• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 277.
#2001 8 years ago

PM sent

#2002 8 years ago

I have a decent example of one here for sale if anyone local is interested? I'm not into shipping games. Looking for $2650. Email me direct at [email protected] for more info.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#2003 8 years ago

Holy crap I had no idea replacing the pop bumper pieces was so hard/time consuming....

#2004 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Holy crap I had no ideaplacing the pop bumper pieces was so hard/time consuming....

They get a little easier to do the more you do but yeah, they can be a little time comsuming to do. That's why it makes sense to fully rebuild them while they are apart if you haven't already.

#2005 8 years ago

I've got one more shipment of pop bumper parts arriving (new bases, and metal rings and new springs) and then I'm going to tackle the pops.

These goodies arrived:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

The perfectionist in me is annoyed that I didnt opt for the dark green skirt instead of the lighter green. Any chance anyone of you has one I can buy?

John, you gonna place an order anytime?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2006 8 years ago

And FINALLY the new cabinet decals arrived:

But, the art is rolled facing inward. I so badly want to take them out and flatten them and check on them. I'm prob a few weeks away at minimum from starting the cabinet project though. Leave them be? Take them out and inspect/flatten them?

#2007 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I've got one more shipment of pop bumper parts arriving (new bases, and metal rings and new springs) and then I'm going to tackle the pops.
These goodies arrived:
image_(resized).jpg
The perfectionist in me is annoyed that I didnt opt for the dark green skirt instead of the lighter green. Any chance anyone of you has one I can buy?
John, you gonna place an order anytime?

I GOTTA see those colored bodies lit up, you will be the first person that I've heard of that has put them on.

#2008 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).jpg
But, the art is rolled facing inward. I so badly want to take them out and flatten them and check on them. I'm prob a few weeks away at minimum from starting the cabinet project though. Leave them be? Take them out and inspect/flatten them?

image_(resized).jpg

Inspect NOW!!! So you can let them know if there's a problem....not weeks or months from now!!

#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Grinder901 said:

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

Inspect NOW!!! So you can let them know if there's a problem....not weeks or months from now!!

What Paul says. and it wouldnt hurt to reroll them graphics out but not the end of the world if you plan on doing them in the not too disyant future.

#2010 8 years ago

Also looks like about 12 pop bumpers worth ? couldnt decided on what you wanted ? lol

#2011 8 years ago

Yeah, lots of pop bumper parts. I like the stock pop bumpers - more nostalgic or something like that. Still, didn't know you could get different colors. Could make for some interesting combinations.

#2013 8 years ago

Coming soon, the U-turn sticker for the metal piece on the upper left at diverter ramp.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2014 8 years ago

Cool. Simple to ship in an envelope, cost about 50 cents.

#2015 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Coming soon, the U-turn sticker for the metal piece on the upper left at diverter ramp.

INTERESTING
My machine never had a sticker in that spot when i bought it, was that a normal item on Getaways NIB?

#2016 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm a buyer. Any movement on a Mezel mountain mod?

Oh yea, I also got these bumper Mylar circles. Might use them. We'll see. And oh hell yea these cabinet decals look so amazing. I can't wait to see them on the game in the near future.

#2017 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

INTERESTING
My machine never had a sticker in that spot when i bought it, was that a normal item on Getaways NIB?

No. It was just blank like the ball lock cover. I cut up a hazard stripe bumper sticker and covered both covers on mine.

#2018 8 years ago

Here is a pic of mine

#2019 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

INTERESTING

Quoted from jawjaw:

No. It was just blank like the ball lock cover. I cut up a hazard stripe bumper sticker and covered both covers on mine.

Yeah, the only sticker I know of is this one in front of the front pop bumper under the super charger brace...

Upper_PF_(resized).jpgUpper_PF_(resized).jpg

#2020 8 years ago

Ok so dead serious here. I should have got the dark green pop skirts from pinball.center

Very fast mail service is 39 euros, super snail mail is 10.

If anyone else wanted to order something from them and throw in a dark green skirt for me, I'll pay for it and some of the shipping to get it in country and then to my address.

Any takers?

#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Here is a pic of mine

image_(resized).jpg

Where did you get the cool instruction cards from?

#2022 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so dead serious here. I should have got the dark green pop skirts from pinball.center
Very fast mail service is 39 euros, super snail mail is 10.
If anyone else wanted to order something from them and throw in a dark green skirt for me, I'll pay for it and some of the shipping to get it in country and then to my address.
Any takers?

It would cost 39 euros just to send those? Really?? Have you contacted them to see if you could work something out?

#2023 8 years ago

Yea not worth it. I'm searching the internets for a domestic company that has them

#2024 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Where did you get the cool instruction cards from?

Pinballcards.com. look for them near the end of the list. I added the date of the game on mine.

#2025 8 years ago

Ok sweet. I think I found a dark green one.

I've seen skirts with six holes and some with four. I want the six holes right?

#2026 8 years ago

Trying these on. What do y'all think?

#2027 8 years ago

looks good !!

#2028 8 years ago

workaholic.

#2029 8 years ago

Making progress. Original screws for the new caps are too small so hopefully I can find some that are longer. Still need to put in the sockets.

#2030 8 years ago

They look really good man !! Im loving the colored bodies.

#2031 8 years ago

Outstanding Ryan!!! That is looking awesome!

#2032 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Still need to put in the sockets.

Oh man good thing you haven't put them in yet cuz their 555 sockets. I can't find it but vid1900 showed how to put them in so they stand up straight and stay straight. Ask vid, he may remember where the post is. It's got something to do with using a wire tie, I can picture it in my head buy I can't describe it. So why don't you just read my mind.

#2033 8 years ago

Thanks you guys!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man good thing you haven't put them in yet cuz their 555 sockets. I can't find it but vid1900 showed how to put them in so they stand up straight and stay straight. Ask vid, he may remember where the post is. It's got something to do with using a wire tie, I can picture it in my head buy I can't describe it. So why don't you just read my mind.

Yea I got two different kinds of sockets to use. I have a Vid thread saved on replacing the pops that I'm referencing

#2034 8 years ago

Go with the solid wire sockets. The flexible wire sockets suck big time !!

#2036 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks you guys!

Yea I got two different kinds of sockets to use. I have a Vid thread saved on replacing the pops that I'm referencing

image_(resized).jpeg

Ah good.

#2037 8 years ago

Pretty cool. Like to see those lit up.

#2038 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Go with the solid wire sockets. The flexible wire sockets suck big time !!

That's what someone else recommended too. Why do the flex wires suck? I was going to use the other set on my Elvis and put the all gold body and skirt on those bumpers.

#2039 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Pretty cool. Like to see those lit up.

I will hopefully have them done and lit up in the near future

#2040 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Why do the flex wires suck?

The socket tends to flop around inside the bumper body somewhat and means the led wont always be centralized, solid wire one's sit in better

#2041 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The socket tends to flop around inside the bumper body somewhat and means the led wont always be centralized, solid wire one's sit in better

Gotcha. Maybe a dab of hot glue to hold the socket in place? The old ones on here were held in pretty tight and the leads were bent and stapled underneath making them pretty taut.

Annoyed at myself for not ordering longer screws for these caps. Sigh. It's always something.

#2043 8 years ago

Well crap. Those seem cool. Can't use those and the LED rings though. Wish I had grabbed a few when I ordered all the skirts and bodies. Also, how are they powered? Soldered like the 555s?

#2044 8 years ago

I prefer these myself http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624
Britecaps EVO, fully adjustable and react to pop bumpers going off, i've got a set of these on my FT and they look awesome. Also just bought some purple ones with the Ice cap to go under the mini playfield on my BOP Have a look at the pics, underneath there is the adjuster to turn on/off flash react and they push straight onto the 555 socket

#2045 8 years ago

Pop bumpers look great Grinder, I will do my best to design something better for mine.

#2046 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Pop bumpers look great Grinder, I will do my best to design something better for mine.

Ha! I have no doubt.

I just placed an order with Pinballlife for their britecaps. I'm gonna try them with their new ICE caps. It prob won't look as good with the game turned off but I dig the colors with it turned on.

#2047 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm gonna try them with their new ICE caps. It prob won't look as good with the game turned off but I dig the colors with it turned on.

I chose the Ice Cap version particularly for my BOP cause that diffused light will suit a lot better under the mini playfield. Doesn't matter if the Ice Cap doesn't suit your needs for The Getaway, you should be able to use any style cap really

#2048 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I chose the Ice Cap version particularly for my BOP cause that diffused light will suit a lot better under the mini playfield. Doesn't matter if the Ice Cap doesn't suit your needs for The Getaway, you should be able to use any style cap really

Yea that's what I figured. I also felt like those Ice Caps resemble the lights on a stop light. I have like four different styles of caps now to choose from so we'll see what looks best.

I'm just killing time waiting on Mike to finish my chroming. Once that is all put back on, then it's the cabinet being decaled. Then it's f ing go time.

#2050 8 years ago

They have Leds on the top and bottom.
They also have optional flashers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.