• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 277.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

For a part like that, use acrylic.
Robert

I've always liked the look of Lexan, harder to work with but crystal clear. I'll have to check out sheet acrylic and see how clear that is compared to Lexan.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I've always liked the look of Lexan, harder to work with but crystal clear.

Acrylic (polyacrylate) is crystal clear, easy to work with and a lot cheaper than lexan (polycarbonate), though not as strong.

So in locations that have a lot of ball hits, Lexan is better, but in locations with that are not in prime impact areas, acrylic is great.

As far as I know, acrylic doesn't yellow any easier than polycarbonate; and perhaps not as fast.

Robert

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Upgraded from L1 to L2 last nite. Unplug the machine to be safe, pull the batteries, replace the chip and that's it. Set new time and date on the menu and customize your setting ( free play, 3 or 5 balls) etc..........

You don't need to pull the batteries. The game is going to factory reset itself anyway because the checksums are different in different revisions of ROMS and leaving the batteries in while you swap ROMs will not cause any problems.

#104 10 years ago

Might as well jump on the wagon as well.

Here is mine with some of the usual mods: Donut Heaven, proto mountain and LED. I also added LED to the flipper buttons as well. As for the mountain plastic, I prefer the graphic version vs having it clear (tried a clear piece) - I however cut the play field plastic that is now hidden by the mountain to allow light up to the plastic illuminating it to shed some light in the dark area. I also added a spot light to shine on the mountain that I mounted to the super charger.

IMG_0429 [800x600].JPGIMG_0429 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0431 [800x600].JPGIMG_0431 [800x600].JPG

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I however cut the play field plastic that is now hidden by the mountain to allow light up to the plastic illuminating it to shed some light in the dark area.

LJ, what you did gave me an inspiration to remove the plastic under my mountain as well. I figured if the game would have come with a mountain (as intended), that piece of plastic would not have been there, anyway. I took the whole piece out and made a new finger in front of the base of the mountain from Lexan. Colored it with a brown paint pen marker--looks like a piece of the mountain, more or less. Result was a lot more light coming thru the mountain top (as you noted), and now I can get washers under the mounting nuts--which there was not room for prior to removing the plastic. That always bothered me having a nut semi-tightened to thin plastic without a washer...
IMG_0498.JPGIMG_0498.JPGIMG_0493.JPGIMG_0493.JPG

#106 10 years ago

Probably the greatest pinball machine ever designed.

The "early-DMD" of the game is great nostalgia. However, I would like to have seen two improvements. The DMD a bit more polished. The Redline mania having a bit more to offer than just a multiball with higher JPs.

#107 10 years ago

I once heard ab a High Speed 2 with a one off translite where the girl is bent over the car getting stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey.

#108 10 years ago

Some pics of mine. Lots of chrome. Even had supercharger ramp chromed by Mike Chestnut.

image-883.jpgimage-883.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-174.jpgimage-174.jpg image-576.jpgimage-576.jpg image-409.jpgimage-409.jpg
#109 10 years ago

Damn!! Thats awesome!

#110 10 years ago

Thanks dude. Took a long time and a lot of cash. Really like all the chrome. Mike did the apron also. Love this game.

#111 10 years ago

I own two of these games and it seems both of mine have issues with the Playfield Slide Assembly. It seems I always have to prop the thing up and it drives me nuts on BOTH of them.

Were these defective on this game? Does anyone else have this issue? It seems my late W/B games don't have this issue.

#112 10 years ago

Currently looking for the blue flasher mod... any ideas? Plug and play or DIY instructions would be awesome.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Currently looking for the blue flasher mod... any ideas? Plug and play or DIY instructions would be awesome.

I got mine from black_rose. He had a thread on here somewhere.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

I own two of these games and it seems both of mine have issues with the Playfield Slide Assembly. It seems I always have to prop the thing up and it drives me nuts on BOTH of them.
Were these defective on this game? Does anyone else have this issue? It seems my late W/B games don't have this issue.

Mine is very tricky to get onto the posts. Slide a little, lift up the playfield and pull upwards hard to get it onto the hinge posts. Seems like something was designed just a little off on this game for some reason.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I got mine from black_rose. He had a thread on here somewhere.

I pm'ed a few months ago but outlook may not be good. Looking at alternate solutions if that falls through.

#116 10 years ago

My Getaway currently suffers a defunct diverter. Which is quite interesting as it make the game harder. During MB you cannot "park" the balls in the supercharger. They return to you right away.

The game senses the missing diverter and credit the 10 supercharger loops on a ramps shot.

Althrough the game seems to carrie on, I have experienced a couple of weird things.

There seems to be an error relating the scoring where the game awards too many points. I have not been able to source the circumstances to much detail. Although I believe it is related to the multiball. Or it might be the Secret mania that spooks again.

Secondly. Starting Redline mania I now have the ball in play while the game is presenting the mode. If that ball drains before the others are plunged one of two things will happen. Either end-of-ball. Or end of Redline mania with two balls in regular non-mode play.

I have L-5 installed.

#117 10 years ago

I'm not sure this will solve any of your issues, but I switched from L-5 to L-2 and like that a little better. It might be worth the switch just to get the Run the Red Light animation, anyway.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yea, I messaged BR about buying from him as well and no answer. But a search of eBay turned up this (old link): ebay.com link: 2 x 22 LED Set Car LightFlash Flashing Modes Strobe Emergency Grill Light blue

But I had to buy 2 sets though to get 2 blues - same setup that BR was selling. I just spliced into the power for the beacon to run these. I opened the box and also soldered across the mode button that I wanted as I didn't want to use the 'tie wrap' method - while it was apart I noticed that the power is rectified so even though the beacon power is AC power no worries.

#119 10 years ago

One cool difference on L5 no one has mentioned or knows, is that you can add additional time to the 4th gear Supercharger mode. While in 4th gear Supercharger mode, every shot to the Supercharger will add time to the countdown timer. 1st shot will add 3 seconds, 2nd shot will add 2 seconds, and the 3rd shot will add 1 second.

#120 10 years ago

So what is the general consensus about the "Best" ROM version?

-Al-

#121 10 years ago

They are all buggy as hell but L-2 seems to be the most stable one of the bunch. I switched from L-5 to L-2 on mine years ago.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I opened the box and also soldered across the mode button

Would you have a picture of this. I bought some off Amazon and would like to do the same, until B_R sends me a set.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Yea, I messaged BR about buying from him as well and no answer. But a search of eBay turned up this (old link): ebay.com link » 2 X 22 Led Set Car Lightflash Flashing Modes Strobe Emergency Grill Light Blue
But I had to buy 2 sets though to get 2 blues - same setup that BR was selling. I just spliced into the power for the beacon to run these. I opened the box and also soldered across the mode button that I wanted as I didn't want to use the 'tie wrap' method - while it was apart I noticed that the power is rectified so even though the beacon power is AC power no worries.

I'll provide free burgers and Shasta if we can get a quick mini-tutorial... maybe with some pictures? Thanks for the ebay link!

#124 10 years ago

Own it, it was my second pin and it is staying for a long time. Simple and not deep at all, but just plain, old fun!

Still remember my 8 year old son and I both freaking out when I hit the Super Jackpot for the first time. Oh man that was a thumping rush! Can't wait to hit it again....and again.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Would you have a picture of this. I bought some off Amazon and would like to do the same, until B_R sends me a set.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll provide free burgers and Shasta if we can get a quick mini-tutorial... maybe with some pictures? Thanks for the ebay link!

I will write something up tonight with some pictures of the power connection connection and mod to the inside of the box.

#126 10 years ago

^^ You...are...the man!

#127 10 years ago

Flasher mod.

First I just wanted to say that I have no idea who came up with this mod in the first place and what I am about to show was inspired by Black_Rose and is based on what he had previously posted.

[edit] - credit goes to KoolMoeCraig for coming up with this mod - thanks for the idea.

The purpose of this is to add blue LED flashers to the cabinet, I added mine to the top. The wires for the lights feed into the back box via the grills on the back.

IMG_0435 [800x600]-407.JPGIMG_0435 [800x600]-407.JPG

Module prepped. I wanted to use some Molex connectors vs. just splicing in the power so I crimped on some pins. Male 0.093 pins at the y (red circle) and female pins at the other ends. The tie wrap was part of Black Rose's documentation for selecting which mode you wanted displayed (I wanted A flash 3 times one side and then 3 times opposite side and repeat). I later decided to modify the module to eliminate the tie wrap as IMHO it didn't look very nice. The unit has no memory, so the switch has to always be pressed so that your selected mode is active when power is applied.

IMG_0438 [800x600].JPGIMG_0438 [800x600].JPG

To modify the module, all I did was basically short out the A switch inside. Bottom cover removed. The 2 pins that are circled are where the switch closes the circuit on the board to select A mode (screw driver points to the A button).

IMG_0440a [800x600]-352.jpgIMG_0440a [800x600]-352.jpg

I just added enough solder to bridge the pins that are circled above.

IMG_0441a.jpgIMG_0441a.jpg

Here is where I screwed the module in the back box. BTW the wires for the lamps on top I have passing through the grill - they will not fit as is, I removed the pins from the housing (paid attention to which one went where just in case) and passed the wires through and then reinserted the pins back into the housing.

IMG_0432 [800x600]-10.JPGIMG_0432 [800x600]-10.JPG

The power was taken from the beacon supplied power (which is AC, but the module has a rectifier inside to convert it to DC so all is good). Here is a close up of how I have the power hooked up. Basically I picked up some 0.093 Molex connectors and pins to make it look 'neat'. Basically unplugged the Beacon from the resistor board and inserted the module.

IMG_0433a.jpgIMG_0433a.jpg

Basically, the blue LED lights flash any time the beacon is on.

#128 10 years ago

Another mod I did was to add LED's to the flipper buttons. Just got some 90° 44 sockets along with some 44 red flex LED's. Positioned the sockets with the bulb installed so I can get the proper position without them causing any interference and screwed them into the side of the cabinet.

I removed the connectors from the lamp power from the start switch, crimped some spade connectors on some wire for the flipper button LED's and connected them all together. The flipper LED's are wired in parallel with the start button so they light when the start buttons does. Wire was run for the right flipper over top the coin door opening and tie wrapped out of the way.

IMG_0437 [800x600].JPGIMG_0437 [800x600].JPG

#129 10 years ago

Thanks for a great writeup! Picking up my Getaway soon and I'll attempt this first thing.

#130 10 years ago

Used supercharger ramp for sale if none needs.image.jpgimage.jpg

#131 10 years ago

How much?

#132 10 years ago

Here is a picture of the solder points that you will need to short out for the different modes (mark A B C) - only short one out at any time (I don't think it will cause a problem, just no ideal what the result would be). I would suggest trying each mode first and see which one you like.

194380-i.jpg194380-i.jpg

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Here is a picture of the solder points

Thanks, Will try.

#134 10 years ago

Looking to join but need one first. Anyone have one for sale within 4-5 hours for pick up of 55117? Thanks.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

So what is the general consensus about the "Best" ROM version?

I have been using L-3 for about a year now and like it.

Robert

#136 10 years ago

I just purchased the flashers through ebay. I didn't see any blue, so I went with red/white/blue so it would look police-y. We'll see how it goes...

#137 10 years ago

20.00 shipped

#138 10 years ago

I'll take it if you still have?

#139 10 years ago

Have had some questions about my stoplight so I will try to post a vid. They do not light up in sync with game. Found on eBay or yard sales. They are toy or replica. Plastic.

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'll take it if you still have?

Sorry ninja someone grabbed before you.

#140 10 years ago

Video won't load. Wtf.

#141 10 years ago

Anybody wants the flasher mod let me know. Pay for shipping and you can have it for free. It came on my game and I am not a fan. I work a lot so know that it might be a week or two before I get to drop it into the mail. First to PM wins.

#142 10 years ago

pm sent. Did I win?

#143 10 years ago

Mudflaps is the winner. I will try to get them uninstalled over the weekend and try to get it to USPS as soon as possible.

#144 10 years ago

Winna winna chicken dinna!

Thanks bud for the really nice deal. I'll pay shipping ASAP when I hear back.

#145 10 years ago

I'm in!

Going to do some work on my Getaway very soon. Got the mountain, key starter and Donut Heaven lying around. Other than that I plan to Powdercoat the legs, lockdown bar, siderails, and hinges. Oh, and I plan to make one of those big traffic light mods. Lots of work to do, but it's going to be great!

#146 10 years ago

Mountain and key mod came in today. Just waiting for HS2, which was finally picked up in Boston today.

MountandKey.jpgMountandKey.jpg

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Going to do some work on my Getaway very soon. Got the mountain, key starter and Donut Heaven lying around. Other than that I plan to Powdercoat the legs, lockdown bar, siderails, and hinges. Oh, and I plan to make one of those big traffic light mods. Lots of work to do, but it's going to be great!

Very nice. what color you plan to use on your powdercoat for legs, rails,hinges, lockdown bar if I may ask?

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Very nice. what color you plan to use on your powdercoat for legs, rails,hinges, lockdown bar if I may ask?

Red I made a thread about it too!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-hs2-red-powder-coat

Two people have posted pictures too in there. Im thinking Ill go and do the lockdownbar, legs, hinges, rails and the ramps too, basically like the 2nd picture poster. I think the 1st is cool too, but a little too much red for my taste

#149 10 years ago

I think the red looks good, especially with the cabinet colors on Getaway.

#150 10 years ago

Hi Guys - first post on pinside to join the HS2 club. So G'day from the most isolated city in the world. This was my first pinball - and as probably some of you can relate to, was an absolute beater. Being new to the hobby I got shafted as well on price by some dodgy operators. I could have conceded, and maybe hated the hobby, but instead I have turned a negative into a positive, and 10 pins later, this is now the pride of my collection.

Here is mine finished today. Restored & ceramic clear coated playfield. Totally rebuilt, re decaled and clear coated cabinet. Custom red pearl trim (thought the door would be a bit much), alternate back glass, cointaker LED's throughout. New plastics, red metallic flipper bats and flipper buttons, Flipper Fidelity complete kit. Many, many brand new parts, I could go on and on - could have had me a Medieval Madness for the cost !!! Supercharger black pearl, with violet flick. I have red, orange and silver metallic flames still to add to this. Have some custom decals for apron & supercharger still coming.P1010613.JPGP1010613.JPGP1010614.JPGP1010614.JPGP1010615.JPGP1010615.JPGP1010616.JPGP1010616.JPGP1010617.JPGP1010617.JPG59647-2.jpg59647-2.jpg59647-3.jpg59647-3.jpg59647-4.jpg59647-4.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.