• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 97 votes
    35%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 279 votes by 278 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,233 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200405_162710 (resized).jpg
20200405_162737 (resized).jpg
20200404_154838 (resized).jpg
20200404_211303 (resized).jpg
20200405_140421 (resized).jpg
20200405_140411 (resized).jpg
774DCA6E-EEDA-41B2-9E8D-DC731CB95603 (resized).jpeg
20200405_110602 (resized).jpg
20200405_110624 (resized).jpg
20200405_110614 (resized).jpg
pinball (resized).PNG
IMG_20200403_105125~2.jpg
CC6AE388-B7B5-473D-BF37-B1E2CA98EF8C (resized).jpeg
2C5DFA54-A34A-485C-8B42-D9AB99A66292 (resized).jpeg
380949B0-220C-4381-8E85-8634BF3C59AE (resized).jpeg
7A0BC7C9-9305-48DA-9392-446FA50FE2B0 (resized).jpeg

There are 10547 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 211.
#251 5 years ago

With L-1 I haven't had multiple balls releases or endless multiball ever happen

#252 5 years ago

I've never had the supercharger fail with more than 1 ball in it either. I've jumped plenty into the backbox from collisions though

#253 5 years ago

I'm on L-5. I miss the "Run the red light" stuff. Everything works, but the animation and sound was cool with L-2. But secret mania no longer makes a mess of the game, and I like the two stage flippers. So it is a wash. Not ever seeing the endless multiball again is nice as well. So arguments could be made for every version. Run one for a year, and then swap to a different one

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But secret mania no longer makes a mess of the game,

I missed what it does to the game. Whats the issue?

#255 5 years ago

"Run the red light stuff" on L2, wish I knew what that looked like. Does anybody have a Getaway in the Denver area that is running L2 so I could see it myself and make a decision? Or even a video of this sequence would help too. Thanks!

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

"Run the red light stuff" on L2, wish I knew what that looked like. Does anybody have a Getaway in the Denver area that is running L2 so I could see it myself and make a decision? Or even a video of this sequence would help too. Thanks!

It is music and dots. So when the red light is lit, it does it. And it's cool if you are starting the ball with it lit because the music change is nice. If you really want to just try it, I notice you own the game. So the ROM is only 10 bucks from John Wart.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html

Of course, you will lose all your settings and high scores, but different ROMs are always fun to try.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I missed what it does to the game. Whats the issue?

Secret Mainia can make the game forget what is locked, and I think it then thinks you already had multiball and no longer grants lights on the supercharger ramp. It's frustrating because it never seems to straighten out after that. L-5 runs fine.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It is music and dots. So when the red light is lit, it does it. And it's cool if you are starting the ball with it lit because the music change is nice. If you really want to just try it, I notice you own the game. So the ROM is only 10 bucks from John Wart.
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html
Of course, you will lose all your settings and high scores, but different ROMs are always fun to try.

Secret Mainia can make the game forget what is locked, and I think it then thinks you already had multiball and no longer grants lights on the supercharger ramp. It's frustrating because it never seems to straighten out after that. L-5 runs fine.

I already have the ROM, just reluctant to change it, I suppose I can always go back to L5 if I don't like it. Thanks.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Let me know how they work, its has a different controller than mine, but I like that there is no off/on switch or mode switch, which you don't need. Let me know I might try to change out my controller with one of those.

I just received the lights, they are super cool, 2 modes of flashing. Looking how to tie them into the MARS lamp. Gotta do some homework.

#259 5 years ago

Here are the modes, I had to make a harness into the input of the triac input board. I put two connectors on the lights so you can select either mode. Plug and play, no soldering. You can take the back screen off and run the wire through that.

Here are the videos of the modes. One is constant and the other goes through a series of flash modes.

#260 5 years ago

So it just whacks out that game and not always ?

#261 5 years ago

This is an explanation of the Red light mania multiball shift bug...from Kiefer:

However, the bug is slightly mislabeled, even though that is the generally-seen manifestation. The bug is that every 3rd ball arrival into the lockup starts multiball. So normally what happens is people have 1 or 2 balls locked, then start RLM. RLM runs normally, you get a jackpot. If you had 2 balls locked, then the arrival of the jackpot ball restarts multiball (complete with ball saver (even for multiball 2+), relaunching drained ball(s), and making light jackpot lit (i.e. 20 loops to light jackpot)). If you had 1 ball locked, then you can go for the RLM super (augmented to 100M) after RLM jackpot. If you make the super shot, then at that point that will be the third arrival, and multiball will restart. With 0 balls locked, you can get jackpot-super-super then multiball restarts.
Similarly, you could have one ball locked, get a jackpot during RLM, light lock again, lock 1 ball, multiball starts. Confused yet? It's easy for me because I understand exactly why the bug is there.
An unlisted bug is "GAME RESTART WORKS," which is the adjustment that handles what the start button does. FT was the first game with this adjustment, and I can't remember if HS2 had it from day 1 or it didn't get added until L-5. At any rate, the bug is that because the car-starting noises play when you push the button in, the game doesn't start until the button is RELEASED. The standard game start logic checks to see if the button is held in, which obviously it can never be, so Game Restart=SLOW will never work.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

so Game Restart=SLOW will never work.

Huh??

#263 5 years ago

I didn't understand any of that.

#264 5 years ago

That's why we aren't game programers.

#265 5 years ago

I don't get how Fish Tales got a color DMD treatment before Getaway. Seems like such a no-brainer.

#266 5 years ago

Yup....color dmd for Getaway please.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup....color dmd for Getaway please.

I would snap buy one of these. had my getaway since October. it gets played ALOT. I love it and its not leaving for quite some time.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

it gets played ALOT. I love it and its not leaving for quite some time.

Same here.

#269 5 years ago

I know this isn't much for you pros but I just beat the crap out of my HS2, jackpot 3 super jackpots 2 heilocopter bonuses with extra balls, the longest MB I have ever seen. I was juggling balls like a madman on crack...hey!

HS2 4-915.JPG

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

I know this isn't much for you pros but I just beat the crap out of my HS2, jackpot 3 super jackpots 2 heilocopter bonuses with extra balls, the longest MB I have ever seen. I was juggling balls like a madman on crack...hey!

[attachment=1675498,]

Man, I am happy to get one jackpot .... Good job!!!

#271 5 years ago

Great game, you were rockin-n-rollin. A 10 min. game?

#272 5 years ago

Seemed like an hour but I would guess 10 to 15 min.s

#273 5 years ago

Does anyone have custom cards for their getaway?

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think there are some on previous pages.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

HS2 4-915.JPG 119 KB

Damn, that's nearly no single ball points, about 35k, assuming lowest helicopter bonuses and standard multiball jackpot build up, not redline mania O.o

- Good job though Always rocks beating yourself!

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Forgot where I downloaded them from but a search on google should help. Here are the ones I downloaded a few years back. Enjoy!

getawayrule.jpg getawayprice.jpg
#277 5 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

not redline mania

No Red Line, I was so shaken the last two extra-balls only scored 6 mil. I was trying to relight the supercharge to brake 300 mil.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Forgot where I downloaded them from but a search on google should help. Here are the ones I downloaded a few years back. Enjoy!

getawayrule.jpg 96 KB

getawayprice.jpg 99 KB

Those are cool cards, I also have them (and have no idea of where they came from).

#279 5 years ago

I like those cards too.

#280 5 years ago

So I had a weird anomaly just occur. I was testing the start of multiball and I slung the balls into the donut shop by hand. The coil let only 2 out of 3 balls out for multiball; it left the third one in the "locked" position. I noticed this, and I tried to gently push the "lock rod" down by hand to get the 3rd ball out. I could tell the lock rod wasn't going to give, so I just kept playing. Then, the game reset all by itself.

I went into diagnostics, and the coil behaved just fine after that; it brought the "lock rod" fully down during the test time in diagnostics mode. Then, I played three games - all of them enabling multiball by use of the flippers rather than "hand slinging" them into the donut shop, and all three times the game played just fine - no problems at all.

There's no credit dot or anything. Game is playing just fine.

Any thoughts? Was that just a random fluke? I read up on PinWiki for reset issues, but this isn't a pattern yet, and the coil was acting up not letting the third ball loose; it wasn't like "all is well" and then "BOOM...reset!"

Figured I'd ask before letting it mess too much with my head!

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I had a weird anomaly just occur. I was testing the start of multiball and I slung the balls into the donut shop by hand. The coil let only 2 out of 3 balls out for multiball; it left the third one in the "locked" position. I noticed this, and I tried to gently push the "lock rod" down by hand to get the 3rd ball out. I could tell the lock rod wasn't going to give, so I just kept playing. Then, the game reset all by itself.
I went into diagnostics, and the coil behaved just fine after that; it brought the "lock rod" fully down during the test time in diagnostics mode. Then, I played three games - all of them enabling multiball by use of the flippers rather than "hand slinging" them into the donut shop, and all three times the game played just fine - no problems at all.
There's no credit dot or anything. Game is playing just fine.
Any thoughts? Was that just a random fluke? I read up on PinWiki for reset issues, but this isn't a pattern yet, and the coil was acting up not letting the third ball loose; it wasn't like "all is well" and then "BOOM...reset!"
Figured I'd ask before letting it mess too much with my head!

Have you lifted the pf and checked that assembly for any type of binding, broken or cracked parts? You could have a coil sleeve going bad, it's an old game.

#282 5 years ago

If you are running L-2 I wouldn't be too worried, mine also does this on occasion--then acts as if nothing had happened the next game.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you are running L-2 I wouldn't be too worried, mine also does this on occasion--then acts as if nothing had happened the next game.

Cool. Yep, I am running L-2 as well! Figured it was a bit of a random glitch, which leads me to my next response...!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you lifted the pf and checked that assembly for any type of binding, broken or cracked parts? You could have a coil sleeve going bad, it's an old game.

I am sure that could be the cause of it. I want to get a decent sized order going before buying this part. No use paying $5.00 shipping for a $0.50 part .

#284 5 years ago

Ok, so upon further testing today, it appears I have/had the dreaded "both flippers at the same time" reset problem. Found some loose board mounting grounding screws - that wasn't it. So I went to every wire connector on the Fliptronics board and reseated them. So far, everything is good. I hit the flippers together every time a ball drained, the Supercharger was active, or every time a ball locked, and everything went well - tonight....

Next, I am going to take all the wire connectors loose on the Fliptronics board, clean all of the male pins with coarse sandpaper, clean the female ends with tarnish-removal spray, apply dielectric grease to all of those connections, and re-seat all of those connectors back into place.

I am basically following these instructions in descending order: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#285 5 years ago

I had a bad ribbon cable causing resets. It didn't take much effort to pull it off.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I had a bad ribbon cable causing resets. It didn't take much effort to pull it off.

Do you remember which one ?

#287 5 years ago

Unfortunately, no. I think it's the short one between the driver board and MPU, but I replaced them all and don't remember which one was the culprit. It only cost about $20 or so at Great Plains for all of the cables. My machine has a Rottendog board so I figured I didn't have a normal reset issue. Found that one of the ribbon cables was very easy to pull off so I figured it wasn't making very good contact and that's why I went that route.

My DM had a reset issue that turned out to be BR2 that a forum pro fixed for me.

#289 5 years ago

Really love this card but can't find a instruction card to match this card.
getcard.jpg

I love the instruction card on this Pinsider Getaway, pretty sure this is a professional set.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-cq-high-speed-2-the-getaway-worth

#290 5 years ago

You, sir - are THE MAN.

Thank you! Ordered one already!

I narrowed my problem down to cold start resets. I am thinking it is the thermistor. I could get a piece of 10 gauge wire and bypass the thermistor to find out. I'd like to know if it is that or not before the "daughterboard" comes in.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Really love this card but can't find a instruction card to match this card.

These are the ones I use, they aren't the same but might work. PM me if you need the larger resolution file.
Getaway1.jpg
Getaway2.jpg

#292 5 years ago

I love the alternate translite. Is it an official variation?
Also, anyone, please help re tech post http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-failure-involves-all-lights-solenoids-nut-not-dmd-or-audio.
I am very impressed with Donut Heaven mod. Will these be made available to public? It is very schmick.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Kazak:

I love the alternate translite. Is it an official variation?
Also, anyone, please help re tech post http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-failure-involves-all-lights-solenoids-nut-not-dmd-or-audio.
I am very impressed with Donut Heaven mod. Will these be made available to public? It is very schmick.

The DH and other Getaway mods can be found here at http://mezelmods.com

#295 5 years ago

I want the cards Doughslingers had with the hot chick. They would match the alternate translate.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Isn't this just a well-engineered, well packaged hack?

Oh nice try...you almost got me...then I remembered my Pinside avatar.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

These are the ones I use, they aren't the same but might work. PM me if you need the larger resolution file.

Those look great. I prefer the Lombardini over the Ferrari. Thanks

Getaway1.jpg 44 KB

Getaway2.jpg 40 KB

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I already have the ROM, just reluctant to change it, I suppose I can always go back to L5 if I don't like it. Thanks.

???

Why would you be reluctant to change it?

I've changed mine a few times and have settled back on L2.

Play around and see what you like best.

#299 5 years ago

I finally installed my key mod...

Robert

Key Pic.JPG

#300 5 years ago

Heads up! A friend of mine (biglaw) is selling a cool mod that could possibly work for the getaway? Check it out!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-getaway-police-cars-little-different-verison
I could see this working well outside of the game if there isn't enough room on the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 10547 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside