• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 94 votes
    34%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 273 votes by 272 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,079 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

getaway2.jpg
getaway1.jpg
photo_2645234887990155805 (resized).jpg
photo_5792814484576256525 (resized).jpg
20191113_195034 (resized).jpg
20191107_200859 (resized).jpg
20191107_203328 (resized).jpg
20191107_201404 (resized).jpg
20191107_194012 (resized).jpg
20191109_150700 (resized).jpg
20191109_134101 (resized).jpg
20191109_131459 (resized).jpg
20191102_115619 (resized).jpg
20191102_115436 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191029_182429 (resized).jpg
slingshots (resized).jpg

There are 9983 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 200.
#1851 3 years ago

So I've noticed more than a few different Getaway coin doors in this thread. What's up with that? How many variations are there?

I bought a decal for my coin door but there isn't a spot on it for the decal. I'm prob going to chrome my coin door but I'm not in love with this style door. Any thoughts?

Mine:

image_(resized).jpeg

Others:

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So I've noticed more than a few different Getaway coin doors in this thread. What's up with that? How many variations are there?

I bought a decal for my coin door but there isn't a spot on it for the decal. I'm prob going to chrome my coin door but I'm not in love with this style door. Any thoughts?

As far as i'm aware the choice of coin doors (the amount of slots, etc) was an optional choice when ordering a NIB Getaway and i've seen pretty much every type available on this and LOTS of other machines. The one in the first pic (2 slots with a gap in the center) is the same as i have on my machine, the single slot one is more reminiscent of a Gottlieb style door although it probably is Williams, the 3 slot is the same as i have on my Fish Tales and the last pic is the more modern version that you would see on later games (same one on my RFM machine). I've also got the 2 slot with gap on my BOP and am about to get it chromed, personal choice i think. Bare in mind the later style is practically useless to get chromed IF you want a perfect finish as they have many hexagonal bolt heads showing through on the outside (see left hand side near the attached panels and elsewhere), which would be a bloody nightmare to fill and cover. Most doors have some rivet heads showing to some degree and ANY blemish in the metal will show when chromed !! Also bare in mind that most coin doors have some parts in metal and some parts in diecast, for example, the 2 slot with gap in the middle on my BOP has a metal door with a metal coin return flap, the outside frame is diecast as is the coin slot surround and the return slot surround. Chroming diecast is more complex than straight metal but more to the point Extra Cost overall.

#1853 3 years ago

I disassembled my Gear Shift assembly last night installing this cool led shift knob and I did not take pictures. Very unlike me.

I'll be putting it all together later on but if someone could post some pictures from the inside of the cabinet showing me the gear shift assembly from all angles that would help me out a ton. Please

Thanks guys!

#1854 3 years ago

I'll take some photos for you in a few hrs when I get home from work if no one has provided them for you before then. Do you have some photos of your gearshift you installed? Also a link to where you bought it?

#1855 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the photos. I should be home in a few hours as well.

The gear shift was included in the sale from the previous owner. I'll ask the seller where he got it from.

Taking the original knob off was a pain in the butt. It's going to look so good when it gets put on in a few hours. Excited!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1857 3 years ago

Ok I'm pretty sure I reassembled everything correctly however it seems to stick when I shift down and won't go back to its original position in the middle without touching it slightly. Maybe the weight of the new knob is the reason it wants to stay down? Shifting up it no prob and it comes right back to the middle.

Man it looks cool as hell!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1858 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#1859 3 years ago

So I feel like it's just me mostly posting in the thread. Sorry about that, just got the game and very excited.

So I'm doing a full chrome treatment with Mike Chestnut so I said why not do the supercharger too. Both the ramps have seen better days too.

Can anyone steer me towards a link to buy two new ones?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ryan, you can pick up a new set here

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=439

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So I feel like it's just me mostly posting in the thread. Sorry about that, just got the game and very excited.
So I'm doing a full chrome treatment with Mike Chestnut so I said why not do the supercharger too. Both the ramps have seen better days too.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Pinbits sells new ramp flaps. I think they are a little longer than stock. Not sure who has the ramps. Maybe marco? Chestnut did all my chrome including supercharger loop ,coin door, armor, and apron.

#1862 3 years ago

Nice, thanks guys. I just bought ramp flaps from Pinbits a minute ago

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thank you so much for the photos. I should be home in a few hours as well.
The gear shift was included in the sale from the previous owner. I'll ask the seller where he got it from.
Taking the original knob off was a pain in the butt. It's going to look so good when it gets put on in a few hours. Excited!

Yeah I like that.

#1864 3 years ago

Oh yea, I'm digging the red posts and clear rubbers:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh yea, I'm digging the red posts and clear rubbers:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Looks great. Ya know your gonna have to get my Leg Light-Ups for this game too.

#1866 3 years ago

Hey Grinder, sorry I didn't get you them photos yesterday. I didn't end up getting home until quite late last night. Glad to see you got it worked out. Let me know if you still need the photos. Thanks for the link. That shifter looks amazing!!

#1867 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm having a real hard time raising the playfield. I pull it forward and it just won't click/lock. It's scraping the hell out of my cabinet too:

Shit one of the springs is broke on the right side

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1868 3 years ago

They have those springs at Marcos. I'll dig them up in a link.

#1870 3 years ago

Man thanks, I ordered two cuz why not.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man thanks, I ordered two cuz why not.

Yeah mine were buggered up so ordered a pair when I had the playfield out ordering other things.

#1872 3 years ago

Thanks again,

I'm placing a large order. So many of the bolts on the cabinet are discolored, chipped or rusted. Since I'm doing new decals and chrome, I might as well get all new bolts especially for the front area like the four around the gear shift assembly. Care to steer me towards which bolts I'll need ?

I think the new decal set comes with the decal for the gear shift assembly which is good cuz mines in rough shape.

I mean it's a 25 year old game. It's probably changed half a dozen owners easy. Considering all that, it's in great shape. Now I'm going to do my best to bring it back to its former glory.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1873 3 years ago

yes, the shift up and shiirt down is printed right on the front cab decal. I have a new decal set that I'm going to be installing soon as I find the time. I'm also replacing both playfield slider assemblies also. They are always in bad shape it seems.

#1874 3 years ago

Did the new shifter you put on come with a new shaft or just the knob? I'm thinking of doing that but the chrome on the shaft of my original shifter is all corroded.

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks again,
I'm placing a large order. So many of the bolts on the cabinet are discolored, chipped or rusted. Since I'm doing new decals and chrome, I might as well get all new bolts especially for the front area like the four around the gear shift assembly. Care to steer me towards which bolts I'll need ?
I think the new decal set comes with the decal for the gear shift assembly which is good cuz mines in rough shape.
I mean it's a 25 year old game. It's probably changed half a dozen owners easy. Considering all that, it's in great shape. Now I'm going to do my best to bring it back to its former glory.

You can get those bolts at any hardware store take on in and get the same ones but then you'll have to paint them. I just used a wire wheel on my bench grinder and they cleaned right up and I just painted them. Saved some money that way.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Did the new shifter you put on come with a new shaft or just the knob? I'm thinking of doing that but the chrome on the shaft of my original shifter is all corroded.

Just the knob I'm sure.

#1877 3 years ago

I have a pair of new Getaway sling plastics for sale. PM me.

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yes just the knob. You use the shaft you already have. It was a bitch to get the original knob off:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1879 3 years ago

Oh and what type of grease should I get to continue keeping the gear shift assembly lubed?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It was a bitch to get the original knob off:

No changing back on this one.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Mine has that goofy ass single slot coin door too. I have a 2 slot that will eventually be getting swapped over.

#1882 3 years ago

I hear ya. That's why I just bought this coin door from Marco and I'm having it chromed by Mike and I'll just keep the original and put it aside

image_(resized).png

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I hear ya. That's why I just bought this coin door from Marco and I'm having it chromed by Mike and I'll just keep the original and put it aside

That's exactly the one i was talking about that will require extra work to look good in chrome, has a LOT of rivet/bolt heads showing. I bought one a while back to do the same with for my BOP but have changed my mind and gone with the original one (2 slots with a gap in the middle), far less metal work involved to get a smoooooth finish !

#1884 3 years ago

Hey guys need a picture. I have an original Highspeed and I am not sure what's missing here. The ramp gate isn't working and when looked under the playfield something was missing.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1885 3 years ago

Found this, looks like the pin needs to be removed and hooked back up unless I am missing something else here..

image_(resized).jpeg

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's exactly the one i was talking about that will require extra work to look good in chrome, has a LOT of rivet/bolt heads showing. I bought one a while back to do the same with for my BOP but have changed my mind and gone with the original one (2 slots with a gap in the middle), far less metal work involved to get a smoooooth finish !

Thanks. I may show him both and ask him which is the better/easier/cheaper one to do

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am missing something else here..

A spring connects the plunger that is in your hand to the hole in the drive link. The part is called Gate Mech. Spring #10-389

#1888 3 years ago

That single coin slot door is called an English 1 door, used on export games pretty sure. I had one on a Jackbot that was re-imported that I swapped in a standard two slot door to match others games i owned.

#1889 3 years ago

gentlemen, new club member as of yesterday here. what's the top 3 or 5 things you guys do to these things? i was thinking speakers, since the sound is pretty crappy. does a kit make a big difference?

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gentlemen, new club member as of yesterday here. what's the top 3 or 5 things you guys do to these things? i was thinking speakers, since the sound is pretty crappy. does a kit make a big difference?

Congrats!!. I put a new cabinet speaker in mine and it made a big difference. Lots of mods available. Check out Mezel Mods online.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Welcome. A powered sub woofer makes a BIG difference.

#1892 3 years ago

how's the install with a powered sub? basically factory fit just with a power cord or you talking external?

#1893 3 years ago

Oups...yeah external. Just alligator clip wires to the cab speaker.

As far as other mods just run through all the thread pages and stop at the pictures and you'll get a very good idea of what members are putting on as far as mods. I know I have posted a few. I know my red Leg Light-Up would look nice on the game.

#1894 3 years ago

I'm so deep down the shop job hole. This is uncharted territory for me. I'm having everything here chromed by Mike Chestnut. I just hope I can put it all back once it's ready. Playfield is cleaned and about to get waxed:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm so deep down the shop job hole. This is uncharted territory for me. I'm having everything here chromed by Mike Chestnut. I just hope I can put it all back once it's ready. Playfield is cleaned and about to get waxed:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Oh man I hope you took LOTS of detailed pictures.

#1896 3 years ago

Haha no pictures. I love puzzles and a good challenge.

Kidding

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha no pictures. I love puzzles and a good challenge.
Kidding

#1898 3 years ago

Not chroming the stoplight??

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Be nice now. He's having fun.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I thought about it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9983 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 200.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside