• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 277.
#3151 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Getaway Club, if a number of things work, I'm joining the Getaway Club soon, (pending any extreme initiation practices). What I need to know is if it will fit in my Ford Flex to travel 2 hours home. I have plenty of width and depth, but I'm really close on height. I have 31 3/4" height clearance to clear the lift gate. I've been told it is 31" tall with the back cab folded down. Would someone be willing to verify the folded down height of a Getaway? If it doesn't fit, I'd have to make other transportation arrangements. Thanks for the help.

With backbox folded down and 1 piece of cardboard between it and the rails, 29.5" at the tallest point. You're good unless your new game has been eating too many jelly donuts.
I would suggest that once you get it loaded and gain some height, add some more cardboard.

#3152 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

With backbox folded down and 1 piece of cardboard between it and the rails, 29.5" at the tallest point. You're good unless your new game has been eating too many jelly donuts.
I would suggest that once you get it loaded and gain some height, add some more cardboard.

Thanks. It will fit then. And as I understand it, it is 29" wide and 54" deep, which I am good with. Appreciate taking the measurements.

#3153 7 years ago

you guys scare me. you say HS2 is pretty reliable, then specifically say not like STTNG. that's the pin i want to trade my getaway for!

#3154 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you guys scare me. you say HS2 is pretty reliable, then specifically say not like STTNG. that's the pin i want to trade my getaway for!

I take it you've seen the underside of the STTNG playfield.

#3155 7 years ago

actully, have not. looks like a data east/sega?

#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

actully, have not. looks like a data east/sega?

STTNG can be a maintenance beast. I feel like you need to really stay on top of the subways and corresponding optos underneath the playfield otherwise you'll definitely have balls getting stuck or going to the wrong place. STTNG is an awesome game, don't get me wrong, but is much more complicated than Getaway. That being said, if you could somehow negotiate a straight up getaway for STTNG trade, then do it!

#3157 7 years ago

definitely not expecting a straight up .

#3158 7 years ago

I'm another step closer to getting the Getaway. Wife is OK with it. That's a big one. (Got her a multicade PacMan last week). It's cool too. Seller sent me shop pics. Very clean and organized under and behind. And it looks like Matthew won't hit us bad. Could be a solo trip to get it but could likely get help unloading once back.

#3159 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I'm another step closer to getting the Getaway. Wife is OK with it. That's a big one. (Got her a multicade PacMan last week). It's cool too. Seller sent me shop pics. Very clean and organized under and behind. And it looks like Matthew won't hit us bad. Could be a solo trip to get it but could likely get help unloading once back.

Happy wife, happy life... You will need help for sure, don't try it alone. Good luck! Post pics when you get it into it's new home so we can give you an official "welcome"!

#3160 7 years ago

Y'all think 2 people can load it? I may have to drive solo. I have a carpeted moving dolly. Don't have a refrigerator hand truck tho.

#3161 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Y'all think 2 people can load it? I may have to drive solo. I have a carpeted moving dolly. Don't have a refrigerator hand truck tho.

You'll need some kind of dolly to get it to your car and from your car into the house.

#3162 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'll need some kind of dolly to get it to your car and from your car into the house.

Or just a wife with a strong back

#3163 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

2 people can move these machines!. You might need to move in short distances, depends on the people lifting. My bro and i moved a STTNG machine on one occasion and an RFM another time, BOTH of those machines are complete lard arses , mind you, my bro is built like a brick shithouse, lol. Getaway isn't as chubby as those two so you should be ok. If you decide to get more machines (most likely as it tis' a sickness ) it's a great idea to buy yourself a proper pinball dolley.

#3164 7 years ago

On another note, where is the pin going to reside: ground floor, basement, second story? I good trick for stairs is to put down a moving blanket on the stairs then set the pin on top. From here instead of pushing/pulling the pin, have one person pull the blanket while another stabilizes the pin. My pinhead neighbor helped me with this trick going up a turning stairwell, and it made life much easier. Apart from hiring two power lifters or roid juicers, not sure how I would have done it otherwise.

#3165 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On another note, where is the pin going to reside: ground floor, basement, second story? I good trick for stairs is to put down a moving blanket on the stairs then set the pin on top. From here instead of pushing/pulling the pin, have one person pull the blanket while another stabilizes the pin. My pinhead neighbor helped me with this trick going up a turning stairwell, and it made life much easier. Apart from hiring two power lifters or roid juicers, not sure how I would have done it otherwise.

1st floor load out and 1st floor load in. 75' carry to my car on load out. I guess we take breaks along the way, since I'm a middle age white guy.

#3166 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

1st floor load out and 1st floor load in. 75' carry to my car on load out. I guess we take breaks along the way, since I'm a middle age white guy.

I would at least do yourself a favor and go buy a cheap piano dolly (flat square cart with 4 casters and a cutout in the middle). This will save you a ton of pain and effort.

Something like this: http://www.lowes.com/pd/Milwaukee-Resin-Dolly/50235579

If you have two people then simple lift out of car and set bottom of pin on dolly. Now you can easily push it around on flat surfaces through your front door into the room you need. If going up any steps or trying to do it yourself (which I highly discourage) then you will definitely need a traditional dolly or better yet an appliance dolly, but now you are talking much more $$$. However, you could probably rent one from your local home improvement store if needed.

#3167 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would at least do yourself a favor and go buy a cheap piano dolly (flat square cart with 4 casters and a cutout in the middle). This will save you a ton of pain and effort.
Something like this: http://www.lowes.com/pd/Milwaukee-Resin-Dolly/50235579

I have never used anything like that before but I have used with great success this dolly...

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Milwaukee-Steel-Standard-Hand-Truck/50042444

I've strapped the head to the body, wrapped up the pin and then secured it to the dolly. If you're worried someone can just help you keep it stable while you walk .

#3168 7 years ago

Have used this exact handtruck for dozens of pins and many more things as well. Light and maneuverable. Some like the large fridge dollies as they're rugged but they're also a lot of added weight when dealing with steps.

#3169 7 years ago

Probably old had to you experienced pinheads, but I just replaced my RAM chip with a NVRAM chip (FM1608-120-PG) that I picked up on eBay for $10 delivered. Since I had to replace my MPU board due to batter acid damage by previous owner, I didn't want that to happen again, and even though I now have an extended battery pack that can be placed away from the board, I just didn't want to deal with batteries. At first research, I thought I needed a $20+ special circuit board with chip in it. Then I came across a forum here, and learned that really all I needed was an old reclaimed NVRAM chip. I found a pinsider selling them on ebay here: ebay.com link: itm so I thought why not try for $10 (after all, my new MPU already had a socketed RAM chip). Long store short: turned the machine off, disconnected the batter pack, replaced the chip, turned on and adjusted settings, tested by unplugging pin for an extended time, powered everything back up and voila . . . all of my settings were retained.

I don't know if I would have ventured to do this if my RAM chip was not already socketed, but highly encourage it for $10. These chips are apparently getting harder and harder to find, so you may want to act soon.

#3170 7 years ago

Just to followup; I got it. Hope to get it setup tomorrow once the rain stops. It's idling in the garage now waiting for the rain to stop. Makes sense to keep a Lamborghini in the garage.

#3171 7 years ago

Hey Getaway owners, I just bought a LED bulb for my Mars lamp. Could only buy in pack of 2 for $25+ tax so I have an extra. Would be happy to sell to first one who PM's me who wants it for $12 with shipping. I would judge the LED as being slightly brighter than the incadescent. I hope I am not breaking forum rules, but I put here because it is unique to this game.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3172 7 years ago

The manual states that a properly adjusted kickback should kick the ball into the tunnel, but mine rarely does this. How do I "properly adjust" my kickback?

#3173 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey Getaway owners, I just bought a LED bulb for my Mars lamp. Could only buy in pack of 2 for $25+ tax so I have an extra. Would be happy to sell to first one who PM's me who wants it for $12 with shipping. I would judge the LED as being slightly brighter than the incadescent. I hope I am not breaking forum rules, but I put here because it is unique to this game.

Yikes! Advance Auto has 1156 bulb two packs for $3.49. Just replaced my bad bulb the other day.

#3174 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The manual states that a properly adjusted kickback should kick the ball into the tunnel, but mine rarely does this. How do I "properly adjust" my kickback?

Since getting the whole game chromed, mine rarely makes it either. I'd love some help with adjustment ideas

#3175 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Just to followup; I got it. Hope to get it setup tomorrow once the rain stops. It's idling in the garage now waiting for the rain to stop. Makes sense to keep a Lamborghini in the garage.

Welcome to the club.

#3176 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Yikes! Advance Auto has 1156 bulb two packs for $3.49. Just replaced my bad bulb the other day.

But are they LEDs?

#3177 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Since getting the whole game chromed, mine rarely makes it either. I'd love some help with adjustment ideas

Wish I could help you guys but I've never messed with mine. Is the popper plastic tip flat?

#3178 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But are they LEDs?

Oops no. I can't read. However, given the lack of luminosity difference and how rare the light is on, hardly a cost savings benefit spending $21 more

#3179 7 years ago

Oops no. I can't read. However, given the lack of luminosity difference and how rare the light is on, hardly a cost savings benefit spending $21 more

It is if you are OCD like me and EVERY other bulb in your pin is LED, then it is well worth the extra $10 or so for a single bulb. I did try a couple of cheaper Amazon ones and ended up sending them back because of how dim they were.

#3180 7 years ago

I hear ya, actually a GOOD polishing or chroming of the reflector would look great too.

#3182 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It is supposed to go in the outhole from the kickback and mine will make it about 75% of the time. I had to adjust the kicker and make sure the ball is not making contact with the star post rubber. It's not as flawless as the shooter and I'm not sure if it has to do with the smaller coil or the smaller rod but I don't think it would be 100% regardless of the cause because it is pinball and nothing is 100%.

#3183 7 years ago

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to running it

#3184 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It is supposed to go in the outhole from the kickback and mine will make it about 75% of the time. I had to adjust the kicker and make sure the ball is not making contact with the star post rubber. It's not as flawless as the shooter and I'm not sure if it has to do with the smaller coil or the smaller rod but I don't think it would be 100% regardless of the cause because it is pinball and nothing is 100%.

I don't expect 100%, but something greater than the 1% it is now would be nice. It is not like it is consistently off the same way either, rather, it is very erratic. Definitely seems strong enough, and I realize there is the variable of how fast the ball hits it, but I guess that I need to look at it more closely and purposefully to see if I can determine why it rarely seems to launch/project the ball "correctly".

#3185 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any ideas on this anyone? In lieu of ideas, can you report the percentage of times yours "works", so that others of us at least have an idea of what we should realistically expect?

Also, I am assuming mine is correct, but I am obviously not the original owner. Therefore, some pics of one that works well would be very much appreciated. Anything you can do to show the mechanism from under the table and a top down shot with the plunger extended would at least let me see if mine even has the right parts and if something is obvious with the setup.

One more thing, there is a kickback setting in the menu system, but my understanding is that it pertains to the difficulty of enabling the kickback during play, and not the force with which it operates. Am I correct in this?

#3187 7 years ago

i've seen mine hit the tunnel kickout once, i believe. i didn't think it was worth troubleshooting, but i guess it would be pretty cool.

#3188 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any ideas on this anyone? In lieu of ideas, can you report the percentage of times yours "works", so that others of us at least have an idea of what we should realistically expect?
Also, I am assuming mine is correct, but I am obviously not the original owner. Therefore, some pics of one that works well would be very much appreciated. Anything you can do to show the mechanism from under the table and a top down shot with the plunger extended would at least let me see if mine even has the right parts and if something is obvious with the setup.
One more thing, there is a kickback setting in the menu system, but my understanding is that it pertains to the difficulty of enabling the kickback during play, and not the force with which it operates. Am I correct in this?

I cannot post pics atm, away from home but as I said mine works about 75%, repaired worn bits and adjusted angle of kickback shooter.

As for the settings, it allows it to be easy - difficult. Easy being lit on every ball and difficult having to light it every time. I think factory default is lit at ball 1 and then having to light it after that... nothing to do with the kickback coil strength.

#3189 7 years ago

This looks pretty neat, alternative to installing that complete store. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40267

#3190 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thing I will mention when it comes to kids is that I wouldn't get pins for kids. I would get them if you want to play them. My two boys like to play but not that often. My daughter seems to be close to hating pins/arcades from being dragged to different arcades/events. Friends of theirs that come over have some interest in the pins but not that much to play through an entire game. Most of them just hit the start button a bunch of times, launch a few balls, bang the flippers for a bit, then just walk away. They seem to have more interest in video games. Maybe that will change when they get to be older teenagers. Parents that come over rarely show any interest in pins and very few even want to play. At least that has been my experience. The only people I know that like to play are those that I have met in the hobby.

I've had almost the same experience. I bought my first pin when my two boys were about 4 and 6. They liked it okay, until N64 came along. Something about that Mario guy I guess. I have 5 pins now and my boys are 25 and 28. They play a little bit, not much though. Over the years their friends have shown very minor interest in pins. Same is true for my friends.

#3191 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

I've had almost the same experience. I bought my first pin when my two boys were about 4 and 6. They liked it okay, until N64 came along. Something about that Mario guy I guess. I have 5 pins now and my boys are 25 and 28. They play a little bit, not much though. Over the years their friends have shown very minor interest in pins. Same is true for my friends.

Well Bob your just gonna have to have a pin party and invite the locals over.

#3192 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

They play a little bit, not much though. Over the years their friends have shown very minor interest in pins. Same is true for my friends.

This is soo true. Just because we think its an amazing hobby, unfortunatly it doesnt always mean that younger people get it. You either appreciate pinball or you do not. No ill will either way but buy games that you like, not something that your hoping your kids will like.

#3193 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

This is soo true. Just because we think its an amazing hobby, unfortunatly it doesnt always mean that younger people get it. You either appreciate pinball or you do not. No ill will either way but buy games that you like, not something that your hoping your kids will like.

We just got home from a weekend at the shore, my 2 teenage boys and I spent many hours in the arcades playing all sorts of pins, the experience of their youth may not translate initially when they are young because there are so many other options but those early pinball seeds we plant may someday grow, it just may take time. To my wife's dismay we are now looking to add a new pin to the collection... lol!

#3194 7 years ago

Newbie with three questions;
1) For piece of mind, I'm going to change out the 4 AA batteries on the back board. Should it be on or off when I change them? My understanding is that it should be on, so I don't loose settings, but I'm always fearful to do anything electrical when it's on, for fear of blowing something. And yes, it has been modded so that the battery pack is off the board.
2) And second question; I have an intermittent bulb on the playfield. It's LED, and most times is off, but sometimes on. I'm going to check it, with the game off, and see if reseating it will keep it on. I'll check the leads to see that it's making contact. Anything else to look for? Yes, I'll take the balls out first.
3) And last question; the lock to raise the playfield 90 degrees vertically up does not latch for some reason. I'm hesitant to start bending metal pieces to try and get it to latch. What could have happened and how can I get it to work again?
Thanks in advance. Loving this pin.

#3195 7 years ago

1 - on
2 - is it a bayonet or wedge style bulb?
3 - spring missing? i assume it's just one side.

#3196 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

1 - on
2 - is it a bayonet or wedge style bulb?
3 - spring missing? i assume it's just one side.

1 - Thanks
2 - Wedge I believe. It's on the first left bank of targets, halfway up before the supercharger ramp.
3 - I have no clue. It will pivot up but not catch and lock on anything. I don't recall seeing a spring.

#3197 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Newbie with three questions;
1) For piece of mind, I'm going to change out the 4 AA batteries on the back board. Should it be on or off when I change them? My understanding is that it should be on, so I don't loose settings, but I'm always fearful to do anything electrical when it's on, for fear of blowing something. And yes, it has been modded so that the battery pack is off the board.
2) And second question; I have an intermittent bulb on the playfield. It's LED, and most times is off, but sometimes on. I'm going to check it, with the game off, and see if reseating it will keep it on. I'll check the leads to see that it's making contact. Anything else to look for? Yes, I'll take the balls out first.
3) And last question; the lock to raise the playfield 90 degrees vertically up does not latch for some reason. I'm hesitant to start bending metal pieces to try and get it to latch. What could have happened and how can I get it to work again?
Thanks in advance. Loving this pin.

1) On
2) probably Bayonet #47 but post pic of what you're referring to... replace bulb and see what a new one does.
3) see pics...

Inside cabinet (resized).jpgInside cabinet (resized).jpg

#3198 7 years ago

are you pulling the playfield towards you first? it locks when you pull it as far as it goes towards you, then you push it up 90 degrees.

#3199 7 years ago

1) done and saved
2) swapped bayonet bulbs with the #2 target bulb and same result. #3 socket is out.
3) I see a difference between tilt's and mine but can't see any combination of spring maneuver or hook hinge to make it work.
Pics attached. Thanks.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3200 7 years ago

doesn't look like you're pulling it out far enough, brah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/64?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.