• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 121 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 353 votes by 351 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2251 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240702_184622 (resized).jpg
Resized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4098 (resized).jpeg (© The club)
20240605_200258 (resized).jpg
20240523_190741 (resized).jpg
20240523_191314 (resized).jpg
20240516_201154 (resized).jpg
20240424_183429 (resized).jpg
20240420_144755 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131356 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131437 (resized).jpg
There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 280.
#13901 42 days ago
Quoted from Pvdj446:

Does anyone have the font for the logo or something close? Browsed here, but found nothing and also looked elsewhere. Any pointers?[quoted image]

I usually use a online font finder, for example :

https://www.myfonts.com/pages/whatthefont
https://www.whatfontis.com/
https://www.fontspring.com/matcherator

#13902 42 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Sorry to disagree with you. Anyone could figure out that if the ball is rolling faster it will have a better chance to make it all the way up the ramp.

Yes this is correct in theory. In practice the magnitude of this "advantage" is insignificant.
Lets say you are capable of releasing and measuring ball times as accurately as what you claim you can at a precision of a hundredth of a second. (which is nonsense in itself).

Mass of the ball: 81g = 0,081kg
Time of travel: 1,15 / 1,24 s
Distance: irrelevant, it drops out of the equations.

Simple equations for a solid ball, see attachment --> Fill in for each case, divide by each other.

Result: Considering your superhuman measuring skills the likelihood of making the ramp is increased 16% in the MRS case. That is nothing compared to the inconsistency of how the shots come.

Re measuring skills:

Quoted from golfergordy:

I consider the 1.15 & 1.16 times to be statistically the same since they would be within my expected margin of error

According to Wikipedia very experienced people taking times in sports can achieve 0,1s accuracy. Since you are doing two things manually here (releasing and taking time), you have twice that at least. In case you are not a professional taking times in sports it's more. That means you determined a time difference of the ball less than your own errors. This means, you basically did not find a difference.

Again: MRS are a fun thing and surely an improvement of some sort. But your story here is only for those who have no scientific knowledge or those who want to believe it, just because.

Energy (resized).pngEnergy (resized).png
#13903 42 days ago

AI says it is custom.

"The font used in the stylized text logo for “THE GETAWAY HIGH SPEED II” appears to be custom-designed and not part of standard fonts. It features bold lettering with a 3D chrome effect, red shading, and black outlines. Unfortunately, I don’t have the exact name of this font, but it’s a unique design created specifically for this logo"

#13905 42 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

AI says it is custom.
"The font used in the stylized text logo for “THE GETAWAY HIGH SPEED II” appears to be custom-designed and not part of standard fonts. It features bold lettering with a 3D chrome effect, red shading, and black outlines. Unfortunately, I don’t have the exact name of this font, but it’s a unique design created specifically for this logo"

Could you ask the AI to search for a font that matches it?

#13906 42 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

AI says it is custom.

Yes - he asked for "or something similar" which is what the font pages suggest, so at least it's a start ...

#13907 42 days ago

I didnt notice "or something similar"

After a brief argument with AI

Helvetica Inserat BQ and Compacta seem very close

#13908 42 days ago

Obviously the 3D styling ect needs to be added.

#13909 42 days ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Yes this is correct in theory. In practice the magnitude of this "advantage" is insignificant.
Lets say you are capable of releasing and measuring ball times as accurately as what you claim you can at a precision of a hundredth of a second. (which is nonsense in itself).
Mass of the ball: 81g = 0,081kg
Time of travel: 1,15 / 1,24 s
Distance: irrelevant, it drops out of the equations.
Simple equations for a solid ball, see attachment --> Fill in for each case, divide by each other.
Result: Considering your superhuman measuring skills the likelihood of making the ramp is increased 16% in the MRS case. That is nothing compared to the inconsistency of how the shots come.
Re measuring skills:

According to Wikipedia very experienced people taking times in sports can achieve 0,1s accuracy. Since you are doing two things manually here (releasing and taking time), you have twice that at least. In case you are not a professional taking times in sports it's more. That means you determined a time difference of the ball less than your own errors. This means, you basically did not find a difference.
Again: MRS are a fun thing and surely an improvement of some sort. But your story here is only for those who have no scientific knowledge or those who want to believe it, just because.
[quoted image]

Yikes !!!
I kind of expected some actual scientist in the group, familiar with formal scientific methods, would find fault in what I did. This wasn't an experiment that I intended to submit to any formal scientific group for their analysis, but only to the pinhead slobs on this forum. I'm an engineer (one of the many pinhead slobs here), and actually have had an occasion or two to review someone else's (actual scientists) experimental methods, during my career. Using my sloppy methods to prove something of interest to most pinheads can certainly be criticized, but I feel confident that my conclusions are justified and correct w/o using any formulas to try to prove or disprove something to scientists, but to use methods that most pinheads will understand. The 1st sentence of my original post on this subject stated the objective of the experiment ("I ran an experiment to see if the ball actually travels faster over installed MRS R.O. switches, than it does over standard factory R.O.'s."), and closer to the end of my post I stated my conclusion: "factory R.O. switches slow down the ball, and the MRS's DON'T". You could criticize the last words here (MRS's DON'T) because the MRS's magnetic field does have some effect in slowing down the ball (imo) but this effect is negligible compared to the slow down effect of the original factory R.O. switches. I'm glad you agreed with my conclusion, at least I think you did.

#13911 41 days ago

If you are interested in the mods I created for this fantastic pinball machine, you can purchase them by contacting me via the website www.dystopicpinball.com

Fast shipping to US, Europe and Canada

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or prices.
Thank you!
DP

getaway (resized).pnggetaway (resized).png
#13912 41 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

I didnt notice "or something similar"
After a brief argument with AI
Helvetica Inserat BQ and Compacta seem very close

Thank you, I will look them up

#13913 41 days ago

Here is a quick 5min mock up I did in Fireworks Helvetica Font. Similar but needs more work beyond my ability.

Untitled-1 (resized).pngUntitled-1 (resized).png

#13914 41 days ago

The question is, why do you want the font instead of just using the logo image?

#13915 41 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The question is, why do you want the font instead of just using the logo image?

I did wonder this as well.

#13916 41 days ago

Also in relation to AI, I have been wanting an alternative translite and with a few suggestions it comes up with some quite good results.
Not sure in one why it desided to put police lights on the Diablo.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 131018 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131018 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131139 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131139 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131246 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131246 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131356 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131356 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131437 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-06 131437 (resized).jpg

#13917 41 days ago

What the heck is going on here... ?

#13918 41 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

Also in relation to AI, I have been wanting an alternative translite and with a few suggestions it comes up with some quite good results.
Not sure in one why it desided to put police lights on the Diablo.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are pretty sweet! Where are the drivers of the cars?

#13919 41 days ago

Yeah the AI isnt perfect, quite frustating gettng to change things without it totally redrawing the image. Needs a pro to tidy and finish them off.

#13920 40 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I'm glad you agreed with my conclusion, at least I think you did.

I did and I do

#13921 39 days ago

1st game and 1st post!

I bought my getaway recently in great players condition. cab has routed patina and charm. 100% working. Supercharger runs high 70's to low 80's. It barely fit in my santa fe sport. I had to take the backbox off to get it in my basement. I had it about two weeks before I tore the playfield down to reglue the side rail finger joints and shop the top of the playfield. fabbed up a new rear ramp flap. Replaced the og yellowed warped plastics. Polished waxed the playfield. Supercharger runs high 70's to low 80's reliably. I cant wait to get this back together. I underestimated the time cost involved.

20240420_144755 (resized).jpg20240420_144755 (resized).jpg20240424_183429 (resized).jpg20240424_183429 (resized).jpg20240516_201154 (resized).jpg20240516_201154 (resized).jpg20240523_190741 (resized).jpg20240523_190741 (resized).jpg20240523_191314 (resized).jpg20240523_191314 (resized).jpg20240605_200258 (resized).jpg20240605_200258 (resized).jpg
#13922 39 days ago
Quoted from Styxnpicks:

1st game and 1st post!
I bought my getaway recently in great players condition. cab has routed patina and charm. 100% working. Supercharger runs high 70's to low 80's. It barely fit in my santa fe sport. I had to take the backbox off to get it in my basement. I had it about two weeks before I tore the playfield down to reglue the side rail finger joints and shop the top of the playfield. fabbed up a new rear ramp flap. Replaced the og yellowed warped plastics. Polished waxed the playfield. Supercharger runs high 70's to low 80's reliably. I cant wait to get this back together. I underestimated the time cost involved.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Welcome to the club. You don't know what you've gotten yourself into.

#13923 39 days ago

Great stuff.

I still can't get my head around how alot of you guys have basements! And haul pins down there. It's not common over here, most people build up or out due to waterproofing and pest management.

I'm about to put a machine together from scratch and your post inspired me to start getting bits together.

#13924 39 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Great stuff.
I still can't get my head around how alot of you guys have basements! And haul pins down there. It's not common over here, most people build up or out due to waterproofing and pest management.
I'm about to put a machine together from scratch and your post inspired me to start getting bits together.

heavy things going down the steps is easier than bringing them back up. I have to be careful with what I buy. once I get a game in the basement its not coming back up. Totally regret not looking harder for a house with a walkout, but at least I have a dry place to keep all the toys and play. The guy I bought my getaway from had some games in tubs that really seemed inspiring. might be something I get into one day if I can get some garage space opened up.

#13925 37 days ago

Nice pickup! That back ramp flap seems to take a beating as it's gone/missing/tore up on a lot of the games out there. Was glad to find some reproductions to get mine back as it makes a huge difference on gameplay.

#13926 37 days ago

I miss my Getaway and would like to have one back in the game room.
Cash in hand looking to pick one up within driving distance of Sykesville, MD.

#13927 36 days ago
Quoted from Styxnpicks:

1st game and 1st post!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome and nice work! Pretty ambitious for your 1st pin to do a tear down so quickly. I played the heck out of mine before I mustered up the nerve to start messing around with things. Congrats and this is a great thread for any issues you may run into.

#13928 35 days ago

Weird thing happening with my Getaway. Had my machine at my place on the river. All was well. Packed it up to bring to my house for some minor repairs while we do some remodeling. Of course, I had all of my settings saved (free play) but now every time you power down and turn back on the next day, it goes back factory settings. Any idea what’s going on?

#13929 35 days ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Any idea what’s going on?

Dead battery?

#13930 35 days ago

Or corroded battery holder from leaking batteries?
If an external battery holder was installed maybe one wire fell off during the move

#13931 34 days ago

OR corroded CPU board, which was to weak too survive the transport.

1 week later
#13932 26 days ago

Just joined the club. Looking forward to learning this machine.

#13933 26 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Just joined the club. Looking forward to learning this machine.

Congrats! You're in for a ride (pun intended).

#13934 26 days ago

Just got her set up, leveled, and pitched. Let’s go!

IMG_4098 (resized).jpegIMG_4098 (resized).jpeg
#13935 25 days ago

I’m looking for a good Donut Heaven and Mountain mod to put in my machine. Any recommendations on the best looking ones?

#13936 25 days ago

Mr_Tantrum makes the best ones in my opinion although I have a really nice one that I took out of my getaway that was made by whomever makes the 2nd best one. Very cool. Small damage but cheap. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175131

I’m looking for a good Donut Heaven and Mountain mod to put in my machine. Any recommendations on the best looking ones?

#13937 24 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mr_Tantrum makes the best ones in my opinion although I have a really nice one that I took out of my getaway that was made by whomever makes the 2nd best one. Very cool. Small damage but cheap. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175131

thanks for the heads up, just placed my order with Mr Tantrum.

1 week later
#13938 17 days ago

Alright my up/down ramp isn’t working correctly. When you start the game should the ramp be up? Heres a picture of my switch correctly..

IMG_2057 (resized).jpegIMG_2057 (resized).jpeg

Fixed issue just took it all apart and clean it good now it's working perfect.

#13939 17 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright my up/down ramp isn’t working correctly. When you start the game should the ramp be up? Heres a picture of my switch correctly..
[quoted image]

Ramp should be up when the game starts, so that balls can't get into the ball lock until the green lock light is on.

#13940 16 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Ramp should be up when the game starts, so that balls can't get into the ball lock until the green lock light is on.

Okay thanks, my ramp doesn't go down when it should then, I can hear the coil but the ramp is stuck in the up position. I'll have to take it apart and figure out what's going on with it.

Fixed, just needed to be cleaned.

#13941 14 days ago

I'm finally back up and running again!!. ran fine right after it was all together. come back a few days later and couldn't run a game. had a bad solder joint under some heatshrink at the top bumper take out all the low voltage solenoids minus the plunger downstream. took me about 45 minutes to isolate. decided to go with sunlight 1smd frosted for GI and 2smd sunlight frosted for the backbox. thinking about going ocd for the inserts.

20240702_184622 (resized).jpg20240702_184622 (resized).jpgResized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpegResized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpeg
#13942 14 days ago

Having trouble with my topper motor. It was doing this so I replaced the motor. It’s doing this with the new motor too. Any thoughts?

I had read that the cold solder on the driver board goes bad on these. I didn’t think that was causing this because I thought if the solder was bad it wouldn’t work at all. Is it the board or something else?

Thanks in advance for any help you might give.

#13943 14 days ago

Having trouble with my topper motor. It was doing this so I replaced the motor. It’s doing this with the new motor too. Any thoughts?
I had read that the cold solder on the driver board goes bad on these. I didn’t think that was causing this because I thought if the solder was bad it wouldn’t work at all. Is it the board or something else?

Do you have a video of the "old" motor and what do you mean by a "new" motor? I had an issue with my beacon motor where it would not rotate fully and I replaced it with a "new motor". I have had no issues since then and that was about 15 years ago, when a new motor was actually new. If the motor is new check the gears to see if they may be damaged

#13944 14 days ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Do you have a video of the "old" motor and what do you mean by a "new" motor? I had an issue with my beacon motor where it would not rotate fully and I replaced it with a "new motor". I have had no issues since then and that was about 15 years ago, when a new motor was actually new. If the motor is new check the gears to see if they may be damaged

Old motor was doing the exact same thing as the video shows. Got new motor in the mail from Marco today and installed it. Video is of the new motor from Marco.

#13945 13 days ago

Getaway cab decals - I read past posts where a pinsider had some issues with their set from PPS.

Any suggestions on other suppliers??

PPS has a silk-screened set available (https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-HS2-CABSET) and considering unless others think I should stay away and get them from somewhere else.

Thanks and appreciate any advice.

#13946 13 days ago

Old motor was doing the exact same thing as the video shows. Got new motor in the mail from Marco today and installed it. Video is of the new motor from Marco.

I know it sounds weird, but the lamp you're using for the beacon could be part of the problem. I found my beacon would sometimes stutter or not move when it was supposed to, and the solution was to replace the incandescent bulb for the beacon with an LED replacement. I'm pretty sure i got one off Amazon and it worked like a charm.

Turns out the beacon lamp and motor share the same power supply and the incandescent lamp was hogging most of the juice. I'm sure there's a fix that would make it work with an incandescent bulb (they worked fine for years) but the LED was a cheap and easy solution in my case. Might be worth a shot...

#13947 13 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:Having trouble with my topper motor. It was doing this so I replaced the motor. It’s doing this with the new motor too. Any thoughts?

I did the same thing (2-yrs ago) as frunch (switch to an LED bulb in the mars light) to solve the motor problem on my Getaway. It's been working fine ever since.

#13948 13 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:Old motor was doing the exact same thing as the video shows. Got new motor in the mail from Marco today and installed it. Video is of the new motor from Marco.

I’m pretty sure I greased that gear box, new bulb or led is hopefully the fix!

#13949 13 days ago

Got it. Thanks guys, I will try a LED bulb and report back.

#13950 13 days ago

I've always loved my Getaway, but I recently added Pinsound and loaded it up with 6 different mixes .. WOW!! .. the honeymoon phase is happening all over again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

3,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.50
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.