• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 277.
#1451 8 years ago

My HS2 (with color DMD and PF plastic protector) is routed in a small pizza shop and is earning well--consistently about $80 a month, split between me and the shop owner. One of the keys is that this title actually has the pizza shop staff, including the owner, playing it, whereas they didn't play the previous 5 machines that had been routed there. Very gratifying. A perfect title for a family-friendly pizza shop.

#1452 8 years ago

I'd be in for some black inserts if you do a run.

#1453 8 years ago

I've done a time-study on making the light block panels for the stoplight housing.

I'm doing my best to keep the cost down. After taking into account the material costs, shipping costs, and padded envelope cost, I can make these for $12/set, shipped continental USA.

If there is enough interest, I'll make this happen.

#1454 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've got material pricing already. Now I have to pattern the geometry in order to run multiple sets of these in one set-up.
Hope to provide pricing info tomorrow if people are interested.
The mod takes all of 5 minutes, max, to install...no gluing involved, (unless you want to).

I will take a set INDY. Just let me know when you have them ready. Thanks.
Chet

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a really nice mod I've come up with on my Getaway.
I really didn't like how the stoplight housing lit up when each of the lamps are lit.
I designed/machined some light barriers for the outside walls of the stoplight housing.
No more glowing stoplight housing !!!
I made these using 2mm black ABS sheet, (one side has a texture). These slide right in, and stay in place when assembled. No need for adhesives.
As you can see in the pic, I also installed the colored flex LEDs from comet. I wanted to put the light source a little closer to the stoplight inserts.
The last few pics were taken w/o flash to show there's no light seepage.

DSC_1960.jpg DSC_1961.jpg DSC_1962.jpg DSC_1964.jpg DSC_1965.jpg DSC_1966.jpg DSC_1967.jpg

Hey Indy, if ya make more I'll take one too.

#1456 8 years ago

Thanks Chet...

I'm going to give this a week or so to gauge interest.

The padded mailers alone will cost me approximately $40 per 100

I just want make sure there is enough interest before placing that order.

#1457 8 years ago

Thanks MustangPaul.

I'm planning on doing a batch of 50 sets. I'm not sure I'll sell that many, but that's my plan on the initial run.

#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Chet...
I'm going to give this a week or so to gauge interest.
The padded mailers alone will cost me approximately $40 per 100
I just want make sure there is enough interest before placing that order.

Are they more expensive at Staples? Try Walfart.

#1459 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've done a time-study on making the light block panels for the stoplight housing.
I'm doing my best to keep the cost down. After taking into account the material costs, shipping costs, and padded envelope cost, I can make these for $12/set, shipped continental USA.
If there is enough interest, I'll make this happen.

Pm sent for a set. Check ebay to see if you can get bulk padded envelopes a bit cheaper.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are they more expensive at Staples? Try Walfart.

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Pm sent for a set. Check ebay to see if you can get bulk padded envelopes a bit cheaper.

I buy my packaging supplies from uline.

They're probably about as cheap as anyone...It's just that I have to pay for shipping to have the envelopes shipped to me.

#1461 8 years ago

I'll take a set as well.

I had planned to eventually paint the insides, but I like your mod. Way less work and mess!!

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I buy my packaging supplies from uline.
They're probably about as cheap as anyone...It's just that I have to pay for shipping to have the envelopes shipped to me.

That's what I thought, better check ebay. What size are they?

#1463 8 years ago

I just found 50, 4x8" bubble padded mailers for $6.34 with free shipping on ebay. So if you bought 100 it would be $12.68 and free shipping. Your getting taken if you buy from uline and you could drop the price a buck or two.

#1464 8 years ago

Ebay is a little cheaper.

#1465 8 years ago

Let's go with a $11 price...shipped, continental US

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Let's go with a $11 price...shipped, continental US

How about $5.

#1467 8 years ago

Hey Indy, would you be willing to ship to Canada for a little more money?

#1468 8 years ago

Great idea, indy. Put me down for one if $11. I have bright leds in mine and it really lights up. I thought about painting the inside black but this is a better idea. Like slim said, less work and less chance to mess things up. Looks kinda stock as well.

#1469 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey Indy, would you be willing to ship to Canada for a little more money?

Yes, I'll gladly ship to Canada.

I've shipped my pinball mods/PF plastic protectors all over the world.

#1470 8 years ago

I'll take one and you can save an envelope.

#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'll take one and you can save an envelope.

You might be interested in this mod too....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lighted-moes-sign-for-tspp-available

#1472 8 years ago

I'll be posted an official for sale ad on pinside tomorrow.

I won't be able to ship the 1st orders until my shipping envelopes arrive.

After the 1st orders, I'll ship all following orders one day a week....(I really hate running to the post office on each individual order).

#1473 8 years ago

I'll take a set also.

#1474 8 years ago

Great thread! I've owned my Getaway for quite a few years. John Ross, Pinball Plus, turned me on to them. Mine's running L5. I was a police officer (retired last year with almost 30 years on the street) so had plenty of high speed chases over the years. I also was an EVOC (emergency vehicle operator course) instructor for many years. So the Getaway was a natural for me. I like the flasher mod on the top of the back box some of you guys have done. When I got mine one of the first mods was to add a lightbar up there. I bought a Federal Steethawk bar from the cities used equipment store. I didn't want to remove the beacon because I don't like to mess with the originality too much. So I just set my bar across the Getaway over onto the Black Knight 2000 next door. I put a set of lugs on the lower back of the light bar wired into the positive and neutral of the light bar. I got a Sears rolling big amp battery charger parked next to the BK2K. Clamp the cables onto the studs. Set the charger on like 50 amp hold. Then, I made a electrical box with a receptacle/outlet on it. Inside is a 12volt dc relay. A heavy duty extension cord powers this box, plugged into the wall. Now, the beacon runs on like 18 volt a/c? So I tapped into that and wired in a bridge rectifier to convert to roughly 12 volt d/c. Then I put a two conductor common speaker connector on the outside of the top box. So, when the beacon comes on you see 12 volts d/c on these two connectors. I used a piece of speaker wire to connect to the electrical box with the receptacle. That 12 volts causes the relay to pull in and energize the 120 volt receptacle, thereby powering up the rolling battery charger, lighting up the light bar. It's worked great for many years. I also put a manual light switch in the relay box so the kids can turn on the light bar just by hitting the switch if they want. I really like it when it comes on. The halogen bulbs I think are better in this application than a LED light bar like all the squads have now. I've stood around lots of squads with the LED bars going and they are just too darn bright and annoying for a game room application like this. Now, let's see if I can get some pictures to post here.

2015-10-07_12.40.15.jpg2015-10-07_12.40.15.jpg

2015-10-07_12.44.57.jpg2015-10-07_12.44.57.jpg

2015-10-08_16.16.13.jpg2015-10-08_16.16.13.jpg

2015-10-08_16.16.35.jpg2015-10-08_16.16.35.jpg

2015-10-08_16.16.47.jpg2015-10-08_16.16.47.jpg

#1475 8 years ago
#1476 8 years ago

Here's a video of the light bar running:

#1477 8 years ago

MustangPaul, I really like all the LED mods you've done. I'm not capable of doing much in the wiring department. I might just buy the Cointaker kit. Is their non-ghosting premium kit the best one to get? I'd love to do that supercharger red led strip you did, and the red leg light up too. Maybe I could convince you to come over and at least get me started on mine? I've got plenty of beer in the fridge.

#1478 8 years ago

I did the battery re-locate off the board. I also had John install a computer power supply to power the boards. He says it's much more stable power than the transformer. I've had him do this to all my machines.

2015-10-08_14.17.56.jpg2015-10-08_14.17.56.jpg

#1479 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Daaaaaam, that's about as real as you can get! Awesome!
Cheers

#1480 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

» YouTube video

CRAP... now THAT'S intense.

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

MustangPaul, I really like all the LED mods you've done. I'm not capable of doing much in the wiring department. I might just buy the Cointaker kit. Is their non-ghosting premium kit the best one to get? I'd love to do that supercharger red led strip you did, and the red leg light up too. Maybe I could convince you to come over and at least get me started on mine? I've got plenty of beer in the fridge.

Hi Bob, were you a St Paul cop? I got a better idea, why don't you come over to my place and you can see how the leg lights look in real life and you can see how they are made. You may get some other ideas too. Are you free anytime this weekend? Oh and don't forget the beer. PM me.

#1482 8 years ago

I'm pretty surprised nobody else (at least on this thread, which is clearly the premium Getaway thread ever) has done this. The light bar was like $75. The plastic was pretty pitted from use but a good afternoon of Novus work cleaned them up real nice. The battery charger was about $150 (long time ago so just guessing here) but it's a good battery charger to so can easily be used when the car battery goes dead (so the spouse can't complain that you're spending all the money on pinball, this is clearly for the car to keep running).

#1483 8 years ago

Yes Paul, worked the street in St. Paul. There are several cops that I've turned on to pinball and own machines. John made a custom Getaway for a State Trooper. I've never played it but it looked pretty cool during construction. I'd love to come over and see your Getaway. I'm in Mac-Groveland neighborhood. Going camping this weekend though. Maybe sometime next week? I'll p/m you my number. I have a T2, Star Trek-Next Gen, and Corvette too in case you wanted to play those.

#1484 8 years ago

Cool a St Paul cop, I have a BIG surprise for you then....don't worry it's a good one. John does all the stuff I can't handle, he's good. I live by Dale and Wheelock.

#1485 8 years ago

Cool. I hope I didn't tag you. I worked that area. Buddy of my son lives right there on the south side of the park, Cottage?

#1486 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Cool. I hope I didn't tag you. I worked that area. Buddy of my son lives right there on the south side of the park, Cottage?

We have LOTS to talk about. So bring LOTS of beer.

#1487 8 years ago

Oh oh, I better bring friends (back-up)?

#1488 8 years ago

I was suddenly having a problem that it seems like a few Getaway owners have been having. When i plunged the ball it wouldnt make it around the loop. I checked alignment which was fine, checked the mech and coil, again all good. Then i realized that what was happening was that when the ball went up into the beginning of the upper loop, It was bouncing just a tad, off of the rubber on the double star post which was killing the momentum. I loosened the 2 screws on the right shooter lane ball rail and pulled it to the left as much as i could and then screwed it back down. Then i loosed the star post and pushed it over just a bit and again tightened it back down and voila!! problem solved. If your having the same problem, just check the ball path first before you mess around with anything else.

#1489 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'll be posted an official for sale ad on pinside tomorrow.
I won't be able to ship the 1st orders until my shipping envelopes arrive.
After the 1st orders, I'll ship all following orders one day a week....(I really hate running to the post office on each individual order).

Are you coming to Expo? Bring some there to purchase, no envelopes needed!

#1490 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Oh oh, I better bring friends (back-up)?

Sure, bring some other pinball people.

#1491 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes, I'll gladly ship to Canada.

I've shipped my pinball mods/PF plastic protectors all over the world.

Great. Im in !!

#1492 8 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

» YouTube video

holy sheep shit, that's crazy !

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

holy sheep shit, that's crazy !

Haha, thanks. The neighbors said it's cool at night when they see the lights all spinning and flashing through the basement windows.

#1494 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Are you coming to Expo? Bring some there to purchase, no envelopes needed!

I'm not going to Expo this year.

#1495 8 years ago

I've posted my stoplight housing mod on the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-getaway-stoplight-mod-now-available

#1496 8 years ago

My Getaway shop job is complete....

Dsc_1991.jpgDsc_1991.jpg

Dsc_1992.jpgDsc_1992.jpg

DSC_1993.jpgDSC_1993.jpg

DSC_1994.jpgDSC_1994.jpg

DSC_1995.jpgDSC_1995.jpg

DSC_1996.jpgDSC_1996.jpg

DSC_1997.jpgDSC_1997.jpg

DSC_1998.jpgDSC_1998.jpg

#1497 8 years ago

A few more...

DSC_2000.jpgDSC_2000.jpg

DSC_2001.jpgDSC_2001.jpg

DSC_2002.jpgDSC_2002.jpg

DSC_2003.jpgDSC_2003.jpg

#1498 8 years ago

Looks awesome! Especially the ramp entrance light and the blue post rubbers. Also like your mountain paintjob
Cheers

#1499 8 years ago

Thanks Ben

#1500 8 years ago

Looks great, and I like the inspection sticker

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Trade
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.