• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 88 votes
    33%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 263 votes by 262 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SAM_2 (resized).JPG
SAM_1 (resized).JPG
DSC_0992 (resized).JPG
DSC_0991 (resized).JPG
DSC_0990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0255 (resized).JPG
IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
get 1 (resized).jpg
get 3 (resized).jpg
get 2 (resized).jpg
DMD Ground (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-resize.gif
IMG_2398.JPG
20190630_133440 (resized).jpg

There are 9595 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 192.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It takes 6 white ones as well.

Haha I know. I got those on order as well. The screen shot would only show so much

#2102 3 years ago

Glad you are taking all of those pictures Grinder. It will help me out with my third HS2. I just need to go pick it up.

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Glad you are taking all of those pictures Grinder. It will help me out with my third HS2. I just need to go pick it up.

Yes sir. Happy to help. I'll send them all to you.

#2104 3 years ago

What's up speeders? I just got in the club. Bought mine from John Dayhuff. Awesome guy to deal with. It's in pretty good shape. I have LED's on the way. Going to light up some of the plastics with the LED strips from comet. Expecially the gauges on the slings. (Love it Paul..just saying). Not sure what color rubbers to put in it but I think I'm going to try titans.

20160410_201923_(resized).jpg

20160409_075330_(resized).jpg

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

What's up speeders? I just got in the club. Bought mine from John Dayhuff. Awesome guy to deal with. It's in pretty good shape. I have LED's on the way. Going to light up some of the plastics with the LED strips from comet. Expecially the gauges on the slings. (Love it Paul..just saying). Not sure what color rubbers to put in it but I think I'm going to try titans.

Nice, I was looking at getting this one, but it was a little too close to Ohio show to get it all together on my end. Congrats.

#2106 3 years ago

Welcome to the club Robert !!!

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Nice, I was looking at getting this one, but it was a little too close to Ohio show to get it all together on my end. Congrats.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Welcome to the club Robert !!!

Thanks guys. I'm really digging it. Not a very deep pin but, I can't stop playing it. I got to red line mania and got a high score of 131mil. I can't wait to shop it and get it looking better.

One question and I know I seen that it happened to someone in this thread but I can't find it. I got two balls up in the super charger and one ball fell through into the bottom of the cabinet. Any ideas how the hell that happened? I've looked for an opening in the playfield but I don't see anywhere that it could've fallen through.

#2108 3 years ago

Rottenrobert - you need a metal panel piece that covers the back gap behind sc. I forget what it was called. Look back in this thread.

#2109 3 years ago

Any ideas how the hell that happened?

It went up and over the top. You need #01-10903 from Marcos.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Thanks. I wonder why someone would remove it?
Seems strange.

#2111 3 years ago

Alot of games didn't come with it from the factory.

#2112 3 years ago

Ahh Ok. Well I appreciate the help.

#2113 3 years ago

20160410_201923_(resized).jpg20160409_075330_(resized).jpg

Hey welcome to the club Robert...and thanks for the bump. Others have a lot of good mod ideas here, just scan through all the posts and look for pictures. Another good mod that's new is my Leg Light-Ups. Oh what a shameless plug.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yup, that's it. It uses existing screws so really easy to install.

#2115 3 years ago

20160410_201923_(resized).jpg20160409_075330_(resized).jpg

Now you need to install my stoplight mod...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-the-getaway-stoplight-mod

Here's the original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-getaway-stoplight-mod-now-available

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey welcome to the club Robert...and thanks for the bump. Others have a lot of good mod ideas here, just scan through all the posts and look for pictures. Another good mod that's new is my Leg Light-Ups. Oh what a shameless plug.

Lol. Shameless push for your products...both of you.

We'll see. I tend to do LED's and that's about it for the mod's except for my Metallica. Lol

#2117 3 years ago

Lol. Shameless push for your products...both of you.
We'll see. I tend to do LED's and that's about it for the mod's except for my Metallica. Lol

Stronger man than me

#2118 3 years ago

I meant to post these a while back, but forgot...
I had an issue where my stoplight connector would vibrate out and unplug itself. I wanted to have a locking IDC connector on the board, but due do it only having copper on one side of the board, I couldn't do that with the original. So, I decided to recreate it to allow for a locking connector. Since I've done this, it never vibrates out. It came out pretty nice.

2015-12-19_22.20.40_(resized).jpg
2015-12-19_22.21.59_(resized).jpg
2015-12-19_22.27.51_(resized).jpg

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Stronger man than me

Funny how Kawydud was talking you into buying targets. Lol. Although I don't think he had to do much talking you into it.

Its looking really good Grinder.

#2120 3 years ago

Funny how Kawydud was talking you into buying targets. Lol. Although I don't think he had to do much talking you into it.

Yeah, it doesn't take much with him. I was at TPF and saw the Mezel Mod police car mod and texted him to see if he wanted it. It didn't take but a minute for him to text back that he did want it. It's not very hard to convince him..

#2121 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Not done yet. Putting in star post leds next. Like I said, just killing time till the chrome is ready for pickup.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I had an issue where my stoplight connector would vibrate out and unplug itself. I wanted to have a locking IDC connector on the board, but due do it only having copper on one side of the board, I couldn't do that with the original. So, I decided to recreate it to allow for a locking connector. Since I've done this, it never vibrates out. It came out pretty nice.
2015-12-19_22.20.40_(resized).jpg
2015-12-19_22.21.59_(resized).jpg
2015-12-19_22.27.51_(resized).jpg

Now that's a great idea, very well done.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Wouldn't be making some up for sale by any chance?? I could use another board

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Wouldn't be making some up for sale by any chance?? I could use another board

I could if people wanted these. It would probably be the 2nd week of May before I could ship, but I think I could do them for $25 + s/h (Includes board with diodes and locking header soldered on -- no lamp sockets or bulbs). Would you still like one? Is anyone else interested?

#2125 3 years ago

I am evil that way. I'll be replacing all of the targets in mine when I get it. Did them all on the last one. I'm sure it isn't necessary, but I like everything nice and new.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I could if people wanted these. It would probably be the 2nd week of May before I could ship, but I think I could do them for $25 + s/h (Includes board with diodes and locking header soldered on -- no lamp sockets or bulbs). Would you still like one? Is anyone else interested?

I am most DEFINITELY in for 1 YES TY!!!

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I have the issue with it vibrating out as well!! Educate me on how to get that board printed!

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I am evil that way. I'll be replacing all of the targets in mine when I get it. Did them all on the last one. I'm sure it isn't necessary, but I like everything nice and new.

That's funny and how I am also. I love talking people into things. I get a sick pleasure out of it. Lol. But it's usually my friends and always in fun.

Also...in my case...if the targets clean up and are fully functional. I'll leave them be and just replace the foam.

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I am most DEFINITELY in for 1 YES TY!!!

PM me your shipping info, and I'll send you a total cost.

Quoted from jdb9294:

I have the issue with it vibrating out as well!! Educate me on how to get that board printed!

You can send designs to many different board houses. I usually use OSH Park because it's a high quality place and I've had good results from them.

Would you like to purchase one too?

#2130 3 years ago

Ok I put warm whites in the single ring starn posts, 11 of them. I like them a lot. I got them from PBL but they said these leds won't work in double ring star posts. I have three double ring star posts towards the back. At have any recommendations on what to use. Maybe a link to what Comet has available? I'd like to light all the posts if possible.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2131 3 years ago

Damn that looks fine, did you try to put one in yet.

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that looks fine, did you try to put one in yet.

No not yet. There just isn't a great spot to hide the circuit board or a place to run the wires through.

I may have to break out a Dremel and cut a bottom section out of the star post to run it up under the star post next to it

image_(resized).jpg

#2133 3 years ago

This is where I decided to only light the outside star post, the light from the bulb under the plastics lights the inside post well enough and I wanted to highlight lane, if you try and put these lights side by side under both posts the circuits will stick out into the lane. Perhaps you could attach them together somehow or Art at Comet could fashion a Manzier Star post light...

The top outside post is lit using a longer wire I soldered onto the circuit wire so I could run it under that elongated plastic and down through the hole under the SC ramp, I hope that helps...

DO NOT DRILL through your PF

star_post_(resized).jpg

Upper_PF_(resized).jpg

#2134 3 years ago

This is where I notched the inside Star post so it could sit on top of that circuit and not stick out into the PF...

#2135 3 years ago

About 3 months ago, I posted in this thread about two balls being put in my shooter lane sometimes at the start of a multiball. I never got anywhere with it until now. I can reproduce it. Before I start replacing any switches or other things, I'd like to see if this is in fact a bug in the software. I was hoping that maybe a couple of people on L-2 software could try this out and see if you see the same problem where two balls are put in the shooter lane.

Here are the steps to make it happen on my game. I did this with the glass off and documented it.
Software = L-2

1.) Power on and start a game.
2.) Hit 3 green stand ups and lock a ball.
3.) Hit 3 yellow stand ups and lock a 2nd ball.
4.) Light Red Line Mania (I just kept making left loops and shifting when needed. When supercharger mode started, I held up a flipper to time it out.)
5.) Hit 3 red stand ups to light the red light and enable the 3rd lock.
6.) Start Red Line Mania by shooting the supercharger.
7.) Get a ball in the hideout to get the jackpot, and drain the other 2 balls. (If the other two balls come back, just keep draining and keep only one ball in play.)
8.) Now, that Red Line Mania is over, start the regular multiball by shooting the hideout and observe the shooter lane. Two balls will be put in at the same time.

Can anyone reproduce the same results? If you guys can, then I'll know for sure it's a bug and not a switch problem.

Thanks!

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dremel and cut a bottom section out of the star post

Quoted from tiltmonster:

DO NOT DRILL through your PF

I don't think he was saying he was going drill through the PF

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I don't think he was saying he was going drill through the PF

I PMed him and was thinking about creating a hole where it wouldn't be seen under the plastic. I didn't see any other way to bring the wires through the playfield

#2138 3 years ago

That German company has a better design of those, they fit entirely under the post with a small notch for the wires to come out....but they are as damn crazy expensive. Just drill a hole where it can't be seen, it won't hurt anything....the pf has holes all over it already.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That German company has a better design of those, they fit entirely under the post with a small notch for the wires to come out....but they are as damn crazy expensive. Just drill a hole where it can't be seen, it won't hurt anything....the pf has holes all over it already.

It would be nice if these could fit under the entire Star post but there is no need to drill holes in the PF, even if it's not seen, there are plenty of existing holes that can be used by extending the wire lengths.

top_star_post_wire_(resized).jpg

#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

About 3 months ago, I posted in this thread about two balls being put in my shooter lane sometimes at the start of a multiball. I never got anywhere with it until now. I can reproduce it. Before I start replacing any switches or other things, I'd like to see if this is in fact a bug in the software. I was hoping that maybe a couple of people on L-2 software could try this out and see if you see the same problem where two balls are put in the shooter lane.
Here are the steps to make it happen on my game. I did this with the glass off and documented it.
Software = L-2
1.) Power on and start a game.
2.) Hit 3 green stand ups and lock a ball.
3.) Hit 3 yellow stand ups and lock a 2nd ball.
4.) Light Red Line Mania (I just kept making left loops and shifting when needed. When supercharger mode started, I held up a flipper to time it out.)
5.) Hit 3 red stand ups to light the red light and enable the 3rd lock.
6.) Start Red Line Mania by shooting the supercharger.
7.) Get a ball in the hideout to get the jackpot, and drain the other 2 balls. (If the other two balls come back, just keep draining and keep only one ball in play.)
8.) Now, that Red Line Mania is over, start the regular multiball by shooting the hideout and observe the shooter lane. Two balls will be put in at the same time.
Can anyone reproduce the same results? If you guys can, then I'll know for sure it's a bug and not a switch problem.
Thanks!

Wow... that seems like a lot of effort (and I may get around to testing it at some point) but if you drain the balls I don't think they should come back to you, I could be wrong and usually am. I know if you enter Secret Mania with the L2 Rom there is a glitch that gives you endless Freeway balls and will just keep going... so annoying, but I've never seen 2 balls get put into the shooter lane.

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wow... that seems like a lot of effort (and I may get around to testing it at some point) but if you drain the balls I don't think they should come back to you, I could be wrong and usually am. I know if you enter Secret Mania with the L2 Rom there is a glitch that gives you endless Freeway balls and will just keep going... so annoying, but I've never seen 2 balls get put into the shooter lane.

The balls coming back may be a bug also. The two balls thing is kind of annoying on mine. I tested with the glass off, so it wasn't a hard test to do. It did take me a few months of playing to determine the sequence though.

I don't mine replacing bad switches, but I don't want to go chasing hardware problems if it's really a bug.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

The balls coming back may be a bug also. The two balls thing is kind of annoying on mine. I tested with the glass off, so it wasn't a hard test to do. It did take me a few months of playing to determine the sequence though.
I don't mine replacing bad switches, but I don't want to go chasing hardware problems if it's really a bug.

How many times could this have happened to you?

#2143 3 years ago

Steve - All roms seem to be a bit buggy. L5 was very buggy for me. After upgrading to L2 it has been perfect. I don't remember any rom doing that but not a huge issue in my book. My ST sometimes launches 2 balls during multiball. My guess is that the ball bounces around on eject and game thinks it was launched.

Grinder - all lit up star posts look awesome! You are going all out - nice.

#2144 3 years ago

I really like L-1. It seems like it has less bugs than other versions. The varying supercharger amounts in L-2 is better, but other than that I don't see any benefit to go with L-2

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I really like L-1. It seems like it has less bugs than other versions. The varying supercharger amounts in L-2 is better, but other than that I don't see any benefit to go with L-2

I have both L1 and L2 and use the L2, never had many issues with either... aside from the secret mania issue I mentioned but that is avoidable so if you choose to enter that mode do so at your own risk.

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

How many times could this have happened to you?

It's actually happened many times. It's quite annoying because when it happens, it usually bends the metal guide outwards and causes the balls from then on to bounce back into the trough. I have to take the glass off and bend it back.

I really want to see if someone else can reproduce it. If they can following my guide, then I know there isn't anything I can do about it.

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

It's actually happened many times. It's quite annoying because when it happens, it usually bends the metal guide outwards and causes the balls from then on to bounce back into the trough. I have to take the glass off and bend it back.
I really want to see if someone else can reproduce it. If they can following my guide, then I know there isn't anything I can do about it.

Hopefully someone with L-2 can help you out. I'm interested to see if it is a bug or not.

#2148 3 years ago

Just added the pinnovators sub kit and hooked it to my Polk sub.(hooked to my Metallica too) And WOW! This game just got even better. Just need my parts to show up for the shop job now.

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I PMed him and was thinking about creating a hole where it wouldn't be seen under the plastic. I didn't see any other way to bring the wires through the playfield

Ah, okay. My misunderstanding. But I agree about not drilling a hole in the PF for this.

#2150 3 years ago

2 problems (connected?) (L2)

I keep getting "check top lock switch 74". It works correctly (as far as I can tell) during each switch test. Closed when closed, open when open.

Hitting the tunnel often results in an endless multiball that can last minutes. The machine keeps auto launching after drains.

Any thoughts>?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
3,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpinteria, CA
$ 399.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 9595 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 192.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside