• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 96 votes
    35%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 276 votes by 275 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,086 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Outlet correct resized (resized).jpg
leaf switch (resized).jpg
0EDA5480-6568-44E8-9CF2-773145607567 (resized).png
20191206_212938 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2019-12-06 12.28.17 (resized).png
IMG_20191201_141557 (resized).jpg
Capture-2 (resized).PNG
getaway2.jpg
getaway1.jpg
photo_2645234887990155805 (resized).jpg
photo_5792814484576256525 (resized).jpg
20191113_195034 (resized).jpg
20191107_200859 (resized).jpg
20191107_203328 (resized).jpg
20191107_201404 (resized).jpg
20191107_194012 (resized).jpg

There are 10033 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 201.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

They have Leds on the top and bottom.
They also have optional flashers.

Cool

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

They have Leds on the top and bottom.
They also have optional flashers.

YUP and so do the Britecaps, 24 on top around the outside, 6 in the center as "react flash" and 10 underneath!!

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

YUP and so do the Britecaps, 24 on top around the outside, 6 in the center as "react flash" and 10 underneath!!

Very excited to get them. But the ten underneath are on the outside lip right? Are there any in the center underneath? If any were in the center, if would def light up these color bodies better.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Very excited to get them. But the ten underneath are on the outside lip right? Are there any in the center underneath? If any were in the center, if would def light up these color bodies better.

Nope, none in the center pointing downward in the center. BUT because the Bright Caps sit so high maybe with some extra wiring you could make the other ones work WITH the bright Caps. Now there's a nice little custom project for ya while you wait for your chrome stuff. You would be the only one with that set up too. Talk about CUSTOM!!

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope, none in the center pointing downward in the center. BUT because the Bright Caps sit so high maybe with some extra wiring you could make the other ones work WITH the bright Caps.

Well Arts' LED Rings with the single led in the center might do a decent job of lighting up the center.

Those ones from pinball.center look cool but again, shipping is a bitch and wiring it to the britecap is outside my wheel house but then again, I'm a quick learner

#2056 3 years ago

All you would really have to do is cut off the 555 bulb from Arts rings and splice in a pair of 8inch wires that you run through the playfield following the wires of the original 555 socket and splice into the wires.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea that's what I figured. I also felt like those Ice Caps resemble the lights on a stop light. I have like four different styles of caps now to choose from so we'll see what looks best.

I'm just killing time waiting on Mike to finish my chroming. Once that is all put back on, then it's the cabinet being decaled. Then it's f ing go time.

With all your changing of your choices of things im getting dizzy !! your going to spend a fortune but to be honest ? I effin love your passion bro !! Cant wait to see how it all turns out when your done. Its going to look amazing! Im in the middle of tearinf down my perfectly working Geteaway as you know cause it didnt look pretty enough! lol

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

With all your changing of your choices of things im getting dizzy !! your going to spend a fortune but to be honest ? I effin love your passion bro !! Cant wait to see how it all turns out when your done. Its going to look amazing! Im in the middle of tearinf down my perfectly working Geteaway as you know cause it didnt look pretty enough! lol

++++ that.

#2059 3 years ago

Hows the weather up north Paul ? Its crap here in the Toronto area. Its like winter has come back for one last kick!

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Haha thanks man. It's good to have options. Yea I tend to go overboard with my projects. Very passionate and intense.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha thanks man. It's good to have options. Yea I tend to go overboard with my projects. Very passionate and intense.

I hear ya my friend. Im loving your posts ! Keep an eye on my restore thread. I have a feeling im going to get stupid with mine lol . The Getaway is just too cool not to go all out with dont you agree ? lol

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hows the weather up north Paul ? Its crap here in the Toronto area. Its like winter has come back for one last kick!

I like how you say "up north" and your in Canada. Actually we are only about 50 miles farther north then you so our weather is pretty much the same as yours but you do have the "lake effect" and we don't.

#2063 3 years ago

Just making sure but what is the general consensus on which is the better light socket wire style:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2064 3 years ago

Top one with the thin wires.

#2065 3 years ago

I like using the non insulated socket in my rebuilds, you can use the other socket for lighted flipper buttons.

#2066 3 years ago

Well it wasn't pretty. I may have singed a wire or two with this damn soldering iron but we have power!

I'm pretty sure I shorted the led ring from Comet with the bottom of the led ring touching the metal ring. Speaking of metal ring, the metal rings on my Getaway seem higher than my two Sterns. Is this normal for a Williams game or have I done something wrong?

I've tried different combination of caps. None really light up the body that well:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2067 3 years ago

Also, while I like the ICE caps a lot, I like the green led with ice caps the least. I even like the colored Williams caps. Ultimately, I like the jeweled caps with these britecaps from PBL for now. But we'll see:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2068 3 years ago

Also, these britecaps seem to get very hot when powered on. Lots of LED lights so that does make sense. Is that normal?

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Also, these britecaps seem to get very hot when powered on. Lots of LED lights so that does make sense. Is that normal?

Thanks for posting pics of the ice caps lit up, makes me feel i made the right choice for wanting to add them to my BOP
The Britecaps on my FT don't seem to get that warm but i'll do a comparison test so to speak and leave the machine on for a few hours and check them then. I'll shall get back to you

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Speaking of metal ring, the metal rings on my Getaway seem higher than my two Sterns. Is this normal for a Williams game or have I done something wrong?

Mine are that high also, it's normal. I haven't shorted out my pop light rings....YET. Those frosted caps look great.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Also, while I like the ICE caps a lot, I like the green led with ice caps the least. I even like the colored Williams caps. Ultimately, I like the jeweled caps with these britecaps from PBL for now. But we'll see:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Question for ya, in your pictures the metal post and the star post next to the orange pop you have 2 rubbers on them and a metal post with a rubber next to them, next to the ball lane. Is that the original positions for them. Does anyone know? I have the metal post like yours then a bolt in the hole where you have a star post then I have a star post next to the ball lane. 2 rubbers connect the star post and the 1st post. What's original???

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question for ya, in your pictures the metal post and the star post next to the orange pop you have 2 rubbers on them and a metal post with a rubber next to them, next to the ball lane. Is that the original positions for them. Does anyone know? I have the metal post like yours then a bolt in the hole where you have a star post then I have a star post next to the ball lane. 2 rubbers connect the star post and the 1st post. What's original???

I've seen owners completely remove the post. I've seen owners put a standard rubber on it like mine came with and I've seen them with a star post. Obviously the loop shot is easier with no post and hard with the star post. I'm pretty sure the star post is original.

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2073 3 years ago

I feel like my yellow britecap looks more orange than yellow. Comet's yellow is def a yellow. Hmmm

#2074 3 years ago

It's a little hard to tell in my pic because I have an LED star post light but to my knowledge it's 2 star posts side by side...

Upper_PF_(resized).jpg

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I feel like my yellow britecap looks more orange than yellow. Comet's yellow is def a yellow. Hmmm

If it's on your Getaway, don't you want it orange/amber?
Anyway, getting back to the heat question. I left my FT turned on for nearly 8 hours, the bumper caps were fairly warm but i wouldn't go as far as calling it Hot, mind you, i have mine turned up to MAX on the dial too. You can always back the brightness off somewhat with those Britecaps, one of the things i really like about them. I doubt it would become an issue. If you had another problem (short) causing the heat they would burn out real quick !!

#2076 3 years ago

anybody have a "mud flap" for the lock ramp? i'm also missing that post next to the pop bumper. obviously, the plastic on top is cracked...

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I've seen owners completely remove the post. I've seen owners put a standard rubber on it like mine came with and I've seen them with a star post. Obviously the loop shot is easier with no post and hard with the star post. I'm pretty sure the star post is original.

Yes you can tell that the star post is supposed to go like in the first picture, supporting the plastic and by the way the printing on the pf matches the curve of it. I have to put mine back that way cuz the way it sticks out into the ball lane now is not correct.

#2078 3 years ago

Ok so is it a single or double star post?

Man that shot is gonna be tight!

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I think you had it right with that black rubber post. That star post isn't supposed to be sticking out into the ball lane.

#2080 3 years ago

The 2nd photo is correct... or at least that's the way my machine is setup.

star_post_(resized).jpg

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think you had it right with that black rubber post. That star post isn't supposed to be sticking out into the ball lane.

No I remember reading that a star post is how it was designed. Owners have modified it in different ways to make the shot easier.

Quoted from tiltmonster:The 2nd photo is correct... or at least that's the way my machine is setup.

star_post_(resized).jpg

Yes! I like the lit star post. I'm going to do all mine in red. How is the wire ran? The led sits underneath the star post right? So where does the wire get ran through? Does it just clip on to GI?

#2082 3 years ago

The way I read this it's a star post

Playfiled_detail_(resized).jpg

#2083 3 years ago

A post light can be powered by GI, Insert, or Flasher.

Alligator Clips, Direct Solder, or a Matrix Bulb.

Matrix 12V is coming in soon.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No I remember reading that a star post is how it was designed. Owners have modified it in different ways to make the shot easier.

Yes! I like the lit star post. I'm going to do all mine in red. How is the wire ran? The led sits underneath the star post right? So where does the wire get ran through? Does it just clip on to GI?

I'll give you more details if needed when I have more time but it's a Comet 4 LED star post light in Bright White, I thought the Red was too dull, I ran the wire through the hole under the plastics and soldered it into a GI string.

#2085 3 years ago

I love these LED Star Post Lights and used them is several spots but I don't think I over did it...

A few bits of advise,

1. I used a Dermel and thinned down the inside wall of the star posts so the light would fit snuggly inside the post
2. I put a notch on one side of the Star Post so it would sit flat on the base of the LED plastic circle and sit flush on the PF
3. I sanded the "nipple" off of the top of Star post so the plastics would sit level on ALL the posts

I used some for additional lighting in dark areas that are always on and used some in the slings as additional flashers,
the Blue are used as Flashers and the Green and Red are always on in the GI strings

Blue_Flasher_(resized).jpg
Green_Star_(resized).jpg

Green_star_2_(resized).jpg

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I love these LED Star Post Lights and used them is several spots but I don't think I over did it...
A few bits of advise,
1. I used a Dermel and thinned down the inside wall of the star posts so the light would fit snuggly inside the post
2. I put a notch on one side of the Star Post so it would sit flat on the base of the LED plastic circle and sit flush on the PF
3. I sanded the "nipple" off of the top of Star post so the plastics would sit level on ALL the posts
I used some for additional lighting in dark areas that are always on and used some in the slings as additional flashers,
the Blue are used as Flashers and the Green and Red are always on in the GI strings
Blue_Flasher_(resized).jpg
Green_Star_(resized).jpg

Green_star_2_(resized).jpg

Dear God

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wow a lot of work but they look GREAT!

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Wow a lot of work but they look GREAT!

lol, it sounds like a lot of work but it only take a few minutes; however, you do not need to take these steps but I found it gave me the best results.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

tsk tsk Grinder, you didn't replace the targets with new ones? Dear baby Jesus!

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

tsk tsk Grinder, you didn't replace the targets with new ones? Dear baby Jesus!

Sigh. I've thought about it. Now it's all I'll think about.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Sigh. I've thought about it. Now it's all I'll think about.

Lol, just messing with you.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Lol, just messing with you.

I know but I'll prob end up buying a complete set cuz why the hell not

#2093 3 years ago

AND.....there's always an AND.....new target cushions. That's a good lad.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

AND.....there's always an AND.....new target cushions. That's a good lad.

Already bought the cushion. Halfway there

image_(resized).jpeg

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Already bought the cushion. Halfway there

image_(resized).jpeg

#2097 3 years ago

Yep

image_(resized).png

#2098 3 years ago

Ummmmm Target Decals?....shhhhh stop encouraging Grinder

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ummmmm Target Decals?....shhhhh stop encouraging Grinder

I bought some and put them on the original targets. I'll buy another set for these new targets

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yep

image_(resized).png

It takes 6 white ones as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 10033 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside