• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 121 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 353 votes by 351 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2251 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240702_184622 (resized).jpg
Resized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4098 (resized).jpeg (© The club)
20240605_200258 (resized).jpg
20240523_190741 (resized).jpg
20240523_191314 (resized).jpg
20240516_201154 (resized).jpg
20240424_183429 (resized).jpg
20240420_144755 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131356 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-06 131437 (resized).jpg
There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 280.
#13851 67 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have the sound board pulled

That's a DCS board. Getaway uses a pre-DCS board.

Quoted from Kawydud:

back on pinside

This has been taken offline.

#13852 67 days ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

That's a DCS board. Getaway uses a pre-DCS board.

I was gonna say, you sure that came out of a HS2?

#13853 67 days ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I was gonna say, you sure that came out of a HS2?

Now I have to go back and check. The only two games I put Pinsound in were No Fear and Getaway. Both boards look identical.

Thanks

#13854 67 days ago

Do the two boards look identical? This is the only other sound board I have.

IMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpeg
#13855 67 days ago

Unless you got some rare unknown HS2 with DCS sound that's not from Getaway.

#13856 67 days ago

I know I worked in HS2. Have to look into it more.

#13857 67 days ago

Should look like this:
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#13858 67 days ago

Yes, I have that board in my Fish Tales. I'm.about to put the board back in to verify it works.

#13859 67 days ago

I want to thank everyone here for chiming in with this sound board. I did find the correct one back in the parts closet. Now I need to figure out how I have an extra DCS sound board.

IMG_0773.JPG (resized).jpgIMG_0773.JPG (resized).jpg
#13860 66 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I want to thank everyone here for chiming in with this sound board. I did find the correct one back in the parts closet. Now I need to figure out how I have an extra DCS sound board. [quoted image]

That other sound board you showed looks to me like the ones used in WPC-S (security chip) games. From what you mentioned, that'll have come out of your No Fear game.

#13861 66 days ago

For the record:

• This board 00_dcs_no_fear.jpg00_dcs_no_fear.jpg is a DCS board from a No Fear
  • This board 01_dcs_unknown.jpg01_dcs_unknown.jpg is DCS board from an unknown source. Someone has attempted to replace the ADSP-2105 on this board and the quality of job (no comment).
  • This board 02_predcs_hurricane.jpg02_predcs_hurricane.jpg is a pre-DCS board from a Hurriance.

The No Fear board has mask ROMs that are identifiable as belonging to No Fear. The unknown source board has OTP ROMs that are not labeled so you would need to read the contents and match them. For both of these boards U2 is a UV EPROM that is the most important as far as identifying contents. U3-U9 is typically the DCS (digitally compressed sound) data.

The Hurricane board has three resistors that have an incorrect value for use in a Getaway. The board will produce sound but it is not strictly correct.

#13862 66 days ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

For the record:
... Someone has attempted to replace the ADSP-2105 on this board and the quality of job (no comment).

#13863 66 days ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

For the record:

This board [quoted image] is a DCS board from a No Fear
This board [quoted image] is DCS board from an unknown source. Someone has attempted to replace the ADSP-2105 on this board and the quality of job (no comment).
This board [quoted image] is a pre-DCS board from a Hurriance.

The No Fear board has mask ROMs that are identifiable as belonging to No Fear. The unknown source board has OTP ROMs that are not labeled so you would need to read the contents and match them. For both of these boards U2 is a UV EPROM that is the most important as far as identifying contents. U3-U9 is typically the DCS (digitally compressed sound) data.
The Hurricane board has three resistors that have an incorrect value for use in a Getaway. The board will produce sound but it is not strictly correct.

As always Victor, thank you for the information!

#13864 64 days ago

Switch 16 was causing the ball to sometimes get hung up on freeway loops shots making locking balls super frustrating. I tried bending it down to be lower profile, but ended up breaking the wire in the process. Now my freeway shots are buttery smooth, but the switch never registers I haven't noticed any impact on gameplay/scoring with the switch not registering, so I was wondering why there is an upper and lower freeway switch (SW15 and SW16)?

I am thinking of getting a MRS switch to replace it, so that the loop remains smooth and unrestricted. Or I was wondering if it is possible to put in like a newer stern rollover switch which has a lower profile curved shape as apposed to the factory triangular one?

It seems like not a great design to have this kind of switch placed in that spot. The ball always hits this rollover at a slight angle rather than straight on...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13865 64 days ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Switch 16 was causing the ball to sometimes get hung up on freeway loops shots making locking balls super frustrating. I tried bending it down to be lower profile, but ended up breaking the wire in the process. Now my freeway shots are buttery smooth, but the switch never registers I haven't noticed any impact on gameplay/scoring with the switch not registering, so I was wondering why there is an upper and lower freeway switch (SW15 and SW16)?
I am thinking of getting a MRS switch to replace it, so that the loop remains smooth and unrestricted. Or I was wondering if it is possible to put in like a newer stern rollover switch which has a lower profile curved shape as apposed to the factory triangular one?
It seems like not a great design to have this kind of switch placed in that spot. The ball always hits this rollover at a slight angle rather than straight on...
[quoted image]

I have previously had to replace switch #18 (or maybe it was #17) on my Getaway (about 2-yrs ago) when the actuator wire broke and I also didn't notice any scoring problem other than getting a switch fault warning, however, one of the forum members provided a convincing reason why the switch was required (but I can't remember what that reason was). I replaced the switch, with no resulting problems since. Rollover switches which are on a diagonal to the path of the ball apparently are more prone to problems (and provide more resistance to the rolling ball) than rollovers which are in line with the ball path. I like the idea of installing an MRS replacement switch, so that the loop remains smooth and unrestricted, and I also think that an MRS replacement will last the life of the game, since the switch has no moving parts. In playing the game recently I've noticed that there are many left-to-right outer loop shots (when the lock is lit) which don't have enough speed to make it up the up/down ramp to the lock, so replacing the rollover switches along that path with MRS switches should increase the number of balls making it up the ramp and into the lock. Also, there are 3-diagonal rollover switches (#71, #72 & #73) on the inner left-to-right loop to the up/down ramp which can be problematical - my game currently gets an occasional ball stuck on one of these switches, and I need to do something about it.

If one were to replace any of the Getaway rollovers with MRS switches, then I would recommend switch nos. 15, 16, 17, 18, 71, 72, & 73. Switch #71's location isn't shown on the Switch Locations drwg on p. 2-40 of the operations manual, but it's the 3rd rollover switch that the ball would hit from an upper flipper shot into the inner left-to-right loop to the up/down ramp.

#13866 63 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I have previously had to replace switch #18 (or maybe it was #17) on my Getaway (about 2-yrs ago) when the actuator wire broke and I also didn't notice any scoring problem other than getting a switch fault warning, however, one of the forum members provided a convincing reason why the switch was required (but I can't remember what that reason was). I replaced the switch, with no resulting problems since. Rollover switches which are on a diagonal to the path of the ball apparently are more prone to problems (and provide more resistance to the rolling ball) than rollovers which are in line with the ball path. I like the idea of installing an MRS replacement switch, so that the loop remains smooth and unrestricted, and I also think that an MRS replacement will last the life of the game, since the switch has no moving parts. In playing the game recently I've noticed that there are many left-to-right outer loop shots (when the lock is lit) which don't have enough speed to make it up the up/down ramp to the lock, so replacing the rollover switches along that path with MRS switches should increase the number of balls making it up the ramp and into the lock. Also, there are 3-diagonal rollover switches (#71, #72 & #73) on the inner left-to-right loop to the up/down ramp which can be problematical - my game currently gets an occasional ball stuck on one of these switches, and I need to do something about it.
If one were to replace any of the Getaway rollovers with MRS switches, then I would recommend switch nos. 15, 16, 17, 18, 71, 72, & 73. Switch #71's location isn't shown on the Switch Locations drwg on p. 2-40 of the operations manual, but it's the 3rd rollover switch that the ball would hit from an upper flipper shot into the inner left-to-right loop to the up/down ramp.

Oh man Gordy - you may have started a movement - just got an email from a guy in Germany that wants all his rollovers in his Getaway replaced with MRS'....

#13867 63 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Oh man Gordy - you may have started a movement - just got an email from a guy in Germany that wants all his rollovers in his Getaway replaced with MRS'....

This is a game that could use a couple--particularly where Redliner911 mentioned. I swear I've had orbit shots get slowed up or rejected due to those switches as well.

Sonic
If you make some for the Getaway, I'd be down to buy a some for the upper left orbit at switches 15 and 16, and the pair on the right side of the orbit, switches 17 and 18.

#13868 63 days ago

Cool idea. I too have had balls slow down and not make it all the way around the orbits. Not super often, but more than not at all. Hadn't realized the rollovers were causing this somewhat common issue.

It was also asked why there are two in a row on each side... if I'm not mistaken, it's so the code knows which direction the ball is going and then can raise or lower the ramp to get it out of the way if need be. Is that right, or is it something else entirely?

#13869 63 days ago
Quoted from frunch:

This is a game that could use a couple--particularly where Redliner911 mentioned. I swear I've had orbit shots get slowed up or rejected due to those switches as well.
Sonic
If you make some for the Getaway, I'd be down to buy a some for the upper left orbit at switches 15 and 16, and the pair on the right side of the orbit, switches 17 and 18.

We already do - but I have a guy whom is ready to put in an order for his HS2 and MB...that's 25 MRS'....it'll take a week to get that done...hit me up on PM...

Matt

#13870 63 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I've had this thought before too but never said anything about it. Would certainly be an interesting upgrade/mod.

#13871 63 days ago

Maybe a stupid question but how do the MRS work, do they rely on magnetism from the balls ?

#13872 63 days ago
Quoted from frunch:

Sonic

frunch, you might as well also get the MRS switches (3 of them) to replace the inner left-to-right orbit switches #71, 72, & 73. The same reasoning applies to replacing these switches as it does to replace #15 & 16.

#13873 63 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Cool idea. I too have had balls slow down and not make it all the way around the orbits. Not super often, but more than not at all. Hadn't realized the rollovers were causing this somewhat common issue.
It was also asked why there are two in a row on each side... if I'm not mistaken, it's so the code knows which direction the ball is going and then can raise or lower the ramp to get it out of the way if need be. Is that right, or is it something else entirely?

AlexRogan84,
That sounds like a good reason to me.

#13874 63 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

Maybe a stupid question but how do the MRS work, do they rely on magnetism from the balls ?

I'm sure that Matt @ M&M Creations can give a better answer than me, but I believe that the ball breaks the magnetic field created by the MRS switch which actuates the switch. I don't know the science regarding how this is internally accomplished, but I installed 3 MRS switches on my Godzilla Prem game and they work great.

#13875 62 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We already do - but I have a guy whom is ready to put in an order for his HS2 and MB...that's 25 MRS'

Well, that would be me and I am considering this depending on the bulk price. Knowing my uncompromising nature it will at least happen for HS2, because that is my love child. The Monster Bash is also dear to me, but that one I'm not completely certain about. I will absolutely post pictures if I do this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-2-the-getaway-first-restoration#post-4524754

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-club/page/18#post-6915626

#13876 62 days ago

Should you be able to back hand from left flipper to left ramp and enter the speed track?

#13877 61 days ago

I think I need a bigger light!

#13878 61 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Should you be able to back hand from left flipper to left ramp and enter the speed track?

I do that all the time on my Getaway, however, the tips of the flippers are set 5/16" higher than where the small holes are in the pf. I believe the small holes are where the flipper tips are supposed to be lined up with. The flippers were lined up this way when I bought the game 3-yrs ago and I haven't changed it.

#13879 60 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I do that all the time on my Getaway, however, the tips of the flippers are set 5/16" higher than where the small holes are in the pf. I believe the small holes are where the flipper tips are supposed to be lined up with. The flippers were lined up this way when I bought the game 3-yrs ago and I haven't changed it.

Thank you

#13880 60 days ago

My plunger just broke, the plastic piece just snap off that launches the ball. Where can I order this piece at? Is this it?

https://www.pinballlife.com/high-speed-2-bell-armature-assembly.html

#13881 60 days ago

Yes... 15709

Shooter rod (resized).jpgShooter rod (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13882 52 days ago

I am looking to see if an OEM William shaker will work in The Getaway. I'm not sure if it was designed with one in mind.

#13883 52 days ago

I have pinshaker unit in mine, works great.

Quoted from Brewchap:I am looking to see if an OEM William shaker will work in The Getaway. I'm not sure if it was designed with one in mind.

#13884 51 days ago

So, the order for conversion of all playfield rollovers to MRS is placed. I'll post photos and my experience, once I'm done. Will take a few weeks.

Quoted from Brewchap:

I am looking to see if an OEM William shaker will work in The Getaway.

And how would you trigger that?

#13885 51 days ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

So, the order for conversion of all playfield rollovers to MRS is placed. I'll post photos and my experience, once I'm done. Will take a few weeks.

And how would you trigger that?

Things are moving along well....almost time for final assembly and epoxy...

#13886 51 days ago

If you have a PinSound board then go with the PinSound shaker. I programmed the default shaker routine, but you can also create your own.

#13887 51 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Things are moving along well....almost time for final assembly and epoxy...

Have you got cataloge and pricing for the MRS, I thought you posted about it but cannot find the post anywhere.

#13888 51 days ago
Quoted from nutty:

Have you got cataloge and pricing for the MRS, I thought you posted about it but cannot find the post anywhere.

All of MRS' are $35/ea plus shipping...UK is $20....

We have a solution for everything it seems anymore...so many custom solutions now...just PM with questions...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

#13889 50 days ago

Thanks @sonic, I will have a look see what I need no problem with my Getaway loop but I can see a positive in swapping them out, I do have problems with my High Speed where 2 of the lane switches keep sticking down, these would be a perfect replacement.

#13890 45 days ago

I ran an experiment to see if the ball actually travels faster over installed MRS R.O. switches, than it does over standard factory R.O.'s. Some people might think that it's obvious that the MRS switches allow for faster ball travel because of no mechanical friction at the switch location, whereas mechanical friction does occur when the ball hits the wire factory switch actuator. The MRS, however, has a magnet which exerts a magnetic force on the ball as it rolls by, and I was wondering how strong this magnetic force is, and whether or not it's less than, equal to, or greater than the friction force on the ball with the standard factory R.O. switches installed.

I partially pulled the pf out so the grab handles on the pf underside rested on top of the front cabinet wall, and I marked the exact location so I could rest the pf at the same place on the cabinet wall when I needed to again. Placing the pf in this position created a reverse slope on the pf. I selected a starting point and finishing point for the ball to roll (by gravity) along the outer L-to-R loop, and I timed how long the ball took to complete this segment of the loop. 2-R.O. switches were in this segment. Since I didn't have any easy way to mechanically (or electrically) start the ball rolling down this segment, or determine exactly when the ball crossed the segment's finish line, I was skeptical that this experiment might produce unreliable results if I just released the ball with my finger and used my best judgement on when to start and stop the stop watch, but I proceeded with the experiment anyway. Just using my best judgement on when to start and stop the stop watch I recorded 15 trials of rolling the ball down the segment. I threw out the 2-fastest and 2-slowest times and computed the average time with the other 11 recorded times. I ran through this same procedure under the following 3-conditions: 1) the factory R.O. switches installed; 2) the factory R.O.'s removed (no switch installed at all); and 3) the 2-MRS's installed. The resulting averages were: 1) 1.24 seconds; 2) 1.16 secs.; and 3) 1.15 secs. I ran condition 3 twice with the same average results both times. I consider the 1.15 & 1.16 times to be statistically the same since they would be within my expected margin of error (I did not run any type of formal error analysis), but I do think that these 2 average times definitely show that the factory R.O. switches slow down the ball, and the MRS's DON'T. 2-years ago I installed some MRS R.O. switches in my Godzilla Prem. game and found that the ball could get stuck at the MRS due to the excess magnetic force on the ball exerted by the MRS. This was solved when Matt (at M&M Creations) replaced the MRS with a lower profile MRS which sat slightly lower than the pf surface than the previous MRS did. I just ordered another MRS from Matt (for my Getaway) with a lower profile, because it exerts a weaker magnetic force on the ball, but as I found in my GZ game, this same lower profile MRS solved the ball stuck problem and still registered a switch hit every time the ball rolled by. Matt, at M&M Creations is great to work with if you experience any problems with his MRS switches. I'll be installing a total of 7-MRS's in my Getaway game, and this should help improve my game scores by increasing the chances of hitting the ball into the ball lock, and successfully completing the left-to-right outer & inner loops as well as the R-to-L outer loop.

#13891 45 days ago

Holy Jesus can we get a readers digest version lol....

1.24 seconds--FACTORY
1.16 secs---NEKKID, NO SWITCHES AT ALL
1.15 secs---FANCY MRS SWITCHES INSTALLED

more info:

.............. I do think that these 2 average times definitely show that the factory R.O. switches slow down the ball, and the MRS's DON'T
............I'll be installing a total of 7-MRS's in my Getaway game, and this should help improve my game scores by increasing the chances of hitting the ball into the ball lock, and successfully completing the left-to-right outer & inner loops as well as the R-to-L outer loop.

#13892 44 days ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I'll be installing a total of 7-MRS's in my Getaway game, and this should help improve my game scores by increasing the chances of hitting the ball into the ball lock, and successfully completing the left-to-right outer & inner loops as well as the R-to-L outer loop.

Installing them makes total sense, but mainly for reliability of triggering the switch.
Regarding the idea of conserving momentum in order to make a difference in making the 81 gramm ball go up that ramp better.... from pure physics that is a b s o l u t e nonsense - its a totally different order of magnitude.

#13893 44 days ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Installing them makes total sense, but mainly for reliability of triggering the switch.

Another reason I've seen people mention is to prevent rejects when the ball is coming around the loops due to the wire switch actuators interfering with the ball. That's the reason I'm considering some for my game.

#13894 44 days ago

Mine have landedtoday, so I'm expecting arrival to me home in about 2-3 days. I'm VERY curious and really only doing it for the fun of it.

#13895 44 days ago
Quoted from frunch:

Another reason I've seen people mention is to prevent rejects when the ball is coming around the loops due to the wire switch actuators interfering with the ball. That's the reason I'm considering some for my game.

I've never had a switch issue like that on my Getaway but on my EATPM it happened often on the Monster Slide, I replaced the switch with the MRS and it's been great.

#13896 44 days ago
Quoted from frunch:

I've had R.O. rejects on my Mata Hari game - the R.O.'s look like the original R.O. switches from 1978. I just bent the wire actuator a bit to correct the problem. With The Getaway game, it's another matter, not just to prevent R.O. rejects but to have a faster ball speed to complete a loop or get up the ramp.

#13897 44 days ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Regarding the idea of conserving momentum in order to make a difference in making the 81 gramm ball go up that ramp better.... from pure physics that is a b s o l u t e nonsense - its a totally different order of magnitude.

Sorry to disagree with you. Anyone could figure out that if the ball is rolling faster it will have a better chance to make it all the way up the ramp.

#13898 44 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Holy Jesus can we get a readers digest version lol....
1.24 seconds--FACTORY
1.16 secs---NEKKID, NO SWITCHES AT ALL
1.15 secs---FANCY MRS SWITCHES INSTALLED
more info:
.............. I do think that these 2 average times definitely show that the factory R.O. switches slow down the ball, and the MRS's DON'T
............I'll be installing a total of 7-MRS's in my Getaway game, and this should help improve my game scores by increasing the chances of hitting the ball into the ball lock, and successfully completing the left-to-right outer & inner loops as well as the R-to-L outer loop.

Sorry if the complete story was too much to read, but I wanted it to answer a few questions to save others from asking those same questions with add'l posts. I've done some technical writing in my day, and that's how it's done. The next time (if there is a next time) I'll only post the executive summary.

#13899 44 days ago

I enjoy you spent the time to detail it, I was playing around and also paring it down in case someone wanted to skip ahead to the answers lol

Quoted from golfergordy:Sorry if the complete story was too much to read, but I wanted it to answer a few questions to save others from asking those same questions with add'l posts. I've done some technical writing in my day, and that's how it's done. The next time (if there is a next time) I'll only post the executive summary.

#13900 43 days ago

Does anyone have the font for the logo or something close? Browsed here, but found nothing and also looked elsewhere. Any pointers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Westerville, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.