• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 277.
#2551 7 years ago

It looks like the left flipper is too low, I'll see if I can get a pic of mine flipped up but here is how mine are set

Apron_Decal_(resized).jpgApron_Decal_(resized).jpg
Titan_flipper_shot_(resized).jpgTitan_flipper_shot_(resized).jpg

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It looks like the left flipper is too low, I'll see if I can get a pic of mine flipped up but here is how mine are set

Even with the mm or so adjustment, they are still way off from each other when extended.

#2553 7 years ago

I'm thinking it must be something mechanical. Check bothe flipper assemblies underneath. Are you positive they are both exactly the same? It seems like one has more travel than the other.

#2554 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Even with the mm or so adjustment, they are still way off from each other when extended.

probably coil stops

#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

probably coil stops

I agree. Probably used different coils stops on each one without noticing. I would check that first. Just lift the playfield and manually lift each flipper bat. You should be able to tell what is stopping the one but not the other.

#2556 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can you please post pics with the PF raised and pics of the underside of the flippers... coils, sleeves, springs and stops.

#2557 7 years ago

I can post coil pics later, but here is something else I discovered. I got out a straight edge to check alignment of flippers to lane guides. I was surprised in that even though both flippers were matched exactly to their guide hole spacing, they were clearly in different alignment to the lane guides (primarily the left). When I aligned to the lane guides using a straight edge, now the range is similar enough but visually the flippers have different spacing from their relative guide hole. Based on this experience, I am concluding that maybe the alignment holes are not an exact science.

#2558 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Based on this experience, I am concluding that maybe the alignment holes are not an exact science.

Speaking as a manufacturer I can assure you that you are 100% correct!!! This also applies to many things that some are so "anal" about.

#2559 7 years ago

I would figure out what's going on with the travel in the flippers first. Proper alignment is easy enough afterwards.

#2560 7 years ago

So this weekend while playing my HS2, I just hit 5th gear and the Red Light Mania art showed up on the DMD then the game just shut down. GI, DMD, sounds, everything, then it came back up as if I had just turned the machine on. Attempted to reproduce and couldn't. Any thoughts on why the machine would of just reset? Also, I am running L5, any known issues like this with that build?

#2561 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can post coil pics later, but here is something else I discovered. I got out a straight edge to check alignment of flippers to lane guides. I was surprised in that even though both flippers were matched exactly to their guide hole spacing, they were clearly in different alignment to the lane guides (primarily the left). When I aligned to the lane guides using a straight edge, now the range is similar enough but visually the flippers have different spacing from their relative guide hole. Based on this experience, I am concluding that maybe the alignment holes are not an exact science.

Mine was off a little in the up position and equal in the down. I found that the linkage stops were the same so I took a crescent wrench and tweaked the stop bracket. All even now. Maybe the same with your game?

#2562 7 years ago

Okay, so here are pics of my flippers.

1) down position (these are aligned straight to lane guides)
2) up position
3) under both
4) under left
5) under right

IMG_0107_(resized).JPGIMG_0107_(resized).JPG

IMG_0108_(resized).JPGIMG_0108_(resized).JPG

IMG_0109_(resized).JPGIMG_0109_(resized).JPG

IMG_0110_(resized).JPGIMG_0110_(resized).JPG

IMG_0111_(resized).JPGIMG_0111_(resized).JPG

#2563 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1) down position (these are aligned straight to lane guides)
2) up position
3) under both
4) under left
5) under right

I'm not sure whats going on there based on the pics because I can only see these on my phone atm but do those coil bases have the little plastic nipple in the slot? Maybe they are moving? Were those coils that way when you purcahsed the pin and were the coil sleeves replaced?

#2564 7 years ago

Well, I recently purchased some themed target covers for the Getaway, and really liked the idea and looks. However, I had issues with a couple of them separating over a short period of time. They were kind of expensive for what they are, so I decided to create my own. It took a little time to make them, but in the end I like the results (although I cannot cut exact circles like the die cut ones, but for me they were close enough). Therefore, I decided to share them with anyone else who wishes to create their own themed targets. I've included photos of the targets on my pin and a pic of the adhesive tape I used (I'm at the end of the roll). The target include the following:

3 x Red Light
3 x Yellow Light
3 x Green Light
2 x Speedometer
2 x Nitrous Gauge
2 x Tachometer

File is here: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/ftp/pinball/TargetSheet.zip

Process is as follows:

1 ) Print target sheet on 4x6 high gloss, high quality photo paper on your photo inkjet printer
2 ) Cut out individual targets into squares
3 ) Cut strips of 3M VHB clear adhesive tape (I purchased at local home supply store)
4 ) Attach adhesive tape to back side of each square target cutout while carefully aligning it to where cut circle target will be completely covered by the tape
5 ) Cut out 1" circle targets with scissors by hand (or if you can think of a better way, then please share)
6 ) Use a black Sharpie to color the white edge of the paper around the circumference of the circle
7 ) Clean and try playfield targets
8 ) Remove red tape backing (I used a razor knife to separate) then adhere to the appropriate target

While these are obviously not cut as cleanly as the ones you buy, they are very low cost and good enough for my taste. If you take your time and do a good job, in life-sized view you really don't notice the imperfections of the cut.

IMG_0114_(resized).JPGIMG_0114_(resized).JPG
IMG_0115_(resized).JPGIMG_0115_(resized).JPG
IMG_0116_(resized).JPGIMG_0116_(resized).JPG

#2565 7 years ago
Quoted from jdb9294:

Any thoughts on why the machine would of just reset?

If the machine resets at any time during the game it's most always due to the watchdog circuit tripping, so it has dropped too far below the 5 volt. Usual fix is to rebuild the section on the driver board (new caps, etc). I'm pretty sure this has been explained somewhere back in the pages of this thread.

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure whats going on there based on the pics because I can only see these on my phone atm but do those coil bases have the little plastic nipple in the slot? Maybe they are moving? Were those coils that way when you purcahsed the pin and were the coil sleeves replaced?

Coils are the same as purchased, but sleeves and rest of the assembly are new. If it is not something overly obvious, I am okay with the setup I have arrived to at this point. However, if something simple, I am more than happy to experiment.

#2567 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For my money, if you have used identical rebuild kits in both then it MUST be down to the stop bracket upright OR the bracket end the coil is attached to. Do either ends look like they are bent inwards? this would potentially reduce the amount of throw in the coil and hence the travel in the flipper. It's the only feasible explanation left

#2568 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

However, if something simple, I am more than happy to experiment.

It is simple, the flipper with the least amount of travel needs to have the part of the flipper bracket with the rubber plug bent slightly away from the coil. No you have a little more travel and you will need to readjust the bat for the down position again.

#2569 7 years ago

There is a wiki page about wpc resets. Sorry I don't have the link but should be easy to find. It gets posted a lot. Never had reset problems. My Congo died in the middle of a game not long ago. Mpu board was corroded and had to be replaced. I would check for corrosion on your board as well. Probably a power issue like mancave said but check the basics.

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While these are obviously not cut as cleanly as the ones you buy, they are very low cost and good enough for my taste. If you take your time and do a good job, in life-sized view you really don't notice the imperfections of the cut.

These look quite good but may i suggest coating them on the print side with some mylar cause photo paper marks very easily and also loses the pigment over time due to bending, etc. All those ball hits are gonna hurt

#2571 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I recently purchased some themed target covers for the Getaway, and really liked the idea and looks. However, I had issues with a couple of them separating over a short period of time. They were kind of expensive for what they are, so I decided to create my own. It took a little time to make them, but in the end I like the results (although I cannot cut exact circles like the die cut ones, but for me they were close enough). Therefore, I decided to share them with anyone else who wishes to create their own themed targets. I've included photos of the targets on my pin and a pic of the adhesive tape I used (I'm at the end of the roll). The target include the following:
3 x Red Light
3 x Yellow Light
3 x Green Light
2 x Speedometer
2 x Nitrous Gauge
2 x Tachometer
File is here: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/ftp/pinball/TargetSheet.zip
Process is as follows:
1 ) Print target sheet on 4x6 high gloss, high quality photo paper on your photo inkjet printer
2 ) Cut out individual targets into squares
3 ) Cut strips of 3M VHB clear adhesive tape (I purchased at local home supply store)
4 ) Attach adhesive tape to back side of each square target cutout while carefully aligning it to where cut circle target will be completely covered by the tape
5 ) Cut out 1" circle targets with scissors by hand (or if you can think of a better way, then please share)
6 ) Use a black Sharpie to color the white edge of the paper around the circumference of the circle
7 ) Clean and try playfield targets
8 ) Remove red tape backing (I used a razor knife to separate) then adhere to the appropriate target

I like those, so realistic looking. Yes you should have put a couple layers of mylar over them.

#2572 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

It is simple, the flipper with the least amount of travel needs to have the part of the flipper bracket with the rubber plug bent slightly away from the coil. No you have a little more travel and you will need to readjust the bat for the down position again.

This.

And the same thing as what I mentioned. I must not have explained it well enough. Just bend the tab with a crescent wrench. Its the tab that has the rubber stop in it and the "elbow" of the linkage stops against. This will allow the flipper to rest a bit lower. Then adjust the bat and it will go a little higher.

#2573 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

This.
And the same thing as what I mentioned. I must not have explained it well enough. Just bend the tab with a crescent wrench. Its the tab that has the rubber stop in it and the "elbow" of the linkage stops against. This will allow the flipper to rest a bit lower. Then adjust the bat and it will go a little higher.

Now I understand. The idea is to extend the resting position which will give the bat more overall travel when activated. I will give this a try, and report my results.

#2574 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like those, so realistic looking. Yes you should have put a couple layers of mylar over them.

Great suggestion, but I will have to buy some. Can you get Mylar at a hobby or craft shop (I have never used the stuff before)?

#2575 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Great suggestion, but I will have to buy some. Can you get Mylar at a hobby or craft shop (I have never used the stuff before)?

I bought mine at Staples, other office stores have it too besides craft stores. Buy the thick stuff.

#2576 7 years ago

Loop champion numbers?

On my Getaway, the loop champion usually has 4 or 5 loops. Since the default to beat is only 3, I feel like this is a pathetic number. What are some other record numbers of loops out there, and do you have to tweak anything to score lots of loops?

#2577 7 years ago

My Getaway came from The Pinball Show in Arizona from 1992. It was the game that was given to the winner of the tourney. Played at their home only and I bought it in 1993. So I'm the 2nd owner. I don't remember ever changing the coils but I believe we did do the linkage. I have 15 loops on my game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

My Getaway came from The Pinball Show in Arizona from 1992. It was the game that was given to the winner of the tourney. Played at their home only and I bought it in 1993. So I'm the 2nd owner. I don't remember ever changing the coils but I believe we did do the linkage. I have 15 loops on my game.

Thanks for the pics. It would appear to me that your left flipper is slightly misaligned to the right one (a little lower, but this could be just my perception). However, considering this it also looks like your range of motion on both flippers is identical (left is a fraction lower than right both in lower and upper positions). I'm going to attempt the brute force method of bending out the left flipper mount and see if I can get mine to be more equal.

#2579 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Loop champion numbers?
On my Getaway, the loop champion usually has 4 or 5 loops. Since the default to beat is only 3, I feel like this is a pathetic number. What are some other record numbers of loops out there, and do you have to tweak anything to score lots of loops?

7 on mine. Nothing tweaked, has the fat or double post like many do at the loop entry

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

7 on mine. Nothing tweaked, has the fat or double post like many do at the loop entry

7 here also with same setup.

#2581 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That is the correct post for that area, a double ring Star post. 7 loops is my best but idk when I did that, must of been a long time ago because 5 is my tops lately.

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That is the correct post for that area, a double ring Star post. 7 loops is my best but idk when I did that, must of been a long time ago because 5 is my tops lately.

Can someone explain what "loops" are for this purpose? I've seen the stat on the DMD, but haven't taken the time to look it up or figure it out on my own. BTW, mine shows 42 . . . is that good?

#2583 7 years ago

1 loop is the ball going from the upper right flipper into the "turn around" and coming back to the upper right flipper.

42 would be...uh.....impressive

#2584 7 years ago

Slim is right how it counts. 42 loops is probably from the multiball bug that gives you 255 seconds of free ride. I would see games on location with that high of a loop total. Tiltmonster, your flippers look to high. It appears my left flipper can be lowered a little bit too.

#2585 7 years ago

Jeebus. Single digits seems to be the norm. 42 is just nuts (also, it's the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything).

#2587 7 years ago

For all of you commenting on my loops, did you not see my growing nose emoji (ie Pinochio reference)? Looks like another failed attempt at levity on my part.

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The loops have to be in a row right?

Yes. Some titles just total them across the whole game, but hs2 is a meanie and only counts streaks.

#2589 7 years ago

16 loops for me but my machine is missing the double star post

#2590 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

16 loops for me but my machine is missing the double star post

That's cheating!!

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The loops have to be in a row right?

For the most part yes.

I have had on a couple occasions, when you initially launch the ball, do a couple loops. Let it immediately drain, when the ball save kicks it back out and up if you make more loops it will count those as part of the streak.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

That's cheating!!

I prefer the idea it's stretching the truth

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I prefer the idea it's stretching the truth

Right back atcha !

#2594 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who added the ball well lighting (or whatever it is called where the balls drain between the flippers underneath the apron), do you get a bad reflection on the DMD? I love the lighting on the playfield, but given the angles and my height (6'3") the reflection of the light strip is right on the middle of the DMD (btw, I also have a bent plastic installed).

So, I end d up removing the light then under mounting it on the apron to where it pointed down instead of out. The reflection is much improved, and still lights the flipper area well.

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought mine at Staples, other office stores have it too besides craft stores. Buy the thick stuff.

Check out ebay. All kinds of sizes including large sheets you can cut yourself. I've been looking at this one -- most of the cutouts I'd want are already done for me.

ebay.com link: Mylar Set versatile Set for most Pinball Machines 26 pieces

#2596 7 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Check out ebay. All kinds of sizes including large sheets you can cut yourself. I've been looking at this one -- most of the cutouts I'd want are already done for me.
ebay.com link » Mylar Set Versatile Set For Most Pinball Machines 26 Pieces

Yup that'll work.

#2597 7 years ago

If you have thought about trying Rubylith to convert your DMD from orange to red, here is my take on it (I was not satisfied).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-red-dmd-filter/page/3#post-3174232

#2598 7 years ago

So, I finally decided to try and figure out why often times pressing flipper buttons results in points (doesn't seem to be the same score every time). What I discovered so far through testing switches is that sometimes the center trough switch (57) will open when flippers are pushed (left or right). Could this be the cause of my issue? If so, how do I fix it? If not, where else should I look?

#2599 7 years ago

I'm going to install my l.e.d. kit soon. Thinking about replacing all the rubber too. Anybody have advice what I should replace with? I need to buy a kit for it. Too much work for me to figure out all the stuff on my own. I'm thinking about those translucent ones? Thanks.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

I'm going to install my l.e.d. kit soon. Thinking about replacing all the rubber too. Anybody have advice what I should replace with? I need to buy a kit for it. Too much work for me to figure out all the stuff on my own. I'm thinking about those translucent ones? Thanks.

Titan Competition Silicone is the way I went, not a fan of the translucent but that's your call...

Titan_upper_PF_(resized).jpgTitan_upper_PF_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/52?hl=jdb9294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.