• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 277.
#1651 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice.....now ya gotta get a couple of Comet 3 led 6.3v white strips for under the 2 gauges on top of the slings. You'll be amazed how they make the pf pop.

Thank you. I saw that mod, was that on your machine? It looked really nice

#1652 8 years ago

How do you tie the led strips in the slings under the gauges? Would like to see how that looks is it somewhere in this thread already? Thanks.

#1653 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you. I saw that mod, was that on your machine? It looked really nice

Could be, was it me that posted it? I did it first then others did it. I wanted it light the gauge more fully so I cut down a 7 to a 4 led.

#1654 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you tie the led strips in the slings under the gauges? Would like to see how that looks is it somewhere in this thread already? Thanks.

You just position it and stick it down on the sling plastic so it shines up. Go to page 8, post # 351. Some of my other mods are on page 8 also, post # 395 and 399.

2 weeks later
#1656 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just finished fixing up my Getaway.
Now everything works but the dome topper motor.
I even put in a brand new motor thinking that was surely the problem but no luck. Still refuses to move. Tries to every once in awhile but it does not get very far, maybe half a turn. Also the Flash lamp is very weak.
I checked out all the connections from the main board to the little boards up top as well as the fuse in little board and everything looks to be ok.
Maybe a previous owner has the molex plugs in wrong or something so I took some photos.
Anyone see anything odd or have any ideas why this motor and light refuse to move and blink?

IMG_1284.jpg IMG_1285.jpg

I'm actually the new owner of arcade's getaway and I found the problem. The blu/orng wire going from the triac board is supposed to be plugged into j123 and why it wasn't working is because it was plugged onto j130. It's good as new now!

#1657 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice.....now ya gotta get a couple of Comet 3 led 6.3v white strips for under the 2 gauges on top of the slings. You'll be amazed how they make the pf pop.

Shhhh, keep that for mod on the DL to keep it extra special. Just kidding as this member knows whats up by his LED selection skills. He did green and red LED star posts where needed and kept the GI in white just like I did because green cop cars and street signs look lame.

I dig the color DMD but what happened to your Getaway specific pop bumper caps

#1658 8 years ago

Here is a picture of mine I got a couple weeks ago completely led with a mountain mod that I just added. I plan on doing mezelmods donut heaven and led strobes, comet 3 led's under gauges, and Lee's parts ramp leds. I would like to figure out how to light up that hair pin in the rear left of the play field it is way too dark. I've seen somebody's mod on here but they never elaborated on how they did it.

20151222_212616_(resized).jpg20151222_212616_(resized).jpg

20151216_214914_(resized).jpg20151216_214914_(resized).jpg

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Shhhh, keep that for mod on the DL to keep it extra special.

#1660 8 years ago
Quoted from bumpnthump05:

I'm actually the new owner of arcade's getaway and I found the problem. The blu/orng wire going from the triac board is supposed to be plugged into j123 and why it wasn't working is because it was plugged onto j130. It's good as new now!

Just crazy how some people screw up games. Glad you got it straight.

#1661 8 years ago

Here is a picture of mine I got a couple weeks ago completely led with a mountain mod that I just added. I plan on doing mezelmods donut heaven and led strobes, comet 3 led's under gauges, and Lee's parts ramp leds. I would like to figure out how to light up that hair pin in the rear left of the play field it is way too dark. I've seen somebody's mod on here but they never elaborated on how they did it.

20151222_212616_(resized).jpg20151216_214914_(resized).jpg

#1663 8 years ago

But first I need to fix the screws that somebody decided to replace with screws instead of rivets with on the supercharger diverter. I'm not digging these 150 supercharger times

#1664 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just crazy how some people screw up games. Glad you got it straight.

Arcade is a pinball pro friend of mine but he didn't mess it up, it was the previous owner that both me and him were trying to fix. There has been all sorts of weird hardware that replaced so many screws for some reason on this thing.

#1665 8 years ago

Arcade is a pinball pro friend of mine but he didn't mess it up, it was the previous owner that both me and him were trying to fix. There has been all sorts of weird hardware that replaced so many screws for some reason on this thing.

Your having fun then right.

#1666 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your having fun then right.

Oh yeah... loads!!

20151223_011859_(resized).jpg20151223_011859_(resized).jpg

#1667 8 years ago

If you had a Dremel tool with a sanding attachment it might be a good idea to grind down the screw heads almost flat. You'd be surprised how sensitive this part is to speed. Mine was faster once with a loose rivet and another rivet that wasn't sitting perfectly flush then it was after I installed a new ones. So maybe just experiment with grinding those heads down and you may end up in the low 80's.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

If you had a Dremel tool with a sanding attachment it might be a good idea to grind down the screw heads almost flat. You'd be surprised how sensitive this part is to speed. Mine was faster once with a loose rivet and another rivet that wasn't sitting perfectly flush then it was after I installed a new ones. So maybe just experiment with grinding those heads down and you may end up in the low 80's.

Yeah i was kinda thinking about running some shallow screws or torx with lock nuts and grind/sand them smooth (since they should be good as long as they are tight)

#1669 8 years ago

Oh yeah... loads!!

20151223_011859_(resized).jpg

Whatever they had lying around.

#1670 8 years ago

Well coil number 1 on the supercharger is dead. After fixing the supercharger with proper flush hardware, cleaning the whole supercharger, coils 2 and 3 push the ball, #1 doesn't do a damn thing. So now I hunt for a coil.

20151223_193546_(resized).jpg20151223_193546_(resized).jpg

20151223_193601_(resized).jpg20151223_193601_(resized).jpg

#1671 8 years ago

Well coil number 1 on the supercharger is dead. After fixing the supercharger with proper flush hardware, cleaning the whole supercharger, coils 2 and 3 push the ball, #1 doesn't do a damn thing. So now I hunt for a coil.

20151223_193546_(resized).jpg20151223_193601_(resized).jpg

Once you get going, you are a machine at getting a game apart.
And yes, whoever repaired the game before us did some very strange things. Seemed to just use whatever was on hand.

#1672 8 years ago

Did you ohm the coil?

#1673 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Did you ohm the coil?

Since the previous post in between wrapping presents I checked continuity to see if it still made a full circuit and it seems to be complete. Not too worried about it right now my supercharger speed went from 170 to 130 ish by fixing the hardware.

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Shhhh, keep that for mod on the DL to keep it extra special. Just kidding as this member knows whats up by his LED selection skills. He did green and red LED star posts where needed and kept the GI in white just like I did because green cop cars and street signs look lame.
I dig the color DMD but what happened to your Getaway specific pop bumper caps

I agree with what you said about green/red signs and cop cars looking "lame" when colored by LEDs and you have a sharp eye when it comes to the pop bumper caps! I have the originals but I was playing around with these starburst caps, I liked the way they threw out the light on that part of the playfield, it gives it a little more brightness, and the bulb doesn't standout like in the originals. Someday I may switch it back but for now I'm liking the extra pop while still retaining a semi-original look (nice catch).

#1675 8 years ago

Here is a picture of mine I got a couple weeks ago completely led with a mountain mod that I just added

Hey, welcome! But I have to ask... where did you get that Mountain Mod? I've been looking but I thought that run was sold out and I haven't seen any pop up for sale.

BTW, I like the Neo Geo Arcade, good stuff!

#1676 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

a sharp eye when it comes to the pop bumper caps! I have the originals but I was playing around with these starburst caps, I liked the way they threw out the light on that part of the playfield, it gives it a little more brightness, and the bulb doesn't standout like in the originals. Someday I may switch it back but for now I'm liking the extra pop while still retaining a semi-original look (nice catch).

I did the same on my Getaway...those pop bumper caps look a lot better than stock caps.

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hey, welcome! But I have to ask... where did you get that Mountain Mod? I've been looking but I thought that run was sold out and I haven't seen any pop up for sale.

I found a couple on Etsy from pinball toys and snagged one and they sold out shortly after. I guess they had found a couple after the initial run. And thanks! Me neo geo is what started my addiction lol. Here's a pic if my current lineup.

20151211_215358_(resized).jpg20151211_215358_(resized).jpg

#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Chris Wright had some seconds (not quite perfect pulls) on Etsy recently. I bought one a couple of months ago: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinballToys

I don't see any on the site now but maybe he still has some laying around?

His Pinside info: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/chrisvw

#1679 8 years ago

I found a couple on Etsy from pinball toys and snagged one and they sold out shortly after. I guess they had found a couple after the initial run. And thanks! Me neo geo is what started my addiction lol. Here's a pic if my current lineup.

20151211_215358_(resized).jpg

Haha. Looks like we posted at the same time! Sweet collection by the way!

#1680 8 years ago

Edit: Nice Arcade collection, the game room looks nice!

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can touch base with him and get one to try out...

As for the Arcades, here's mine, I cheated a bit due to space and at the time when I bought this Ultracade pro with the 27" screen it seemed like a good option. Now crammed with 265 games into one unit is sweet but it's a dead end platform and I think we all know what happened with the creator.

The Neo Geo cabinet was trashed so I restored it and moded the control panel and front end. I had to de-case a 24" Sony Trintron for the monitor because I didn't like the fit or image of an LED especially with the old school games and I couldn't find a CRT to buy. I added my custom built PC so the unit acts like a Mame but honestly we just use it a music player.

It's funny because I was a vidkid back in my day and spent most of time in the Arcades. Pinball was the 2nd love but has now grown to my 1st, too bad they are so large and expensive! Oh well...

Arcade_games_(resized).jpgArcade_games_(resized).jpg

#1682 8 years ago
#1683 8 years ago

Huh, I'm not sure how I did that but I'm sure it's one of my more intelligent posts.

Thanks!

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I agree with what you said about green/red signs and cop cars looking "lame" when colored by LEDs and you have a sharp eye when it comes to the pop bumper caps! I have the originals but I was playing around with these starburst caps, I liked the way they threw out the light on that part of the playfield, it gives it a little more brightness, and the bulb doesn't standout like in the originals. Someday I may switch it back but for now I'm liking the extra pop while still retaining a semi-original look (nice catch).

What pop bumper caps did you use on your HS2? I installed these on mine.

IMG_2708_(resized).JPGIMG_2708_(resized).JPG

#1685 8 years ago

Has anyone ever been able to install a siren on their getaway using the beacon light signal and a relay? Kind of like this:

Id like to find one but variable volume.

#1686 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What pop bumper caps did you use on your HS2? I installed these on mine.

IMG_2708_(resized).JPG

I have the jewel caps on mine too but with Comet ring leds.

#1687 8 years ago

Has anyone ever been able to install a siren on their getaway using the beacon light signal and a relay? Kind of like this:

Holy crap would that ever piss off the neighbours.!!! Lol.

#1688 8 years ago

Yeah Im hard of hearing now, I can't imagine what that would do to me. Lol, awesome!

These are the Starburst caps with Comet twin smd red bulbs. The red matrix post lights add just enough to the hairpin turn but I'm tempted to add an led strip under the super charger...

Edit: frosted twin smd red bulbs

20151215_124330_(resized).jpg20151215_124330_(resized).jpg

#1689 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Holy crap would that ever piss off the neighbours.!!! Lol.

Haha yeah that's why I said adjustable volume haha. I just feel like the siren in the sounds of the game is is quiet when the music is playing over it.

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm tempted to add an led strip under the super charger...

Put a purple strip over the lane behind the CS, works great to light it up back there.

#1691 8 years ago

Haha yeah that's why I said adjustable volume haha. I just feel like the siren in the sounds of the game is is quiet when the music is playing over it.

I think it would be a great idea. Really make multiball and redline mania a blast!!

#1692 8 years ago

Who sells the decal that goes on the turbocharger loop? I'm missing mine.

#1693 8 years ago

A Pinsider about 10 or so pages ago. Can't remember his name.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Who sells the decal that goes on the turbocharger loop? I'm missing mine.

The pinsiders name was biglaw, really nice bloke too

#1695 8 years ago

I wanted the most light output while keeping the High Speed series specific caps so I went Evo Brite caps. They have 34+ LED's, are dimable and can be reactive.

IMG_2959_(resized).JPGIMG_2959_(resized).JPG
bc_evo-4_(resized).jpgbc_evo-4_(resized).jpg

Anyone else sometimes feel like they should keep their mods on the DL so a bunch of people don't copy your unique one of a kind perhaps pin should you go to sell? IDK, when I mod my vehicles I don't usually go on the forums and show them off so people wont copy but that was in the past I don't seem to be that way with pinball, I probably should be though, because I have aspirations of doing some sort of modding/restoration online content review, but I don't know how I want to approach it just yet.

#1696 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Anyone else sometimes feel like they should keep their mods on the DL so a bunch of people don't copy your unique one of a kind perhaps pin should you go to sell? IDK, when I mod my vehicles I don't usually go on the forums and show them off so people wont copy but that was in the past I don't seem to be that way with pinball, I probably should be though, because I have aspirations of doing some sort of modding/restoration online content review, but I don't know how I want to approach it just yet

I don't feel that way but I understand if you do; however, if that's the case many mods wouldn't even be available for sale like the Mt. Mod on your machine, they could have made just 1 for themselves and been done. The CFTBL has some of the best and most tasteful mods I've seen and it would be a shame if we never got to see them... I'm glad the pinball community is very open with this and very helpful, IDK, where my machines would be if it weren't for all the technical help I've gotten from Pinside

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm glad the pinball community is very open with this and very helpful, IDK, where my machines would be if it weren't for all the technical help I've gotten from Pinside

Agreed
I can understand perhaps not sharing if it's a particular mod someones made (for any machine) from their own design and one they don't wish to make for others or for the general pinball market let's say but something like MustangPaul's creative use of LED lighting, etc, well, that's kinda open for interpretation and really anyone could use LED's in that way if so desired. It's sure not stepping on anyone's creative toes so to speak. I felt the same about sharing the "flamed" supercharger cover, it wasn't my initial idea either, it was "borrowed" from another pinsider who had his done with a Carbon effect and i just ran with the idea but put my own spin on it If anyone wishes to copy that they are welcome to it and i don't think it devalues anyone's machines by adding the same mods that others have. Pinside has been a wealth of ideas, shared knowledge and inspiration to me

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Agreed
I can understand perhaps not sharing if it's a particular mod someones made (for any machine) from their own design and one they don't wish to make for others or for the general pinball market let's say but something like MustangPaul's creative use of LED lighting, etc, well, that's kinda open for interpretation and really anyone could use LED's in that way if so desired. It's sure not stepping on anyone's creative toes so to speak. I felt the same about sharing the "flamed" supercharger cover, it wasn't my initial idea either, it was "borrowed" from another pinsider who had his done with a Carbon effect and i just ran with the idea but put my own spin on it If anyone wishes to copy that they are welcome to it and i don't think it devalues anyone's machines by adding the same mods that others have. Pinside has been a wealth of ideas, shared knowledge and inspiration to me

I've always shared my mod ideas cuz I think they improve the look of the game and many I have posted I've posted as DIY. Some have contacted me about my leg light-ups and asked if they are for sale so I'm looking into it, they don't want to be bothered trying to make it because it can be frustrating to make something custom.

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I wanted the most light output while keeping the High Speed series specific caps so I went Evo Brite caps. They have 34+ LED's, are dimable and can be reactive.
IMG_2959_(resized).JPG
bc_evo-4_(resized).jpg
Anyone else sometimes feel like they should keep their mods on the DL so a bunch of people don't copy your unique one of a kind perhaps pin should you go to sell? IDK, when I mod my vehicles I don't usually go on the forums and show them off so people wont copy but that was in the past I don't seem to be that way with pinball, I probably should be though, because I have aspirations of doing some sort of modding/restoration online content review, but I don't know how I want to approach it just yet.

Question on those Evo Brite caps, they provide light underneath on the playfield as well as top lighting? Same color on both sides? Looks nice!

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Question on those Evo Brite caps, they provide light underneath on the playfield as well as top lighting? Same color on both sides? Looks nice!

I think they are color top white bottom, they are nice but they raise the pop cap up a few mm so they aren't good if height clearance of the cap is a problem. I had them on 2 of my pops of my JM but it wouldn't fit on the 3rd one for that reason....if I remember right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.