• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,990 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
20190821_170332 (resized).jpg
RampTargetCover (resized).png
RampSupport (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
InkedIMG_7682_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
2A9415BF-BFC8-4653-9297-25CAFA99EE59 (resized).jpeg
A52C5077-FFD8-4652-80E8-E51718B36F66 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).JPG
FreewayEntrance (resized).jpg
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_0390 copy (resized).jpg
5F1DDBAC-D8F0-479C-9366-78445A5EE615.jpeg
IMG_7623 (resized).JPG

There are 9763 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 196.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Anyone local want some inexpensive Getaway wall art?

How much do you want for it?

#2702 3 years ago

Thanks to Beatmaster! It was very difficult but we did it!

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Thanks to Beatmaster! It was very difficult but we did it!

Most excellent. I was wondering when someone was gonna do that, now I'm gonna have to contact him for one. Thanks for getting that done.

#2704 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

How much do you want for it?

Was going to ask $50.

#2705 3 years ago

Woohoo! Just set my personal best at 181 million & change. Also, set new loop record at 8. Game is really fun when it gets cranking! Now I have a 200 million plus goal!

#2706 3 years ago

Im looking for a NOS or repro getaway playfield. If you have one shoot me a pm. Thanks!

#2707 3 years ago

Hey guys. Just picked up a nice players Getaway. Quick question...the right flipper button appears to be a double switch for controlling 1 then 2 right flippers. It is not working for me though. Both right flippers engage when the first switch is contacted. The second switch doesn't do anything.

Is this normal or should you be able to flip the bottom with a mid touch and both with a full press of the best?

Thanks!!!

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hey guys. Just picked up a nice players Getaway. Quick question...the right flipper button appears to be a double switch for controlling 1 then 2 right flippers. It is not working for me though. Both right flippers engage when the first switch is contacted. The second switch doesn't do anything.
Is this normal or should you be able to flip the bottom with a mid touch and both with a full press of the best?
Thanks!!!

What rom are you using? I could be wrong, but I believe L-1 doesn't support the 2 stage flipper.

#2709 3 years ago

L2 is in there not but L5 is on the way...

Thank you...!

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

L2 is in there not but L5 is on the way...
Thank you...!

Somewhere in this thread they discuss the different code updates. Check that out before you decide to switch to L-5. This is one of the rare games where later code isn't necessarily better. Each version has its own bugs.

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Thanks!!!

It's staged. 2nd flipper should not engage until button halfway pressed in. Probably just need to adjust the leaf switch.

#2712 3 years ago

Anyone know of a source for a decent replacement metal apron? The one I have has been drilled and trashed, and before I start the process of having the holes welded shut, I though I would try and locate a replacement.

#2713 3 years ago

Picked up a nice Getaway, and outside of the apron issue mentioned above, the pin is in really nice shape, and has a great playfield. At this point, it just needs a lot of cleaning and TLC. With that said, the cabinet is terribly faded, as most are. I have new decals coming, and the cabinet itself is still in great shape, so it shouldn't be too big a project. So with that said, I have a couple of questions for those of you that have already restored your cabinets:

1. Is the old artwork screen printed or a decal that will need to be scraped?
2. What color paint did you use to match?
3. Are stencils available to re-paint the yellow text on the back of the cabinet?

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to getting this pin back up and running!

#2714 3 years ago

Here is a demo someone did removing Fish Tales decals.

#2715 3 years ago

I think the original side art were decals.

I have no idea about the apron but I put decals over mine.

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/getaway/getaway.htm

Apron_Decal_(resized).jpg

#2716 3 years ago

Thanks, I ordered the apron decals, but the old apron had been drilled for a metal plate.....not sure what it said, but they butchered the apron doing it. I have it in the shop now getting welded. I had hoped to find a replacement, but I am not having any luck there.

I saw the fish-tales video some time ago, and it is full of good info. I was just trying to find out of the original artwork was a decal or silk screening. With a Fish-Tales, you can see and feel the vinyl they are made from..and with all of the colors, they would be hard to screen. With the Getaway, we are only working with a couple of colors, and given I can feel the texture of the paint on mine, I thought maybe the art work was silk-screened.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thanks, I ordered the apron decals, but the old apron had been drilled for a metal plate.....not sure what is said, but they butchered the apron doing it. I have it in the shop now getting welded. I had hoped to find a replacement, but I am not having any luck there.
I saw the fish-tales video some time ago, and it is full of good info. I was just trying to find out of the original artwork was a decal or silk screening. With a Fish-Tales, you can see and feel the vinyl they are made from..and with all of the colors, they would be hard to screen. With the Getaway, we are only working with a couple of colors, and given I can feel the texture of the paint on mine, I thought maybe the art work was silk-screened.

If that's the case, I would see if another WPC apron will fit, repaint it and apply the new decals.

#2718 3 years ago

The graphics are screen printed. I just finished doing mine. Check out my restoration threaed. Might have some useful info for you.
"The Getaway Cabinet restoration". Can't seem to link it from my BlackBerry. There is a link for it around page 40-41. Maybe someone could link it for me.

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The graphics are screen printed. I just finished doing mine. Check out my restoration threaed. Might have some useful info for you.
"The Getaway Cabinet restoration". Can't seem to link it from my BlackBerry. There is a link for it around page 40-41. Maybe someone could link it for me.

Thanks, I will check it out

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-cabinet-restoration

#2721 3 years ago

Thank you sir.

#2722 3 years ago

Well heck, I would have never thought they were screened on, I have a small, thin chip at the very top of the cabinet under the lock down and I thought it was just the decal. Good to know and just goes to show you're never too old to learn something new. Thanks for the info and the link.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's staged. 2nd flipper should not engage until button halfway pressed in. Probably just need to adjust the leaf switch.

Not true, the rom version will enable/disable the staging regardless of the switches.

I know L5 's staged, L2 is not.

#2724 3 years ago

is there suppose to be a sticker on the plunger lane apron extension? it looks naked.

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is there suppose to be a sticker on the plunger lane apron extension? it looks naked.

Nope

#2726 3 years ago

It could use something

#2727 3 years ago

something like this:

ISP-A665R_(resized).jpg

#2728 3 years ago

subtle, classy.

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Here is what I did for mine, but I like the gear shifting too.

ShooterCover.jpg

#2731 3 years ago

Tonight, mid game my machine just locked up and the DMD only had a line scrolling through it. Now even after a reboot the same happens.

Here is a video.

Any thoughts?

#2732 3 years ago

I would turn off the power and check the game rom chip to see if it's seated properly, perhaps just give it a slight push in (don't overdo it). Going off your vid, the GI seems to be flickering as well. I doubt it's just the DMD that's stuffed up BUT try re-seating the ribbon cable to the DMD while you have the power off as well, see what happens. Every now and then my FT display goes wacko and the ribbon cable connector is always the culprit (probably needs replacing).

#2733 3 years ago

Would someone be able to explain what 'Special' does? When it is lit in the outlanes and you go over it the machine does the knockback and lights up SPECIAL on the DMD but what does it actually do?

Is the only way to make use of it with the kickback active on the left outlane? I did this once and it seemed I was scoring more points but it was all over so fast I wasn't too sure.

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Would someone be able to explain what 'Special' does? When it is lit in the outlanes and you go over it the machine does the knockback and lights up SPECIAL on the DMD but what does it actually do?
Is the only way to make use of it with the kickback active on the left outlane? I did this once and it seemed I was scoring more points but it was all over so fast I wasn't too sure.

Special can be set in your options to be free ball, free game... you light the kickback by hitting all 3 lower white targets.

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Special can be set in your options to be free ball, free game... you light the kickback by hitting all 3 lower white targets.

Thanks it's set to points.

Do you happen to know how many points you get?

#2736 3 years ago

not sure about the point total, but i set special for points, replay for extra ball, then disable match.

#2737 3 years ago

Hello guys!

My Super Charger is a bit slow. I took it apart to inspect it. Do you guys think my rivets on my diverter are supposed to be like that? Are they from factory? Or a hack job? I'm trying to figure out if these rivets are possibly slowing down the ball? Can anybody maybe take a pic of your diverter? What do you guys think of the rivets? Thanks!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you guys think of the rivets? Thanks!

Yeah, that's normal. The bottom rivet is recessed so the ball flying round the supercharger doesn't bounce off it weirdly (also would slow it down). I bought a brand new assembly a while back and it looks exactly the same.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah, that's normal. The bottom rivet is recessed so the ball flying round the supercharger doesn't bounce off it weirdly (also would slow it down). I bought a brand new assembly a while back and it looks exactly the same.

Wow thanks! You have saved me some money as I was about to buy a new one! So the ball doesn't hit the top rivet?

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

What else could be slowing the ball down? Old coil sleeve? Old plunger? The actuator is very tight so that is not it....

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow thanks! You have saved me some money as I was about to buy a new one! So the ball doesn't hit the top rivet?

No, there's enough clearance to miss it, as far as i know. If the supercharger is slow it will be another reason. The ball could be hitting something else. Read back through the posts on this thread (yeah i know, LOT of pages ) but from memory this issue has been brought up a few times, and the remedies (my memory for that part is sketchy )
I had an issue with my original one ages ago but that was due to one of the 2 pressed rivets that hold the left side of the assembly to the main ring section, one rivet had snapped off completely and basically it was sagging at the joint (where it enters the magnet portion). This made the supercharger go slow as well, BUT i doubt that will be your problem, i've not heard of that happening to anyone else in this club.......so far !

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

No, there's enough clearance to miss it, as far as i know. If the supercharger is slow it will be another reason. The ball could be hitting something else. Read back through the posts on this thread (yeah i know, LOT of pages ) but from memory this issue has been brought up a few times, and the remedies (my memory for that part is sketchy )

I'll be up all night reading LOL! Thank you very much sir!

#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What else could be slowing the ball down? Old coil sleeve? Old plunger? The actuator is very tight so that is not it....

Check the magnets (and opto switches in the SC), faulty magnets and/or switches could slow the SC... run your SC tests and let us know what happened.

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Check the magnets (and opto switches in the SC), faulty magnets and/or switches could slow the SC... run your SC tests and let us know what you happened.

Well I would have to wait until I put it all back together but I will let you know.

Some questions: I have run the done the tests but honestly all seems to work fine. How can I find out for sure a magnet is out?

If I do have a bad magnet, how do I replace it? Is it hard to do? Thanks

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well I would have to wait until I put it all back together but I will let you know.
Some questions: I have run the done the tests but honestly all seems to work fine. How can I find out for sure a magnet is out?
If I do have a bad magnet, how do I replace it? Is it hard to do? Thanks

Pretty simple and there are 2 tests you need to run.

T.12 Supercharger - enter this test and enable all 3 magnets by pressing up or down test buttons, then launch a ball by hand into the SC. You should see the optos open as it passes through (closed by default). If opto is stuck in open position by default then you have a problem as it will not activate the corresponding magnet.

T.13 SC Time Test - enter this test and roll a ball into the SC. Once up to speed, see what your avg is. I think it should at least be in high 80's but don't exactly remember. If all mags are working but you are getting slow rates then may be mag related.

I also had some issues with one of the fuses (see earlier post in this forum) where it kept blowing. I believe the issue for me was a couple of bad optos. After replacing, my SC has worked perfectly for some time now.

#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

T.12 Supercharger - enter this test and enable all 3 magnets by pressing up or down test buttons, then launch a ball by hand into the SC. You should see the optos open as it passes through (closed by default). If opto is stuck in open position by default then you have a problem as it will not activate the corresponding magnet.
T.13 SC Time Test - enter this test and roll a ball into the SC. Once up to speed, see what your avg is. I think it should at least be in high 80's but don't exactly remember. If all mags are working but you are getting slow rates then may be mag related.
I also had some issues with one of the fuses (see earlier post in this forum) where it kept blowing. I believe the issue for me was a couple of bad optos. After replacing, my SC has worked perfectly for some time now.

You can test them 1 at a time by setting 2 switches to closed but the full test with them open should show them working as the ball passes the optos. If there is a faulty opto, most of the time the transceiver is bad but it is possible for the receiver switch to be bad or out of whack. Yes, high 80's like 88 is ok, when mine game was firing well it was hitting in the low 90's but I haven't run the test in a while...

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thank for this great info!!!

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You can test them 1 at a time by setting 2 switches to closed but the full test with them open should show them working as the ball passes the optos. If there is a faulty opto, most of the time the transceiver is bad but it is possible for the receiver switch to be bad or out of whack. Yes, high 80's like 88 is ok, when mine game was firing well it was hitting in the low 90's but I haven't run the test in a while...

Great info, thanks!!

#2749 3 years ago

Hoping I could get some gamplay answers.

I got the donut heaven multiball and usually I try for the 25mil jackpot. Somehow I got that jackpot and a 50mil super jackpot. How exactly does the super jackpot work?

I collected the helicopter bonus but I have no idea how. What needs to be done to collect this?

I finally activated redline mania but what do I shoot for? Same style jackpot as during the getaway?

Thank you.

#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Check the magnets (and opto switches in the SC), faulty magnets and/or switches could slow the SC... run your SC tests and let us know what happened.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 9763 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside