• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 277.
#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Airballs are coming off the targets. Do target cushions actually reduce the intensity of airballs? Does Mr_Tantrum claim airball reduction with his target cushions?

The cushions also protect your targets from breaking.

#12452 1 year ago

My HS2 developed a new problem.
The playfield doesn’t power up.
No lights at all, no flippers no DMD, nothing. The pinsound boots up.
I think all the connectors are tight.
I don’t know where to start looking.
Any suggestions ?

#12453 1 year ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

My HS2 developed a new problem.
The playfield doesn’t power up.
No lights at all, no flippers no DMD, nothing. The pinsound boots up.
I think all the connectors are tight.
I don’t know where to start looking.
Any suggestions ?

Any Leds showing on the MPU board?? If not, try re-seating the power connector between the MPU and the Driver board, it's the one below the data cable that goes to the MPU (J114) I'm not sure where the pinsound board draws power from as i don't have one on any of my machines. Are there any leds lit on the driver board?? If that's a no then check the connector that brings in power from the transformer. From memory that's J101 (has blue and red wires into the connector)

#12454 1 year ago

Mancave
I unplugged j101 and plugged it back in. Flipped on the powe and I’m good to go!
I Kurds I diddnt check that one.
Thanks!

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

I unplugged j101 and plugged it back in. Flipped on the powe and I’m good to go!
I Kurds I diddnt check that one.
Thanks!

Good to hear that sorted it
Had same thing happen to my Black Rose recently and that connector was the issue. It will probably be best long term if you replace the connector itself and re wire it. For my BR machine the wires looked ok and i'd gone over them with the Pancon tool again to make sure the wires were seated properly but it didn't sort it completely so i replaced the connector and refreshed the wires, that fixed it!!
Other thing that could create the same problem with that connector is a cold solder joint on the board header pins. If you have replaced/rewired the connector you can rule that part out at least for future reference.

#12456 1 year ago

Mancave
It happened again
No DMD
no playfield lights
Ugggggg

#12457 1 year ago

Sounds like you've got a connector to re-pin at J101, hopefully that's all you have to do. Good luck!

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Sounds like you've got a connector to re-pin at J101, hopefully that's all you have to do. Good luck!

Making up a new connecter is easy enough. I’ve made a few. Need to order some molex connectors . I wonder if Radio shack in Toms River might have some….

This is what’s a bit strang.
I messed with the connector last night and it didn't do anything. But I kept the machine on. I turned it off and back on then presto, it’s all lit up .
That leads me to believe something else might be going on. I had the MPU repaired, maintenances & tested. A year or so ago. I would imagine it’s still in proper working order.
The DMD also acts a bit strange. It lights up but looks like static. After a half hour or so, the static turns into the proper grafix.
Not sure what else I should look at.
Any advice is appreciated .

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

I messed with the connector last night and it didn't do anything. But I kept the machine on. I turned it off and back on then presto, it’s all lit up .
That leads me to believe something else might be going on. I had the MPU repaired, maintenances & tested. A year or so ago. I would imagine it’s still in proper working order.
The DMD also acts a bit strange. It lights up but looks like static. After a half hour or so, the static turns into the proper grafix.
Not sure what else I should look at.
Any advice is appreciated .

I would start with the basics first before you do anything else.
1st question - When the machine is doing the not powering up thing, aka no dmd, no playfield lights, are there any leds lit on the driver board??
If that's a no then it's because it's not getting power and will be either the connector at J101 due to poor wire connection OR it's because there is a cracked solder joint/s on the header pins of the driver board that J101 pushes on to. Cracked (cold) solder joints have an annoying habit of working sometimes and then stuffing up at other times.
If all the leds that normally light up on the driver board are lit up when you have the non booting problem occur then yes it will be another issue entirely and then you'll need to do a bit more investigating.
When DMD's play up visually it can be mostly fixed by re-seating the data cable that goes from the DMD to the display board (do it with the machine off though). I usually buy Molex connectors from Pinball Life and i still prefer to use the original IDC style. Gotta remember, most of the connectors on these earlier machines are still original and the wires going into the connectors are too. That's why i suggest redoing the wires to the connector by snipping off the end and refreshing the connection.

#12460 1 year ago

Agreed w/ @Mancave, as long as the pins themselves are ok at J01, re-flow them with a bit of fresh solder. If still no improvement, replace female connector to J101 as well. If you need parts and you're in Tom's River, I'm not far from you and can probably source them from the Radio Shack in my workshop

1 week later
#12461 1 year ago

I purchased another Getaway that has a fairly new CPR play field in it. Now, I have 2 Getaways. I decided to put the nice CPR play field into my other game, which has new decals. I labeled all the wiring, removed play fields from the cabinet and changed them out.
Problem- Now, one of the games switches is all wrong and the other game the solenoids / lights are all messed up. The wiring all appears to be correct. I can't figure out what happened. Anyone?

#12462 1 year ago

Working on the machine with switch problems, I noticed anytime I push a switch in the J209-7 row the entire column above that goes off in switch test. Also, far right switch 86 doesn’t work at all. I’m wondering if a diode under the play field could cause this. I may have possibly bumped it during the play field swap. Either that or U-19 decided to go bad. I can’t think of anything else that would cause this.

B24EEAD0-5746-453D-AE65-3CF3FD1BA85F (resized).jpegB24EEAD0-5746-453D-AE65-3CF3FD1BA85F (resized).jpeg
#12463 1 year ago

Sounds like you have a switch wire touching \ contacting something under the playfield. have a look at your switches or trace it out with a meter.
Hopefully you haven't blown any chips.
you can use a diode to check j209 inputs to make sure the chip is ok.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Switch_11_or_Switch_12_Reported_as_Closed_With_All_Switch_Matrix_Connectors_Removed

6.27.4 Switch Matrix Problems
Isolate the problem to the MPU or to the game wiring/diodes/switches

#12464 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Sounds like you have a switch wire touching \ contacting something under the playfield. have a look at your switches or trace it out with a meter.
Hopefully you haven't blown any chips.
you can use a diode to check j209 inputs to make sure the chip is ok.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Switch_11_or_Switch_12_Reported_as_Closed_With_All_Switch_Matrix_Connectors_Removed
6.27.4 Switch Matrix Problems
Isolate the problem to the MPU or to the game wiring/diodes/switches

I appreciate the tips and your help. The good news is I have another mpu to swap out and help isolate the problem. However, these WPC have so much freaking wiring, I think I’m going to do a quick check under the play field first.

#12465 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I appreciate the tips and your help. The good news is I have another mpu to swap out and help isolate the problem. However, these WPC have so much freaking wiring, I think I’m going to do a quick check under the play field first.

Good news! The left lower targets had bent lugs touching. Except for the lower speaker not working, I'll call this fixed. Thanks for the help. Now I need to move onto the other Getaway

#12466 1 year ago

2nd Getaway fixed. Ended up being a ribbon cable causing no solenoids, no GI and no insert lights. I spent hours looking for the problem and finally got lucky. Anyway, I ‘m almost finished with her. Here’s some pics as promised.

017967CB-A719-425F-8754-F456B0393E26 (resized).jpeg017967CB-A719-425F-8754-F456B0393E26 (resized).jpeg0B4A6F25-6679-471C-8023-7B6AB4A6F2CB (resized).jpeg0B4A6F25-6679-471C-8023-7B6AB4A6F2CB (resized).jpeg10E65683-35D8-49E4-A358-AC60CB688710 (resized).jpeg10E65683-35D8-49E4-A358-AC60CB688710 (resized).jpeg3690FC72-8899-401B-AC0C-478E268F5FD4 (resized).jpeg3690FC72-8899-401B-AC0C-478E268F5FD4 (resized).jpeg4D3E49A1-0C5B-4EE0-85CC-5333F7BD7618 (resized).jpeg4D3E49A1-0C5B-4EE0-85CC-5333F7BD7618 (resized).jpeg5F5825E3-6B5D-4021-AD71-BA7D9FC64C8C (resized).jpeg5F5825E3-6B5D-4021-AD71-BA7D9FC64C8C (resized).jpegD25E9976-5106-42FC-AEC5-5A3935DD4407 (resized).jpegD25E9976-5106-42FC-AEC5-5A3935DD4407 (resized).jpegEC70E339-3FA3-46D5-BAAB-FB0E16FC2C80 (resized).jpegEC70E339-3FA3-46D5-BAAB-FB0E16FC2C80 (resized).jpegFEAC1F3E-798F-454C-AC75-A3D679C1D243 (resized).jpegFEAC1F3E-798F-454C-AC75-A3D679C1D243 (resized).jpeg
#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

2nd Getaway fixed. Ended up being a ribbon cable causing no solenoids, no GI and no insert lights. I spent hours looking for the problem and finally got lucky. Anyway, I ‘m almost finished with her. Here’s some pics as promised.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#12468 1 year ago

Thanks to you. Some amazing mods at fair prices. The Donut Heaven is ridiculous.

#12469 1 year ago

Lookin GREAT!

#12470 1 year ago

Anybody try and remove this big clear plastic rectangle?

8CAF9E6C-8A7D-43DD-A042-7EE5C687A467 (resized).jpeg8CAF9E6C-8A7D-43DD-A042-7EE5C687A467 (resized).jpeg
#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Nope, it's two screws. Much too difficult. I doubt anyone ever did that. But seriously, what are you trying to say or ask? Removing the clips from the ramp? The plastic is there to avoid the ball getting trapped in that area in case of airballs. I dont think its a good idea to remove it.

#12472 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

[quoted image]

That’s where I mounted my Lambo. I also sell a road decal for that piece.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/210#post-5542025

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12473 1 year ago
IMG_8697 (resized).JPGIMG_8697 (resized).JPG
#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Nope, it's two screws. Much too difficult. I doubt anyone ever did that. But seriously, what are you trying to say or ask? Removing the clips from the ramp? The plastic is there to avoid the ball getting trapped in that area in case of airballs. I dont think its a good idea to remove it.

I’m not seeing any airball that it would deflect and nothing it’s protecting. I’m thinking of removing it to make it more visually appealing. Much like the Stern POTC sneeze guard.

#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m not seeing any airball that it would deflect and nothing it’s protecting. I’m thinking of removing it to make it more visually appealing. Much like the Stern POTC sneeze guard.

I'd say "Your machine, do what you want. The plastic can be replaced at any time, so no harm done. Just don't cut off the fixtures from the ramp, because that is irreversible destruction. "

#12476 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've had balls hit my car on occasion and land on that plastic. Personally, I say remove it if you want to and if/when you stick a couple of airballs up there and have to take the glass off to retrieve them you can always reinstall the piece. You must know that when they are testing games they learn where balls can get stuck and then take measures to prevent it from happening (i.e. they don't just arbitrarily put plastics on the game). In the case of Getaway, there were even service bulletins published after the game was launched regarding pieces to be added (e.g. the back left ball bracket) as a result of operators reporting balls getting stuck/lost.

#12477 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Quoted from Kobaja:

Nope, it's two screws. Much too difficult. I doubt anyone ever did that. The plastic is there to avoid the ball getting trapped in that area in case of airballs. I dont think its a good idea to remove it.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m not seeing any airball that it would deflect and nothing it’s protecting.

These had me falling out of my chair laughing, for a number reasons! Thanks for the giggles on a muckin funday!!

#12478 1 year ago

Looking to buy this alternative translite.

Does anyone happen to have one for sale, before I order one from across the Atlantic?

Thanks!

l_translite_the_geteway_flipperkast_williams_03 (resized).jpgl_translite_the_geteway_flipperkast_williams_03 (resized).jpg
#12479 1 year ago

How about this one? 50 bucks plus ship.

819F8E60-476E-4713-8F01-5E1EEF1679D9 (resized).jpeg819F8E60-476E-4713-8F01-5E1EEF1679D9 (resized).jpeg
#12480 1 year ago

A little too sexy ... I'll pass.

But, thanks for the offer!

#12482 1 year ago

Getaway restoration complete including a video mod, not great at taking the video, you get the idea:

and another one of snippets during construction, video playback primarily keys on the music:

#12483 1 year ago

What does the photo setting do?

#12484 1 year ago

hawknole you have details on the build? My getaway was missing the ramp sign when I bought it. This might be a cool upgrade.

#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

What does the photo setting do?

I just looked it up. It’ll change the attract screen when the flipper buttons are pushed.

#12486 1 year ago

howdy everyone.

Quick question I hope, but could someone tell me why my Getaway's backboard has this slot cut through it? I cant see it being used in any of my shop out pics, but its been in pieces for a year now, so maybe I am just forgetting.

IMG_20221121_100337088 (resized).jpgIMG_20221121_100337088 (resized).jpgIMG_20221121_100348458 (resized).jpgIMG_20221121_100348458 (resized).jpg
#12487 1 year ago

Has anyone gone with orange rings/posts on their Getaway? I'm about to start on my playfield swap (we'll, a local pinball friend will be taking the lead), and I'm thinking orange would look really good and go with the orange on the plastics & playfield. If you have done orange rings/flipper rubbers, can you please post some pics?

#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone gone with orange rings/posts on their Getaway? I'm about to start on my playfield swap (we'll, a local pinball friend will be taking the lead), and I'm thinking orange would look really good and go with the orange on the plastics & playfield. If you have done orange rings/flipper rubbers, can you please post some pics?

I just saw this one the other day on the market done in orange and yellow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139891

#12489 1 year ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

I just saw this one the other day on the market done in orange and yellow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139891

Thanks, that's a really clean game. Not exactly what I'm thinking of doing, but the orange posts and flipper rubbers do give me a good visual. My plan is to go with clear posts and orange rings/rubbers.

I've done red posts with clear rings and clear posts with red rings in the past, and just looking for something that pops a little more with the new playfield. The oranges in this game look great IMO, so I'm thinking the orange bands would really add to the look.

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks, that's a really clean game. Not exactly what I'm thinking of doing, but the orange posts and flipper rubbers do give me a good visual. My plan is to go with clear posts and orange rings/rubbers.
I've done red posts with clear rings and clear posts with red rings in the past, and just looking for something that pops a little more with the new playfield. The oranges in this game look great IMO, so I'm thinking the orange bands would really add to the look.

I was surprised that the orange/yellow looks great. My original inclination was to detract from the neon orange and go with the primary colors in the playfield but leaning into the orange gives it a whole different feel. Almost like racing though a construction site dodging barrels.

#12491 1 year ago

The fun has begun.

IMG_8167 (resized).JPGIMG_8167 (resized).JPG
#12492 1 year ago

I'm searching through the thread but was wondering if anyone who has powder coated their wireframes could please post photos. Trying to decide on color since my chrome is flaking.

#12493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm searching through the thread but was wondering if anyone who has powder coated their wireframes could please post photos. Trying to decide on color since my chrome is flaking.

Cary Hardy powdered his red if i recall correctly, looks great.

Im doing a complete resto and playfield swap on mine right now, was thinking of going gloss black and chrome accents throughout.

#12494 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Cary Hardy powdered his red if i recall correctly, looks great.

Im doing a complete resto and playfield swap on mine right now, was thinking of going gloss black and chrome accents throughout.

Yeah, I saw this pin and talked to him at last year's TPF. I like the red, was also considering orange or black. After doing some mockups, I think I'm going to choose a darker red color. I also thought black would look good, but I think I want a little more pop. BTW, this is not my pin but a random pic I pulled from this thread, so thanks to whoever took the photo.

Getaway Wireframe - Red (resized).jpgGetaway Wireframe - Red (resized).jpgGetaway Wireframe - Orange (resized).jpgGetaway Wireframe - Orange (resized).jpgGetaway Wireframe - Black (resized).jpgGetaway Wireframe - Black (resized).jpg

#12495 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe black with red flake?

I did black with silver flake on my Sopranos and really liked the effect on the wireforms.

#12496 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Thanks for sharing.
Maybe black with red flake?
I did black with silver flake on my Sopranos and really liked the effect on the wireforms.

That would be an interesting color. I think for my particular application, I'm wanting a solid deep red gloss color that complements the reds of the plastics and playfield.

#12497 1 year ago

Could someone please post a top-down view directly from above the supercharger ramp sign? I'm trying to see the standoffs used and how everything is constructed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Could someone please post a top-down view directly from above the supercharger ramp sign? I'm trying to see the standoffs used and how everything is constructed.
[quoted image]

I do have a lit ramp mod installed, but it doesn’t change it much.
28D6C227-7089-47B1-9621-2554E0C0A108 (resized).jpeg28D6C227-7089-47B1-9621-2554E0C0A108 (resized).jpeg3FCEC5E0-31D0-4DA5-BE3E-88AF8ED2A7B2 (resized).jpeg3FCEC5E0-31D0-4DA5-BE3E-88AF8ED2A7B2 (resized).jpeg543207EA-B4A8-4588-B799-F1B82940CA6D (resized).jpeg543207EA-B4A8-4588-B799-F1B82940CA6D (resized).jpeg

#12499 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I do have a lit ramp mod installed, but it doesn’t change it much.

Perfect, thanks.

1 week later
#12500 1 year ago

SOLD

My mistake is someone else's gain. As stated before, I'm in the process of swapping my playfield, and somehow I ended up purchasing double of a few items over the last few months as I've been prepping for the swap.

This leaves me with an extra set of playfield hold down brackets, service support brackets, and playfield slide assemblies (see photo). These parts were all purchased from Marco Specialties, still new in the bags, and to purchase them now the total would be $153 including shipping.

2 x 01-8419 ($8.99 each)
2 x 01-10721 ($27.99 each) - currently only 1 in stock
1 x A-17749.1-1 ($32.99)
1 x A-17749.1-2 ($32.99) - currently out of stock
Shipping - $12.99 (most economical)

If your early 90's Getaway is anything like mine, all of these parts are rusted and the slide assemblies broken and/or not functioning correctly. Since I have no use for these parts, I'm offering them as a bundle for $120 including US shipping (that's a 21.5% discount equaling $33). BTW, you don't need to be doing a playfield swap to need/use these parts.

Please PM me if interested in purchasing, and the first to respond gets the parts.
IMG_8240 (resized).JPGIMG_8240 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.