• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 277.
#3251 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Could have been worse, could have been in Aussie dialect

Aint that the truth.

#3252 7 years ago

IMO the BEST is the Sears digital level, I love mine. About $30 I believe. Don't even think about a mechanical one.

#3253 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

IMO the BEST is the Sears digital level, I love mine. About $30 I believe. Don't even think about a mechanical one.

There's an app for that. I have 14* on the glass. If the playfield is that steep it's no wonder I can't make it up the supercharger ramp.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#3254 7 years ago

Super shiny or standard shiny? I'm thinking super. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57
But this warning about them becoming magnetized in games that use magnets. Isn't that possible with any pinball?

#3255 7 years ago

Super shiny, and yes any steel ball can be magnetized around a coil

#3256 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

There's an app for that. I have 14* on the glass. If the playfield is that steep it's no wonder I can't make it up the supercharger ramp.

The PF and the glass are at totally different angles, use the inclinometer on the PF and target 6-6.5 degrees.

#3257 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Hmmmm, on the glass back it off to 13.2 then see what it says on the pf. Bring the front legs all the way down and see what it is then adjust the back legs (if needed) to get 13.2.

#3258 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm, on the glass back it off to 13.2 then see what it says on the pf. Bring the front legs all the way down and see what it is then adjust the back legs (if needed) to get 13.2.

Thanks for the tip. Will do. This app does not get that granular to tenths of a degree. It only goes in one degree increments. Until I get the Sears level, this what I'll have to use.

#3259 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Super shiny or standard shiny? I'm thinking super. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57
But this warning about them becoming magnetized in games that use magnets. Isn't that possible with any pinball?

Just placed an order with Titan for (6) Super Shinies, and also a sample Novus #1,#2, and #3 pack, and (3) red standard Competition flipper rings while I was at it.

#3260 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Just placed an order with Titan for (6) Super Shinies, and also a sample Novus #1,#2, and #3 pack, and (3) red standard Competition flipper rings while I was at it.

You'll find that you'll use Novus 1 and 2 the most by far.

#3261 7 years ago

I'm still holding out hope that someone creative will be able to remake this decal... (and the Mountain mod)

Donut Heaven decal (resized).jpgDonut Heaven decal (resized).jpg

#3262 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm still holding out hope that someone creative will be able to remake this decal... (and the Mountain mod)

Did you see this one? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40267

#3263 7 years ago

Thank you. Yes, I did see that one and it's pretty good but I'm holding out for the other... it probably won't happen but you never know.

#3264 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I know that you didn't really care of the one I did either, so ignore this link (it is for everyone else): http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

However do you have any idea where you got this picture or who originally offered it? I'm assuming that Photoshop is not your thing, or you would have already recreated something similar to this. Also, is this the only photo you have (would be helpful if you had higher rez version to zoom in and make out a little more detail)?

I am not saying that I am willing yet, but if I was to spend some time and develop something similar what would it be worth to you? Also, if I am able to create the artwork would you also want me to create the sticker itself or just give you the artwork for you to make your own sticker?

#3265 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
I am currently in the middle of repairing my HS2. Does anyone have any experience with lowering raised inserts on the tachometer and the loops? There are a couple of methods and guides around but I wanted to know if anything worked particularly well for the Getaway.
Also, does anyone know the part number for the screws used to secure the pop bumper bodies to the playfield? They definitely look like the wrong type on mine!
Thanks in advance

Quoted from urbanledge:

Not specific to getaway but I used the hair dryer method on my white water.
It was the first time I had tried lowering an insert and i was nervous but it was easy

I have the same issue. One of the tach inserts is raised to the point where it diverts the ball. Afraid to just try and press it down for fear of breaking it. Does the hair dryer trick work?

#3266 7 years ago

Hey guys. Just got some new apron decals from Treasure Cove and they are AWESOME. Really brings the color back to life. Also included was a decal for the blank metal form at the bottom of the pops (where the ramp leg attaches).

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/getaway/getaway.htm

20161013_174823 (resized).jpg20161013_174823 (resized).jpg

20161013_174817 (resized).jpg20161013_174817 (resized).jpg

#3267 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah I'd like one too.

#3268 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know that you didn't really care of the one I did either, so ignore this link (it is for everyone else): http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball
However do you have any idea where you got this picture or who originally offered it? I'm assuming that Photoshop is not your thing, or you would have already recreated something similar to this. Also, is this the only photo you have (would be helpful if you had higher rez version to zoom in and make out a little more detail)?
I am not saying that I am willing yet, but if I was to spend some time and develop something similar what would it be worth to you? Also, if I am able to create the artwork would you also want me to create the sticker itself or just give you the artwork for you to make your own sticker?

I like yours.

#3269 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Its not that I don't like yours because it's good and I actually printed it out to see if it fit my "theme" but I like a more stock - whimsical version.

That's the only pic I can find, it's my understanding it was a decal included in a repo plastic set. This was on another Pisnider's machine...

I'm not good with photoshop.

Yes, I would be willing to buy one and I bet others would too.

#3270 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Its not that I don't like yours because it's good and I actually printed it out to see if it fit my "theme" but I like a more stock - whimsical version.
That's the only pic I can find, it's my understanding it was a decal included in a repo plastic set. This was on another Pisnider's machine...
No, I'm not good with photoshop

I've been looking for that font, but thus far I've not seen anything close yet.

#3271 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hey guys. Just got some new apron decals from Treasure Cove and they are AWESOME. Really brings the color back to life. Also included was a decal for the blank metal form at the bottom of the pops (where the ramp leg attaches).

A fresh looking apron adds a lot to the overall experience to me. I also really like the the other decal.

#3272 7 years ago

I'm up to page #22 of this thread. A third of the way to catching up!

#3273 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I'm up to page #22 of this thread. A third of the way to catching up!

Yea, lots of good reading. However, things don't really interesting until I joined and started posting!

#3274 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

My apron graphics are way more pink than red. Not sure if they are faded or that is the color they are supposed to be? What color are everyone elses out there ? Any photos of the ramp post decal ? Did it come free with the apron decals ?

#3275 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My apron graphics are way more pink than red. Not sure if they are faded or that is the color they are supposed to be? What color are everyone elses out there ? Any photos of the ramp post decal ? Did it come free with the apron decals ?

Mine are red and from the picture on their web site the decal comes with it.

#3276 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine are red and from the picture on their web site the decal comes with it.

Thanks Paul.

#3277 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I got the decal years ago and they are more orange-red, but the apron was more pinkish, I assumed since I have front end fade that this was cause of the pinkish tones... here's a pic of the decal if it helps.

Apron Decal (resized).jpgApron Decal (resized).jpg

#3278 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

This decal?

Upper PF (resized).jpgUpper PF (resized).jpg

#3279 7 years ago

No this one.

0d5bb58f30fad64c9336564e1a4e4275d2fb0907 (resized).jpg0d5bb58f30fad64c9336564e1a4e4275d2fb0907 (resized).jpg

#3280 7 years ago

Alright I am just getting around to restoring my Getaway. Here's a few pictures. Removed the decals today on it and repairing the cabinet with some wood filler..

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3281 7 years ago

Yes, that's the same one....

#3282 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright I am just getting around to restoring my Getaway. Here's a few pictures. Removed the decals today on it and repairing the cabinet with some wood filler..

Oh your havin fun.

#3283 7 years ago

Got my Super Shineys. They're nice. Washed and waxed them before loading them in. A side by side comparison shows the difference between old and new. Saved the 2nd set in a Food Saver bag to keep them shiny.

#3284 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Got my Super Shineys. They're nice. Washed and waxed them before loading them in. A side by side comparison shows the difference between old and new. Saved the 2nd set in a Food Saver bag to keep them shiny.

mmm... Crown Royal, sorry, what was I looking at again?

#3285 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

mmm... Crown Royal, sorry, what was I looking at again?

A decent whiskey and the bags make good temporary ball holders when servicing. I do really like the Crown Rye.

#3286 7 years ago

So The Getaway got some action Saturday night. 35 teenagers over for a party. It performed very well. But today not so good. I first noticed issues when the Supercharger ramp would light up but not divert the ball in. Doing a divertor test shows that it does indeed work but not in game play. A total of 4 errors came up tonight;
Check switch 74 top lock,
Check switch 75 mid lock,
Check switch 84 enter left ramp,
Divertor error
I have some fiddling to do. I guess first I'll reseat the switches if I can find them and see if that clears the issues. Suggestions appreciated.

#3287 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Insert pin"ball" joke here.

#3288 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Insert pin"ball" joke here.

It is hard to keep a straight face while talking about how shiny my balls are.

#3289 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So The Getaway got some action Saturday night. 35 teenagers over for a party. It performed very well. But today not so good. I first noticed issues when the Supercharger ramp would light up but not divert the ball in. Doing a divertor test shows that it does indeed work but not in game play. A total of 4 errors came up tonight;
Divertor error
I have some fiddling to do. I guess first I'll reseat the switches if I can find them and see if that clears the issues. Suggestions appreciated.

Hopefully a simple fix. I was have oddball random switch issues until one day my start button stopped working. Ended up being some broken trace issues on MPU board from previous owner's battery acid incident that finally caught up with the MPU. I ended up just replacing it with Rottendog MPU and NVRAM (no more batteries) and now my pin plays like it was designed to.

Not saying you have to go to this extreme (cost my $150 or so from Arcadeshop), but you should first manually test each switch while in switch test mode to see if they even register. From there next step may be to test wiring if they share a common circuit (exanine schematic in manual), and finally look closely with a magnifying glass at the MPU board itself to see if you find any issues. Report what you find, and the pinheads here can be very insightful towards diagnosing your issues.

#3290 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Those things are good for all kinds of stuff besides food.

#3291 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hopefully a simple fix. I was have oddball random switch issues until one day my start button stopped working. Ended up being some broken trace issues on MPU board from previous owner's battery acid incident that finally caught up with the MPU. I ended up just replacing it with Rottendog MPU and NVRAM (no more batteries) and now my pin plays like it was designed to.
Not saying you have to go to this extreme (cost my $150 or so from Arcadeshop), but you should first manually test each switch while in switch test mode to see if they even register. From there next step may be to test wiring if they share a common circuit (exanine schematic in manual), and finally look closely with a magnifying glass at the MPU board itself to see if you find any issues. Report what you find, and the pinheads here can be very insightful towards diagnosing your issues.

It was worth the money for the piece of mind you have now, who knows what would have sprang up down the road.

#3292 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Divertor error

I thought the Top lock error was addressed already earlier in the thread but the fix is the same for that and mid lock.

I'll have to look at the other 2 issues later, sorry it's late.

BTW, when you have that many little ones mashing on the pin, it's bound to happen.

#3293 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Really wanted to get these but only one choice of shipping and its $25.00 American !! After the cost of the decals, shipping, and convert to Canadian its $81.00 !!!

#3294 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

.......A total of 4 errors came up tonight;
Divertor error

Did a diverter test and it opens and closes. Did a supercharger test. It's running around 110. Diverter stays closed all the time even when conditions are met and supercharger lights turns on. Still lost here. Thanks for the help.

#3296 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Really wanted to get these but only one choice of shipping and its $25.00 American !! After the cost of the decals, shipping, and convert to Canadian its $81.00 !!!

Or you can have a "friend" here in the US buy them for you and mail them up your way..............

#3297 7 years ago

Made some more progress tonight on Getaway!

#3298 7 years ago

Pacman11,
Looks brand new. Very nice work!

#3299 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Did a diverter test and it opens and closes. Did a supercharger test. It's running around 110. Diverter stays closed all the time even when conditions are met and supercharger lights turns on. Still lost here. Thanks for the help.

Through some more looking around my best guess is either the opto on the entrance ramp or the opto in the supercharger loop on the right. Found this thread that brought some insight; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-diverteropto-problem#post-2825408. so I'll find the opto number and check it by blocking it during a switch levels test, I think, and see if one of them isn't registering. Will try reseating the connector or reflow the solder points.

Pardon me talking this through here. Trying to get this car back on the road.

#3300 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Through some more looking around my best guess is either the opto on the entrance ramp or the opto in the supercharger loop on the right. Found this thread that brought some insight; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-diverteropto-problem#post-2825408. so I'll find the opto number and check it by blocking it during a switch levels test, I think, and see if one of them isn't registering. Will try reseating the connector or reflow the solder points.
Pardon me talking this through here. Trying to get this car back on the road.

You can run the opto tests from the menu... you can turn each one on or off from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/66?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.