sling plastics, will do those when i put the new plastic set on.

#353 5 years ago

OK, you have seen my topic then. And did you know that Comet just came out with their color changing strips?

#354 5 years ago

I used the comet strips too,no doubt they are the best option!
I used 3 of the 12v flashers ones too.One under each of the supercharger magnets.
Realy adds to the light show but isnt blinding.
A few green leds along side the stripleds really sets off the plastics.
Added a small lambo too with a strip light in it!
A before and after
2014-07-28 19.43.30.jpg 2014-07-26 10.58.16.jpg

2014-07-28 19.43.22.jpgAnd the little lambo.

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I used the comet strips too,no doubt they are the best option!
I used 3 of the 12v flashers ones too.One under each of the supercharger magnets.
Realy adds to the light show but isnt blinding.
A few green leds along side the stripleds really sets off the plastics.
Added a small lambo too with a strip light in it!
A before and after

And the little lambo.

2014-07-28 19.43.30.jpg 258 KB

2014-07-26 10.58.16.jpg 180 KB

2014-07-28 19.43.22.jpg 209 KB

That's good stuff. Makes a big difference.

#356 5 years ago

Added the ball trough cliffy today. I am pleased with it. Looks SO much better.

Picture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 004.jpgPicture 005.jpg

#357 5 years ago

That looks great......and gave ya a reason to get under the apron squeaky clean I hope.

#358 5 years ago

I sure did . Some some amounts of alcohol and some paper towels, and the wood underneath the apron is looking way better !

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I sure did . Some some amounts of alcohol and some paper towels, and the wood underneath the apron is looking way better !

Now for 2 or 3 coats of wax and your done. But since your under there how does the shooter coil sleeve and plunger look? Had that apart for inspection and cleaning?

#360 5 years ago

Just rebuilt my flippers tonight and my scores have dropped considerably. Have to get used to them being so much better. I can hit the supercharger from the left flipper now and my right flipper is a huge improvement. Can't believe I waited so long to do this.

#361 5 years ago

Glad you guys are keeping the thread going...I haven't been to pinside that much lately.

Quoted from Geocab:

Just rebuilt my flippers tonight and my scores have dropped considerably.

Yes, it seems to me that I need to rebuild teh HS-II flippers more than on any other machine, to make it play best.

Robert

#362 5 years ago

So, if you're like me, you see a speaker like this and shudder:

image006-691.jpg

Well, time to fix that problem. This speaker is available at Parts Express at this link:

http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

image002.jpg

That is exactly the speaker in the picture; it is a 100% plug and play install (in terms of fitting in the cabinet).

I love speakers like this - no super duper fancy packing. Just simple box, open and "ooo..ahhh!"

image003.jpg

Here is a comparison of the new and old.

image005.jpg

And here it is installed in HS2:

image001-893.jpg

Sounds darn good overall - well worth the money. Already installed one in BSD as well. For $30, you can't go wrong!

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, if you're like me, you see a speaker like this and shudder:

Well, time to fix that problem. This speaker is available at Parts Express at this link:
http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

That is exactly the speaker in the picture; it is a 100% plug and play install (in terms of fitting in the cabinet).
I love speakers like this - no super duper fancy packing. Just simple box, open and "ooo..ahhh!"

Here is a comparison of the new and old.

And here it is installed in HS2:

Sounds darn good overall - well worth the money. Already installed one in BSD as well. For $30, you can't go wrong!

image002.jpg 112 KB

image003.jpg 90 KB

image005.jpg 149 KB

image006-691.jpg 122 KB

image001-893.jpg 233 KB

I hope your right, I just bought 8 of them, one for Getaway and 7 other games. I put off buying new speakers long enough so thanks for the lead. The shipping is free but they say 5-10 days but hey my games are going no where. and ya gotta love free shipping.

#364 5 years ago

I already tested the speaker, and it works 100%.

Now I have factory backbox speakers, this new cabinet speaker, and the Polk external subwoofer.

It gets loud in here.

I am currently working on a cross-reference set of speakers for the backbox - won't have any results for a while. I am still finishing up BSD as well as learning how to rebuild flippers. Didn't know I needed a flipper bushing until after the order came in .... thankfully I didn't start the rebuild yet.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Now I have factory backbox speakers, this new cabinet speaker, and the Polk external subwoofer.
It gets loud in here.
I am currently working on a cross-reference set of speakers for the backbox - won't have any results for a while. I am still finishing up BSD as well as learning how to rebuild flippers. Didn't know I needed a flipper bushing until after the order came in .... thankfully I didn't start the rebuild yet.

Nice. If they are the original bushings they are long overdue for replacement.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It gets loud in here.

I used these in my Getaway:

BB speakers
https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl42bl-blue-label-4-coaxial-speaker-pair--267-078

L-pad
https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-l-pad-attenuator-50w-mono-3-8-shaft-8-ohm--260-252

Cross-over for the bottom speaker
https://www.parts-express.com/100-hz-low-pass-4-ohm-crossover--266-444

Cabinet speaker
https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-gw-8024-8-butyl-surround-woofer-4-ohm--290-356

#367 5 years ago

For your BB speakers, did those replacements hook right up with zero modifications? One of the factory speakers looks to be 3.5" and the other 5.25" - which would mean to me their mounting points are differently spaced.

How did it work for you?

#368 5 years ago

I don't get it. I rebuilt my flippers and was able to backhand the supercharger ramp. Now after a couple of days playing I cannot backhand the ramp anymore. All new parts except the mounting base. 1/16" gap so there's play in the bat. EOS switch closes right at full flip. Proper 11630 coils.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For your BB speakers, did those replacements hook right up with zero modifications? One of the factory speakers looks to be 3.5" and the other 5.25" - which would mean to me their mounting points are differently spaced.
How did it work for you?

I cut the hole larger on the 1 side, so there is no going back - but the sound quality is so much better than before.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I don't get it. I rebuilt my flippers and was able to backhand the supercharger ramp. Now after a couple of days playing I cannot backhand the ramp anymore. All new parts except the mounting base. 1/16" gap so there's play in the bat. EOS switch closes right at full flip. Proper 11630 coils.

Replace the appropriate bridge rectifier. It may be losing it's ability to regulate high voltage. Ive seen this a lot on Stern games where replacing it brings back super strong flippers again.

#371 5 years ago

BAD info. Post deleted - see my post further down the page for proper backbox speaker replacements.

#372 5 years ago

What's the power rating for the audio board in the game?

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What's the power rating for the audio board in the game?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The speaker doesn't draw power directly from the audio board's amp. You're not going to toast your on-board amp if that's your concern.

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_selection.html

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The speaker doesn't draw power directly from the audio board's amp. You're not going to toast your on-board amp if that's your concern.
http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_selection.html

Thanks, good read.

#375 5 years ago

I had 3 balls in the Supercharger today for the first time. My supercharger fortunately still flies and those balls were whipping around like bullets! Needless to say my 30 times around to light the Super Jackpot was done easily and I hit it for 100 Million! I love this game.

Thanks New PinOwner for the speaker advice. Great detail on the how to and what!

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I had 3 balls in the Supercharger today for the first time. My supercharger fortunately still flies and those balls were whipping around like bullets! Needless to say my 30 times around to light the Super Jackpot was done easily and I hit it for 100 Million! I love this game.
Thanks New PinOwner for the speaker advice. Great detail on the how to and what!

3 I've only done 2 once. Good job.

#377 5 years ago

Thank you - if you're referring to the dot us link I provided, that was by someone else. It is a bevy of great info, so I definitely wanted to share it with everyone. I appreciate it. One thing though - DO NOT go with the translite speakers in those photos. They put out WAY more bass then you'll want. I have since installed other speakers:

3.5" : http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-wave-plx32-3-1-2-coaxial-speaker-pair--267-770

5.25" : http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080

Those work GREAT. They each have tweeters, so your trebles (voice call outs) won't be drowned out by bass. This was mainly the case on BSD. Since these speakers come in pairs, I just swapped them out on HS2 as well. The price difference was staggering - nearly $90 less than the Daytons and these sound WAY better.

The cabinet speaker I installed earlier is still a great buy; I did NOT change that out.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Speakers017.jpg

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

3 I've only done 2 once. Good job.

It did take me a year and a half to do the 3 ball supercharger Redline Mania shot though and will probably take me a year and a half to hit it again. It was cool to see 3 balls at once flying back down the rail to the left flipper. My wife was even playing T2 next to me while it was happening and looked over and said "Whoa, what is going on there?!". Good play is always better when someone else sees it.

I kind of needed to do something special like that because last Saturday I walked away in last place on my league night and was felling a little down on my pin playing and pinball in general. That low felling lasted only 4 days. Good to be back!

How many of you have hit the 3 ball supercharger shot and how long did it take you to hit it? That is hit it with the glass still on.

Cheers!

#379 5 years ago

How many of you have hit the 3 ball supercharger shot and how long did it take you to hit it? That is hit it with the glass still on

I've done 3 balls in the supercharger a few times now (maybe 4 times or so), but i've got to say it was more arse than class

#380 5 years ago

Do you get extra points for getting 3 in the supercharger at once?

I only put 1 in there on purpose, because they can fly under the table if they collide

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Do you get extra points for getting 3 in the supercharger at once?
I only put 1 in there on purpose, because they can fly under the table if they collide

No extra points. If I recall, I was in Redline Mania and got one Jackpot and needed 30 loops for the next Jackpot and somehow got all three balls in the Supercharger quickly, before the first ball finished it's loops and came back out.
Don't know if the stars and shots will align like that anytime soon.

#382 5 years ago

Anybody install there new plastics yet?

2 weeks later
#383 5 years ago

OK, installed new plastics (check), went with the rebel ones (check), after being inspired by MustangPaul i've added a led strip for the highway and for the gauges (check), added green led strips under the plastics either side (check), added a MezelMod start key (check and LOVE it) and also added a 1/48th scale Lamborghini Diablo with led strip (CHECK). OHHH and also waxed and polished as well (and about time too). I'm really happy with the results, have i missed anything??

DSC00865.JPG DSC00867.JPG DSC00863.JPG DSC00866.JPG
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OK, installed new plastics

Nice looking game.

Robert

#385 5 years ago

Has anyone heard of PF's being done for these in the near-ish future?

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

You could ask PPS if they found any in the pile of playfields he just went through. If he does have one, look really carefully at the pics he sends you. The quotes I recieved for other games were way too high for the quality of the playfields he had. One even had drill holes through the right inlane.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm really happy with the results, have i missed anything??

You asked, the small car that goes on top of the right side plastic. The lightbar flashes when lock is lit. There is a pic of a car there, covers it. And the blue flashers next to the MARS lamp. Glad you like the key mod.

image-198.jpg

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You could ask PPS if they found any in the pile of playfields he just went through. If he does have one, look really carefully at the pics he sends you. The quotes I recieved for other games were way too high for the quality of the playfields he had. One even had drill holes through the right inlane.

Yikes! Ok, thanks; I'll have to check with them.

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You asked, the small car that goes on top of the right side plastic. The lightbar flashes when lock is lit. There is a pic of a car there, covers it. And the blue flashers next to the MARS lamp. Glad you like the key mod.

I've got the bigger cop car top left I'm not sure my machine can handle any more mods without having a break down, LOL
BUT yes i love your mods sir, and can i put a vote in for a mountain mod of your own design !!

#390 5 years ago

I vote for a Mountain too!

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

have i missed anything??

Just the mountain.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I actually have a pretty nice one for sale. I am in the process of stripping it down to clear coat it... but can sell it either way.

#393 5 years ago

I would like to tear mine down and do a clearcoat on it also. Just not cocky enough to do it yet.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just the mountain.

No Mountain?--perhaps not yet complete...

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OK, installed new plastics (check), went with the rebel ones (check), after being inspired by MustangPaul i've added a led strip for the highway and for the gauges (check), added green led strips under the plastics either side (check), added a MezelMod start key (check and LOVE it) and also added a 1/48th scale Lamborghini Diablo with led strip (CHECK). OHHH and also waxed and polished as well (and about time too). I'm really happy with the results, have i missed anything??

DSC00865.JPG 281 KB

DSC00867.JPG 224 KB

DSC00863.JPG 144 KB

DSC00866.JPG 266 KB

Thanks for the compliment, it looks GREAT but you did forget three.

Mountain 2.JPG Mountain 3.JPG Ramp ent 2.JPG Ramp ent 5.JPG Strip light 3.JPG
#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

DSC00865.JPG 281 KB

DSC00867.JPG 224 KB

DSC00863.JPG 144 KB

DSC00866.JPG 266 KB

What did you do to your flippers???

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the compliment, it looks GREAT but you did forget three

I've got the spotlight under the accelerator plastic, sooo 2 then
Will look into adding a led strip above the entrance ramp, and the 3rd?, where is the light attached for near the flippers?, on the front of the arch?

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What did you do to your flippers???

Sorry, forgot those, but i already had those attached earlier on. Those are flipper toppers, got them from Dave & Brenda on Etsy. I've got them on my JD, BOP and STTNG (different one's of course) and very chuffed to say i played a weeee teensie part in the Borg STTNG ones and the spaceman BOP ones (made a suggestion about the design)

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got the spotlight under the accelerator plastic, sooo 2 then
Will look into adding a led strip above the entrance ramp, and the 3rd?, where is the light attached for near the flippers?, on the front of the arch?

Just like this. This is Mustang but it's the same thing on HS2.

IMGA0986.JPG IMGA0987.JPG
1 week later
#400 5 years ago

So I installed the complete CPR plastics in mine (and did a full shop job while I was at it).

I also took one of the extra pieces they included and added it to the supercharger......what do you think?

WP_20140915_20_08_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20140915_20_08_42_Pro.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 10668 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 214.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside