• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 198.
#1251 4 years ago

I am having a problem with my ball lock coil if anyone can help - I created a thread over here in the tech section: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-help-with-ball-lock-coil-locking-on-cpu-board-at-fault#post-2666868

Thanks.

#1252 4 years ago

I just started my shop job on my Getaway.

I noticed the cover plate over the shooter lane is just painted black.

Has anyone created a decal for this?

IMO, anything would look better than just the black paint.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I just started my shob job on my Getaway.
I noticed the cover plate over the shooter lane is just painted black.
Has anyone created a decal for this?
IMO, anything would look better than just the black paint.

What's a "shob" job? Sorry just had to do it. No one that I've seen has made a decal.

#1254 4 years ago

MustangPaul,

I really appreciate all of the input you've done on this post.

I plan on installing all of the lighting mods you've done on Getaway.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

MustangPaul,
I really appreciate all of the input you've done on this post.
I plan on installing all of the lighting mods you've done on Getaway.

Well thank you sir, Getaway is gonna get my red leg light-ups. I'm just glad I don't have 37 games like you do to mod.

#1256 4 years ago

Silly question - the supercharger plastic is missing the bayonets. Are these GI bulbs or flashers? I can't find anything in the manual describing them. Also - I try putting normal lamp sockets in there and they don't fit right. Assuming these are wider flashers, where can I find proper sockets for these?

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Silly question - the supercharger plastic is missing the bayonets. Are these GI bulbs or flashers? I can't find anything in the manual describing them. Also - I try putting normal lamp sockets in there and they don't fit right. Assuming these are wider flashers, where can I find proper sockets for these?

They are flashers, not sure about the sockets, did ya try Marco.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are flashers, not sure about the sockets, did ya try Marco.

Thanks! Terry's my go to guy, will try him first.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=300 These look like they may work

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Thanks! Terry's my go to guy, will try him first.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=300 These look like they may work

Yup Terry is good and his shipping is cheaper. I don't think those will work they are sub miniture, you need the 906 socket I believe. Ask Terry.

#1260 4 years ago

Has anyone tweaked the LEFT post of the supercharger ramp, so that denied balls that come back out don't donk against that post and go wide right? I am not going to bend the metal ramp flap towards that post and make it flush, but DARN I'd sure like to...

A shot I take a LOT is off the left flipper from a resting catch position. The ball goes up the ramp and usually comes back out... =( -- but when this happens, it hits off the post and goes wide right instead of going back to the flippers and giving me another shot. I think it's poor design.

Has anyone tried improving this behavior?

-mof

#1261 4 years ago

Really simple mod, that enhances gameplay.

Well at right side, williams has predrilled two holes and hade screw spot also.

I did put in two lampsockets there with regular bulbs.

It lits the path up to the upperflipper loop, if you play in dark room, this is a must have mod, simple to doo and great for the gameplay, easyer to make the picard-loop-shot now

image.jpg

#1262 4 years ago

must try that. Im shopping out mine right now and I did notice the 2 holes below the ball lock. why not fill in the space. and it's a mod that no one will notice

#1263 4 years ago

Its a really nice mod.

If you find more holes while shopping, please share

#1264 4 years ago

Where did you find the lamp sockets for the 2 lamps you installed?

I cant find any lamp sockets that match the stock ones. The stock socket brackets appear to be 5/16ths tall. The closest match I could find is 1/2 inch tall.

#1265 4 years ago

Bought some from bestofpinball, but yes they are not as tall as the originals, but still okey i think

#1266 4 years ago

Little update.
New design on the way.
Will be transperrent, maby match colours of the red popbumpercapsel.

In a couple of hours new design will be printed and ready to installe and play.

Will update again...

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#1267 4 years ago

Sweet!!

#1268 4 years ago

Prototype printed

image.jpg

#1269 4 years ago

Nice!

#1270 4 years ago

Sweet...

Plan on selling them?

I'm interested.

#1271 4 years ago

To start with no, but i now have 22 private mails from here, people asking about buying this mod.

When i have the finished product, if you guys still like it, then yess i can sell them in here to all you getaway lovers.

I'm thinking about making mountain mod instead of the plastic at top left popbumper. Stay tuned

image.jpg

#1272 4 years ago

Looks great, thanks for posting. I would love to see the mountain mod!

#1273 4 years ago

I'm interested in seeing the mountain mod too.

#1274 4 years ago

Guys i really appreciate your PMs

Thanks.

Finished product will bee molded in plastic red, will try to match popbumperred. Will bee pretty tranperrent, wish there were more then only one bulb underleeth

#1275 4 years ago

Little mountain mod again only work in progress

Input ideas welcome

image.jpg

#1276 4 years ago

When you said mountain mod, I thought it would be over the tunnel shot - like the prototype mountain. Looks out of place there.

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

When you said mountain mod, I thought it would be over the tunnel shot - like the prototype mountain. Looks out of place there.

Yeah that's what I thought to. Doesn't look good.

#1278 4 years ago

hey guys - I saw a picture above that said grand champion on the DMD. Not sure mine actually retains or shows high score. Anyway I can confirm this or where does it display this? Not I feel like I've been cheated ; ) It does show my last score (along with another right next to it) but doesn't say grand champion...

#1279 4 years ago

Adjustment A.4 01 allows you to disable high scores. Maybe they've been disabled.

#1280 4 years ago

thanks!

btw - best place to get a replacement plastic? Mine has a very minor crack on the plastic to the left of the table with the police car on it right above left bumper. Also - might be a dumb question but how are the LED light strips applied? Seems like you can just attach them to certain areas but I'm sure they need to be wired up as well.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also - might be a dumb question but how are the LED light strips applied? Seems like you can just attach them to certain areas but I'm sure they need to be wired up as well.

Go to cometpinball.com and get the 6.3v strips, they come with 3 different connectors and are peel and stick.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Little mountain mod again only work in progress
Input ideas welcome

image.jpg

I think it's got potential. A combo of trees/bushes and mountains would fit right in. Painted to look like the plastics would look good. Maybe on the right in your photo instead of the Getaway sign. "The Getaway" is already plastered all over, more landscape would be cool. Or how about a billboard there?

#1283 4 years ago

I've been busy shopping my Getaway since picking it up on 9/3.

As usual, with most of my shop jobs, I tend to go a little over-board.

I've spent the last 3 days, (19 hours total) measuring/designing/machining my playfield plastic protector set for Getaway. 12 pieces in all.

DSC_1776.jpg
DSC_1778.jpg
PROTECTOR_2.jpg
DSC_1779.jpg

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've been busy shopping my Getaway since picking it up on 9/3.
As usual, with most of my shop jobs, I tend to go a little over-board.
I've spent the last 3 days, (19 hours total) measuring/designing/machining my playfield plastic protector set for Getaway. 12 pieces in all.
DSC_1776.jpg
DSC_1778.jpg
PROTECTOR_2.jpg
DSC_1779.jpg

WOW!!! and it looks you have the means to do a top job on them too. Are they laser cut?

#1285 4 years ago

I have a BIG advantage over most pinball people...

I have my own cnc machine shop....LOL

#1286 4 years ago

I've been designing/machining protectors for all of my pins.

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a BIG advantage over most pinball people...
I have my own cnc machine shop....LOL

Yup that's a BIG help.

#1288 4 years ago

Super cool, indy!

#1289 4 years ago

I need to replace my instruction card/game card (whatever the two cards on called on the bottom of the table). Best place to get them?

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Adjustment A.4 01 allows you to disable high scores. Maybe they've been disabled.

thats exactly what the problem was. After I changed it, all was good.

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I need to replace my instruction card/game card (whatever the two cards on called on the bottom of the table). Best place to get them?

http://www.pinballcards.com

These are awesome, getaway has been added recently! Pls donate to keep them coming!
Cheers

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

http://www.pinballcards.com
These are awesome, getaway has been added recently! Pls donate to keep them coming!
Cheers

and do you know what makes the cards even better? Making them bigger and mounting them on that magnetic material. I did a few games like that, Getaway included and what's really great about them besides the size is because there magnetic they never fall off the apron.

#1293 4 years ago

Anyone ever changed the colors on the Supercharger flasher domes? Was thinking about red, yellow, green, but that might not look right.

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone ever changed the colors on the Supercharger flasher domes? Was thinking about red, yellow, green, but that might not look right.

Not me, I like-um red.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I tried it. just didn't look right considering there are no green or yellow flasher. reverted them back

#1296 4 years ago

After working on my turbo ramp for almost 14 hours, it's almost ready to be re-installed. All opto switches have been replaced. 2 of the 3 steel ramp sections are new. New ramp plap installed. Steel ramp components have all been re-grained and polished.

I've installed my plastic protectors on the ramp sign plastics, (both pieces). I wound up installing 1/8 inch spacers in place of the 1/4 inch spacers on the sign assembly. Using the 1/4 inch spacers, along with my protectors, the 2 lamps were set too far back. I didn't like the looks of it. Using 1/8 spacers brought the lamps forward a bit, which looked a lot better IMO.

DSC_1783.jpg

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I tried it. just didn't look right considering there are no green or yellow flasher. reverted them back

That is what I was thinking, would look odd with three colors.

Might switch them to all blue just to mess with it.

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

After working on my turbo ramp for almost 14 hours, it's almost ready to be re-installed. All opto switches have been replaced. 2 of the 3 steel ramp sections are new. New ramp plap installed. Steel ramp components have all been re-grained and polished.
I've installed my plastic protectors on the ramp sign plastics, (both pieces). I wound up installing 1/8 inch spacers in place of the 1/4 inch spacers on the sign assembly. Using the 1/4 inch spacers, along with my protectors, the 2 lamps were set too far back. I didn't like the looks of it. Using 1/8 spacers brought the lamps forward a bit, which looked a lot better IMO.

DSC_1783.jpg

Dang...nice job, it looks new.

#1299 4 years ago

Thanks MustangPaul.

I plan on using a lot of the lighting mods you've come up with for The Getaway...(or slight variations of your ideas).

#1300 4 years ago

Cool. The red ramp led strip make the racetrack light up way cool along with the red domes on the charger. I think it gives the impression that as the ball is going around it's going soooo fast that the metal starts to heat and glow red. My leg light-up are gonna look cool on the game too. I gots a good imagination. There's a new mod that will be coming from a well known Pinsider that I'm testing that's really neat and should be out in a few weeks that would look great on Getaway. I'll post more when I'm allowed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bel Air, MD
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside