• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 277.
#201 10 years ago

High speed? Never heard of it. Kidding.
Never played No Fear, but will put it on my list and I played JM before, but was focusing on the glove more than the gameplay. Thanks for the tips.

#202 10 years ago

We used Getaway in our PinGolf league night (NGPL) last night. The goal was to start video mode. The hardest part for most people was getting the ball in the Saucer. I know I had it ready in ball 1 but didn't get it in the saucer until 2.

#203 10 years ago

I'm looking to buy a HS2 Alternate translite, so it can pop taht much more when powdercoated and shopped out!

#204 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Added the Key mod yesterday - simple but awesome. Also added clear superbands to my red metallic flipper bats. I am very happy with the look.

#205 10 years ago

Very nice.

Anyone know how RAL3000 would look on legs, rails etc?

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Added the Key mod yesterday - simple but awesome. Also added clear superbands to my red metallic flipper bats. I am very happy with the look.

image.jpg 198 KB

Lookin good.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Very nice.
Anyone know how RAL3000 would look on legs, rails etc?

What's that?

#208 10 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAL_colors

RAL3000 is a color code for a specific red. Just wondering if anyone had used any RAL numbers, for the powder coating.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Near perfect.....I'd swap out those chrome leg bolts for black one's.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Off topic, but on topic question- what other pins are like The Getaway? As in fast, loops, achieve some fun goals and do it again. Simple, but fun as heck.
BK2000 fit the bill? Any ideas? Thanks

BSD is really similar. It's simple and a lot of fun. They both give you that "just one more game" feeling.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

image.jpg 198 KB

Is this cabinet cc'd or do the new decals produce that much shine?

#213 10 years ago

The cabinet is clearcoated. Many, many times.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Looks like a black mirror. Beautiful.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

I am thinking of doing Getaway decals and thought about clearing it. Could you please walk us through the process?

#216 10 years ago

To achieve the result I did was very time consuming and expensive. I have an automotive accident repair centre, so it is top range automotive clearcoat applied in conrolled conditions. After decals were applied, there is a special 2 PAC sealer applied wet, followed immediately by 2 even coats of high solid clear (sprayed of course) heat was then gently applied for 40min (100F for my amercian friends) then it was left overnight. We then cut back the clearcoat with P600 with an orbital sander, this was to remove any imperfections to create an extremely flat surface in order to get a mirror finish. Then we applied the high solid clearcoat again (2 coats as before). The cutting heating and re applying happened about 5 times. We then finally achieved a flawless deep gloss mirror finish that is 100 UV protected. Those reds will be red forever, regardless of where that cab sits.

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

To achieve the result I did was very time consuming and expensive. I have an automotive accident repair centre, so it is top range automotive clearcoat applied in conrolled conditions. After decals were applied, there is a special 2 PAC sealer applied wet, followed immediately by 2 even coats of high solid clear (sprayed of course) heat was then gently applied for 40min (100F for my amercian friends) then it was left overnight. We then cut back the clearcoat with P600 with an orbital sander, this was to remove any imperfections to create an extremely flat surface in order to get a mirror finish. Then we applied the high solid clearcoat again (2 coats as before). The cutting heating and re applying happened about 5 times. We then finally achieved a flawless deep gloss mirror finish that is 100 UV protected. Those reds will be red forever, regardless of where that cab sits.

How much would you have charged someone to do their game like that?

#218 10 years ago

Beacon woes....

If the beacon comes on for any reason EXCEPT multiball, it works fine. In Multiball, the light comes on but does not spin. Only way to get it to spin is smacking the backbox. Extra ball and video mode is fine.

Extra info is this is a new motor.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How much would you have charged someone to do their game like that?

Funny - all the guys here who have seen it ask exactly the same question. Honestly the cost would outweigh the benefit for most. There would be approx $350-500 in top of the line clear on it. Plus the labour - conservatively 5-8 hours at my shop rate. The only way I would do it for someone else would be in some sort of trade for pinball related stuff. I ceramic clearcoted a MM playfield for a guy who got my CP going for me. A lot of work for me - a lot of work for him. You should see that playfield !

#220 10 years ago

Yeah that's a few $$$ alright. What is ceramic clearcoat?

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that's a few $$$ alright. What is ceramic clearcoat?

Ceramic clearcoat is a virtually scratch proof clear. They are now putting it on the latest BMW's an Merc's. It is similar in nature to a coffee cup surface. Very difficult to vandalise with a key. I have seen completely smashed panels that are squashed - but not scratched. Very durable stuff. My cab and playfield have also been finished in this.

Hey I'll do a playfield and a cab for you if you strip and re assemble my TOM so I can do mine !!

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Ceramic clearcoat is a virtually scratch proof clear. They are now putting it on the latest BMW's an Merc's. It is similar in nature to a coffee cup surface. Very difficult to vandalise with a key. I have seen completely smashed panels that are squashed - but not scratched. Very durable stuff. My cab and playfield have also been finished in this.
Hey I'll do a playfield and a cab for you if you strip and re assemble my TOM so I can do mine !!

You must have to bake it on then. Got a link to it, my Mustang is going to be painted soon, I could tell my body guy about it.

#223 9 years ago

There is a custom topper up on ebay right now. Look similar to the original high speed one but is custom. Looks prett y good with Lamborghini and helicopters. sorry I could not attach the link. Check it out.

2 weeks later
#224 9 years ago

Just joined the club on Saturday, picked up a nice HS2 at Pinfest. Came with a new set of decals. Never knew how red these machines actually were. Always thought they had more of a pink color originally.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just joined the club on Saturday, picked up a nice HS2 at Pinfest.

I was fortunate to get the other HS2 at pinfest.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I was fortunate to get the other HS2 at pinfest.

Congrats! The owner said it was sold already when he was setting it up. Looking forward to working on mine.

#227 9 years ago

Crap, I gonna need some help

image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg

#228 9 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the flasher mod for on top of the backbox?
And also if anyone knows where to get the lit police cars for the playfield?
Thanks

#229 9 years ago

This game is gr8, faster than highspeed.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

And also if anyone knows where to get the lit police cars for the playfield?
Thanks

Cars: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-police-cars-mezelmods

Flasher mod: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-blue-led-police-flasher-mod-4-sale

You can thumbs-up this post now, please .

#231 9 years ago

Thanks hmm not sure black rose is making these anymore..

#232 9 years ago

I will, that's some fast help for a fellow owner in need.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

image-461.jpg 201 KB

Ouch, never had to fix a problem like that.

#234 9 years ago

First pin I ever owned and I've had it for about 9 years and still love playing it.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from PNCPIN:

First pin I ever owned and I've had it for about 9 years and still love playing it.

Got mine a few months ago and it's not going anywhere.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Build them your self, cheaper and there is a guide in this thread
ebay.com link: 1 pair 12V Car 22 Blue LED Strobe Emergency Warning Lights 2 Flashing Modes

[attachment=1641351,] [attachment=1641351,]
#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You probably have a ground short to that row somewhere. But, first unplug that row from the CPU board and check that it goes away. If it does, then you'll have to search the wiring on the playfield for the short. If it stays, then it's on the CPU board.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Build them your self, cheaper and there is a guide in this thread
ebay.com link » 1 Pair 12v Car 22 Blue Led Strobe Emergency Warning Lights 2 Flashing Modes

[attachment=1641351,]
[attachment=1641351,]

Dang thats cheap, just ordered. I will post a pic when complete.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Dang thats cheap, just ordered. I will post a pic when complete.

Let me know how they work, its has a different controller than mine, but I like that there is no off/on switch or mode switch, which you don't need. Let me know I might try to change out my controller with one of those.

#240 9 years ago

Does anyone have a prototype getaway mountain they would like to see?

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

You probably have a ground short to that row somewhere. But, first unplug that row from the CPU board and check that it goes away. If it does, then you'll have to search the wiring on the playfield for the short. If it stays, then it's on the CPU board.

Fixed it. I had the playfield spring laying on a switch shorting the connection.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Fixed it. I had the playfield spring laying on a switch shorting the connection.

That was an easy fix....but it took some time to find it.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That was an easy fix....but it took some time to find it.

It was taking the time to actually look for it. Then I was able to finalize the lighted cop cars to be hooked to the lock light.

#244 9 years ago

I have a question regarding extra balls? How do you get them? I do not think I have ever was awarded one on my machine, but when I played a friends the other day I was awarded one or 2. I also have never been awarded some of the awards on the DMD screen, when the ball goes into the saucer.
Any ideas? Thanks

#245 9 years ago

You have to keep hitting the Freeway loops over and over. After 5 loops, Extra Ball is lit in the saucer. You can also randomly see it in Video Mode. Or it's lit during Red Line Mania.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

You have to keep hitting the Freeway loops over and over. After 5 loops, Extra Ball is lit in the saucer. You can also randomly see it in Video Mode. Or it's lit during Red Line Mania.

I will check, thanks. I played F-14 for the first time this past weekend - Fast! I thought the Getaway was fast, but it is not like F-14, man. To make it worse, it was an arcade party and the room was dark and the ball was tougher to see on the dim play field.

#247 9 years ago

To make it worse, it was an arcade party and the room was dark and the ball was tougher to see on the dim play field.

That's why I've been putting Pinballbulbs double spot lights on my games. Here's a before and after shot of my Space Station with 4 doubles on it. BIG diff. Probably could use one more for the ramp entrance. Some of the inserts arn't lit in the before pict.

Spots off.JPGSpots off.JPG
Spots on.JPGSpots on.JPG

#248 9 years ago

So back to the original poll question. I have version L5 and thinking about changing to L2 but I'm still not quite sure what the major changes were from version to version. In older posts it is mentioned that the "run the red light" sequence or animation is missing from L5 but am I missing something? When you lock all 3 balls to start multiball my machine starts the beacon and the animation starts "this is 504, suspect ran a red light, apprehend the suspect" and multiball. So what is the difference on the L2 version please?
As with a more recent version the game play is supposed to be better, so shouldn't L5 be better. This really needs to be cleared up so people can know the differences between the versions, that old thread is NOT very clear.

#249 9 years ago

I will check, thanks. I played F-14 for the first time this past weekend - Fast! I thought the Getaway was fast, but it is not like F-14, man. To make it worse, it was an arcade party and the room was dark and the ball was tougher to see on the dim play field.

I always play my games with the lights off and don't have a problem with my F-14. I did upgrade the GI to Cointaker 2 LED Premiums which made a big difference. Looking at the photo above, I may take a look at getting some of those double spots. The after pic is a big difference.

I also think f-14 is fast but when I took my game to the Ohio Pinball Show, a few people rolled the score. All my high scores said 9,999,999 with their initials. I couldn't believe it. Next year I'm turning off extra balls! Lol

#250 9 years ago

Usually a later version ROM would be better, but it's not necessarily true for getaway. They all have different bugs in them. I use L-1 for the lower free ride time. I haven't noticed too many bugs with it. On occasion after you finish red line mania the first orbit won't give you rpms. Here's a copied list I found in an old post. I don't know if it's completely accurate.

ROM REVISION ........................................... L1 L2 L5
Supercharger driver can fail when
more than 1 ball in supercharger.....................Y N N
2 state flippers ........................................... N N Y
Run The RED LIGHT display mode ............ .......Y Y N
Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks ......Y Y N
Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ....................? Y N
Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug ....N N Y
Multiple balls released from lock multi player) ........? N Y
Extra ball in video mode ....................Y. Y Y
Display Flicker in Supercharge Mode ...................Y N N
Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3 ..................N Y Y
Supercharger enabled with 3 loops ...................Y N N
Standard generous free ride time ..................N Y Y

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.