• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 88 votes
    33%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 263 votes by 262 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,946 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0992 (resized).JPG
DSC_0991 (resized).JPG
DSC_0990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0255 (resized).JPG
IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
get 1 (resized).jpg
get 3 (resized).jpg
get 2 (resized).jpg
DMD Ground (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-resize.gif
IMG_2398.JPG
20190630_133440 (resized).jpg
0EC720AA-4132-422F-A42F-A7332ACDAC34 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2396.JPG

There are 9585 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 192.
#2451 3 years ago

Okay, so I finally got tired enough of looking at that big silver metal plate where the Donut Heaven mod goes. However, I really didn't want to spend the bucks right now on a top-of-the-line 3D printed version. Therefore, I put my Photoshop skills to work, and came up with a self-printed version that was to my taste.

So, here is what I did. I created an image in Photoshop based upon my best rendition of the Donut Heaven from the DMD with a few twists. Mine has a neon sign, a red metal roof, and the police cars are crown vic's. I then printed on my Epson 6 color inkjet photo printer using high quality glossy thick photo paper. From here I cut out with a paper cutter, ran a black Sharpie around the outside edges to hide the white color of the paper, pre-bent to conform to the metal piece, then applied double-faced Scotch tape around all for sides on the backside of the paper. Once carefully applied to the metal, I then poked holes where the screws go and mounted the plate back inside the pin.

I have posted both a pic of the finished product installed, along with a full-scale JPEG file of the original artwork so anyone can download and create their own if they would like.

Enjoy!

IMG_0065_(resized).JPG

DonutHeaven.jpg

#2452 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, so I finally got tired enough of looking at that big silver metal plate where the Donut Heaven mod goes. However, I really didn't want to spend the bucks right now on a top-of-the-line 3D printed version. Therefore, I put my Photoshop skills to work, and came up with a self-printed version that was to my taste.
So, here is what I did. I created an image in Photoshop based upon my best rendition of the Donut Heaven from the DMD with a few twists. Mine has a neon sign, a red metal roof, and the police cars are crown vic's. I then printed on my Epson 6 color inkjet photo printer using high quality glossy thick photo paper. From here I cut out with a paper cutter, ran a black Sharpie around the outside edges to hide the white color of the paper, pre-bent to conform to the metal piece, then applied double-faced Scotch tape around all for sides on the backside of the paper. Once carefully applied to the metal, I then poked holes where the screws go and mounted the plate back inside the pin.
I have posted both a pic of the finished product installed, along with a full-scale JPEG file of the original artwork so anyone can download and create their own if they would like.
Enjoy!

Hey that's pretty cool, I like it. Just a suggestion here, put some cops sitting at tables along with a couple other customers and maybe a waitress with a tray and maybe slant the sign so when the paper lays flat it looks like the sign is standing straight up. How many layers is your picture?

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey that's pretty cool, I like it. Just a suggestion here, put some cops sitting at tables along with a couple other customers and maybe a waitress with a tray and maybe slant the sign so when the paper lays flat it looks like the sign is standing straight up. How many layers is your picture?

Not bad but here is the one that came with some plastic set, or so I was told... I have not been able to make this work, maybe you can.

Donut_Heaven_decal_2_(resized).jpg

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not bad but here is the one that came with some plastic set, or so I was told... I have not been able to make this work, maybe you can.

Are you working in layers? That's the key. I could see your picture having about 15 layers.

#2455 3 years ago

No, I'm not good at any of that stuff, heck I can't even get it to be the correct shape! I wish I could replicate this one, it 's the right graphics and theme, plus I do not like the plastic model Donut Heaven. Having said that, there is something I like about the chrome plate reflecting the lights...

#2456 3 years ago

Oh I see, I thought you had more experience. Layers is so easy to use, when you put the building in click on layers-add and add a cop on that layer etc. PS is really fun to play with and if you don't like a layer you haven't locked you can delete it and start that layer over. PS for Dummies is a great book.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I guess you don't actually have the digital artwork? I saw this one, but wasn't really interested in putting the time in to recreate it.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good ideas, definitely my first crack at it but ran out of time (also just noticed my roof shape is off at the top - guess I used wrong guide line on the right). I played with silhouettes, but didn't come up with anything I liked in the short time I had. I will have to play with the perspective on the sign to see if I can make it look more vertical (probably some perspective and shadowing).

Regarding layers, a couple of dozen probably. I created the police cars in a separate file, and derived it from an actual photo of a crown vic. I had to make it look more like plastic/cartoon and then custom add on things like lights and such to cover the real ones. The sign is also a separate file and creating the neon effect was several layers with effects. Everything else is in a file with just a few layers: background, glass, open sign, door handle, building front, and roof.

#2459 3 years ago

With layers you can do soooo much. How about a dog sitting up waiting outside by the front door.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Spent a little more time on it tonight, here is the updated version.

DonutHeavenV2.jpg

#2461 3 years ago

Nice work, tantrum. Looks great. I found a hazard yellow and black strip sticker to cover mine.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I love it man. My Getaway came with the Donut Heaven mod from Mezel. I don't think the original metal cover came with the game.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah that looks better but can ya light the people up a little and move the dog outside so he's lit up? Does the sign look like it's standing up now if you put it on?

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that looks better but can ya light the people up a little and move the dog outside so he's lit up? Does the sign look like it's standing up now if you put it on?

Probably more work than I am willing to put into it right now, but I am happy to share the Photoshop files with you if you would like to customize to your liking.

#2465 3 years ago

I see. I wish I could get your files but I don't have PS on my Windozzz. I had PS 7 on my Mac a few years ago and got pretty good with it but I don't have my Mac anymore.

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Probably more work than I am willing to put into it right now, but I am happy to share the Photoshop files with you if you would like to customize to your liking.

Thanks! Looks good but I still want to try and remake the other one. I like the "cartoonish" theme... I'm thinking I'll try to capture a pic from my colorDMD to work with.

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see. I wish I could get your files but I don't have PS on my Windozzz. I had PS 7 on my Mac a few years ago and got pretty good with it but I don't have my Mac anymore.

You need to try a free program called PAINT.NET. It is a great free alternative to Photoshop with layer editing, etc.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Click Ads can be confusing on this page, just click the "paint.net 4.0.9" text link at the very top right of the page to get to the download links.

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thanks! Looks good but I still want to try and remake the other one. I like the "cartoonish" theme... I'm thinking I'll try to capture a pic from my colorDMD to work with.

Here is what I used as my model from color DMD (not mine - I wish!)

DMD.jpg

#2469 3 years ago

game rom q. i go into test and it says rev p-c, then sound l-1 2.22, 3/24/92. does that mean i'm running prototype p-c?

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You need to try a free program called PAINT.NET. It is a great free alternative to Photoshop with layer editing, etc.
http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
Click Ads can be confusing on this page, just click the "paint.net 4.0.9" text link at the very top right of the page to get to the download links.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

#2471 3 years ago

Okay, I just finished complete LED upgrade (have not added all my extras yet, just the standard illumination), and I must say "wow!" I cannot believe how awesome the updated lighting makes the pin look. I am going to put together before/after shots, as well as a bulb guide for those of you wishing to upgrade to LED, but are too intimidated to put together your own kit (much more affordable this way).

However, I have one HUGE problem now. I did all of my flashers first, and every one of them tested perfectly. Then I did GI, back box, and finally inserts. When I was done I proceeded to test everything and all illumination works except now none of the flashers will work. I tested all the fuses, did a visual of the circuit boards and connections, but I cannot figure out what I did to kill the flashers. Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating to get all of this work done with the pin looking great, but the flashers all stopped working even though they worked when I tested them after initial LED upgrade.

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated

Did you hold in the high power cutoff switch when you were testing? The white ones just inside the coin door on the left?

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I just finished complete LED upgrade (have not added all my extras yet, just the standard illumination), and I must say "wow!" I cannot believe how awesome the updated lighting makes the pin look. I am going to put together before/after shots, as well as a bulb guide for those of you wishing to upgrade to LED, but are too intimidated to put together your own kit (much more affordable this way).
However, I have one HUGE problem now. I did all of my flashers first, and every one of them tested perfectly. Then I did GI, back box, and finally inserts. When I was done I proceeded to test everything and all illumination works except now none of the flashers will work. I tested all the fuses, did a visual of the circuit boards and connections, but I cannot figure out what I did to kill the flashers. Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating to get all of this work done with the pin looking great, but the flashers all stopped working even though they worked when I tested them after initial LED upgrade.

None of the flashers work?

Is this only the case in test mode?

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Did you hold in the high power cutoff switch when you were testing? The white ones just inside the coin door on the left?

I've never had to do that before when testing them, and when I do try there is no change.

None of the flashers work at all in test mode or in game play.

#2475 3 years ago

I guess I'll join this club now too! I got my restored High Speed 2 a couple of months ago.I have an extra Kenwood Stereo System in my game room and hooked it up to that.....WOW!!....I did not notice that the 5 flashers in the back box were not working until a few days after I had it. And I can not figure out just what the problem is? I tried putting in LED flashers....but they would blow out! Strange....And I am using the kind! So for now...no workie...Also I tried to hook up the Blue flasher mod...but it freaks the game out when activated so its left unhooked for now. Must be a wire shorting....or a bad transistor somewhere??

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Perhaps a fuse? I think F111 on the driver board is for the flasher secondary circuit (from memory), i went to look it up on my manual and can't find the bloody thing

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

Also I tried to hook up the Blue flasher mod...but it freaks the game out when activated

I have the blue flasher mod on my machine and never had any issues in all the time i've had it hooked up, hmmmmm, not sure about that one

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've never had to do that before when testing them, and when I do try there is no change.

Sorry to hear about the problems but I'm sure we can get you fixed up. I'll have to look at the schematics later when I have time to see if all flashers are on the same string but...

1. Check for a broken wire trace the string to/from the back box
2. Check all your fuses, you mentioned you had done this but how did you test them?
3. Check your molex connections are solid and make sure all the wires are firmly connected, sometimes they will become loose and not make contact with the pins in the board
4. Check the board and pins are all working correctly, no loose or broken pins
5. Check high voltage board, caps, fuses and such....

All this will be much easier when you/we can determine what string and connector these are associate with but in the meantime you should post something in tech forum. I have to go and don't know when I'll have time to look into this, maybe later today or tonight.

#2479 3 years ago

Trying to describe the flasher and mod issue is a bit confusing here....I just know when the mod is hooked up it makes the red light on top try to work constantly, like...(yea the like word" lol...).everytime you hit a pop bumper or a sling the topper slightly flashes with it. And if I put a normal flasher in the back box ( where the 5 go ) it will get real bright and make a coil fire where the donut shop mod is. And I'm probably still not getting my message across in right way, So we have this guy in our area "atari Jim " who is REALLY good at tracing this stuff. So I guess I will load it up one day and have hime do his magic, He hates MODs though....LOL...

#2480 3 years ago

Well, my flasher issue ended up being a simple one. With the help of a forum member, he instruction me to look at LED 5 on the main board. It was not lit which signifies a circuit break. I replaced F111 (even though I thought I had tested it as good) and LED 5 immediately LIT and so did flashers.

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, my flasher issue ended up being a simple one. With the help of a forum member, he instruction me to look at LED 5 on the main board. It was not lit which signifies a circuit break. I replaced F111 (even though I thought I had tested it as good) and LED 5 immediately LIT and so did flashers.

Good news. Just curious, how are you testing fuses? Are you using a multi-meter?

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

Trying to describe the flasher and mod issue is a bit confusing here....I just know when the mod is hooked up it makes the red light on top try to work constantly, like...(yea the like word" lol...).everytime you hit a pop bumper or a sling the topper slightly flashes with it. And if I put a normal flasher in the back box ( where the 5 go ) it will get real bright and make a coil fire where the donut shop mod is

Must admit i've never heard of this happening before. When a coil activates (pop bumper, sling) it makes the mars lamp temporarily flash? I doubt that the actual mod would be causing this issue but some quick questions if i may. Are these the blue flasher mods from Mezel mods (1 either side of the mars lamp) we are talking about? Were the flashers already attached when you got the machine or you attached them yourself, did you follow the instructions provided to the letter? I could show a pic from my machine how it's all wired in but i also have 2 cop cars attached to the mars lamp circuit so it has a double splitter in the wiring, i don't want to confuse the issue. This has got me stumped i must say, as far as i know the mars lamp isn't directly connected to the coil circuit. Is there any effect when you hit the flipper buttons?

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

Trying to describe the flasher and mod issue is a bit confusing here....I just know when the mod is hooked up it makes the red light on top try to work constantly, like...(yea the like word" lol...).everytime you hit a pop bumper or a sling the topper slightly flashes with it. And if I put a normal flasher in the back box ( where the 5 go ) it will get real bright and make a coil fire where the donut shop mod is. And I'm probably still not getting my message across in right way, So we have this guy in our area "atari Jim " who is REALLY good at tracing this stuff. So I guess I will load it up one day and have hime do his magic, He hates MODs though....LOL...

I would bet you've got some crossed wires or maybe something got attached together in those strings causing everything in those strings to engage when one of the parts are triggered. This of course is just a guess but I once had some solder drop on two separate stings basically making the two strings one... this was on some standup targets and GIs, the only way I realized it was three lights would blink at the same time and then when one target was hit all three would register.

Quoted from Mancave:

Must admit i've never heard of this happening before. When a coil activates (pop bumper, sling) it makes the mars lamp temporarily flash? I doubt that the actual mod would be causing this issue but some quick questions if i may. Are these the blue flasher mods from Mezel mods (1 either side of the mars lamp) we are talking about? Were the flashers already attached when you got the machine or you attached them yourself, did you follow the instructions provided to the letter? I could show a pic from my machine how it's all wired in but i also have 2 cop cars attached to the mars lamp circuit so it has a double splitter in the wiring, i don't want to confuse the issue. This has got me stumped i must say, as far as i know the mars lamp isn't directly connected to the coil circuit. Is there any effect when you hit the flipper buttons?

Good point, if you did not install these mods you cannot be sure how or where they were connected into the machine. You could look to see how these are attached to the pin.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Good news. Just curious, how are you testing fuses? Are you using a multi-meter?

Yes and with the fuses out of the game.

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes and with the fuses out of the game.

Well, I was actually testing fuses in-socket. But I assure you, I have learned my lesson given all the grief my error caused me. Thank you all for your advice and getting me back up and running. I cannot believe the difference LEDs make. It is like an entirely different pin now.

As I stated earlier, my plan is to do a write up and inventory of bulb types, sockets, etc. that I used to help out future LED conversions for others on this pin, along with before/after pics. Since I fully customized my LEDs (did not buy a kit), I put several hours into figuring everything out. To my surprise, I was only off one bulb where somehow I had logged it as a #555 when it was actually a #44. Fortunately, I had purchased a couple of extras of each type, so now I am 100% LED. My next steps are to install the mod lighting features that I purchased (tachs, back of pin, mountain spot, et. al.)

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I was actually testing fuses in-socket. But I assure you, I have learned my lesson given all the grief my error caused me. Thank you all for your advice and getting me back up and running. I cannot believe the difference LEDs make. It is like an entirely different pin now.
As I stated earlier, my plan is to do a write up and inventory of bulb types, sockets, etc. that I used to help out future LED conversions for others on this pin, along with before/after pics. Since I fully customized my LEDs (did not buy a kit), I put several hours into figuring everything out. To my surprise, I was only off one bulb where somehow I had logged it as a #555 when it was actually a #44. Fortunately, I had purchased a couple of extras of each type, so now I am 100% LED. My next steps are to install the mod lighting features that I purchased (tachs, back of pin, mountain spot, et. al.)

Pinside is great for support, especially in the tech sections, some of these guys are just insane with the knowledge they have, it has helped me become pretty good at doing most repairs myself and if I don't know how to fix it there is usually someone who does know.

At this point I'm thinking about buying a few bargain basement pins that I've found and try to fix them up, I almost enjoy fixing and tweaking the machines as much as I like playing them; however, I do not claim to know more my limited experiences with my 2 pins but I think it would be a fun project bringing a pin back to life...

Anyway, I'm glad it has worked out for you, enjoy the "new" machine!

#2487 3 years ago

Meh... too much glare but I'll play around with them

DH_Colordmd_(resized).jpg

cop_(resized).jpg

#2488 3 years ago

FYI, I kept getting check switch 67 errors whenever I went into test mode and finally realized that the metal piece was completely missing on the micro switch, so the machine never knew when a ball passed down the left wire ramp. Ordered a replacement and promptly received from PBL, then attempted to install last night. Given the position and that a resister was on the switch it was like performing surgery to get the old one off and the new one soldered into place.

I was all proud of myself when I had everything back together and turned on the machine to test, when now I had multiple switch errors and the new switch would not show closes not matter what I did. Well, after thinking to myself and closer inspection, I had accidentally soldered the resistor on backwards from what it was originally (a very fine dark gray line on one side of the barrel). I performed the entire process again of removing and re-soldering this tiny piece (I really needed at least 3 hands, but somehow managed to do it with 2). When it came time to turn the machine back on I was in fear that I had messed something up royally, but to my surprise the new switch worked and all errors were gone. Even so, I know that resistors are not directional, so I am a little confused why my repair did not work the first time.

Moral of the story is to take detailed pictures before you take something apart and put it back exactly the same. I was kind of lazy and figured I had this, but obviously I caused myself much more time and effort to get it right. I consider myself fortunate that I didn't damage something and cost myself more time and money to repair my mistake.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Meh... too much glare but I'll play around with them

Found a good PS tutorial if you want to create something that looks like DMD display:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/color-dots/

#2490 3 years ago

Those aren't resistors, they are diodes. Think of them as an electronic check valve if you do anything mechanical. They only allow the current to flow one way. Installing them backwards allows signals to go the wrong way in the matrix, creating the errors you were getting.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I kept getting check switch 67 errors whenever I went into test mode and finally realized that the metal piece was completely missing on the micro switch, so the machine never knew when a ball passed down the left wire ramp. Ordered a replacement and promptly received from PBL, then attempted to install last night. Given the position and that a resister was on the switch it was like performing surgery to get the old one off and the new one soldered into place.
I was all proud of myself when I had everything back together and turned on the machine to test, when now I had multiple switch errors and the new switch would not show closes not matter what I did. Well, after thinking to myself and closer inspection, I had accidentally soldered the resistor on backwards from what it was originally (a very fine dark gray line on one side of the barrel). I performed the entire process again of removing and re-soldering this tiny piece (I really needed at least 3 hands, but somehow managed to do it with 2). When it came time to turn the machine back on I was in fear that I had messed something up royally, but to my surprise the new switch worked and all errors were gone. Even so, I know that resistors are not directional, so I am a little confused why my repair did not work the first time.
Moral of the story is to take detailed pictures before you take something apart and put it back exactly the same. I was kind of lazy and figured I had this, but obviously I caused myself much more time and effort to get it right. I consider myself fortunate that I didn't damage something and cost myself more time and money to repair my mistake.

That was a diode, not a resistor

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That was a diode, not a resistor

Thanks, and consider me educated. After Googling, I now understand how diodes differ from resisters, and that they are directional. Nobody told me I was going to have to use my brain so much when I bought a pinball machine.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks, and consider me educated. After Googling, I now understand how diodes differ from resisters, and that they are directional. Nobody told me I was going to have to use my brain so much when I bought a pinball machine.

Good job and yes, baby steps... we all started at the same place but soon you will be fixing stuff left and right, because

1. You'll have to
2. You aren't afraid to try anymore
3. You'll go broke paying someone to fix it for you and grow old waiting for them

#2494 3 years ago

Just finished my LED conversion with pics below. Please note the following:

1) Pics do not do the upgrade justice (harder to photograph than I expected). In real-life, original was dull and dingy looking while new LEDs are vibrant and clean.
2) I realized after the fact that the passenger side headlight bulb was not working in the backbox. I've since repaired, but too lazy to retake photos.

before_bb_(resized).JPG
after_bb_(resized).JPG
before_pf_(resized).JPG
after_pf_(resized).JPG
before_full_(resized).JPG
after_full_(resized).JPG

#2495 3 years ago

I still have many lighting mods to add to the playfield, but here are a few of my upgrades. The gear shift was taken from an idea earlier in this topic, the key mod is Mezel's, and the Donut Heaven is my own work (this pic is through the glass, so not very sharp).

mod_shift_(resized).JPG

mod_key_(resized).JPG

mod_dh_(resized).JPG

#2496 3 years ago

Attached is my LED bulb chart that I compiled to perform my conversion. A few things to note:
1) I used Comet as my supplier with a few things from Pinball Life, but you can use any supplier you like
2) You don't have to follow my color scheme at all. My main concern was providing a detail of the sockets and bulb types required to perform a full LED upgrade
3) I utilized clear and frosted bulb single SMD bulbs along with a few 4 SMD no lens bulbs.
4) Natural = natural/cool white & Warm = warm/incandescent white
5) I did not use either the start button or jet bulbs since I moded these
6) All the mods at bottom are completely optional, and you must purchase appropriate wiring and other accessories to mod yourself. Also, I am adding a light to the transparent red Kick-Out which requires the purchase/installation of a socket since it is not lit by default.
I hope this proves useful to others that come after me, and please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.
Finally, let me repeat - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW MY COLOR SCHEME. I don't want others who have gone before me argue one way or another why their colors are better and mine suck as this is not the intent of my post. Obviously, if you have a different color scheme you like then by all means present it as an alternative for a future modder to consider. Either way, the sockets and location of the bulbs remain the same for all of our pins, and documenting this was the most tasking part of the exercise for me.

Added over 3 years ago: BTW, you must click on the image to download the full PDF file (it is more than just the one page you see).

Added over 3 years ago: Forgot to mention one more thing. For the orage/amber inserts use warm white bulb for more amber color and use cool/natural bulbs to make them look more yellow. Yellow LEDs don't have the brightness of some of the others. The only yellow I used was an4 SMD no lens bulb in the stoplight.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Attached is my LED bulb chart that I compiled to perform my conversion. A few things to note:
1) I used Comet as my supplier with a few things from Pinball Life, but you can use any supplier you like
2) You don't have to follow my color scheme at all. My main concern was providing a detail of the sockets and bulb types required to perform a full LED upgrade
3) I utilized clear and frosted bulb single SMD bulbs along with a few 4 SMD no lens bulbs.
4) Natural = natural/cool white & Warm = warm/incandescent white
5) I did not use either the start button or jet bulbs since I moded these
6) All the mods at bottom are completely optional, and you must purchase appropriate wiring and other accessories to mod yourself. Also, I am adding a light to the transparent red Kick-Out which requires the purchase/installation of a socket since it is not lit by default.
I hope this proves useful to others that come after me, and please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.
Finally, let me repeat - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW MY COLOR SCHEME. I don't want others who have gone before me argue one way or another why their colors are better and mine suck as this is not the intent of my post. Obviously, if you have a different color scheme you like then by all means present it as an alternative for a future modder to consider. Either way, the sockets and location of the bulbs remain the same for all of our pins, and documenting this was the most tasking part of the exercise for me.

Lookin goooood.

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Attached is my LED bulb chart that I compiled to perform my conversion.

A very handy list for others in this thread and the ones yet to join. Thanks, very well done

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice job on the mods, the LED's and on the nice looking list you provided!

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice job!! I wanted to order some LED's but was getting sick of counting the total QTY I needed of each type, so I made a spreadsheet using your PDF.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNpE1UKt_NoVMuDvYWfT7WT7HGPvU2znFaiGbilZ4RY

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.00
3,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 9585 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 192.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside