• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 93 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 270 votes by 269 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,043 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

There are 9910 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 199.
#2351 3 years ago

Got this mod installed after coming home from TPF.....such a cool mod.

turn_key_(resized).jpg

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I am interested in a new shaft

No worries, PM me and we'll work something out . I just remembered that i meant to tell you that you could reinstate the original handle by the way. I was looking at the "Bat Style" joystick handles on one of my arcade machines and realised they are virtually identical in size and shape to the original Getaway handle. The one's i'm thinking of are Sanwa brand. Off the top of my head i'm unsure what the thread size is but won't be hard to work out. I'll check one out tomorrow......errmmm, later today after work and i'll let you know.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Got this mod installed after coming home from TPF.....such a cool mod.

Yeah i love the key mod, it's a nice touch to the game !!

#2354 3 years ago

Hey Paul. I added the 7 LED strip below the flippers. I think it helps a lot expecially with the black flippers I installed. Only issue I have with this mod is I can see the reflection of the LED strip in the DMD. Kinda annoying but being able to see the flippers is worth it. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else was wanting to add this mod. Something to consider.

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Hey Paul. I added the 7 LED strip below the flippers. I think it helps a lot expecially with the black flippers I installed. Only issue I have with this mod is I can see the reflection of the LED strip in the DMD. Kinda annoying but being able to see the flippers is worth it. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else was wanting to add this mod. Something to consider.

Oh yeah with black flippers I'm sure. Well now that Comet has the frosted strips they may help to make the reflection not be so noticeable.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh yeah with black flippers I'm sure. Well now that Comet has the frosted strips they may help to make the reflection not be so noticeable.

Lol. No I'm done. I can live with it.

#2357 3 years ago

Yea putting the strips in the ball return makes them show up in the dmd. You have to lean down as you play to avoid seeing it.

My new IMVE is great because the dmd is angled in such a way that you can't see the light strip.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

These are nice, I used them on my Elvira for the Boogie men, frosted Ice Blue is pretty sweet...

#2359 3 years ago

Well, just finished working all day to get my new pin in shape. All new shiny hardware (old stuff was oxidized), polished all plastics, cleaned all metal, new flippers and full rebuild on all 3, fixed supercharger by replacing an opto, playfield clean and wax, all new rubbers, several other minor things, and 3 new shiny balls. Now I just need to finish putting together my LED list, and I think I am done messing around for now, and can start enjoying playing it.

However, I did make one big mistake today when I went to polish what I thought was an aluminum supercharger. I can't tell you what kind of damage aluminum polish does to silver paint on plastic. Ended up having to scrub, sand, prime and paint both pieces. By look and feel, I could have swore it was aluminum, but clearly it is not.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

However, I did make one big mistake today when I went to polish what I thought was an aluminum supercharger. I can't tell you what kind of damage aluminum polish does to silver paint on plastic. Ended up having to scrub, sand, prime and paint both pieces. By look and feel, I could have swore it was aluminum, but clearly it is not.

That is actually a vapor deposit nickel on plastic, the same as R2D2's head on DE Star Wars not paint. Sorry to hear of your mistake but you can still buy a new one.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I was looking at the "Bat Style" joystick handles on one of my arcade machines and realised they are virtually identical in size and shape to the original Getaway handle.

Hey Grinder, these are the ones i mentioned, same height as the original Getaway handle but not quite the diameter, although it would still pass scrutiny from most people. It will also fit in snug to the shaft as the inside diameter is correct. If you were looking to have an original handle spare for your machine then this might be the best option.

DSC02187_(resized).JPG

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, just finished working all day to get my new pin in shape. All new shiny hardware (old stuff was oxidized), polished all plastics, cleaned all metal, new flippers and full rebuild on all 3, fixed supercharger by replacing an opto, playfield clean and wax, all new rubbers, several other minor things, and 3 new shiny balls. Now I just need to finish putting together my LED list, and I think I am done messing around for now, and can start enjoying playing it.

That sucks but...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That is actually a vapor deposit nickel on plastic, the same as R2D2's head on DE Star Wars not paint. Sorry to hear of your mistake but you can still buy a new one.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8672-SET

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-HS203-867X

#2363 3 years ago

Well, now it is just brushed nickel color with a clear coat (basically, stuff I already had around the house to make plastic overflow drain covers match the rest of our bath hardware). It looks okay, but not chrome shiny for sure. However, it looks better that the condition it was originally in (dull and dirty . . . the reason I was attempting to polish it). Thanks for the links, but not sure that shiny new one worth it to me right now given all the other recent expenses getting the pin in tip-top shape. Guess this hobby is like just about everything else I get into - I end up spending significant amounts more that I ever planned to. Even so, I enjoy the results and especially learning all about how it works.

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

but not sure that shiny new one worth it to me right now given all the other recent expenses getting the pin in tip-top shape. Guess this hobby is like just about everything else I get into - I end up spending significant amounts more that I ever planned to. Even so, I enjoy the results and especially learning all about how it works.

We can all relate to that but the problem is that if you don't get it now they may be out next week then who knows if they will ever get any more.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

We can all relate to that but the problem is that if you don't get it now they may be out next week then who knows if they will ever get any more.

Agreed. Items like this game specific part, play fields, plastic sets.. are a limited run, once gone then they may be gone for a long time or for good.

General replacement parts, coils, switches, bulbs, pop bumper caps... are another story.

#2366 3 years ago

Has anyone done paint touch up to their getaway? If so, I was wondering which colors you had buy to make the orange and light blue (I am considering Createx paint per Vid's guide in the forums).

#2367 3 years ago

I noticed this weekend that the ramp in the back of the machine (the one that moves up and down to the ball capture lane on the right) looks like it was supposed to have one of those thin blue metal pieces at the base of the ramp. Can someone please confirm, and if so let me know the dimensions of the metal plate?

Hard to see in pic, but 2 rivits at base of ramp, and looks like one has a piece of shrapnel with it.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2368 3 years ago

Yes, it's supposed to have a spring steel flap to smooth the transition.

Mine was missing as well when I bought it. I used a thin piece of clear plastic for the flap

#2369 3 years ago

Yea I think it should have the ramp flap.

Mine had been repaired so I'm having a new one put on and the super charger chromed. I'm hoping to pick it all up this weekend. This is what the old ramp looked like:

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2372 3 years ago

Pinball life has this one, but I don't know if it is a fit or Not: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4197

Also, I've never rivited before, so I guess I need to figure that out.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Pinball life has this one, but I don't know if it is a fit or Not: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4197
Also, I've never rivited before, so I guess I need to figure that out.

I think that one is too long for the ramp.

Yes, you would have to rivet it, there are kits you can get but they aren't cheap but it's not a bad investment for the hobby.

#2376 3 years ago

Well after all this time I finally decided to get around to doing the "Mustang Paul" tach light mod, props to Stang because I saw his thread 1st... I made one minor adjustment and used the extra 4 led star post lights I had lying around for the up lighting, seemed logical to me because they are the same shape so why not give it a try.

Tach_light_mod_light_(resized).jpg

Tach_light_mod_(resized).jpg

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well after all this time I finally decided to get around to doing the "Mustang Paul" tach light mod, props to Stang because I saw his thread 1st... I made one minor adjustment and used the extra 4 led star post lights I had lying around for the up lighting, seemed logical to me because they are the same shape so why not give it a try.

Tach_light_mod_light_(resized).jpgTach_light_mod_(resized).jpg

Love it! I've been considering this exact mod, and now I know it looks great.

#2378 3 years ago

Does anyone have a complete and accurate inventory of all lamps in Getaway HS Ii? The manual list flashers and inserts, but not GI as far as I can tell. I've looked at kits from various suppliers, but they vary from each other and the manual. I am looking to perform a full LED upgrade including GI, inserts, backbox, and all flashers.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Those fit better then the strips. You did good.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

2 problems (connected?) (L2)
I keep getting "check top lock switch 74". It works correctly (as far as I can tell) during each switch test. Closed when closed, open when open.

That message basically means the pin s not seeing any activity on the top lock switch. That can mean one of two things:
1) There is a problem with the switch (or switch wiring), or
2) There is a problem with the ramp going up and locking

The pin can't tell the difference because the switch is the only way it can know if the ramp is up and locked.

In my experience, it's usually #2. Despite a ton of mechanical tweaking over a year or so, I still can't get the $!#*%!$! ramp to work reliably, so I'll often get a credit dot along with the switch error. But the switch is fine.

Hitting the tunnel often results in an endless multiball that can last minutes. The machine keeps auto launching after drains.

That's the "endless multiball" bug you get with the L-2 ROM. You could switch to L-5, but you lose a few features and potentially get a new bug). There's a comparison here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug#post-241529

#2381 3 years ago

And I meant to mention that I wouldn't expect to see the endless multiball/free ride bug "often" with the L-2 ROM. We play my HS2 a ton every week at League and I think we've only seen it once or twice in the last year.

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

That message basically means the pin s not seeing any activity on the top lock switch. That can mean one of two things:
1) There is a problem with the switch (or switch wiring), or
2) There is a problem with the ramp going up and locking
The pin can't tell the difference because the switch is the only way it can know if the ramp is up and locked.
In my experience, it's usually #2. Despite a ton of mechanical tweaking over a year or so, I still can't get the $!#*%!$! ramp to work reliably, so I'll often get a credit dot along with the switch error. But the switch is fine.

That's the "endless multiball" bug you get with the L-2 ROM. You could switch to L-5, but you lose a few features and potentially get a new bug). There's a comparison here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug#post-241529

I don't know, I suppose this is possible my pin will through a top lock or a middle lock error if I play like crap and the switch isn't used. The error is easily cleared as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's my understanding this was intentional.

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those fit better then the strips. You did good.

Thanks Stang!

#2384 3 years ago

Nice, tiltmonster. I used strips to light mine but those look better. Either way, game looks so much better with those plastics lit.

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

And I meant to mention that I wouldn't expect to see the endless multiball/free ride bug "often" with the L-2 ROM. We play my HS2 a ton every week at League and I think we've only seen it once or twice in the last year.

I installed L2 last week since the pin had L1 when I acquired it, and my son just experienced the infinite multi-ball bug (we'll if 10 minutes or so counts as infinite) over the weekend. He was so proud of the score he had going after about 10 minutes of multi-ball, so he wasn't too happy when I just powered the machine off in the middle of his game. I figured there was no way I was letting the kid beat dad's high score, especially illegitimately!

We've probably hit the tunnel 100+ times since I installed L2, and this was the only time we've seen the issue.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I installed L2 last week since the pin had L1 when I acquired it, and my son just experienced the infinite multi-ball bug (we'll if 10 minutes or so counts as infinite) over the weekend. He was so proud of the score he had going after about 10 minutes of multi-ball, so he wasn't too happy when I just powered the machine off in the middle of his game. I figured there was no way I was letting the kid beat dad's high score, especially illegitimately!
We've probably hit the tunnel 100+ times since I installed L2, and this was the only time we've seen the issue.

I do not have any experience with this glitch but I have heard a few stories of it happening, when/if it happens again let it just drain and see how long it will last. I would hope there is an end to this without having to power off the pin. I'm also running L2 but I have the original L1 rom

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I am interested in a new shaft

Is that what your wife said?

#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Haha no way

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I figured there was no way I was letting the kid beat dad's high score, especially illegitimately!

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I was waiting for someone to reply this, as I didn't have the pinballs to do it myself.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone have a complete and accurate inventory of all lamps in Getaway HS Ii? The manual list flashers and inserts, but not GI as far as I can tell. I've looked at kits from various suppliers, but they vary from each other and the manual. I am looking to perform a full LED upgrade including GI, inserts, backbox, and all flashers.

Any responders? Did everyone here just buy kits? Were your kits complete or did you have to true-up some lamps? Who did you buy from outside of the normal suspects (e.g. comet, cointaker, etc.)?

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any responders? Did everyone here just buy kits? Were your kits complete or did you have to true-up some lamps? Who did you buy from outside of the normal suspects (e.g. comet, cointaker, etc.)?

I bought a set from cointaker and was happy. I ended up making a few tweaks here and there but overall its a great set and complete.

#2394 3 years ago

That is the issue with Led lights, very subjective. It took me much more testing than I expected. Lamp location is pretty straight forward, write down the socket type and location.

I used frosted in the gi plastics, warm white under red tone and natural white in green tones. I used mostly colored matched faceted non ghosting in the color reflective inserts. Frosted natural white twin smd whites and color matched non ghosting in PF tach.

Back box was an experiment... I don't like over saturated colors so I used warm white and red behind the getaway every other one.

I made a manual of colors and bulb types I'd have to look for it but I over spent on bulbs playing around with it.

#2395 3 years ago

I've played with my lighting a bunch to get it how I like. I have a mix of red, green, and cool white with several light strips.

#2396 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, I am not really looking for color choices, but types and quantities of each socket. I spent a few hours tonight and I think I've calculated correctly. I plan on double checking and deciding on bulb types and colors. Once I finish the project, I will post a listing for everything to help out others in the future.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, I am not really looking for color choices, but types and quantities of each socket. I spent a few hours tonight and I think I've calculated correctly. I plan on double checking and deciding on bulb types and colors. Once I finish the project, I will post a listing for everything to help out others in the future.

As far as insert colors I like the double smd in the inserts, I like the way they make the facets in the inserts sparkle....like the new Stern games do.

#2398 3 years ago

Picked up a HSII a couple weeks ago! It was filthy but it plays good. I just finished putting it back together tonight after a deep cleaning, polishing, waxing, leds, and rubbers. In waiting on a flipper rebuild and a new outline switch but other than that everything is great!! Here are a little before and after pics.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2399 3 years ago

After

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2400 3 years ago

Looks good, it's amazing what some TLC will do for a machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Vicksburg, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 9910 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 199.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside