• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

301 posts in this topic match your search for posts by grinder901. You are on page 2 of 2.
#4463 7 years ago

I disconnected the upper left ribbon and the lights all came on but no DMD. Playfield lights were working for a while until finally locking up.

I then removed both upper ribbons and again eventually the GI locked up.

IMG_9009 (resized).JPGIMG_9009 (resized).JPG

IMG_9008 (resized).JPGIMG_9008 (resized).JPG

#4465 7 years ago

I'll check all the fuses later today

I would love for it to be something as simple as an old ribbon needing replacement. Does Marco supply an entire ribbon kit for the game? Most if it all of these ribbons are prob original and could use a replacing

#4468 7 years ago

Man I wish we could post videos on here. I'll try to load a few videos on YouTube.

With all the ribbons connected the game usually boots up with everything (display and all playfield lights) working but eventually, the display freezes and so do the playfield lights.

#4469 7 years ago

Some YouTube videos

#4471 7 years ago

Thanks for trying buddy. Here's one last video:

#4474 7 years ago

Thanks so much for everyone's helpful ideas. I plugged it into a different outlet with no change.

Which ribbon set do I need? Are these enough ribbons to replace all the ones connecting all these boards?

IMG_9014 (resized).PNGIMG_9014 (resized).PNG

#4475 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

BTW: That's not attract mode so that should not be the issue either but thinking about this some more it still could be related the WPC Dot Matrix High Voltage Board and failing parts, having said that... do you have another Rom you could install to see if it's Rom related?

Man it seems like it could be anything! Ugh. No sir, I don't have another Rom.

#4478 7 years ago

Ok I ordered them, I'm not in front of my game but I swear there are more than four ribbons connecting all the boards but if this Marco set is all I need, I'll gladly swap all the ribbons and see if it helps.

#4479 7 years ago

Here's a video showing the leds both before and after the game locks up. It's a long video so just scroll to around the 1:30 or 1:40 mark to see it change

#4493 7 years ago

Ok bud, I'll try that.

Quoted from GRUMPY:It looks like your losing power to the CPU board, I would remove the CPU board and check the header pins of J-210 for cracked solder joints as it maybe losing power as the board heats up.

Ok thanks for the suggestion. Maybe my tech bud can help me check the header pins.

#4509 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you ever figure this out? I don't have much to offer, and while probably not the issue, didn't you rewire the power supply recently? Are you positive all of the connections are still good and nothing came loose?

I bought a complete ribbon set. It should arrive soon so we'll see if that helps.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, if anyone needs internal parts for the SusoHapp shifter here's the part numbers. Ryan I sent you a full email.

Thanks Paul. I haven't got it yet but I'll keep a look out.

#4513 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not to be discouraging, but I have a hard time believing ribbon cable would just go bad if you had not been messing with it. Been in PC business since the 80's, and can't remember ever having a ribbon cable go bad that wasn't DOA or jacked from mishandling. However, I also don't recall ever having to work with 25 year old cables either, so I suppose it is possible they decayed.

Thanks for your thoughts bud. Knowing my luck, it's not as simple as a ribbon gone bad.

Quoted from Mancave:

Did you check over the header pins on J210 like Grumpy suggested. I reviewed the comments i made and realised i mentioned the small ribbon cable being the CPU power connector which of course it isn't. If the new ribbon cable set doesn't fix the issue it's not a waste of money. Those cables DO go bad over time and a lot of machines still have the originals in place. On my recent JD project i had to replace half of the RC's as the originals were stuffed. Before the new set turns up, try disconnecting ALL ribbon cables to the CPU and power up. If it still does the same thing then it quite likely is J210 cause if it was a chip issue i don't think it would boot initially, it would just sit and tater (As in act like a spud and do bugger all ) (Another one for you MP )

I'll check the header pins tomorrow if I have time. Thanks bud

#4514 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope I sent it to the right address.

You didn't use Pinside mail? I'm PM you.

#4517 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You know with that shifter lever in the down position all the time that causes one of the 2 switches inside to be on all the time. That can't be good for the game.

Oh it's not down all the time. It rests in neutral but if it's in down, its weight makes it want to stay down unless I manually put it back into neutral

#4530 7 years ago

Holy shit guys. So the ribbons came in today. Before I swapped them all I decided to look at J210 again like y'all said. I noticed this device that I bought the I think is supposed to help with resets:

IMG_9080 (resized).JPGIMG_9080 (resized).JPG
IMG_9076 (resized).JPGIMG_9076 (resized).JPG
IMG_9078 (resized).JPGIMG_9078 (resized).JPG
IMG_9081 (resized).JPGIMG_9081 (resized).JPG
IMG_9082 (resized).JPGIMG_9082 (resized).JPG
IMG_9083 (resized).JPGIMG_9083 (resized).JPG

Well I took it off and inserted the connector on the J210 pin. I booted her up and no freezing!!!! I played a dozen games and no freezing!!!

Anyone have a clue why this piece of tech was totally messing my Getaway up?

Ok so that looks promising. So I thought well what the hell, I'll just go ahead and replace the ribbons since I bought them.

I replaced each one making sure the red line was identical on the new ribbons. I boots her up and shit, the DMD was scrambled, the speakers began to hum, only the speaker lights and the mini DMD were powered. Oh shit I said. I just had to fuck with it. So I replaced the new ribbons for the old one and the game boots up and plays wonderfully.

One of these four ribbons is not like the other three. Maybe Marco sent me the wrong long one? That connector is in black while the rest are beige.

IMG_9079 (resized).JPGIMG_9079 (resized).JPG
IMG_9084 (resized).JPGIMG_9084 (resized).JPG
IMG_9085 (resized).JPGIMG_9085 (resized).JPG

#4538 7 years ago

Ok so now that I solved the freezing issue, I still have this weak or dead lower right flipper. Sometimes it'll act right. Sometimes it's weak. And he'll, sometimes it's completely dead. I can press the right button and only the upper flipper responds, the lowerone just sits there like dead weight.

Any ideas? I've included a bunch of photos.

IMG_9088 (resized).JPGIMG_9088 (resized).JPG

IMG_9089 (resized).JPGIMG_9089 (resized).JPG

IMG_9090 (resized).JPGIMG_9090 (resized).JPG

IMG_9091 (resized).JPGIMG_9091 (resized).JPG

IMG_9092 (resized).JPGIMG_9092 (resized).JPG

IMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9093 (resized).JPG

IMG_9087 (resized).JPGIMG_9087 (resized).JPG

IMG_9095 (resized).JPGIMG_9095 (resized).JPG

IMG_9096 (resized).JPGIMG_9096 (resized).JPG

#4541 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Grinder, I am by far and away not the expert on this subject but hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in. But to me it looks like those solder connections are pretty weak. I would consider cleaning them up but by cutting and retinning and making those three on the coil fresh again. And also while the solder gun is out, reflow solder on those other board connections. Could be cold solder joints. Looks like someone has been in there one other time and made sloppy connections. Again I'm no expert but I reflow a lighting board pin on an intermittent lamp issue and it works now.

I'll try and throw more solder on there.

Quoted from GRUMPY:

You have the wrong cabinet switch in there. They need to be gold plated low current switches.

Wow no kidding. I bought new flipper rebuild kits but maybe I bought the wrong type. Can you link me to a set that I need?

It's weird though that the left flipper and upper flipper seem to be fine. Is it because the right flipper is tied to two flippers?

#4543 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Grinder, I am so ashamed at your flipper assemblies. Have to take the time and clean up the bottom just like you chromed everything on the top. This is what your flipper assemblies should look like.
These were just rebuilt for my most recent HS2.

Well in my defense, I didn't do them. A local bud who put the new decals on did them along with other repairs like replacing all target foam while he had it in his shop.

#4547 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just busting your chops since I know how you like your games so perfect. Going through all the coils and assemblies doesn't take long, and they look so nice with the correct coil wrappers and colors. I print out my own.

Well yours does look pretty clean.

#4560 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The board is from rkahr and is used to bypass problems with your game's 5V supply - which if it dips at all, the MPU will reset itself to avoid getting locked up. It works by generating a new clean 5V from a regulator powered by your game's 12V supply. That said, it can only work if your game's 12V supply is good. They aren't 'shit' - but they serve a purpose to give people more reliable play before they need to repair their power driver board. It's a bypass.. your original problem still persists. Maybe Rob can chime in on what's expected when the regulator looses input power. I'm suprised the watchdog isn't kicking in and resetting the game.. which probably means power is dropping and staying down. Clearly you've got lots of different things in that game pulling on your 12V supply too (LED speakers, ColorDMD, etc). You probably have a problem on the 12V system or the MPU board itself or those power connectors.
The board was put in there because the game was probably resetting before.. which means your Power Driver Board or path into the MPU has issues. The stuff you are loading onto it are probably dragging it down even more.
You gotta start troubleshooting by checking the actual voltages and not just shotgunning.

No,I bought the board when I bought the game. It wasn't purchased by a previous owner. I bought the board along with a ton of other things for it like mods and the battery NVRAM replacement. I didn't have any reset issues when I played it many times before I got around to putting on the board.

Now that the board is off, it hasn't locked up again.

#4563 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then u busted it or like I said... have other issues with the 12v side. A working version of the board won't bring down a game with good 12v
It's possible your 5v is good, but 12v is struggling.

How would I test to make sure the 12V isn't struggling?

What's your opinion on this weak or sometimes dead right lower flipper? The fuses in the upper left board all checkmok with a continuity tester. Could it be a bad coil or bad connection?

#4566 7 years ago

All great suggestions and will work on it some tonight and the coming days.

#4567 7 years ago

Hell yes. Not only has it not locked up a single time but I think my tech bud and I have solved the right flipper issue.

We tested the coils and switches. They tested fine and everything moved freely as it should without obstructions or restrictions. I moved the flipper button switched a little lower than they were just in case of anything touching.

The real issue I think was some corrosion on the fuse for J904 (Lower right flipper)

Once I removed the fuse and replaced it, BOOM, flipper kicking ass and taking names a gain. The fuses all seem to have various degrees of corrosion or issues so even if no problems are present after this one replacement, I'm going to replace them all.

But man, it's playing like it should without errors or issues and it's about damn time.

IMG_9150 (resized).JPGIMG_9150 (resized).JPG

IMG_9149 (resized).JPGIMG_9149 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4655 7 years ago

I had a very similar issue with my back ramp clicking.

Upon close examination, the wrong pin was being used on the ramp. A previous owner used a pin that should have been used for pop bumpers. Once the proper pin was put in the place, the clicking stopped.

#4703 7 years ago

Aren't there three different animations for each ball being locked? How would it look to have the art from the DMD displayed in a comic book block style on a decal to go on the cover?

My game came with a Donut Heaven mod and I don't appear to have that cover. Where can I find one?

#4718 7 years ago

Ok so again, where does one find the original cover for the ball lock?

It prob wouldnt look good because of space issues but if the ball lock cover showed an image for each ball, I think it would look good. Having a donut shop as the ball lock looks good but doesn't make much sense as it's only the second ball being locked that has our driver doing a drive by of the donut shop.

IMG_9430 (resized).PNGIMG_9430 (resized).PNG

IMG_9431 (resized).PNGIMG_9431 (resized).PNG

IMG_9432 (resized).PNGIMG_9432 (resized).PNG

#4725 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Myself and other pinsiders that went with Mezel mods donut heaven might have the original bent metal you're looking for.

I'd take one off your hands if you wanted a few bucks for it

1 week later
#4868 7 years ago

Thank you so much for doing this for me Tantrum.

Now I have an option on what to use to cover the locks. I really like it.

IMG_9611 (resized).JPGIMG_9611 (resized).JPG

IMG_9615 (resized).JPGIMG_9615 (resized).JPG

IMG_9618 (resized).JPGIMG_9618 (resized).JPG

#4977 7 years ago

I honestly love the blue flashers added to the red beacon as the topper. During multiball, it's so bad ass with the beacon and flasher going off.

IMG_9529 (resized).JPGIMG_9529 (resized).JPG

#5028 7 years ago

Here's my ride:

IMG_7815 (resized).JPGIMG_7815 (resized).JPG

IMG_7816 (resized).JPGIMG_7816 (resized).JPG

IMG_7817 (resized).JPGIMG_7817 (resized).JPG

#5030 7 years ago

Sometimes you're the hunted and sometimes you're the hunter.

#5033 7 years ago

Haha I def stay the hell out of Donut (Doughnut?) shops when in uniform. Nothing worse than a cliche come to life and I try to avoid them altogether in life because I don't want to be one of those sad, waddling, obese officers whose duty belt struggles to stay up. But once in a while I say screw it, the Bavarian cream filled are my favorite.

And in ten years I may have given out three or four speeding tickets, maybe. Hell, I speed. We all speed. Just don't drive crazy/reckless or 30 miles over and we're good. I've got real criminals to try and catch. At most, I'll stop you, say slow it down and make sure your license is valid, you have insurance proof, don't have any warrants or illegal items/substances in the car.

#5038 7 years ago

Thanks guys. My pleasure and honor. Just trying to help people and make the community a better place.

I've driven many patrol cars in my 10 years. I've driven an Impala, Charger, Crown Vic, Tahoe and now an Explorer. I was the first deputy in Patrol to get the Explorer. I gotta tell ya, this Explorer kicks ass. It handles great and has great acceleration. It tops out at 160. It's not perfect but prob my favorite patrol car to drive.

A picture? Hmm let me see what I can dig up. Here's a picture of me and my district partner right before we had to suit up to stand by for potential riots a few months ago, luckily the "planned" riots never materialized. And another photo of me after a grueling day of riot control training. I'm on the Mobile Field Force and have gear in the car to be able to react to any civil unrests quickly.

IMG_9679 (resized).JPGIMG_9679 (resized).JPG

IMG_7111 (resized).JPGIMG_7111 (resized).JPG

IMG_7542 (resized).JPGIMG_7542 (resized).JPG

#5041 7 years ago

Haha he's a great partner and much wiser than most guys his age. We go back and forth on different scenes with the good cop/bad cop or the contact/cover roles.

Our department uses Sig P226 .40

I also enjoy Glocks. These image are more for the Iron Man thread but what the hell. Check out what I had done to my personal Glock:

IMG_9632 (resized).JPGIMG_9632 (resized).JPG

IMG_9633 (resized).JPGIMG_9633 (resized).JPG

IMG_9634 (resized).JPGIMG_9634 (resized).JPG

IMG_9635 (resized).JPGIMG_9635 (resized).JPG

IMG_9636 (resized).JPGIMG_9636 (resized).JPG

#5046 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Grinder, So are the Glock composites molded it those colors or did you paint them somehow? I assume the metal parts are powder coated with painted graphics? You have my head spinning with Glock customization ideas now - darn you!

I'll PM you some details about the Glock. I think the gun was cerakoted those colors. I can give you my guys' contact info too.

I'm doing my rifle in a similar style next:

IMG_9641 (resized).JPGIMG_9641 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5168 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The white tip that is covered in grease is spring loaded. Just add something down in the shaft before you slide the spring, and then the white tip back in.

What do you mean by add something down in the shaft?

I'd like to increase the tension on my shifter to compensate for the extra weight on this knob.

Going to neutral from shifting up, it springs back on its own.

Going from shifting down to neutral it doesn't spring back. It requires a gentle nudge to get it back to neutral. It's just a tad too heavy.

#5175 7 years ago

There's was def some grease in mine when I opened mine up. Hell the manual even discusses occasionally applying lubrication. Not sure where to go to get the grease though, I guess Lowes.

#5179 7 years ago

Well I bought the super lube. It'll be here Wednesday. I'll take the shifter apart then too. I have no clue how to increase the tension though...

#5184 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

All you need to do is put some packing in behind the spring Superbee mentioned, a piece of plastic rod the same diameter as the white plastic tip would work fine, anything that will fit inside the end of the shaft but big enough to not go inside the spring

Ok I'll def take a look once I taker her off and open her up

1 week later
#5321 7 years ago

Gentleman,

It pains me to say but I sold my Getaway today to a great collector in Birmingham. It's giving my mom, brother, and I a chance to drive, talk and laugh and I'm happy about that.

I sold it for $4350 delivered and still lost money on it. Doesn't matter. I took a nice game and took it to the next level and I'm proud of how it looks. You guys have been extremely helpful in helping me fix, tweak and mod and I'm grateful.

Maybe I'll join the club again someday.

If you're speeding through Memphis/Shelby County, hit me up.

#5330 7 years ago

Hey thanks guys, I'll def still lurk and follow the thread.

#5334 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, Grinder had one on his that he just parted with, which is what got me excited. However, I don't believe he did any/much customization from what an early adopter had done. I have his orchestration, and while it is good I have several ideas to make it even better. When I'm finished with my custom reorchestration (music and sound effects) everyone in this forum is going to want one! Am I setting expectations too high?

You are correct sir. I just installed it as I received it. I have no doubt you'll give the Mr T treatment and knock everyone's socks off

1 month later
#5890 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Nice ride, congrats! So after all those games on The Getaway I guess you're ready for some real life police pursuits.

I'm down

#5897 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hmm...at what speed are you supposed to stop pursuit ? Just umm.. wondering ?

No set speed really. More about reckless behavior of the suspect, traffic conditions and possible charges against the suspects.

Last pursuit I was in I was lead car and topped out around 105/110 but it was like two in the morning chasing a car jacker in a stolen vehicle.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Think I need a few tuning mods before I could pull away from you.

Haha just let me know.

#5899 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes officer, I know I was going 150 in a 65 zone. However, I'm pinball buddies with Grinder, so just give him a call on your little radio thingy, and we can both be on our way.

I'm sure he'll tell you:

IMG_0815 (resized).PNGIMG_0815 (resized).PNG

3 months later
#6474 6 years ago

Running down a dream by Tom Petty?

1 week later
#6612 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, thanks to everyone who gave input on a PinSound soundtrack of various artists. I took several of your suggestions, as well as many of my own, to build a customer orchestration. Sorry if your selections didn't make the cut, but you can always do your own orchestration. Getting ready to test during real gameplay, then I will make whatever adjustments are necessary and post to PinSound Community. In the interim, here is the playlist.

BTW, if you haven't downloaded my U2 version, it is great (assuming you like U2). Played to 2 of my top 3 scores with this one, and it is currently my favorite. Also, I think I'm about done with orchestrations for awhile, except for one more where I am assisting a user from France who is having trouble finishing his (some kind of music I've never heard). Anyway, I hope all of you PinSound owners are enjoying these, and if you don't have a PinSound then by all means get one! You have no idea on the experience you are missing out on.
Update: Orchestration has been tweaked, uploaded to PinSound Community, and is awaiting approval.

I made the cut!!!

2 months later
#6842 6 years ago

I miss my Getaway!!!

#6848 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey, did you see the new Iron Man blades (thought of you when I came across the post)?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-graphics-inc-mods/page/22#post-4014855

Bought them last night

1 month later
#6934 6 years ago

I sold mine for $4350 delivered

#6936 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, but yours had everything including chrome plating, right? Even so, proabably like I will be in that I have more into my Getaway than it is worth, but was happy to spend money on it as my first pin.
BYW, Are you a Vol football fan? You guys are hosed with regards to getting a good coach now.

Oh yes it had it all. Color DMD. Pinsound. All that chrome.

No I’m an alumni of the University of Memphis

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
301 posts in this topic match your search for posts by grinder901. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/2?tu=grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.