• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 88 votes
    33%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 263 votes by 262 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SAM_2 (resized).JPG
SAM_1 (resized).JPG
DSC_0992 (resized).JPG
DSC_0991 (resized).JPG
DSC_0990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0255 (resized).JPG
IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
get 1 (resized).jpg
get 3 (resized).jpg
get 2 (resized).jpg
DMD Ground (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-resize.gif
IMG_2398.JPG
20190630_133440 (resized).jpg

There are 9591 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 192.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Inside cab decals for Getaway, are there any out there ?
R.g
Matt

Can you please clarify? What exactly are you looking for?

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I am working on some homemade ones that I will print on my own. I don't know if I will like them or not. My idea is to print on oversized coated paper on a color laser printer the use double-sided tape to attach, but I will have to print on 3 separate sheets per blade and splice together. Thought I would try the poor man's route before I spent money on real decals or mirrors (I think I would really like mirrors, but a little fearful of scratching them and wasting the $$$).
Even though I did the artwork myself originating from images I could find on the web, I did "borrow" the overall design concept from tilt's take on them. My plan is to leave the right blade "as is" but add the Getaway Lambo to the left one (same design as in center of playfield - not shown in image as I've not yet completed).
I would possible be open to other Getaway design ideas if anyone is looking for a DIY blade project.

I finished designing, printing, cutting, and installing my homemade blades. Overall, I like the way they look and they were pretty easy to install. My one complaint is that the blade template is actually too tall in my opinion, and much of my artwork doesn't show. If I had to do it again (and I just might sometime soon), I would make the blades shorter and scale the artwork to be a little smaller. Anyway, here are some pics. Please note that I was too lazy to get out the real camera, so these were taken with me cell phone (makes it look like the playfield is foggy).

GetawayBlades_(resized).jpg
IMG_0144_(resized).JPG
IMG_0146_(resized).JPG
IMG_0145_(resized).JPG
IMG_0147_(resized).JPG
IMG_0148_(resized).JPG

#2653 3 years ago

got to see speaker sample. trying to figure how to put good pics. inserted some but were to small to really tell anything.top is sample

IMAG0426.jpg
IMAG0428.jpg
IMAG0427.jpg
IMAG0431.jpg

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

These just arrived. Can't wait to put them on once the chrome is finished

Would love to see pics of blades when installed. I'm wondering if they end up looking like my homemade ones where all you really see is sky and tops of mountains. I modeled mine from a mirror blade pattern, and didn't think to actually measure visible part of blade before I created the design.

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

got to see speaker sample. trying to figure how to put good pics. inserted some but were to small to really tell anything.

You need to take high resolution photos (digital camera or even new cell phone) in good lighting. Then when uploading to forum, first try selecting "Original Size" for image (dropdown to the right) and if that fails select "High-res". You must select the resolution setting before adding the images. Default is "Med-res" which often is not the best for showing close-up and detail.

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would love to see pics of blades when installed. I'm wondering if they end up looking like my homemade ones where all you really see is sky and tops of mountains. I modeled mine from a mirror blade pattern, and didn't think to actually measure visible part of blade before I created the design.

Oh I will def post pictures of the cabinet gameblades but it'll be a while. I just picked up the majority of the parts that were chromed so those are going on now. Then the cabinet decals are getting redone. Then the game blades.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#2657 3 years ago

Speaking of pieces. I have these two pieces that came with my other getaway parts but I'm stumped on where they go. I do t have the ramps back yet so baby they go with the ramps. Any ideas?

image_(resized).jpg

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Speaking of pieces. I have these two pieces that came with my other getaway parts but I'm stumped on where they go. I do t have the ramps back yet so baby they go with the ramps. Any ideas?

Pretty sure they're not from Getaway as i just swapped playfields and it doesn't look familiar.

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Pretty sure they're not from Getaway as i just swapped playfields and it doesn't look familiar.

Thanks man. Yea I saved your thread and it def helped when putting some of these pieces back even though I took a bunch of my own pictures.

I should have my ramps back in a week or so I hope. Im staring at this super charger assembly and this looks like a nightmare

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg

#2660 3 years ago

Glad it's helping someone.

You know what... I believe the "U" piece is the U turn part of supercharger that diverter will guide to left wire form. Forgot that I left my SC together. Not recalling the other piece you have.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Glad it's helping someone.
You know what... I believe the "U" piece is the U turn part of supercharger that diverter will guide to left wire form. Forgot that I left my SC together. Not recalling the other piece you have.

Here is one of the mystery pieces and the Uturn plastic side by side. I don't see how the holes match up but once I get the ramps together, I'll know more

image_(resized).jpg

#2662 3 years ago

A separate issue is this new coin door I had chromed. It's laid out differently than the original. The coin door switch is missing from the new. So do I have to somehow mount the old white switch in the cabinet?

Also the new coin door doesn't come with a ground wire like the old one had. Anyone make the switch and come across these issues?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh I will def post pictures of the cabinet gameblades but it'll be a while. I just picked up the majority of the parts that were chromed so those are going on now. Then the cabinet decals are getting redone. Then the game blades.

WOW....look at that table fully of goodies.

#2664 3 years ago

The metal tag on the new door (ringed here) is used on some doors to activate the white switch that is mounted inside the cabinet, fitted to a bracket that is screwed inside the front wood of the cabinet.

door_(resized).jpg

#2665 3 years ago

Thanks so now I need to get this bracket. Can you steer me towards where I can find what I need?

Would either of these work?

Also, the new coin door not having that ground wire, not a big deal?

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2666 3 years ago

I just ran into the same problem with the new coin door I got for my Getaway. You need the switch assembly bracket but not the double one. You need the single. Marco has it in stock. I just ordered it. I'll link it for you when I get home.

#2667 3 years ago

Haha of course. I just went and bought both of the above ones

But yea please send me your link

#2669 3 years ago

Ok got it thanks!

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I just ran into the same problem with the new coin door I got for my Getaway. You need the switch assembly bracket but not the double one. You need the single. Marco has it in stock. I just ordered it. I'll link it for you when I get home.

So now that we are fixing the coin door switch issue with the new coin doors, what about the lack of a ground wire on the new coin door?

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#2671 3 years ago

Is there not an extra screw hole where the service switch mounts ? Dont see it on your second photo.

#2672 3 years ago

Hmm there is this:

image_(resized).jpg

The ground wire in the old one is much longer and was grounded in the cabinet. I guess I could take the old ground out and just run the new one like the old one.

image_(resized).jpg

#2673 3 years ago

Also,

Let's say I damage or otherwise lose a metal playfield piece. What are my options? I've looked but is there a site that carries replacement playfield like curved ball guides?

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Let's say I damage or otherwise lose a metal playfield piece. What are my options? I've looked but is there a site that carries replacement playfield like curved ball guides?

There are some ball guides still available for most later machines, it varies depending upon machine. Marco's have some but not all. If it's a matter of a busted tab that a screw goes though then you can fix that by silver soldering. Anything is possible to be repaired when you are talking about metal parts. It's also possible you could get most, if not all ball guides remade from scratch but you would need one to copy it of course.

#2675 3 years ago

Ok got my bracket from Marco:

image_(resized).jpeg

#2676 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm still having problems with the donut heaven area releasing balls for multiball and I've adjusted the hooks several times. I think it's the solenoid. I went through the solenoid test and number 4 works for a bit then sort of stops if I keep the test on repeat. That would be the one, right?

Is there any wiring I need to check or does it just need to be replaced? Advice is appreciated.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Hi everyone,
I'm still having problems with the donut heaven area releasing balls for multiball and I've adjusted the hooks several times. I think it's the solenoid. I went through the solenoid test and number 4 works for a bit then sort of stops if I keep the test on repeat. That would be the one, right?
Is there any wiring I need to check or does it just need to be replaced? Advice is appreciated.

I would put a multi meter on it and see if it is still getting voltage when it stops working.

#2678 3 years ago

Balls are getting stuck on one of the switches on mine from time to time. I would start with testing everything in the test menu.

#2679 3 years ago

I just got around to redesigning my custom blades after realizing the art wasn't high enough on the blade to show properly (see earlier post). Anyway, here are some pics. If you are interested in making your own, I'm happy to provide the Photoshop file and/or the PDFs of each section.

Since I don't have a banner/wide format printer, I just printed in 3 sections per side on glossy 11x17 on laser printer. Then I cut out with straight edge and razor knife, used appropriate color sharpie around all outside edges (not joints), taped sections together on backside, then used double-sided tape around all edges, joints, and sporadically on back of blades.

To install, I cut out the circle for the backbox hinge, unscrewed the hinge, placed blade so that it aligned with bottom edge of glass channel, then moved playfield around until I could press down on all around to secure the blade. After putting hinges back on and putting playfield back into place all was good.

I realize this is a poor man's DIY, but I really like the look and feel of having the blades. If the seems end up bothering me too much (they are barely noticeable) then I may spring for professionally printed ones in the future.

0_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).JPG

2_(resized).JPG

3_(resized).JPG

4_(resized).JPG

#2680 3 years ago

Nah man it looks great!

#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Nah man it looks great!

I think so too, the blue and white really light the sides up nicely.

#2682 3 years ago

Pretty cool you did that yourself. Looks great!

#2683 3 years ago

Looks great! Does it catch when you lift the playfield?

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks great! Does it catch when you lift the playfield?

No, not at all. It is just thick gloss paper with very thin Scotch double sided tape. I did notice scratches on my first set towards the back below the Playfield, so if I ever bought mirrors or even professionally printed blades, I would also line sides of Playfield with something to prevent scratching. Also, I now know to be very careful when lifting Playfield.

#2685 3 years ago

My playfield scratches the HELL out of my cabinet. Es no bueno. This can't be normal. When I have the cabinet redone, I'll def have that issue address so I'm not scratching it or the decals that'll be there anymore:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

My playfield scratches the HELL out of my cabinet. Es no bueno. This can't be normal. When I have the cabinet redone, I'll def have that issue address so I'm not scratching it or the decals that'll be there anymore:

Looks like your latches (slide assembly) are an issue, the springs are not in the right spot and the Ground cable was cut too...

I'll try to post you some fixes and a pic

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Looks like your latches (slide assembly) are an issue, the springs are not in the right spot and the Ground cable was cut too...
I'll try to post you some fixes and a pic

Thanks. That's an old picture. I think we fixed the spring issue at least:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2688 3 years ago

Spent some of Father's Day tweaking this and that on my games. Replaced old flipper buttons with chrome style, installed the coin door bracket and sensor in the cabinet to make contact with the new coin door and a few others.

So noticed the old coin doors connector and the new coin door connector aren't exactly the same. Should I be concerned?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

My playfield scratches the HELL out of my cabinet.

The photos show that you are missing a screw from the metal piece (leg?) on the back-left corner of the playfield. This will allow the metal to rotate and dig into the side of the cabinet. This can also push the playfield into the opposite wall of the cabinet, causing scratches there.

Given the large amount of scratches in different places however, it's also quite likely that the cabinet isn't actually square anymore.

#2690 3 years ago

Ugh. Yea I see the missing screw and will put one back there.

I'll have my cabinet guy fix whatever issues it might have once the playfield comes out and the thing gets sanded, painted and decaled. I have a feeling he is going to earn every bit of what he's going to charge me

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I have some internal cabinet scratching, but not to your extent. However, it does appear that all of this would be below the visible portion of the blades when the playfield is in normal operation position. This is another reason why I wanted to custom make my own. I didn't really care if they got damaged since I have virtually no $$$ in them (just some of my time). I would definitely be bummed if I dropped $50 to $100 for professional printed or mirror blades then I scratched them to heck.

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Spent some of Father's Day tweaking this and that on my games. Replaced old flipper buttons with chrome style, installed the coin door bracket and sensor in the cabinet to make contact with the new coin door and a few others.
So noticed the old coin doors connector and the new coin door connector aren't exactly the same. Should I be concerned?

As long as it's a 13 pin .156 you should be fine as long as the pins are wired correctly. It looks like there isn't the connector key housing in the 4th slot and the original was capped, no big deal.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CF156K

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks. That's an old picture. I think we fixed the spring issue at least:

Yes, that now looks correct. The slide assembly is there so it can lift the playfield higher and make it easier to work on the back end of the PF (I wish some of the older pins had this installed) the angle on the bracket helps it slide forward and upward, once it clicks in place the backend of the bracket elevates and holds it in place allowing you to raise it higher than the cabinet. The issue is that the spring breaks or falls out because of the design and then the assembly will damage the cabinet, especially if people pull it too fast.

#2694 3 years ago

Hey Grinder, sorry im just getting back to you with the coin door photos you asked for. Ended up staying at the cottage a few extra days.
As you can see, my new coin door is different than yours but here are a few photos.

This is the end of the ground that connects inside the cabinet...
IMG_20160620_133132_(resized).jpg

The other end of the ground im just going to secure to the flange that you can see in the picture. That is where my service switch will be secured too. I think that should be fine but someone please chime in if they see something wrong with this scenario.
IMG_20160620_133235_(resized).jpg

Here is a shot of the full coin door
IMG_20160620_133257_(resized).jpg

#2695 3 years ago

quick question about scoring. i have a prototype rom and i feel like i don't get any points unless i hit a jackpot. i may get 15-20 million without a multi-ball jackpot; 50-60 with one. does that sound right? seems pretty lopsided. my old DM and current WCS score way better, imo. could it just be the rom?

#2696 3 years ago

In the old p roms, you can't get rpm's off the speed millions inner loop shot. But you can get rpm's off the left ramp. Outer loops still give you rpm's too. Supercharger ramp value doesn't go up hitting the white kickback targets. Video mode is worth more at 50 mil versus about 27 mil in current roms. The supercharger 2 ball is worth a lot if you can keep that going. I believe super jackpot's are no different. It's harder to achieve a billion on Getaway than on WCS or DM. It just doesn't score as high as the other two games. I've had over 10 billion on the other 2 games and only 3 bil on Getaway for my high.

#2697 3 years ago

yeah, i'm not comparing high scores or anything. just feels like scoring distribution should be better. maybe i'm on crack.

#2698 3 years ago

Anyone local want some inexpensive Getaway wall art?

IMG_2294_(resized).JPG

IMG_2293_(resized).JPG

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Anyone local want some inexpensive Getaway wall art?

That's actually not too bad

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's actually not too bad

There's worse out there for sure. It has some planking by the upper traffic lights but the other stuff could be fixed if someone really wanted to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpinteria, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 9591 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 192.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside