• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,376 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Mr_Tantrum. You are on page 2 of 10.
#3505 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

New Getaway owner....waiting on a order to show up from pinball life to rebuild my flippers. Would like to start the LED process. For those that made the recommendation of Comet LED"s and specifically the twin/two smd bulbs. I'm a little confused on what to order.
Under Non-Ghosting. The only twin smd bulbs they show are the ones with the faceted lens. But you guys referenced clear and frosted lenses? I want to start with doing all the inserts first.
Is this what I should be ordering?
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd3528-ng.htm

If you've not seen it already, my full list is available for download here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

I used all singles for inserts and GI of these bulbs: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm

I used these #89 for flasher in playfield (my originals were 5 SMD, but raplaced with this since 5 was not bright enough for me): http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

No issue with those not being "non-ghosting" versions?
And I'm assuming clear lenses?
About how long does it typically take some one to do an LED conversion for their first time?

My first and only time took a few hours. Have to lift playfield, then with pin off (you do not want to short anything) focus on a section at a time, check your work occasionally, then continue. I also took the time to clean the underside of all the inserts with alcohol and cotton swabs. This meant removing some of the circuit boards to get to them. Also, had to unscrew many sockets from playfield to replace bulbs.

I can't recommend enough to also buy some extra bulbs as you may want to experiment with different types or colors in certain spots.

#3521 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

While I respect your attention to detail, here's a helpful tip that you may want to try...
The black stuff that collects on the underside of inserts is just dust, the same dust that you see building up on old incandescent bulbs.
Swabs and alcohol just adds a liquid element that actually just makes it harder and take longer to clean. using alcohol is just turning the dust into black mud that your are smearing around your insert until hopefully the swab absorbs it. And I promise that you leave some amount of residue behind on every single one.
Canned air works MUCH better (the kind with the straw so you can aim it), and is quicker, more thorough because air gets into every crevasse, and you dont need to remove any lamp boards or sockets.
Remove old bulb, quick blast of canned air, install new bulb, good as new... Work smarter, not harder.

In my case there is no doubt that my inserts had over 20 years of this dust layered underneath and they required some actual friction to release all of it. I cannot describe how nasty and dingy my inserts were, and I practically went through a box of Q-Tips on this project. Each insert took 2 drenched swabs to clean until no more black appeared, and then I used a third dry swab to wipe up any remaining liquid that may have left behind.

I appreciate your air tip, however, as I will definitely do this as part of my regular maintenance on the pin. Sounds like a perfect job for my portable air canister.

#3543 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just joined the club. Spent 4 hours removing the mylar . She cleaned up real good.

Welcome to the club, and yours looks really nice!

Please don't take this as a nit-pic as your playfield looks vastly better than mine when I acquired it. I too had some damage around the FREE RIDE insert (much more extensive than yours) that eventually drove me crazy. If it ends up bugging you to the point that you want to do something about it, then here is how I did it (although at some point, I'm going to try again to get my lines a little better): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/61#post-3319238

Also, there are a few simple/cheap lighting mods posted here in the thread that add a lot to the table you may want to incorporate if not already on the pin (sling gauges, speed limit sign, tunnel disc, apron, etc.) I was amazed at how much a little custom lighting added to the overall experience.

Enjoy your new Getaway as I think it is a very fun player's pin.

#3544 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Welcome to the club! What mylar do you speak of ? Mine doesnt have any and im pretty sure it never did.

Mine came with mylar in the pop-bumper area, and I've decided to just leave it alone for now unless someone can convince me I need to pull it up.

#3545 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Spent the weekend working on my HS2. Flipper assemblies came out very nice, first time using all new brackets from Pinball Life.

That's a thing of beauty you have there!

#3546 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Thanks for the good picture I found one at Bay Area Amusements and they called it the ball diverter bracket it's on the way

I think you mean "Ball Trap Bracket" for those of you who ever need to find one: http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-HS2-01-10903

#3548 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I' really liking some of these decals but that Donut Heaven is so nice.
I printed this out on clear label paper, then laminated it... I like the reflective properties of the og metal so that's why I did it that way, guess I'm going to do it again but now with the cars. Great work and thank you!
I'll post some of the other with your decal work later.

Did you ever update to new one with police cars? Would love to see it.

#3550 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

here are the before pics of the failing broken down mylar.

Wow, what a difference. What process did you use to remove the failing mylar, how difficult was it and how long did it take, and did it damage the playfield anywhere? Overall, looks like A+ for Diamond Plate.

#3561 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and don't forget about the $4 flipper button light-up. Mine only cost me the price of 2 double head flex leds and 20 cents for the 2, 44 sockets.

I missed this one. Can you please link to post?

Found this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/3#post-1471650

Is this what you did but with doubles?

Actually, just found this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418

#3565 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Guys, are you printing the decals yourself? Or are you getting them done somewhere?

I print myself on 6 color inkjet with high gloss photo paper, cover with Mylar, apply double sided tape on back, then cut with knife or scissors around print edge. For plastic decals I did a little different and used high quality Epson inlet paper (not thick photo paper) for the light to shine through. I am sure vinyl would be best, but I haven't researched what is needed for this.

#3567 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thanks, I was just thinking if you were having them done that we could do a group at a time.

Vinyl would probably be best, but haven't researched this. I really don't have a desire to sell them or be in the decal printing and distribution business, but would not be opposed if someone else wanted to have a few printed and then share them at cost with others.

I just wanted to do some customizations on my pin, and figured if I had already done the graphics work then why not share with others who may want to do the same.

#3568 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well I've decided I like the one without the cars for now, especially when I made it transparent. It's very subtle and hard to see in the pictures but it has a metallic look that I like.
I made one with the cars in a white back ground that is my fall back.
I appreciate your hard work!
No cars with clear decal

Cars with white decal

Table clear decal with no cars

You still need to light that speed limit sign just like your sling gauges . . . it's begging for it.

#3578 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah and now that Comet has those jewel post lights they make it even easier. That's what you used isn't it Mr T?

Here is what I used for gauges and speed limit sign: http://www.cometpinball.com/4-SMD-6-3V-LIGHTED-POST-LIGHT-p/mtxpost.htm

#3580 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Some morning ball; testing my new collapsible PinGulp.

Where's your donut holder . . . on the other side?

#3581 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My posts on that thread are #108 and 124. I did those before Comet came out with the double flex head which I used later on. Vids was more expensive cuz his sockets were more expensive then mine. Oh and my sockets are only 15 cents each not 20.

Would you mind posting a pic of your current setup from inside & out here for reference purposes?

#3584 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Replaced the entrance ramp tx and rx optos and it works now.

See, sometimes people here do know what they are talking about! In all seriousness, glad it ended up being what we thought, and not something more costly/complicated. Now you can get on with Redline Mania!

#3589 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's the same as those pictures, just one socket with a 2 head bulb in it is all.

I was mainly wondering how/where you placed the two bulbs for best effect.

#3590 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You could be right and honestly I'm not certain what it measures but Williams considered anything over 145 to be a problem. I think the best range is high 70's to low 90's, I'll test mine again but I think I'm in the mid 80's now....

I am in mid-high 90's with all new optos. For me, I am satisfied with the speed vs. trying to do something else to improve it (e.g. replace magnets). In my case, even if the ball initially barely makes it to the first magnet, there is always enough power to throw it full circle and to keep it looping. Two balls is the most I've had going around together, and that works great. I guess I could test 3 at a time by hand, but haven't really thought about it up to this point.

#3591 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Had some decals made, when I get final artwork approved I will have more made, should take about a week because I'm on vacation

These are looking great!

#3642 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

It looks like I'm missing this same bracket. I couldn't find it on Bay Area's website? Did you have to call them?
Question for anyone on this piece....does it serve any purpose? I can't seem to see what it would be doing on the playfield.

Look back a few posts, I provided the direct link (unless Charger bought the last 2).

#3643 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

It is supposed to keep a jumping ball from dropping into the bottom of the cabinet, I believe. Not sure how one would get up there in the first place, but that is how I understand it. To me, it's just a place for a "Hair Pin" sticker.

I though it was needless too, until a few plays ago I pinged it somehow with a jumping ball.

#3651 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Had some decals made, when I get final artwork approved I will have more made, should take about a week because I'm on vacation

Switched my Donut Heaven decal from my first to my most recent design - after having it on, I like this one best. Overall, the colors match the pin better, and can't beat the price.

IMG_1120.JPGIMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1119.JPGIMG_1119.JPG

#3655 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Another newbie question; I reset the high scores to 00 on all 4 places so that high scores reset, but the grand champion default score is still there. Not sure how to rest grand champion score. The loops high score is there to but I'm not worried about that.

It is a 2 phase process, both in utilities. First phase is for you to set the default high score for each of the places. Once this is done., then you must do the high score reset, and then each of the new high score defaults will be applied. The loops will set to whatever the built in default is (2, I think), and you will just have to beat it.

If you can't figure it out let me know and I will go look for exact menus.

#3659 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I did that but he grand champion is stil DWF at 200,000,000

You had to have missed something.

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i don't know if you can manually set grand champ to 0. that's probably just the default after a reset.

Definately can on L2. I have done it multiple times. Just follow Tiltmonster instruction.

#3665 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I like the donut heaven decal, but I really like those clouds on the sides too. Where did you get them?

Yes, my custom homemade blades: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/54#post-3206810

Artwork is available for free download. Also, I recently had to replace due to a big tear caused when working on playfield, but this time I did w/o car on left blade which I like better (just have to hide layer in Photoshop, if I get time I may go ahead and create/include alternate in download file). Pretty easy DIY, and the seams are barely noticeable. Of course, you could always have them professionally printed on a single sheet of adhesive vinyl.

http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#3671 7 years ago

Has anyone used any UV lighting in their Getaway? I just have a 3 LED at the bottom of the ramp sign, but was wondering if anyone had tried to use spots to light up the florescent orange around the center table tachometer. Just wondering how well the orange reacts and what it looks like.

#3672 7 years ago

Now that I have some extra Lexan laying around, I was thinking about making my own replacement supercharger entrance plastic (you know the support one that seems to break on everyone's pin). Since my original was broken, and I can find a full scale image on the web in my brief searching, can someone please scan theirs in hi quality and post/email to me? Don't worry about colors or anything, as I just want to use the template to know how to shape my plastic and where to drill all the holes.

image_43650_1_285x255 (resized).jpgimage_43650_1_285x255 (resized).jpg

#3675 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

T, I can probably do that for you. I have a scanner at work. Would 600 dpi be good?

Yes, that would be fine. I just need to get exact outline of sign and hole size & placement. As usual, my plan would be to create my own custom decal and post on my download page for all to have if anyone else needs to make their own.

#3676 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Is there a way to test the Mars lamp besides in a game?

Tests, T4-27

#3678 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Ended up taking the glass off and and ran a really good game. I wanted to see what my LED bulb looked like. Borrowed it from my outdoor lamp post light. It's brighter.

I have an extra one of these for sale. Don't know if it is as bright as yours or how much yours costs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/64#post-3386275

#3683 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Mr. T, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull that sign off yesterday. I'll try and get to it soon. Now that I look at mine closer, I see it has a crack at a screw hole. Will try and keep it from spreading with some superglue.

Thanks for the intent, and I'll keep looking for a sample. I was hoping that maybe someone already had an extra, an old one they had replaced, or a new one they were about to put on that they could scan.

#3688 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The one I tried in there from my lamp post is 270 lumens, 30 LED, warm white 3000 K temperature. I found something like it, but inside a glass bulb. Will likely order it, and get some landscape lighting LED replacement bulbs at the same time, to save on shipping. I'm sorry, but I think this is the best way to go for me.

Nothing to apologize about, just thought I would offer. I tried other LEDs from Amazon and sent them back even though they had a bazillion SMDs on them for just not being bright enough. I'm finally happy with this one that I bought from Autozone.

#3693 7 years ago

Anyone here interested in a new 6.5" 4 ohm Shielded Woofer? - https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc160s-4-6-1-2-classic-shielded-woofer-4-ohm--295-308

I bought in brand new in April to replace a rotted out cabinet speaker, but now I am doing some upgrades and need a 8 ohm version. I also have a 5.25" and 3.5" bought at the same time and never used for the backglass (I had to buy pairs but only used one of each, of coarse). Let me know, and I will work to make a deal on them.

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-wave-plx32-3-1-2-coaxial-speaker-pair--267-770
https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080

#3694 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have a new one, give me the day to get it scanned for you. PM me an email address.

PM Sent, thank you for anything you can do to help me out on this.

#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

did anyone do this ? if not I can do it in the morning.

Yes, TheOnlyest was kind enough to send me a scan copy of a reproduction plastic. However, I am finding a little quirkiness about it. His scan is very good, but the hole layout and even the shape is a little out of square - very bad for my OCD!

I don't know if this is actually how the original was and everything will line up perfectly, or of the QC on his aftermarket piece was bad. At this point, I am going to take what he sent me and create a basic template to check alignment before I move on to artwork and creating the piece out of Lexan.

#3704 7 years ago

I think what I can do is disassemble my broken one (OEM) and trace the pattern and hole layout. This will give me the exact hole alignment, and then I can overlay this on top of the scan that TheOnlylist provided in order to complete the pattern (mine is missing both legs).

I realize this is not life and death engineering, and everything doesn't need to be exact to the nearest micrometer. However, if I'm going to take the effort to create a graphic and share it with others, then I would like for the alignment to be accurate.

Also, I have seen the metal supports which I think is a good option (would be happy to use as template if someone is willing to scan and send to me, assuming this is the exact shape of the original plastic). Even if I had one I would want to still create the graphic. Like I mentioned before, since I already have the Lexan I thought I would take a crack at making my own before purchasing a metal one.

Oddly enough, what is driving me here is kind of silly. The previous owner used a couple of oval shaped metal pieces as legs for the broken sign. However, no matter how I adjust them, they always look tilted, out of alignment, crooked, etc. and it drives me crazy! Also, they are very tight and no way they can move on their own, but I swear that every time I play they look like they are in a different skewed alignment.

#3708 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sounds like way too much work and time when you can buy one on ebay for $18 bro.

Agreed, but I'm looking for a project to take up a little bit of my free time . . . getting tired of watching all the election junk on TV in the evenings. FYI, your scan will definitely be helpful, so I do appreciate you taking the time to do it. I just think the hole locations need some minor tweaks to ensure proper alignment (who knows, probably within tolerance, but again my OCD rules in matters like this). If I ever get it done and it breaks, my next step will be to buy a metal reinforcement plate.

#3716 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Calling tiltmonster; Back on page #48, post #2376, you did the gauge lightup. I'm ready to do this. What and how, please. I assume it's on the general illumination circuit. Don't want to screw this up and make it all worse by futzing with it, so I will probably need a hand hold through this project. Thanks as always.

More than one way to skin the cat, but I just bought these and clipped to GI bulbs (same for speed limit sign):

Post Lights (natural white): http://www.cometpinball.com/4-SMD-6-3V-LIGHTED-POST-LIGHT-p/mtxpost.htm
Alligator Clips: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/wirepack.htm
Extension Wires: http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-Wires-p/mtxconnect.htm

Here are my pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/51#post-3149197

#3717 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So anyone know what 31-1695 is? Mine appears to be broken.

Funny, I've never seen a 31-1695 fully intact (extended plastic piece above hairpin turn) - I just rounded the corners on mine, and had no idea it extended so far. Looked kind of silly to me, and I didn't see a purpose for it, but now I know why. If someone would be so kind as to scan one and post here in the forum so that others would have a template to make their own, it would be appreciated.

hairpinturn.jpghairpinturn.jpg

#3720 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey gang, this weekend i'm going to list some more of my excess and unwanted parts inventory on ebay.
I have a brand new set of Pinblades for Getaway... The problem is, I cant find ANY pics anywhere online of what they look like, and I don't want to unroll them and try to take a pic. Those of you who have seen these or have them already, they are the ones with the clouds and mountain skyline. Maybe someone who has them could post some photos please?
Anyway, these are no longer made, and i'm offering dibs to you guys before I list them on ebay. Highest PM bid over $100 (includes Priority Mail), at midnight PST today, gets em!! I will list them for much more money on ebay because of all the outrageous fees, and they are made of pure "unobtainium".

Is it these?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-graphics-inc-mods/page/7#post-3153943

Also, what other kinds of things will you be posting for sale?

#3721 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup it's SUPER easy Charger, don't worry. Just make sure you have the game turned off when you clip the wires on, + to + and - to - . Once clipped on then power up the game.

Actually, I found it was better to leave the power on with one of the leads clipped to your tongue . . . the electric shock lets you know when it's working.

#3727 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

EDIT: As for part # 31-1695, IMO, it looks ugly and in my 13 years owning the Getaway I've never had an issue not having it installed on pin but that's just my experience.

I can buy that. I think I should remove the little piece altogether then, since it doesn't really serve any purpose.

#3765 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So I've been playing around with the Mt. Mod (Thank You Charger!) and I didn't like the look of having the stock plastic because the graphic of the Mt seemed to be too much, and having no graphic made the Mt Mod itself seem too 2D, so I'm trying something original. I cut several pieces of Lexan to play around with and this is what I like the best, to me it makes the Mt seem more 3D and doesn't interfere with the SC... I'll probably work on some lighting effects in the next few days.

I like what you've done better.

#3766 7 years ago

Okay everyone, I finally got around to designing and building my own back plastic for the Super Charger sign. Everything went together well, although I probably could have used a half mm adjustment here and there. I designed the graphic to serve as both a sticker DIY and as a template if you want to make your own out of Lexan like I did (sure beats the ugly metal bracket repair some previous owner did on mine). At first I thought that I messed up the bulb alignment because when you face the sign head-on at eye level the bulbs are low in the holes. However, after mounting the sign and assuming the player's position, the bulbs look centered as a result of the viewing angle when playing.

Below are a few pics of the results, and I also posted for download on my page: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

For kicks, I also swapped out the frost yellow LED bulb in the Super Charger socket on the sign with a frost green one. Personally, I like it much better and it is going to stay there for awhile.

IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0316.JPGIMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0317.JPGIMG_0317.JPG

#3769 7 years ago

Woohoo, just finished my 80ohm woofer upgrade with l-pad and Inductor. Unfortunately it is too late here to test with any loudness since the family is asleep, but I can even tell the difference on low.

So, I now have a like new 6.5" 40 ohm woofer that will go into anyone's stock getaway sound along with brand new front speakers. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll make you a deal. I plan on putting a sales post up with picks and details when I get time.

#3770 7 years ago

Ran out of time tonight, but now have all the parts for my next project - lighting the flipper buttons.

#3772 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I got this a while back. Looks pretty cool .
» YouTube video

I do like that mod. I just chose to put a UV 3 LED strip on the underside of mine. I like the touch of purple as it reflects off the metal ramp. However, not as cool as yours since it is just always on.

#3774 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Getaway Club...
I'm in Northern Calif (East Bay Area / San Francisco). I'm looking for a Getaway.
Thanks
Kerry

There are some pretty loyal owners here, but I do hope you join the club soon!

#3786 7 years ago

Okay guys, I need your help. I was getting ready to work on the pin, and needed to lift the playfield. So, like I usually do, I used a magnet pen to pull the balls out of the trough. Not really thinking, I did it while the machine was on and while I was sticking the magnet down to grab a ball, the pin completely rebooted itself. Things seemed normal at first, but when trying to play the ball will not launch. Turns out, the plunger is no longer getting power (used multi-meter on coil leads while in test mode). All other switch tests work perfectly, it is only the plunger. Any ideas on what my issue could be?

#3788 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Well, first things first... You need to learn to reach through the coin door and push the balls out into the shooter lane one-by-one, by manually operating the shooter lane feeder mechanism with your hand.
Second, I don't see how you could have shorted the coil voltage, everything in the trough is ground triggered, and there are no GI lights there either... The only thing I can think of, is if you pushed your magnet through the slot in the bottom of the trough and hit the voltage side of the shooter lane feeder coil. But there is no circuit relationship between the shooter lane feeder coil and the plunger kicker coil. I would open the backbox and obviously check all fuses, if they're ok, see if the Q52 transistor looks blown. My guess is that its likely a blown fuse.

Lesson learned on ejecting balls, and maybe issue was just coincidental, or maybe somehow related to the LED button mod I had just made (clearance was very tight on that side, maybe I shouted something?). Magnet end has 1/4 or larger end that would not fit through slot, and All I did was maybe picked up the trough switch above the plunger tip. I will run through more diagnostics tomorrow. I can obviously track it down using the manual, but where is Q52?

#3789 7 years ago

Think there could be an issue with the high current driver board? Long shot, but I came across this in my searching.

http://www.aaarpinball.com/Getaway/getaway.htm

#3792 7 years ago

Yeah, it's been a long day and I am tired. I was just thinking back through what I had been doing, all of the new lights were working, and I had been lifting out the playfield a few times and putting it back working on ways to limit the light bleed through from the new button LEDs. I needed to lift the table fully, so I was pulling the balls out of the trough (which I will never do again with a magnet). It had been sitting on for a few minutes before I did this, so my initial thought was cause and effect with the magnet, but quite possibly wrong about that.

#3793 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nope.
Stop Googling and start looking and testing... you cant fix a pin with your computer.

Well, I was Googling about how to test for my issue. I'm in bed, so this is a project for tommorrow. Thanks for the advice, as you've given me a good action plan.

#3794 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ahhh, he neglects to mention that he just did a mod! Hmmm, this is where blind, third party troubleshooting can become a problem. Q52 is on the power driver board, its the driver transistor for the plunger kicker coil. It will be labeled on the board... usually if a TIP102 blows, you can see the black plastic is cracked or a chunk of it is missing, and possibly some grey/white powdery scorch marks on it. But do yourself a favor, check the fuses first... not visually, use an ohm meter or diode tester!

All fuses in the pin tested good, and I can see nothing abnormal regarding Q52 or anywhere else in that area.

#3795 7 years ago

If I wanted to test the driver board would I put a meter on J107-2 and J127-4, engage solenoid test 12 and see if I get voltage? Or I also see the high current driver sits between, do I need to do something to test that?

#3799 7 years ago

Well, still no cause determined to my issue, but it appears that no power is getting to the coil. I still have some things to try based upon everyone's recent feedback, so I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

#3801 7 years ago

So, while I am stuck without a plunger, I thought I would at least share my latest mods.

1. Replaced my 4 ohm woofer with 8 ohm, completely rewired speakers, added 80 ohm inverter and L-pad. For those of you who have not done this, it is great as I can now actually hear/feel the bass tones in the game. BTW, the L-pad was a must in order to manually balance the sound the way that was best for my ears.

2. Finished my homemade SC ramp sign and added green frosted LED in place of yellow. I like it much better as it catches my attention more during game play. Thought I would post a pick for others to consider.

3. Followed the guide in this forum and made my own custom LED lit flipper buttons. I used wedge sockets, various Matrix cables, and double red flex heads from Comet Pinball to do the job. Also, wired into start switch so they flash when pin is not in play mode and solid when it is. I'm trying various things (mainly black electrical tape) to help with the apron bleed through, but overall does not seem to be bad. Also, if you do this mod be aware that the spacing is very tight on the plunger side.

4. Finally, I wanted to "pop" the fluorescent orange a little more, so I installed some UV lighting upgrades. I added two Comet UV spotlight bulbs (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6leduv.htm) to the back section to light up the back ramp and left loop (I previously had white bulbs installed here), I already had a 3 LED strip under my SC sign, and replaced my white frosted 7 LED strip under the apron with a 7 LED UV strip. The main upgrade I did was to add 2 UV spots to the sling gauges. This really makes the orange in center area glow. In my first pic, I have the apron UV lit, but not the 2 spots. In the second pic, I have the spots lit and you can see the difference it makes with the oranges with the Getaway logo, 1st-5th gears, and the tachometer. I'm sure that the UV effect is not for everyone, but I thought I would share in case anyone had ever wondered about it.

5. Since I now had a extra LED strip that I didn't know what to do with, I put it in the GI just behind the lower left targets. Wow, it really lights up the plastic (see the same photo where I have the UV spots - bottom left speed limit sign). Now I am thinking about buying a few more of the Matrix frosted white LED strips to light up the other dark spots in green plastics lit by GI.

IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPGIMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPGIMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0340.JPGIMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0333.JPGIMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0332.JPGIMG_0332.JPG

#3804 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Quick 5 mins to look and I'm not sure this will help you but the plunger kicker (solenoid 12) connects to your High Current Driver Board (the little board you mentioned in an earlier post) from (J2) and out via (J1) to the Power Driver Board (J127) pin 1 Brown-Black wire (this also connects to the Eject hole so test that too to see if it's working) and pin 4 Brown-Yellow wire, test to see if you have anything from PDB (J127 pins 1 & 4) if you do then check the HCDB (J2 pins 1&5)... ref manual page 3-7.

FYI, The eject hole test works. The only other thing in the test not working is the lower diverter test, but I don't know what that is (I don't recall this test ever doing anything). Upper diverter works fine (gate that routes ball to either SC or hairpin).

#3805 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That's a lot of lights; how did you decide how to tap into your GI's?
On another note, have you done any tests on your plunger? I'm very curious on what the issue is so we can get you up and running and post some resolution for anyone else running into a similar problem. Please keep us advised, good luck Mr T.

For GI taps, I used the bayonet socket to matrix connector under the plastics for the LED strip, for the back floods, I again used matrix cables to Y-splitter and clipped onto GI bulb towards back, and similar on slings I just used Y-splitter to link into where I had already used matrix post LEDs for my sling gauges. Also, just used extension and Matrix clips for apron light. I am assuming since running LED should not have any load issues, but when I add them all up it is an additional 9 bulbs (counting a strip as a bulb too) to the GI with 3 or 4 more I want to add.

#3807 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

For those that want to support or repair a broken back plastic for the SC entrance ramp, (and don't want to make it themselves), these are available in laser cut stainless steel from Pinball Life:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4328

Look at you with your fancy-pants laser cut metal parts. You think you're better than me?

All in gest, of course. This is a great option and I really dig Pinball Life. I was ready to spring for them, but had the materials I needed to create my own and wanted to burn some time. If/when I ever brake my new one, it will be replaced with the parts you highlighted.

#3808 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So does the plunger work in the tests?

No, it does not. Nor does it register any voltage on the coil leads when test is firing. With the advice provided, I need to determine if PDB is generating the power, and if it is then where the continuity break is.

#3814 7 years ago

Geez, now I really have issues. Been turning off and on trying different voltage tests and I accidentally arced something. Turned on just now and heard a buzz. Realized top pop number was engaged (ie coil firing) and not stopping. I smelled burning from the pop bumper after a couple of seconds so turned pin off immediately. Top jet shares J107-2 and is on J127-6 with plunger on J127-4.

So, the positive, I think, I now know that the plunger (Solenoid 12) and the top pop bumper (Sol 13) correspond to Transistors Q52 and Q50, respectively. When I look very closely, all of the transistors are a dark black with legible lettering on them. However, when I look at Q50 and Q52 they are more grayish and I cannot make out the lettering on them, which I guess is bad. Probably plunger stuck open and top pop stuck closed.

I assume my question now is, how do I get this board fixed, as I do not have the knowledge/tools to do the job or to check any other directly related components. I can buy a replacement PDB, but don't want to fork out $300 if I don't have to.

#3816 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Are you sure those are 40 and 80 ohms? I'm thinking maybe 4 ohms was stock and you might have put in an 8 ohm speaker?

Oops, you are right. Corrected my original post.

#3822 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So im finally back up and running. Its been a long haul restoring this machine but soo happy with the results.
Finally time to play a game of me ole Getaway !!!

That is gorgeous, and I love the red trim. Very nice work!

#3823 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You can work a soldering iron right? Go to a local electronics store and get a half dozen TIP102 transistors, they are very common and cheap. You can fix this, and I will help you do at least a temp fix until you acquire the skills or have a tech do a permanent fix for you.
DO NOT think you have to replace the board, you NEVER have to replace a board unless its been on fire! Short of that, anything is repairable.

I can solder, but I have a few concerns: skill to solder something that small, my vision and steadiness of hand, and how to diagnose if anything else is wrong with the board. I may have someone locally who can repair it, but I'll have to call around tomorrow. Don't mind shipping it to a Pinsider who repairs boards depending upon reputation and cost.

#3835 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok thanks, And how much are the lights ?

I think he wanted to discuss pricing via PM, so you should.

#3836 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's something kind of neat. I just put on a red led strip on the inside of the metal ramp. It's tied into the supercharger right side flasher. The ball does not hit it as it flies around and doesn't mess up the electric eye either and it flashes with every pop hit. I couldn't get a picture of it flashing but it does look neat. You really can't see the strip unless your 6ft tall from the players position.

Can you still find the thin red LED strip used in your SC? Searched for it, but no luck.

#3842 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think this is the length I used. They can be cut every 3 leds to make them shorter. I used a dab of Super Glue Gel every couple inches and held each glue spot for a couple minutes to make sure it was stuck before I moved to the next spot so it will take you a while. Then I spliced into the first red flasher of the 3 on the sc. Make sure you measure the length of where you want to go with it, but I think the 90cm is right.
ebay.com link

Do you have a video of this in action? Even if a short one with phone you can email me if not? Would really like to see the effect before I decide to make the effort or not.

#3843 7 years ago

Well, please don't everyone hate me, but I've decided to purchase a replacement driver board given all my issues. My decision was not made in haste, but based on 3 primary factors:

1) While I could acquire the parts that I think I needed locally to repair the board, I have never done this kind of detailed work before, have no idea how to test my work, and am concerned that while I may address an obvious issue I could easily overlook other things.

2) I am more than happy to pay a reputable repair shop who takes a holistic approach to board repair. However, based upon the calls I made the shortest repair window offered was maybe 4 weeks (excluding the week or more of shipping back and forth, and even 4 weeks was no guarantee).

3) This is my only pin, and I am already having withdrawal. On top of that we will be having events at my house over the next few weeks, and I don't want an expensive giant paperweight in the game room . . . "Hey everyone, look at my cool new pinball machine. What's that? No, of course you can't play it or even turn it on because it has been broken for weeks, and I have no idea when it will be fixed."

As a result, I purchased a Rotten Dog replacement from Big Daddy who is regionally close to me, so I hope I will have the board by this weekend. On another note, I do value the original board and it is not just going in the trash. After removing it yesterday, it is apparent that multiple repairs have been done on it before, yet it still looks pretty clean and it has held up. My plan is to either send it off for repair, work on the repairs myself as I have time to learn, or sell it "as is" to someone who values it and can restore it to proper working order (FYI, if that is you, please make me an offer).

#3844 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So im finally back up and running. Its been a long haul restoring this machine but soo happy with the results.
Finally time to play a game of me ole Getaway !!!

Man, the more I look at it, the more I love the red. Is that powder coat or some other finish? Did you do it yourself (how) or outsource it (if so, what was approximate cost for legs, side rails, and lockbar if you don't mind sharing)?

#3847 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That's perfectly fine but I would suggest you call or email Clive at Coin Op Cauldron he does great work and he fixed my accelerator board that is unavailable for purchase, the thing runs like a champ.
Having said that, I have a new driver board ( mine is a PinLed but I don't think you can buy these anymore) and it's awesome ( I still have the original too ). I bought a Rottendog board 1st but it didn't work correctly so I got a refund and bought the PinLed board. That's not to say Rottendog's are a bad product because there are plenty of people who bought his boards and they work flawlessly. Of course that was 12 years ago...
Good luck!
http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html

He is the first person I called. Told me minimum 4 week turnaround on my board and he actually currently has a 9 week backlog.

#3848 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I could have fixed your issues in 10 mins, with less than $10 in parts....

I know the parts are relatively cheap, and probably a relatively simple repair for someone with experience/skill repairing boards. On the other hand, I obviously caused more damage when I was trying to diagnose the original issue, so repairs went beyond just the one transistor. Additionally, I don't really like taking advantage of other's time and skills if I don't have too. If you were in my neighborhood, I would have probably just come over to your house, let you do the work, then take you out to lunch or something. While I don't like wasting money any more than the next guy, I am in a position where I can afford a new board. I would be happy to pass my old board onto someone for a nominal price in it's current state or even on contingency that it will be successfully repaired. If not, I will get it fixed at some point and hold on to it as a spare, or like I mentioned use this as a self-learning opportunity and work on repairing it myself.

#3859 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thanks! Cant forget the "Lawlor Zone"! Who needs a guest-room anyway??

Awesome collection! BTW, just look at all the storage space you've created under the pins (or are those sub-woofers)?

#3860 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No I don't, I don't do vid...

What? Are you still using a flip-phone or something? Man, you are retro!

#3865 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks Mr T. Yes, they are powder coated. My guy does great work. Mine were done in two stages. First the red, and then a clear to make them pop. They turned out amazing. The cost was $160.00 Canadian for the legs, rails, and lockdown bar. I didnt do the leg adjusters ot the leg bolts as i wanted them to stay chrome to offset the red.

You've inspired me to maybe take a run at trying my hand at red vinyl wrap, as it should be fairly easy and inexpensive. While not as awesome as powder coating, would give me an alternative to tracking down someone and negotiating a price since I don't have a "guy" like you do.

#3866 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

MustangPaul, I'd love to come over and see your Getaway! Maybe I could use my Samsung phone and shoot a vid of the red lights in the super charger and get it here? You might be able to sell me some of those lighted legs too. I'll pm my phone number.

Whoa, that's brave . . . he might just lock you in his dungeon!

#3868 7 years ago

Found this thread after seeing your red trim, and thought I might give it a whirl. This seems like a job I could do well enough without hurting anything and a nice rainy weekend project. If I like the look well enough in person and it doesn't hold up (or if I suck at wrapping vinyl), then I might consider taking the next step and having it coated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vinyl-wrap-lockdown-bar-rails-etc

#3878 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think i might try wrapping my F14 metal in yellow just to see how it looks before deciding if i should powder coat. I can get the vinyl for free and i can do it with my eyes closed so i think im going to give it a whirl .

Show us how it's done. Have no idea when I might do mine, so would love it if you were trailblazer. My main concern at this point is how to do the legs well.

#3892 7 years ago

You an always go BriteCaps (just buy the color lights you want, not the caps): http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

#3895 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My daughter wasnt around tonight to do a video but if anyone wants to give it a shot (Mr T ? ) ill help you through it. Ill still try to do a video at some point on another bar.

Okay, that looks great! Yes, a video would be helpful for certain things such as corners and how to correctly use heat gun with material. Particularly interested in how to do legs, as I think they would be the most challenging.

Finally, would love to see picks of your work when back on the pin.

P.S. I just ordered my red carbon fiber wrap.

#3904 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks for confirming tiltmonster . That's what Comet suggested also. I'm just gonna get all 5. What colors did you go with? I was thinking Nat. White for the top 3 across and a red and a blue for the 2 in the middle.

Check out my LED spreadsheet for my backbox configuration: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball - backbox LEDs are listed under Flasher section but marked as "(Box)"

I used all Natural flashers as I liked them best for both emergency lights and helicoptors, but did use a various colors for GI (I especially like the way the blue looks with the sky & helicopters and the 4 SMD natural for the headlights). My fear would be that red & blue flashers would make the alternate color emergency light look purple, but I've not tested it myself. For my config, see before (incandescent) and after (LED) pics below. Also, I didn't notice that the passenger side headlight LED was not working until after I took the pic. Was an easy fix (pulled out the leads and put bulb back in), but gives you a good side-by-side comparison vs. old style bulb. Also, I've since messed with various LED configs, but pretty much settled where I started except I did put a red frost behind "The" at top left instead of natural as in the pic. Personally, although I know opinions differ here, I can't stand the warm white bulbs (LED or otherwise) as it just makes things look dingy and dull to me.

before.jpgbefore.jpg
after.jpgafter.jpg

#3905 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No I don't, I don't do vid but it looks really cool. The strip is on the back side inside the ramp not facing you so you don't see the strip just the glow of the red light inside the ramp. It looks similar to the last picture which is my Met Pro. But of course the ramp on Getaway is going sideways so you won't see it quite like that.

Well, just got mine ordered (I went ahead and got 2 since they are cheap, coming from China, and if one was broken I wanted to have backup). I'm sure they are being sent on a slow boat, so maybe I can have pics posted sometime next year!

#3912 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

This is what the back box is now. Maybe the pic doesn't help. Everything in the back box looks ok. I'm sure it could be better. The flashers are the only thing I wanna change right now. Ryanwanger of Comet felt that the 4 Dmd post lights would like too bright. Need to back track on this thread and look at others before deciding. My goal there is to eliminate the double spots posted on the gauges and put under gauge lights there instead that I hope will also light the playfield some. I also want to brighten up some spots around the hairpin and also some around the right back corner too

No such thing as too bright when it comes to flashers, IMHO. I don't want them just to cast a nominal smooth light on things, rather, I want them to be noticed when they flash. Below is a pic of the Comets I used in backbox, as I think they are perfect as far as lumens go.

As far as gauges, with all due respect he is wrong. I used the 4 SMD matrix post lights and the are perfect. Perfect size, perfect light pattern, perfect lumens. However, they provide little GI lighting, just make upper sling plastics glow (see pic below). The light you do see in that area is caused by the frosted sling GI light along with my translucent rubbers allowing more light to pass.

Regarding the hairpin, I am thinking about lighting from top-back behind hairpin sign with yellow light (flashing possibly) to give it some light and to go along with the caution theme.

For right back corner, a spot cone added to the backboard shining down at an angle works great (see pic below) BTW,you know you can do a image only thread view, right? Makes it real easy to find pics you are looking for.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3924 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well if they are on the slings or right in your eyesight that may not be the case, so don't go too crazy.

You left off the end of my sentence: "IMHO". I have bright 13 smd red super flashers in my slings and love them - http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm. I would agree that maybe white light would be too bright, but I would encourage anyone converting to or experimenting with LED flashers give a variety of brightness and colors a try to see what your particular preference may be.

Also, I am 6'3" and I find that given my stance when playing that my viewing angle to the pin does not allow for any direct line-of-site flashers. If I were a little taller or a little shorter, it might also change my opinion if I went blind every time one went off.

Finally, have to remember that my only experience is with The Getaway (my only pin), and I like it all lit up. I have friends with multiple pins, and I admit that if I owned certain others that all out brightness would not necessarily be my preference on them.

#3925 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You posted this while I was typing this. But to make your tl brighter line the inside with aluminum foil.
Here are a few pictures of my mod. If your interested pm me.

Your collection and game room are very impressive . . . thanks for sharing the cool pics! I really dig the carpet, and it takes me back to the days of my youth in the early 80's hanging out and arcades and roller rinks.

However, this begs a couple of questions . . . are you married? If so, what does she think about your hobby (is it her hobby too, or does she spend time/money on something else that she likes better)? My wife is awesome, but don't know if I could ever pull off what you have done.

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So i flooded my F14 Tomcat lockdown bar in yellow vinyl. Took about 10 mins and turned out perfect. Looks pretty cool. Ill do the rails and legs and then decide if i want to powder coat like i did with my Getaway. If i decide i dont like it ill try another color. You will notice that i wrapped it around the backside a bit just to keep it from pulling up.

How does one best prepare the surface for wrapping? What are pointers on doing good corners?

#3934 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Thank you Mr Tantrum for the art work these should look nice on my Gataway

Those look great, and I like the darkened donut heaven. Happy I could help.

#3941 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Hey Mr Tantrum here is that scan you wanted Hope it helps

That's great, thanks.

#3943 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Question: Should the kickback plunger look like this, or is it missing a rubber tip? It doesn't always kick it to the eject hole.

Here is what it should look like. I had issue earlier with part and discovered the white vinyl part was broken deep in the shaft. I superglued it, and now it kicks the ball about 75% of the time into the tunnel when it hardly ever did before.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3956 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

. . . Ohhhh Cmonnnnnn humour in pinball is a MUST!!

I have mine an -6.5, so that I never have to worry about ball drains or even using the flippers.

#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have mine at 6.5 and Charger did you check ebay for that level? That's the one I have and love it, well worth the money.

Dang, it's $48 on e-bay! I think I need more than one pinball machine before I spend this kind of money on a level.

#3964 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well how much is it at your local Sears plus sales tax?

Honestly, I don't know if I still had a local Sears, and even if I do I make it a practice not to go to malls. Up to this point I've just used my iPhone app, so I'll probably just stick with that.

Also, will this do the same thing for 1/2 the price?
https://www.amazon.com/DigiPas-Digital-Electronic-Protractor-accuracy/dp/B001NPJGL0/ref=sr_1_1

#3967 7 years ago

Great instruction, I have a couple of follow-ups:
1. Do you heat treat the entire surface after you apply the vinyl or just apply pressure and all is good?
2. When wrapping under and finishing around the bottom/inside edges, do you heat the trimmed edges just apply pressure to make it stick?

#3988 7 years ago

Well, I got home today with every intention of working on my first wrapping job, but to my surprise my replacement PDB had arrived. I spent most of the evening installing it as I had a couple of quirky issues. When it was all said & done, I had somehow accidently pulled a couple of wires out of their molex connectors in the replacement process, and it took me awhile to trace and reseat them.

All is right with the world again, and I have a 100% working Getaway! I'm going to have to try my hand at wrapping another day (maybe this weekend) but the red carbon vinyl looks really great to me (my plan is lockdown bar, side rails, and legs if I feel inspired). Somehow, I think if I get this done, then I may be finally driven enough to redo my faded cabinet artwork.

Also, found a legit buyer for my faulty PDB who will repair it, and put it to good use.

#3990 7 years ago

One thing that I noticed with the new PDB is that my shooter is not as powerful as it was before. As a reminder, my troubles began when I somehow shorted something with my ball remover magnet (I've since abandoned that practice) and the shooter stopped working altogether. Before, the ball would easily make the loop when launched, but now it is visibly slower and just gets over the top of the loop to make the full turn.

So, my question is, can coils be damaged to where they underperform? Everything else works great on the new PDB, so I am assuming (I know that can be bad) that it is sending proper voltage to the coil. Could something be wrong with the little driver board this coil routes through? I am obviously not an electrician and have a limited understanding of things, but my natural thought would be that a coil would either work or not work.

#3991 7 years ago

Mine is dead-on too. However, I must admit that it causes me a little anxiety while I am under the pin adjusting legs and that lady's voice keeps barking out numbers . . . in my head she is yelling out "you idiot" after each time she announces the imperfect measurements.

#4004 7 years ago

Well, here is my first effort at wrapping (no, I'm not posting a middle-aged white guy trying to freestyle rhyme video), rather, vinyl wrapping. I must say it was a little more challenging than expected, but all the great advice really helped, and I can see how it would get easier with experience. This is how my lockbar came out, and the siderails are next. More pics to come when I finish the rails, but the red really motivates me to at some point soon redo my cab graphics. Nobody is going to mistake me for a pro, but overall pretty happy with this DIY. I am also happy it's not permanent like paint, so I can always change my mind.

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPG

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPG

#4009 7 years ago

Okay, finished the side rails, and I really like it. If my cabinet graphics were fresh then it would look awesome (currently pink kind of clashes with red). I'm leaving the legs for another day, but will get to them eventually.

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

IMG_0363 (resized).JPGIMG_0363 (resized).JPG

#4010 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Great first try Mr T ! That looks really good. The reason you got the small creases at the corners is that the vinyl wasnt fanned out enough when heated but thats normal for a first timer. Overall i think you did a great job. If you decide to do the legs , show me a photo of them and i will advise you on the best way too do it. Most time you will want to lay the vinyl over the ribs and then heat in rather than working the vinyl in and out of ribs.

Well, I think if I had another person to help, I could have done even better. As it was, I did it all by myself, and had to get creative with clamps since I don't have a vice.

As a side note, I also really like the feel of the vinyl versus the bare metal.

As far as legs go, they are the standard chrome with the raised line on front sides. In my case, I want to stay with red carbon, but now that I am aware, I've seen some really cool satin and various mirror vinyls that would look incredible on the right pins.

IMG_0364 (resized).JPGIMG_0364 (resized).JPG

#4011 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hi everyone, I'm proud to say I'm a new member of the club as I picked up a Getaway from another member here a couple weeks ago. It's quickly become my and everyone else's favorite in my extremely small collection. I've got a question about a number that was 'imprinted' on my play field by very small indentations on the play field. I actually didn't notice it until today when I was cleaning the play field. I don't know if you can see it in the attached photo, but the number is 370460. I'm assuming this is a serial/tracking number, but was it done at the factory or by an operator?

Welcome to the club!

I have no such marking on mine, and I have looked very hard to find it seeing how yours is easily visible in the photo.

#4012 7 years ago
Quoted from Hadji:

Hi! Here is one photo of mine, still not full led

I really like the mood you have going with your lighting.

#4017 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'm guessing it was, the majority of pins from that time would have been. The play field is in pretty good shape and you can't see this unless you're really looking for it, so it must have been done by the operator. So another question I have is do others get a lot of air balls on their machine?

Define "a lot" please. I would say that a strong flip into the center stoplight targets is the number one source for air balls for me. Fortunately, I don't do this on purpose very often. Otherwise, there is the occasional air ball with things get moving fast or when chaotic in multi-ball.

#4018 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Great first try Mr T ! That looks really good. The reason you got the small creases at the corners is that the vinyl wasnt fanned out enough when heated but thats normal for a first timer. Overall i think you did a great job. If you decide to do the legs , show me a photo of them and i will advise you on the best way too do it. Most time you will want to lay the vinyl over the ribs and then heat in rather than working the vinyl in and out of ribs.

I may very well undertake the legs sometime this weekend, so any detailed pointers ahead of time would be greatly appreciated. My main concerns include: 1) the ribs on the legs (front - extruded and back - recessed), 2) I want to cover both inside and out of legs, 3) I want to cover inside bottom of leg where leg adjustment bolt goes through since this is visible to the player (don't really care about bottom side that faces floor), and 3) how to get a good wrap at top taper of leg, realizing that the upper back portion is not that critical as it will be hidden.

Also, my dark room pics don't really do the vinyl job justice. If I get time, I will try to take some with better lighting.

#4020 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Not a big fan of powdercoating, but the vinyl looks great.

I got the idea when one of the Getaway owners posted their newly red powder coated Getaway, which I thought looked awesome. I was looking for a DIY/low cost option that wasn't permanent, and came across the vinyl wrapping idea. There is a short topic I found here in the forums addressing how to do it, and SUPERBEE (Getaway owner) has provided great advice since he wraps professionally.

As a point of reference, I spent about $20 on the wrapping from ebay (all kinds of stuff to choose from), am having fun learning and doing it myself, and don't really care if I mess up or get tired of it as I can just peel it off and throw it away without feeling guilty about flushing $$$ down the drain.

#4028 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Titan silicone rubbers are the best. look at what I'm finding in my getaway I use cheap rubbers from little shop of games shame on me I should have known better. Waiting on a new set to get here tomorrow

Those look gnarly! Titan all the way, baby!

#4029 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Finally got some time on my hands to do some Mods. Thanks to everyone for all the good ideas

I can't help but notice your Donut Heaven customization with the police cars. Does that happen to be my artwork? If so, I would be happy to create a custom one for you without the black door section (i.e. just all brick) if you think it would look better. I could also do a custom sign to your liking. Finally, I see you used my orange hairpin turn sign (since removed from my download site) . . . glad you liked enough to put it on your pin, and happy that I could contribute to the community.

#4030 7 years ago

Okay, I've pretty much done most everything to my Getaway that I want, or at least have it planned (cabinet decals, flashing yellow hairpin turn LED, and some GI frosted LED strips to light up the dark plastic areas). The one exception that I really don't know how to address is the back ramp flap. I am missing the thin metal piece riveted to the base of the ramp. So, my questions are: 1) where do I get a replacement, and 2) even if I had a replacement how would I go about removing the old rivets and properly attaching the new ramp piece?

#4033 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Yes, the artwork is from your website. The Donut Heaven was an experiment I was playing around with and have been changing it a little. I hope you don't mind. I've made the cars black and white, changed the plates to show my name (lol) and the hairpin sticker is a little bigger and red/black to match my pin. Thank you.
FYI- I have the old blue steel one off of my pin. You are welcome to have it if you like. If not you can buy the new stainless steel ones from this web site listed below. As far as the rivets are concerned, you seem to be pretty handy so make your own like I did. Check out the pic attached.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_58&products_id=439

When it comes to my artwork, modify all you want (that is why I provide the source files.).

Just to be clear, I am referring to the back ramp (Donut Heaven ball catch), not the Super Charger ramp you have pictured. If this is what you are referring to, still in good shape, and still have it then I would be interested for the right price (pic would be nice too). You can PM me if you like.

#4035 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Here are those pics I told you about

If you don't mind, what was the process for replacing the back one (e.g. I assume you had to take the ramp out somehow to get to it)?

#4037 7 years ago

Well, based upon what I've read in the forums, watched on YouTube, and what little experience I have, I decided to get started wrapping the legs.

For the most part it is pretty easy except when you get to the taper and bolt holes. I've completed the fronts and getting stated on the backs, but thought I would share my progress.

As a FYI, I am doing a full wrap of the legs except for the base where the foot threads through. Also, I am not concerning myself with the finish on the back side of the taper as this is invisible with leg installed.

IMG_0374 (resized).JPGIMG_0374 (resized).JPG

IMG_0375 (resized).JPGIMG_0375 (resized).JPG

IMG_0370 (resized).JPGIMG_0370 (resized).JPG

IMG_0371 (resized).JPGIMG_0371 (resized).JPG

#4039 7 years ago

Well here it is all finished. I love the way it came out, and since I had a little vinyl left, I decided to trim the front edge of the backbox. Took me about 4 hours to do everything (including all the trips up and down the stairs and out to the garage). I also took the time to polish the leg bolt heads so they are nice and shiny. Finally, I wasted about 30 minutes when I dropped a nearly finished led in the concrete floor and it hit and bounced in such a way that the vinyl tore in several places along the edge.

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

#4043 7 years ago

Thanks everyone. I bought my vinyl here: ebay.com link: Premium 4D Gloss Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sticker Wrap Decal Sheet Bubble Free Film

Also, I wanted to note a few things:
- I bought the 5' x 5' roll and still have a little left over
- I have the carbon pattern all running in the same direction, so be aware of this when you do yours
- I strongly recommend using something with a pattern if you are a newbie wrapper like me, as it hides most of the imperfections
- The seller also has various color chromed that might look good for both outside and even makeshift blades, but you had better be an experienced wrapper or get a shop to do it for you

#4045 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks everyone. I bought my vinyl here: ebay.com link » Premium 4d Gloss Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sticker Wrap Decal Sheet Bubble Free Film
Also, I wanted to note a few things:
- I just noticed in my pic that I forgot to trim the vinyl on the left side of box - I've since fixed that
- I bought the 5' x 5' roll and still have a little left over
- I have the carbon pattern all running in the same direction, so be aware of this when you do yours
- I strongly recommend using something with a pattern if you are a newbie wrapper like me, as it hides most of the imperfections
- The seller also has various color chromed that might look good for both outside and even makeshift blades, but you had better be an experienced wrapper or get a shop to do it for you

Well, the pin is now begging for new cabinet graphics, so I think that is in my near future. BTW, if anyone is looking for a source for quality Getaway cabinet decals, I found a source that is less than anything I've seen online, and he is both a pro vinyl printer and a pinhead. PM me if you would like his contact info as he said I could definately share it, but he didn't want it posted in an open forum.

#4047 7 years ago

Wishing I had bought the red mezelmod start key now instead of the green

#4050 7 years ago

FYI, I replaced my photos in post 4039 with ones taken from a real camera (not iPhone) in good lighting. New pics give a truer perspective on how good the red looks (not so dark).

#4051 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Looks good, tantrum. I'm always on the fence when it comes to colored trim. I love the original stainless steel but some colors just look fantastic on certain games. Red on Getaway looks perfect.

Yeah, and the great thing about it is if/when I want to go back to chrome I just peel it off.

#4055 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

What do you guys think about Hairpin turn lights

Very cool, as that is probably the darkest part of the pin. Did you just tie into GI, and is it always on? Also goes well with your hairpin color.

What I am going to try with my next comet order is a slow flasher that I cover with a yellow gel. Plan is to mount it behind hairpin sign and shine it down into the turn. Concept is to add to caution theme of the turn.

#4057 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Yes I tied into the GI lights the red 3528 SMD look better with 6.3v then 12v it's not overpowering it's very subtle lighting. The guy that you are getting your cabinet decals from are they the next gen decals?

I don't know what next gen means. I am having him print the artwork I have for download here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

If you can provide your artwork, he will print it.

#4061 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Just finished the cover for ramp Target bank Thank you Mr T

Excellent! I am thinking about putting a LED strip under the base of the ramp as close to the back of the targets as possible to hopefully direct a little light through the underside side of the plastic.

#4062 7 years ago

For those of you who have restored your Getaway cabinet graphics, I need your advice. I am contemplating doing mine, but I do not want to do a complete restore. I need to be able to do it in place upstairs where the pin sits, as I am not going to transport it and I want to keep it mostly intact. With that stated, what is the best method to prep the cabinet? Do I have to peel/strip current graphics or are they silkscreened on? If the latter, must I sand them down or can I just do a light sanding? If bleed through is a problem, then can I just paint over current graphics before applying new decals? Again, my goal is nice, not perfect.

#4064 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Screen printed. Prep is key, sanding and filling, I wouldn't do it assemebled but; If your goal is not perfect what's the point?
Edit: if you use decals I don't think you'll be able to use those legs protectors or you'll get wrinkles.

So after you sand do you primer or just lay over bare wood?

#4079 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just add the aftermarket metal protectors, cut around them with a razor and the other plastic ones will bolt on and not touch the decal. That's what I suggest when people want to put my light up protectors on. I do that on my games and it works great.

Great to hear, as this is what I was hoping (I like the look of the red protectors). When you say cut around the metal ones, are you just scoring the decal or are you actually removing the decal portion that would normally be covered by the legs?

#4081 7 years ago

Okay, I am reading different things, so what to make sure I understand. Just to be clear, the entire cabinet is silkscreened, correct? If yes, this means I must sand the entire surface to remove the silkscreen right (i.e. no scraping/pealing off a decal)? Part of me wonders why I just couldn't fill imperfections, sand smooth, and prime without going through a complete deep sanding down to the bare wood.

Also, I guess my main concern is having to completely tear down the cabinet (remove playfield, all the circuit boards from back box, all the wiring to stuff in cabinet (e.g. speakers, etc.) I was hoping that I could get the job done in a quality manner without actually having to completely disassemble the machine. I assumed I could strip, sand, prep, and apply new decals with the pin mostly assembled. However, I'm beginning to question myself on this now.

BTW, any pointers on removing side rails without damaging them, especially since I just wrapped them and don't have enough left over to do them again.

#4090 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Also wanted to mention to Mr Tantrum, I think I remember reading that it's a friend of yours who will be printing this for you. Make sure he uses a quality 2 mil cast film with lam. Something like IJ180 or something of similar quality. If it has air egress properties, make sure that the channels are not noticeable in the film as they do not become less noticable over time.

Actually, not a friend, but a professional printer who normally does non-licensed work for v-pin cabs that I came across in a forum. I actually talked to him on the phone, and he's a real cool guy who knows his stuff, and who also has 4 really pins himself and loves the hobby. He told me the materials he uses and I don't recall specifically, but I remember 2.X mil with laminate and air egress, so given his posts in the forum I read and those who appreciated his work, I fully trust him.

#4091 7 years ago

While I am no expert, why I don't think my cab has vinyl decals at first glance is that when you look at all of the graphics closely they are raised from the surface. I've not looked closely with a leg off to see if I can see any kind of transition in the worn areas, but based on look and feel, I believe that it is silkscreened onto the cabinet (understanding that the cab wood itself may have had a vinyl laminate on it).

#4099 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

If you scroll down in this link, it shows the vinyl material being peeled off. I peeled a section of mine off last night just to see what it is like since I have new decals that I need to install. http://townsvillepinball.com.au/getaway-restoration/

So you are telling me if I just put my Getaway out in the barn for 20 years that I shouldn't have any issues removing the existing artwork . . . man that thing was nasty, very impressive work!

However, this begs a question to me: were these vinyl stickers or was their a vinyl laminate applied to the wood that the artwork was then printed on? Based upon what I am reading, it was the latter. I think this is similar to the white shelving you buy at retail hardware stores where white vinyl has already been glued to MDF boards to give them a finished look. I would think that if you still had good adhesion then you wouldn't necessarily need to completely remove it before applying new decals.

I am still contemplating what process I will take, but all of this information has been great.

#4108 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Man that's lookin sharp, love that chrome coin door. You gonna cut around those cab protectors to play it safe?

So, do you just score the decal around cab protectors or cut through the decal?

#4109 7 years ago

Do any of you guys use cab protectors around the buttons? If so, what kind?

#4116 7 years ago

That was an either or question, not yes or no. Which is correct: score or cut through the decal? I assume the idea is that if the protectors do move, the vinyl will not wrinkle at the keg support joints. I guess a full cut seems to make more sense than just scoring, but I'm a complete newbie on this one and don't want to assume.

#4122 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure this will help but my Elvira (as many of them did) had issues with the decals wrinkling around the legs and the previous owner removed the vinyl around the legs, this is a bit more than Stang is recommending but you get the idea... some day I'll get around to repairing this but the graphics are just too nice to remove and replace the OG decals (IMHO OG is always better).

Plus you've got glow-in-the-dark ink on that pin, would not want to lose that.

#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I did not know that. Very cool !

Or at least UV reactive on the decals. I know there are glow-in-the-dark features on playfield that charge well with UV light. My friend has one, and anything green glows even after he turns the pin off. He's added UV LEDs in strategic places, and it really adds to the experience with all the glowing green (he also has the Titan UV rings that look great).

#4126 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

This is a fact but that's not the case on the cabinet decals

He has shown me his with UV lighting in the room, and the green does react on the cab in her eyes and other spots. Maybe does not glow, but definately reacts to black light. His is original cab artwork.

#4128 7 years ago

A couple of questions (one is a repeat, but did not receive a response):

1) Does anyone use cabinet protectors around their flipper buttons, if so which ones? If not, do you wish you had or do new decals hold up well when pin is home machine?
2).As part of the re-decal process, what adhesive do you use when re-installing top rails? Also, what process do you use to ensure the gap is correct for the playfield glass?

#4148 7 years ago

Superbee, I know you just went through some back ramp repairs, so I wanted to learn from your experience. I need to replace the ramp flap on my back ramp, so I need to somehow get to in order to remove, repair, and replace it. Can you please give me some pointers on what I have to do to?

#4153 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey guys. I'm trying to put this hairpin turn decal on and I think I'm missing the metal bracket that should be behind the U-Turn. Am I alone here or were others also missing this piece? Does Marco carry it?
Also, it seems that beneath the Donut Heaven, in the ball lock, I'm having issues. I'll have the lock lit, hit the shot and the game will go into ball search mode instead of kicking out a second ball. It'll release the locked ball instead so I'm unable to stack all three. I recall reading about similar issues. What should I look for around the ball lock area?
Thanks guys!

I went back and looked at all of you photos in this thread. From what I can tell, you never had this piece. I don't see it in your before pics, in your pics with all you parts laid out going to chrome, and of course it is missing from your after pics.

Here is the part:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/71#post-3420148

#4154 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

This is my latest Getaway Helicopter Mod
» YouTube video

That's pretty cool. Is that a DIY or a purchased mod (details either way, please)?

#4159 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Where can i buy that decal?

Hair Pin Turn decals are available from Mezel Mods.

#4160 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Bracket is purchased. Now I just need to fix the ball lock issue

I believe these are switches on Page 2-40 of The Getaway manual with Switch Matrix on page 3-4:
- 74 (Top Lock)
- 75 (Middle Lock)
- 76 (Bottom Lock)

My guess would be issue with 76 (Bottom Lock) if this occurs on first ball that it locked.

#4167 7 years ago

Wow, takes some real plastic (i.e. credit card) to purchase a little plastic for this game. Think I will stick with my vintage, minor scratch or two, well polished with Novus 2 plastics and hold on to my $200.

#4177 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Not sure what to do with this ugly looking plastic part. The chrome has rubbed off or tarnish overtime. Have any of you tried painting it? Just need some ideas to bring this back to looking almost new again.

I painted mine silver, but after just a short time ended up replacing it with new one from Marco's. I could not be happier with my decision! The chrome reflects the LED lights so much better, and makes the overall playing experience more enjoyable to me.

#4180 7 years ago

I assume I need tubular rivets for repairing the back ramp, but does anyone know what size (diameter and length)?

#4185 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Just about all pinball rivets (ramp flaps, plastics, domes, etc) are 1/8" diameter. for that ramp flap, length = 5/32"

Next question, is anyone willing to sell me a few? I can find at Marcos, but $6+ shipping for just 4 of them. Can't seem to find at local hardware stores. Happy to pay a couple of bucks for someone to throw a few in an envelope and mail to me.

#4187 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know where I can get a mountain mod from?

They are rare and hard to find. You just missed one here from a member a couple of weeks ago. Could place a wanted add.

#4188 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh not a good idea, that would jam up a sorting machine for sure.

Nah, tape them to the inside of a tri-folded piece of cardstock and all will be good. Still just would take a single stamp.

#4190 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OR you could get it Hydrocoated if you want to try something different There is many types of patterns, etc to choose from.

Now that is hot!

#4195 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Wow that would be great! Is it a chrome color paint? Thanks!

Check this out for comparison of 6 different spray paint "chrome" options (most don't do very well):

#4196 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m getting mine from pinrestore.com. I think they have very reasonable shipping costs inside the US.

Shipping is still $7 for a pack of $1.50 (10 rivets). Please realize that I am not complaining and I understand the cost of pinball, but if I could find someone who has a few they would be willing to sell me and mail for the cost of a postage stamp or two then I am all over that. I may very well end up forking over the shipping fees, but will probably figure out some other things to buy at the same time from Marcos to spread out the expense (although I really don't need anything).

#4202 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

would this work? Car Auto Mirror Chrome Silver Sheet Wrap Vinyl Sticker Film Air ebay.com link

Yes & No. Looks cool, but would be incredibly challenging. I doubt that anyone short of a pro could get it right. Granted, my only wrapping experience is from my recent Getaway venture (look a page or two back in this forum), but I think I did an above average job and wouldn't think about tackling wrapping the SC with chrome as it would have wrinkles all over the place.

#4203 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's your money but if it was me, I'd spend the 50 bucks for a new one and play around with the old one...

Ditto, that's what I did. At this point I've pretty much considered the old one scrap since I would have somehow completely strip the paint off and start over to make it look good again.

#4217 7 years ago

I found a dude on ebay a month or two ago that wanted to sell his SC cover for $100. When I told him I could buy them at multiple pinball suppliers for around $50 (gave him links) and offered him $40 for his, he stood firm and would not budge from $100. Waited until very end of sale and made offer again for $45, and he still would not budge.

Moral of the story: if you need one and can find a good price then buy it now because you never know when the well will run dry and you have to be held hostage to price when you really want it.

#4218 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I should have some bud. Let me get home and I'll check. You can have whatever I can find

Any luck finding some? If not, no biggie as I will just drop some more coin at Marcos.

#4230 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looks great. I'd buy a set if they were avail. Have any more Mr Tantrum?

If you would like to make your own, artwork is available for free download at www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

However, I realize that not everyone has the tools to do so, therefore I do offer on a case-by-case basis at modest prices to make them for people. Take a look at the site, and if you are interested in me making something for you just PM me with what you would like and we can take it from there.

#4231 7 years ago

Okay Getaway owners, I have literally spent all day working on my pin today for the last 14 hours. I was able to get a lot done and will share more tomorrow, but for now wanted to show off my back ramp flap repair. Instead of tubulars, I went with standard rivers that my neighbor had and am quite happy with the results (I know the purists will hate me for it).

A previous owner had decided to just bend the heck out of the ramp instead of replacing the flap. Thanks to grumpy712 who had recently upgraded to stainless flaps, so he was kind enough to send me his old ones for free. Now getting to the thing was quite the job, and required full SC removal. However, this was a good thing as it allowed me to give a thourough cleaning and waxing to the back of the pin which I had never done before.

So, I got the ramp out, drilled out the old rivets, straightened the ramp out, riveted the flap on, did several other upgrades, and finally just got it all back together.

I must say that the transition up the ramp is now so much smoother, quieter, and requires less speed to make it.

I did run into two issue, however. At first none of my SC features were working during play or in test (ramp lights, flashers, mags, etc.) After freaking out for about 10 minutes I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to plug the two harnesses in after I ran them through the playfield hole. Second, my SC is very slow. Upon inspection, during the removal/replacement wires had detached from two of the optos which I will fix tomorrow.

Anyway, here are pics and I will post pics of all my lighting mods tomorrow, which I think some of you will definitely like and may want to do on your own pin.

BTW, you will notice that my flaps are actually shiny silver. I did this by accident (but like it better than the blue steel) when I polished them with Mothers metal polish. I forget exactly what product I have, but can go look and post the name if anyone is interested.

IMG_0383 (resized).JPGIMG_0383 (resized).JPG
IMG_0384 (resized).JPGIMG_0384 (resized).JPG
IMG_0385 (resized).JPGIMG_0385 (resized).JPG
IMG_0386 (resized).JPGIMG_0386 (resized).JPG
IMG_0387 (resized).JPGIMG_0387 (resized).JPG

#4232 7 years ago

Thank you, and all you guys are too nice. I have a little Photoshop skill, so I just wanted to contribute in what little way I can since so many of you have helped me get to where I am with this hobby.

#4233 7 years ago

Well, after working nearly a full day on my pin yesterday, I thought I would share all of my most recent lighting mods. Hopefully, some of you will like at least some of them and this gives you some good ideas for your pin.

1) The left and right side green plastics

The longer I've owned this pin, the more annoying the dark spots under the green plastics have become, so I decided to finally do something about it. There are obvious dead spots like the don’t drink sign at bottom left and the deer at bottom right.

My solution was a couple of matrix components from Comet. To cover both side plastics I used 4 each of the following:

- 10 SMD Strip (Frosted Natural White): http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm
- 1 SMD 5050 Quick Connect Flex (#44/#47 Bayonet Frosted Natural White): http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm

As you can see, I replaced select GI bulbs under the plastics with the quick connect flex, attached a 10 SMD strip to it, then places in strategic locations. By doing this, I was able to maintain the original lighting locations plus significantly add to it. Now I'm just not sure what to do about the one unlit small triangle plastic directly in front of the Donut Heaven.

Left Side Before:
1.JPG1.JPG
Left Side After:
2.JPG2.JPG
Right Side Before:
3.JPG3.JPG
4.JPG4.JPG
Right Side During:
5.JPG5.JPG
Right Side After:
6.JPG6.JPG

2) The upper left loop red plastic

The darkness of the upper left of this pin has always bugged me, so while I had my supercharger out I thought I would give the plastics a nice polishing and try to light them up. Using 1 each of the same components from above, I applied the same principle and I think the results turned out great. Also, I did have to use a 3" Matrix extension in this area to position the strip where I wanted it.

7.JPG7.JPG
8.JPG8.JPG
9.JPG9.JPG
10.JPG10.JPG

3) My custom plastic above the left targets

Now that all my green plastics were well lit, my new custom target cover looked rather drab. I thought about how to illuminate it, but came up empty until I realized that I needed to take the SC off anyway for ramp repair and that a LED strip might work. So, again Comet Matrix to the rescue. I used the same two items as under the side plastics, and I think the result came out great.

There were a couple of challenges to overcome here. First, the only way I could see getting to this area was to remove the SC loop. Second, the strip had to be placed up against the back of the targets to yield best results. While normally not a problem, there is a gap in the SC ramp at the flap where the side is separated from the bottom. It just so happens that this is a direct line of site to 3 SMDs on the led strip I installed. To solve this, I remembered that I had some aluminum foil tape (real duct tape), so I cut a piece and ran it up the full side, around the gap, then to about half the bottom of the ramp. From the outside, the tape is completely invisible, matches the silver coloring of the ramp, and blocks the light from the LED strip that lights the plastic.

11.JPG11.JPG
12.JPG12.JPG
13.JPG13.JPG
In the pic below you can see what my aluminum foil tape looks like (lower right of inside of ramp). This is a must given how the light bleeding through the space was blinding.
14.JPG14.JPG

4) The hairpin turn

I’ve been wanting to light the hairpin turn, but have not seen anything that I really like. So, I came up with the idea of a theme that matches my custom hairpin turn sign . . . a flashing yellow caution light.

So, what I did was mount a wedge socket just behind the hairpin turn sign bracket, tied into the Matrix line I already installed for my police car light, inserted a quick flashing 6V bulb, and covered the bulb with a yellow lamp cover like is used in the SC sign. I really like how the results came out. At first, I thought the constant flash might bug me, but during gameplay the only time I actually notice it is when my ball hits the loop.

I posted a video both with and without my cop car for you to see how the light looks, and here are the components I used:

- Matrix Wedge socket with bracket: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/mtxsocket.htm
- Matrix 2 way splitter (since I already had another cable run to this point for my cop car: http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-2-and-3-Splitters-p/mtxsplit.htm
- 36” Matrix extension (for when I have to slide out or lift playfield): http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-Wires-p/mtxconnect.htm
- Fast Blinking #44/#47 Bayonet Natural White LED: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdfastblink.htm
- Yellow Silicone Lamp Cover: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8063-6

15.JPG15.JPG

Finally, here's a pic with everything installed an put back together. The pin is now a real light show. I realize this may bug some, but I absolutely love it! I am still going to add the red SMD strip to the inside of the SC and I have a couple of other things to fix, but now my next project will be the cabinet decals (not sure when I want to take this on, but I have the decals I ordered and they look great).

16.JPG16.JPG

#4237 7 years ago

One more thing that I discovered during all my work yesterday. While I thought of this myself when I was out in the garage on the fly, I don't know if I'm the first or not. I had several badly warped plastics, especially the ones with long skinny sections. I had the idea of using my heat gut to see if I could flatten these. Granted, while this was a spontaneous risk, it ended up working great. My process was as follows:

- Remove all screws, plastic posts, spacers, etc. from plastic you are working with
- Clean the plastic well with simply green or some other safe non-abrasive cleaner to remove any grease then with Novus 1 spray
- Get two clean flat boards to use to make a plastic sandwich
- Lay your plastic on one of the boards graphics side up and print side down (just like it appears on the playfield)
- Use your heat gun on low making quick small circular motions about 6 inches above the plastic
- Be sure to head evenly the entire section you wish to flatten
- Watch plastic closely and you will begin to see with your eye it flatting a little on its own (from my experience this took about 15-20 seconds) - when this happens, you are ready - DO NOT OVER HEAT!
- Place the second board on top of the plastic then firmly clamp on both ends and middle to apply even pressure
- Set the clamped assembly aside for about 5 minutes to cool
- Remove the clamps, take out the newly flattened plastic, reassemble (if required), and you are good to go to reinstall into pin

I really wish I had taken before and after pics as this make a huge difference for me, and I am so much happier with how several of my plastics look now without warps, bends, and tips poking up.

#4240 7 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

If not buying new, you could try a product like this (I know there are kits available).
» YouTube video

That is awesome, but cost just a tad bit more at 400+ British Pounds to get to US than the $50 for a SC cover (just sayin').

#4241 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Has anyone here upgraded their WPC Audio Board to a PinSound Board? These look interesting but I'm curious of the Getaway sound package they've created. I'm not sure if the cost is worth it but I'd love to hear how it sounds... some pins like T2 sound amazing.
» YouTube video
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=19&controller=product&id_lang=1

Was excited about the possibility when I first came across PinSound, but then I saw the price tag. For me, it is too expensive for what I am willing to spend on this pin for sound.

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey Mr Tantrum, would you be able to separate the images on your donut heaven file so that we would be able to print the people in the background and the cop cars separately ? Id like to try printing the people on colored film to put inside the building to replace the blue film that is currently inside and then do the exterior cars seperately.

What would be your format preference (PNG, JPEG, etc.)?

I can separate the elements and add to zip file on my download site.

#4264 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes the long frosted ones look better I think.

Yes, most definitely the white cool frosted ones as they diffuse the light much better, and the light looks much cleaner/brighter than the warm white.

#4265 7 years ago

No, definitely not warm unless you want it to look old style. I highly recommend natural (cool) white.

#4266 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Looks great. In your pics I can see you need new target foam, these can be changed without replacing the switch. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=410

Yes, thank you. I will have to put this on my next order.

#4267 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

This thread rocks! Was so close to selling my beautiful getaway, but had an awesome time playing yesterday and got second thoughts. Today i visited this thread after months and found so many ideas to spice up my machine that it's not going to leave soon
Started tonight with some decal goodnes from mr tantrum, thanks a lot buddy!
Going to order some more led strips and gi lights tomorrow! Definitely want to switch the GI back to white, do the hairpin lights and also fabricate the new plastics on top of the left traffic light targets. My machine is really beautiful, lots of flasher strips already installed but the GI is so darn dark, gonna change that!
So many creative ways to mod in this thread, thanks to everyone, really enjoying it
Cheers

Looks very nice, but you definitely need to brighten that baby up!

#4268 7 years ago

I decided to replace my regular post sleeves with thin silicone ones from Pinball Life http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4416 (Titan carries a version too, but I was already ordering from PL). I like the looks of them much better than the fat ones and they play great. Also, makes the game a little more challenging on missed SC hits where the ball goes part way up then comes back down. With regular sleeves it always catches the ball and routes it into the right flipper. However, the thin ones do not catch as many balls and thus you are at greater risk of draining down the center when you hit a bad shot.

I also decided to go to all red where I had red, yellow, and green previously. I ordered all 3 colors in case I change my mind in the new thins, but I'm in a red mood (must be Christmas).

IMG_0418.JPGIMG_0418.JPG

#4272 7 years ago

Just finished my last mod of the weekend after receiving the LED strip recommended by MustangPaul from China. Borrowed from MP, this is a cool mod for lighting up the inside of the supercharger. I believe he connected his to the left SC flasher, but I chose to connect to the center flasher which is referred to as "supercharger" in menu. This flasher blinks everytime the ball makes a SC loop.

To install, I cut the strip to length, applied double sided tape to the back, cut tape to width of strip, adhered to SC loop, and then tapped into middle flasher on SC. In my case, I soldered alligator clips to the wires on the LED strip and was able to securely clip on the existing wires/leads where they were soldered to the contacts on the circuit board of the middle SC flasher. this way the job is not permenant and easily detachable if I need to remove/work on SC for any reason.

IMG_0419.JPGIMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0420.JPGIMG_0420.JPG

Here is a video to see it in action:

#4273 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks Mr T. whatever format is easiest to print on a standard desktop. I dont know a lot about computer formats.

Just added isolated cop cars (both types), patrons (regular and reversed), and white brick to Donut Heaven file on site for download: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

This thread rocks! Was so close to selling my beautiful getaway, but had an awesome time playing yesterday and got second thoughts. Today i visited this thread after months and found so many ideas to spice up my machine that it's not going to leave soon
Started tonight with some decal goodnes from mr tantrum, thanks a lot buddy!
Going to order some more led strips and gi lights tomorrow! Definitely want to switch the GI back to white, do the hairpin lights and also fabricate the new plastics on top of the left traffic light targets. My machine is really beautiful, lots of flasher strips already installed but the GI is so darn dark, gonna change that!
So many creative ways to mod in this thread, thanks to everyone, really enjoying it
Cheers

BTW, I think some pins are created to have darker playfields and they look great that way. However, IMHO, Getaway is not one of those. It already has a good light show and brightening it up just adds that much more to the overall experience.

#4275 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

That's all Mr Tantrum. He provided a waterslide decal that worked perfect. I had never used one so it took me like three tries to get it right. Next, thanks to him, I'll put a brick decal on the front of the shop then apply the patrol cars on top of the bricks for some depth to the mod.
I too used Comet matrix lighting under my plastics. I also could not decide which bumper body and cap to go with. I tend to go a bit over board....

Now those are some funny pics! Looks like you're all set for about 10 pins or so.

#4276 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I need to do that to mine. The lever isn't in the middle position, it's always down so I have to look into that too. Beatmaster is making me his shooter plate light up so when that comes would be a good time to look into that problem.

I've seen pics of that mod before, and it looks cool. Please post pics of yours when you get it installed. Should look great with your leg light mod.

#4279 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Please send me the link and the info to get this done. I would live to do this to my getaway

Here are links:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/77#post-3439918

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/78#post-3440558

FYI, they were cheap enough, so I bought 2 just to be on the safe side since they are coming from China.

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I want to give a big shout out to Mr Tantrum. If he wanted to he could make some side coin doing these things for us.
I wanted to keep the Donut Heaven building but add a little bit more life to it. So I put patrol cars outside and the patrons on the inside. It's just about right.
Thanks man!

BTW, meant to ask something . . . can't you run the wire from the light up from the bottom instead of through the roof to get rid of that bulge? Personally, I would do this and cover the wires with white electrical tape up against the back inside wall of the DH. Other option would be to cut/melt/Dremmel a slot just below the back center roof line and route wire through from outside that to prevent bulge.

#4281 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

theonlyest tell me about the box fan. You added that, right? I don't have one. Where I think I need cooling is in the back box. Gets warm back there.

Uhm, why do I not see any power wires coming out of that fan you installed next to the power supply? I assume that is some version of a standard 5V computer fan?

#4283 7 years ago

Would love to offer you my extra one I ended up not using, but would cost me a lot more than $3.80 with shipping to get to you. Actually, I was kind of surprised as it took right at 3 weeks (21 days) from the time I ordered to arrive - much quicker than expected.

#4284 7 years ago

One more thing, and I am done for the night. I don't mean to dominate this thread with all of my postings, but hopefully I've had some meaningful/positive things to offer. I did a ton of mods this weekend, figuratively speaking, and just wanted to share with everyone since I have gotten so many great ideas myself from others here.

Also, it is great to see both brand new and reawakened posters to the Getaway club thread recently. I realize for several of you this may just be one of many pins you own, but for me this is my first and only at this point. I'm having a great time learning about pinball, putting my personal touches on my machine, and spending time in the forums. Once I finish everything on this pin that I want to do then I'll mellow out a little, but when my next pin acquisition occurs then I'm sure members of that forum had better watch out!

#4293 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not the same, still to wide and not enough leds per inch.

FYI, I tested these (your original strip) on 6v by connecting to GI socket and they worked well. A little dimmer, but still acceptly bright to me given density of SMDs.

#4298 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mr T, perhaps it's just the photo but am I seeing your wire form ramp coming from the hair pin turn correctly? It looks like you have the top inserted into the bottom holes

That's a keen observation, and thank you for saying something . . . I am still such a newb! Case of good at taking things apart, but not so good putting back together. Funny thing is that when I first played after getting it all reassembled I felt something was not right about the hairpin tun even though it worked, but I could not put my finger on it.

Update: Just got it fixed, much better now.

#4299 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Does Comet nbot carry something like this?

No, they do not. The key is how thin this strip is so that it does not interfere with the ball. Also, the density of the SMDs is important to the appearance.

#4306 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No.

It's not a matter of thinness it's how narrow the strip is. Most strips are 1/4 inch wide while these are 1/8 inch wide. But they are a bit thinner but not much.

Okay literalist, by thin I meant width not depth.

#4314 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I'm working on some ideas for lighting mods. I have (3) Comet Matrix 4 SMD post lights (Natural White) to add under the two gauges and the speed limit sign. My plan is to also add a Matrix 10 SMD strips light (Purple) to the outer edge of the two gauges. With some fun tack or some sort of removable adhesive, I was going to place the strip on edge and shine it toward the RPM area of the playfield, mounting it on the level above the slings. I chose purple since the modded strip lights under the supercharger and in the ball drain trough are already purple (modded from previous owner). That's my plan for now. Unsolicited plug: Comet Pinball, http://www.cometpinball.com/, has been great to deal with.

I used spots with UV bulbs on top of slings, but your idea would be interesting to see. Comet is the greatest!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4317 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have two double spots that I took off the gauges. To me, I just didn't like them sticking up there. So I'm trying to come up with something less visible. YMMV.

My main desire was to glow the orange in the center medallion and the 1-5 gear text. While a single spot doesn't seem to get in my way visually, I'm not so sure what a double would do. Also, I'm not sure that a non-direction LED strip would light up the areas I want.

#4322 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey Mr T, any luck on this ?

Yes, just redownload the file from my site and the separated images are included.

#4324 7 years ago

Made some minor changes/improvements (IMHO) to my apron cards that are free for everyone to download and print themselves: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

GetawayCard1.jpgGetawayCard1.jpg

GetawayCard2.jpgGetawayCard2.jpg

#4326 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those look great. The trick to the apron cards is to print them bigger, big enough so they cover the slots on the apron. Then buy the flexable magnetic stuff, cut it to the size of the bigger cards and glue the cards on to them. It works and looks great.

Now that's a great idea!

#4329 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well thanks again to Mr T for the brick decal. I'm happy with the additions to the donut heaven and now it's time to finish waxing this sexy bitch and take her for another ride!

Look'n good. Also, can't tell from the two pics, but did you get rid of the roof bulge by re-running the wiring (sort of looks like you did)?

#4330 7 years ago

Added a third card to the download file as an option.

GetawayCard1c.jpgGetawayCard1c.jpg

#4333 7 years ago

Great, now my mean hard@$$ reputation is ruined.

In all seriousness, and as I've stated before, being new to this hobby I knew very little but needed to learn much. Everyone in this forum has been welcoming, generous, and extremely helpful. I just want to my part in whatever way I can to help others like I was helped.

Sure, when I'm told about how someone is wanting to do something nice for their young grandson, I melt like butter when asked to help. I think about what an awesome experience something like this would have been for me as a child, and I want to help make it special (I also want to adopt you as my Grandpa!). Pinball is something that lets me spend time together with my son, and that can be nothing but a good thing when families are brought together.

Well, enough of the mushy stuff from me for now.

#4336 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Man talk about some GREAT posts!!! Thanks guys.

. . . and his heart grew three sizes that day.

#4339 7 years ago

Is the metal post that stops the balls when trapped for multi-ball (ie under donut heaven/metal bracket at right of pin) supposed to have a rubber tip on it? Mine is bare metal which seems a little harsh. If a cap is normal, can someone please point me to the correct part?

#4347 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

More fun with Fun Tack. Added 3 cars from my Hot Wheels/Matchbox collection.

I used to have a 200+ Hot Wheels/Matchbox mint condition collection until I went to college only to return home for the fist time to find that my mom had sold my 3 prized possessions in a garage sell: Hot Wheels, Baesball Card collection, and all of my Legos. And if things weren't bad enough, my brother had taken over my room and his new dog bit me as soon as I stepped foot in the house.

#4348 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Now you went and done it... Crossed the line... Over the top... I prayed you wouldn't, but I knew it would happen eventually... And here we are... You have joined the ranks of the "guys who added a toy Ferrari to a Lamborghini themed game". AND a Deuce Coupe?! All your respect and credibility in this club has been removed sir, and I strongly suggest that you redeem yourself, STAT!!

I must admit that I think the Ferrari point is quite valid. Anyone who can't differentiate their early 90's Italian supercars (or even clearly different period Lambos) is at risk of losing their man card. The worst offenders are those alternate back glasses (sorry if you have one, but somebody needs to speak truth). They completely clash with the game, and it is not that hard to find good pics of period Diablos as it is an iconic vehicle, so I'm not sure what the artists rationales are for using Ferrari pics (assuming dudes designed them).

Ultimately, it's your pin and you have every right to do with it what you want. However, the community also has the right to shame, disgrace, and humble you whenever you do something that crosses the line. After all, if we didn't care about you then we would just leave you to your own devices. Also, before any of you snowflakes either cries, assumes the fetal position, or goes into a rant, this entire post was authored with tongue firmly planted in cheek (well, at least some of it was).

#4350 7 years ago

Check your date on the Getaway release, as you are a decade early (1992, not 1982).

While I don't sit on the Supreme Court of Getaway judges, I accept your defense of the coupe given your cogent argument. Your.man card has been reinstated understanding that prosecution could appeal to a higher court.

#4361 7 years ago

The apron magnets are a cool idea, and I like the way he ties the artwork in on all of them.

I also notice you have a video mod on the left. What do you think about it, and can you mod video at all?

#4364 7 years ago

Do upper and lower behave the same? If just lower, with playfield down look into cab and see if any obstructions (wires, etc.)

#4371 7 years ago

Pin themed key chains look like a pretty simple DIY. Currently I switched mine out for keyless mech since I seem to be in and out so much. However, if I had a few US buyers lined up I would be happy to order the parts and make some for around $5 +shipping. I could do square with Getaway backglass image or round with center tach logo/medallion. Would just need 4 or 5 who were interested to make it break even for me. I guess I could do other pins if you Getaway owners want to outfit your collection, but I don't want to make it a business or completely steal the Aussie's idea.

#4373 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Pin themed key chains look like a pretty simple DIY. Currently I switched mine out for keyless mech since I seem to be in and out so much. However, if I had a few US buyers lined up I would be happy to order the parts and make some for around $5 +shipping. I could do square with Getaway backglass image or round with center tach logo/medallion. Would just need 4 or 5 who were interested to make it break even for me. I guess I could do other pins if you Getaway owners want to outfit your collection, but I don't want to make it a business or completely steal the Aussie's idea.

Here's an idea of what they could look like.

keychain_sqr.pngkeychain_sqr.png

keychain_rnd.pngkeychain_rnd.png

#4383 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Definitely worth the $50..

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

#4387 7 years ago

For those of you not familiar with ZZ Top (the group responsible for the theme song of our Getaways), the irony of it all is that the only member without a beard (the drummer) is Frank Beard.

#4396 7 years ago

Just set my high score, and earned super jackpot for the first time ever. Sad part for me is that my game is set to 5 balls, but after hitting 300 million on my 3rd ball I pretty much drained the next two.

IMG_0491 (resized).JPGIMG_0491 (resized).JPG

#4404 7 years ago

If I can get 10 people to commit to buying a mountain from me for $150 then I would be glad to buy a 3D printer, design a mountain, and make them for you. If they are really in demand then why doesn't the original creator make another batch? Sounds like a cash cow . . . just sayin'.

BTW, I am not really serious about reproducing these since I don't personally care for them (not to mention getting sued, or at least being on the receiving end of a cease and desist letter), but if anyone wishes to contribute to my 3D printer fund then I'm not too proud to accept your donations.

#4407 7 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm looking to sell my grey mountain mod and want to see what the interest is. PM me if interested.

I know "to each his own", but kind of looks like the Blob is invading the Getaway (I am glad that the mountain was nixed from the original design). However, I know these are a desirable commodity for some, but whoever buys this should at least have painting skills to make it match the overall theme.

#4408 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

What am I missing here?
Also, during the begining of Multiball, all balls get released at once. Is there supposed to be a delay for each individual one?

Just noticed these white screw caps for the first time. Does anyone have these on their pin, what are they called, do they come in different colors? Don't know if I like them or not yet, but thought I would ask.

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I like the mod, to me, mods are all about tasteful enhancements and can easily be over done and in this case, I prefer the painted one over the antiqued one; however, as I've always said, mods are subjective. This one was only nixed from production because of the costs and probably would have been left in if they weren't trying to bring down the costs.
As for the hobby, it once was a market driven by operators selling their worn out, outdated pins after they had been paid for and they made back their ROI or they needed to move on to something that would earn better... today with all the HUO pins people try to sell them for more than they paid or expect to get all their money back including upgrades. People are free to ask whatever they want when selling a pin or parts, doesn't mean they will get it but in todays out of control market with Stern & JJ getting 10-15k for a NIB nothing would surprise me.

I'm not criticizing anyone for their taste, it is subjective after all, but if I were to have a mountain mod I would follow after yours. The color scheme definitely matches the theme better and your custom plastic with snow tops it off. I also think those who have kept the original plastic and lit it looks better.

Another observation - blue caps on the SC, that's a creative change. Do you like them better than red? I ended up changing out all of my star posts this weekend from red/yellow/green to just red, and am happier with it now. Kind of fun to change things up on the pin every now and then.

#4414 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Action pinball sells these in black and white. Just look up rubber caps at their website. Some people like them for the ease of removing plastics when nedded.

Thanks. After checking them out, don't think I would be interested. Didn't know if they had different colors or chrome or something. Also, many of the plastics require screws and not nuts. The non-uniformity would drive me crazy of having these in some spots but not others.

#4426 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I might find the metal left drain lane ball guide? Mine is missing, and some previous owner installed a metal rail in its place. Rail is functional, but if I can pickup the right part for cheap then I would do so.

#4428 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone know where I might find the metal left drain lane ball guide? Mine is missing, and some previous owner installed a metal rail in its place. Rail is functional, but if I can pickup the right part for cheap then I would do so.

Thanks to those Pinsiders who replied. I now have the proper lane guide on its way to my house. Stopped by Ace Hardware and bought the little pieces I will need. Only issue is that the closest spacers I could find are off-white vinyl 3/16 (assuming these will be close enough to the 5/32 without causing issues). Will probably see if I can color them black with marker or paint (depending upon how it looks). I'm assuming originals were metal? Can someone please post a nice close up of the two standoffs for the thin part of the guide that runs parallel to the side of the cabinet?

#4440 7 years ago

Welcome to the club, you two (DB62 & RONB).

Dan, the pin looks great! It's been fun helping you, and nice to finally see the pics . . . you have a great looking machine! Also, I just have to say, what a great grandpa. I've had a great experience with my 13 year old son working and playing together with my Getaway (first pin for me, ever). In addition to spending time together, we give each other a hard time about who's better, do a little trash talking, then of course dad has to show him who the pinball boss is (well, most of the time). Anything that brings a family together and builds those relationships is a good thing. I'm sure that your grandson will remember this for the rest of his life, and probably tell his friends and family long after we're all gone about how he loved his grandpa, and how special this Christmas was for him.

#4441 7 years ago

Did you know that you can put a custom message on the DMD that will display as part of the attract mode loop? It is in the menu system, so you should have it say something personalized for your grandson. It is kind of a pain the way you have to do it, but with a little patience it adds a personalized touch.

#4442 7 years ago

Not to toot my own horn, but I have to say that even though I've never been a big fan of the Donut Heaven mod, the more of them I see with the personal touches incorporating some of the art I created, the more I like them. Personally, I would have never thought of doing this, but I think the graphics (patrons, brick, cars, etc.) adds a lot to the overall look of the mod.

#4443 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

They're called "post caps", they were replaced by nylon acorn caps in the mid 80's and those were replaced by nylock nuts in the late 80's. No pinball company has used them since the early 80's, and they dont belong in a Getaway or any other modern SS pinball machine.
But if you can't help yourself from changing virtually every last element of your game... Go nuts at Titan... https://www.titanpinball.com/image/cache/catalog/Silicone%20Rings/Post%20Caps-800x800.jpg

Do I detect a pinball purist (not that there's anything wrong with that)? While I am going to pass on the post caps, your opinions, knowledge, and expertise are always appreciated . . . thanks professor.

BTW, I know that it is difficult to convey intent in these short posts, but I am being sincere in my comments and in no way sarcastic when I express my appreciation (albeit, in real life I can be a fairly sarcastic person - just ask my wife). I am still very new to this hobby, and I appreciate others taking their time to share insights and experiences to teach me more about it.

#4444 7 years ago

Question: What happens when you can't sleep and wake up at 3:00am on Christmas Eve?

Answer: You spend hours on Pinside passing the wee hours of the morning, and post 5 times in a row in the Getaway thread.

We'll, I'm done for the morning at getting ready for our annual Christmas road trip. I hope it has been a great year for all of you Getaway owners. I am appreciative and thankful for many things. Even though pinball is rather superfluous when compared to what really matters in life, I am also grateful for being able to get into this hobby this year and having so much fun with my Getaway. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all my Pinside friends who have helped me along the way.

#4496 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

One more pic ...

Looks like a natural. Before you know or he'll have all the high score spots filled with his initials.

#4505 7 years ago

I think I am going to go ahead and buy 10 of the square keychains since I need to place an Amazon order.

PM me if you are interested in one for $5 + postage (I'll have to figure cheapest way to mail). If I can get 4 or 5 to commit then I can lower the price a buck. Also, if you have more than one pin and are interested then let me know I can work up some mockups then mail together.

Clear Acrylic
1 3/8" x 1 3/8" photo size
I will have photo showing on both front and back (or I can do something else on back if someone has a good idea)
keychain.jpgkeychain.jpg

#4506 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Here's a video showing the leds both before and after the game locks up. It's a long video so just scroll to around the 1:30 or 1:40 mark to see it change
» YouTube video

Did you ever figure this out? I don't have much to offer, and while probably not the issue, didn't you rewire the power supply recently? Are you positive all of the connections are still good and nothing came loose?

#4507 7 years ago

Have any of you guys purchased/installed a PIN2DMD? I don't want to drop $400 for a ColorDMD, but tempted to go for color at around $250. I know that ColorDMD already has fully colorized that I would have to invest who knows how many hours to replicate on PIN2DMD, but I'm always up for learning something new.

#4510 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I bought a complete ribbon set. It should arrive soon so we'll see if that helps.

Not to be discouraging, but I have a hard time believing ribbon cable would just go bad if you had not been messing with it. Been in PC business since the 80's, and can't remember ever having a ribbon cable go bad that wasn't DOA or jacked from mishandling. However, I also don't recall ever having to work with 25 year old cables either, so I suppose it is possible they decayed.

#4519 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think I am going to go ahead and buy 10 of the square keychains since I need to place an Amazon order.
PM me if you are interested in one for $5 + postage (I'll have to figure cheapest way to mail). If I can get 4 or 5 to commit then I can lower the price a buck. Also, if you have more than one pin and are interested then let me know I can work up some mockups then mail together.
Clear Acrylic
1 3/8" x 1 3/8" photo size
I will have photo showing on both front and back (or I can do something else on back if someone has a good idea)

I have 2 takers thus far, which leaves me with 7 more openings (1 for me in the order of 10, of course). I'm not looking to make money on this deal, rather, to just cover my expenses. If I can get 5 more commits (can be a Getaway or something else if you like) then I will set the price to $3 + shipping (envelope + stamp: still trying to figure out cheapest way for this).

#4526 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Got it. But when you go there, don't you feel like you're cheating, since Secret Mania is not part of the standard rule set?

Not sure that finding an Easter Egg is cheating as long as you are playing just for fun (don't know if this still occurs on Tourney mode or not). Also, I've seen and heard many comment how it is not worth it at 500K per event vs. taking the extra risk of draining the ball (or just slow playing it to the point that you don't really earn much).

#4527 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

They shipped today. Brett included the other key ring at no charge.

Those look cool, and gives me an idea for mine - customized initials on the DMD. I'll have to see if I can find/create a full backbox graphic to make this happen.

As stated before, I have no intention of stealing Brett's idea or trying to sell these in mass to compete against him. I wanted to make my own but had to buy a minimum of 10 blank keychains, so I thought I would share with others instead of letting them just sit around. I have no intention to take mine outside of this thread, nor offer any more if/when I move the 7 left that are not spoken for yet.

#4529 7 years ago

Okay, here is my new design. This was created fully with photos that I took of my Getaway. Still will have to play with personalization.

keychain_sqr.pngkeychain_sqr.png

#4531 7 years ago

To start with, I've always wondered what those devices are for as I've not once had a reset issue with my Getaway. So, I guess they are good for screwing up your pin.

Next, I bought my replacement cables from Pinball Life (the old ones worked, but we're so nasty I hated touching since they turned my hands black). I too freaked out when I had very similar issue to what you are explaining. My issue ended up being that I was off one row on the pins with the new connector on one of the cables. This is fairly easy to do since the boards don't have guides. I would suggest you replace one at a time ensuring pin 1 is in correct location each time and 100% positive that all ribbon cable is placed correctly on both rows. Test after each and see what happens.

Also, cable connectors come in all colors and typically don't signify anything (there are some exceptions to this, but pin outs are also different). I assume just depends upon cable maker and what they have access to

#4535 7 years ago

I will offer it both ways. Simple enough since I am only making a handful.

#4536 7 years ago

FYI, I found a shifter assembly in a parts thread if anyone needs one. Guy is asking $125.

#4537 7 years ago

Okay, my keychain designs are finalized, and I have 3 options with choice of front and back (can be the same or different).

Option 1 (BGO): Backglass Only
Option 2 (SPW): Backglass + Speaker Panel with Williams DMD
Option 3 (DMD): Backglass + Speaker Panel with Custom display (I will make this whatever you want)

If interested please PM me with selections for BOTH front and back (they can be the same or different).

For example: Front = SPW, Back = DMD (ABC)

As a reminder, I have 7 left available and current price is set at $5 + shipping (will figure this out soon). However, I will lower price with more commitments. FYI, SPW and DMD are created from real photos of my backbox (minus the custom DMD, of course).

KC_BGO.jpgKC_BGO.jpg

KC_SPW.jpgKC_SPW.jpg

Option 3 (DMD): Backglass + Speaker Panel with Custom DMD (I will make this whatever you want - well, no vulgarities please)
KC_DMD.jpgKC_DMD.jpg

#4545 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, my keychain designs are finalized, and I have 3 options with choice of front and back (can be the same or different).
Option 3 (DMD): Backglass + Speaker Panel with Custom display (I will make this whatever you want)
If interested please PM me with selections for BOTH front and back (they can be the same or different).
For example: Front = SPW, Back = DMD (ABC)
As a reminder, I have 7 left available and current price is set at $5 + shipping (will figure this out soon). However, I will lower price with more commitments. FYI, SPW and DMD are created from real photos of my backbox (minus the custom DMD, of course).

Option 3 (DMD): Backglass + Speaker Panel with Custom DMD (I will make this whatever you want - well, no vulgarities please)

5 are spoken for, 5 left if anyone is interested.

#4546 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

5 are spoken for, 5 left if anyone is interested.

4 keychains left

#4551 7 years ago

Okay, final price is set for keychains at $7. I am going to charge $3 per keychain + $3 for shipping + $1 for padded envelope (should be able to ship up to 3 keychains at the $4 rate due to small weight difference). All in excluding anything for printing materials (paper & ink), my gas to the post office, and my time, I'm clearing less than $2 per keychain which should cover all these things (well, I'm donating my time - I assure you that I'm not that cheap).

For those of you who PM'd me, I will be sending confirmation today and/or tomorrow along with payment info. Goal will be to have everyone's keychains in mail on January 3rd.

I still have 3 left, so please PM me as soon as you can if you are interested.

#4552 7 years ago

Keychains are made and ready to mail. I still have 3 more I can make if anyone is interested.

Keychains.jpgKeychains.jpg

#4555 7 years ago

And here is my keychain in action.

2 more keychain spots left if there are any additional takers. $7 shipped to continental US (I will ship outside US too, but will have to calculate custom rate).

GetawayKeychain.jpgGetawayKeychain.jpg

#4569 7 years ago

Well, I already set my new high score in 2017 - 456,835,890! Full disclosure, I have pretty much default settings except I've moved the left drain post to the easiest position, play 5 balls, and free ball is set to 75 million (makes it easier for everyone to play). Even so, it is fun getting so far in the game.

IMG_0501.JPGIMG_0501.JPG

#4570 7 years ago

In posting my score, this begs the question if people really score in the billions on this game? High score is 6+ billion on 3 balls. My machine was malfunctioning electrically when I first got it and I had scores in the billions, but I find it really hard that something like this is legit. Maybe I'm just a skeptical newbie, but thought I would ask the community what they thought.

#4575 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i'd say you need to investigate.

My scores are typically in the 30-100 million range. I am talking about all the high scores posted on Pinside for Getaway. Not sure if anything can be done to verify these or not. I just wish/hope these were all accurate so that one could actually measure themselves score wise against the rest of the community.

#4584 7 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

"Bro, do you even Pinball?" has a pair of episodes on HS2 with brief tutorials on YouTube if you search. I think one has dmd camera issues which hurts though. Anyway, not PAPA level tutorials so I'm not sure if they'll help with scoring much, but IMO worth watching for all their games/episodes if you haven't. I love their videos.

Ditto to this, helped me.

#4589 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The beacon is attached from the underside, inside the back box with wing nuts.

Yes, you loosen the wingnuts from inside the backbox and then you can lift and rotate the metal tabs on top that secure the beacon.

#4593 7 years ago

I keep seeing checkered flag flipper bat mod ads at the bottom of these pages. Not to disparage anyone who has them on their pin, but Getaway is not a racing themed game IMHO. Rather, it is a street driving/police chase game, so not sure how checkered flag works with the theme. However, this does beg the question of what bat mod would match the theme? Personally, I'm good with white bats and red bands (I do have a yellow on top right bat).

#4599 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

There is a certain member on this board that feels that pins should only be tastefully and minimally upgraded.

There are plenty of purists in pinball, and I get that. There is beauty and value to keeping something original and working/playing with it as it was originally designed. However, there are also those who like to customize to differentiate, cater to their own taste, and "improve" upon the original design. Both are valid approaches and up to the owner what they would like to do.

Not 100% the same, but just look at cars. Classic cars with matching serials and restored to look like they did when they came off the assembly line can be beautiful and extremely desirable & valuable. Conversely, upgrade an engine, custom interior, custom paint, new wheels, etc. on the right car, and you can also have a uniquely desirable and valuable vehicle as well. Like cars, it appears that pinball machines can reflect some of the creativeness and artistry of their owners, so I say to everyone do whatever you like to your machine even though some will love it, some will hate it, and many will just be indifferent.

Sure, trick things up too much or do something tacky, and you've just greatly limited your market for new buyers (kind of like the house I looked at one time that had electric blue counter tops in the kitchen - the owner loved them but couldn't figure out why his house had been on the marked for nearly two years without an offer). However, if you do things in such a way that you can revert back, or if you just don't care and plan on letting your beneficiaries deal with it after you are gone, then I say go for it.

#4602 7 years ago

Look at the supercharger ramp sign. The yellow and red lights are swapped (redline mania on left).

#4604 7 years ago

That is really cool, love all the red lighting. I also really like the clear bolts (didn't know there was such a thing).

#4611 7 years ago

I had no idea a previous owner had hacked my left ball drain guide until another on the forum was asking something about it, and when I looked at mine I realized I had a completely different part (just a wire guide). Pinside to the rescue as I was able to source the part and just finished install. Was more difficult than I thought as I had to drill out a hole that had a busted screw in it, had to fill another hole and paint, and I could not find metal spacers locally, but I came up with the idea of covering nylon ones with aluminum foil tape (seems to do the job just fine).

Life is so much better when things are right with your pinball machine!

IMG_4540.JPGIMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4541.JPGIMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4542.JPGIMG_4542.JPG

#4613 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Mr T are any of theee pics "before" pics? I can't see what the original issue was. Looks good now though.

Above are all after pics. However, before pics are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/62#post-3334320

#4614 7 years ago

Well, I finally got around to attempting my first cabinet decal. I purchased an entire set a couple of months ago from a Pinsider who also does graphics professionally at an exceptional cost. I found him by Googling around one time, and discovered him on VP forums where he offers custom cabinet art printing. He doesn't really advertise, but as I've stated before in this thread he does excellent work, is a pinhead himself, and offers terrific pricing for cabinet decals as his way of giving back to the pinball community. If anyone is interested, you may PM me and I will provide his email address.

On to my experience . . .

I'm not a lazy person, but the thought of disassembling my Getaway, getting it downstairs and back up again, along with all the other headache is not appealing to me in order to redo the cabinet art. However, my Getaway really needs it due to fading, and instead of red most of the graphics are hot pink now. So, I've researched, watched videos, practiced techniques, etc. and am going to do my pin in place where it is upstairs in the game room. I'm doing minor disassembly as needed (bolts and anything else to get to a flat surface), repairing edges/holes, sanding, cleaning, repainting edges, painting bold heads, etc. as part of the decal process.

This morning I completed the right side of the backbox for my first efforts, and the results are outstanding to me. First of all, the graphics are printed on extremely high quality, opaque (under graphics will not bleed through - I can't even see light from flashlight when placed directly behind the vinyl), clear laminated, non-bubbling vinyl. The material is awesome to work with, and when it sticks it is on for good. The exact material is something called Orajet Digital Printing Media with Rapid Air technology (at least that is printed on backing). Anyway, I can't speak highly enough of the quality of product or the Pinsider that produced it for me (I provided him the artwork, and he did the rest).

As is often the case, the pics don't show as well as seeing it in real life. The old colors are very pink and dull. The new colors are vivid and red, the blacks are deep, and the clear laminate gives it a very nice glossy appearance. Yes you will see some minor imperfections due to the fact that I'm not doing a full cabinet restore (these are minor surface prep issues, and not bubbles as it seems nearly impossible to trap a bubble in this stuff). Oddly enough, you can see these better in the photographs (especially when zooming) than what you see live. My goal here was to redo the graphics with minimal effort that achieves very good results. I am confident that my work will be quite good, and while not as perfect as those who do full disassembles and cabinet restorations, there will be nothing that will detract from the look and quality of the cabinet when I am finished.

B&A-1.jpgB&A-1.jpg
B&A-2.jpgB&A-2.jpg

#4616 7 years ago

Just finished left side of backbox, and it looks even better than the right (fewer imperfections on the surface). Although, in addition to the 4 brace bolts, I had to also remove the light board assembly from the backbox since it also had 4 bolts. Not too difficult as I just left it connected, but removed it from the mounts and laid face down on the glass while I performed the work. Sorry, no pics this time as that side is up against the wall. I must say, however, it does get easier with experience.

#4628 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mr_Tantrum...
The artwork looks slightly different from "before / original". I do like the bright reds in the "After" version. Can you let us know why the change, from the original artwork?

My original artwork is very faded and pink. Even though in some photos my graphics can appear fairly red, in real life they look more like bubble gum color. With all the upgrades I've done with bright LEDs, apron art, blade art, vinyl wrap, etc. the cabinet just looks sad compared to the rest of the machine, so I wanted to give it a refresh.

The artwork I have are not licensed graphics, but a well done representation from a Pinsider. Therefore, the design is slightly different than original, but close enough for me to be quite happy with it. You may download from my site if you wish to look at it more closely to compare to original graphics: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball. In my mind, it was close enough and finding artwork to be done by my printer of choice instead of buying from advertised offerings that were out there (significantly more expensive) was quite challenging.

If you are looking for a perfect graphics match, then you will need to go somewhere else (and pay significantly more). However, if you are looking for a very nice representation that is professionally printed on high quality laminated media, then the combination of the artwork I have along with the printer who produced the graphics is a great choice. Everyone has to make their own quality/value decision based upon what they like and how much they wish to spend.

As a FYI, these pics show the pinkishness & fading of my current graphics pretty well (I've not yet replaced these, but they are on the schedule to do so).

getaway.jpggetaway.jpg
getaway2.jpggetaway2.jpg

#4630 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Mine are very pink as well. The set I have will work I am sure, but my OCD always kicks in.

I would say that if you are willing to spend the premium bucks, then by all means get what you want and what you will be happy with in the long-term. You might even defer the cost if you take some good pics and put your current decal set up for sale.

#4638 7 years ago

Thought I would give an update on doing my cabinet decals. If you recall, I am doing the pin in place without a full breakdown or restore. Tonight after work I was able to get almost all the prep work done for putting on the decals tomorrow.

To begin with, I had to remove all the bolts for the backbox hinges, inside rail guides, top rails, lockdown bar, shifter, and coin door. Some where a little more difficult to remove than others, but I was able to clean them all and gave all the bolt heads a couple of fresh coats of gloss black paint. I must say that removing the top rails was a major pain. I probably spent an hour with a hammer and metal putty knife having to dislodgge the old tape inch-by-inch that holds the rails on. My forearms are sore, and I can barely type this post!

Next step was to sand everything. I have a basic B&D pad sander which I used with 220 grit, and it did a great job. After sanding, I vacuumed all surfaces, then wiped with damp rag, then after it tried I went over every surface twice with a tape style lent brush to pick up any remnant dust that may have been left behind. Finally, I put a coat of gloss black enamel around all the edges.

I still have to clean up one of the rails since the old tape is stuck to it, but it is quite a task, and I'm tired. The only way I could get anywhere with the other one is to use a heat gun to warm up about a 4 inch section at a time then slowly peel the tape away. This didn't work completely, so afterwards I scraped with a putty knife then used citrus solvent to wipe away the majority of the remaining stickiness.

Shots taken before I began stripping down the cabinet.

IMG_0508.JPGIMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0509.JPGIMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0511.JPGIMG_0511.JPG

Here you can see what the red originally looked like covered by the legs as compared to the faded pink color everywhere else.

IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0514.JPG

This is the cabinet stripped down and sanded. You can see that my cabinet is the style with the original white laminate with stenciled graphics on top. This stuff is fully stuck to the wood and does not come off without sanding. However, I just sanded the surface smooth and did not worry about getting down to bare wood, since my decals will not allow for any bleed through.
IMG_0517.JPGIMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0518.JPG

Cabinet with all the edges, holes, and most of the front painted with gloss black enamel.
IMG_0519.JPGIMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
2,376 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Mr_Tantrum. You are on page 2 of 10.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/2?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.