• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 277.
#3851 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man, the more I look at it, the more I love the red. Is that powder coat or some other finish? Did you do it yourself (how) or outsource it (if so, what was approximate cost for legs, side rails, and lockbar if you don't mind sharing)?

Most likely pc. You live in a large city, look up coaters in your area and get a drop off and pick-up quote. For those parts I'd guess $200-$250. If you do go local tell them NOT to wrap them up cuz you want to inspect the quality when you pick the up and don't forget to get the 4 leg adjusters coated too.

#3852 7 years ago

Having more than one pin really helps the stress factor when problems show up. You don't feel like you have to jump on every issue right away and not be in a rush to fix. Enjoyment factor goes way up.

I have 2 rottendog boards in my Congo. I did have issues with one of them but rottendog fixed it for free even though I had no idea when it was installed. Game works great now. I recommend sending your original board out to get fixed. Having the original board helps the resell and you can always sell either board down the road.

#3853 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He is the first person I called. Told me minimum 4 week turnaround on my board and he actually currently has a 9 week backlog.

Well dang, I guess times have changed... nonetheless, if you do want the board serviced after you buy the new one, he does great work.

#3854 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you have a video of this in action? Even if a short one with phone you can email me if not? Would really like to see the effect before I decide to make the effort or not.

No I don't, I don't do vid but it looks really cool. The strip is on the back side inside the ramp not facing you so you don't see the strip just the glow of the red light inside the ramp. It looks similar to the last picture which is my Met Pro. But of course the ramp on Getaway is going sideways so you won't see it quite like that.

IMGA0903[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0903[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0904[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0904[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0905[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0905[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0914[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0914[1] (resized).JPG

#3855 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have red legs and pincabs on mine, but the rails and lockbar are a bit over the top for my taste.

classy lineup.

#3856 7 years ago

MustangPaul , does the strip light up when the ball is in the sc? Would be neat to me if that was the case. Sure it looks cool anyway. Also, I dig those red and blue pop caps. How do those look? What bulbs did you put under them? I'm just thinking of starting an easy mod first before getting any deeper, and the pop caps is where I plan to start, with the gauges a little later.

#3857 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know the parts are relatively cheap, and probably a relatively simple repair for someone with experience/skill repairing boards. On the other hand, I obviously caused more damage when I was trying to diagnose the original issue, so repairs went beyond just the one transistor. Additionally, I don't really like taking advantage of other's time and skills if I don't have too.

I understand, and respect your position... Just me trying to save the world again, one pin at a time.

#3858 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

classy lineup.

Thanks! Cant forget the "Lawlor Zone"! Who needs a guest-room anyway??

lawlor.jpglawlor.jpg

#3859 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thanks! Cant forget the "Lawlor Zone"! Who needs a guest-room anyway??

Awesome collection! BTW, just look at all the storage space you've created under the pins (or are those sub-woofers)?

#3860 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No I don't, I don't do vid...

What? Are you still using a flip-phone or something? Man, you are retro!

#3861 7 years ago

I heard the answer earlier, but just double checking. Will these fit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5035-22

EDIT: I just got an answer from Marco. They say no, they will not fit. Bummer. Like this grooved lens type look.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#3862 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...That's one reason we all have more then one game, one goes down we have more to play.

I was wondering how I was gonna break it to my wife that we needed another pin. "Honey, this one's broke, so I need another one so we don't have to stop playing."

#3863 7 years ago

MustangPaul, I'd love to come over and see your Getaway! Maybe I could use my Samsung phone and shoot a vid of the red lights in the super charger and get it here? You might be able to sell me some of those lighted legs too. I'll pm my phone number.

#3864 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man, the more I look at it, the more I love the red. Is that powder coat or some other finish? Did you do it yourself (how) or outsource it (if so, what was approximate cost for legs, side rails, and lockbar if you don't mind sharing)?

Most likely pc. You live in a large city, look up coaters in your area and get a drop off and pick-up quote. For those parts I'd guess $200-$250. If you do go local tell them NOT to wrap them up cuz you want to inspect the quality when you pick the up and don't forget to get the 4 leg adjusters coated too.

Thanks Mr T. Yes, they are powder coated. My guy does great work. Mine were done in two stages. First the red, and then a clear to make them pop. They turned out amazing. The cost was $160.00 Canadian for the legs, rails, and lockdown bar. I didnt do the leg adjusters ot the leg bolts as i wanted them to stay chrome to offset the red.

#3865 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks Mr T. Yes, they are powder coated. My guy does great work. Mine were done in two stages. First the red, and then a clear to make them pop. They turned out amazing. The cost was $160.00 Canadian for the legs, rails, and lockdown bar. I didnt do the leg adjusters ot the leg bolts as i wanted them to stay chrome to offset the red.

You've inspired me to maybe take a run at trying my hand at red vinyl wrap, as it should be fairly easy and inexpensive. While not as awesome as powder coating, would give me an alternative to tracking down someone and negotiating a price since I don't have a "guy" like you do.

#3866 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

MustangPaul, I'd love to come over and see your Getaway! Maybe I could use my Samsung phone and shoot a vid of the red lights in the super charger and get it here? You might be able to sell me some of those lighted legs too. I'll pm my phone number.

Whoa, that's brave . . . he might just lock you in his dungeon!

#3867 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You've inspired me to maybe take a run at trying my hand at red vinyl wrap, as it should be fairly easy and inexpensive. While not as awesome as powder coating, would give me an alternative to tracking down someone and negotiating a price since I don't have a "guy" like you do.

I guess you could try wrapping in vinyl but not sure how it would look. Certainly doable on the rails and legs but will need relief cuts to do the lockdown bar. If you decide to go with vinyl and have any questions i should be able to answer them as that is what i do for a living. im a professional vinyl applicator. almost 30 years in the biz.
In saying that, If you wanted to powder coat im sure there are many good affordable guys in you neck of the woods. The best way to find one in your area is to go to a few car mod forums and ask there. They like getting their trim, rims etc done and usually know the best guys. Thats how i found "my guy" .

#3868 7 years ago

Found this thread after seeing your red trim, and thought I might give it a whirl. This seems like a job I could do well enough without hurting anything and a nice rainy weekend project. If I like the look well enough in person and it doesn't hold up (or if I suck at wrapping vinyl), then I might consider taking the next step and having it coated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vinyl-wrap-lockdown-bar-rails-etc

#3869 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome collection! BTW, just look at all the storage space you've created under the pins (or are those sub-woofers)?

Thanks bro, those are just storage totes full of parts, restoration supplies, tools, etc.
Under the machines is a great place to keep them, otherwise its just a huge waste of space.

#3870 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

mustangpaul , does the strip light up when the ball is in the sc? Would be neat to me if that was the case. Sure it looks cool anyway. Also, I dig those red and blue pop caps. How do those look? What bulbs did you put under them? I'm just thinking of starting an easy mod first before getting any deeper, and the pop caps is where I plan to start, with the gauges a little later.

Oups I should have told you, yes it is hooked up to the first flasher, the one on the left of the 3. The pop caps are the Jewel caps with Comets ring lights, red and blue top leds with white bottom leds. Pinballlife or Marco sells the caps. I think the color mix of the caps and lights reflected in the front of the chrome sc looks great.

#3871 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What? Are you still using a flip-phone or something? Man, you are retro!

You got it man. I don't text or any other of that other crap, I don't have ANY use for that shit. Texting will only get you a ticket or kill you.

#3872 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Found this thread after seeing your red trim, and thought I might give it a whirl. This seems like a job I could do well enough without hurting anything and a nice rainy weekend project. If I like the look well enough in person and it doesn't hold up (or if I suck at wrapping vinyl), then I might consider taking the next step and having it coated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vinyl-wrap-lockdown-bar-rails-etc

Cool thread. Make sure you have a heat gun. You will need it. Feel free to pm me during the process if i can be of any help .

#3873 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thanks bro, those are just storage totes full of parts, restoration supplies, tools, etc.
Under the machines is a great place to keep them, otherwise its just a huge waste of space.

Waste of space??? Does this look like wasted space? With the bl carpet lit up it looks like the games are floating.

IMG_0494 (resized).JPGIMG_0494 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender(1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender(1) (resized).jpg

#3874 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Waste of space??? Does this look like wasted space? With the bl carpet lit up it looks like the games are floating.

Looks awesome Paul !!!

#3875 7 years ago

I think i might try wrapping my F14 metal in yellow just to see how it looks before deciding if i should powder coat. I can get the vinyl for free and i can do it with my eyes closed so i think im going to give it a whirl .

#3876 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Stang, looks awesome, brings me back to the good old days but I feel like I just ate some shrooms...

#3877 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

but I feel like I just ate some shrooms...

Yeah baby !! lol

#3878 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think i might try wrapping my F14 metal in yellow just to see how it looks before deciding if i should powder coat. I can get the vinyl for free and i can do it with my eyes closed so i think im going to give it a whirl .

Show us how it's done. Have no idea when I might do mine, so would love it if you were trailblazer. My main concern at this point is how to do the legs well.

#3879 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Show us how it's done. Have no idea when I might do mine, so would love it if you were trailblazer. My main concern at this point is how to do the legs well.

Ok, ill find some vinyl and try to walk you guys through it. Us Getaway owners have to stick together ! lol Ill see if my daughter can do a video of me doing it as im useless with tech (still use a blackberry ! lol

#3880 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super cool. Looks like a 90's pinball arcade in the Playboy mansion!

#3881 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks awesome Paul !!!

Hey thanks, I wish you could come see it and play.

#3882 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thanks Stang, looks awesome, brings me back to the good old days but I feel like I just ate some shrooms...

That's why I built my gr like I did. You were a BAAAAD boy too.

#3883 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I heard the answer earlier, but just double checking. Will these fit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5035-22
EDIT: I just got an answer from Marco. They say no, they will not fit. Bummer. Like this grooved lens type look.

I thought someone on here said that Data East pop covers would fit. This is what I was looking for. Looks like tail lights to me.

#3884 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hmmmm that sounds interesting.

#3885 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok, ill find some vinyl and try to walk you guys through it. Us Getaway owners have to stick together ! lol Ill see if my daughter can do a video of me doing it as im useless with tech (still use a blackberry ! lol

Hahahaha, I still use a flip phone.

#3886 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Super cool. Looks like a 90's pinball arcade in the Playboy mansion!

Now that's funny. Thanks.

#3887 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

EDIT #2. Got another email from Marco. He retracted his first statement. He thought I was referring to the deep caps. He said yes they will fit.
EDIT #3. Getting a fuse kit as spare parts. Anything else come to mind I should keep on hand. Want to save on shipping.

#3888 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

EDIT #2. Got another email from Marco. He retracted his first statement. He thought I was referring to the deep caps. He said yes they will fit.

Yeah... I was going to say

#3889 7 years ago

Didn't seem right to me either, but I thought the screw holes were closer is why he said no. I hope these look good. I want them to work cause to me they look like tail lights, to go with teh theme. Now need to get some bulbs for behind them. Not sure there either but will look at Comet.

#3890 7 years ago

Just a standard wedge bulb in the pops, I used red frosted twin smd, which work well with the reflective properties of my caps. You should buy several types so you can play around with different looks, like warm white twin smd...

#3891 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Not sure there either but will look at Comet.

For sure try their Crystal Fan bulbs, they look great under any cap.

#3892 7 years ago

You an always go BriteCaps (just buy the color lights you want, not the caps): http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

#3893 7 years ago

So i flooded my F14 Tomcat lockdown bar in yellow vinyl. Took about 10 mins and turned out perfect. Looks pretty cool. Ill do the rails and legs and then decide if i want to powder coat like i did with my Getaway. If i decide i dont like it ill try another color. You will notice that i wrapped it around the backside a bit just to keep it from pulling up.
IMG_20161109_184512 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184512 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184501 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184501 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184452 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184452 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184426 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184426 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184526 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_184526 (resized).jpg

#3894 7 years ago

My daughter wasnt around tonight to do a video but if anyone wants to give it a shot (Mr T ? ) ill help you through it. Ill still try to do a video at some point on another bar.

#3895 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My daughter wasnt around tonight to do a video but if anyone wants to give it a shot (Mr T ? ) ill help you through it. Ill still try to do a video at some point on another bar.

Okay, that looks great! Yes, a video would be helpful for certain things such as corners and how to correctly use heat gun with material. Particularly interested in how to do legs, as I think they would be the most challenging.

Finally, would love to see picks of your work when back on the pin.

P.S. I just ordered my red carbon fiber wrap.

#3896 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So i flooded my F14 Tomcat lockdown bar in yellow vinyl. Took about 10 mins and turned out perfect. Looks pretty cool. Ill do the rails and legs and then decide if i want to powder coat like i did with my Getaway. If i decide i dont like it ill try another color. You will notice that i wrapped it around the backside a bit just to keep it from pulling up.

That looks perfect. Your a real pro.

#3897 7 years ago

That's real sharp SUPERBEE . I bet all your cars have cool pinstriping and graphics.

#3898 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Took about 10 mins and turned out perfect

Easy for you, mine would be a train wreck.

#3899 7 years ago

Anyone local to me want to get in on a group buy for the lit speaker panel? So far there are 3 of us.

#3900 7 years ago

I can't find this answer. Are the flashers in the back box #906 wedge, or #555 wedge? I see 5 of them. On mine, 3 were replaced with 5 smd red towers, but 2 were left as incandescent flashers (the 2 in the center together behind the police cars. I want to change the incandescent ones out, and maybe even the tower ones out too to something forward flashing. I'm getting help from Comet, (but they aren't familiar with the game), but thought I would put a call out here as well. Thanks.

EDIT: I believe they are 12 volt #906 wedge flashers. And if so, I think I'll replace the 5 smd towers (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4s-1s.htm), and put in the more appropriate 8 smd (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm)

Does this mean I'm running 6.3 volt flashers in a 12 volt flasher circuit? That can't be right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.