• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 198.
#2901 3 years ago

Thanks tiltmonster, im not very good with schematics yet but im guessing since your connections looks the same as Kawyduds, my connectors on J504 and J505 must be switched . If the black wire and the black/yellow wire are just speaker wires i can just reverse them correct ? Or does it even matter as mine were working just fine before i started my restore.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks tiltmonster, im not very good with schematics yet but im guessing since your connections looks the same as Kawyduds, my connectors on J504 and J505 must be switched . If the black wire and the black/yellow wire are just speaker wires i can just reverse them correct ? Or does it even matter as mine were working just fine before i started my restore.

It's no problem, we are here to help the best we can so don't worry but I'm still confused about what's going on, perhaps you just have the molex connectors on the wrong pins? Maybe I need to re-read your post to see what issue you're having...

EDIT: So your wires came off the molex and you weren't sure where they went and reattached them and it's not the same as they were intended but they still work?

If that's the case I would still attach them the correct way, I'm not sure what harm would come of it if you left it but it's always best to put things back where they belong.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So when you run the T:Test, T14:Ramp test, the ramp fails to move up and down?

When running the ramp test, the up coil engages for the up position but fails to drop down. I can manually trip the notch plate to make the ramp drop to the down position. I'm not hearing the smaller coil engage which trips the release plate. Because of the location of the assembly underneath the play field, this one could be a tough one to trouble shoot!!

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

When running the ramp test, the up coil engages for the up position but fails to drop down. I can manually trip the notch plate to make the ramp drop to the down position. I'm not hearing the smaller coil engage which trips the release plate. Because of the location of the assembly underneath the play field, this one could be a tough one to trouble shoot!!

Hmmm... yeah, working on that sucks but that's pinball. I'll look at mine later to see what could be causing that to happen.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hmmm... yeah, working on that sucks but that's pinball. I'll look at mine later to see what could be causing that to happen.

Thanks tiltmonster, any guidance would be much appreciated!

#2906 3 years ago

Anyone have the plastic in the center of the game that reads "This time we're gonna nail that dirtbag". I am missing it so...

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Anyone have the plastic in the center of the game that reads "This time we're gonna nail that dirtbag". I am missing it so...

I think that plastic was part of the reproduction set, mine was all metal but had this decal inside the manual I put over top...

Upper_PF_(resized).jpg

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1674-XX

detail_(resized).jpg

#2908 3 years ago

oh, that's cool.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I think that plastic was part of the reproduction set, mine was all metal but had this decal inside the manual I put over top...

Yes, that plastic was part of the repro set done by CPR, and, if I recall correctly, was not original to the game. It makes a great addition to my Getaway.

#2910 3 years ago

OK so then...anyone have the decal!

:0)

#2911 3 years ago

I'd be interested in a decal too.

#2912 3 years ago

Was about to order ColorDMD for my Getaway but it says you have to have L2 or L5 roms? I run L1 and don't intend to change from L1 so I guess I can't use a ColorDMD?

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Was about to order ColorDMD for my Getaway but it says you have to have L2 or L5 roms? I run L1 and don't intend to change from L1 so I guess I can't use a ColorDMD?

I don't know about the L1 Rom not working with the ColorDMD but I had the L1 and switched out to L2 and love it... no issue with my ColorDMD or game play. Why don't you want to switch the Rom?

cop_(resized).jpg

DH_Colordmd_(resized).jpg

Translite_(resized).jpg

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I'd be interested in a decal too.

I don't know if my decal was original to the game when new but it was tucked away in the manual some 13 years ago. I bet someone here could remake that decal... let me know if a better pic would help.

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone know of a source for the "Getaway and car" banner decal that goes on the side of the upper ramp? Getting down to the last phases of a complete rebuild and thought I would replace my faded one.

You will want to PM "biglaw" as he may still have some to sell (he was the source for my replacement).

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You will want to PM "biglaw" as he may still have some to sell (he was the source for my replacement).

Yep, already have it installed! Thanks

#2917 3 years ago

I went from L5 to L2 rom and considered that an upgrade. The L2 rom is only $10 off ebay and super easy to install. Simple chip swap. I see no reason for that one little thing hold you back if you want a colordmd.

#2918 3 years ago

I have an L5 ROM.....How do you get to redline mania? Thanks

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You mean secret mania? You shift the shifter during the donut shop animation on ball lock 2
Red Line Mania is the 'wizard mode' for getting to the top gear (rpm shots to fill guage, shift, then repeat for each gear)

#2920 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You mean secret mania? You shift the shifter during the donut shop animation on ball lock 2
Red Line Mania is the 'wizard mode' for getting to the top gear (rpm shots to fill guage, shift, then repeat for each gear)

Wow! Thanks for that info!!! But isn't there a "redline mania" as well?

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! Thanks for that info!!! But isn't there a "redline mania" as well?

Yes, after getting to redline in 5th gear, shoot the supercharger to start the mode.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I don't know about the L1 Rom not working with the ColorDMD but I had the L1 and switched out to L2 and love it... no issue with my ColorDMD or game play. Why don't you want to switch the Rom?

I prefer how L1 increases supercharger boost (it's more difficult). No free ride / multiball bugs either.

#2923 3 years ago

Just had me a great game. I got one jackpot during multiball and I finished two video modes. And....made it to red line mania.

20160725_153244_(resized).jpg

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought this only worked when 3 police cars are showing

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Get rpm's hitting loops, shift gears, and getting to the end of 5th gear. That's pretty much the core of the game. Redline Mania is pretty cool but the best mode for points is the Supercharger Mode. If you can learn to quickly transfer the ball to the right flipper, hit the supercharger, and repeat you can get a lot of points easily. Of course, I always drain right when the mode starts.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Get rpm's hitting loops, shift gears, and getting to the end of 5th gear. That's pretty much the core of the game. Redline Mania is pretty cool but the best mode for points is the Supercharger Mode. If you can learn to quickly transfer the ball to the right flipper, hit the supercharger, and repeat you can get a lot of points easily. Of course, I always drain right when the mode starts.

Nice!

#2927 3 years ago

Just finishing up a total re-build of a nice, but very neglected (dirty) Getaway. Have a few things to finish up, but played my first game last night and had a blast. I still need to get the coin door from powdercoat and install my new ROM's and color DMD. Hope to get everything done late next week, and will post some pics of the finished product. No mods...just went back stock for now and then will add some things I am sure. So far:

1. Stripped, repaired and re-finished cabinet
2. Flowed all board connections / Replaced all burned Molex connectors
3. Replaced all back-box light sockets
4. Replaced Speakers
5. Completely stripped playfield and repaired and clear-coated saucer hole edges.
6. Sanded and re-cleared shooter lane
7. Re-built Pop Bumbers
8. Replaced all coil springs and sleeves
9. Replaced flipper bats and mechs
10. Installed cliffy's
11. Repaired ball trough (previous parts held by silicone caulk)
12. New ramp flaps
13. cleaned optos and adjusted diverter
14. New ramp decals
15. Complete new plastic kit (CPR)
16. Cleaned and leveled all inserts
17. Installed all LED's
18. cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned again...then triple waxed.
19. Fixed holes drilled in apron and powdercoated
20. Powdercoat coin door (Pick up next week)
21. Added red painted legs (Pinball life has them and are a great addition and match well)
22. Replaced a lot of odds and ends such as plungers, etc.

Anyone know of any known issues that I might have missed? Love this game! lol

#2928 3 years ago

Question...on one of the games I played last night, I had 2 or 3 locked balls and started a Multiball, however I only ended up with the single ball on the playfield, with 2 still locked. I am going to assume this is the "Forgotten Ball Lock" bug?

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Just finishing up a total re-build of a nice, but very neglected (dirty) Getaway. Have a few things to finish up, but played my first game last night and had a blast. I still need to get the coin door from powdercoat and install my new ROM's and color DMD. Hope to get everything done late next week, and will post some pics of the finished product. No mods...just went back stock for now and then will add some things I am sure. So far:
1. Stripped, repaired and re-finished cabinet
2. Flowed all board connections / Replaced all burned Molex connectors
3. Replaced all back-box light sockets
4. Replaced Speakers
5. Completely stripped playfield and repaired and clear-coated saucer hole edges.
6. Sanded and re-cleared shooter lane
7. Re-built Pop Bumbers
8. Replaced all coil springs and sleeves
9. Replaced flipper bats and mechs
10. Installed cliffy's
11. Repaired ball trough (previous parts held by silicone caulk)
12. New ramp flaps
13. cleaned optos and adjusted diverter
14. New ramp decals
15. Complete new plastic kit (CPR)
16. Cleaned and leveled all inserts
17. Installed all LED's
18. cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned again...then triple waxed.
19. Fixed holes drilled in apron and powdercoated
20. Powdercoat coin door (Pick up next week)
21. Added red painted legs (Pinball life has them and are a great addition and match well)
22. Replaced a lot of odds and ends such as plungers, etc.
Anyone know of any known issues that I might have missed? Love this game! lol

When your ready for mods my red Leg Light Ups would look great.

#2930 3 years ago

Any known reason why when I go into test mode, and after it reads off the errors, the flippers fire and at first the lower right would stick in the up position but now the upper right flipper gets stuck in the up position.

What gives?

#2931 3 years ago

What other games do you guys have that you like as much as Getaway?

Honestly, I just love this pin. It's pinball perfection IMO. Hard to find anything else that brings me as much joy or is as fun. I just love the theme and the shots.

#2932 3 years ago

Just joined the club! I have always wanted a getaway but haven't played much before. Any tips to guarantee I beat my wife and children at this game?

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Honestly, I just love this pin. It's pinball perfection IMO. Hard to find anything else that brings me as much joy or is as fun. I just love the theme and the shots.

i think Fish Tales is similar. WCS is nothing like it; not in a bad way.

#2934 3 years ago

I love this pin. It still makes me smile after so many years.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When your ready for mods my red Leg Light Ups would look great.

Post a pic of your mods....

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Just joined the club! I have always wanted a getaway but haven't played much before. Any tips to guarantee I beat my wife and children at this game?

Go for rpm, shift gears AFTER you get the burn rubber if it's lit, and make sure you at least get the single jackpot during multiball. They won't be anywhere near you if you do that.

#2937 3 years ago

I still have the stoplight mod kit available, if anyone is interested...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-the-getaway-stoplight-mod

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Post a pic of your mods....

Lots of pictures on my topic "New LED Leg Light-Ups". Have a look.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Any known reason why when I go into test mode, and after it reads off the errors, the flippers fire and at first the lower right would stick in the up position but now the upper right flipper gets stuck in the up position.
What gives?

Anyone willing to give a diagnosis ?

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Anyone willing to give a diagnosis ?

I'm stumped on that one.

#2941 3 years ago

I really wish we could post videos easily on Pinside instead of posting to YouTube first

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I really wish we could post videos easily on Pinside instead of posting to YouTube first

Would take up to much hd space. Your just posting a link to utube.

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

For me, that game is Spider-Man. It has it's differences, but it feels like it shares a lot of the same DNA. They are different enough that owning both doesn't feel redundant. It's just two different eras of pinball perfection.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Question...on one of the games I played last night, I had 2 or 3 locked balls and started a Multiball, however I only ended up with the single ball on the playfield, with 2 still locked. I am going to assume this is the "Forgotten Ball Lock" bug?

Don't know about any such bugs. I think the game should serve one ball at a time although my game rarely does so. I do have an issue where one ball gets caught on a switch arm and stays in the lock. I would check for that and test things out with the glass off.

Quoted from Grinder901:

What gives?

Test mode? You mean the menu? If coin door is open, high voltage is disabled so flippers should not work at all. Anytime a flipper is stuck up that is not good. That will burn up the coil. Sounds like a transistor on the board is busted. Does the game play okay?

Quoted from Sticky:

T2 comes to mind as a similar game. Although, I prefer variety in my collection. HS2 is a simple game so I think a deeper game like a modern Stern works well with it.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

T2 comes to mind as a similar game. Although, I prefer variety in my collection. HS2 is a simple game so I think a deeper game like a modern Stern works well with it.

exactly. i try not to have more than 1 game from the same designer. HS2 is my current steve ritchie. if i run into a nice, cheapish SM or STTNG, i'll make the swap one way or the other. variety is the spice of life.

#2946 3 years ago

So I fixed all the errors except the first opto which has a broken base.

It's that dang flipper firing on its own that's puzzling.

I'll get home and take some more video of the flipper issues. If I don't go into menu and just start a game, it start out fine but then either the upper right or lower right flipper gets stuck in the up position. Just don't know why

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

either the upper right or lower right flipper gets stuck in the up position

You've probably already looked at this but have you checked out the switch inside the cab for the flipper button, are the tabs bent? and contacting when they shouldn't be?

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You've probably already looked at this but have you checked out the switch inside the cab for the flipper button, are the tabs bent? and contacting when they shouldn't be?

I thought about that but will give it a strong look when I get home. Truth is only the right side is having this issue so maybe it's as simple as the switch being the issue

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I thought about that but will give it a strong look when I get home. Truth is only the right side is having this issue so maybe it's as simple as the switch being the issue

Yeah it's only a thought but it may be just on that borderline point of contact where it might activate sometimes and not others. I've sure had that issue on my JD, little bit different of course cause that's an opto thing, but the idea is still the same

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Terminator 2
Earthshaker
Whirlwind
Black Knight 2000

With Getaway, that's my top-5 in no particular order... a 5-way tie, and I own all 5.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 109.99
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside