• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 198.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'll take a set as well.
I had planned to eventually paint the insides, but I like your mod. Way less work and mess!!

I airbrushed the insides of mine with black. Took less than 7 minutes. Piece of cake and makes a helluva lot of difference....

No way I would spend $ on a mod like that. Hell you could just size thin cardboard paper, paint with black marker and cut out and insert.

Matt..

#1502 3 years ago

Indy

I will purchase a set of your street light mod. THANKS!

Dan

#1503 3 years ago

PM sent to Indy, I would love one for my Getaway, great mod!

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

A few more...

DSC_2000.jpg DSC_2001.jpg DSC_2002.jpg DSC_2003.jpg

That looks purdy. Now ya gotta spiff up the lock bar receiver and pf hangers.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

No way I would spend $ on a mod like that. Hell you could just size thin cardboard paper, paint with black marker and cut out and insert.

Matt..

No-one said you had to purchase this mod.

Glad you found your own solution Matt.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

I airbrushed the insides of mine with black. Took less than 7 minutes. Piece of cake and makes a helluva lot of difference....
Matt..

Then don't buy one. The time and energy it takes me to drive around getting supplies and doing that is well worth a few bucks. Not everyone has an airbrush either.

#1507 3 years ago

Another benefit to my light blocker blades...it's easily reversible.

Try doing THAT with airbrushed paint...LOL

#1508 3 years ago

I decided to park the Getaway next to the high speed.

DSC_2004.jpg

#1509 3 years ago

Those look sweet together. High Speed is a really fun game.

#1510 3 years ago

I'm right there with you ! Nice

image.jpg

#1511 3 years ago

image.jpg

#1512 3 years ago

That chrome looks sweet.

Really like the small LCD screen as well...how'd you do that?

I like the coin door decal...would like one myself, by my Getaway has a different style door.

#1513 3 years ago

Thanks. Mike Chestnut did all the chrome. We did the apron and supercharger ramp as well. Bought the DMD extender from a guy in u.k. I think dr pinball was making them but stopped for some reason. Some guys are making their own kits with a raspberry or something. Way over my head. I was lucky to find a kit that was ready to go.

#1514 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a thread or site that shows how to take the ramps out? I have to get to my diverter coil and don't want to break anything. Plus I can clean up under there because it hasn't been touched since God knows when.

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Does anyone have a link to a thread or site that shows how to take the ramps out? I have to get to my diverter coil and don't want to break anything. Plus I can clean up under there because it hasn't been touched since God knows when.

It's really easy. I was nervous the first time I did it so I was very organized with keeping track of where every fastener went. The supercharger can be removed as one piece. Just plan ahead and disconnect the connectors underneath. The up/down ramp has a rod that is held on by a clip (if I remember right). Nothing difficult. I did not strip down the entire playfield - just the ramps. I also recommend cleaning the ball trough best you can.

#1516 3 years ago

You were right, a lot easier than I thought. I did find a thread with photos too so it was even easier. My diverter is now snappy again. It was gummed up with grease. Cleaned and working. Also took the time to clean the playfield. Plays faster again.

#1517 3 years ago

Yeah, piece of cake once you overcome the fear of messing it up and just dig in !

#1518 3 years ago

What is the proper way to screw in the siren cover? I don't see *any* screw holes in the wood. Can someone snap a pic or two to show?

thanks,
mof

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is the proper way to screw in the siren cover? I don't see *any* screw holes in the wood. Can someone snap a pic or two to show?
thanks,
mof

It's held in place with 2 metal tabs and screws 180 degrees from each other. Just go to the hardware store and get a couple.

#1520 3 years ago

Page 44 of the High Speed manual shows a good pic. You need part 11,12 and 13.

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Page 44 of the High Speed manual shows a good pic. You need part 11,12 and 13.

I have a High Speed -- so you mean I can just compare and mimic what's going on in HS ?

Ok, thanks for the suggestion:
I see what's required in the manual... Hmmm... I wonder about that bracket part #A-11053 -- Where would we get that piece?
-mof

parts_needed.png

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I wonder about that bracket part #A-11053 -- Where would we get that piece?

Hard to find part. Find someone parting a pin, or make your own part with an 8-32 screw and a rectangle piece of metal.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Hard to find part. Find someone parting a pin, or make your own part with an 8-32 screw and a rectangle piece of metal.

I almost choked on coffee coming out my nose... "Someone parting one out?" What kind of advice is this, Even baSket cases go to good homes.... But should you find one, I NEED THE WIRE HARNESS (Keep me in mind).

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is the proper way to screw in the siren cover?

I'm guessing my Getaway must be missing the siren?

Does anyone have a pic? Where is it supposed to be located?

Are you talking about the backbox beacon?

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Are you talking about the backbox beacon?

yes. just the red dome and light.
-mof

#1526 3 years ago

I know it doesn't happen often, but I have seen a few High Speeds parted over the years. There's someone on Ebay selling parts for one now. Email him and see you never know! As for the harness you will have to make one.

1 week later
#1527 3 years ago

I'm sure many of you have seen this but it's new to me. I thought it was a cool video on the machine including commentary from Steve Ritchie. Don't think it was posted in the thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&feature=related&v=LIJi0G_2VYA

#1528 3 years ago

My nice Diamondplate Getaway is up for sale. $2300. It's currently listed in the marketplace. Shoot me a PM if interested. Hopefully funding a RBION

IMG_8616.jpg

IMG_8612.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8619.jpg

#1529 3 years ago

In case anyone missed it...
ColorDMD has updated their firmware to version 3.1: (09/18/15) Corrected a power-up issue for some boards.
Get it here: http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

#1530 3 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the large influx of Getaways for sale the past 3 or 4 weeks?
I swear its gotta be at the top of some list because I'm seeing two somedays.

#1531 3 years ago

I bought mine about 2 months ago and I swear I have seen at least 20 go for sale since then. All of them more than I paid as well, although my cabinet has seen better days.

It is a popular and fun game that is very basic really so I can see why people would lose interest. At the same time, I don't see it because it really is a very fun pin! Another one of those "just one more" machines.

#1532 3 years ago

A few Flashers Stuck on and getting hot

Hello, one day I replaced all of my incandescent flasher bulbs with LED flasher bulbs. Once I turned the machine on I noticed at a few were always on and not flashing. One of them is the far left flasher in the Supercharger another is the one located under the supercharger ramp and I believe there was one in the left upper GI under the grass. When I removed them they were quite warmer then normal. I have since left the sockets empty and the game seems to be operating normally.

Does anybody have an idea of what went wrong, what to check with my meter and how to fix it?

While searching I found a few posts on bad transistors and board issues but that was on a different game. I'm just hoping I can find out what is exactly wrong and what the fix is because I can usually fix something, it's the diagnosis that have led me to call a mobile tech out to my house due to being stumped and the repair was a bit over my head that time.

Thanks

#1533 3 years ago

Bigdan, it does sound like bad transistors or something like that. I'm not good with that stuff. I would get a manual and start tracking the bad flashers back to the board. I would assume connectors, fuses, and wiring is good because they light. The thing that switches them on and off is busted.

#1534 3 years ago

First thing I'd check...make sure something hadn't found its' way into the sockets to cause a short.

After that, check the solenoids and pre-driver solenoids.

#1535 3 years ago

Anyone used the original High Speed traffic light (part #B-10999), or smaller model ones in their Getaways?

Why: Because I think the Getaway stop traffic light is TOO BIG and in a stupid location (the ball doesn't run under it), I think smaller traffic lights should be placed only at the left outer and inner loop entrances. So two (2) traffic light in total

Here the ball runs under all of these traffic lights and then the whole "run the red light thing" makes sense. Like in the original High Speed.

For that one person who painstakingly detailed their mountain mod to look like a real mountain (gorgeous!), guess what, you know have a dorky looking factory yellow BIG traffic light that makes the mountain look small.

Just ideas.

#1536 3 years ago

I have no experience with led flashers but.....
Afaik there is always voltages at the flasher sockets.
This voltage is not enough to light a incandescent lamp.
But it is enough to light an led.
So put the old lamps back in and see what happens.

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

A few Flashers Stuck on and getting hot

I had the exact same problem with mine. Same issue on the exact same flashers. It was a bad transistor.

#1538 3 years ago

Has anyone put mirror blades on their Getaway ? Any photos ? Do you find it really improves the look ?

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Anyone used the original High Speed traffic light (part #B-10999), or smaller model ones in their Getaways?
Why: Because I think the Getaway stop traffic light is TOO BIG and in a stupid location (the ball doesn't run under it), I think smaller traffic lights should be placed only at the left outer and inner loop entrances. So two (2) traffic light in total
Here the ball runs under all of these traffic lights and then the whole "run the red light thing" makes sense. Like in the original High Speed.
For that one person who painstakingly detailed their mountain mod to look like a real mountain (gorgeous!), guess what, you know have a dorky looking factory yellow BIG traffic light that makes the mountain look small.
Just ideas.

Totally agree. I'm working on something to replace the traffic light. I'll post some photos after I work out the details.

#1540 3 years ago

I agree and planed on moving the light.
I found a usb hub on eBay/Amazon that's shaped like a traffic light.
It's perfect but I haven't done anything with it.

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I had the exact same problem with mine. Same issue on the exact same flashers. It was a bad transistor.

Would you happen to know which one went bad and how to test it?

Here's a little more back story.

Back when I was doing the flasher swap I had a screw fall into a flasher socket (left side GI under bushes)and unknowingly installed the flasher bulb. When I turned the machine on the fuse blew and I went hunting and found the screw under the flasher bulb, replaced the fuse and now these 3 flashers are having this issue.

#1542 3 years ago

Toys are not to scale in pinball. That is just silly. The traffic light is fine. It's the main theme of the game and no bigger than normal inserts. Yellow is the right color and I don't know where else you would put it.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Toys are not to scale in pinball. That is just silly. The traffic light is fine. It's the main theme of the game and no bigger than normal inserts. Yellow is the right color and I don't know where else you would put it.

I think a light would've made sense somewhere along the back since it's dark as hell back there without adding LED strips.

#1544 3 years ago

I'm about to swap my Playfield in the next week or two and played a handful of games tonight. I have the leaf switch can flipper switches and I get temporary dead right flippers. I hit it once or twice and back to being normal. Nothing has changed and it has happened once or twice before while a friend played it he said.

No issues at all in the video mode which I played dozens of times during my games tonight. Being intermittent it's tricky so hoping someone (not that this is getaway specific) will point me to look for. I'd rather have this issue resolved before swapping Playfield.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a really nice mod I've come up with on my Getaway.
I really didn't like how the stoplight housing lit up when each of the lamps are lit.
I designed/machined some light barriers for the outside walls of the stoplight housing.
No more glowing stoplight housing !!!
I made these using 2mm black ABS sheet, (one side has a texture). These slide right in, and stay in place when assembled. No need for adhesives

Installed the stoplight housing mod today. Simple and very effective, and it was much easier than trying to cut something myself. I love it. And the pizza shop owner where the machine is routed admired it as well. Thanks, Tim!

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I have no experience with led flashers but.....
Afaik there is always voltages at the flasher sockets.
This voltage is not enough to light a incandescent lamp.
But it is enough to light an led.
So put the old lamps back in and see what happens.

Yup could be the warming resistors.

#1547 3 years ago

Having trouble with the color DMD (or more properly the 14-pin ribbon connector) in my Getaway. The ribbon connector keeps coming loose from the DMD controller board just enough that the DMD goes fuzzy. As soon as I push the connector all the way back in at the board the problem is solved, but it keeps coming loose nevertheless. Anyone have ideas on how to keep this from happening? The board itself is not loose nor are the header pins for the connector.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Installed the stoplight housing mod today. Simple and very effective, and it was much easier than trying to cut something myself. I love it. And the pizza shop owner where the machine is routed admired it as well. Thanks, Tim!

Thanks for the good word...

It really is a nice, cheap mod that really enhances the look of the playfield.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I have the leaf switch can flipper switches and I get temporary dead right flippers.

IIRC, this game REQUIRES upgraded leaf switches. Something like gold contacts.
Without them, the flippers can be intermittent.

Hopefullly someone will chime in with a link.

#1550 3 years ago

This is driving me nuts. As I've gotten better at playing the pin I can get three balls into donut heaven to start multi-ball consistently each game. The problem is the third ball never gets released staying on the second hook/sensor. So the machine keeps going and I have to remove the glass and manually push it out as it just stays there for some reason. This picture should help illustrate what I mean:

multiball.jpg

It only happens in the multi-ball and any other time there are balls locked the game releases them after the final ball drains without issue. What could be causing this only during multi-ball?

It's no longer fun to play when every time I get the donut heaven multi-ball I have to remove the glass to push the ball out otherwise the machine just sits there going through the solenoids trying to dislodge a ball.

How do I fix this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 399.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside