• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 277.
#3301 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You can run the opto tests from the menu... you can turn each one on or off from there.

OK. Thanks. So I need to check those individual optos, and the switches that they correspond to?

#3302 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK. Thanks. So I need to check those individual optos, and the switches that they correspond to?

I'm not in front of my pin now but I think its in the super charger test menu. There are 2 test, start the test, roll a ball up the ramp from there you have the option of opening and closing each one or have a combo of them open...

http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/G/Getaway_HSII_OPS.pdf

section 1 page 16 and 17

#3303 7 years ago

Yes, the supercharger test menu will test the 3 optos corresponding to the 3 magnets (I had to replace all 3 pairs on mine in the 6 months I've had the pin). However, there is also a ramp opto just above the entrance to the supercharger (probably what triggers the gate to open/close - not sure how to test this one, but probably can with switch matrix) and another pair of optos located at the front right side of the supercharger. In addition, you may want to verify good connections of all the cables do the Opto Switch Board which I believe is mounted towards the very back on the underside of the playfield.

#3304 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Really wanted to get these but only one choice of shipping and its $25.00 American !! After the cost of the decals, shipping, and convert to Canadian its $81.00 !!!

You know you can make your own for the cost of printing and a little time cutting them out, right? I have outlined earlier in this thread and have even made my artwork available for free download. If you don't like the two color schemes I've created (one is more red, the other more orange) then let me know what you want and I might be willing to customize the artwork for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/45#post-3107921

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#3305 7 years ago

Thanks Mr Tantrum. I might giveit a shot with some decal paper and then laminate.

#3306 7 years ago

Added my first decal to my machine. this is just the start. Next thing is new speakers!

getaway 1st mod (resized).jpggetaway 1st mod (resized).jpg

#3307 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Added my first decal to my machine. this is just the start. Next thing is new speakers!

And sooo it begins !!

#3308 7 years ago

I looked into it today. I think it's the Diverter Lo switch and the enter left ramp to the supercharger switch. Decided to punt and call The Pinball Doctor, Chuck English. He's gonna look at it next week. If I can figure it out before then, I'll call him off, but until I have some more experience under my belt repairing this I have to bite the bullet. Maybe Chuck will give me some tips. I'm defineately looking over his shoulder and asking questions. He says he's been fixing pinballs for 50 years. I bet he knows something after all that time.

#3309 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Nice, but isn't "hair pin" supposed to be a compound word "hairpin" (at least in American English)?

Oh wait... I get it now, it's a play on words with "pin"ball (I think I still prefer the correct spelling).

#3310 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I looked into it today. I think it's the Diverter Lo switch and the enter left ramp to the supercharger switch. Decided to punt and call The Pinball Doctor, Chuck English. He's gonna look at it next week. If I can figure it out before then, I'll call him off, but until I have some more experience under my belt repairing this I have to bite the bullet. Maybe Chuck will give me some tips. I'm defineately looking over his shoulder and asking questions. He says he's been fixing pinballs for 50 years. I bet he knows something after all that time.

Aside from showing an error on start up, what's going on? Is something not working? I haven't had the time to look into your issues other than the top lock-mid lock stuff so if it's just throwing an error but playing ok it may not be that big of a deal... (i.e. top lock 74 mid lock 75 errors). On an unrelated note, you can get a shifter error that doesn't show a fix but it's only that the shifter hasn't been used in one direction for a certain period of time. So some of these errors are nothing but that's not to say you shouldn't try to figure out what's going on with your machine.

Whatever you decide to do is up to you but if you pay someone to come over and fix the pin, watch everything he does, it will make you feel much better about digging into the game yourself. Trust me, in a short period of time you'll be very capable of handling the pin on your own.

#3311 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Aside from showing an error on start up, what's going on? Is something not working? I haven't had the time to look into your issues other than the top lock-mid lock stuff so if it's just throwing an error but playing ok it may not be that big of a deal... (i.e. top lock 74 mid lock 75 errors). On an unrelated note, you can get a shifter error that doesn't show a fix but it's only that the shifter hasn't been used in one direction for a certain period of time. So some of these errors are nothing but that's not to say you shouldn't try to figure out what's going on with your machine.
Whatever you decide to do is up to you but if you pay someone to come over and fix the pin, watch everything he does, it will make you feel much better about digging into the game yourself. Trust me, in a short period of time you'll be very capable of handling the pin on your own.

Thanks monster. The ramp error is the opto that is on the ramp to the supercharger. The diverter issue is a big deal cause the ball never goes in the supercharger even though it's lit. It always exits down the left wire loop. I did both supercharger tests and tested the sc optics individually also. All good. The diverter gate will pen for the test and run the balls. Maybe it's just an adjustment on both of the issues, I'm just not seeing it. I know there is an answer and it will work again. It's just not in my wheelhouse yet since I so new at this.

#3312 7 years ago

in 6 months, you'll be pissed you didn't fix this yourself .

#3313 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks monster. The ramp error is the opto that is on the ramp to the supercharger. The diverter issue is a big deal cause the ball never goes in the supercharger even though it's lit. It always exits down the left wire loop. I did both supercharger tests and tested the sc optics individually also. All good. The diverter gate will pen for the test and run the balls. Maybe it's just an adjustment on both of the issues, I'm just not seeing it. I know there is an answer and it will work again. It's just not in my wheelhouse yet since I so new at this.

Yeah, no worries we were all there at one time too. I'm not too familiar with these issues so I'll have to do some leg work but I'm wondering what settings you have on for the diverter, I'd check to see if you have it set correctly...

check in menu.

A2 Feature adjustment

15. Diverter Broken: on or off ---> you want off

Exit menu and restart the pin

To test this take the glass off. Start a game and then launch the ball pick it up and roll it into the super charger, did that fix it?

#3314 7 years ago

Having seen the new "hair pin" turn decal, I decided to create one myself (with my own flare on it, of course). As always, I am happy to share the artwork (Photoshop & PDF files), so please feel free to download and make your own: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

Hairpin.jpgHairpin.jpg

#3315 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Having seen the new "hair pin" turn decal, I decided to create one myself and put my own flare on it. As always, I am happy to share the artwork (Photoshop & PDF files), so please feel free to download and make your own: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

Nice, now try to make one with an orange background opposed to the yellow...

Good work on all of your decals, I like the shooter cover and I'm waiting for the revised Donut Heaven

I know I'm a real pain in the butt!

#3316 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Good work on all of your decals, I like the shooter cover and I'm waiting for the revised Donut Heaven

Construction sign orange? Consider it done. If you will re-download the file, I now have both warning sign yellow and construction sign orange versions.

#3317 7 years ago

One more decal in the bag. This time it is a themed decal for the ramp support (middle target cover just below pop bumpers). As always, you may download artwork at http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball and do with it whatever you like (except sell it, please).

IMG_0283.JPGIMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPGIMG_0284.JPG

#3318 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Having seen the new "hair pin" turn decal, I decided to create one myself (with my own flare on it, of course). As always, I am happy to share the artwork (Photoshop & PDF files), so please feel free to download and make your own: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

Your generosity is greatly appreciated! Any chance you could also save the image files as .png for those of us who use graphics programs other than photoshop? I can extract them from the .pdf, but its a PITA sometimes.

#3319 7 years ago

Argh! When putting the nut back on to hold down my supercharger, I broke the post. The manual shows two sizes of these posts used in the pin: 1) 02-4423 2-13/32 (5 used) and 2) 02-4423-1 2-21/31 (1 used).

Does anyone know which post this should be? Does anyone have an extra they would sell me so I'm not stuck paying $7-$10 shipping for $2 part?

IMG_0286.JPGIMG_0286.JPG
scsupportpost.jpgscsupportpost.jpg

#3320 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Your generosity is greatly appreciated! Any chance you could also save the image files as .png for those of us who use graphics programs other than photoshop? I can extract them from the .pdf, but its a PITA sometimes.

I added PNG versions to both the ramp support and hairpin turn decals. Just re-download. If there are any others you would like, please let me know specifically and I will convert for you.

Also, please note that all of my colors are designed to print on my Epson XP-850 6 color photo inkjet printer on Ultra Glossy Epson Photo paper. In this scenario, the colors are a very close match to the other artwork on the pin. Results will obviously vary depending upon printer and media.

#3321 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I cannot find a font anywhere close to the one used in the version you like. I would have to manually create the type (time consuming). Also, I cannot find that style of police car, and can't see it well enough to reproduce it accurately. Not saying I never will take a stab at it, but can't justify the time at this point for a one off version.

#3322 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Argh! When putting the nut back on to hold down my supercharger, I broke the post.

Happens to every Getaway sooner or later. The bad news is you'll likely never find that post anywhere, the good news is that there are other ways to repair it... Most common is using a standard #8 sleeve post with #6 female tap, you'll use a 6-32 3/8" screw instead of a nut on a stud.

#3323 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I added PNG versions to both the ramp support and hairpin turn decals. Just re-download. If there are any others you would like, please let me know specifically and I will convert for you.

Thank you good sir!

#3324 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Happens to every Getaway sooner or later. The bad news is you'll likely never find that post anywhere, the good news is that there are other ways to repair it... Most common is using a standard #8 sleeve post with #6 female tap, you'll use a 6-32 3/8" screw instead of a nut on a stud.

I've been able to find the 02-4423 2-13/32 in a couple of places, but will cost me $10 because of shipping. I really don't need to buy anything else right now, so not sure what I am going to do.

#3325 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've been able to find the 02-4423 2-13/32 in a couple of places, but will cost me $10 because of shipping. I really don't need to buy anything else right now, so not sure what I am going to do.

That's not the correct post, the top stud is not long enough to go thru the metal plate and ramp bracket and have enough threads left to get the nut on there. "2-13/32" is the length of the post including the stud... More specifically, "13" is the number of threads on the top stud. You need the longer 2-21/32 (21 threads).

#3326 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

One more decal in the bag. This time it is a themed decal for the ramp support (middle target cover just below pop bumpers). As always, you may download artwork at http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball and do with it whatever you like (except sell it, please).

How about adding this line to the decal....

This time we're going to nail that dirtbag!

Looking good!

getaway plastic (resized).jpggetaway plastic (resized).jpg

#3327 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I like your better. The arrow looks nice!

#3328 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

These look great. Since I am having my glass off a lot lately, I think I'll try a few of these. Dumb question; what specifically do you print on to make the images a sticker? I've never seen blank sticker sheets that are printable. Where would I find this material!

#3329 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

These look great. Since I am having my glass off a lot lately, I think I'll try a few of these. Dumb question; what specifically do you print on to make the images a sticker? I've never seen blank sticker sheets that are printable. Where would I find this material!

Nothing special as I print on high gloss Epson photo paper, do a rough cutout, cover with Mylar (optional), apply double sided Scotch tape to the bottom, do a final cutout with scissors, run a black Sharpie around the edge to cover the exposed white of the paper, then stick it where it goes after cleaning the surface well.

#3330 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I cannot find a font anywhere close to the one used in the version you like. I would have to manually create the type (time consuming). Also, I cannot find that style of police car, and can't see it well enough to reproduce it accurately. Not saying I never will take a stab at it, but can't justify the time at this point for a one off version.

Bummer... well the font doesn't have to be exact, the police cars are pretty cartoonish, maybe I'll look around for some pictures.

Thanks

#3331 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

How about adding this line to the decal....
This time we're going to nail that dirtbag!
Looking good!

I've now created a "dirtbag" version of the decal. Please redownload the file from my site to acquire.

FYI, I tried to more closely model my text format after other plastics on the table.

RampSupport_Dirtbag (resized).pngRampSupport_Dirtbag (resized).png

IMG_0288 (resized).JPGIMG_0288 (resized).JPG

#3332 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've now created a "dirtbag" version of the decal. Please redownload and the file from my site to acquire.
FYI, I tried to more closely model my text format after other plastics on the table.

Cool! Looks better than the original text. Having trouble accessing your site (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball). It's down for some reason. Nice work on the graphics!

#3333 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've now created a "dirtbag" version of the decal. Please redownload and the file from my site to acquire.

Nice work!

#3334 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Cool! Looks better than the original text. Having trouble accessing your site (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball). It's down for some reason. Nice work on the graphics!

Link tests just fine for me from both behind a firewall and over wireless. Not sure why you would be having issues.

#3335 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Any idea on what the height of the post needs to be (I forgot to measure before I left the house). Specifically from table surface to the underside of the metal plate it is supporting?

#3336 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any idea on what the height of the post needs to be (I forgot to measure before I left the house). Specifically from table surface to the underside of the metal plate it is supporting?

Standard sleeve post, standard post height, 1 1/16".

#3337 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Argh! When putting the nut back on to hold down my supercharger, I broke the post. The manual shows two sizes of these posts used in the pin: 1) 02-4423 2-13/32 (5 used) and 2) 02-4423-1 2-21/31 (1 used).
Does anyone know which post this should be? Does anyone have an extra they would sell me so I'm not stuck paying $7-$10 shipping for $2 part?

Does anyone think this would work? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4493

image_62494_1_484x484 (resized).jpgimage_62494_1_484x484 (resized).jpg

#3338 7 years ago

:::sigh:::... i'm out...

#3339 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

:::sigh:::... i'm out...

I'm going with your suggestion (sincerely appreciated) for an immediate fix, as my neighbor thinks he has some regular sleeve posts or possibly some hex posts that might work we can try tonight (I don't have anything myself to try). I was just trying to plan for if/when I do get enough pinball parts I need to order to include a double ring post that might work - just the OCD coming out in me.

#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, no worries we were all there at one time too. I'm not too familiar with these issues so I'll have to do some leg work but I'm wondering what settings you have on for the diverter, I'd check to see if you have it set correctly...
check in menu.
A2 Feature adjustment
15. Diverter Broken: on or off ---> you want off
Exit menu and restart the pin
To test this take the glass off. Start a game and then launch the ball pick it up and roll it into the super charger, did that fix it?

Thanks Monster, I'll try that.

The frustration I'm having with these issues is like when a cat tries to bury a turd on a tile floor.

#3341 7 years ago

I forgot to mention, you'll need a bench grinding wheel to grind out the notches for the rings. Use one of the outside corner edges of the grinding wheel, it'll grind a perfect notch, just dont go too deep. This will be a permanent fix, and a design improvement.

#3342 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I forgot to mention, you'll need a bench grinding wheel to grind out the notches for the rings. Use one of the outside corner edges of the grinding wheel, it'll grind a perfect notch, just dont go too deep. This will be a permanent fix, and a design improvement.

That's a good idea. I don't have a bench grinder, but I think my neighbor does. If not, this step will have to wait until Thanksgiving when I visit my Dad, "he's got this ultimate set of tools" (although he never was a TV repairman).

#3343 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks Monster, I'll try that.
The frustration I'm having with these issues is like when a cat tries to bury a turd on a tile floor.

lol!

#3345 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Bummer... well the font doesn't have to be exact, the police cars are pretty cartoonish, maybe I'll look around for some pictures.
Thanks

Been stuck on a long boring conference call, so was Photoshop doodling. Here is what I have for you so far. Don't get too nit-picky as my intention is not to create an exact replica but a close resemblance. FYI, I am really having a hard time making out any detail of what those police cars should look like. If I am able to come up with something for the police cars, what do you want the 3 license plates to have on them?

DonutHeaven.pngDonutHeaven.png

DonutHeavenModel.pngDonutHeavenModel.png

#3346 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now what did ya do?

#3347 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Been stuck on a long boring conference call, so was Photoshop doodling. Here is what I have for you so far. Don't get too nit-picky as my intention is not to create an exact replica but a close resemblance. FYI, I am really having a hard time making out any detail of what those police cars should look like. If I am able to come up with something for the police cars, what do you want the 3 license plates to have on them?

My $.02; two of them should have these license plates. Hard to tell what the plate on the third car reads.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#3348 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looking good!

Quoted from Charger500:

My $.02; two of them should have these license plates;

Sure!

#3349 7 years ago

On a different subject, (to stop me from thinking about my diverter issue), I like the Mars lamp but I think it would have been better with a smaller version of a light bar. Matches the time frame of the cop cars better.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3350 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

On a different subject, (to stop me from thinking about my diverter issue), I like the Mars lamp but I think it would have been better with a smaller version of a light bar. Matches the time frame of the cop cars better.

Smaller and less blinding too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/67?hl=biglouie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.