• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 198.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

keep adding mods. just about got this one done. gauges in speaker panel lit.

Very nice! The only thing better would be real gauges but thats crazy talk, right.

#1752 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Very nice! The only thing better would be real gauges but thats crazy talk, right.

Ah yes it is crazy, they don't make um that small. But one can dream.

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But one can dream.

How about a 3d printer to make the bezel and a led from the backside of the speaker panel.

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

How about a 3d printer to make the bezel and a led from the backside of the speaker panel.

Sorry I can't visiualize it.

#1755 3 years ago

Why didnt you just use the 6.3v ones and tie them into the GI?
also.That looks like a lot of leds to light them!

How did you mark the center of the gauges?
Looks like you got them spot on.

#1756 3 years ago

Found the leds size to match . Had a really scratched up speaker panel so I cut the gauges out for a template. Routed and dremaled out holes so they inlay not against panel had to cut speaker cover around leds you can see a little grove along bottom for wires I filled back in .done that so wouldn't be in way to install a color dmd

#1757 3 years ago

Looks awesome, biglaw!

#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Has anybody installed these "Next Generation version 2" cabinet decals for The Getaway?
It says its using a "Next gen process that are using new machines that can can produce a high gloss product that is better then a brand new one."
This really interests me because I never liked how dull and non-glossy some of the reproduction side cabinet art looked and kept me from buying it. The decals look glossy in this ad but I'm skeptical until I see them installed because the old versions looked like factory and I didn't think they looked the same on a few that Ive seen installed. Its hard on black I guess, or at least that what they say, I can say its the black that gives it away so much from looking different.
ebay ad
ebay.com link » Getaway High Speed Ii Pinball Machine Cabinet Decals Limited Qty Next Gen
het1_(resized).jpg

I'm very happy with them! PS If anyone knows where I can get a mountain mod please let me know

IMG_4294_(resized).JPG
IMG_4291_(resized).JPG

#1759 3 years ago

I downloaded the HS II pinball game to my phone. Man it's a blast! I really want the real thing

image_(resized).png

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I downloaded the HS II pinball game to my phone. Man it's a blast! I really want the real thing

Yep...that's what did it for me. A couple of weeks of playing that and I had to unload my newly acquired JP that I wasn't enjoying and track one of these puppies down! I don't regret it.

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from slpenza:

I'm very happy with them! PS If anyone knows where I can get a mountain mod please let me know

Any left on Etsy ?

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Any left on Etsy ?

Unfortunately not

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Chris Wright had some seconds (not quite perfect pulls) on Etsy recently. I bought one a couple of months ago: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinballToys
I don't see any on the site now but maybe he still has some laying around?
His Pinside info: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/chrisvw

See my previous post above. Contact the Etsy store owner directly and see if he has any more. It's a mod worth having!

#1764 3 years ago

The one I bought from Etsy is supposed to be flawed but I could not find anything wrong with it. Maybe my eyes are going bad in my old age lol.

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The one I bought from Etsy is supposed to be flawed but I could not find anything wrong with it. Maybe my eyes are going bad in my old age lol.

Same here.

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from slpenza:

Has anybody installed these "Next Generation version 2" cabinet decals for The Getaway?

Installed my NG v2 a year ago and they've held up well. I love the look. Pix attached.

decaled_backbox_(resized).JPG

decaled_cabinet_(resized).JPG

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Installed my NG v2 a year ago and they've held up well. I love the look. Pix attached.

Looks great. Are they from Classic arcades? I aslo noticed the new text on the back of the backbox. Are they decals or did you screen print?

#1768 3 years ago

I have a set of graphics that I purchased from Classic arcades about 8 mnths ago that I haven't found time yet to install. Won't be a big deal from me as I'm a professional graphics application guy and have been installing decals for 25 years so no big deal. Just wondering if mine are this 2nd Gen or not? They looks nice but not sure.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from slpenza:

IMG_4294_(resized).JPG
IMG_4291_(resized).JPG

That looks great! Sorry if I missed it but where do I purchase these?

Edit: NVM, I guess Etsy is the source.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).png

This is the reason I bought mine

I want a Dredd now.

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Edit: NVM, I guess Etsy is the source

It was for a while but I think they are all gone now. Pretty much unobtanium unless you can find someone who wants to sell his.

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks great. Are they from Classic arcades? I aslo noticed the new text on the back of the backbox. Are they decals or did you screen print?

As I recall I bought on eBay, so I believe they came from classic arcades, but I can't be sure. The truth is I'm going from memory even to say they're NGv2--I may be remembering a set from a different game, and I didn't keep records. Also, the text on the back of the backbox was already there--I didn't touch it.

#1773 3 years ago

Hey does anyone have a link or any insight to do the new style Red/Blue LED's for the top of the machine. Just played a Rescue911 that had them and it is pretty great looking.

#1774 3 years ago

Check out my custom apron magnet mod for Getaway.

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

IMG_5216_(resized).PNG

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Wow! That is AWESOME!

#1777 3 years ago

You should offer 2.
One that says doughnut.
I Know the dmd says donut but that doesn't make it right!

#1778 3 years ago

Could Hooked's tachometer mod be used in a High Speed or Getaway?

image_(resized).png

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).png

No it can't, the electronics are to different.

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).png

That would be awesome!!

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

It is awesome! But it's a lot of work!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZXypXzuz-W3Nu35rhYS4dh87afp_na9_

Looks great.

My stoplight mod looks pretty good as well.

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgIMG_5216_(resized).PNG

This looks great!!!

#1784 3 years ago

I love all my mods! I hope to one day colordmd it, but ive got the donut heaven mod, top strobes, and mountain mod.

10283_564511160362955_4282898982435370789_n_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1785 3 years ago

I'm having an issue when a ball ends and goes to the first trough switch, game does not notice end of ball. Game sits there and goes through the ball locate until it finally notices the ball ends and goes to the next ball. I go into switch check and that switch seems to be working fine, what could be the reason it does not notice end of ball immediately?

#1786 3 years ago

Did you check the shooter lane switch? It has to be something with the trough or shooter lane switches. I would take all the balls out and roll them down the drain one at a time in the switch test to see what is going on.

#1787 3 years ago

I did do that. All switches in test test fine. The shooter lane switch tests good also and as soon as a ball is ejected into the shooter lane you can manually plunge the ball as usual. It has to be something with the outhole switch #55 as it doesn't register a ball in the outhole, but tests good? Maybe I just need to adjust it?

#1788 3 years ago

Try adjusting it. May bounce after a played ball drains and not register switch. When in test with a ball the speed may be slow enough to register. Or switch getting flakey. Adjust to be more sensitive and see if it's better.

#1789 3 years ago

can you disable video mode?

#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I did do that. All switches in test test fine. The shooter lane switch tests good also and as soon as a ball is ejected into the shooter lane you can manually plunge the ball as usual. It has to be something with the outhole switch #55 as it doesn't register a ball in the outhole, but tests good? Maybe I just need to adjust it?

My dirty Harry was doing the exact same thing. Turns out the balls had become magnetized. Put new balls in and Bam! problem solved.

I then ordered a trough insert to protect against this in the future.

#1791 3 years ago

Just to clarify. Once the balls become magnetized they stick together in the trough and don't Advance in the trough as they should

#1792 3 years ago

Interesting, I'll have to change the balls and see what happens. I'll update once I do. Thanks.

#1793 3 years ago

Had the magnetized balls problem before too with a ToM .
It could just be one ball that causes the problem.
Tip a screw driver off each and see if anyone of them acts different.

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from bumpnthump05:

I love all my mods! I hope to one day colordmd it, but ive got the donut heaven mod, top strobes, and mountain mod.

10283_564511160362955_4282898982435370789_n_(resized).jpg

Check out my mods on pg 7 & 8 for some more ideas.

#1795 3 years ago

Hey owners. I'm wanting to put some of those Brite Cap led mods on my Getaway pops.

I was thinking all red or red green and yellow. Does anyone have pictures of the game done both ways? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

image_(resized).png

#1796 3 years ago

And it's 16 bucks per cap? Geez

#1797 3 years ago

Also, my daughter and I were playing my MAME and found this:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1798 3 years ago

Also, if anyone here knows me, you'll know I love to mod my games.

I'll be getting a Getaway in a few weeks. It has a ColorDMD already as well as a led key start up mod. He has an led gear shifter mod not yet installed. I bought and sent him a Mezelmod police blue flasher topper mod and he is installing it.

I bought one of Sparky's MDM mods as well as Pinballifes speaker light mod. How do I install multiple mods in a Williams WPC pin? In newer Sterns I would just buy an 8 in 1 5v/12v power splitter and be good to go. I don't think that's an option because all the instructions on these install say to use the J117 connector.

Any help here guys?

image_(resized).jpg

#1799 3 years ago

Well this is what I did for my Batman Forever to solve that problem. This way the many 12v mods don't tax the game power system.

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0322[1]_(resized).JPG

#1800 3 years ago

Ok. Where can I buy that? Also how can j tell which mods are 5v and which mods are 12v?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
$ 28.00
There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside