• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 275.
#12801 12 months ago
Quoted from PinHead25:

Hello fellow getaway owners,
I recently restored my getaway and have been playing the crap out of it( maybe too much). Well anyways I was in multiball and my supercharger was getting heavy use, then all of a sudden it died on me. When I go into test mode none of the optos are working, though they were before. Anybody else have this issue before and know how to fix this? I believe the issue lies on that opto board on the bottom of the playfield. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some of the result pictures[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A year or so ago, I believe I had the diverter, and the SC magnet optos show up with errors at the same time. I never tried to test them in test mode. I looked over the wiring to these devices and saw something that told me might cause a short, so I rearranged the wiring somewhat (just pushing a few of the wires away from solder connections for other wires that they seemed too close to) and the problem went away. I've also had the SC entrance ramp opto show up with an error a couple of times and just shuffled the wires (in that area) around a bit and the problem again went away. Other times I experienced some device on the game that just stop working, and it turned out to be a wire that broke free from a solder connection, so I suggest you inspect the wiring to the devices that aren't working. If it is a wiring problem, only one wire with a short or break could cause more than one device to not work. Hope this helps.

#12802 12 months ago
Quoted from PinHead25:Hello fellow getaway owners,
I recently restored my getaway and have been playing the crap out of it( maybe too much). Well anyways I was in multiball and my supercharger was getting heavy use, then all of a sudden it died on me. When I go into test mode none of the optos are working, though they were before. Anybody else have this issue before and know how to fix this? I believe the issue lies on that opto board on the bottom of the playfield. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

No such thing as too much!

I agree, that's it's probably an accelerator board issue, check the connections, are the LED's on? It's an inexpensive swap for a new one, I repaired mine and bought a new one as a backup, just in case they become unavailable, they both run in the mid to lows 80's in test mode. Good luck

#12803 12 months ago
Quoted from PinHead25:

Hello fellow getaway owners,

Beautiful..... Now get that system 11 lockdown bar off of it.

#12804 12 months ago

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the feed back and suggestions

Wish it was this easy. First thing I checked and all of them read and look good

Quoted from tiltmonster:

No such thing as too much!
I agree, that's it's probably an accelerator board issue, check the connections, are the LED's on? It's an inexpensive swap for a new one, I repaired mine and bought a new one as a backup, just in case they become unavailable, they both run in the mid to lows 80's in test mode. Good luck

No LEDs on the accelerator ramp board are on. Is this because the board is bad or because it’s not getting power. Any points I should test to fix this.

Quoted from golfergordy:

A year or so ago, I believe I had the diverter, and the SC magnet optos show up with errors at the same time. I never tried to test them in test mode. I looked over the wiring to these devices and saw something that told me might cause a short, so I rearranged the wiring somewhat (just pushing a few of the wires away from solder connections for other wires that they seemed too close to) and the problem went away. I've also had the SC entrance ramp opto show up with an error a couple of times and just shuffled the wires (in that area) around a bit and the problem again went away. Other times I experienced some device on the game that just stop working, and it turned out to be a wire that broke free from a solder connection, so I suggest you inspect the wiring to the devices that aren't working. If it is a wiring problem, only one wire with a short or break could cause more than one device to not work. Hope this helps.

Hello I appear to be having the same/similar issue. Game is reading no optos. Displays divertor error message but high power works and low/hold power does not. Next steps will be removing this ramp and inspecting this wiring

Again any suggestions are greatly appreciated, even if they don’t work. Thank for all the feedback

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Beautiful..... Now get that system 11 lockdown bar off of it.

Hahaha yes, I know this would trigger some. Original was beat and had major weld spots. I thought they would show through the chrome so I swapped it out for one I had on hand. Will use it in whirlwind if I ever get to restoring that game

- Pinhead25

#12805 12 months ago

Alright so I just pulled the supercharger of the game. Found two spots that were shorting on the coil for the divertor. Fixed that by adding insulation and everything else tested good. However I’m still getting this issue and no lights are powered on the board. Maybe I shorted out the board and it needs work/replacing? Though the issue remain, I do feel this was a step in the right direction addressing this grounding issue. Any other ideas before I buy a new board?
Grant

#12806 12 months ago

Agreed. That's what I'd check first as the magnets are prone to blow fuses.

#12807 12 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Classily mounted on 2 pieces of 4 by 4
The actual light bar looks ok but yeahh not my thing

If I wanted a full-size light bar to go off when my Getaway beacon went off I'd just mount the light bar on the wall and be done with it.

I actually think it would be cooler if the light bar was mounted halfway or all the way across the room. You'd get the beacon going on the top of the backbox and at the same time the police lights all the way across the room would also "spontaneously" go off.

Because unless you can find a light bar the same width (or smaller) as the backbox, it's just going to look off.

#12808 12 months ago
Quoted from exnooyorka:

If I wanted a full-size light bar to go off when my Getaway beacon went off I'd just mount the light bar on the wall and be done with it.

I actually think it would be cooler if the light bar was mounted halfway or all the way across the room. You'd get the beacon going on the top of the backbox and at the same time the police lights all the way across the room would also "spontaneously" go off.

Because unless you can find a light bar the same width (or smaller) as the backbox, it's just going to look off.

Yeah totally agree. I'm sure i spotted a pic ages ago where someone had a light bar mounted to the wall beside their Getaway machine, certainly seen a few pics of full size traffic lights on a pedestal beside a machine (and hooked into the wiring)

#12809 12 months ago

Picked up one of these today. What is the deal with the "missing plastics"? I see a place in au is selling them, although they look different. I actually am completely missing one and the other is destroyed and I'm having trouble finding it....

PXL_20230402_041514790 (resized).jpgPXL_20230402_041514790 (resized).jpgPXL_20230402_041517086 (resized).jpgPXL_20230402_041517086 (resized).jpg
#12810 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Picked up one of these today. What is the deal with the "missing plastics"? I see a place in au is selling them, although they look different. I actually am completely missing one and the other is destroyed and I'm having trouble finding it....
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's not missing, it was an add on "mod" and the broken plastic was a part of the CPR set, the original was a metal plate, both are available for sale.

EDIT: you are also missing your star post, some people remove it to make the loop shot easier.

EDIT 2: the star post will also save your plastic but, it looks like it's already cracked.

Before (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpg

#12811 12 months ago

Hey, guys, I've owned my gateway for about a year now; for the life of me, I can't get my red beacon to function correctly, and it doesn't turn on in multi-ball or at all during gameplay, but it will turn on during testing options. (I’ve had a pinball tech friend look at it and still no luck

Anyway, I'm guessing I will need to replace it altogether. Are there any tasteful led options? Or any traditional replacement red halo light kits out there?

Thanks

#12812 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey, guys, I've owned my gateway for about a year now; for the life of me, I can't get my red beacon to function correctly, and it doesn't turn on in multi-ball or at all during gameplay, but it will turn on during testing options. (I’ve had a pinball tech friend look at it and still no luck
Anyway, I'm guessing I will need to replace it altogether. Are there any tasteful led options? Or any traditional replacement red halo light kits out there?
Thanks

What do you mean it doesn't turn on, does it light and not spin? It functions correctly (spins and lights) during testing?

#12813 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

What do you mean it doesn't turn on, does it light and not spin? It functions correctly (spins and lights) during testing?

Does not light and does not spin during game play.

#12814 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Does not light and does not spin during game play.

Did you check your settings?

#12815 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Did you check your settings?

It lights up during test in settings.

Is there a specific setting it's supposed to be on in options?

#12816 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

It lights up during test in settings.
Is there a specific setting it's supposed to be on in options?

I'll have to look, may be thinking a different feature, been a while probably thinking of the test mode...

#12817 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'll have to look, may be thinking a different feature, been a while probably thinking of the test mode...

We'll thank you for the help

#12819 12 months ago

Can you point me to a domestic source for the missing and broken? I only found it in au. Appreciate the Info, it was hard to tell what was actually missing from internet pics.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's not missing, it was an add on "mod" and the broken plastic was a part of the CPR set, the original was a metal plate, both are available for sale.
EDIT: you are also missing your star post, some people remove it to make the loop shot easier.
EDIT 2: the star post will also save your plastic but, it looks like it's already cracked.
[quoted image]

#12820 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I make and sell both of those pieces. To my knowledge, I was the first to create the left bank plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/70#post-3415047

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/67#post-3408024

#12822 12 months ago

Mr Tantrum was the original and I got some through him.
Unfortunately I sold my game to our village idiot in au years ago (regrettably now) and he has since copied all of Mr Tantrum and my mods and sells them as his own now. He's even claimed the game resto to people. Avoid at all costs, he's a piece of work.

#12823 12 months ago

If anyone was willing to supply the specs on these I can likely have some made in brushed or shiny....Buddy's machine shop I'm sure can turn these over pretty quick.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

[quoted image]

#12824 12 months ago

That's "pinball haus" I guess?

Quoted from KJS:

Mr Tantrum was the original and I got some through him.
Unfortunately I sold my game to our village idiot in au years ago (regrettably now) and he has since copied all of Mr Tantrum and my mods and sells them as his own now. He's even claimed the game resto to people. Avoid at all costs, he's a piece of work.

#12825 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Where do you sell them?

PM me and I'll send you a list of what I offer and provide payment info.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12826 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If anyone was willing to supply the specs on these I can likely have some made in brushed or shiny....Buddy's machine shop I'm sure can turn these over pretty quick.

Are you talking for the metal plate? That was the original, then there was a sticker for the plate and then came the plastic

Plastic decal (resized).jpgPlastic decal (resized).jpg
#12827 12 months ago

Yeah I'm going go buy the plastic one from tantrum but I'd like to replace with something that won't break, ever. I see cliffy has one, so I guess there are some options.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Are you talking for the metal plate? That was the original, then there was a sticker for the plate and then came the plastic[quoted image]

#12828 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mars light setting (resized).jpgMars light setting (resized).jpg
#12829 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yeah I'm going go buy the plastic one from tantrum

Cliffy has a thing metal one you can put underneath to prevent it from breaking on the frequent impacts.

#12830 11 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Cliffy has a thing metal one you can put underneath to prevent it from breaking on the frequent impacts.

I've had the plastic version in my game for over 6 years and not a single blemish. I've not had any of the dozens of people I've sold them to alert me that theirs have damaged either (of course I can't speak for a fact that none have). As long as you don't overtighten the screws/nuts and compress the plastic to the point where it cracks, the plastic version should be quite reliable for you. Personally, I prefer the illuminated plastic over the metal plate, but others may decide otherwise.

#12831 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've had the plastic version in my game for over 6 years and not a single blemish. I've not had any of the dozens of people I've sold them to alert me that theirs have damaged either (of course I can't speak for a fact that none have). As long as you don't overtighten the screws/nuts and compress the plastic to the point where it cracks, the plastic version should be quite reliable for you. Personally, I prefer the illuminated plastic over the metal plate, but others may decide otherwise.

The plate will cancel out the need or the reason for the plastic, and my plastic, like yours has lasted at least that long if not longer.

#12832 11 months ago

I'll give the plastic a try, but I think I'll get the measurements in case I need to have something made later. Looking forward to getting my stuff. Thanks tantrum.

#12833 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'll give the plastic a try, but I think I'll get the measurements in case I need to have something made later. Looking forward to getting my stuff. Thanks tantrum.

Just trace the plastic I'm sending along with hole positions for a template to make a metal version.

#12834 11 months ago

Just discovered the different revisions of the ROM's on this pin....I have l-1 and sound-1, anyone have a cheap source for an l-2 rom? I looked at burning them but I just don't think I have the required bandwidth anymore to re-learn all that

#12835 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Just discovered the different revisions of the ROM's on this pin....I have l-1 and sound-1, anyone have a cheap source for an l-2 rom? I looked at burning them but I just don't think I have the required bandwidth anymore to re-learn all that

There's people that burnnthem

Quoted from jrcmlc:

Pinballrom.com will do it. He's in Canada.

Also, group seems to prefer L-2 but mine is P-C and better IMO.

#12836 11 months ago

Thanks, I'm in touch with him. What do you prefer about your Rev vs l-2?

Quoted from pkrobin:

There's people that burnnthem

Pinballrom.com will do it. He's in Canada.
Also, group seems to prefer L-2 but mine is P-C and better IMO.

#12837 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Thanks, I'm in touch with him. What do you prefer about your Rev vs l-2?

Generally you want the most recent ROM which officially is L5. But it's missing some of the DMD animations so P-C is basically L5 with this added back. I haven't played L2 much but my impression was it scores much higher so maybe that's part of the appeal for others. It might also have the multiball bug, can't remember. Mine doesn't.

#12838 11 months ago

Just search this thread for details regarding the major version features, as the differences in ROM versions has been discussed ad nauseum.

#12839 11 months ago

I got busy with that last night, pretty interesting. I ordered l-2 and l-5 so I guess I'll L-1, L-2 and L-5 to choose from. I bought this game as a birthday gift for my wife who stumbled into it in colorado and loved it, that one was L-2 I'm guessing because she had the neverending multiball happen while she was playing at the barcarde lol

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just search this thread for details regarding the major version features, as the differences in ROM versions has been discussed ad nauseum.

#12840 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I got busy with that last night, pretty interesting. I ordered l-2 and l-5 so I guess I'll L-1, L-2 and L-5 to choose from. I bought this game as a birthday gift for my wife who stumbled into it in colorado and loved it, that one was L-2 I'm guessing because she had the neverending multiball happen while she was playing at the barcarde lol

Nice gift for "the wife"!

The glitch issue has been discussed and each person's experience with that differs. I've owned my pin since 2003 and it's happened once, I'm not sure what triggers it to happen but others have had it occur more often. I'm sticking with L2 but your decision may be different.

#12841 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I use L-3 & it's been great. I believe it's the best of both L-2 & L-5. No free ride bug & staged flippers. Has all the dmd animations too. I use the game in my bi-weekly tournaments & it does great in tournament mode as well. I typically order roms from Matt's Basement Arcade.

#12842 11 months ago

I do like all the animations in l-1, I guess I'll see. I guess I'm a little surprised nobody has done a custom rom.

#12843 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I do like all the animations in l-1, I guess I'll see. I guess I'm a little surprised nobody has done a custom rom.

I believe there are 2 prototype ROMs.

#12844 11 months ago

You know what we need? An add-on board, or aftermarket CPU board that allows switching, or what they are doing on bad cats where you can switch between based on user input at startup.

Quoted from pkrobin:

I believe there are 2 prototype ROMs.

#12845 11 months ago

Looking at colordmd now....anyone have any thoughts on that?

#12846 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Looking at colordmd now....anyone have any thoughts on that?

Oh boy here we go...

#12848 11 months ago

It been addressed and subjective between LCD and LED, whichever ColorDMD you purchase it will be a great upgrade. I have the LCD in 2 games, returned the LED but others prefer the LED.

20221117_165649_resized (resized).jpg20221117_165649_resized (resized).jpgColorDMD LED (resized).jpgColorDMD LED (resized).jpg
#12849 11 months ago

Top being led?

Quoted from tiltmonster:

It been addressed and subjective between LCD and LED, whichever ColorDMD you purchase it will be a great upgrade. I have the LCD in 2 games, returned the LED but others prefer the LED. [quoted image][quoted image]

#12850 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Top being led?

Top, smooth animations is the LCD

DOTS is LED

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/257 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.