• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 99 votes
    35%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 286 votes by 285 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,293 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5746 (resized).jpg
IMG_5747 (resized).jpg
EE36A861-0D64-4263-90D9-1570AE76BB51 (resized).jpeg
Getaway_Post_V2_2020-Jun-29_07-52-44PM-000_CustomizedView17482466215 (resized).png
2C86D68E-48F3-4C07-91BD-236F28923C3E (resized).jpeg
6E421C90-D057-4E51-8B83-6F0E5BD37D77 (resized).jpeg
22A20DC4-C4DF-488E-9C8A-62EF3899D5D3 (resized).jpeg
6D90E8DA-C4EC-455C-9E7F-947A8AEB7C4D (resized).jpeg
6866126D-D06B-4931-B226-F056E69D3674 (resized).jpeg
3B811AB7-6668-49FD-9697-D23C2368ECB5 (resized).jpeg
C4266231-047B-40EC-800D-90694C62D6DD (resized).jpeg
200F7482-8246-46E2-A7A4-7C24BDED3C7E (resized).jpeg
IMG_5965 (resized).PNG
7799E278-A5C6-4D20-BF13-0D698E018A01 (resized).jpeg
28EEE474-5FBA-43C5-9C61-3C2E04AF364F (resized).jpeg
20200608_130012 (resized).jpg

There are 10715 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 215.
#152 6 years ago

Very nice. Recommend key start. Nice mod.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

Hi Guys - first post on pinside to join the HS2 club. So G'day from the most isolated city in the world. This was my first pinball - and as probably some of you can relate to, was an absolute beater. Being new to the hobby I got shafted as well on price by some dodgy operators. I could have conceded, and maybe hated the hobby, but instead I have turned a negative into a positive, and 10 pins later, this is now the pride of my collection.
Here is mine finished today. Restored & ceramic clear coated playfield. Totally rebuilt, re decaled and clear coated cabinet. Custom red pearl trim (thought the door would be a bit much), alternate back glass, cointaker LED's throughout. New plastics, red metallic flipper bats and flipper buttons, Flipper Fidelity complete kit. Many, many brand new parts, I could go on and on - could have had me a Medieval Madness for the cost !!! Supercharger black pearl, with violet flick. I have red, orange and silver metallic flames still to add to this. Have some custom decals for apron & supercharger still coming.

P1010613.JPG 47 KB

P1010614.JPG 52 KB

P1010615.JPG 41 KB

P1010616.JPG 42 KB

P1010617.JPG 61 KB

59647-2.jpg 42 KB

59647-3.jpg 43 KB

59647-4.jpg 50 KB

That is BEAUTIFUL!!

#154 6 years ago

Thanks guys - really was a labour of love. This game will never leave my collection

#155 6 years ago

I don't know how some of you can can keep that cheesy alternate chicks translight on. The original is much better in my opinion, not that I don't like hot women, but there is no place for it on a pinball machine unless it's Playboy or something.

#156 6 years ago

Hmm...I sorta got rid of the original T-lite as I thought it was cheesy...

#157 6 years ago

Well my original translight was toast (like 70%) of the machine. This is how I ended up with it. Having said that I think it does relate. You do pick a hot women up with the first ball lock right ?

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Flasher mod.
First I just wanted to say that I have no idea who came up with this mod in the first place and what I am about to show was inspired by Black_Rose

That would be me. I created it a few years back. I really think it adds intensity. Glad a lot of people love it.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Mountain and key mod came in today. Just waiting for HS2, which was finally picked up in Boston today.MountandKey.jpg 49 KB

Where did you get the key switch?

#161 6 years ago

Original translite cheesy, hot chicks well.. Hot. Even the wife agreed.
Some of us like cars and chicks and some of us like cartoons.

#162 6 years ago

Got my LEDs from Cointaker today. Getaway comes in sometime between 10am - 1pm today (I hope....).

LEDs_Box.jpg

#163 6 years ago

Well, look who arrived today ...

1187009_10152089621263710_1610810558_n.jpg

#164 6 years ago

oooo, shiny.... drool.gif bow.gif

#166 6 years ago

Alot of beautiful machines.!! Glad to be here.. I will add picks of mine soon.
Can someone be nice enough to take a picture of the hinge mechanism with the playfield straight up?
As someone mentioned earlier, I am having issues as well with the hinge mech. set-up,
I think if we can see a picture of a properly set-up one, that would help out a few of us.!
Thanks.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Alot of beautiful machines.!! Glad to be here.. I will add picks of mine soon.
Can someone be nice enough to take a picture of the hinge mechanism with the playfield straight up?
As someone mentioned earlier, I am having issues as well with the hinge mech. set-up,
I think if we can see a picture of a properly set-up one, that would help out a few of us.!
Thanks.

From my limited experience, what I have seen happen a few times is that they usually end up getting bent and as such don't work correctly. I will try to remember to get a picture for you.

#168 6 years ago

Mine will be arriving in a week or so and I want to get cab. leg protectors. I see some of you have the big plastic ones on, are they any good. The game I bought has the decal wrikle and peeling and my thinking is that the bigger protectors will hide that stuff.

#169 6 years ago

Am I missing something here on the alternative (open top nice boobs) translight... that's a Ferrari. I believe the car themed in HSII is a Lamborghini.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Am I missing something here on the alternative (open top nice boobs) translight... that's a Ferrari. I believe the car themed in HSII is a Lamborghini.

It is.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I pointed that out to the guy who makes them and requested he do it with a Lamborghini Diablo but he said he was already committed to the current design. Diablo would have matched game better.

#172 6 years ago

What, there is a car on the alt T-lite?

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Fonz:

59647-3.jpg 43 KB

59647-4.jpg 50 KB

pretty... but be careful moving the playfield in and out. i just chipped my new supercharger cover on the metal flap that is attached to the cabinet behind the ramp :/

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pretty... but be careful moving the playfield in and out. i just chipped my new supercharger cover on the metal flap that is attached to the cabinet behind the ramp :/

Where did you get a new supercharger cover?

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where did you get a new supercharger cover?

You can get one here. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8672-SET

#177 6 years ago

I should have guessed, Marco. Thanks.

#178 6 years ago

What am I missing here?

Also, during the begining of Multiball, all balls get released at once. Is there supposed to be a delay for each individual one?

20140309_185254.jpg
#179 6 years ago

The balls should release one by one. Many have had this issue, a quick search on the forum could help you with different solutions.

Im not near my Getaway, but I could take a picture of that area on mine, if you haven't found out whats missing by then.

#180 6 years ago

limelime20 - sorry for the delay:
IMG_0445 [800x600].JPG

futurepinhead - missing a post:
IMG_0443 [800x600].JPG

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

futurepinhead - missing a post:

Thanks, I will try to find that size unless someone knows it off the top of their heads. Also, I love the orange post rubbers you have there, I will probably have to steal that.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Thanks, I will try to find that size unless someone knows it off the top of their heads. Also, I love the orange post rubbers you have there, I will probably have to steal that.

03-8247-13

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8247-13

#183 6 years ago

Thanks, do you know is it machine screw or wood screw? I might have to make mine machine screw if its stripped out.

#184 6 years ago

Thanks, do you know is it machine screw or wood screw? I might have to make mine machine screw if its stripped out.

I seem to recall that it was a wood one (not 100% sure at the moment) - I think it was added later to make the loop shot a bit harder, I seem to remember reading.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I seem to recall that it was a wood one (not 100% sure at the moment) - I think it was added later to make the loop shot a bit harder, I seem to remember reading.

Hmm, maybe I don't need it...

#186 6 years ago

Hmm, maybe I don't need it...

I took my post out.

Robert

#187 6 years ago

I fixed the post where it now spits out individual balls. Then my beacon quit working. I busted it open and found the problem.

Gears are completely stripped. Will a gear from any strobe work?

FOT66BD.jpg

And another unrelated question. I am thinking of picking up another project pin. I have a chance at a Taxi (and I really want my first System 11.) But someone pointed out that the playfield will be pretty damn close with a Getaway. Your thoughts, is it too similar for a 4 pin lineup? I also ....might.... have a chance at a BOP but not sure on that one

#188 6 years ago

Anyone know the thread size for the screw that holds the mini traffic light in place? My traffic light likes to shake a decent bit when I hit the post directly in front of it.

#189 6 years ago

I fixed the post where it now spits out individual balls. Then my beacon quit working. I busted it open and found the problem.
Gears are completely stripped. Will a gear from any strobe work?

And another unrelated question. I am thinking of picking up another project pin. I have a chance at a Taxi (and I really want my first System 11.) But someone pointed out that the playfield will be pretty damn close with a Getaway. Your thoughts, is it too similar for a 4 pin lineup? I also ....might.... have a chance at a BOP but not sure on that one

FOT66BD.jpg 185 KB

Sorry can't help ya with the gear prob. and never played Taxi but I do have BoP and it's really cool and a very diff. game but the out lanes take some getting used to. I think you can still get the mini pf, plastic ramps, ramp decals and the helmet. I put them on mine and it really looks nice and when she talks it's really cool.

#190 6 years ago

Taxi is different enough from Getaway IMO. Very cool game, I wish I had a taxi too.

#191 6 years ago

So I started learning the audio wiring on HS2 lastnight. I followed the two wires from the left backbox speaker. The black/yellow stripe wire goes to the audio board - got it. Where does the black wire go to? There was simply too much wire for me to follow it to its final destination.

#192 6 years ago

Gears are completely stripped.

I'm not sure that they are from your picture. Take a look at my tutorial on fixing these to see if yours is correct: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-beacon-motor-for-hs2-and-possibly-others

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I'm not sure that they are from your picture. Take a look at my tutorial on fixing these to see if yours is correct: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-beacon-motor-for-hs2-and-possibly-others

Look at the bottom gear in the picture. The right side has teeth and the left side does not. I didn't see anything like that in the link unless I missed it...

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I started learning the audio wiring on HS2 lastnight. I followed the two wires from the left backbox speaker. The black/yellow stripe wire goes to the audio board - got it. Where does the black wire go to? There was simply too much wire for me to follow it to its final destination.

See here for a simple break down: http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_sound_info.html

#195 6 years ago

Wow, thank you so much! I thought I was going crazy when I thought the wire was changing color on me.... yeesh

#196 6 years ago

Look at the bottom gear in the picture. The right side has teeth and the left side does not. I didn't see anything like that in the link unless I missed it...

You are correct. That's what I get for not looking carefully enough.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone know the thread size for the screw that holds the mini traffic light in place? My traffic light likes to shake a decent bit when I hit the post directly in front of it.

N/M, I figured it out.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01003-06

That's what I used, and now my mini-traffic light is anchored down like all get out!

Traffic_Light_Bolt.jpg

3 weeks later
#198 6 years ago

Off topic, but on topic question- what other pins are like The Getaway? As in fast, loops, achieve some fun goals and do it again. Simple, but fun as heck.
BK2000 fit the bill? Any ideas? Thanks

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Off topic, but on topic question- what other pins are like The Getaway? As in fast, loops, achieve some fun goals and do it again. Simple, but fun as heck.

BK2000 can be fast... but you leave much of the game out when focusing on score (playing upper playfield only)

No Fear is fast, orbits, and straight forward play.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Closest thing to Getaway is High Speed

Maybe JM.....very fast loops. It's a deeper pin but the goals are fun and personally I think it has the best wizard mode in all of pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 10715 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside