• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 92 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 268 votes by 267 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 198.
#1401 3 years ago

I put a strip in the supercharger loop and hooked it up to the right one of the 3 flashers. The whole trough lights up red as the ball runs around. In the last picture the strip on the bottom is the one I used. Because it's so narrow it won't interfere with the ball. It gives the illusion the trough is turning red hot from the ball going around so fast....well that's what I tell myself any way.

IMGA0903.jpg

IMGA0905.jpg

IMGA0906.jpg

IMGA0904.jpg

IMGA0888.jpg

#1402 3 years ago

I don't believe there are any specific to the supercharger only.

Paul, that's sounds cool, would like to see video!

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Paul, that's sounds cool, would like to see video!

It really does look cool but I have no way to put vid up, I'm to low tech.

#1404 3 years ago

I thought about doing the same thing on my pin MustangPaul.

With all of the additional lighting I'm adding...I think I'll already have to wear sunglasses when I play...LOL

I appreciate all of the previous posts you've contributed to this thread...it's what's given me my ideas on the additional lighting...though some of my add-ons are slight variations from you had done.

I'll post pics of mine, once the machine is fully reassembled.

Another question....

I recently purchased the mountain mod for this pin...great addition, IMO.

Has anyone done any additional painting to their mountain plastic? I'm looking for ideas on how to make it look a little better than the stock paint job that is on there now.

#1405 3 years ago

Where did you get your LED strips MustangPaul?

#1406 3 years ago

Same, are those normal 12V LED strips? I thought the flashers were like 50V

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I recently purchased the mountain mod for this pin

Where did you get hold of one of those??

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Same, are those normal 12V LED strips? I thought the flashers were like 50V

All of the flashers are 12volt.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Where did you get hold of one of those??

I found the guy on an OLD getaway thread...the thread about the keyed ignition switch.

#1410 3 years ago

Just "updated" from version L-4 to L-2. Which other version was suppose to be good?

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I thought about doing the same thing on my pin MustangPaul.
With all of the additional lighting I'm adding...I think I'll already have to wear sunglasses when I play...LOL
I appreciate all of the previous posts you've contributed to this thread...it's what's given me my ideas on the additional lighting...though some of my add-ons are slight variations from you had done.
I'll post pics of mine, once the machine is fully reassembled.
Another question....
I recently purchased the mountain mod for this pin...great addition, IMO.
Has anyone done any additional painting to their mountain plastic? I'm looking for ideas on how to make it look a little better than the stock paint job that is on there now.

Thanks a lot Indy, I just come up with the way I do them and I know others will probably do them differently. The led strip on the SC trough is indirect light so it's nice and soft, easy on the eyes.
Your not done with light mods my friend, now ya gotta do the outside of the game with my DIY leg light-ups.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Where did you get your LED strips MustangPaul?

On ebay, search for 1210 led strip, 30, 60 or 90cm length and whatever color you want. Just make sure you look and find a picture of their strip that matches the strip in my picture. Prices on these are all over the map so look for the best deal, they are from China with free shipping. They are cutable every 3 leds.

#1413 3 years ago

Paul is the led mod guru . He loves them and always coming up with new ideas.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Paul is the led mod guru . He loves them and always coming up with new ideas.

Thanks....I think. I'm not done, I'm gonna mod my mod, my DIY leg light-up mod. I haven't done my leg light-up for Getaway yet cuz I'm waiting for more red strips but I've got purple ones so I going to do them for my BoP.

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Just "updated" from version L-4 to L-2. Which other version was suppose to be good?

L2 is the best. I had L5 and "upgraded" to L2. L5 had bugs that drove me crazy. It would get confused in redline mania and go into regular multiball. L2 has been flawless for me.

#1416 3 years ago

I've seen some of the L2's playing and it seems it's way too easy to up the supercharger boost. You shouldn't get the kickback benefit and on top of that a boost of the supercharger.

I'm going to stick with L1 I think.

#1417 3 years ago

Here's my BoP with purple cab protectors but I tried something new, I ran the led strips pointed at the chrome leg to get a reflected light all the way down the back of the inside of the legs. It even lights up the bl carpet. I'm gonna do that with Getaway when the strips come in.

IMGA0179.jpg

IMGA0186.jpg
IMGA0187.jpg

IMGA0184.jpg
IMGA0188.jpg

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's my BoP with purple cab protectors but I tried something new, I ran the led strips pointed at the chrome leg to get a reflected light all the way down the back of the inside of the legs. It even lights up the bl carpet. I'm gonna do that with Getaway when the strips come in.

That looks awesome!

#1419 3 years ago

I'm getting to the final stages in my Getaway reassembly.

Just noticed the reproduction PF plastic set is missing one of the plastics, (the piece that goes into the far left corner of the PF).

hhhmmm

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1674-XX

DSC_1677.jpg

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Just noticed the reproduction PF plastic set is missing one of the plastics, (the piece that goes into the far left corner of the PF).
hhhmmm

DSC_1677.jpg

Yes, this was caught by several of us who purchased the repro set right after they came out. Stu came on line and admitted he missed that one. Good thing it is way in back under supercharger assembly so you really don't see it.

#1421 3 years ago

I'm trying to locate the double ring steel post for my Getaway. This is the one with the longer male thread on top. Does anyone have one they'd sell?

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MP-02-4423-1

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

hhhmmm

DSC_1677.jpg

Are you missing yours all-together?

If so I have an extra I can give you.

#1423 3 years ago

the threaded top broke off

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Yes, this was caught by several of us who purchased the repro set right after they came out. Stu came on line and admitted he missed that one. Good thing it is way in back under supercharger assembly so you really don't see it.

I only wish the orange in the repros was as nice as the original. The repros are more peach colored.

#1425 3 years ago

Just received my mountain from tilted81 (thanks a lot for shipping overseas!) and decided to do a little painting over the weekend. Looks very nice

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cheers

#1426 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics of your mountain....looks great !!!

I'd like to do something similar to mine before installing.

What paints/colors did you use?

#1427 3 years ago

Great job painting the mountain, Ben. Looks like it blends in real well.

#1428 3 years ago

any body have a picture of the wires hooked up to the super charger ramp diverter coil. I think someone replaced the coil but didn't hook it up right. The fuse keeps blowing ever time I hit the flipper buttons which takes out the solenoid 1-8 fuse. but I disconnect the purple and yellow wire to the coil and everything is fine. little lost ? thinking bad diverter coil but want to make sure it's hooked up right. any help would be appreciated.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Great job painting the mountain, Ben. Looks like it blends in real well.

Thanks a lot! When i put it in i thought i missed the over the top, comic approach of the mountain depicted on the plastics, but the more i look at it the better i like it. The realistic approach indeed blends in with the chrome and steel colors of the supercharger very well.

Quoted from indypinhead:

What paints/colors did you use?

I mainly used these 4 colors, basic waterbased acrylics.
image.jpg

First step is to prime the whole thing to get rid of the original color and to prepare it for taking the colors. I used a spray on fine surface primer for plastic & metal.

When the primer was dry i coated the whole thing in an earth kind of color, a mix of raw umber and mars black. Let this coat dry and then started to drybrush with a greyish color (white & black). Really went crazy here until it did look like a rocky surface.

Snow is mostly white with a tiny drop of a light blue color. Applied heavily on top surface, drybrushed on steeper areas where snow could not pile up and would be blown away from winds.

The tunnel entrance was done in a reddish mix of burnt siena and a little raw umber.

Last step was a dark wash with a heavily diluted black color to darken the cracks and crevaces.

Nice youtube video for inspiration, just look for model railroad landscaping

Now i quit talking because i start sounding awfully lot like Bob Ross

Cheers,
Ben

#1430 3 years ago

Tell us more about painting "happy" mountains!

#1431 3 years ago

Does anyone make reproduced mountains? Would love to have one for my pin.

#1432 3 years ago

anyone have the L2 rom with LED ghost fix? If so, and I can buy one from you, PM me. Thanks!

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Does anyone make reproduced mountains? Would love to have one for my pin.

Dont quote me on this but i think Mezel Mods is considering taking a shot at producing these. Could be wrong though.

#1434 3 years ago

Its cute, fun and all....But I would be of the opinion, Too much crap in there distracts from the game. Simple fast and clean that's where its at.

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Dont quote me on this but i think Mezel Mods is considering taking a shot at producing these. Could be wrong though.

No mountain making for us at this time or planned.

#1436 3 years ago

So I installed some new parts and was excited to play the machine again. I was having a blast when I got multiball and I hit a couple balls into the supercharger.

One pinball hit another pinball and one of them went flying. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find it. The machine keeps cycling through the solenoids trying to dislodge it and I've looked everywhere but can't find the missing ball. Where the hell could it be?

Anyone have this happen?

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

So I installed some new parts and was excited to play the machine again. I was having a blast when I got multiball and I hit a couple balls into the supercharger.
One pinball hit another pinball and one of them went flying. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find it. The machine keeps cycling through the solenoids trying to dislodge it and I've looked everywhere but can't find the missing ball. Where the hell could it be?
Anyone have this happen?

Check in the bottom of the cabinet. Do you have the bracket above/behind the supercharger exit? It keeps balls from bouncing out.

#1438 3 years ago

The ball is in the cabinet. It went over the top of the supercharger and over the back panel. You need the bracket that Jgaltr56 is talking about and was discussed not long ago in this thread. It's easy to install and uses existing screws to mount.

#1439 3 years ago

My Getaway was missing that bracket.

Thanks to the pinside people who pointed me in the right direction.

#1440 3 years ago

Guys - can someone explain how to do this:

you change the default scores in the hstd settings

I checked those settings and didn't see it. Which option is it?

I'm trying to remove the crazy high default scores so it just records mine. Tried enter to reset which said it did but still have the high scores. Also went to utilities to reset but still default high scores.

EDIT - went into adjustments and made all backup champs 00. Now all the default names say 00 during high scores except loops (still says 3). I haven't had a chance to play it yet - maybe that goes away once I play a game?

EDIT 2 - OK that did work and my high scores have changed. However loop champ still says 3. Not sure if I can reset that one?

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Check in the bottom of the cabinet. Do you have the bracket above/behind the supercharger exit? It keeps balls from bouncing out.

Grabbed a flashlight and sure enough it was hiding under some cables in the cabinet.

I'll need to get that bracket.

#1442 3 years ago

Here's a really nice mod I've come up with on my Getaway.

I really didn't like how the stoplight housing lit up when each of the lamps are lit.

I designed/machined some light barriers for the outside walls of the stoplight housing.

No more glowing stoplight housing !!!

I made these using 2mm black ABS sheet, (one side has a texture). These slide right in, and stay in place when assembled. No need for adhesives.

As you can see in the pic, I also installed the colored flex LEDs from comet. I wanted to put the light source a little closer to the stoplight inserts.

The last few pics were taken w/o flash to show there's no light seepage.

DSC_1960.jpg

DSC_1961.jpg

DSC_1962.jpg

DSC_1964.jpg

DSC_1965.jpg

DSC_1966.jpg

DSC_1967.jpg

#1443 3 years ago

Very creative. Nice Idea.. Looks good.

#1444 3 years ago

Thanks Chet.

I might look into running a bunch of these, if anyone is interested.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Chet.
I might look into running a bunch of these, if anyone is interested.

Who wouldn't want this light bleed to stop - genius idea.
I'll try and make mine out of black construction paper...
-mof

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who wouldn't want this light bleed to stop - genius idea.

Thanks mof

If the paper don't cut it...I can make these plastic ones for you. They fit like a glove...fits the draft angles of the injection molded housing really well, and light won't get thru this plastic.

Installing the flex LEDs helps too. It places the light source closer to the inserts...really lights em up.

#1447 3 years ago

Spray painting the inside black maybe a better application, as it would hit all the yellow areas. Just mask off the lens.

#1448 3 years ago

Nice simple mod. I'd be in for one if you put it up FS. PM me with a price and paypal payment details if you make more. Thanks!

#1449 3 years ago

I thought about using paint, but I figured it would take several coats of paint to obtain the amount of light blockage that these inserts provide. Besides, painting would be a non-reversible mod, so I decided to go this route. If the next owner doesn't like it, they can easily remove these panels.

I had to think of a mod that MustangPaul hadn't thought of already......LOL

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Nice simple mod. I'd be in for one if you put it up FS. PM me with a price and paypal payment details if you make more. Thanks!

I've got material pricing already. Now I have to pattern the geometry in order to run multiple sets of these in one set-up.

Hope to provide pricing info tomorrow if people are interested.

The mod takes all of 5 minutes, max, to install...no gluing involved, (unless you want to).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bel Air, MD
$ 50.00
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside