• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 277.
#2751 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Hoping I could get some gamplay answers.
I got the donut heaven multiball and usually I try for the 25mil jackpot. Somehow I got that jackpot and a 50mil super jackpot. How exactly does the super jackpot work?
I collected the helicopter bonus but I have no idea how. What needs to be done to collect this?
I finally activated redline mania but what do I shoot for? Same style jackpot as during the getaway?
Thank you.

During multiball you qualify the jackpot by sending a ball into the supercharger. Then you collect by sending a ball into the lock (rear ramp) either by upper flipper or lower right flipper. The first jackpot requires 10 loops around the supercharger, the super jackpot requires 20 loops.

During multiball if you shoot the saucer you collect helicopter bonus.

Redline mania uses the same jackpot sequence.

Hope this helps.

#2752 7 years ago

In both mb and redline mania, you get jackpot then superjackpot. Supercharger loops used to relight jackpot shot and values go up each time.

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

In both mb and redline mania, you get jackpot then superjackpot. Supercharger loops used to relight jackpot shot and values go up each time.

This ^... for L2 Rom anyway

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

During multiball you qualify the jackpot by sending a ball into the supercharger. Then you collect by sending a ball into the lock (rear ramp) either by upper flipper or lower right flipper. The first jackpot requires 10 loops around the supercharger, the super jackpot requires 20 loops.
Hope this helps.

Correct, with one caveat. Helicopter bonus can only be collected during multiball after you've scored the first jackpot

#2755 7 years ago

Kornfreak - one thing to check is if the ball is hitting the plastic that covers the u-turn. I had that problem when I first got my game. I had to put spacers under the plastic to raise it half an inch or so.

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Kornfreak - one thing to check is if the ball is hitting the plastic that covers the u-turn. I had that problem when I first got my game. I had to put spacers under the plastic to raise it half an inch or so.

Hello jawjaw

Yes I put One clear spacer there and the ball stopped draining down the side but I might have to add another to see if speed improves. Still waiting for parts I ordered from marco....will post update

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Hope this helps.

Ah, it was 20 loops that did it when I collected into the lock. Thanks! Wow, to think I didn't know this all this time. Going to change my game completely (and my scores).

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just got my parts and removed the 2 screws to the actuator. How in the world do you get this diverter gate off? Its stuck in there! Hammer it out? Don't wanto to damage anything. Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2759 7 years ago

Diverter is off! Do I run some grease or oil on this thing and the actuator? If so, what kind? Liquid? Paste? Brand? Thanks!!!

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just got my parts and removed the 2 screws to the actuator. How in the world do you get this diverter gate off? Its stuck in there! Hammer it out? Don't wanto to damage anything. Thanks

Yeah, taking that off or adjusting it sucks... but that's pinball, some parts are just really hard to work on or access.

#2761 7 years ago

Picked up my third HS2 on Saturday, got it down in the basement today. Let the work begin!

#2762 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Diverter is off! Do I run some grease or oil on this thing and the actuator? If so, what kind? Liquid? Paste? Brand? Thanks!!!

Do you have a manual? If not you should get one or you can DL it, I'll check it when I can but I don't recall if that calls for lubricant (I know the drop post in the wire form does). Many machines don't use any sort of grease and I'm pretty oil is usually a no no

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Do you have a manual? If not you should get one or you can DL it, I'll check it when I can but I don't recall if that calls for lubricant (I know the drop post in the wire form does). Many machines don't use any sort of grease and I'm pretty oil is usually a no no

Sorry I didnt know the manual would tell me what kind of grease to apply

#2764 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, taking that off or adjusting it sucks... but that's pinball, some parts are just really hard to work on or access.

That's why god created gear pullers.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just got the diverter off...was just wondering if any grease should be applied

#2766 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Maybe you are right, I just ask because the diverter and actuator were covered with some type of grease

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you have a ultrasonic parts cleaner? Otherwise just scrub the shaft with some mild steel wool and use a tooth brush and soapy water in the threads of the set screw, put a light coat of oil on it and run it in and out a few times then wipe the oil off and you'll be good.

#2768 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you have a ultrasonic parts cleaner? Otherwise just scrub the shaft with some mild steel wool and use a tooth brush and soapy water in the threads of the set screw, put a light coat of oil on it and run it in and out a few times then wipe the oil off and you'll be good.

Like some WD-40?

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not sure about WD-40.

What do you suggest?

#2771 7 years ago

I use stuff called Super Web grease if I need to lube something up. Google it.

#2772 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I use stuff called Super Web grease if I need to lube something up. Google it.

I will. Thanks

#2773 7 years ago

Hope this helps...

The_Getaway__maintenance.pdfThe_Getaway__maintenance.pdf

#2774 7 years ago

Well I finally broke down and got some Cliffy protectors installed. I figured I'd protect my newly repaired out hole (repainted wear spot, applied CC, waxed it and put down Mylar) so it wouldn't get beat up. Props to Cliffy for some nice fitting parts.

Cliffy_Outhole_(resized).jpgCliffy_Outhole_(resized).jpg

Outhole_1_(resized).jpgOuthole_1_(resized).jpg

Cliffy_shooter_(resized).jpgCliffy_shooter_(resized).jpg

shooter_lane_(resized).jpgshooter_lane_(resized).jpg

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hope this helps...

Thats very nice of you! Thank you sir!

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well I finally broke down and got some Cliffy protectors installed. I figured I'd protect my newly repaired out hole (repainted wear spot, applied CC, waxed it and put down Mylar) so it wouldn't get beat up. Props to Cliffy for some nice fitting parts.

That looks nice! Maybe I can Install some in mine since I have it torn apart right now. Where they hard to install?

#2777 7 years ago

you'll have to hammer out a few posts if it's anything like my WCS. no biggy.

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

since I have it torn apart right now. Where they hard to install?

If you already have the playfield torn apart it only takes a few mins.

#2779 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That looks nice! Maybe I can Install some in mine since I have it torn apart right now. Where they hard to install?

Not hard at all, the shooter lane requires you to loosen the black wooden rail so you can slide the plate underneath it but the top is like replacing the rubbers except you'll need to take out the back metal ball stops.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/HS2.htm

Quoted from weaverj:

you'll have to hammer out a few posts if it's anything like my WCS. no biggy.

No hammer required, whew...

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thats very nice of you! Thank you sir!

NP. It's what we do here, good luck and enjoy your pin (once you get it put back together).

EDIT: The shooter lane will require you to remove the 1st screw under the PF from the wooden rail otherwise you'll never get the hole in the plate lined up. Maybe taking it out completely would be easier but I didn't need to remove it just loosen the other screws...

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

If you already have the playfield torn apart it only takes a few mins.

Thanks!

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not hard at all, the shooter lane requires you to loosen the black wooden rail so you can slide the plate underneath it but the top is like replacing the rubbers except you'll need to take out the back metal ball stops.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/HS2.htm

No hammer required, whew...

NP. It's what we do here, good luck and enjoy your pin (once you get it put back together).
EDIT: The shooter lane will require you to remove the 1st screw under the PF from the wooden rail otherwise you'll never get the hole in the plate lined up. Maybe taking it out completely would be easier but I didn't need to remove it just loosen the other screws...

Thanks! Guys, as you all know, my machine is torn apart. I went ahead and installed LEDs. The Super Charger is completely disconnected as you all know....so, I wanted to turn ON the machine to see if the LEDs work. Can I turn it ON even though the Super Charger is disconnected? Will that cause ANY issues or problems or shorts or damage to the boards or any componet? Thanks!

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I would say no grease. Some kind of light oil or graphite. Grease will get all gunked up over time.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Guys, as you all know, my machine is torn apart. I went ahead and installed LEDs. The Super Charger is completely disconnected as you all know....so, I wanted to turn ON the machine to see if the LEDs work. Can I turn it ON even though the Super Charger is disconnected? Will that cause ANY issues or problems or shorts or damage to the boards or any componet? Thanks!

Sure. You can turn it on with parts disconnected. It will not hurt anything. Just make sure you are not fiddling with things with the power on.

#2783 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would say no grease. Some kind of light oil or graphite. Grease will get all gunked up over time.

Sure. You can turn it on with parts disconnected. It will not hurt anything. Just make sure you are not fiddling with things with the power on.

Thanks jaw jaw!

#2784 7 years ago

Have you ever taken the back up and down ramp off? I'm almost there but I'm not sure if its several pieces or one big piece. Do you just pull it off the up and down arm? Thanks!

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Have you ever taken the back up and down ramp off? I'm almost there but I'm not sure if its several pieces or one big piece. Do you just pull it off the up and down arm? Thanks!

same here. need to rivot a flap on her. mine was missing.

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I did it once and don't remember it being difficult. There is a pin slides under ramp that has to be removed. Forget exactly how but access it through back of game.

#2787 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I did it once and don't remember it being difficult. There is a pin slides under ramp that has to be removed. Forget exactly how but access it through back of game.

So the pin under the ramp has to be removed? To me it looks like it just slides off if you pull the ramp away from the pin but I might be mistaken. What do you think?

#2788 7 years ago

#2789 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The ramp flap is supported by a pivot bar that must be removed from behind the backboard. It's just held on by a nut, which you must use plyers to hold the bar from the playfield side, then undo the nut from the backboard side. Remove that, along with the assembly that is the top of the ramp.

If memory serves, you need to undo the right wireform from the screw in the playfield near the lock area so it can be slid around and completely pull the supercharger loop away. Then the ramp assembly in the back corner can be accessed fully.. remove the screws holding it all down and to the sides.. and the bar under the ramp flap as described before.

That assembly is common for being hacked or bypassed and the flap fails and often isn't replaced.

#2790 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The ramp flap is supported by a pivot bar that must be removed from behind the backboard. It's just held on by a nut, which you must use plyers to hold the bar from the playfield side, then undo the nut from the backboard side. Remove that, along with the assembly that is the top of the ramp.
If memory serves, you need to undo the right wireform from the screw in the playfield near the lock area so it can be slid around and completely pull the supercharger loop away. Then the ramp assembly in the back corner can be accessed fully.. remove the screws holding it all down and to the sides.. and the bar under the ramp flap as described before.
That assembly is common for being hacked or bypassed and the flap fails and often isn't replaced.

Yes I can see that I will need to remove the wireform. I have two questions please.

1. As you can see in the last picture I posted, you can see the pivot bar wedged in the underside of the ramp in a bracket to hold it in. My question is, once I remove the wireform, all the screws and everything, is it even possible to just pull the ramp assembly "away" from the pivot arm and off the bracket? I was just trying to not unscrew the pivot arm. Will that be possible to just pull away from the arm to release the whole ramp assembly? Or pretty much the pivot arm has to be unscrewed no matter what? Sorry for the question but in the picture, it appears as if just pulling the ramp assembly away from the pivot arm will do the trick. What do you think?

2. If I must remove the pivot arm, when I put it back, will that cause ANY issues when I start a game? What I'm trying to say is: The arm pivot right now with the game disassembled is in the up position. If I remove the arm, the whole thing will problaly go down. Will this confuse the game or cause any problems because I messed with the position of the arm? Sorry but I just don't want to mess this up. Thanks!

#2791 7 years ago

I asked the last question because I read somewhere that I someone had issues when he put the ramp assembly back in the PF.

#2792 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday!
Playfield and plastics are near mint, flippers a bit weak and cabinet is faded and tatty so will have decals and all metalwork black powder coated at some point to make it 100%
Flipper rebuild kit, LED's, Mezel mods Donuts Heaven and alt translite ordered.

13689634_10157151438295472_447259624_n_(resized).jpg13689634_10157151438295472_447259624_n_(resized).jpg

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Playfield and plastics are near mint, flippers a bit weak and cabinet is faded and tatty so will have decals and all metalwork black powder coated at some point to make it 100%

Welcome!

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Welcome to the club.

#2795 7 years ago

Hello guys,

Anybody want to make a suggestion about post 2790? Thanks

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

cancel the alt translite order and you can stay .

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

1. As you can see in the last picture I posted, you can see the pivot bar wedged in the underside of the ramp in a bracket to hold it in. My question is, once I remove the wireform, all the screws and everything, is it even possible to just pull the ramp assembly "away" from the pivot arm and off the bracket? I was just trying to not unscrew the pivot arm. Will that be possible to just pull away from the arm to release the whole ramp assembly? Or pretty much the pivot arm has to be unscrewed no matter what? Sorry for the question but in the picture, it appears as if just pulling the ramp assembly away from the pivot arm will do the trick. What do you think?

I'd remove the pin from the pivot arm. It *might* be possible to remove the ramp assembly without removing the pin but I wouldn't try it.

2. If I must remove the pivot arm, when I put it back, will that cause ANY issues when I start a game? What I'm trying to say is: The arm pivot right now with the game disassembled is in the up position. If I remove the arm, the whole thing will problaly go down. Will this confuse the game or cause any problems because I messed with the position of the arm? Sorry but I just don't want to mess this up. Thanks!

No, there won't be any confusion - the game knows if the ramp is up or down. You may need to adjust the pin slightly when you put it back together to make sure the ramp doesn't go too high or not high enough.

#2798 7 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

I'd remove the pin from the pivot arm. It *might* be possible to remove the ramp assembly without removing the pin but I wouldn't try it.

No, there won't be any confusion - the game knows if the ramp is up or down. You may need to adjust the pin slightly when you put it back together to make sure the ramp doesn't go too high or not high enough.

Thanks!!! This is the info I needed! I removed a big triagle shaped "wall" that is next to the ramp to the left. This will most probably give me the space I need to just pull away from the arm without having to unscrew it. I think its worth a try.

Why do you say you wouldn't try it? Do you forsee any problems if I try it? Thanks!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks!!! This is the info I needed! I removed a big triagle shaped "wall" that is next to the ramp to the left. This will most probably give me the space I need to just pull away from the arm without having to unscrew it. I think its worth a try.
Why do you say you wouldn't try it? Do you forsee any problems if I try it? Thanks!

Not sure if these pictures will help or not but I will say it was way easy to have this mechanism adjusted/removed with the playfield out. If that's not difficult for you, highly recommend so you can get it dialed in perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap#post-2799198

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You seem to really want to try to do it that way, so give it a shot. If it looks like anything's getting damaged, stop and unscrew the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.