• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 277.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For rubber sizes, look them up in the manual. I refer to the one online here:

I looked through my manual and im pretty sure it not correct. Anyone know the proper ring sizes ?

#1602 8 years ago

I have a mountain mod. I tried to install it but the posts were not long enough. Are these suppose to be replaced, are the plastics taken out?

#1603 8 years ago

I've always wanted to light up the gauges on that speaker plastic. I wonder if the printing on it is transparent enough to let light through.

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've always wanted to light up the gauges on that speaker plastic. I wonder if the printing on it is transparent enough to let light through.

Am I the only one bothered that there are turbo boost gauges on a car that supposedly has been modified with a blown supercharger?

#1605 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Am I the only one bothered that there are turbo boost gauges on a car that supposedly has been modified with a blown supercharger?

NO but just go with it!

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have to peel the black sticky tape off back of the original the one from Germany won't work. The silk screen one will.I am doing that to mine working on a template for the speaker panel now

#1607 8 years ago

I'm un-parting a getaway made from over 7 different games.

Cabinet $20 from Allentown flea market
Wired trashed Playfield 275 from Texas
Boards and cab harness from Brian Kelly
Beacon from Allentown swap meet
Hand made light insert panel
Translite and speaker panel plastic Ebay
Used playfield RazerX
Clear coat by Trilogy Doug.
Box of parts Grover Gibson
Pre faded repro plastics CPR
Transformer IPB sale
Phoenix arcade decals
Plenty of parts from Pinball Life

I never seem to learn my lesson that the hard way is never cheaper

-c

20151029_212544.jpg20151029_212544.jpg

FB_IMG_1446171774851.jpgFB_IMG_1446171774851.jpg

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I looked through my manual and im pretty sure it not correct. Anyone know the proper ring sizes ?

What's not correct? I just replaced all my rubbers and the manual was a good reference for me.

#1609 8 years ago
Quoted from clone97:

I almost choked on coffee coming out my nose... "Someone parting one out?" What kind of advice is this, Even baSket cases go to good homes.... But should you find one, I NEED THE WIRE HARNESS

Sounds like good advice to me, If you ask him nice he may sell you a spare harnass.

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

You have to peel the black sticky tape off back of the original the one from Germany won't work. The silk screen one will.I am doing that to mine working on a template for the speaker panel now

That's good to know about the Germany one. Please post how your doing it, it should be pretty easy if you know how to use a router. I hope the sticky tape comes off clean. Led strips from Comet should make it pretty easy to light them up too.

1 week later
#1611 8 years ago

As of this evening I am no longer a club member

#1612 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

As of this evening I am no longer a club member

Aw man.......sorry to see ya go. Have fun with whatever you replace it with.

#1613 8 years ago

Has anyone with leaf switch flippers converted to optical? Mine has wiring for both and prefer the optical. Btw, thanks to Boogies for the heads up about the flipper leaf switches being different on this and TAF: replaced mine and fixed the glitch.

Pics of both wiring:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#1614 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Aw man.......sorry to see ya go. Have fun with whatever you replace it with.

Likely not replacing it in a hurry. Ive sold off a few games recently unfortunately.

Tommy, HS2, I500, AC/DC prem.

purged a few, trying to consider what is sticking around long term. Was actually surprised to see getaway go. But it isnt far, so Im alright with it.

#1615 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Likely not replacing it in a hurry. Ive sold off a few games recently unfortunately.
Tommy, HS2, I500, AC/DC prem.
purged a few, trying to consider what is sticking around long term. Was actually surprised to see getaway go. But it isnt far, so Im alright with it.

I see, I'm at 15 and for my size space I could loose one or two and would be more comfortable.

#1616 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

I have a mountain mod. I tried to install it but the posts were not long enough. Are these suppose to be replaced, are the plastics taken out?

The factory posts should be the correct length. One or two turns of the nut is all you should need.

#1617 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If you can find someone selling the mountain mods anywhere better let the dude know he's gonna have to man the barricades and prepare for a Getaway owners Avalanche

I'm working on getting some of the "seconds" on Etsy today. They contain minor cosmetic imperfections in the paint but once installed not noticeable in my opinion. Photos taken of each one so you can judge for yourself. A lot of people have repainted them so if that's your plan these should work well for you.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinballToys

#1618 8 years ago

Decided to make my own stop light. wish my camera showed the lit red, yellow, green better. I think it looks a little better than stock one. just my opinion.IMAG0106 getaway stop light.jpgIMAG0106 getaway stop light.jpg IMAG0110 getaway stop light 1.jpgIMAG0110 getaway stop light 1.jpgIMAG0104 stop light 2.jpgIMAG0104 stop light 2.jpg

#1619 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see, I'm at 15 and for my size space I could loose one or two and would be more comfortable.

Well, if you ever want to unload RCT, we can talk

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Well, if you ever want to unload RCT, we can talk

I've thought about it but I don't ship.

#1621 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've thought about it but I don't ship.

That may pose a problem. Lol

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That may pose a problem. Lol

Yup and you live in Canada so the cost of the game is high also.

#1623 8 years ago

Hasn't stopped me in the past

#1624 8 years ago

Just joined the club last week.
Bought an almost fully working game that needed some tweaking.
Supercharger did not work but it turned out to be a molex plug was not connected inside the silver cover on the three large magnets.
Dome topper motor is shot (Looks like Mad Amusements has them in stock.)
Playfield is missing one of the guides at the very bottom that lets the playfield ride on the wood railing. This makes it very difficult to make the playfield latch in place to raise it up. (They are shaped like little sleds with one end curled up to ride on.)
Ball shoots out of the shooter lane very weak most of the time.
Other then that it just needs a good cleaning and LED's.

The game is a blast. So far we are loving it as we already own lots of Ritchie games.

Quick question. For jackpots, are they supposed to score from a shot to the far left orbit or just from the upper flipper orbit?
Ours scores a jackpot on both shots.

#1625 8 years ago

Either shot will make it up the rear ramp to score the jackpot.

#1626 8 years ago

Dispatch, I need some help.

My fuse F105 is blowing at Start up. That is for solenoids 1-8. Has anyone encountered this yet?

#1627 8 years ago

I haven't.
If it was me tho I'd disconnect that bunch of coils first and see what happens.
If it doesn't blow its on the pf.
More than likely under it.
Check those coils then one by one.

#1628 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I haven't.
If it was me tho I'd disconnect that bunch of coils first and see what happens.
If it doesn't blow its on the pf.
More than likely under it.
Check those coils then one by one.

Great suggestion! I'll have to figure out which one is the correct connection, I don't have the manual I don't think.

#1630 8 years ago

Looks like someones covered up the inserts and then spray painted the playfield black (upper playfield), although bit hard to tell off the pics. NO IDEA where this came from, first time i've seen it and No Sir, i don't like that at all !!!!

#1631 8 years ago

1st of 5 to be re-themed?!?!? What the hell are they thinking?

#1632 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

No Sir, i don't like that at all !!!!

Why don't you like it, after all it has the RV mod. This is an expensive mod on EBay.

#1633 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Yikes what the hell is this RSR pin?
phoenix.craigslist.org link

Sacrilege!

#1634 8 years ago

Holy crap, I wouldn't take it for free.

#1635 8 years ago

LOL - rv mod. It looks like the same exact theme just uglified.

1 week later
#1636 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

My fuse F105 is blowing at Start up. That is for solenoids 1-8. Has anyone encountered this yet?

Hey guys, I got this taken care of. I honestly don't know what fixed it, I adjusted about a dozen things and I'm all set now.

1 week later
#1637 8 years ago

Just finished fixing up my Getaway.
Now everything works but the dome topper motor.
I even put in a brand new motor thinking that was surely the problem but no luck. Still refuses to move. Tries to every once in awhile but it does not get very far, maybe half a turn. Also the Flash lamp is very weak.
I checked out all the connections from the main board to the little boards up top as well as the fuse in little board and everything looks to be ok.
Maybe a previous owner has the molex plugs in wrong or something so I took some photos.
Anyone see anything odd or have any ideas why this motor and light refuse to move and blink?

IMG_1284.jpgIMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpgIMG_1285.jpg

#1638 8 years ago

I'm not really a fan of the Donut Heaven mod but I like the look of this decal; does anyone know where to get this decal?

donut_heaven_cropped.jpgdonut_heaven_cropped.jpg

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now everything works but the dome topper motor.
I even put in a brand new motor thinking that was surely the problem but no luck.

Remove the resistor board from the backbox and reflow all the header pins and the resistors. Do a ohm check on the resistors also.

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Remove the resistor board from the backbox and reflow all the header pins and the resistors. Do a ohm check on the resistors also.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

And ditto on the Donut Sticker location.

#1641 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not really a fan of the Donut Heaven mod but I like the look of this decal; does anyone know where to get this decal?

donut_heaven_cropped.jpg

Now I'd buy that. Where did ya find that picture? The owner of the picture would be a good lead I would think. If you find out who sells it let us know.

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now I'd buy that. Where did ya find that picture? The owner of the picture would be a good lead I would think. If you find out who sells it let us know.

+1

#1643 8 years ago

Oh wait, from the Drive 185 plastic I think the owner is the guy that made that totally custom Getaway.

#1644 8 years ago

All of the repro PF plastics kits from CPR have that plastic.

#1645 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

All of the repro PF plastics kits from CPR have that plastic.

Well back to the drawing board.

#1646 8 years ago

Picked up Indy's nice traffic light mod. Will be putting it on mine when done with the swap. For anyone who is interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap#post-2827078

#1647 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Picked up Indy's nice traffic light mod.

Super useful mod, the traffic light look so much better without light leakage, love mine!
Cheers

#1648 8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Everyone seems to like the mod...that makes me a "happy camper"...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-the-getaway-stoplight-mod

DSC_1960.jpgDSC_1960.jpg

#1649 8 years ago

Added some of the Titan Comp silicone rings and Comet's Matrix LEDs... I switched out the Star posts with colored ones and made the slings flash blue.

Lower_PF.jpgLower_PF.jpg

Upper_PF.jpgUpper_PF.jpg

Getaway_LED.jpgGetaway_LED.jpg

#1650 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Added some of the Titan Comp silicone rings and Comet's Matrix LEDs... I switched out the Star posts with colored ones and made the slings flash blue.

Lower_PF.jpg Upper_PF.jpg Getaway_LED.jpg

Nice.....now ya gotta get a couple of Comet 3 led 6.3v white strips for under the 2 gauges on top of the slings. You'll be amazed how they make the pf pop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.