• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 277.
#1301 8 years ago

I didn't see the post on the red LED strip. Is that the one with the long strip mounted inside the turbo ramp?

I'm going to light the ramp entry w/ a blue LED strip like you did. Also plan on mounting 1 or 2 &LED strips on top of the backboard to light the back of the PF, under the turbo ramp. Plan on adding LED strips to the tachometers on top of the slings. Plan on mounting a spot light, (shining up) below the mountain plastic on the turbo ramp. Doing a full LED install, (flashers too). I've already machined my PF plastic protector set.

#1302 8 years ago

I installed L2, and I like the longer ball save for sure... But it seems like all the scoring just went up,up,up... If I want a harder game, should I simply move back to L1? Or are there any bug fixes worth keeping L2 in there for?

-mof

#1303 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I installed L2, and I like the longer ball save for sure... But it seems like all the scoring just went up,up,up... If I want a harder game, should I simply move back to L1? Or are there any bug fixes worth keeping L2 in there for?
-mof

According to this something about the Supercharger driver failing with multiple balls?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug#post-241529

#1304 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't see the post on the red LED strip. Is that the one with the long strip mounted inside the turbo ramp?

Yup.

#1305 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm going to light the ramp entry w/ a blue LED strip like you did. Also plan on mounting 1 or 2 &LED strips on top of the backboard to light the back of the PF, under the turbo ramp. Plan on adding LED strips to the tachometers on top of the slings. Plan on mounting a spot light, (shining up) below the mountain plastic on the turbo ramp. Doing a full LED install, (flashers too). I've already machined my PF plastic protector set.

Your game is gonna be a killer, don't forget the leg light-ups.

#1306 8 years ago

Not sure I'm going to go w/ the leg light-ups.

Where did you find the thin width LED strip?

I'd like to get some of that for a mod I'm thinking about doing to Getaway.

#1307 8 years ago

Is this star post in the upper loop normal? I couldn't find a picture showing the stock post and I don't have a manual.

It seems strange to have this hanging out so far in the path of the ball. Ever since I bought this player condition machine, I haven't been able to hit that upper loop repeatedly.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Brad

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#1308 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool. The red ramp led strip make the racetrack light up way cool along with the red domes on the charger. I think it gives the impression that as the ball is going around it's going soooo fast that the metal starts to heat and glow red. My leg light-up are gonna look cool on the game too. I gots a good imagination. There's a new mod that will be coming from a well known Pinsider that I'm testing that's really neat and should be out in a few weeks that would look great on Getaway. I'll post more when I'm allowed.

I posted this earlier today....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-which-is-the-correct-rubber-ring-install

Mine has that post.

#1309 8 years ago

Ahh, thank you indypinhead!

#1310 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Where did you find the thin width LED strip?

I got them on ebay from China. Search for "1210, 12v 30cm red led strip. They also come in 60 and 90cm lengths. Look for the 2 leds strips, they are cheaper in 2's. If you want different colors just substitute whatever color you want for red. They look like the bottom strip in the picture and they can be cut every 3 leds.

IMGA0740.jpgIMGA0740.jpg

#1311 8 years ago

anyone have high resolution art for the head board logo's?

#1312 8 years ago

Just picked up a Getaway over the weekend. Must say it's a damn fun game! I have quite a clean example of one but just noticed something on mine. I know mine is a first run but I seem to be missing the "RPM" decals but still have all the black key lines in tact.

Correct me if I am wrong but the RPM graphic would be silkscreened and the black key lines put over the top? I am guessing this was a factory mistake,and it does not bother me. Just want to know if anyone has more info.

20150921_203116.jpg20150921_203116.jpg

20150921_203122.jpg20150921_203122.jpg

#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

Just picked up a Getaway over the weekend. Must say it's a damn fun game! I have quite a clean example of one but just noticed something on mine. I know mine is a first run but I seem to be missing the "RPM" decals but still have all the black key lines in tact.
Correct me if I am wrong but the RPM graphic would be silkscreened and the black key lines put over the top? I am guessing this was a factory mistake,and it does not bother me. Just want to know if anyone has more info.

20150921_203116.jpg 20150921_203122.jpg

Nice to see you in the club, I've never seen one like that. Is it a Diamond Plate pf?

#1314 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice to see you in the club, I've never seen one like that. Is it a Diamond Plate pf?

Isn't DP standard?
-mof

#1315 8 years ago

Interesting. Maybe it's a prototype, sample, or whatever they call early built machines. It wouldn't bother me either. Looks cool like that. I think all Getaways are Diamondplate but could be wrong.

#1316 8 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Is this star post in the upper loop normal? I couldn't find a picture showing the stock post and I don't have a manual.
It seems strange to have this hanging out so far in the path of the ball. Ever since I bought this player condition machine, I haven't been able to hit that upper loop repeatedly.
Thanks for any input you can provide!
Brad

Yes it is supposed to be out that far. Game can't be easy!

#1317 8 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Is this star post in the upper loop normal?

I believe it is. Probably because Williams felt the shot was too easy with it wide-open. Some people have replaced it with a narrow rubber post but I feel that takes the challenge out of it...

#1318 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No diamond plate markings on the pf. I have confirmed it's a first run machine which did not have dp. I might need to dig deeper and see if it's a proto. Either way I don't see this leaving anytime soon.

#1319 8 years ago

Hey everyone, just got a Getaway! Super stoked as it's my favorite machine. My friends are already coming over to play it and everyone loves it.

Now, there are a couple issues. The multiball or ball lock area where with the metal piece that covers on the right sometimes jams. It will release one ball but not the second. I then have to manually open the glass and push the stuck ball through. Any idea how to fix this?

Also, how do I remove the factory high scores? Basically, I want the machine to only show the high scores that my friends and I hit. I got 53 million or so but it still is not good enough to get in the top 4 scores the machine shows.

Any help is appreciated. I'm a major n00b to this so be gentle.

Also, any suggested mods? I plan on doing the colordmd ASAP.

12009658_877097539052269_818019899655948-1.jpg12009658_877097539052269_818019899655948-1.jpg

#1320 8 years ago

congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. I see yours has the key mod which is awesome. Flasher mod on there too.

Unfor I don't know how to reset the high scores either although would like to know too!

#1321 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Now, there are a couple issues. The multiball or ball lock area where with the metal piece that covers on the right sometimes jams. It will release one ball but not the second. I then have to manually open the glass and push the stuck ball through. Any idea how to fix this?

Also, how do I remove the factory high scores? Basically, I want the machine to only show the high scores that my friends and I hit. I got 53 million or so but it still is not good enough to get in the top 4 scores the machine shows.

It's possible there could be a switch error but if it works for the first ball release it should be fine for the rest, i'd check to see if the post is snagging on anything, is it bent at all? Although it doesn't drop down a massive amount it could be getting caught up somewhere. For the second question, as far as i know you can't reset or change the factory high score settings until you get better scores yourself and henceforth knock the factory ones out of the listing.

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Hey everyone, just got a Getaway! Super stoked as it's my favorite machine. My friends are already coming over to play it and everyone loves it.
Any help is appreciated. I'm a major n00b to this so be gentle.
Also, any suggested mods? I plan on doing the colordmd ASAP.

12009658_877097539052269_818019899655948-1.jpg

Welcome to the club, for mods, I have done some as well as others and posted here so just read all 27 pages in the club. I know it's alot to sift through but there's so much good info there that your bound to use sooner or later.

#1323 8 years ago

The upper loop would be too easy without that post.

Sticky - congrats on getting your Getaway. It was my first pin, too. To reset high scores, open the coin door and hold down the enter button for 5-10 seconds. I think it should be labeled as such, too. I forget - only did it once. You can always pull the batteries out with the power off and that will do a full factory reset.

Leds are the best mod you can do if not already done. I followed MustangPaul's example and lit up the gauge plastics over the slings with a comet light strip and one in the back behind the supercharger. I'm not a big fan of tacking on toys and junk to the playfield but some do.

#1324 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You can always pull the batteries out with the power off and that will do a full factory reset.

As far as i'm aware the machine will still revert to factory set high scores when you do this and unless i read the post incorrectly that's what he wanted to change.

#1325 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

No diamond plate markings on the pf. I have confirmed it's a first run machine which did not have dp. I might need to dig deeper and see if it's a proto. Either way I don't see this leaving anytime soon.

Mine must be a very early run or a proto as the promo flyer looks just like my machine. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/103881/1783749-g2.jpg

Not sure if that makes it anything special,still a great machine.

#1326 8 years ago

Little update on mountensmod.

Just installed the far left one, big mountain and didn't like it, it will bee redesigned again.

Again thanks for all mails, get alot of shipping questions, i have sweat deal with fedex, shipping prices will bee cheapper then normal. But please wait with all buying/shipping questions for now. Let's talk about ideas for different designs

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#1327 8 years ago

The manufacture date & serial number should provide a clue.

Quoted from reboot:

Mine must be a very early run or a proto as the promo flyer looks just like my machine. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/103881/1783749-g2.jpg
Not sure if that makes it anything special,still a great machine.

#1328 8 years ago

Here's a slight variation to what MustangPaul did to his Getaway. He used polished stainless steel. I went with 1/8 thick, 1 inch wide mirrored acrylic strips to reflect more light onto the playfield.

Some before/after pics...

DSC_1784.jpgDSC_1784.jpg

DSC_1785.jpgDSC_1785.jpg

DSC_1786.jpgDSC_1786.jpg

DSC_1787.jpgDSC_1787.jpg

#1329 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The upper loop would be too easy without that post.
Sticky - congrats on getting your Getaway. It was my first pin, too. To reset high scores, open the coin door and hold down the enter button for 5-10 seconds. I think it should be labeled as such, too. I forget - only did it once. You can always pull the batteries out with the power off and that will do a full factory reset.
Leds are the best mod you can do if not already done. I followed MustangPaul's example and lit up the gauge plastics over the slings with a comet light strip and one in the back behind the supercharger. I'm not a big fan of tacking on toys and junk to the playfield but some do.

Thank you for your reply.

The factory reset though from what I understand still keeps the factory supplied high scores. I did the factory reset through the menu but they are still there. Oh well, looks like I just have to play better.

Would you happen to know how to raise the supercharger boost? Hitting the lower three targets lights the kicksback but doesn't increase the supercharger boost. Is this a rom version issue?

#1330 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

As far as i'm aware the machine will still revert to factory set high scores when you do this and unless i read the post incorrectly that's what he wanted to change.

You read it correctly, this is what I meant. Thanks.

#1331 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It's possible there could be a switch error but if it works for the first ball release it should be fine for the rest, i'd check to see if the post is snagging on anything, is it bent at all? Although it doesn't drop down a massive amount it could be getting caught up somewhere. For the second question, as far as i know you can't reset or change the factory high score settings until you get better scores yourself and henceforth knock the factory ones out of the listing.

The post is fine. Let me try to explain it better.

When it goes into that area there are these sort of two metal hooks hanging down into the ramp before the post I guess as sensors? The second ball seems to get snagged on one of those hooks. The post goes down but the second ball stays. It's frustrating as it doesn't happen all the time but frequently.

I'll go through the diagnostics and see if I can figure out if something mechanically is off.

#1332 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Little update on mountensmod.
Just installed the far left one, big mountain and didn't like it, it will bee redesigned again.
Again thanks for all mails, get alot of shipping questions, i have sweat deal with fedex, shipping prices will bee cheapper then normal. But please wait with all buying/shipping questions for now. Let's talk about ideas for different designs

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Looks like you are making good progress. Not sure how big you can print but some alternatives to the mountain mod for the upper right corner would be nice. Could be made in multiple parts too I suppose.

#1333 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Thank you for your reply.
The factory reset though from what I understand still keeps the factory supplied high scores. I did the factory reset through the menu but they are still there. Oh well, looks like I just have to play better.
Would you happen to know how to raise the supercharger boost? Hitting the lower three targets lights the kicksback but doesn't increase the supercharger boost. Is this a rom version issue?

as for the high score reset - did you try to hold down enter for 5-10 seconds? Interested to see if that works as I want to achieve the same thing (just keep my high scores).

#1334 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

When it goes into that area there are these sort of two metal hooks hanging down into the ramp before the post I guess as sensors? The second ball seems to get snagged on one of those hooks

OK, those metal hooks are part of the switches, the first (closest to the front of the machine) and the third (back one) hang down into the wire form and the middle one sticks out from the side. These tell the machine that the balls are actually in the locks, so when all 3 switches are activated it confirms to go into multi ball mode. My machine will sometimes just release all 3 balls in one go, or, on occasion it will release one, the post will pop back up, and then release the next, etc. If your machine is releasing one ball and then doing nothing afterwards that would make me think that the one of the switches (possibly middle switch) isn't activating. Having said that though my understanding is that the machine would react by thinking there isn't enough balls to even start the multi ball process.

#1335 8 years ago

You can change the default high scores. I did that so my boys could put up their initials - at least for a short while until I played. If I remember right, you change the default scores in the hstd settings. After doing that, resetting the high scores should put them to your settings. If you don't know already, you can view the manual here:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1000

Indy - those mirrored strips look awesome. Where did you get them?

Den - I get what you are doing now. If you do a whole set of mountain toppers that looks pretty good. I would make that Getaway logo one look like it's carved out of a mountain. Do some more for the right side. Maybe splash some gray paint on them to get a better feel of how they look.

#1336 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

With permission to post from MJW, below is his feedback on my new Getaway Supercharger Ramp Lights mod. Thank you MJW for the nice feedback!
getawayfeedback1.jpg
More info can be seen at http://www.leesparts.com/products/getaway-supercharger-lights.html

Just ordered this! I was wondering why the supercharger and redline didn't light up. Definitely will enhance gameplay.

#1337 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You can change the default high scores. I did that so my boys could put up their initials - at least for a short while until I played. If I remember right, you change the default scores in the hstd settings. After doing that, resetting the high scores should put them to your settings. If you don't know already, you can view the manual here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1000
Den - I get what you are doing now. If you do a whole set of mountain toppers that looks pretty good. I would make that Getaway logo one look like it's carved out of a mountain. Do some more for the right side. Maybe splash some gray paint on them to get a better feel of how they look.

Ahhh this is what I was missing. I changed the default scores to 00 in the menu but it didn't do anything. I guess I have to do a reset AFTER that. I'll go give it a shot.

Thank you.

#1338 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I bought them at a local plastic company.

#1339 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OK, those metal hooks are part of the switches, the first (closest to the front of the machine) and the third (back one) hang down into the wire form and the middle one sticks out from the side. These tell the machine that the balls are actually in the locks, so when all 3 switches are activated it confirms to go into multi ball mode. My machine will sometimes just release all 3 balls in one go, or, on occasion it will release one, the post will pop back up, and then release the next, etc. If your machine is releasing one ball and then doing nothing afterwards that would make me think that the one of the switches (possibly middle switch) isn't activating. Having said that though my understanding is that the machine would react by thinking there isn't enough balls to even start the multi ball process.

You're onto something here.

My machine releases one ball at a time. So, one ball gets released, another is in play, and I have two balls with the third stuck on that second or middle hook/switch.

The machine doesn't register that the ball was not released so after I drain the two it thinks the third is still in play and it just sort of sits there going through the solenoids trying to release a stuck ball somewhere on the playfield. Sometimes when the game ends before multiball and the ball is to be released and it does not the machine says not enough pinballs until I manually push it out and it drains.

So I just have to figure out the issue with the second switch. I'm not sure what I need to replace or do though.

#1340 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

as for the high score reset - did you try to hold down enter for 5-10 seconds? Interested to see if that works as I want to achieve the same thing (just keep my high scores).

Just wanted to say this worked! What I had to do was manually change the high scores in the menu to lower them down and do the reset afterwards by holding down the button for 5-10 seconds.

Finally I get my initials on the machine

#1341 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

20150921_203116.jpg 20150921_203122.jpg

You definitely have a sample game. Look on the front of your cabinet to see if it has headlights printed on there also. What version software does your game have? A friend of mine has the very first sample game that I played when it was on test that used to have the key to start up the game.

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a slight variation to what MustangPaul did to his Getaway. He used polished stainless steel. I went with 1/8 thick, 1 inch wide mirrored acrylic strips to reflect more light onto the playfield.

DSC_1784.jpg DSC_1785.jpg DSC_1786.jpg DSC_1787.jpg

That looks slick, the "mini mirrors" that's what I like to call them really make a diff. for lighting the plastics. Nicely done.

#1343 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

You definitely have a sample game. Look on the front of your cabinet to see if it has headlights printed on there also. What version software does your game have? A friend of mine has the very first sample game that I played when it was on test that used to have the key to start up the game.

I have the first gen art package,headlights on the front. The game has L-5 roms on it (I think) but I am pretty sure these have been replaced.

#1344 8 years ago

Does anyone have high resolution versions of the side or cabinet art?

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I went with 1/8 thick, 1 inch wide mirrored acrylic strips to reflect more light onto the playfield.

DSC_1784.jpg DSC_1785.jpg DSC_1786.jpg DSC_1787.jpg

I've been doing that to my machines for a couple years now, really brings out the artwork in the plastics.. Pics don't do justice

#1346 8 years ago

Ok the plot thickens on my "proto" machine. I think it is DP as the play field is still near mint and I have the barcode sticker under the left outlane and it looks to be cleared over. I do not have "Diamond Plate" listed on the right side though.

So I am going to assume it has a DP coat on it. Which leads to my next question... Is it safe for me to pop out an insert to relevel it? I assume so since its raised but want to make sure. I have done this on other machines I own but they do not have a DP clear on them.

#1347 8 years ago

I'm guessing I have a very early run pf? Why would there be 2 dates stamped on it though?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

2 more pics.
Thank you for your time.

image.jpg image_1.jpg

I think it´s a good idea, but it needs to come alive... I would airbrush it and drybrush the letters in whatever colour would suit the owner.. Then I´d put down a wash to bring out the letters even more which also "3d's" the sign.. Finally a good coat of clear.

To see what I mean pls see the below thread... I did the paintwork for the the two Alien heads for SEGA´s Independence Day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-id4-restoration/page/4

regards
Matt

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

Ok the plot thickens on my "proto" machine. I think it is DP as the play field is still near mint and I have the barcode sticker under the left outlane and it looks to be cleared over. I do not have "Diamond Plate" listed on the right side though.
So I am going to assume it has a DP coat on it. Which leads to my next question... Is it safe for me to pop out an insert to relevel it? I assume so since its raised but want to make sure. I have done this on other machines I own but they do not have a DP clear on them.

They ALL have diamondplate/clearcoated playfields regardless of the playfield having the logo printed on it or not.

I can't answer your question about the insert though, I have no experience with doing that.

#1350 8 years ago

I'm finally starting to put my Getaway back together.

I noticed in this thread, that the wiring harness for the supercharger ramp is routed above/behind the PF backboard....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-supercharger-removal-tutorial

My wiring harness is routed thru the hole in the upper left corner of the PF. Which was is correct?

DSC_1677.jpgDSC_1677.jpg

DSC_1678.jpgDSC_1678.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.