• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 198.
#1351 3 years ago

I've also noticed that my Getaway is missing this ball trap bracket...

http://www.marcospec.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-10904

Does anyone have any pics showing where/how this is installed?

DSC_1668.jpg

#1352 3 years ago

This is the only one you need. It mounts on the bottom on the backside of the cabinet below the glass holder. It keeps balls colliding in supercharger from flying over the back into the cab.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10903

#1353 3 years ago

This is where it goes BUT it sure ain't shaped like the one on the Marco site, perhaps mine isn't original?

DSC01761.jpg

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

This is the only one you need. It mounts on the bottom on the backside of the cabinet below the glass holder. It keeps balls colliding in supercharger from flying over the back into the cab.

Now THAT'S the one though

#1355 3 years ago

Thanks a bunch for the help guys.

I'll order that bracket tomorrow.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm finally starting to put my Getaway back together.
I noticed in this thread, that the wiring harness for the supercharger ramp is routed above/behind the PF backboard....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-supercharger-removal-tutorial
My wiring harness is routed thru the hole in the upper left corner of the PF. Which was is correct?

DSC_1677.jpg DSC_1678.jpg

My wiring harness goes through that hole too - it fits, but the Molex connector is a tight fit for sure.

#1357 3 years ago

My Getaway is coming back together. Unlike my usual shop jobs...I'm adding a TON of additional lighting. I've added LED light strips under the gauges on both slingshots. I added a LED strip to the out hole, lighting up the area between the flippers. I added a light strip under the "Drive 65" plastic and a spot light in the same area, shining towards the supercharger ramp. I also add a purple LED strip in the rear playfield area, (that area is normally very dark). I also lit up the red saucer kick-out plate. These are SOME of the lights I've added...2 more to go. I have to stop for now...ran out of heat-shrink tubing....doh!

Dsc_1807.jpg

DSC_1808.jpg

DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1810.jpg

DSC_1811.jpg

DSC_1812.jpg

#1358 3 years ago

I've already installed most of my custom designed/machined plastic protectors.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My Getaway is coming back together. Unlike my usual shop jobs...I'm adding a TON of additional lighting. I've added LED light strips under the gauges on both slingshots. I added a LED strip to the out hole, lighting up the area between the flippers. I added a light strip under the "Drive 65" plastic and a spot light in the same area, shining towards the supercharger ramp. I also add a purple LED strip in the rear playfield area, (that area is normally very dark). I also lit up the red saucer kick-out plate. These are SOME of the lights I've added...2 more to go. I have to stop for now...ran out of heat-shrink tubing....doh!

Dsc_1807.jpg DSC_1808.jpg DSC_1809.jpg DSC_1810.jpg DSC_1811.jpg DSC_1812.jpg

Man that's look great. You gonna light the flipper buttons?

#1360 3 years ago

Nice work, indy. Looks great!

#1361 3 years ago

Thanks guys.....

I'm not sure, just yet, about lighting the flipper buttons. I've had intentions of lighting the flipper buttons on several of my pins...just have never gotten around to it.

Getaway might be my first...LOL

#1362 3 years ago

Oh also are you gonna replace any of the bulbs under the long plastics with 7 led strips? I found they light up the entire plastic so I didn't have the spotty light effect under them.

#1363 3 years ago

I was thinking about doing that...but I'll have to order more from Comet. I think they are out of stock though on the white 7 LED strips.

#1364 3 years ago

Yeah the white strips are popular. I went to order some Ice blue and they were out of frosted so ordered clear instead. I'll see if I like um.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

My wiring harness goes through that hole too - it fits, but the Molex connector is a tight fit for sure.

Yep, run it through the hole. Slide the bigger molex connector through first, then the smaller one. It's tight but not too hard...

#1366 3 years ago

I like what yall been doing, looks great! I was going to wait a bit longer to do a whole resto thread with a narrated video but figured I'd go ahead and post a quick pic of my HS2 I've been working on since March which now has 12 of the 6 LED strips from coin taker, 5 spot lights, 9 LED star posts, and a higher voltage red and blue strip for added flashing effect. I'm not the sort of guy that goes around posting pics of his builds and mods, i probably will once they are finished, this one is still obviously under construction.

Currently my GI blows its fuse every time i turn the game on so Ive got some poking around to do which usually leads me to a service call because I messed it up even more, oh and some of the random flasher stay on and feel too warm so I removed those flashers.
FullSizeRender 4.jpg

#1367 3 years ago

My first thought is you maybe overloading your GI circuits with all the added LED strips?

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

My first thought is you maybe overloading your GI circuits with all the added LED strips?

Not at all, with the entire game led'd that saves about 60% in power right there so adding a bunch of strips won't push it past what a stock set up with incandescents would run.

#1369 3 years ago

When did the GI fuse start blowing every time you power on the game? After you added/made all the light mods, not before? I would check The Gi connectors in the backbox for any signs of burned connectors, then check for possibility of shorts under the PF in the GI strings.

#1370 3 years ago

Are you using clips for any of the lighting? If so, make sure they are not touching any brackets or metal. When I did my light strips, I shorted out a gi circuit with using clips. I burnt a connector and blew a fuse. If you are running all leds, there is no way they are overloading the circuit.

#1371 3 years ago

Everything was working just fine until I started poking around a pop bumper which was out. I have all the strips soldered to near by GI sockets. I had the same thing happen before when I was wiring up my spot lights and one of the lugs touched a habit trail. This time around everything visually look ok. The lights initially went out while I was poking around with the machine on and nothing blew up in a speculator fashion. I just need to hunt down this short.

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Everything was working just fine until I started poking around a pop bumper which was out. I have all the strips soldered to near by GI sockets. I had the same thing happen before when I was wiring up my spot lights and one of the lugs touched a habit trail. This time around everything visually look ok. The lights initially went out while I was poking around with the machine on and nothing blew up in a speculator fashion. I just need to hunt down this short.

Take a close look at the flat metal strips which provide power to the pop lights and are part of the GI string. They should have a clear plastic tube insulator otherwise they will be touching a bracket most likely.

#1373 3 years ago

Everytime I see that mountain molding installed as is, I cringe. Sorry.
Looks like an ice cream.
It should be touched up for some realism.
Favorite added touches I've seen are the lights behind the gauges, damn that's nice.
and the purple light strip in the back. I really love the see the ball zoom by on an orbit shot,this will enhance that.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Everytime I see that mountain molding installed as is, I cringe. Sorry.
Looks like an ice cream.
It should be touched up for some realism.
Favorite added touches I've seen are the lights behind the gauges, damn that's nice.
and the purple light strip in the back. I really love the see the ball zoom by on an orbit shot,this will enhance that.

Has anyone ever tried some modified model train scenery? I might go check out my local hobby store. I'd also like to replace that huge stoplight with something else. Maybe a highway sign?

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Has anyone ever tried some modified model train scenery? I might go check out my local hobby store.

It better be REALLY small trees.

#1376 3 years ago

I installed the checkered flag flipper mod and I'm very happy with how it looks:

Y3KG7Ox.png

I considered doing it on all three but I think it makes more sense at the 'finish line' where the ball drains so to speak. We'll see I may do it on all three.

While I had the glass off I figured I'd do the supercharger ramp lights from Lee's Parts. I noticed somebody broke the second ramp panel and sort of taped it up with electrical tape. While I'm at it I figure I might as well replace this part. Looks like it says 1674-10. Anyone have a good source for this?

I'm also noticing other little imperfections that are bugging me. The supercharger is missing one of three screws on the top. I'd like to keep it authentic before heading to Home Depot so does anyone have a source for the original style screws on the supercharger?

#1377 3 years ago

I'm looking at that Marco Specialties site linked earlier on this page and they have a lot of good parts for the Getaway so I'm ordering a bunch now.

Does anyone know if these are the bulbs that go into the supercharger/redline mania? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0044

Also, if these are the supercharger screws: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01003-04

#1378 3 years ago

Only have a few hours of play on mine since reassembling it, but I'm totally loving it! It's in my room in my 600 sq. ft. city apartment, was going to put it in a foster home, but having too much fun with it! Haven't had much time to play in the last few weeks, but a babe friend came over tonight and we got a solid 2 hours in. I taught her the rules and coached her flipper play and she got way better and more into it!

IMG_20150918_011304.jpg

IMG_20150929_233157.jpg

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'm looking at that Marco Specialties site linked earlier on this page and they have a lot of good parts for the Getaway so I'm ordering a bunch now.
Does anyone know if these are the bulbs that go into the supercharger/redline mania? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0044
Also, if these are the supercharger screws: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01003-04

Any help here would be appreciated. I'd like to order the parts today I just don't know if they are the right ones.

#1380 3 years ago

does anyone have high res versions of the side art on the head unit (or any part)? I really just need the logo on the right side of the head unit. Not sure I can buy that by itself anywhere....

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Any help here would be appreciated. I'd like to order the parts today I just don't know if they are the right ones.

The screws look about right, but I wouldn't stress over it. Go down to Ace and get a variety of #6 and #8 machine screws. Or buy a "little box of calm" from TitanPinball.com. Those are good things to have around.

I believe the bulbs in the Supercharger/Redline Mania plastic above the ramp are 555's. Go LED, you won't regret it. Cointaker makes kits for beginners, or buy your own variety at Pinballbulbs, Titan, etc. I prefer frosted non ghosting for most applications but everybody has an opinion and it's personal preference.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

The screws look about right, but I wouldn't stress over it. Go down to Ace and get a variety of #6 and #8 machine screws. Or buy a "little box of calm" from TitanPinball.com. Those are good things to have around.
I believe the bulbs in the Supercharger/Redline Mania plastic above the ramp are 555's. Go LED, you won't regret it. Cointaker makes kits for beginners, or buy your own variety at Pinballbulbs, Titan, etc. I prefer frosted non ghosting for most applications but everybody has an opinion and it's personal preference.

Good advice, thanks.

#1383 3 years ago

There are generally two types of bulbs (non flashers) - 555 and 44/47. They are basically the same bulb with different bases - one is wedged shaped and the other round.

I also recommend leds. Getaway is easy to change bulbs and it makes a huge difference. Just make sure to turn power off before changing bulbs.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There are generally two types of bulbs (non flashers) - 555 and 44/47. They are basically the same bulb with different bases - one is wedged shaped and the other round.
I also recommend leds. Getaway is easy to change bulbs and it makes a huge difference. Just make sure to turn power off before changing bulbs.

Yes!^^^. And get yourself a set of magnetic nutdrivers. 1/4" will be what you need for the LED install but if you buy a set make sure it includes a 5/16", 11/32, and 3/8" as well. A magnetic parts bowl and pick up tool is handy too. Nothing worse than dropping a screw and not being able to find it.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I went with a red and yellow 555. That way I can avoid the plastic covers and have a cleaner look.

I wanted to do an LED and this might sound stupid but only the bases seem to be colored and I needed red and yellow LED lights to go with the supercharger and redline mania that I couldn't seem to find. Maybe Marcospecialties needs to clarify this better?

Also picked up a new housing for the stoplight and supercharger covers I think I will do something with. Maybe powdercoat, not sure yet. Mine have knicks on them (supercharger had a chipped piece) and it was driving me nuts. Their supercharger sign bracket is also metal and I got that to replace the plastic. Cool Marcospecialties had all that stuff in one spot for the Getaway.

#1386 3 years ago

I just ordered the Donut Heaven mod, (unlit version from BAA).

Does anyone have the install instructions? I plan on installing an LED strip to mine.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I went with a red and yellow 555. That way I can avoid the plastic covers and have a cleaner look.

I like the colored 555's alot on the PF feature signs on Bally/Williams/DE games instead of LEDs or clear 555's with the colored condom covers. I like the way the colored incandescent bulbs look flashing or pulsing, not nearly as bright as LEDs, but I just like the way they look on most of my games like TAF, WWF, CFTBL, Getaway, BSD coffin. The frosted Dome LED's are not bad, but the are always white until they light.

#1388 3 years ago

Well here's the results of changing the regular stoplight for the Stern Harley Davidson one. Overall i really like the way it looks, the black "hoods" and the molding is far better than the stock version and the domed covers are a better look than the flat ones. For those wondering about the dimensions it is fairly similar in size (a tad wider and about the same height). It's even able to mount directly onto the existing bracket attached to the stock one BUT the interior metal part makes it sit up too high (fouls on the glass) so i had to rethink the process. By the way, the plug is the same but i think because of the way the stern ones are wired up it's not compatible (even after i changed the wiring to the plug), the best i could manage was to get all the leds to light up but not to flash like they should, they were just constantly on all the time. I think it's got something to do with the diodes but being not technically minded i decided to add the original light board (surely able to be changed i would think for peeps with the knowledge). I can detail how i went about the change if anyone is interested (and some pics), was basically a matter of making 2 small brackets to mount the existing board inside the new housing. While i had the glass off i added the smaller of the mezel mods cop cars and finally got fed up with the black shooter cover and added a chopped up supercharger decal, at least until someone comes up with a decent alternative

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01770.jpg

#1390 3 years ago

Traffic light looks pretty good but I prefer the stock look. I think it would look better painted dark gray or black to hide the screws.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I just ordered the Donut Heaven mod, (unlit version from BAA).
Does anyone have the install instructions? I plan on installing an LED strip to mine.

Instructions are at MEZELmods.com under the support link. I'm pretty sure it already has the LED installed in it.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm pretty sure it already has the LED installed in it.

According to the BAA description, it has no LED included.

I just wired up a 12 volt LED strip from Comet to the flasher, and used a 2-pin disconnect plug as well.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Traffic light looks pretty good but I prefer the stock look. I think it would look better painted dark gray or black to hide the screws.

The mounting screws? or the fake screws in the molding. In my opinion it's that added detail of the molded screws that makes it look better than the original version.

#1395 3 years ago

Popped some LED's in a Countach model I got off eBay. Takes longer than I'd like but looks nice! 3D printed a small bracket so it's floating over the playfield.

getaway1.jpggetaway2.jpg

#1396 3 years ago

I have a question for all you Getaway experts....

Some quick back-ground info 1st:

I'm doing a full-blown shop job on my Getaway. I've never played a single game on this pin, even after making this purchase., (there were several broken rubbers on this pin when I bought it).

I drove right into this shop-job.

I'm adding a bunch of additional lighting.

Now to my question...

I'm wanting to add a 12 volt LED strip, (Comet) to one of the flashers on the PF. Is there a particular flasher that ONLY fires when the magnets are energized on the turbocharger ramp?

I'm wanting to place this 12 volt strip to the under-side of the ramp somewhere to add more flashing during this particular "mode" of the game. I'm debating whether to add one, or maybe 2 to that particular PF flasher...but wondering if 2 added strips would put too much strain on that particular flasher circuit.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Added S/W Poll...
I use L3.
Some ROM version assessment I found; anyone have any different or additional info?
(Sorry, can't figure out how to align the columns bettter)
ROM REVISION ........................................... L1 L2 L5
Supercharger driver can fail when
more than 1 ball in supercharger.....................Y N N
2 state flippers .................................................N N Y
Run The RED LIGHT display mode ................Y Y N
Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks .....Y Y N
Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ..............? Y N
Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug ....N N Y
Multiple balls released from lock multi player) ...? N Y
Extra ball in video mode ......................................N Y Y
Display Flicker in Supercharge Mode .................Y N N
Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3 .................N Y Y
Supercharger enabled with 3 loops ...................Y N N
Standard generous free ride time ......................N Y Y
Robert

I'm not sure how the endless multiball bug is triggered, but I have never seen it in my L1, which I've had and played for a year.

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm wanting to add a 12 volt LED strip, (Comet) to one of the flashers on the PF. Is there a particular flasher that ONLY fires when the magnets are energized on the turbocharger ramp?

Hmm got me thinking, the two play field flashers on either side (about halfway up under the green plastics) both flash when the supercharger is in action.

#1399 3 years ago

I have a feeling the ones i mentioned are not specific to the supercharger when it's going though.

#1400 3 years ago

I think you're right on this.

From what little online video I've watched...those flashers seem to go off at other times during gameplay as well.

It would great if there is a flasher or 2 that ONLY flashed during the ball acceleration. That's my intention...to add a flasher strip that will fire only when that phase of the game is active.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 16.00
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside